Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Pact Stone Pyramid (Inactive)

Game Master Pact Stone GM

A Pathfinder Module, converted from 3.5 to the Pathfinder system, with a party of level 7.


3,601 to 3,650 of 6,763 << first < prev | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Fighter 5/Rogue(Trapsmith) 2
stats:
Hp's: 77; AC 23, T: 12, FF: 18; Perc. +12; Fort: +9; Ref: +8, Will: +7

I'll aid Gandel since it was his idea. My Disable Device is +18 so that will be an automatic success on aid another.


OOC: Well that gives Gandel +17, + 2 for Breach's aid, and +4 for Xerissa's magic, for a total of +23. I'll just roll for Max to keep things truckin' and while I'm at it I'll keep it off-screen.

A minute later four guards are trussed up, tied to their spears by their waists. Gandel then threads some fishing string between them and ties the other end to a set of stakes to simulate a semblance of upright posture for the guards. The remaining two are left bound and gagged in a dune valley. Every so often Breach pops up and wanders down the line clubbing the four guards with his gauntlet whenever they threaten to revive.

The Osirions recover a point of nonlethal damage every minute, which makes this a bit awkward - unlike the movie where bad guys usually lose consciousness for an almost uniform one hour.

Xerissa and the Scarab take posts on the opposite wings of the four guards. As they are able to hold their spears and actually move, they look much more convincing at closer ranges. Every few seconds, Xerissa uses her magic necklace to move one or more of the guard's arms and legs, attempting to make the guards appear more lively.

It's a bit like Home Alone, if you can forgive the reference. Though this might not be as convincing a Macauley Culkin 's mannequins. At a distance this should work. Though if anyone has a spy glass or come in within 50 feet or so this will not likely hold-up for very long.

Donkor, Gandel and Hal plant themselves in the dune-valley next to the two remaining subdued guards and keep watch. It gives them an opportunity to compare notes. They discover they have all had a rather eventful nights and mornings since they split up. In the meantime, the first camel patrol rides by, coming within 200-300 feet. They give a waive, which Xerissa and the Scarab return. The patrol rides on. For the moment, it seems to be working. But for how long will they need to keep it up?


Female Elf Druid 5 (desert)/Rogue 3 (spy)

Coolness. I'll want to avoid making the same mistake the guards made. Xerissa will also be sure to look behind her - so please factor that in however you are going to do Perception. She doesn't want anyone to get the drop on her, especially from the excavation/pyramid site behind her. If she ever sees something in the distance she's having trouble making out, let me know cause she's got a elixir for that too. I'd prefer to save it for later if I can though.


Male Dwarf Fighter 5/Rogue(Trapsmith) 2
stats:
Hp's: 77; AC 23, T: 12, FF: 18; Perc. +12; Fort: +9; Ref: +8, Will: +7

Like the idea of Breach repeatedly knocking these guys out. That's just greatness. Good call. :)


Less than twenty later the great golem marches by, completing its circuit once again, still carrying a palanquin on its shoulders. A number of the soldiers trailing behind give a waive-like salute in your direction. The Scarab and Xerissa return the wave, as does one of the unconscious guards, courtesy of Xerissa’s magic. Fortunately, the troops aboard and behind the golem do not come particularly close or scrutinize you in great detail. You appear to have survived the first pass.

There is though no sign of ambush team. As the minutes tick by, you are left feeling rather vulnerable. How long do you intend to wait for them?


Male Dwarf Cleric 8

"Donkor what happened to you out there and how did you find Xerissa or how did she find you?" Not sure if Donkor is still away but that is the question Hal would ask him.

As the Golem and the riders pass by without incident Hal asks Gandel and Donkor, "Do you have any spells which can discern where our allies are now?"


As the hour wears on, the Scarab's magical disguise evaporates. She is forced to abandon her post, leaving Gandel and Breach to sub-in another guard-on-a-stick.

Before the last of her magic expires, the Scarab takes a moment to inspect the water barrel. She confirms it is indeed exactly that and helps herself to a drink - unlike the rest of you, she does not have the benefit of an endure elements and standing out in the blazing sun for an hour has already begun to take its toll. She will be forced to retreat into what little shade she can find in a dune valley - which is to say very little.

While she is down there, she takes the opportunity to finally greet Donkor. It has been sometime since the two of them last spoke in Sothis.* She has though read some of his notes he submitted to the Pathfinders for their journal in honor and memory of some of his fallen comrades during their exploration of the Veinstone Pyramid.

With the Scarab out, that leaves Xerissa manning the front “disguise line”, save for Breach who makes occasional quick appearances clonking guards on the head.

*OOC: You will recall Donkor’s backstory was predicated on him having finished the module “Entombed with the Pharaohs. The Scarab is a prominent NPC in that adventure, and they met there. Though he had no idea that her true name was Lydia, something he is just learning now.


Male Dwarf Cleric 8

If Lydia looks exhausted Hal will cast endure elements on her.


Male Halfling Bard (Archivist) 6 / Pathfinder Delver 2
Halstadt Morgrym wrote:
If Lydia looks exhausted Hal will cast endure elements on her.

Save your spell, Hal. I've got the Wand of Endure Elements.

BTW: Sorry for the sudden absence. Thanks for handling the Disable Device check, Grand Master Beetle!

Halstadt Morgrym wrote:
As the Golem and the riders pass by without incident Hal asks Gandel and Donkor, "Do you have any spells which can discern where our allies are now?"

Gandel grimaces at Hal's question. "Sadly I do not. Master Sooron?"

Lydia of Sothis wrote:
Before the last of her magic expires, the Scarab takes a moment to inspect the water barrel. She confirms it is indeed exactly that and helps herself to a drink - unlike the rest of you, she does not have the benefit of an endure elements and standing out in the blazing sun for an hour has already begun to take its toll. She will be forced to retreat into what little shade she can find in a dune valley - which is to say very little.

"I'm so sorry, Lydia. How rude of me! I should have used this on you back at the camp," Gandel says, casting an Endure Elements on his fellow Pathfinder using Belleson's wand.


Once Gandel discharges the wand, the Scarab receives much relief and is grateful.

Meanwhile, Xerissa’s prudence to watch her behind has paid off. In the distance she spies a pair of men making their way for your position. They seem to be taking their time, perhaps studiously avoiding the mass burial mounds further to the northeast. As they get closer, you can see that they appear to be unarmed, perhaps labourers or slaves. They are taking turns rolling a large barrel, not unlike the water barrel that the Scarab drank from earlier.

At their current pace, they should arrive in approximately five minutes.


Female Elf Druid 5 (desert)/Rogue 3 (spy)

I make sure the rest of our group knows about the two guys approaching. I’m guessing/hoping it’s just two joes coming to refresh the water supply, but maybe it’s a trap.

“Once those guys get close they are going to see something is up. I’m kinda tied up here…”

Could somebody intercept them? When they get closer I could waive at the two guys and try to distract them. Maybe point my spear at something in the opposite direction so they look that way.


Karek had been racing at his top speed for over almost two hours now. His armor weighed almost more than he did. Certainly the head of his hammer was at least four times as heavy as the actual head on his shoulders. Still he didn’t even consider passing his hammer to the giant Hurgah who waltzed ahead of him completely unencumbered.

All Kogan knew was that he was slowing everyone down. If Donkor’s message was legitimate—and he has to assume it was—then their one chance to get inside the pyramid was closing fast. Maybe it had already passed, snapped shut forever. He only hoped the others, Hal, Gandel, Breach, would have enough sense to go on ahead without him. Maybe the Sooron would get there in time. The wizard and the Reaver certainly didn’t understand. They continued to stand by him when they should have left him behind hours ago. Moonpate kept looking back at him, his expression one of concern, not understanding that a true dwarf is unaffected by the pain of a heavy load.

Karek tried to will his battered legs to move faster. They wouldn’t, so he just sucked in more air and kept them going. He heard his knees crack, but he ignored it. A dwarf’s knees did not buckle.

Karek is fatigued and has suffered two points of nonlethal damage.


Male Human Wizard Level 8 - Conjurer

This forced desert march is taking both a physical and mental toll. Moonpate's emotions constantly vacillate between concern for himself and his companions (though he marvels at the fortitude and stoicism of Karek and Hurgah), and sheer outrage at the discomforts he has been forced to endure since arriving at the Examplar's camp. Mixed into this emotional turmoil are occasional pangs of longing and regret when he clutches his empty wineskin as if, by some miracle, he will find it full once more. Between muttered curses at the sky, Moonpate talks longingly to his wineskin, hoping the fruhgen Schmoosh might somehow hear his pleadings from across the void between planes and take pity upon his mortal friend.


That rather handsome Pact Stone GM wrote:

. . . Meanwhile, Xerissa’s prudence to watch her behind has paid off. In the distance she spies a pair of men making their way for your position. They seem to be taking their time, perhaps studiously avoiding the mass burial mounds further to the northeast. As they get closer, you can see that they appear to be unarmed, perhaps labourers or slaves. They are taking turns rolling a large barrel, not unlike the water barrel that the Scarab drank from earlier.

At their current pace, they should arrive in approximately five minutes.

-

Let's make that three minutes. . .


Looks like Mr. Monotony may not have reception after all. Perhaps I can step in. . .

Halstadt Morgrym wrote:
"Donkor what happened to you out there?

"I had an unfortunate run in with an old 'colleague' of mine named Sceptre, an assassin who was, if you can believe it, on the hunt for Hurgah and Professor Hoffenburrow. I don't know why."

"He's still out there having co-opted a couple of those Asmodean monks to his cause and they may well be the reason why the Ambush team hasn't shown. Believe me, things just got even more complicated."

Halstadt Morgrym wrote:
". . . And how did you find Xerissa or how did she find you?"

"Xerissa found me, thanks to some timely scrying provided by our Venture Captain--glad he finally decided to help out! She's a Pathfinder agent, so hopefully she knows what she's doing."

"How did you find the Scarab? Is she the agent on the inside Krenshar promised us?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 8

Prior to the water-boys appearance.

"How did you get away from the assassin? Yes Scarab is the agent we were looking for. I recognized her from the visions Angradd sent to me".

"Can you go through the plan for us entering the pyramid again? We are to be part of some entourage?"

In response to the water-boys appearance.

"Donkor anything you can do about these people approaching our position? Unfortunately I dont speak Osiriani so a few of the spells I so cleverly prayed for will not work on the locals."


Male Halfling Bard (Archivist) 6 / Pathfinder Delver 2

Gandel watches the water-bearers approach, realizing that his team's plans will all be for naught if their deception is discovered by the slaves. Unable to think of any other options, the halfling scholar whispers the words to a minor spell and points toward each of the approaching men as soon as they are within range. Cast Message cantrip targeted on the two approaching water-bearers.

"This is the Sand Sage!" Gandel whispers in Osiriani using his most authoritative tone, his voice reaching the slaves' ears from the seemingly empty dunes. "The guards at that post have angered the Exemplar. As punishment they are not to receive their water ration today. Return to the encampment at once!"

Bluff check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Male Dwarf Cleric 8

OMG Gandel that was brilliant! Hope it works.


Male Human Cleric/8

Sorry for delays folks, my reception at the lake is much more spotty than I expected it to be. Just wandered home to catch up on some work today.

Sadly, I have no spells that will allow me to determine the whereabouts of the rest of our group.

As an actor and Osirion native, Sooron can and will dress up as a guard and do the disguise thing to make things a little more realistic. He would have went to the barrel-bearers to try and intercept them, but Gandel's plan is much more awesome!

The assassin captured me and buried me in the sand next to some hungry ants, wanting me to die a horrible death for some reason after I wouldn't talk to him about Hurgah. Unfortunately I had to blow my last hero point to escape the trap, casting Righteous Might above my level to explode my way out of the sand.

Very shortly after I spent my hero point, or benevolent GM opted to bring in our new player to come to my assistance. Enter Xerissa, who along with the Venture Captain has been scrying the dig site for a while and formulated a plan. Xerissa is the daughter of an old colleague of mine, part of the group with which I delved "Entombed with the Pharaohs".

My understanding is that Khymrasa has thus far sent in 2 delegations to the pyramid, and nobody came out from either of them. She's assembling another team right now to go in earlyish today, made up of slaves. The plan that Xerissa and the Venture Captain worked out was for us to go replace them, I think Xerissa has some magic to help with the disguise. We need to get to the tent where the slaves are assembling, take over the role, and wander into the pyramid with Khymrasa's blessing.

If I got anything wrong or missed anything important, may Xerissa or the beetle please step in and add or correct anything.

I'm only home for a few hours, but think I found a spot in the campsite with better internet so hopefully will be able to return to regular postings.


Gandel wrote:

Gandel watches the water-bearers approach, realizing that his team's plans will all be for naught if their deception is discovered by the slaves. Unable to think of any other options, the halfling scholar whispers the words to a minor spell and points toward each of the approaching men as soon as they are within range. Cast Message cantrip targeted on the two approaching water-bearers.

"This is the Sand Sage!" Gandel whispers in Osiriani using his most authoritative tone, his voice reaching the slaves' ears from the seemingly empty dunes. "The guards at that post have angered the Exemplar. As punishment they are not to receive their water ration today. Return to the encampment at once!"

-

A slight alteration is, unless Gandel wants them to come within 170 feet, the range of message he'll need to slip out and creep north to intercept them earlier. However, with his Stealth score, this is quite simple for him. I'll speed things up with an off-screen roll to take care of that.

I'd give Gandel a +4 bonus for authenticity. Using magic to simulate the Sand Sage (whom he now knows by name) is a nice touch. Something that capricious really does sound like something Khymrasa might do. Though between you and I, Gandel's roll generated an auto success even before the modifiers.

Let's see if I can try this new dice tag thing anyways:

Sense Motive for Osiriani slave: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19 (Way to waste a 20!)

-----
The two slaves make a u-turn with their barrel and head back towards the slave encampment to the northwest, muttering amongst themselves. One doubts that the guards will survive the day without water, while another questions what they did to deserve such a fate. It is a terrible thing for a man to die of thirst.

OOC: I'd say at this point Gandel's gotten more mileage out of the message cantrip than pretty much anyone else I know. It's really gone up my list of spells to pick for level 0.


Donkor Sooron wrote:
If I got anything wrong or missed anything important, may Xerissa or the beetle please step in and add or correct anything.

-

Nope - that sounds like a pretty solid recap. The only thing I would think of is the rather miraculous appearance of Bunky, but I don't think Donkor or Xerissa can really explain that one.

(Donkor's escape was a pretty cool scene - I'll have to post it at some point.)


OK ambush/jog team. . .

Just as we start to close in on the three hour mark, the dig site is finally in sight. Following instructions, Hurgah, Moonpate and Karek have circled around widely and are approaching the southeast guard post.

What happens now? Are they seriously going to just jog right in? But do they have any other options? Hopefully the others have created a really wide open door.


Male Human Cleric/8

Oh yeah, forgot about the Bunky reappearance! Yes, I officially have no explanation for that. When I awoke in my sand-hole, Bunky was there eyeing the ants and, I think, getting set to defend me!


”He’s a Long Way from Kalsgard”

Tired as he is, Karek’s speech is even less comprehensible than it normal. Instead, he makes a cutting motion with his hand, calling for Moonpate and Hurgah to stop their march, pulling up short behind a large sandy dune.

Without skipping a beat, Karek begins yanking off his armor, a long and arduous process. It is also odorous. Suddenly the recent lack of a desert wind does not look like such a plus.

As soon as he finishes, he uses a massive coil of silk rope to roll up the individual pieces and does his best to create a quieter padded bundle. He then wraps it in his explorer’s outfit and then stuffs the huge ball into a bulging brown sack which he slings over his shoulder. It brings back memories of Hurgah’s red ‘santa sack’ which once held the Dune Squad’s arsenal a few days back. Karek then slips into the desert outfit he borrowed from the Pathfinder’s equipment station at the Kothi, which gives him a modicum of camouflage. He cuts a strip from it to make himself a bandana to tie back his wild hair which seems to be growing like the roots of some monstrous plant from the Darklands.

Still exhausted, the dwarf then climbs to the top of the dune on his belly and does his best to study the patrols guarding the dig site, peering from side to side with a shiny new pair of glasses. He sees the camel riders and the palanquin golem, but unlike Breach, he does not have the luxury of time to study their patterns more fully.

He picks a moment which looks like it might pass as an opening and says, “Okady – ve do! Gut evyboty de real quide-lide.”
-----
Barring any further input from our ambush team, I’ll be making Stealth checks for their attempted entrance. The classic, take off your armor and carry it doesn’t exactly work as it just ups the encumbrance, but it does prevent Karek from being a glittering beacon of reflective light. Although there isn’t a single actual rank of Stealth between the three of them, Hurgah, Moonpate and Karek all have positive Dexterity scores, so they might not be truly terrible.

What could go wrong?


Female Elf Druid 5 (desert)/Rogue 3 (spy)

Do I see our boyz comin in? If I do I'll flash them our secret gang sign so they know the guards are us. Also, what i could do if you guys want is slip off somewhere else and set off a big fiery smoky bomb to attract attention elsewhere. But I could see that going bad if it ratchets up the level of alarm.


Xerissa is able to spot two of the three of them coming in - unless she has been told to look for three, she probably doesn't even know there is a third. The two she sees are pouring over the dunes like ants, but they are large burly men and they will not be hard to spot for someone keeping a sharp eye. There is no sign that either of the camel riders has spotted them yet though.

Donkor has replaced the Scarab at the other end of the mass Weekend at Bernie's guard set up, having borrowed a set of clothes from an unconscious guardsman - we'll say he's stashed his armor and morning star with Halstadt in the dune valley for safe keeping.

Let me know if Xerissa is going to separate off and set off her bomb - If she does, I'll need to know some details as to where - there is a map of the dig site found in the campaign info tab.


GM PC: Karek Kogan wrote:
Barring any further input from our ambush team, I’ll be making Stealth checks for their attempted entrance. The classic, take off your armor and carry it doesn’t exactly work as it just ups the encumbrance, but it does prevent Karek from being a glittering beacon of reflective light. Although there isn’t a single actual rank of Stealth between the three of them, Hurgah, Moonpate and Karek all have positive Dexterity scores, so they might not be truly terrible. ...

-

Actually, I forgot to take into account that Karek is fatigued. He's a net zero.

That is so like a GM PC, always trying to shave their penalties and blaming their faulty memories. I'm not buying it.


Male Halfling Bard (Archivist) 6 / Pathfinder Delver 2

Gandel also uses the Wand of Endure Elements on each of the unconscious guards, since we're keeping them knocked out and they're not able to drink any water. Be a shame to work so hard not to kill them in battle, only to let them die of exposure.


Male Half-orc Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 / Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Sorry for the delay. Things have been a bit hectic the past few days. One of my wife's friends just left her boyfriend and is now living with us. We spent the entire day moving her stuff. I'll post as soon as possible.


Gandel wrote:
Gandel also uses the Wand of Endure Elements on each of the unconscious guards, since we're keeping them knocked out and they're not able to drink any water. Be a shame to work so hard not to kill them in battle, only to let them die of exposure.

-

Well you've certainly fulfilled your quota for adopt-an-Osirion day. While unconscious due to Breach's periodic thumping sessions, this will shield them from the merciless power of the sun - definitely a good deed.

That's four more charges on the Belleson wand. Have you been tracking that by chance? The Dune Squad has been doing a good job of putting that thing to use.


Hurgah the Reaver wrote:
Sorry for the delay. Things have been a bit hectic the past few days. One of my wife's friends just left her boyfriend and is now living with us. We spent the entire day moving her stuff. I'll post as soon as possible.

-

Admit it: you're just trying to up Gandel in the good deeds quotient.

Who stole my grizzled Dune Squad and replaced them with a well-mannered Boy Scout troop?


Male Halfling Bard (Archivist) 6 / Pathfinder Delver 2
Pact Stone GM wrote:
That's four more charges on the Belleson wand. Have you been tracking that by chance? The Dune Squad has been doing a good job of putting that thing to use.

I have, but for some reason I had it in my head that there were six guards - I'll need to add two charges back onto the wand.


Gandel wrote:
I have, but for some reason I had it in my head that there were six guards - I'll need to add two charges back onto the wand.

-

Ah! There are indeed six guards. I read your post to be that you wanted to cast endure elements on the guards that were unconscious. There are four guards propped up on spears, which Breach is keeping unconscious with the judicious application of nonlethal damage. There are two more which are just tied up and lying in a dune valley next to Halstadt, the Scarab and yourself.

Once you add Donkor and Xerissa alongside the four unconscious guards propped up on spears, it looks like there are still six guards manning their post. If the last two were also up on spears it would make eight, so I understood two of them to be stashed away.

If you'd like to extend the courtesy of an endure elements to the other two guards, by all means. It will certainly make them more comfortable. Though like you say, since they are conscious you could also just give them some water. Hardy Osirions, they won't burn too badly in a day, especially lying down on the job as they are.


Male Halfling Bard (Archivist) 6 / Pathfinder Delver 2

We'll give water to the two conscious guards.

We could also have Donkor refill the water drum with Create Water.

Here's another question for the team to consider. Once our entire group reunites, what are we going to do with these guards?


“Reunification or Bust!”

Out of options, Karek, Moonpate and Hurgah head straight for the guard post, keeping low and in-between the dunes as far as possible. If Halstadt was on top of things as his message indicated he intended, the problem of the guard post was already dealt with. If not, if something had gone wrong, no doubt the three of them would be able to handle it—six guards was nothing to sneeze at, even in their exhausted condition. But if they attracted attention and went with another round against Khymrasa’s army, they would never be able to get inside. Worse, this time Moonpate hadn’t prepared any spells for an arcane escape. This was a one-way gambit. They were getting in the camp or in the grave.

Time to roll Stealth and Perception. . .


Wait!

I almost forgot - Xerissa, are you going with that side-plan to set off a fiery explosion?


Female Elf Druid 5 (desert)/Rogue 3 (spy)

Nope. Hold the fiery explosion for another time. It sounds like we are letting this one ride on the dice.

Though if you are rolling it will we get to see it?


You can’t see it on my beetle-poker face, but I am wounded by your insinuation. Here we go!

Best Perception score versus worst Stealth:

Camel patrol #1 (closest patrol) Perception check modified by distance: 1d20 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 1 - 4 = -4

Karek Kogan’s Stealth check (lowest score): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

Khymrasa needs to hire better guards, it would seem. A well-lathered dwarf, a bitter wizard and a slightly bored ‘orc-thing’ crawl into camp. Their mood is foul but the Dune Squad is now at last made whole (for the second time). It’s quite a big roster. Perhaps it is time to get busy on splitting up the party.

So! What now guys? Gandel hydrates the two bound guards and Donkor refills the water barrel. You know it is a short walk, 10-20 minutes by Stealth to reach the slave encampment. Xerissa believes that is where the tent which holds the 'volunteers' for the next foray into Ahn'Sehlota is. The sun is climbing higher in the sky, hopefully they have not left already.

P.S. A small ball of teeth and fur jumps off of Donkor and practically bullrushes Karek.


Male Dwarf Cleric 8

"Angradd be praised you have made it". Hal rushes over and channels positive energy into hi companions to soothe their weariness and heal their wounds.

Channel Energy 4d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 4, 2) = 16

"On the next sequence of rotations if not sooner we should move in time is wasting".


Male Human Wizard Level 8 - Conjurer
Pact Stone GM wrote:

Their mood is foul but the Dune Squad is now at last made whole (for the second time). It’s quite a big roster. Perhaps it is time to get busy on splitting up the party.

Amazing! Back together again, and in one piece to boot. For awhile, I thought that we weren't going to make it.


Male Dwarf Fighter 5/Rogue(Trapsmith) 2
stats:
Hp's: 77; AC 23, T: 12, FF: 18; Perc. +12; Fort: +9; Ref: +8, Will: +7

"'Bout time you fellas made it back. What kept ya? I was gettin' tired o' waitin'." He grins wryly. "Morgrym's right, let's move outta here as soon as possible. Although, conkin' these fellas on the head constantly has been a bit o' fun."


Upon hearing Donkor explain Krenshar's plan to substitute the Dune Squad for Khymrasa's next delegation into the pyramid she says:

"I like it - I should have thought of it. I guess the old man was one step ahead of me on this one."

"I see some problems though, and we'll have to solve them by the time we get there!"

"First, we still have no idea whatever happened to Professor Hoffenburrow. Xerissa, did Krenshar say anything about him? At this point, I say we have to go in without him. Halstadt or I can explain why on the way."

"Second, our recent attempt to disguise our group as a team of guards has revealed we have a pretty limited capacity for magical disguises. How are we going to get all of us to pass for Osirian slaves?" Although she doesn't mention any names, you can tell she is thinking of Hurgah, Moonpate and the dwarves in particular. With the exception of herself, Donkor and Xerissa, a successful disguise does seem rather unlikely."

"Third, do we know how many slaves we are supposed to replace? I can't imagine we'd be lucky enough that our number will match their number exactly. If we're too many we may have to jettison some of us in order to get in. If we're too few, what then?

The Scarab exhales. It's just one logistical nightmare after another.


Halstadt Morgrym wrote:
Hal rushes over and channels positive energy into his companions to soothe their weariness and heal their wounds.

-

In addition to restoring 16 points of damage Halstadt's maneuver also eliminates Karek's fatigue condition.


Gandel wrote:
Here's another question for the team to consider. Once our entire group reunites, what are we going to do with these guards?

-

Yeah.


Male Dwarf Fighter 5/Rogue(Trapsmith) 2
stats:
Hp's: 77; AC 23, T: 12, FF: 18; Perc. +12; Fort: +9; Ref: +8, Will: +7

Knock 'em out 1 more good time and then just leave 'em, I say. :)


Male Halfling Bard (Archivist) 6 / Pathfinder Delver 2

Yeah, that's the best I can think of as well.

Unfortunately that may not leave us much time before they're discovered by the roving patrols.


Breach Shattershield aka Javell wrote:
Knock 'em out 1 more good time and then just leave 'em, I say. :)

-

How about 4 damage rolls from Breach to see how long that gets you. I'll be interested in the lowest result. Make it 6 damage rolls if you want to include the two guards in the ditch that Donkor and Xerissa are impersonating. If you spear them up as well, there will still be six guards when you leave.

You can consider Breach's attacks a coup de grace and an automatic nonlethal critical hit. You may also throw on your Power Attack and sneak attack damage.


Karek bellows a hearty "Danks!" before remembering that he still needs to remain quiet.

It is not clear if his thanks is directed to Halstadt who has just repaired his cracking knees or to Donkor who has brought him Bunky, his lifelong friend.


Female Elf Druid 5 (desert)/Rogue 3 (spy)
Lydia of Sothis wrote:
"First, we still have no idea whatever happened to Professor Hoffenburrow. Xerissa, did Krenshar say anything about him? At this point, I say we have to go in without him. Halstadt or I can explain why on the way."

"No, I don't know anything about Hoffenburrow."

That's right, isn't it?


Female Elf Druid 5 (desert)/Rogue 3 (spy)
Lydia of Sothis wrote:
"Second, our recent attempt to disguise our group as a team of guards has revealed we have a pretty limited capacity for magical disguises. How are we going to get all of us to pass for Osirian slaves?" Although she doesn't mention any names, you can tell she is thinking of Hurgah, Moonpate and the dwarves in particular. With the exception of herself, Donkor and Xerissa, a successful disguise does seem rather unlikely.

"Do not worry young one. This one I have covered, courtesy of my Father. I will provide us with an illusionary disguise. Once I see the slaves we need to replace, I'll make us look just like them."

It's a one shot item. It's only for physical appearance though, so if you have a strange sounding voice or don't have a Bluff skill, you'll need to keep your trap shut and let others do the talking. Hopefully there won't be any talking, just a simple saunter into the pyramid. That's what the Beetle told me and I totally trust that guy.

3,601 to 3,650 of 6,763 << first < prev | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Pact Stone Pyramid All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.