Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Pact Stone Pyramid (Inactive)

Game Master Pact Stone GM

A Pathfinder Module, converted from 3.5 to the Pathfinder system, with a party of level 7.


451 to 500 of 6,763 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Halstadt Morgrym wrote:

Hal heads to the edge of the pit and launches a Firebolt at the beasts below, bellowing a song to Angradd!

The jet of flame roars down into the pit. A moment later there is an impressive backdraft of flame and a plume of black smoke races back up the top. A silenced growl confirms that Morgrym's flames have had their intended effect.

A second later, an armored dwarf with an over-sized hammer suddenly dives pass him, through the smoke and into the pit. Wait, what?

OOC: Scratch another splicer beast - only 2 left in the pit.


Karek Kogan wrote:

Karek gives a grin as the beasts tusk clang off his armor. He balances himself, and then returns the favor with another swing of the hammer.

Assuming from your description that that is enough to take it down...

It is, but c'mon, Gandel had the courtesy of knocking it prone for you and it wasn't easy either - you gotta add that in and make the hit roll a 36. : )

Seriously though, with the last splicer beast on the battlefield crushed into a fine powder, the GM is calling this fight. Let's drop out of initiative so people can post freely. It will be great to get focussed back on the pyramid dig ahead. . .

Karek Kogan wrote:


Showing the thought process for which barbarians are famous, into the pit he goes.

. . .

Uh, nevermind, okay so Karek dive bombs into the pit. That's a 30 foot fall. The first 10 feet is converted to nonlethal as it is a deliberate jump and the successful Acrobatics check negates another 10. So that's:

Nonlethal damage 1d6 ⇒ 2
Lethal damage 1d6 ⇒ 3

Karek Kogan wrote:
Maybe one of those things could cushion his fall?
Not so much, despite their replication gig, they're pretty solid. He does though crush at least one with the weight of his armor and gigantic hammer. And were the other to survive, the blinded, battered beast would not be long for this world. Moments later Karek is in the pit huffing and puffing atop a small pile of corpses.

Hmmmmm, in the meantime, following Jason's suggestion, I believe Moonpate is sending the aqueous orb into the pit - please?


OK, Fights Over!

Congrats to you all for making it through our first combat encounter.

Some thoughts:

  • We have three fleeing camels that head southwest. They should be easy enough to coral. Especially for Thalia and Scimitar. That assumes of course that a spell-depleted Thalia is not off alone and waylaid by more splicer beasts or some other threat. . .

  • Who's injured? Hal healed most of you I think.

  • There was some talk earlier about encamping. It's only mid-afternoon, but perhaps post-adrenaline the party is fatigued. Or perhaps Breach wanted extra time to set traps and alarms. On the other hand, perhaps you want to use what little time is left for travel as time is still of the essence - Khymrasa might get to Ahn'Selota before you do. (Anybody remember her? It's been so long!)

  • Donkor especially is acutely aware that four splicer beasts ran off to the east and split up.

    This is the part where I get to say "what next?"


  • Male Half-orc Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 / Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 3

    Obviously, the most important stuff first:

    The Barbarian Scoreboard of Wanton Slaughter and Mutilation:

    Kill total:
    Hurgah: 5
    Karek: 7

    Looks like Karek's little pit-diving stunt allowed him to pull ahead and win round 1. Obviously, Hurgah is not pleased.


    Male Human Wizard Level 8 - Conjurer
    Pact Stone GM wrote:


    Hmmmmm, in the meantime, following Jason's suggestion, I believe Moonpate is sending the aqueous orb into the pit - please?

    Seeing the crazed dwarf dive into a deep pit housing the vicious beasts, Moonpate can only scratch his bald head and wonder about what is in that dwarf's canteen. With a sigh and a wave of his hand, the aqueous orb collapses just as it tumbles into the pit, providing a much needed cold shower to the sun maddened Karek.


    Hurgah the Reaver wrote:

    Obviously, the most important stuff first:

    The Barbarian Scoreboard of Wanton Slaughter and Mutilation:

    Uh oh! Not the dreaded BSWSM!


    Male Dwarf Barbarian (Breaker) 8
    Hurgah the Reaver wrote:

    Obviously, the most important stuff first:

    The Barbarian Scoreboard of Wanton Slaughter and Mutilation

    Indeed. A must in any game with multiple barbarians. Do not worry, Hurgah has plenty of time to catch up. And more attacks, too!

    In answer to the Beetle's questions, Karek now has a tiny bit of self-inflicted damage on him. I'm kinda curious how adamant Donkor will be in not healing him. :) He's fine sleeping it off. I'll save my analysis about the rest of the situation for when either Jason cancels the pit or Karek clambers out of it.

    Climb Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


    Female Half-Elf Rogue (spy) 2/Druid (desert) 5

    "Well I guess I have to find these camels, can I get a bodyguard to help, these multi-beasts are a little out of my expertise to be honest."

    Thalia awaits one of her companions to raise a hand for the search of the sandy steeds.


    Karek Kogan wrote:


    Climb Check: d20+10

    Well that's not quite high enough, but it doesn't really matter. Either he'll make a sufficient number of checks eventually, Jason will cancel the spell, the spell's duration will end, or maybe someone will even lower a rope. So to move things along, you may freely assume Karek finds his way out of the pit.

    What's next guys? Continued travels? Encamping? Lemonade stand?


    Male Dwarf Cleric 8

    "Does it not make sense to track the rest of these beasties? We don't need another ambush in greater numbers".


    Male Dwarf Barbarian (Breaker) 8

    The time Karek spends in the pit is the amount of more rounds that he rages. If we need a precise number, we can make some climb rolls or see how merciful Jason wants to be.

    The wind seems to go out of Karek's sails as he rises above the surface of the sand. Breathing hard, he wanders over to where he left Aleson, and sees his glasses lying on the ground. Crushed in the panic of the battle, he scoops them up and puts them in a special pouch on his pack. He opens his pack, and takes something from the top. He puts another pair of glasses on, and turns to the party.

    I lose more glasses dad way.

    He looks to Thalia first. Leds vind da camels. Bud I slow ye down.

    He then addresses Halstadt. I would pursue da cridders. Bud day hab a lead on us. I hab no camel. If we do nod vind jusd one o' dem, we could vind ourslebs surrunded jusd like dis domorrow anyhow.

    He shrugs, and looks at Breach first, then Donkor. I would press on when Dalia vinds da camels. We hab a job. Yer call.


    Male Human Wizard Level 8 - Conjurer

    With a flourish of arms Moonpate gestures grandly towards the summoned scorpion. "Oh magnificent one, whose claw and sting served us so well, I offer you gratitude and return you to the great beyond."
    The great scorpion brandishes its claws high in the air and then slowly dissipates into the sand below.

    Karek Kogan wrote:


    He shrugs, and looks at Breach first, then Donkor. I would press on when Dalia vinds da camels. We hab a job. Yer call.

    "Granted, tis would be best if those foul beasts were all accounted for but chasing after the four winds would prove more fruitful than splitting up to track a creature that can divide itself. We should continue on and take the necessary precautions when camp beckons. And speaking of dividing, now that we have seen these beasts up close, and mighty Hurgah has even dined on their flesh, does anyone know just what those things are? Gandel, while the rest track down the camels and gather gear let us make a thorough exam and sketch of one of the more intact carcasses. I'm sure your Pathfinder lodge would appreciate the lore and I would bet Baldo's balls that some alchemists or seers would relish the ichor and tusks for some significant coin."


    Male Human Cleric/8

    Donkor waits politely until Moonpate finishes speaking, and then addresses the group. "Of course the beasts should be chased down. We should have started immediately. There could already be twice the number we originally faced here."

    "Admittedly, this group as a whole is far more terrifying than a score or two of splicer beasts. But now they've tested us. What assurances do we have that they won't come next time in the hundreds? Or the thousands? I'm the only one who seems to have any familiarity with them, and my knowledge does not extend to their division limits. Friend Moonpate, what precautions do you suggest to defend our camp against such an onslaught? Why do you feel they will wait until we camp?"


    The spell ends after 8 rounds. I don't see a D beside the duration, so I don't think I can dismiss it. The pit just rises up when the spell ends. Anything in the pit comes up to the surface.

    btw...that was awesome.

    "Master Karek. I knew that rolling one of Mr. Moonpate's orb's down the pit work well, but I never considered a dwarf diving down. Nicely done!", Jason says to Karek.

    Jason hops down from his camel and walks over to examine one of the creatures. He crouches down as he studies it. "Nasty beasts."

    How many got away? Do we know which way they went?"


    Male Dwarf Barbarian (Breaker) 8
    Jason Belleson wrote:
    "Master Karek. I knew that rolling one of Mr. Moonpate's orb's down the pit work well, but I never considered a dwarf diving down. Nicely done!", Jason says to Karek.

    Karek nods gratefully in acceptance of Jason's compliment.

    Jason Belleson wrote:


    How many got away? Do we know which way they went?"

    Karek grins again.

    One.


    Karek Kogan wrote:
    Jason Belleson wrote:


    How many got away? Do we know which way they went?"

    Karek grins again.

    One.

    OOC:

    Now if that's your perspective, the BSWSM is really tied at zero to zero. : )

    Bettle burrows under the sand while the party barbarians chuck stuff at him.


    Jason Belleson wrote:


    "Master Karek. I knew that rolling one of Mr. Moonpate's orb's down the pit work well, but I never considered a dwarf diving down. Nicely done!", Jason says to Karek.

    Jason hops down from his camel and walks over to examine one of the creatures. He crouches down as he studies it. "Nasty beasts."

    The quadrapedal corpse has both canine and feline features. Its extremely well-muscled, particularly in its back haunches and in its slightly elongated neck. It's triple tusks are like small razored daggers. It looks like it once had patches of fur, but its skin and flesh has been torn and shredded (and burnt) too many times to be certain.

    The camels all seem to try to keep a healthy distance from the corpses.

    OOC: I'm assuming thus far he's not actually touching it or cutting it open to perform an autopsy.


    Male Dwarf Barbarian (Breaker) 8
    Pact Stone GM wrote:

    Now if that's your perspective, the BSWSM is really tied at zero to zero. : )

    Bettle burrows under the sand while the party barbarians chuck stuff at him.

    It is what Karek saw. There was one beast, of those initially surrounding us, that is not lying dead on the ground. Of course he believes Donkor in that there are now more of them. But only "one" escaped the carnage.


    Male Human Wizard Level 8 - Conjurer
    Donkor Sooron wrote:


    Donkor waits politely until Moonpate finishes speaking, and then addresses the group. "Of course the beasts should be chased down. We should have started immediately. There could already be twice the number we originally faced here."
    "Admittedly, this group as a whole is far more terrifying than a score or two of splicer beasts. But now they've tested us. What assurances do we have that they won't come next time in the hundreds? Or the thousands? I'm the only one who seems to have any familiarity with them, and my knowledge does not extend to their division limits. Friend Moonpate, what precautions do you suggest to defend our camp against such an onslaught? Why do you feel they will wait until we camp?"

    Moonpate raises an eyebrow as high as possible.

    "If our fate is to be eaten by those splicer beasts, I would rather face it within the comforts of camp with mugs of ale surrounding me then riding in four directions hoping to catch that which can lead us further astray into peril. I think it has had enough of us and is off to find an easier meal. We will have to maintain a close vigil in camp or on the trail anyway whilst in this blasted waste. I think those splicer beasts will be the least of our worries soon enough, so let us drink to our victory here, drink to the challenges to come, and drink some more just for the pleasure of it."

    With that last statement, Moonpate produces a small jug from a saddle bag and takes a swig of something that makes his three chins jiggle and his lips smack loudly in appreciation.


    Male Human Wizard Level 8 - Conjurer

    Moonpate will want to excise three tusks and capture some of its ichor in a vial for further study or sale.

    "Valiant Hurgah, would you care to share a victory drink with me as a small token of my appreciation for your amazing display of prowess. I am also wondering if I can humbly ask for assistance in a small task. I unfortunately lack a suitable blade for extracting the tusks from one your stupendous kills, and thus would implore you to secure three of them for me. Perhaps they can be later inscribed with a vision of your attack, or be made to adorn a helmet of fierce aspect to crown your head."


    Male Half-orc Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 / Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 3

    As the battle dies down, Hurgah shrinks to his normal size, huffing in long, rasping breaths. After a few minutes, he straightens and nods curtly at Moonpate's request. He moves to one of the fallen splicer beasts, and with muscles bulging, he tears free the creatures tusks.

    "Here, Wizard. Your orb and scorpion helped Hurgah kill the smelly beasts. You have earned your share of the trophies and I'll gladly drink your brew!"

    He then turns to Donkor and the others."These puny dogs die easily, no matter how many of them there are. Let them run. If they return, Hurgah will add more to this pile of corpses."

    Did Hal's channel include Hurgah? Otherwise, he'd appreciate a heal.


    Male Dwarf Cleric 8

    I believe that it did heal Hurgah.

    "If we are not giving chase let's keep moving. Is anyone still injured?"


    Male Dwarf Barbarian (Breaker) 8

    Karek gestures to Thalia and begins trudging in a steady pace southwest, in the direction his camel fled. 40 feet per round. No use rushing. It's not like he'll outpace them.

    Led's bring'em back.


    Male Half-orc Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 / Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 3

    How does Karek move 40 ft. per round? Since he's a dwarf barbarian, he should only move 30 ft/rnd.


    Male Human Cleric/8

    Donkor shakes his head again, and lapses into silence.

    He sits his horse, looking uncomfortable, and watches as Karek moves off on camel retrieval duty.


    Hurgah the Reaver wrote:


    Did Hal's channel include Hurgah? Otherwise, he'd appreciate a heal.

    No, I'm afraid it didn't.

    Halstadt's channel included Thalia, Breach and himself. It also got Karek and Donkor too, but they were not injured (at the time - Karek was slightly injured subsequently with his dive).


    Karek Kogan wrote:

    Karek gestures to Thalia and begins trudging in a steady pace southwest, in the direction his camel fled. 40 feet per round. No use rushing. It's not like he'll outpace them.

    Led's bring'em back.

    Yeah, the camels were running. So as you suspect, Karek cannot catch them on foot, though Thalia explains the camels will just run themselves out after a few minutes and she can easily track them.

    Thalia (on Scimitar) and Karek walk back the way you came, west towards Sothis. After a minute or two they drop out of site once they crest a dune in the distance.

    Metagame Protection Question: Assuming no calls for help or other danger, how long would the rest of the party wait before they decided to go look for them or otherwise react.

    In case anyone is reading into that (I know I would) the splicer beast replicants were all moving in roughly the opposite direction Thalia and Karek are headed, various different angles headed east, er, when last seen anyway.


    Male Half-orc Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 / Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 3

    Since I already adjusted my sheet back to full hp, could someone please provide Hurgah with 7 hp worth of healing?


    Male Dwarf Cleric 8

    Hal will head over to Hurgah and heal him.

    Cure light wounds 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

    "Well done biggin. I'be got something for you next time that'll help you out".


    Male Dwarf Barbarian (Breaker) 8
    Hurgah the Reaver wrote:
    How does Karek move 40 ft. per round? Since he's a dwarf barbarian, he should only move 30 ft/rnd.

    [ooc]Karek's move speed is 20, and he's double-moving.[ooc]


    Female Half-Elf Rogue (spy) 2/Druid (desert) 5

    After getting a bodyguard, Thalia heads off into the desert, obviously not fearful of the creatures that attacked her.

    "Well, off we go."

    Survival = 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21

    Handle Animal when we find them, followed by Animal Empathy to make it easier.

    Handle animal = 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
    Animal Empathy = 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

    I cannot really say how long the rest of the party will wait, as I am one of the search party, I suppose it's more up to the rest of the party.


    Thalia Xian'an wrote:


    I cannot really say how long the rest of the party will wait, as I am one of the search party, I suppose it's more up to the rest of the party.

    Too true dat!

    We'll say they were prepared to wait at least a half hour before sending out a search party as that's how long it takes for Thalia and Karek to return.

    Thalia has no problems tracking them down. She is then able to coax them into returning with her. Karek finds the return trip easier now that he has a mount.

    Despite Thalia and Karek's (possible) expectations, they do not see any signs of splicer beasts during their side trek.


    "Ah! Thanks for retrieving my camel you two."

    "While you were away, we decided we would use the rest of the daylight to head for the dig site. Gandel has checked our bearings against the map. We're going to continue east, erring on the side of north."

    "And the lot o' us will keep our eye peeled for another ambush."

    OOC: Baring any other final considerations, we'll have the band resume its trip. If the single-file marching order change from before, let me know.


    The travel resumes and soon some of the more martial types among you are already wishing for another attack instead of the monotony of desert travel.

    The camel train progresses for about another 20 minutes when suddenly a now familiar refrain is heard coming from the back:

    "BALDO'S BALLS!"

    Moonpate reports that the trophies Hurgah collected for the two of them are vanishing in the air! A moment later the tusks are gone. . .


    [Cut Scene]

    That time it was close.

    “Dammit Krenshar!” said the Mithral Scarab to herself for what felt like the hundredth time. “Where is that team you promised me?”

    She waited against the side of the tent slowly regaining her breath. Eventually the guards would move on and she would be able to slip back to the slave tents. But she knew she couldn’t continue this on her own for long. The arrival of the Shrine of Horns made everything far more complicated than she had planned. Dammed devil-worshipers – they didn’t belong here.

    But what was taking the Venture-Captain so long? She knew the old man had no idea what was truly at stake here, but he had never let her down before. Krenshar said something about the Professor requesting a man named Hurgah. Could he have held up the team in order to make sure he was on it? She hoped not. What kind of a name was Hurgah anyway?

    At some point she would need to focus on her safety. One day more, maybe two or three tops. Then she’d have to get out before she was found. She didn’t even want to think of what Master Soan would do if he discovered her. Then again, in three days, perhaps Khymrasa would complete her dig. The slaves were excavating far faster than she had anticipated. Truly there was nothing the Exemplar's money could not accomplish. Just how deep down was that pyramid?

    As her breathing slowed, the Scarab forced her mind to concentrate. She had saved a much-needed spell for her escape, and it just might work here, that is if she could calm herself and focus hard enough to access it.

    "Dammit Krenshar!"

    [/cut scene]


    Male Dwarf Barbarian (Breaker) 8

    As Karek returns with the camels firmly in hand, he releases them to Breach and Hal. He turns to examine Hurgah once again. Now mounted, he almost comes up to Hurgah's chin. If Hurgah meets his gaze, Karek will grant him a solemn nod, made slightly more comedic from the back of a moving camel.

    Karek will then take his place back at the front of the train behind Thalia. He treats her with a solid, begrudging respect, but he does have one bit of advice.

    Nexd dime, lass, save da vireball vor da grupe o' aid.

    Happy Easter!


    As you glance over your shoulder behind you, you see the beginnings of a brilliant Osirion sunset. Before you, the shadow of your camel train stretches way, way in front.

    There may be many other desertscapes, and many of them are certainly magnificent, but for the moment, you doubt there are any that can match the majesty of the one you see behind you now.

    As you soldier on, you take note that you have less than an hour of daylight. Soon the giant orange ball will fade beyond the dunes behind you.

    Darkness comes.


    Female Half-Elf Rogue (spy) 2/Druid (desert) 5

    Thalia returns with Karek and the camels, her steps light and unhindered, as if the sands supported her weight out of choice, flirting with Karek, hoping that he takes a shine to her.

    An ally in this rough escapade would suit her well.

    "Don't worry, Karek, I shall have to ready more fireballs instead if that is the case, and even if I cannot cast them, I still have some in reserve."

    Taking her position in the lead again, Thalia calls over her shoulder.

    "Gandel, how long is it until we reach our destination? I am wondering if we should push through the night or make camp in the dunes and rest."

    Hope everyone's Easter was a fun and chocolate filled occasion.


    Male Human Cleric/8

    Donkor speaks up, "The journey was to take three days. And I, for one, need to commune with my Goddess this evening. I think we should definitely make camp."


    Male Dwarf Cleric 8

    "I agree wih Donkor. If we push purselves without regaining our strength it would be a mistake".

    Hal will pray for the same spells in the morning except for one minor change.


    Male Dwarf Barbarian (Breaker) 8

    Karek, who was ready to travel through the night if need be, will take charge whenever it is people want to stop moving. (Perhaps just a few minutes before sundown?)

    Wordlessly, he stumbles off of Aleson and pulls the camel train aside. Working with Breach in a previously-planned arrangement, they will start to pitch camp, start a fire, and set up defensive measures. This includes whatever traps Breach wants to set, as well as a basic defensive perimeter made out of baggage and camels. "Circling the Wagons", if you will.

    I ken dake firs' wadch.


    Male Human Wizard Level 8 - Conjurer
    Pact Stone GM wrote:

    "BALDO'S BALLS!"

    Moonpate reports that the trophies Hurgah collected for the two of them are vanishing in the air! A moment later the tusks are gone. . .

    Moonpate double checks what just happened and makes sure he hasn't been sipping from the hidden flask of his good stuff.

    "Fragnammit! Hurgah, I am saddened to report that the tusks for your war crown have vanished like a gen's good wishes. The mystery of those beasts deepens even further."

    Spellcraft check to determine if anything arcane can be detected:
    1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27

    Edit: made some changes to memorized spells assuming the opportunity to do so when camping tonight


    Moonpate wrote:


    Spellcraft check to determine if anything arcane can be detected:
    1d20+16

    The Potentate's study reveals nothing, nothing apart from the transparent fact that when things disappear before one's eyes there's usually magic involved.

    Though once he studies the situation, his keen mind does take note that the disappearance seemed to occur almost exactly an hour after the battle. Many magical spells and abilities have a duration expressed in hours. Perhaps there is value in taking note of the timing.


    Karek Kogan wrote:
    . . . Working with Breach in a previously-planned arrangement, they will start to pitch camp, start a fire, and set up defensive measures. This includes whatever traps Breach wants to set, as well as a basic defensive perimeter made out of baggage and camels. "Circling the Wagons", if you will.

    No sooner does the weary party stop for the night than the dwarves go to work - it's almost as though they're just not happy unless they have a project. Breach in particular seems quite content, whistling softly to himself as he reviews his plans with Karek and then unfolds his tools.

    Using his roll of string he sets up a series of taut trip wires, each low to the ground. The string though is not so much intended to trip an intruder as it is to trigger one of the three small bells placed around the camp in a triangle. Breach cannibalizes a lantern casing to stop the breeze from triggering the bells all night. Thalia though explains that she has seen few signs that the wind will pick up in the next several hours.

    Next, Breach digs a series of small holes and arms each one with an upward facing crossbow bolt.

    "Okay now", says Breach as he gestures to the make-shift path leading north, "when you get up in the middle of the night to take a pis, remember that this corridor is the safe route out of the circle." He points to the south: "Where as this way out, not so much. Got it?"

    As Breach works, a small foot-long sandy-colored lizard crawls atop a dune and watches with the bored curiosity only a lizard can have. Once Karek lights a fire though, it staggers off, uninterested in becoming dinner.

    OOC:

    1. I've been able to divine a bit of what Bilbo intended for Breach from his equipment list, but I'm sure I haven't done him justice. Perhaps next time. I've rolled his Craft (traps) +8 off-screen.

    2. There's not much fuel nearby to scrounge for the fire, so unless someone has something in particular they can donate for burning, it will probably only be a short cooking fire. Fortunately with the proliferation of endure elements in place, very few of you will be cold tonight. Though if someone wanted to go riding to forage for fuel sources or make a Survival check to recycle animal dung or something clever, those are options.

    3. If anyone else has any special precautions for tonight let me know. If you take a preferred shift on watch, let me know that too, otherwise I'll just assign single-watchmen at random to keep things moving. You have the person power for double-shifts, but the ring of animals gives you extra comfort.


    Male Dwarf Cleric 8

    "I will take the last shift for watch. It will give me a chance to greet the sun and pray to Angradd".


    Male Human Cleric/8

    Donkor needs the midnight hour to commune with Pharasma, other than that has no preference as to when he stands watch.


    Male Dwarf Barbarian (Breaker) 8

    Karek does not much care who takes what watch when, but he does suggest that somebody else take the actual watch while the clerics are communing with their gods.


    Karek Kogan wrote:
    Karek does not much care who takes what watch when, but he does suggest that somebody else take the actual watch while the clerics are communing with their gods.

    I think Denis meant that Hal would take the last shift and then finish it with his morning prayers as the party rises - not that he would actually pray through the watch. : )

    Heh, too bad though - that would be fun. (and possibly nutritious)

    To help organize the watch, based on the above, I will propose three shifts, each approximately 2.5 hours in length:

    1. Early Night
    2. Midnight and following
    3. Approach of Dawn

    Night: Karek (perhaps joined by Donkor?)
    Midnight: (volunteer? Or shall I go with Breach and make tonight a dwarven night?)
    Dawn: Halstadt

    Sound OK?

    P.S. As a default, unless I hear otherwise, PCs do not sleep in armor and acquire the fatigued condition the next day. If you have the Endurance feat or other ability and want to milk it, let me know.


    Karek Kogan wrote:


    I ken dake firs' wadch.

    Awesome. Not that it at all matters*, but since Karek is going first, what's his approach or technique as a sentry?

    For example, does he take a stationary position inside the perimeter that he and Karek built? Or does he patrol outside the 'trap zone'? Does he attempt to hide? Does he rely on his darkvision or use a light source?

    --Beetle

    * According to Wikipedia, "at all matters" is an inherently vague phrase capable of many liberal interpretations.


    Male Dwarf Cleric 8

    Yes I am not going to pray ON my watch, just after it ends. I will remove my armor to get a full nights rest. On watch I will take a stationary position and rely n darkvision and the traps to spot any possible assailants.

    451 to 500 of 6,763 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Pact Stone Pyramid All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.