Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Pact Stone Pyramid (Inactive)

Game Master Pact Stone GM

A Pathfinder Module, converted from 3.5 to the Pathfinder system, with a party of level 7.


3,551 to 3,600 of 6,763 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>

Halstadt Morgrym wrote:

Hal draws his axe and furiously pumps his legs charging across the dunes at the guard post. Identifying a guard with a small horn he targets the poor man for his attack. Using the flat of his axe he attempts to render the man unconscious.

Non lethal attack -4. Charge attack +2. Total modifier for the round +5.

Greataxe attack 1d20+5 (11 + 5 = 16)
Greataxe damage 1d12+3 (10 +3 = 13)

-

The heavy axe comes down on the man like a pile of bricks and he crumples to the ground instantly. From the force of the blow, half his body is pressed into the sand while his spear rolls free across the sand.

OOC: Hal knocks the unarmored, flat-footed guard unconscious. There are now only 5 remaining, one of which is subject to a daze, which takes us back to our Olympian.


Male Dwarf Fighter 5/Rogue(Trapsmith) 2
stats:
Hp's: 77; AC 23, T: 12, FF: 18; Perc. +12; Fort: +9; Ref: +8, Will: +7

:)

Breach is right behind Halstadt as he himself charges one of the others.

+1 Cold Iron Waraxe: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 - 4 = 11
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

+2 charge; -4 non-lethal

AC 14


Breach rushes over top of a second guard, like a stampeding mastodon. The guard drops to the ground, face-first, doing his best impression of a rag doll.

-----
OOC: It shouldn't, but an 11 actually hits. These guys could use some armor.

Technically, Breach also gets to apply his sneak attack damage, as his target is flat-footed. However, it is unnecessary as 10 damage will already take care of it.

I'm not sure what the AC 14 is in reference to though. Even with the charge it should be better than that.

If Gandel wants to act this round before the guards, he can still do so. He remains in the perfect position in terms of optimizing the silence spell already though. There are four guards left, one of which is temporarily out of commission.


Male Human Cleric/8

Assuming we are completely out of any reasonable sight of other guard-posts or people around here, Sooron will start running toward the battle. If our position will put us where we could likely be seen from other areas, he will continue to sneak forward.


Female Elf Druid 5 (desert)/Rogue 3 (spy)

.....And assuming Donkor tells me what's going on, I will follow him - aw, I'll probably follow him anyways.

Initiative roll - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Human Cleric/8

Just assumed you would always follow me Xer. Didn't realize we'd need initiative from this far away, but here goes:

Initiative: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6


Male Dwarf Fighter 5/Rogue(Trapsmith) 2
stats:
Hp's: 77; AC 23, T: 12, FF: 18; Perc. +12; Fort: +9; Ref: +8, Will: +7

I was including my shield and dexterity, minus the charge. But no armor since we aren't wearing any. I do have this right, don't I? Or no?


Xerissa and Donkor are both very picture of etiquette. They each rolled initiative scores which require zero retconning for Round 1.

Easy Pickin’s in the South

Initiative Tracker

Round 1

Gandal Trapspringer: 17+

The Mithral Scarab: 17-

Halstadt Morgrym: 13

Breach Shattershield: 10

Osiriani Guardsmen: 7

Donkor Sooron 6

Xerissa Auraraun 5


Donkor Sooron wrote:
Assuming we are completely out of any reasonable sight of other guard-posts or people around here, Sooron will start running toward the battle. If our position will put us where we could likely be seen from other areas, he will continue to sneak forward.

-

It's the later. If Donkor and Xerissa start blitzing openly across the plain there's a significant chance they'll be spotted by one of the two groups of riders - or even the palanquin golem brigade, though that group of soldiers is, for the moment, quite far away.


Breach Shattershield aka Javell wrote:
I was including my shield and dexterity, minus the charge. But no armor since we aren't wearing any. I do have this right, don't I? Or no?

-

Only if you want it to be. After the infiltration Team exited the camp and started crawling through the dunes, there was a post that indicated that now that you were all out of sight of the slaves there was an opportunity to put the armor back on, and I presumed the dwarves would jump at it. However, if you prefer to have Breach go unarmored (and avoid the associated armor check penalties) it's no problem. Feel free to elect.

But now I understand the 14 so we're all good - and I do appreciate mechanical updates like that - it saves me a lot of time and lets me know what my players are thinking.


Male Halfling Bard (Archivist) 6 / Pathfinder Delver 2

Gandel holds his action for the moment.


Male Dwarf Cleric 8

I know Mithril Scarab is next but I will post my action to save time.

Hal smiles grimly satisfied with their progress thus far. Angradd knows Hal does not want to hurt these men who are just doing what they are told, the real threat will come later.

Hal swings the flat of his axe again targeting a guard with a horn on his hip.

Greataxe attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 -4 for non-lethal already included.
Greataxe damage 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


The Osiriani guardsmen respond!

Silent shouts of both anger and panic erupt as a pair of dwarves suddenly explode amongst their ranks, dropping their members like flies.

Guardsman #1 takes no action held in place by daze

Guardsman #2 is unconscious having been battered by Hal.

Guardsman #3 takes a five-foot step south taking up a position on Hal's right (east) side and then delays (setting a potential flank).

Guardsman #4 takes a five-foot step south taking up a position on Hal's left (west) side and then attacks.

Guardsman #4 melee attack with spear, wielded two-handed, with flank, against Halstadt AC 17, (reduced to 15 due to charge): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12 (miss)

Potential damage by guardsman #4 against Halstadt from spear attack: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 (n/a)

Guardsman #3 comes off delay and makes a melee attack with spear, wielded two-handed, with flank, against Halstadt AC 17, (reduced to 15 due to charge):1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14 (miss)

Potential damage by guardsman #3 against Halstadt from spear attack: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 (n/a)

Guardsman #5 is unconscious having been battered by Breach.

Free action to shout an alarm, which automatically fails from the silence. Guardsman #6 melee attack with spear, wielded two-handed against Breach AC 23: (reduced to 21 due to charge): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 (miss)

Potential damage by guardsman #6 against Breach from spear attack: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 (n/a)
-----

One guard tries to raise his horn to his lips, but he cannot do so, enshrouded in the Scarab's befuddling cloud of linguistics. Had he succeeded he would have found his horn disabled by Gandel's Angraad-enchanted bolt.

One guard spins with his spear and attempts to skewer Halstadt but the dwarf skilfully bats the point aside using the angle of his buckler. It is an odd sensation: there should have been a reverberating 'clang'.

While Morgrym is distracted deflecting the spear at his front, a second guardsman slips in behind him. Wielding his spear as a crossbar, he slips it over the dwarf's head and prepares to choke him into submission. Halstadt though has spied his approach. The dwarf drops to his knees and escapes the trap before the human can complete the vice around his neck. Halstadt then pops back up, whirling his massive axe side-to-side to batter both men back and create an envelope of space within which he can maneuver.

A third soldier tries to shout a panicked warning, but no sound generates inside his mouth, which only serves to panic him further - what sorcery is this? Wild-eyed with panic, he swings the butt of his spear against the dwarf with the terrifying spiked shield. He brings the spear over his head with a downward slam, trying to generate as much leverage as possible. The spear crashes into Breach's shield, but the soldier simply bounces off of him and finds himself careening into a sandy dune behind him. By the time he manages to regain his footing, Shattershield is practically standing on top of him shield and axe at the ready.

There is no indication that anyone has notice Gandel standing amongst them, both silent and invisible. The halfling has left tiny tracks, but they have gone completely unnoticed in the confusion of battle.


In the meantime,Xerissa and Donkor slowly make their way towards the ambush site, keeping low and out of site. The magic of Xerissa's concoction enables them to silently flow over the dunes like water.
-----
A double move, at half speed for Stealth, let's them advance 30 feet. And that ends the round. (Unless Gandel chooses to pop back in, though it sounds like he's pretty content managing the lock-down on the sound).


Easy Pickin’s in the South

Initiative Tracker

- Round 2 -

Gandal Trapspringer: On delay

The Mithral Scarab: 17-

Halstadt Morgrym: 13

Breach Shattershield: 10

Four remaining Osiriani Guardsmen: 7

Donkor Sooron 6

Xerissa Auraraun 5


The Mithral Scarab suddenly forgets her promise to herself to keep back and out of the way. Seeing Hal outnumbered and flanked, she scrambles to her feet and rushes forward to aid. As she scrambles over the dunes, her invisible field of arcane energy extends outwards and blankets her allies.
-----
OOC: Move action to stand. Then move forward 2o feet to position herself at the edge of the combat so she can reach everyone with her protective ward ability. Gandel, Halstadt, and Breach receive a +1 deflection bonus to their AC.


Male Halfling Bard (Archivist) 6 / Pathfinder Delver 2

Invisible Gandel continues to delay until he sees what Breach and Hal do.


Male Dwarf Cleric 8

Hal's last posted action stands as he strikes one of the guards. Sorry I posted out of order.


Male Human Cleric/8

Will continue the novel action of being sneaky-sneaky.


Halstadt Morgrym wrote:
I know Mithril Scarab is next but I will post my action to save time.

-

Which is why you are awesome.

Halstadt Morgrym wrote:

Hal smiles grimly satisfied with their progress thus far. Angradd knows Hal does not want to hurt these men who are just doing what they are told, the real threat will come later.

Hal swings the flat of his axe again targeting a guard with a horn on his hip.

-

To reach the last remaining guard with a horn (guard #1) he needs to take a 5-foot step, which he has, and so he can do exactly that - and without drawing an attack of opportunity. It does though mean that he passes on the two guards that seem intent on skewering him with spears, but he's got his priorities.

The center shaft of Morgrym's two-headed axe connects squarely with the guard's temple. The soldier drops to the ground like a stone. Suddenly, in less than a span of a few seconds, only half the guards remain.
-----
OOC: Hal's attack roll of 19 is a hit and the damage roll of 10 knocks the target unconscious. Just a side note, you and I both have been forgetting that Hal also has a -1 penalty to his attack for wearing a buckler. It wouldn't have made a difference in this case but I would make that correction on Hal's character sheet so we stop forgetting (his generic axe attack should normally be +6 instead of +7). In my view, given that Hal is just as likely to be spellcasting in any given round of combat and the penalty would then only come into play approximately half the time, wearing the buckler for added defence is still a solid strategy.


Halstadt Morgrym wrote:
Hal's last posted action stands as he strikes one of the guards. Sorry I posted out of order.

-

No problem at all - helps keep things flowing.


Male Dwarf Cleric 8

I adjusted his modifier in the profile.


Male Dwarf Fighter 5/Rogue(Trapsmith) 2
stats:
Hp's: 77; AC 23, T: 12, FF: 18; Perc. +12; Fort: +9; Ref: +8, Will: +7

Breach grins at the grievous mistake the guard has just made and moves in for the knockout.

All damage non-lethal if any.

1st: +1 Cold Iron Waraxe: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 4 = 22
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

2nd: +1 Cold Iron Waraxe: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 4 = 14
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

OFFHAND: +1 Bashing Wooden shield: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 4 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Is it possible to switch my attacks on separate ones if I knock one out? That is, if I can actually reach another one.

I'm also not exactly sure if I can use a shield for non-lethal with spikes on it, so, if not then just disregard.


Breach Shattershield aka Javell wrote:
Is it possible to switch my attacks on separate ones if I knock one out? That is, if I can actually reach another one.

-

Yes, Breach can use a five-foot step at any point during his full attack. I haven't given you a map so, I've put you in a situation where you can only guess at what that will mean in this particular case, but the guards were all clumped up and they still are. If he drops the guard that attacked him, he can five-foot step to a second guard. He cannot though, reach a third this round.

Breach Shattershield aka Javell wrote:
I'm also not exactly sure if I can use a shield for non-lethal with spikes on it, so, if not then just disregard.

-

I'd say he could. It's a nifty shield of bashing. He can just flip it around and swat with it.


Breach Shattershield aka Javell wrote:
Breach grins at the grievous mistake the guard has just made and moves in for the knockout.

-

Breach clubs the guard with the flat of his axe as the soldier climbs to his feet. The guard falls back to the ground and briefly flails his arms, making a picturesque sand-angel before finally passing out.

At the last second Breach spins around just as another guard tries to jump on him from behind and drag him to the ground. The dwarf catches him with his shield and flips him over unceremoniously so he lands next to the first guard. Then he brings the shield down on the guard's head with a strange soundless blow, and it's lights out.

That leaves only one lone sentry.


The last guard looks around and sees all of his brethren have fallen. He immediately breaks out into a run, headed for the nearest patrol. He's waving his arms furiously trying to attract attention.
-----
The last guardsman takes the run action - about to move 120 feet straight south. However, he will draw attacks of opportunity from Halstadt and Gandel, assuming they wish to take them. Best hope you can snag him, cause otherwise he may prove tough to catch.


Male Halfling Bard (Archivist) 6 / Pathfinder Delver 2

Round Two:

Reacting quickly, Gandel unloops the scorpion whip around his waist and lashes it at the fleeing guardsman in an attempt to trip the man and draw him back to the group.

Free action to draw scorpion whip via Lightning Lasher trait. Standard action to make AoO to trip guardsman.

Scorpion Whip Attack to Trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 vs. guard's CMD. Note: Since the guard is running, he loses his Dex bonus (if any) to AC and CMD.
If Trip is successful, Gandel pulls the man back 5 ft closer to Gandel via Serpent Lash feat, plus an additional 5 ft for each 5 points by which Gandel's attack exceeds the guard's CMD if applicable.


No sooner does the guardsman sail by, when a whip suddenly appears from out of nowhere and materialises in a thick coil around his legs. The solider trips immediately, his legs snared by the whip, falling face-first into the sand. The air shimmers as the Gandel suddenly appears a half-dozen feet away, holding the handle of the whip. The tiny halfling Pathfinder hauls on the whip, skilfully dragging the much larger guard back to the dune where he and Halstadt are standing at the ready.
-----
OOC: It took me some study to figure out why Gandel wanted to come off delay and use his action instead of taking an attack of opportunity. I figured if he used his attack of opportunity he could trip his opponent and then come off delay and bonk him on the head. If I have it right, the answer is that Gandel does not have the Improved Trip feat and if he tries to trip his foe while he’s adjacent he’ll draw an attack of opportunity himself. This way, he remains invisible and let’s the guard pass (say 10 feet away) and then trips him by coming off delay, which won’t draw an attack of opportunity.

The guard’s CMD turns out to be 13 (as it happens, he had no Dex bonus to lose). That gets Gandel a full 10 feet of pull so he can afford to let him run by and then drag him all the way back.

It looks like though it will fall to Halstad to do the bonking then, which he can still do with his attack of opportunity. Assuming he is interested, he gets an additional +4 for hitting an adjacent prone target with a melee weapon – that will cancel out the -4 penalty for a non-lethal attack.


Male Human Writer 2/Dreamer 7
Pact Stone GM wrote:


-----
OOC: It took me some study to figure out why Gandel wanted to come off delay and use his action instead of taking an attack of opportunity. I figured if he used his attack of opportunity he could trip his opponent and then come off delay and bonk him on the head. If I have it right, the answer is that Gandel does not have the Improved Trip feat and if he tries to trip his foe while he’s adjacent he’ll draw an attack of opportunity himself. This way, he remains invisible and let’s the guard pass (say 10 feet away) and then trips him by coming off delay, which won’t draw an attack of opportunity.

..or it could just be the fact that Gandel was not wielding a melee weapon at the time and thus didn't threaten and couldn't make AoOs?


Male Dwarf Cleric 8

Halstadt's face is a mask of panic as he watches the human turn tail and run. Caught within his own zone of silence he will not be able to even cast a spell which could impede the soldier nor are his short legs nearly fast enough to catch the human. When Gandel materializes out of thin air and snatches him back with his whip Hal breathes a big silent sigh of relief and pounces on the remaining foe.

Greataxe attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 ...and bust! Hal was rolling too well for too long for that not to happen.
Greataxe damage 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


In that case we go to Donkor and Xerissa who creep forward another 30 feet. And then. . .


Easy Pickin’s in the South

Initiative Tracker

- Round 3 -

The Mithral Scarab: 17-

Halstadt Morgrym: 13

Breach Shattershield: 10

*1* remaining Osiriani Guardsmen: 7

Gandal Trapspringer: 7-

Donkor Sooron 6

Xerissa Auraraun 5


Forgetting the cloud of magical silence, the Scarab tries to shout a warning, urging everyone to hurry, but the words are squelched in her throat.
-----
The Mithral Scarab delays, but if necessary she will go before the guardsman.

Halstadt gets another shot - then it falls to Breach. (Breach would need to use a move action to arrive and so he would only get a single attack, though he would be able to flank and apply his sneak attack damage.) The soldier is still prone.


Male Dwarf Cleric 8

Hal swings the flat of his axe down again pleading with the man silently - as there is no sound coming from his mouth - to stay down before he gets hurt.

Greataxe attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Greataxe damage 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Ta da!

Believe it or not, that will just actually do it – he’d have to work to pull it any closer. Hal might want to clonk him again, just for good measure. He looks like he'll be roused in about a minute.

That will take us out of combat, be it ever so brief, and end the need to track initiative. In another handful of seconds, the sound will return, sooner if Gandel launches the crossbow bolt away from you.

It won't be long until one of the riding patrols swings by in your general direction. Shortly thereafter the palanquin golem brigade will pass by as well.

Xerissa and Donkor will slide in, hopefully before then, and join the Infiltration team, but the Ambush team is nowhere to be seen.

Er, now what?


JaceDK wrote:
..or it could just be the fact that Gandel was not wielding a melee weapon at the time and thus didn't threaten and couldn't make AoOs?

-

It certainly could, but then I would just look foolish, so I discount that entirely.


Male Dwarf Cleric 8

Hal bonks the soldier on the head once more for good measure. He gestures to get Gandel's attention and tries to signal him to fire the arrow away.


Male Halfling Bard (Archivist) 6 / Pathfinder Delver 2

Heeding Hal's gesticulations, Gandel fires the enspelled crossbow bolt into the distance.

"So, Breach? How long until one of those riding patrols swings by here?" Gandel asks, glancing about nervously as he loads another bolt into his crossbow.


OOC: Breach can't know for sure because the patrols are not following much of a pattern. However, he timed the attack for when they both swerved away, so he thinks you have at least a minute. Though you could get lucky and it could be longer. You've got between 7-10 minutes before the palanquin golem and crew swing nearby.


The Scarab looks at the guards softly moaning as they lie crumpled in the dirt. "Uh, I don't suppose anyone has anything to tie these guys up?"

The Scarab walks around and collects their six spears. Five of them she stashes behind a dune, out of sight. The last one she keeps for herself as she walks atop one of the dunes. She plants the spear and does her best imitation of a guardsman.

"I think our new problem is at some point the other patrols are going to take a look and expect to see six guards standing by this water barrel. . ."


Male Halfling Bard (Archivist) 6 / Pathfinder Delver 2
Lydia of Sothis wrote:
The Scarab looks at the guards softly moaning as they lie crumpled in the dirt. "Uh, I don't suppose anyone has anything to tie these guys up?"

"I've got some rope," Gandel replies, reaching into his magical haversack to retrieve a coiled length of fine silk rope. The halfling busies himself tying each of the guardsmen securely.

Lydia of Sothis wrote:
"I think our new problem is at some point the other patrols are going to take a look and expect to see six guards standing by this water barrel. . ."

"You make a good point," Gandel replies to 'Lydia's' observation. "Maybe we could prop them up with their spears?" he offers weakly.


Female Elf Druid 5 (desert)/Rogue 3 (spy)

I think Donkor and I are getting pretty close (yes?), if we can slip in soon I might be able to help with this. Xerissa has a hat of disguise so she can pose as one guard. She could then maybe use her hand of the mage to move the arms and legs of one of the guards Gandel trusses up like a scarecrow. Nobodies got an illusion spell like silent image?


Male Dwarf Cleric 8

"Yes propping them up on spears was what I was thinking too Gandel. The blunt ends of course. Hopefully our allies will arrive soon and we won't have to worry about it but somehow I doubt this will be the case". Hal has a look of concern on his face as he looks out to see signs of anyone coming.

Nope Xerissa, one thing we are sorely lacking is an illusionist. :-( Then again we weren't supposed to sneak into the site - initially we were supposed to have a cover to get in!


Gandel wrote:
"I've got some rope,"[/b] Gandel replies, reaching into his magical haversack to retrieve a coiled length of fine silk rope. The halfling busies himself tying each of the guardsmen securely.

-

OOC: Gandel's tying is coming along nicely, two down and four to go. I'd recommend finishing Hal's target's first, with his die roll luck they keep threatening to wake up. (Just kidding)

Just to be overly technical, I will assume Gandel also intends to gag the guards, perhaps with shreds from someone's non-magical cloak, otherwise your scarecrows on spears are going to sing.

Anybody else miss the old 3.5 Rope Use skill? I would have thought it would have folded into Survival, Profession (Sailor) or even use Escape Artist. It appears though that it is now just CMB +20 to generate an Escape DC, so one's ability to tie knots is reflective of your speed, strength, combat ability and size. I grudgingly concede Rope Use probably didn't come up enough to merit a separate skill entry and this is nice and simple abstract. I'm such a grognard.


Xerissa Auraraun wrote:
I think Donkor and I are getting pretty close (yes?), if we can slip in soon I might be able to help with this. Xerissa has a hat of disguise so she can pose as one guard. She could then maybe use her hand of the mage to move the arms and legs of one of the guards Gandel trusses up like a scarecrow. Nobodies got an illusion spell like silent image?

-

Yes, Donkor and Xerisa will arrive momentarily. I'm just behind on a post for this. I am curious to see whether they will be spotted by the infiltration team coming in or not. It doesn't really matter, but it will be fun.


Just for fun. . .

Perception Rolls:

Halstadt Morgrym: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Gandel Trapspringer: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Breach Shattershield: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Mithral Scarab: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Stealth Rolls:

Xerissa Auraraun: 1d20 + 1 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 10 = 27
Donkor Sooron: 1d20 - 2 + 10 ⇒ (6) - 2 + 10 = 14

So it looks like everyone spots and recognizes their colleague Donkor as he closes the gap, even aided by the magical elixir, but Xerissa can slip right past them into the camp!

And so 2/3rds of the Dune Squad is now reunited. I wonder how those other guys are making out. . .


Male Dwarf Cleric 8

Sorry for the aside but I agree Beetle I love the Use Rope skill! My PC's made a poor roll to tie someone up early on in my current campaign and he escaped as a result. Certainly they argued that they would have re-tied the know had they known their roll was so poor but I ruled that they thought the knot was just fine based on their score. Ah the ambush that ensued afterwards was spectacular.

Hal waves to Donkor, "Tell me you spotted the Potentate, Hurgah and Karek on your way in".


Female Elf Druid 5 (desert)/Rogue 3 (spy)
Pact Stone GM wrote:
So it looks like everyone spots and recognizes their colleague Donkor as he closes the gap, even aided by the magical elixir, but Xerissa can slip right past them into the camp!

Coolness, but I think Xerissa had best just suddenly appear, along side Donkor.

She'll introduce herself and stuff and say hello for Krenshar. Xerissa is delivering a gifts from him for everyone, which she's supposed to distribute, but it might have to wait a bit. I assume Lydia and any other Pathfinders would already know her so, and so she'll greet them as well. But she won't spend long doing that, she'll pick up one of the spears Lydia stashed and take up a post by her, using her magical hat to take on the appearance of one of the conked out guards, now standing as an alert sentry.


Xerissa Auraraun wrote:


She'll introduce herself and stuff and say hello for Krenshar. Xerissa is delivering a gifts from him for everyone, which she's supposed to distribute, but it might have to wait a bit. I assume Lydia and any other Pathfinders would already know her so, and so she'll greet them as well. But she won't spend long doing that, she'll pick up one of the spears Lydia stashed and take up a post by her, using her magical hat to take on the appearance of one of the conked out guards, now standing as an alert sentry.

-

Actually, the Scarab would not necessarily know Xerissa - the Pathfinders are pretty huge for a semi-secret organization. Nor would Gandel (the only other surviving Pathfinder on the Dune Squad). Though all three certainly know Venture Captain Krenshar. I'll do a post for you later on the items Xerissa has from Krenshar, but like you say, she'll need time to actually give them out.

If Gandel is going to look after propping up the guards, how about a Disable Device or Craft (traps) to simulate his success at this? Alternatively Breach, who is fairly handy at such conniving things could attempt it or perhaps aid him. I'll give you a +4 circumstance bonus with Xerissa moving their limbs telekinetically with her hand of the mage.


It turns out someone prepared disguise self this morning, but sadly not the more useful silent image.
-----
Seeing Xerissa's transformation into a Osirian guardsman, the Scarab quickly casts a spell, duplicating the sudden new arrival's idea. A quick shimmer flows over her form as she transforms into a second bare-chested spearman, diligently holding watch.

She gives 'Xerissa the guardsman' a curt dutiful nod of acknowledgement and then turns to stare out into desert expanse, keeping tabs on the nearest camel patrol.

That's 2 fake guards, how are the other 4 coming along?

3,551 to 3,600 of 6,763 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Pact Stone Pyramid All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.