Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Pact Stone Pyramid (Inactive)

Game Master Pact Stone GM

A Pathfinder Module, converted from 3.5 to the Pathfinder system, with a party of level 7.


3,651 to 3,700 of 6,763 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>

Male Half-orc Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 / Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Even though the huge half-orc has shown few signs of weariness, Hurgah still lets out a guttural sigh of relief as Halstadt's wave of positive energy washes over him. He quickly lays down flat, aware that his massive frame will stand out among the soldiers.

He lies there and listen as the others discuss the plans to infiltrate the camp and pyramid. Finally, he grumbles in a low, grinding voice.

"All this sneaking and skulking has gotten us nowhere. We are no closer to getting into the pyramid than we were when we arrived. Enough now, I say. Even if we survive the pyramid, we will still have to face the Exemplar and her pet monks once we emerge. Let us strike at them now, then.

We know that the soldiers are weak. They have numbers, true, but once we show them the heads of Khymrasa and the pale devil-lovers, their courage will melt and they will flee like whipped mongrels. Then we can explore the damn pyramid in peace.

If you have a place where we can hide and rest for a few hours, that would be best, but otherwise, I say it is time to show the high and mighty Exemplar and her flock of traitors and cowards the color of their entrails."

Btw, Hurgah is still hurtin' a bit - 48 of 72 hp


Male Dwarf Fighter 5/Rogue(Trapsmith) 2
stats:
Hp's: 77; AC 23, T: 12, FF: 18; Perc. +12; Fort: +9; Ref: +8, Will: +7

All non-lethal

1. 3d10 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (10, 6, 4) + 12 + (1) = 33
2. 3d10 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (10, 9, 7) + 12 + (6) = 44
3. 3d10 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (9, 1, 10) + 12 + (6) = 38
4. 3d10 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (7, 3, 3) + 12 + (3) = 28
5. 3d10 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 6) + 12 + (6) = 33
6. 3d10 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (7, 3, 10) + 12 + (5) = 37

Now that's taking advantage of some sneak attack rolls. :)

The 3d10 is the criticaled(that is soooo not a word) waraxe; the +12 is the power attack that is criticaled; the 1d6 is sneak attack. I'm drawing a blank on whether or not power attack is also criticaled. If not, then just subtract 8 from each total.


Male Dwarf Cleric 8

Seeing the mighty Hurgah still wounded Hal converts a few of Angradd's gifts into healing energy. [Ooc] Swap Enthrall and Instant Armor for 2 Cure Moderate Wounds spells. [Ooc]

Cure Light Wounds 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (8, 3) + 7 = 18
Cure Light Wounds 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (7, 6) + 7 = 20

Hal looks at the Potentate and Karek to ensure that they are well before we begin.

"I think the Sand Sage is who we need to worry about Hurgah, if we attack the Exemplar surely he will intervene. Better to sneak in and destroy this Pactstone. On the way out we will deal with the monks and if they follow us in so much the better".


Breach Shattershield aka Javell wrote:
The 3d10 is the criticaled(that is soooo not a word) waraxe; the +12 is the power attack that is criticaled; the 1d6 is sneak attack. I'm drawing a blank on whether or not power attack is also criticaled. If not, then just subtract 8 from each total.

-

It is all good news for Breach.

Not only does he not need to subtract 8, he needs to add in some more. The way I try to remember it - with my die luck it doesn't come up all that often and it’s confusing - is this:

In general, "static" bonuses (ones you do not have to roll for) are multiplied. Variable bonuses (ones you roll for) are not multiplied.

That means, when he crits with his axe on a Power Attack, Breach is a whopping +36. All of his bonuses like Strength, a +1 magic weapon, weapon training are multiplied. Basically, in this case, everything but sneak attack is tripled.

So we add 24 more points on to your results and we get some titanic hits. They range from 52 to 68! Breach really has achieved a Hollywood style K.O. These guys are not going to wake up for approximately 1 hour. Assuming their unmoving bodies hanging on their spears is not discovered before by a patrol before then, that will buy you guys a nice chunk of time.


Male Human Wizard Level 8 - Conjurer
Hurgah the Reaver wrote:


"All this sneaking and skulking has gotten us nowhere.

"I have to come to trust friend Hurgah's instincts over these last few days, and my desire to take vengeance upon those cursed monks is almost as strong as my fervent need to bathe in a great vat of ale and then sleep for a month. And if it were not for the unnerving presence of the Sand Sage, I would wholeheartedly endorse razing Khymrasa's camp to the ground. Unfortunately, that powerful wizard made it quite clear that attacking the Osirian troops would bring his wrath. If we have a chance to strike at the devil servants without having to go through a bunch of troops first, then Hurgah's plan might work. Otherwise, I fear it would be a bloodbath with much risk to ourselves.”


And with that the Dune Squad departs, making their way back to the Slave camp. Their number has swollen back to eight, with the Mithral Scarab making it nine.

The last to leave the guard post is Breach who gives the Osirions-on-a-stick each one last solid whack across the noggin sending them back to sleep.

The trip back through the dunes is much easier this time around. Having already penetrated past the lines of guards guarding the camp, the only danger amongst the hills of sand in this region is the threat of hidden floating eyes which Lydia reminds have been known to patrol the area. Gandel and Lydia range ahead of the Squad, coning the area in tandem with their magic, hoping to spot the eyes before the Squad can be detected. From the middle of the pack, Karek elaborates on his theory that the Sand Sage might be a potential ally. If true, it would do little good for him to sound the alarm now. The Scarab, however, remains skeptical. She’s quite certain he remains in the service of Khymrasa.

It is though academic—nothing is seen. Either there were no eyes, or they evaded the Squad’s magical detection.

-----

The Dune Squad is about to enter area “B” on the “Excavation Site” map. They will enter from the east side. Xerissa will know from her scrying session that the Dune Squad will need to reach the north side of area “B”. Once you enter area “B” they will find it populated with busy slaves and the occasional guard patrols. Lydia will beat on you all to do what you can to disguise yourselves with an emphasis on concealing your weapons and armor. She will also be looking for a solution to the fact that Moonpate and Hurgah are well known as wanted men in the camp due to a certain pair of statues. Lydia will attempt to 'snake' you through the camp while encountering as few people as possible. Hal, Gandel and Breach know though that this was tough when there were just four of them. Now you are nine and even more conspicuous. Actions?


Male Dwarf Cleric 8

Hal will don his slave garb once again placing his gear into his haversack.


Female Elf Druid 5 (desert)/Rogue 3 (spy)

Xerissa uses her hat of disguise to transform from a guard into a young slave girl. She will hang back behind the party as moving as a group of 9 is much more conspicuous. Perhaps we could break into three groups of three or something.


Male Human Wizard Level 8 - Conjurer
Pact Stone GM wrote:
Lydia will beat on you all to do what you can to disguise yourselves with an emphasis on concealing your weapons and armor. She will also be looking for a solution to the fact that Moonpate and Hurgah are well known as wanted men in the camp due to a certain pair of statues.

Moon will wrap his big, shiny pate in rags and stoop like a laborer who has carried heavy loads his whole life. He will also wrap his hands in rags, to hide his rings, as well as make sure that any other items like his mug and buckle are out of sight under his loose fitting clothes. He certainly already looks bedraggled, worn, filthy, and beaten.

Before moving out from the guard post he will also cast Mage Armor on himself.


Male Halfling Bard (Archivist) 6 / Pathfinder Delver 2

Gandel re-dons his dirty slave garb, swathing himself in their loose folds in an attempt to disguise himself as a water-bearing child as he did the night before. He positions his haversack under the clothes to give himself a hunch-backed appearance. Gandel will keep his mithril shirt and vest of escape on under his clothes, with his scorpion whip looped around his waist.


Male Half-orc Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 / Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Hurgah covers himself up as best he can, taking care to cover his many tattoos and wrap a scarf around his head to conceal his orcish ancestry.


Male Dwarf Barbarian (Breaker) 8

Karek fiercely embraces Bunky and says some excited greetings in Terran before warmly greeting the rest of the party. He basks in Halstadt's healing glow as he meets Donkor, Halstadt, Gandel, and wise elder Breach once more. He greets Xerissa and the Mithral Scarab with a handshake and a wary glance. Which is a reasonably warm greeting, considering the circumstances. At least these witches don't seem to be elves.

----------------

Karek remains quiet and low as the party reunites, trying to catch his breath after his long run. He indicates that he more or less prefers the stealth option. When the subject of the Sand Sage comes up, Karek speaks up.

Da Sand Sage is loyal to his beeble, but he dislikes d'Asmodeans. He could hab helbed find us lasd nide, bud did nod. I dink he will not hinder us fv we look to fide da monks an' sbare his beeble.


Male Dwarf Fighter 5/Rogue(Trapsmith) 2
stats:
Hp's: 77; AC 23, T: 12, FF: 18; Perc. +12; Fort: +9; Ref: +8, Will: +7

Grumbling under his breath with having to remove his armor again, Breach reluctantly returns himself to disguised form along with the others.


Karek Kogan wrote:
He greets Xerissa and the Mithral Scarab with a handshake and a wary glance. Which is a reasonably warm greeting, considering the circumstances. At least these witches don't seem to be elves.

-

Actually, as luck would have it, the Scarab is a half-elf. Coincidentally, Thalia was also a half-elf so Karek's distrust of elves is probably not terribly assisted by the "half" aspect.

Xerissa at least is a human. Both are Pathfinders if that helps, and Karek has had good dealings with Pathfinders historically, if I recall his background correctly.


Hurgah the Reaver wrote:
Hurgah covers himself up as best he can, taking care to cover his many tattoos and wrap a scarf around his head to conceal his orcish ancestry.

-

The Scarab looks up at the giant Reaver and winces. She taps her toe in thought.

"Wait here," she says, "I'll be back in a minute." She then darts ahead of the Dune Squad entering the slave camp.

She returns a minute or two later dragging a large tent canvass. "Here's what we do. We roll him up in this like a carpet. Then Breach - and this other guy with the giant arms, Karek is it? You carry him like you're hauling a loaded tent. We've got workers moving tents and gear all the time right now. Now that the pyramids open, there's a lot less workers and a lot of people are being moved around."

OOC: "You put the cuffs on the wookie."


“Donkor Sooron, Slave Master”
-----
Donkor tries for a slightly different tact. Having already secreted his armor away in his pack, he inverts the lower half of his clerical vestments to conceal the various symbols of Pharasma embroidered within. He removes his top and turns his cape into something vaguely like a sash. Unlike most of the Dune Squad, Donkor’s skin has the look of the locals and he lacks the red blotches of burn that can so quickly expose a foreigner. He retains all of his jewellery, including the big honking ring of star tribe jewellery and his over-sized amulet. Using his acting skill he practices waltzing around like he owns the place, and in particular begins barking a few practice orders to those dressed in slave garb.

He then walks over to Gandel and says, “You There – you boy. You’d best hand me back my whip before I decide to practice my skills on your hide.”

“I’d appreciate the loaner,” he whispers, “I’ll pass it back as soon as we’re there.”

“And you! Bearded old man who does not seem to know how to wash,” he says gesturing to Halstadt. “I thought I told you, you were to carry my pack. See to it that it doesn’t touch the ground again.”


“That’s good”, she says to Donkor with a giggle that betrays her elvish ancestry, but once we get going, perhaps try speaking in Osiriani instead.”

“Breach,” she says, “You know what I want – lose the axe.”
“And the shield.”

“All of you – no weapons. Hide them in the tent-roll with Hurgah, if you have to. I am sure he can look after them.”

“Now let’s hurry.”


Male Human Wizard Level 8 - Conjurer
GM PC: Donkor Sooron wrote:

“Donkor Sooron, Slave Master”

-----
Donkor tries for a slightly different tact.

Moonpate frowns. "No disrespect friend Sooron, but have we not tried the high profile approach before. I am fearful that you will be recognized, especially if that scarred devil monk got a look at you. I doubt that killer ever forgets a face."


Male Half-orc Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 / Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Roooarrgh ur roo!!!

Hurgah looks mighty sceptical at the notion of being hauled around like a rug, but eventually complies.


Male Dwarf Fighter 5/Rogue(Trapsmith) 2
stats:
Hp's: 77; AC 23, T: 12, FF: 18; Perc. +12; Fort: +9; Ref: +8, Will: +7

Breach groans in despair as he reluctantly gives up his weapons as well. "Lydia, lass, ya really know how ta hurt a dwarf."


Male Dwarf Barbarian (Breaker) 8

Karek surrenders his weapon and takes his place as a rug-bearer, giving another suspicious glare at the Scarab's suddenly slightly pointed ears. He looks a little less sure of himself, but is too tired to raise a fuss.


Moonpate wrote:
Moonpate frowns. "No disrespect friend Sooron, but have we not tried the high profile approach before. I am fearful that you will be recognized, especially if that scarred devil monk got a look at you. I doubt that killer ever forgets a face."

---

You know that the players are taking the stakes seriously when they are critical of the actions of the GM PC's. This is a good thing. Rather old fashioned myself, I had always preferred players to step-in and operate PCs who are away anyways. Phrip (or others), let me know what you would have Donkor do instead then. He does not have a set of slave clothes. In hindsight, the Scarab or perhaps the infiltration team might have anticipated this and obtained additional sets in advance. Donkor could always climb inside the tent canvass with Hurgah.


Hurgah the Reaver wrote:

Roooarrgh ur roo!!!

Hurgah looks mighty sceptical at the notion of being hauled around like a rug, but eventually complies.

-

"Shhhhhhhh!" says the Scarab. Once Hurgah is wrapped up in the canvass, she pats him affectionately on the head.

"Alright boys," she says as she points to the huge lumpy roll, "Hoist him up. Everybody ready?"


In case it matters, for clarification, we'll say that when Breach and Karek surrender or give up their weapons, they wrap any pointed or bladed ends and stash them in the tent canvass with Hurgah. Karek's sack holding his armor can squeeze into there as well -- Lydia probably shoulda got a bigger tent.

Try not to jostle him too hard.


Male Human Wizard Level 8 - Conjurer
Pact Stone GM wrote:


Phrip (or others), let me know what you would have Donkor do instead then. He does not have a set of slave clothes. In hindsight, the Scarab or perhaps the infiltration team might have anticipated this and obtained additional sets in advance. Donkor could always climb inside the tent canvass with Hurgah.[/ooc]

I'd vote for having some additional slave clothes handy, but let's have some others weigh in.


Moonpate wrote:
I'd vote for having some additional slave clothes handy, but let's have some others weigh in.

-

Sorry to hassle you Phrip but let me know what you mean. Only Halstadt, Breach and Gandel have actual sets of slave garb.

Do you want the Scarab to head into the camp and try to fetch some while the Squad waits? Or did you mean Donkor should shred his clothes and just do the best he can to simulate Osiriani poverty?


Male Dwarf Barbarian (Breaker) 8

I liked the idea of one of us playing slavemaster, but Moonpate has a point. Everybody putting on slave clothes would probably draw the least attention. If Donkor's not opposed to rending his garments, then that would be okay. Isn't there something of a refuge for his faith nearby? I doubt that would do anything for us, I'm just checking.

Karek makes final preparations in his "costume" via muttered Dwarven with the infiltration team, who's at least a little familiar with this process. Beard goes under the shredded tunic? Fortunately, his day-to-day wear, armor excluded, is grubby and already tattered. Adding a few scraps here and there, courtesy of Bunky, is enough to achieve a look similar to that of the slaves in the camp. Whether Karek can act the part, though, is a different story entirely.

Once ready, he hefts his end of the tent, and groans under the strain. This is going to be a long day.


Male Human Wizard Level 8 - Conjurer
Pact Stone GM wrote:
Moonpate wrote:
I'd vote for having some additional slave clothes handy, but let's have some others weigh in.

-

Sorry to hassle you Phrip but let me know what you mean. Only Halstadt, Breach and Gandel have actual sets of slave garb.

Do you want the Scarab to head into the camp and try to fetch some while the Squad waits? Or did you mean Donkor should shred his clothes and just do the best he can to simulate Osiriani poverty?

I was wondering if, perhaps, by chance, suitable attire might have been previously acquired for the folks on their way to the rendezvous. But having Sooron make a mess of himself might work too. Unless others think him lording it over us for a time is a better idea.


Male Dwarf Cleric 8

The original plan was to go through the camp by night. Once the plan was changed we had little time to react. Whether Scarab had thought ahead I do not know. Hal assumed that Donkor had a solution...


Male Halfling Bard (Archivist) 6 / Pathfinder Delver 2

If Donkor shreds his clothes, Gandel can alwasy fix them using his Mending cantrip.

If it's all the same, Gandel will hold onto his scorpion whip. If Donkor really wants a whip, Gandel will give him his plain whip from his haversack.


Halstadt Morgrym wrote:
The original plan was to go through the camp by night. Once the plan was changed we had little time to react. Whether Scarab had thought ahead I do not know. Hal assumed that Donkor had a solution...

---

True on all counts. Hal did originally plan for a much safer and sensible incursion by night and had this new venture sprung upon him.

It's also usually correct to blame Donkor for stuff. Although in this particular case I can't yet quite see how.


Moonpate wrote:


I was wondering if, perhaps, by chance, suitable attire might have been previously acquired for the folks on their way to the rendezvous.

-

Nope. Things seem to be solved one step at a time. (Must be adventurers. . .)

Moonpate wrote:
But having Sooron make a mess of himself might work too. Unless others think him lording it over us for a time is a better idea.

-

Clothes shredding it shall be. It's not much of a disguise, but being a native Osirion will help him.


Gandel wrote:
If it's all the same, Gandel will hold onto his scorpion whip. If Donkor really wants a whip, Gandel will give him his plain whip from his haversack.

-

Unnecessary - Donkor has been quickly dissuaded from the slave master idea.

It sounds like the mending spells will come in exceedingly handy. Score another one for the Cantrip King.


“The Slave Camp”

The Mithral Scarab leads the way, selecting her path with care as she slowly tries to wind her way to the opposite end of the slave camp, off to the north, while being seen by as few eyes as possible. There she hopes to reach a green tent described to her by Xerissa Auraraun, the newest pathfinder dispatched by her Venture Captain.

The Scarab is followed by two slave-workers, a bearded man (Halstadt) and a water boy (Gandel). Behind them two burly slaves (Breach and Karek) follow, hauling a rather distended and disorderly roll of tent canvass (Hurgah). Hanging behind is a rather overweight and downtrodden slave (Moonpate) next to a skinny worried looking one with tattered rags for clothing (Donkor). Following ten to twenty seconds behind, a young Osiriani slave girl (Xerissa), darts in and out of the shadows.

The Scarab snakes through an alley of tents, hoping the shadow line will screen the Dune Squad from sight. She has a much more difficult time avoiding other slaves than she did earlier at dawn as the camp was just rising. Despite her best efforts, the Dune Squad encounters several people.

As the Scarab gets closer to the center of the camp, you begin to hear the sound of falling water. Remarkably, the camp appears to have a large white fountain installed as its epicentre. Many slaves in sandals form a winding line in front of the fountain, awaiting their turn to fill their clay jars and barrels. The Scarab however, deliberately avoids the crowd and as such the Dune Squad passes the fountain at quite a distance—you only receive a brief opportunity to glimpse it.

For Donkor Sooron only:

When the Dune Squad passes by the fountain, Donkor hears a strange crackling sound. It takes him a moment to realize it is coming from his own pack. It sounds vaguely like crushing glass.

The Dune Squad then crosses paths with another team of slaves with bowed heads, a smaller group hauling woven baskets filled with reed-wood or camel dung, used for fuelling the small campfires in the evening. They look a bit jealous at the high quality haversacks many of the Dune Squad carries, but their slave driver at the rear barks an order and they pass by without incident. Next, the Squad finds themselves taking a detour. A Build Beast has bit its handler in half and is now spitting acidic globs of froth at the workers who are bravely trying to coral it. The workers seem to be trying to close in on the creature with blankets of burlap.

Open only on a successful DC 13 Animal Handling or Knowledge (Nature) check:

Certain giant insects are sedated when their (many) eyes are covered. The slave handlers seem to be trying to creep close enough to fling a blanket over the creature’s head.

The Scarab ignores the disturbance, and bids you to take advantage of the distraction. A half minute later you come across a second group of slaves who are slowly rolling giant wooden stakes, the kind you have seen used to secure the outer palisade of the Master Camp. A pair of slave masters are employing their whips, ensuring that their charges complete their transport on schedule. The Scarab pulls to the side of the path, allowing the other group to take priority and pass.

Open only on a successful DC 18 Sense Motive DC check:

As they pass, the slave masters eye the Dune Squad most suspiciously. However, they appear to return to their duty of labor-enhancement.

The Dune Squad is barely back on their feet when the Scarab is stopped by an older slave traveling solo. The Scarab appears to know him and they begin to converse.

To be opened by Osiriani speakers only:

From the snippets of conversation you can catch, this appears to be nothing more than an unfortunate social call. In the course of his gossiping, the salve remarks about a dead monk found on the east side of camp south of the stables. He was found in a hastily erected cairn of dirt. Lydia quickly makes her excuses – something about a tent needed urgently in the Master Camp. He appears to be satisfied with this and promises to catch up with her later, having messages of his own to deliver. Once he is gone, the Scarab exhales in relief.

The conversation ends and the Scarab resumes, this time traveling more quickly. You sense she is beginning to take chances, in favor of cutting the trip shorter.

Minutes later, the Dune Squad spies a monk of the Shrine of Horns. The monk is sitting inside the entrance of a black tent with his legs crossed, perhaps resting or in meditation. The slaves and workers of the camp appear to have given his tent a very wide berth. Outside the tent rests a small fire filled with red-hot coals. The fire pit is encircled by numerous stones, some splitting from the heat. A pair of tongs next to the rocks and a large clay pot of water hint that the monk may be preparing a sweat lodge. As soon as the Scarab sees the monk, she quickly adjusts her route, selecting an alternative path.

Open only on a successful DC 24 Sense Motive DC check:

There is no indication that the monk took any notice of the Dune Squad.

Finally a emerald green tent is in sight. The Scarab begins heading towards it, until she can see that the tent’s entrance is guarded by a trio of soldiers. The Scarab quickly ducks in behind another tent, guiding you all towards here. It is another 40 feet to the green tent.

Xerissa only:

This is the right place. You recognize it from your scrying session in Sothis. If you are not too late, inside should be a cluster of volunteers and conscripts awaiting their moment to enter Ahn’Sehlota.

Open only on a successful DC 16 Sense Motive DC check:

The body language of the soldiers is of interest. While they are making a show of guarding the tent from outsiders, they often glance over their shoulder and ward their backs. Perhaps their true focus is on preventing anyone inside from exiting the tent.

The Scarab whispers a reminder that the green tent is located very close to the actual dig site proper. Gandel, Halstadt and Breach well remember that last night there was a huge crowd of security there. If the Dune Squad were discovered now, it is likely that a truly mammoth force would descend upon them quite quickly.


Male Halfling Bard (Archivist) 6 / Pathfinder Delver 2

DC 13 Knowledge (nature) check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
DC 18 Sense Motive check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
DC 24 Sense Motive check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
DC 16 Sense Motive check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Female Elf Druid 5 (desert)/Rogue 3 (spy)

When Xerissa still disguised as a young slave girl catches up she whispers, "Were here! This is the tent where their slaves are being held before they are sent into the pyramid. Anyone up for a rescue?"

Do I make the rolls for the show boxes?


Male Dwarf Barbarian (Breaker) 8

DC 18 Sense Motive: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
DC 24 Sense Motive: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
DC 16 Sense Motive: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


Male Dwarf Fighter 5/Rogue(Trapsmith) 2
stats:
Hp's: 77; AC 23, T: 12, FF: 18; Perc. +12; Fort: +9; Ref: +8, Will: +7

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 vs. 18

Whew! That was a close one. Bah! I prefer a straight fight ta all this sneakin' around.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 vs. 24

Well that was easy enough.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 vs. 16

Odd. Wonder what that's all about.


Male Human Wizard Level 8 - Conjurer
Pact Stone GM wrote:

“The Slave Camp”

DC 13 Knowledge (nature) check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

DC 18 Sense Motive check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

DC 16 Sense Motive check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Male Half-orc Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 / Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Check to spot anything while rolled up like a giant rug: 1d20 ⇒ 12 - fail!


Xerissa Auraraun wrote:

When Xerissa still disguised as a young slave girl catches up she whispers, "Were here! This is the tent where their slaves are being held before they are sent into the pyramid. Anyone up for a rescue?"

Do I make the rolls for the show boxes?

-

Absolutely! Though I also remain hopeful someone will tell me what the Dune Squad is going to do.


Male Halfling Bard (Archivist) 6 / Pathfinder Delver 2

"So we need to get into that green tent?" Gandel asks Lydia and Xerissa. "If only we could find a way to distract those guards at the entrance."

Are there any build beasts within the vicinity?


Male Dwarf Cleric 8

Animal Handling DC 13 - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Sense Motive DC 18 - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Sense Motive DC 24 - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Sense Motive DC 16 - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Hal turns to Xerissa, "Your plan requires us to get in there first, is that right?"


Gandel wrote:
Are there any build beasts within the vicinity?

-

There are no build bests in sight and apart from the rather hostile one Gandel passed approxiamtely 3-5 minutes earlier, Gandel is unaware of any others in the slave camp. Likely there are somewhere, but Gandel would have no way of knowing where.

Gandel knows where the Build Beast stable is from here, but it is on the southeast side of the camp (Area "C" on the Dig Site map whereas you are in the southwest in Area "B").


Maybe I'll facilitate and step in and help out Mr. Exciting (Xerissa) as this was my railroading venture to weave his PC in and I think the PC knows more details than the player. . .

Gandel wrote:
"So we need to get into that green tent?" Gandel asks Lydia and Xerissa.

-

Lydia shrugs with a worried look, looking to Xerissa for confirmation. She has been out of touch with her Venture Captain for quite some time now.

The younger slave girl, Xerissa, nods. "Khymrasa's men will come and escort the slaves and soldiers inside and send them into the pyramid. We need to be inside the tent to replace them -- assuming we're not too late. But if the tent is already empty, why would it be guarded?"

Halstadt Morgrym wrote:
Hal turns to Xerissa, "Your plan requires us to get in there first, is that right?"

-

"Right," answers Xerissa. "I don't know how the tent's current occupants will react when we do though. Be ready for anything."

Lydia whispers, "If they give us trouble, we might need to impose upon Breach for more of his bonking skills."


Male Dwarf Cleric 8

Hal turns to Gandel whispering, "Can you use your tricks to disappear and go see inside the tent and let us know what is in there? Then we can always go in through the side as we did with the buildbeast tent yestereve".


Female Elf Druid 5 (desert)/Rogue 3 (spy)

Sorry!!!! Was away this weekend at FanExpo. Let me get a coffee first, eh?

Here's my rolls:

Knowledge (Nature) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Maybe I shoulda picked up Sense Motive as a class skill. I do though have a pretty wicked Disguise skill. Can I use that to aid the clothes shredders to give them more realistic disguises? Too late?

Anyways, I endorse what Pact has had Xerissa say. I can explode the guards in a ball of fire for us, but that's probably the wrong move. Can't the dwarves just rush em and drop em, kinda like you guys did with the guards earlier? There were six of those guys and now there's even more of us.


Male Human Wizard Level 8 - Conjurer
Halstadt Morgrym wrote:
Hal turns to Gandel whispering, "Can you use your tricks to disappear and go see inside the tent and let us know what is in there? Then we can always go in through the side as we did with the buildbeast tent yestereve".

Hmmm, now the idea of a slave master leading us might have come in handy. Can the Scarab lead us in, basically talking the guards into accepting that we are another bunch of slaves that have been picked for pyramid duty. If they wonder about the bundle (Hurgah) we are carrying she can state that it contains tools, staves, gear for dealing with the traps that surely are to be found in the pyramid. I imagine the guards are really there to keep the slaves from leaving the tent, not for keeping people from entering. Otherwise, I don't see how we can get in without bull rushing the guards into the tent, going Captain Kirk on them to knock them out, and then also doing the same to any slaves in the tent (though maybe they will be relieved if we tell them we are secretly replacing them--maybe on orders of the Ruby Prince). I can't imagine sneaking into the tent from one of the sides will work if it is occupied and without creating some kind of distraction or using some kind of invisibility to mask our large group crawling under.


Male Dwarf Barbarian (Breaker) 8

Can we hear some more about what the tent looks like? Can we see any alternate entrances? Do the guards have horns? Can we see anybody other than those 3 guards in our immediate vicinity? Like, if we just rushed them quickly and quietly, would anybody, y'know, see it? That we can tell from here, anyway?

Honestly, it seems like diplomacy or bluff would work on random guards, and probably work better than more unarmed combat. I'm also in favor of invisible scouting.


Karek Kogan wrote:
Can we hear some more about what the tent looks like? Can we see any alternate entrances? Do the guards have horns? Can we see anybody other than those 3 guards in our immediate vicinity? Like, if we just rushed them quickly and quietly, would anybody, y'know, see it? That we can tell from here, anyway?

-

The emerald tent is approximately 35 x 50 feet in length, making it one of the larger tents in the slave camp (area "B"). It has only a single entrance on the east side, the entrance point under triple guard.

As Karek studies the tent, the detective in him observes an additional detail. The tent’s has been spiked more densely than other tents around the slave camp: whereas most tents tend to have a wooden stake driven through a slit in the canvass and into the sand every 4 feet or so, the emerald tent seems to have a stake every 1 ½ feet. Since the stakes can be uprooted from the outside, this is not an obstacle for anyone trying to sneak inside. However, it would make things tricky for anyone on the inside seeking an unconventional exit, particular if they were on the large size.

Karek cannot see any signalling horns on the three sentries guarding the tent. He also cannot see any other guards in sight. That’s not to say a group of them won’t come around the bend in the next minute, this area may well be patrolled.

The emerald tent is well screened by other tents on its south side, where the Dune Squad is presently hiding now. To the north is an open reach of sand and a path leading to the great abyss that is the dig site (the pyramid – area “A”). About 300 feet away from the emerald tent to the north is a small check-point where the path leaves the slave camp (a new feature, not on the map). The check-point is manned, but the soldiers are – in general - facing away from the direction of the emerald tent, looking towards the path leading to Ahn’Selohta. Enough noise could attract the check-point’s attention, but it would likely take a good shout.

Karek’s impression is that if the three guards were rushed and dropped quickly enough, it could be done without anyone else seeing. The assault would likely need to be flawless in its speed and execution and his assessment assumes there are no other hidden guards, traps, floating eyes, or general ill fortune waiting to befall the Dune Squad.

3,651 to 3,700 of 6,763 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Pact Stone Pyramid All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.