Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Past Returns (Inactive)

Game Master sunshadow21

Updated Map


501 to 550 of 1,421 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 32/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

West!


Also, Mags can't say with absolute certainty, but after briefly examining Tsuto's wounds, and the weapons available that are most likely to have caused them, and knowing the history between father and son, she reaches the conclusion that the chances of anyone else other than Lonjiku engaging Tsuto in melee combat seem highly unlikely.

Regarding the survival checks in the smuggler's tunnel, the freshest signs of others traveling it you encounter are about a day old.


HP: 22/28 NL: 0 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +2, W+1 | Per:+6, Init: +2 | Rage: 14/14

Cool, never hurts to check.

Mags easily hefts the heavy blade in one had as she motions for the others to stay back. She creeps forward and keeps sweeping her gaze in front of her.

Hands on greatsword, blade at the ready.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


F Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

Stralla readies her crossbow and covers the area in front of her watching Mags creep into the darkness listening for any sound of conflict.


Resources:
1st Level Spells - 3/4 Summon Monster 2 - 4/4
Summoner 3 (HP 30/30; AC:16, T:12, FF:14; Fort:+3 Ref:+3 Will:+3; Init+4; Perception -1)
Effects:
None

Rohan stays back as instructed, stoic, but frustrated deep down. He felt helpless, unable to affect this whole situation. He looks down at Copper who gives him an assured look.


It will be late tomorrow before I get an update up. You're walking into the first real dungeon, and that means I have a very big map to make. So please be patient; I would have preferred to have had a chance to make it already, but life intervened.


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 32/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

We forgive you. =)

The big Shoanti files in behind Rohan and Mags, bullwhip in hand.


Male Eidolon(Quadruped) (HP 15/15; AC:16, T:13, FF:14; Fort:+3 Ref:+6 Will:+1; Init+3; Perception +13) (Effects: None)

No problem.

Copper hops along behind Krojun, looking around for anything peculiar.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15


A slight correction, the side tunnels sprout from the main tunnel as it travels northeast from the glassworks on its way to the cave, but while you are still under Sandpoint. The non bricked one goes east and the bricked over one went west.

Traveling down the tunnel it goes west for about 50 feet before turning north for another 100 feet before it looks like it starts to open up with several side passages visible in a short span of distance. Some of you can barely make up some noise that seems to be coming from the first opening, but you can't really make out any more detail than that.

I need perception checks from everyone, and one round of preparation before we get this party started.

Starting Map


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 32/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

I love parties!

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

Krojun's grip tightens on his whip as he cocks his head, straining to identify the noise.

The big Shoanti fishes a cloth-wrapped bundle from his pack and unfolds it revealing a lump of pressed dried leaves. He sticks a fingerful into his mouth and starts chewing.

Shoanti Barbarian Chew

He extends the bundle offering it to anyone else that wants to partake.


Resources:
1st Level Spells - 3/4 Summon Monster 2 - 4/4
Summoner 3 (HP 30/30; AC:16, T:12, FF:14; Fort:+3 Ref:+3 Will:+3; Init+4; Perception -1)
Effects:
None

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Rohan, doesn't notice anything other than the slight noise.


Male Eidolon(Quadruped) (HP 15/15; AC:16, T:13, FF:14; Fort:+3 Ref:+6 Will:+1; Init+3; Perception +13) (Effects: None)

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

Copper's eyes and ears are alert as he waits around with the rest of the group.


Resources:
1st Level Spells - 3/4 Summon Monster 2 - 4/4
Summoner 3 (HP 30/30; AC:16, T:12, FF:14; Fort:+3 Ref:+3 Will:+3; Init+4; Perception -1)
Effects:
None

Rohan declines the offer of chew. He didn't even know what it was, why would he accept? "What is that anyway?"


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 32/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

"Shoanti warrior chew. It will put hair on your chest and fire in your belly", Krojun explains as he angles the bundle towards Rohan again.


Resources:
1st Level Spells - 3/4 Summon Monster 2 - 4/4
Summoner 3 (HP 30/30; AC:16, T:12, FF:14; Fort:+3 Ref:+3 Will:+3; Init+4; Perception -1)
Effects:
None

"Why would I want that, exactly?"


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 32/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

Krojun stops chewing and stares at the young sailor in disbelief.

He resumes chewing again a moment later and extends his offer to the others instead.


HP: 22/28 NL: 0 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +2, W+1 | Per:+6, Init: +2 | Rage: 14/14

Magnhildr's eyes narrow as her grip on her sword tightens. She waves off Krojun's offer.

"I think ye're about to see me with more fire than ye're comfortable with."

She gives the others a half-smile before focusing her attention down the passage.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 32/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

Krojun shrugs his broad tattooed shoulders and stows the bundle.


F Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
wow!


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 3 HP 19/19 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+4 CMD+16 MW Rapier/MW S. Sword (+6,+4/+2) 1d6+2/18-20x2/19-20x2 S. Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:1 R:9 W:1)

Talon's blade is drawn as he carefully places each step so as not to create any noise. He watches the floor for any sign of recent taffic and potential traps and listens carefully to any sounds that mightbe echoing their way down the passages.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

He looks over at Krojun, acknowledging his offer with a wink and says, "Next time man, but thanks."

'Could these passages be the storerooms from some smuggling operation?'

Talon also feels a surge in his heart as he thinks of poor Ameiko and her loss. Though they were estranged, he knows deep down that she loved them deeply and now the chance for reconciliation and forgiveness if lost. A true tragedy.

Oh, I started keeping a record of stuff we've received as a party in my profile under Party Loot. Have the Journal and 120gp. Let me know if I am missing anything.


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk 1

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Wyran is unusually lost in thought and not paying attention. Even two such as Lonjiku and Tsuto did not deserve such a fate.


Init Rolls:
Copperscale 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Krojun 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Magnhlidr 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Morstralla 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Rohan 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Talon 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Wyren 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

It 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Copper, Morstralla, and Talon all hear something scuffling in the second opening as Mags is confronted by a humanoid creature who steps out of the first room and into the hallway beyond, making it impossible to pass it (the V4,V5 line). None of you have ever seen anything quite like this; the hairless humanoid lurches around on back bent, dog like legs, and its teeth filled mouth has two tiny arms with three fingered hands growing out of it's side.

Sentry Duty round 1:
no fresh map as there are few changes and/or tactical options

Combat order (bold still to go)
Magnhlidr
It
Everyone else in posting order

Current Status
Copperscale 11/11
Krojun 27/27
Magnhlidr 22/22
Morstralla 17/17
Rohan 22/22
Talon 16/16
Wyran 9/9

It

DC 23 Dungeoneering:
You vaguely recall hearing stories about sinspawn, creatures made from the essence of pure sin, with each sin shaping the creature differently. This creature seems like it could possibly be one of those, but more than that you are not able to pin down.


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 32/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

Sounds good. Thanks Talon.

Round 1, Init 10

Krojun sucked in a breath as the twisted creature comes into view. He'd heard of no such monsters from the elders of his Quah but it was no doubt dangerous.

The big Shoanti cracked his whip once for effect before lashing out and trying to pull the creature's legs out from underneath it.

Move up until I'm 15 feet away.

Trip vs CMD: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 3 HP 19/19 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+4 CMD+16 MW Rapier/MW S. Sword (+6,+4/+2) 1d6+2/18-20x2/19-20x2 S. Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:1 R:9 W:1)

Upon seeing Krojun's trip attempt on the wretched beast talon races forward past Rohan and Copper along side Mags (about W5) and attempts a slice it from one end to the other.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


F Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2
The Voice of Wisdom wrote:
None of you have ever seen anything quite like this; the hairless humanoid lurches around on back bent, dog like legs, and its teeth filled mouth has two tiny arms with three fingered hands growing out of it's side.

image


Morstralla Fullvault wrote:
The Voice of Wisdom wrote:
None of you have ever seen anything quite like this; the hairless humanoid lurches around on back bent, dog like legs, and its teeth filled mouth has two tiny arms with three fingered hands growing out of it's side.
image

Thank you for finding that. Finding and using actual images are definitely the weak spot of pbps, so any help to alleviate it is appreciated.


Resources:
1st Level Spells - 3/4 Summon Monster 2 - 4/4
Summoner 3 (HP 30/30; AC:16, T:12, FF:14; Fort:+3 Ref:+3 Will:+3; Init+4; Perception -1)
Effects:
None

Rohan moves into the fray after Krojun tries to get the hideous creature off its feet. He didn't know what it was, but he knew it needed to be dealt with.

I assume it's an abberation.
Monster Hunter: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9 Maybe it's prone?

1d8 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 10


F Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

"Mags, send that demon spawn back to the Abyss! Abadar empowers you!"

Inspiring Word (+2 to attack rolls, saves, and checks for 1 round) 4 uses remaining


HP: 22/28 NL: 0 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +2, W+1 | Per:+6, Init: +2 | Rage: 14/14

Thanks, but that'll be on my next turn I'm afraid.
Round 1:
Move: Manifest Halo
Standard: Attack the thing.
Free: Rage.

Once it's obvious that They were spotted, a halo manifests above Magnhildr's head bathing the tunnel in an icy white light.

Move action to manifest halo, shines light as a torch.

"اتاہ کنڈ، دانو پر واپس جائیں."

Celestial:
"Back to the abyss, demon."

Her words sound like bells ringing from the heavens as a righteous fury gives her strength.

Attack Greatsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Damage Greatsword: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 4) + 7 = 12
Probably Missed.


Round 1, middle

The creature seems unconcerned about Mag's halo or her strange words. Fortunately for Mags, it's aim is as good as hers, and it misses her. Krojun is able to get in a whip attack to the legs that the creature almost dodges, but is ultimately not able to, and it finds itself prone, which Talon takes full advantage of; after Talon's thrust, the creature is clearly hurt, but not mortally. Rohan's spear is unable to even connect as the walls get in the way.

Copper is the only other one that will be be able to engage in melee without squeezing at this point, so act accordingly. I need 1st round actions from Wyran and Copper, and Mags 2nd round action.


Male Eidolon(Quadruped) (HP 15/15; AC:16, T:13, FF:14; Fort:+3 Ref:+6 Will:+1; Init+3; Perception +13) (Effects: None)

Copper delays as I think all the adjacent spaces are taken. When one opens up he'll come back in.


HP: 22/28 NL: 0 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +2, W+1 | Per:+6, Init: +2 | Rage: 14/14

Round 2: same as the first. Try and whack it.
Attack Greatsword: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 = 14
Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 6) + 7 = 19 Please hit!

Undeterred, Mags swings again, bringing her sword down in a wild and powerful overhand chop.


Squeezing and prone canceled each other out, and you just hit the base AC.

Magnhlidr is somehow able to squeeze in and, though it almost squirms out of the way, she is able to finish the creature off.

Now What? The first opening appears to be a nice cave. The second opening appears to be a hallway that leads to a room of some kind. And the hallway continues on north. And for loot, you find a ranseur.


Male Eidolon(Quadruped) (HP 15/15; AC:16, T:13, FF:14; Fort:+3 Ref:+6 Will:+1; Init+3; Perception +13) (Effects: None)

Copper quickly searches the "nice" cave while trying to stay silent.

Perception Take 10: 10 + 13 = 23

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 32/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

Krojun watches Copper slip into the smaller room.

"Search it quickly."


HP: 22/28 NL: 0 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +2, W+1 | Per:+6, Init: +2 | Rage: 14/14

After the ring of metal on stone finishes echoing the only sound coming from the young warrioress is deep breaths of air that cause her shoulders to rise in fall with an ever slowing tempo. The halo fades and the glow from her eyes lessens.

"E'ryone a'right?"


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 32/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

"Yes, you and Talon cut it down before it cut get those claws into anyone. Well done."

Krojun flips the creature over with a booted foot.

"Now we are left to wonder what sort of creature it is. A breed of goblin perhaps?"


Resources:
1st Level Spells - 3/4 Summon Monster 2 - 4/4
Summoner 3 (HP 30/30; AC:16, T:12, FF:14; Fort:+3 Ref:+3 Will:+3; Init+4; Perception -1)
Effects:
None

"Yea, I'm not hurt. No idea what this is. But it wanted to hurt us, that much was true."


HP: 22/28 NL: 0 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +2, W+1 | Per:+6, Init: +2 | Rage: 14/14

Mags shakes her head, looking decidedly uneasy.

"Not like any goblin I've ever heard of."


It's a cave, just about the perfect size for a small dragon like Copper to use as a home, but otherwise, nothing special about it.


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 3 HP 19/19 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+4 CMD+16 MW Rapier/MW S. Sword (+6,+4/+2) 1d6+2/18-20x2/19-20x2 S. Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:1 R:9 W:1)

Talon wipes his blade on the skin of the downed creature to clean it. His head tilts as he examines it. "Disgusting, if this is any indication of what we may be dealing with down here ..."

He then picks up the ranseur and examines it carefully.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

or not so carefully, as the case may be.


HP: 22/28 NL: 0 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +2, W+1 | Per:+6, Init: +2 | Rage: 14/14

Magnhildr scouts up ahead as soon as the fatigue from her adrenaline rush wears off.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


F Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

"I've read a few holy texts at the cathedral and there were horrid monstrosities such as this found in them, I don't know it's name or origin, but I'd bet it's unnatural and extraplanar."


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 32/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

Krojun follows behind the fiery Magnhildr, whip in hand.


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 3 HP 19/19 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+4 CMD+16 MW Rapier/MW S. Sword (+6,+4/+2) 1d6+2/18-20x2/19-20x2 S. Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:1 R:9 W:1)

Seeing Krojun advance, Talon walks beside him.


There are four openings in the tunnel. First is the cave. Second is a roughly 30 foot hallway going east that seems to lead to a room of some sort that has a lot of rubble in it and a single door on the north wall. About 35 feet north of the tunnel is an opening into another room; this room has hallways going north, east, and south, and there appears to be a large statue in the middle of it. 20 feet beyond the that opening the tunnel ends and you find yourself in what appears to be an old prison cell. You can tell that the tunnel is relatively recent; the ruin that these openings open up into is most definitely not and is clearly of superior construction. Even the locals in the party are completely surprised to find such a place literally just beneath their town.

Let me know which opening you want to investigate, and we'll go from there.


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 3 HP 19/19 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+4 CMD+16 MW Rapier/MW S. Sword (+6,+4/+2) 1d6+2/18-20x2/19-20x2 S. Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:1 R:9 W:1)

"So there's nothing of interest in the cave, should we try the rubble room first? Tactically I'd rather close out options before opening others, but I'm open to ideas. What about order - I like to be up front enough to keep an eye out for traps and able to support the front line as needed."

Whichever direction they proceed into, Talon will keep is eyes open for anything that might be a trap or a potential threat about to pounce on them. He will also try to be as quiet as possible, despite the potential for overall noise created by the party as a whole. Rapier out in front of him as he walks.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 32/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

"Whatever we decide let's not wait in one place too long. There may be more of those creatures down here and it would best we caught them unaware instead of the reverse."

Rubble-filled room sounds good to me.


F Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

"I'll watch the back, I can see in the gloom well enough."


Resources:
1st Level Spells - 3/4 Summon Monster 2 - 4/4
Summoner 3 (HP 30/30; AC:16, T:12, FF:14; Fort:+3 Ref:+3 Will:+3; Init+4; Perception -1)
Effects:
None

"Agreed. There might even be worse down here."

501 to 550 of 1,421 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Past Returns All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.