Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Pact Stone Pyramid (Inactive)

Game Master Pact Stone GM

A Pathfinder Module, converted from 3.5 to the Pathfinder system, with a party of level 7.


2,501 to 2,550 of 6,763 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Bard (Archivist) 6 / Pathfinder Delver 2

For Pact Stone GM:
How far away are we from the Kurgentate?

For the Infiltration Team:
"Breach! Do you see that?" Gandel hisses sharply to the dwarf warrior. "There's something between the golem and the others. Could it be a trap or an ambush?" the halfling scholar asks, pointing to the "thing" barely visible between the golem and the small party of Karek, Hurgah, and Moonpate. "It looks like they're headed straight for it!"


For Gandel:

The Kurgentate is really far - thousands of feet - travel distance would be measured in minutes, not rounds. They are dots in the distance spotted by Gandel's apparently hawk-like eyesight.


Infiltration Team:

Breach narrows strains his eyes, staring into the distance while he lies on his belly, keeping as low as possible. He switches his eye patch to his other eye and then tries again. Next, he lowers his goggles back over his eyes and adjusts the strange curved lens. Then he takes them off again.

He shakes his head, “No, I just see the golem. I don’t like the sound ‘o that Gandel. We’re supposed to have the element of surprise here – not them. Stay sharp everyone.”

It is unclear whether veteran dwarf is upset that the plan is showing signs of degrading early, or simply that the halfling is a superior scout.


Male Human Cleric/8

I guess I'd kind of been waiting to see if everyone was alright with me hanging back and not giving away the surprise. I think that is the best plan, at least some of us will get through. Donkor will attempt to sneak on backward, find a place to hole up, and attempt to message someone after dark to see how things are going. He will keep an eye out as much as possible on everything else going on though, and help out if needed and able.


Male Halfling Bard (Archivist) 6 / Pathfinder Delver 2

For Pact Stone GM:
Would it be possible to use a hero point to boost a Message spell into a Whispering Wind spell to warn the Kurgentate of the potential ambush?


Response to Gandel:

Yes, I think that’s fairly in the boundaries of a hero point. Very clever Max. I hadn’t anticipated that. Assuming that’s what you want Gandel to do - go ahead and post – no spoiler tag required. Just remember there is a 25 word max on the spell – should be plenty.


Donkor Sooron wrote:
I guess I'd kind of been waiting to see if everyone was alright with me hanging back and not giving away the surprise. I think that is the best plan, at least some of us will get through. Donkor will attempt to sneak on backward, find a place to hole up, and attempt to message someone after dark to see how things are going. He will keep an eye out as much as possible on everything else going on though, and help out if needed and able.

----------

Well Donkor does have the capacity to become a magical communications machine as of midnight tonight when he gets a new wave of spell selection. Hopefully he can survive until then. The infiltration team will have to be mindful though that Donkor was the only one who really knows what the Scarab actually looks like. Halstadt however, has the image from his vision from Angraad, so that might work as a substitute.

If you’d like Breach can stay back as a guard, but otherwise I’ll have him continue advancing forward with Hal and Gandel.

Does Donkor want to go anywhere specific? The unused rendezvous site is not too far behind him, away from the setting sun and away from the dig site. Donkor remembers seeing the initials D.S. when he viewed it from above – maybe it stands for Donkor Sooron as opposed to Dune Squad. Karek though, warned him against it, suggesting it must be a Thalia-designed trap.

Somewhere around here, there should be a large rock within a field of small boulders that hides a cavern underneath it, sculpted by Moonpate’s earth elementals. It should be more to the south though. It is possible the Kurgentate intends to make their way there after they have caused the distraction. Donkor has never seen this rock but he was told about it by Moonpate.

Sooron could also, just find one of many dune-valleys and crouch down in the middle of nowhere. It’s not like there’s a splicer beast out there any more – right?


Male Halfling Bard (Archivist) 6 / Pathfinder Delver 2

Far away from Karek, Hurgah, and Moonpate, Gandel frets as he spies his friends walking into a trap. "What can I do? I have to warn them somehow!" he thinks to himself. "Maybe... Just maybe..."

"Blessed Cayden, grant Your favor to fools and drunks!" Gandel offers a fervent, silent prayer as he begins to cast his usual Message spell, pointing towards his friends and hoping against hope that it may somehow reach his companions even though they are much farther away than the limited range of the cantrip. Whether by the whimsy of some passing, invisible air elemental or the divine favor of the God of Adventurers Himself, Gandel's Message is taken up by the very wind to fly unerringly to his distant friends.

Far in the distance, the halfling scholar's voice suddenly emanates airily from Moonpate's beer stein. "Guys! I saw a head poking up from the dunes between you and the golem. You're walking into an ambush!"

Using Gandel's mapmaking hero point to boost a Message spell into a Whispering Wind spell.


With 5 words to spare!

150 . . .

125 . . .


Male Human Wizard Level 8 - Conjurer
Gandel wrote:


Far in the distance, the halfling scholar's voice suddenly emanates airily from Moonpate's beer stein. "Guys! I saw a head poking up from the dunes between you and the golem. You're walking into an ambush!"

To the Hit Squad: "Stop! Did you hear that? 'Ware ahead. Master Gandel says there are enemies hidden between us and the golem. I'll summon a lordly air elemental on top of their vile heads and turn this to our advantage. Be ready!

Moon will step to the side so that we are three abreast and cast Summon Monster IV, calling forth a medium Air Elemental with augment summoning and Genie Caller for 12 rounds of swirling hurt; relying on the Protection From Arrows spell to ward him should the guards start shooting. I'll place the elemental half way between us and the golem, so hopefully it will spot and attack the ambushers. Hurgah and Karek, of course, have a chance to interject with advice if they disagree with the Potentate's plan of action.


Male Dwarf Barbarian (Breaker) 8

Karek steadies his arm with grim resolve as he flexes his hammer. Looks like we hab combany. We moob. He pauses to shield Moonpate while he casts his spell, then prepares to continue walking once the Elemental strikes.


Male Human Cleric/8

Donkor will assess his options, realize that going to the rendezvous point is probably not the safest choice, and then proceed there anyway. Damned curiosity! He will do his best to sneak off over that way, and suss out the situation.


Anal retentive tidbit ----> I think Phrip meant Summoner’s Charm and genie caller to get to 12 rounds. He also has the Augment summoning feat, which is awesome, but it does not increase the spell duration – it just gives you a tougher beastie.

I love it when Moonpate gets all ‘I’m a bad-a$$ wizard’.

Moonpate casts as a 1 round casting time. Hurgah and Karek step in front as hit point absorbing arrow blockers. The expected volley, however, does not come. That’s two rounds of volley shot the Kurgentate has been inexplicably spared.

A tear suddenly forms low in the sky and a gust of wind escapes the micro-fissure. The escaped air coalesces into the transparent outline of a giant desert owl, one with disproportionately large talons, each larger than the size of a man’s head. The owl spreads its mammoth wing-span and circles towards the ground at lightning speed, forming a tight corkscrew of death.

Moonpate speaks Auran so he is able to give the specific instructions to the elemental he describes. Halfway between the golem and the Kurgentate is 62 ½ feet. The elemental materializes (lands) there but does not see an ambush. It does though have a ton of movement so it can rocket back up and take a look in the same round. Once it does, it sees what it’s looking for and flies back down to attack. It appears that whatever Gandel was warning you about, it was only a further 25 feet away from you. The elemental has enough Speed to even further complete a Spring Attack – post on that to follow.

Incidentally, although invisible to the untrained eye, as an expert, Moonpate can tell from the elemental’s air current markings, that this elemental is a clansmen of the ‘Great Lord of Wind and Sky’ that Moonpate summoned with his elemental gem a few days ago in the Golden Tent. The Potentate’s latest summons has been answered by another free-spirited warrior of the Vosh Dune Prides, though this one is more of a stalwart tribesman than an elemental prince.

So, Hurgah and Karek – you believe you have a target 25 feet in front of you in the next dune valley. What are your actions – which I am guessing might require an initiative to resolve. Actually, Moon can roll too, he potentially gets to go again as well -- gotta love a freebie out of initiative summons.


"And then there were three. . ."

Donkor Sooron wrote:
Donkor will assess his options, realize that going to the rendezvous point is probably not the safest choice, and then proceed there anyway. Damned curiosity! He will do his best to sneak off over that way, and suss out the situation.

Breach gives Donkor a silent salute of farewell as the Pharasman skulks off in order to avoid compromising the mission. The wrinkles on the dwarf's face betray his concern that he won't see the human again. Breach is pretty certain that Donkor's the kind o' priest that needs a full-time nanny.

On the other hand, he thinks to himself, at least Sooron's got a lot of water.


Spring Attack by Augmented Medium air elemental with weapon-finessed slam attack against AC ?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 (hit!)

Possible damage roll for Mediuum air elemental: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 (Applies!)

A loud "Gah!" rings out from the dune valley in front of the Kurgentate. Something or someone is definitely back there. The wisp-like owl then flies back up 40 feet into the air, circling for its return dive bomb.


Male Half-orc Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 / Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 3

"Snakes in the sand. Perhaps a wiff of foul air can draw them out."


Initiative Rolls
----------
Karek: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Hurgah: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Moonpate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Palanquin Soldier: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Palanquin golem: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

Hidden thing #1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Hidden thing #2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Initiative Order - "The Distraction" Round 1

Karek: 18

Hidden thing #2: 12

Moonpate and Medium air elemental: 11

Hurgah: 6

Hidden thing #1: 5

Palanquin golem and palanquin soldiers: 4 (the golem delays so they go together)


Male Dwarf Barbarian (Breaker) 8

Karek will delay, and go with Hurgah and/or Moonpate. No point rushing forward when he's not even sure he'll get to attack. Perhaps a would-be attacker will volunteer to be smashed.


Male Half-orc Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 / Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 3

Hurgah uses his magic armband to cast enlarge as a standard action.


Male Dwarf Cleric 8

"Good job Gandel. Now let's get moving while they are distracted!", whispers Hal to his remaining companions.


OK!

So Karek goes on delay, dropping down to at least initiative tick 11 (possibly 6).

That makes it hidden Thing #2's turn. Hidden Thing #2 goes - but whatever it is you don't see it.

That brings us to Moonpate. I'll have the elemental attack again in another post to follow, but it looks like the Potentate himself is up.


There is an explosion of sand in the dune valley ahead of you as the elemental dive bombs back down, smashing away at a target below. As fast as quicksilver, the creature rebounds back up into the sky, circling 40 feet overhead.

Unknown die roll for no particular reason: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 (result unknown)

Second unknown die roll for even less of a particular reason: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 (result unknown)

Spring Attack from summoned Medium air elemental with weapon finesse against AC unknown: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 (miss)

Possible damage roll from Spring Attack by elemental: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 (n/a)


Male Human Wizard Level 8 - Conjurer
Pact Stone GM wrote:

There is an explosion of sand in the dune valley ahead of you as the elemental dive bombs back down, smashing away at a target below. As fast as quicksilver, the creature rebounds back up into the sky, circling 40 feet overhead.

Unknown die roll for no particular reason: 1d20+6 (result unknown)

Second unknown die roll for even less of a particular reason: 1d8+7 (result unknown)

Spring Attack from summoned Medium air elemental with weapon finesse against AC unknown: 1d20+9 (miss)

Possible damage roll from Spring Attack by elemental: 1d6+6 (n/a)

Moonpate pumps his fist in triumph and yells "Take That!" at seeing the elemental attack. He unlimbers his crossbow and loads a normal bolt and looks to see if there is a better vantage point nearby that will give them a good view of the ambush site.

Question for Beetle: If the golem is next to the pit does he still have to keep making saving throws to avoid falling in, or did he move out of the danger zone entirely?


Moonpate wrote:
Question for Beetle: If the golem is next to the pit does he still have to keep making saving throws to avoid falling in, or did he move out of the danger zone entirely?

Good point. The palanquin golem though is not in danger of falling into the pit at this point. It's now taken its 5' step back or whatever it needs to do to avoid further saves. It will though have to stay away from the edge; if it ends its turn adjacent to the pit it has to make another save (at +2). However, in the absence of some force or circumstance pressuring it to do so, it won't likely make that mistake by accident.


Moonpate wrote:


Moonpate pumps his fist in triumph and yells "Take That!" at seeing the elemental attack. He unlimbers his crossbow and loads a normal bolt and looks to see if there is a better vantage point nearby that will give them a good view of the ambush site.

Done! Crossbow out and loaded.

If he were to move 20 feet forward (south) he could scramble up a dune and then look straight down in to the dune valley where the elemental is attacking. He would though, be seen by whatever is down there. Moonpate surmises that the location was chosen carefully.


Hurgah the Reaver wrote:
Hurgah uses his magic armband to cast enlarge as a standard action.

This happens. Hurgah activates Klimachtahn (and has two more uses this day)

If I read this right, Hurgah elects to continue to position himself in front of Moonpate to protect him from danger and so he elects not to use his move action.


Karek Kogan wrote:
Karek will delay, and go with Hurgah and/or Moonpate. No point rushing forward when he's not even sure he'll get to attack. Perhaps a would-be attacker will volunteer to be smashed.

So Moon and Hurgah have now gone. Does Karek make his move and go off delay? Or keep waiting to see if something will come out within striking distance?


.
.
.
.
.
(North)
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXMXXXXX
XXXXHHXXXX
XXXKHHXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
(South)

Above shows the Kurgentate's positioning, as I currently have it.

H = Enlarged Hurgah
K = Karek
M = Moonpate
X = unoccupied space


Male Dwarf Barbarian (Breaker) 8

Karek takes a step forward. One hand goes to his belt, and takes out what looks like a small charm. Wordlessly, he crushes it, and an enormous whip unfurls from the shards. It dances and weaves in the air next to him, at his beck and call. Karek nods to his companions, ready to advance.

Karek will activate his Whip Feather Token. If he has a move action left (your call, after drawing and using the Feather token), he is ready to move forward together with Moonpate and Hurgah. If he does not, he will go ahead and take a five-foot step forward.


Karek Kogan wrote:


Karek will activate his Whip Feather Token. If he has a move action left (your call, after drawing and using the Feather token), he is ready to move forward together with Moonpate and Hurgah. If he does not, he will go ahead and take a five-foot step forward.

I'd be willing to say Karek keeps his token handy for just such an emergency. He can activate it as a standard action and still have his move action left. However, Moonpate at least (and possibly Hurgah) doesn't have any move left this round to advance. So if I read you right, Karek plans to keep the formation tight and just take a five-foot step forward, ending his turn. This should have the advantage of having Karek and Hurgah threaten the same spaces in front.

This updates the positioning to:

XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXMXXXXX
XXXXHHXXXX
XXXXHHXXXX
XXXKXXXXXX

P.S. Love the whip token - amazing cheap price for an amazing duration.


Male Dwarf Barbarian (Breaker) 8

You have interpreted my wishes correctly, then. Next!


"--Only a Crazy-Person attempts to Navigate the Grapple Rules"

“Live Short, Dune Squad.”

It is the hidden voice of Sylaxer of the Shrine of Horns. The Asmodean says the name of your rag-tag band from the dune-valley below, his voice filled with derision and contempt. Perhaps he learned the name from Thalia Xianan.

“You were fools to return,” he adds.

You vaguely remember encountering this devil-monk once before in the Red Tent in the Exemplar’s Master Camp. You didn’t get much of a look at him at the time; he spent most of that combat trapped in the grasp of Big-T, Moonpate’s summoned whirlwind. Nevertheless, Sylaxer now sounds rather self-assured.

Perhaps it is because he is not alone. There are four more Asmodean monks with him. You discover this as they spring to the top of the dune in front of you and rush down towards you. Gandel was right, they were laying in wait. Each of the monks’ heads are shaven, save for a single tightly braided ponytail, dyed as black as night. While in their native Cheliax the monks normally travel in ankle-length cloaks of dull black leather, out in the desert they substitute simple black Osirian skirts called hurthren. While not uniform amongst them all, several of the monks have large crimson pentagrams tattooed across their bare chests.

“Destroy them!” He commands. “I will deal with the wizard’s pet.” Sylaxer then falls silent and enters his battle trance, a blood thirsty commune with his dark god.

----------

Move action to close. They're fast – 40 Speed a piece. One takes a slightly longer route to avoid triggering an Attack of Opportunity. They swarm Karek, but they fail to flank.

The new layout looks like this:

XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXMXXXXX
XXXXHHXXXX
XXXXHHXXXX
XXAKXXXXXX
XXAAAXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX

A = Asmodean Monk of the Shrine of Horns

With their standard actions, they all attempt to initiate grapples in order, until one succeeds, or they run out of attempts. Ideally, they will have attacks left over to capitalize on a successful grapple with more conventional attacks. All four monks have Improved Grapple, so once again they do not trigger Attacks of Opportunities. Unfortunately, they belatedly discover Karek is an exceedingly tough target to grapple. He has a CMD of 24 and he has yet to rage. What the Shrine of Horns do have going for them though, is the Coordinated Maneuvers feet, which, since they are all adjacent to one another gives them all a +2 bonus.

Asmodean monk #1 attempts to initiate a grapple with Improved Grapple and Coordinated Maneuvers against Karek’s CMD of 24: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 16 (fails!)

Asmodean monk #2 attempts to initiate a grapple with Improved Grapple and Coordinated Maneuvers against Karek’s CMD of 24: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 20 (fails!)

Asmodean monk #3 attempts to initiate a grapple with Improved Grapple and Coordinated Maneuvers against Karek’s CMD of 24: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 11 (fails!)

Asmodean monk #4 attempts to initiate a grapple with Improved Grapple and Coordinated Maneuvers against Karek’s CMD of 24: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 27 (success)

Karek now has the grappled condition. The monks do not though, have any actions left to take advantage of it. Of note, someone with the grappled condition cannot take any actions requiring two hands, which includes wielding a +1 furious admantine earthbreaker.

----------

The monks of the shrine descend upon the young dwarf from all angles simultaneously, breaching Karek's defenses. One breaks inside the reach of Kogan’s hammer and locks his arm, executing a foreign combat maneuver the dwarf has never seen used before. Another tries to wrest control of the dwarf’s legs to drop him to the desert sands, but he finds the dwarf an unmovable stone. A third skilfully leaps onto the dwarf, and attempts to twist his mithral helmet from behind, a tactic designed to snap the victim’s neck, killing him instantly – a maneuver based on study of the bezekira, the hellcat hunter of the infernal planes. The monk finds though that Karek’s head does not move, too muscled to be vulnerable to such an attack. All he accomplishes is to shake Karek's spectacles off of his rather bulbous nose.

The last monk grabs for Karek’s remaining free arm. With a high kick he slides his foot under Kogan's armpit and executes an maneuver designed to twist and then dislocate the limb from the shoulder-socket. While the monk executes the move perfectly, there is no give - the bone simply does not move. The monks begin to wonder if they have mistakenly attacked a golem. They have though at least, thoroughly tied up one of the dwarf’s arms and their combined weight has restricted their target's mobility. Given a few moments, they might take their foe down yet.


In the distance the commander of the palanquin golem signals for an advance. The golem, still shouldering a massive platform over top its head, begins to lurch forward. The cliche of slow but steady comes quickly to mind.

Double move of 40 feet, closing the distance to 95 feet - As Phrip reminded me, the palanquin golem needs extra distance to go around the spiked pit.

The archers aboard the platform pull their bows tight, and are surely in range, but they do not fire.


Updated Initiative Order - "The Distraction" Round 2

Sylaxer: 12

Moonpate and Medium air elemental: 11

Hurgah: 6+

Karek: 6-

Asmodean Monks: 5

Palanquin golem and palanquin soldiers: 4


Male Dwarf Cleric 8

Are the rest of us within range to cast spells? Assuming we can see what is going on over there.


Sylaxer does not follow through with his professed strategy.

(What kind of lawful monk is he?)

Rather than attack the elemental, he instead he follows the wave of his minions’ charge and streaks towards Hurgah.

This time the movement triggers an attack of opportunity -- from Hurgah, but not Karek or Moonpate.

1XXXXXXXXXX
2XXXXMXXXXX
3XXXXHHXXXX
4XXXXHHXXXX
5XXAKXXSXXX
6XXAAAXXSXX
7XXXXXXXXSX

S = Sylaxer’s direction of approach. The attack of opportunity triggers as Sylaxer exits line 6 to move into line 5.

Roll away there Jace – unless you would prefer to save your AoO. If it’s any incentive, Hurgah remembers this monk had a fang-like potion container that he had his eye on.

I should reveal though, that before he began his movement, he used a swift action and a ki point to activate ki defense.


Male Dwarf Barbarian (Breaker) 8

Sweet. This should be good. At least until the golem shows up. :) How many archers are up there?

Of course, now we get to have exciting conversations about the grapple rules like, "If Hurgah doesn't kill the monk grappling me, can my whip token get me out?"


Halstadt Morgrym wrote:
Are the rest of us within range to cast spells? Assuming we can see what is going on over there.

Afraid not, unless Hal has a spell with a really significant range, like Gandel's whispering wind. The infiltration team is many minutes away from the battle.

In fact, Halstadt doesn't even see the combat - though Gandel does and he could probably point it out. Hal would then see the palanquin golem deep in the distance on the north side of the dig site. He can also see a second palanquin golem patrolling in a circuit on the south side of the camp - also very far away, likely well beyond spell range


Karek Kogan wrote:

Sweet. This should be good. At least until the golem shows up. :) How many archers are up there?

Unfortunately, Karek never got a count. When the Dune Squad met a palanquin squadron and was escorted to the Master Camp a few days ago, he thinks he recollects there were nine soldiers on top. However, there were also several foot soldiers on the ground as well, and some of the soldiers on top of the platform were wielding unusually long pole arms. Here you do not see any foot soldiers or pole arms, just archers so it is possible you may be dealing with a different type of unit.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Karek Kogan also wrote:
Of course, now we get to have exciting conversations about the grapple rules like, "If Hurgah doesn't kill the monk grappling me, can my whip token get me out?"

There's nothing inhibiting the operation of Karek's whip token. My devious mind though, suspects that your question is actually meant to be a means of proposing a course of action to Jace. ; )

That said, monk #4 is the one that is the furthest to the right, which is in Hurgah's reach.

But yeah, I am expecting to have a dispute over how grappling works in the near future. All participants will be right.


Halstadt Morgrym wrote:
"Good job Gandel. Now let's get moving while they are distracted!", whispers Hal to his remaining companions.

Breach nods silently in agreement and follows the priest's advice. He raises himself slightly higher in his crouch, enabling himself to move faster as he slithers from dune to dune.


Male Dwarf Barbarian (Breaker) 8
Pact Stone GM wrote:
There's nothing inhibiting the operation of Karek's whip token. My devious mind though, suspects that your question is actually meant to be a means of proposing a course of action to Jace. ; )

Fair. Hurgah might have his own problems, of course.


Karek Kogan wrote:
Fair. Hurgah might have his own problems, of course.

Yes, I hope he'll be very busy with Sylaxer, but your suggestion is likely a net-benefit in terms of offensive efficiency. Perhaps Moonpate or the elemental might help as well.

(BTW, I have no issue with players proposing actions to each other in combat. I am all in favor of PC coordinating - tactics is one of several things that make the game fun for me. I was just being a crap-disturber.)


Male Human Wizard Level 8 - Conjurer
Pact Stone GM wrote:

Updated Initiative Order - "The Distraction" Round 2

Sylaxer: 12

Moonpate and Medium air elemental: 11

Hurgah: 6+

Karek: 6-

Asmodean Monks: 5

Palanquin golem and palanquin soldiers: 4

Moonpate will shout to the elemental in Auran to destroy the archers with its mighty whirlwind. He will then cast Summon Monster III to bring forth a celestial constrictor snake to attack one of the monks on Karek. My thoughts are that this will probably be the last round that I can cast without provoking an AoO, so might as well summon now while I still can.


Donkor Sooron wrote:
Donkor will assess his options, realize that going to the rendezvous point is probably not the safest choice, and then proceed there anyway. Damned curiosity! He will do his best to sneak off over that way, and suss out the situation.

"Stupidity killed the cat. Curiosity was framed."

Donkor makes his way for the "old" rally point. It'll take some time to get there. We might have to drop Donkor out of synch time wise with the rest of the party. Since the Kurgentate is operating in seconds and Donkor is killing time for midnight, it could otherwise take a while. We might need to do the same with the infiltration team.


Male Human Cleric/8

Figuratively, Donkor whistles idly to pass the time, unaware that the other squad has already faced combat, unless the sound happens to travel this way.
Wowsers you guys got a lot of posts in today!


Male Half-orc Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 / Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 3

As previously stated, Hurgah is not one to miss an opportunity to attack.

Having already surrendered himself to his draconic rage, Hurgah's eyes are bright red as he stands completely motionless and watches the swift monk bear down on him.

Then, just before the monk gets close enough to touch him, Hurgah's bulging muscles launches the greataxe in a deadly horizontal arc, aiming to cut the monk in half at the waist. As always, a formless mass of shrieking spirits follow in the wake of the attack, hoping to feed off the life energies of the target.

Mw cold iron greataxe:
Attack roll 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Damage roll 3d6 + 20 ⇒ (1, 1, 3) + 20 = 25

Spirit attack:
Attack roll 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage roll 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Negative energy dmg


Male Half-orc Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 / Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 3
Karek Kogan wrote:
Pact Stone GM wrote:
There's nothing inhibiting the operation of Karek's whip token. My devious mind though, suspects that your question is actually meant to be a means of proposing a course of action to Jace. ; )
Fair. Hurgah might have his own problems, of course.

Being a seasoned veteran like Karek, Hurgah has of course already marked the offending monk for swift and brutal dismemberment. Naturally, targets are processed in order of priority, so Karek may have to wait a round or two, until Sylaxar runs out of hp. Shouldn't take too long, I suspect. :-)


Male Half-orc Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 / Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 3

"--Only a Crazy-Person attempts to charge Hurgah the Reaver." Hurgah's Round 2 actions

The description assumes a hit on the AoO. If Slylaxar somehow has AC 30+, I'd like to change my action.

Pleased with the way his axe cut neatly into the monk's torso, Hurgah shifts his grip and completes a nasty backswing, sending the weapon back to finish the taks of cutting the monk in half.

The shriking of the spirits, already busy consuming the pain of the monk, reach a feverish pitch at the prospect of further injury.

Mw cold iron greataxe:
Attack roll 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Damage roll 3d6 + 20 ⇒ (5, 4, 2) + 20 = 31

I'm guessing one of those monks just got a field promotion, since a sudden vacancy has just shown up in the top of the groups chain of command.

Status: hp: 86/93, AC 16, DR 2/-, rage 8 of 15, CMD 26.

2,501 to 2,550 of 6,763 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Pact Stone Pyramid All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.