Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

The Once & Future KingMaker

Game Master GHembree

MAPS:
Torod's Greenbelt map {link}

Battle Map


4,701 to 4,750 of 5,011 << first < prev | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | next > last >>

Female Human Winter Witch 5; Init +1; Senses Perception +3; AC 12 (+2 Dex.); hp 41; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +7

"I'm all in favour of opening up a dialogue, but first we need to make sure there are no.... accidents that would make it difficult to keep any bargains which might be struck," Asta explains. "If some poor soul goes hunting for rare herbs or fish in the Lizardmen's swamp and gets served up to the tribe as an hors d'oeuvre, the people are going to be screaming for their blood. It's tricky enough getting the Kobolds and Mites accepted, and they haven't eaten any of the settlers."


hp 55/55 | AC 21, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor, +4 Dex, +1 Trait +2 Deflection, -1 dex, -1 size) | F +11 R +11, W +10 | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | CMB +6; CMD 16 Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft; Perception +6
Spoiler:
Melee (L) +1 bastard sword[/i] [dice]1d20+7 [/dice] ([dice]2d8+4 [/dice]/19-20) Ranged mwk composite longbow [dice]1d20+5 [/dice] [dice]1d8+2 [/dice]

Seraph nods. "Good point Milady, so we need to expand along the rivers and utilize patrols to keep people out still..." She ponders for a moment before adding. "We may need to make the decree of staying between Skunk and Thorn River a law until further notice. If people know that going past the river is unlawful then we can at least keep the people crossing to a minimum. THen if we meet thee lizardfolk we can try and avoid being made out as usurpers or invaders if they do take a foolish hunter or two... It'll maintain a barrier of around twenty miles between our borders and the Lizardfolk as well." She rises, beginning to strap on her gear for the day's coming trek her mind crunching the numbers. "I will remind our patrols to keep people from crossing those barriers as well. Hopefully it works."

With her gear strapped on she nods to Asta. "So another visit to the Beldame with her mushrooms as we pass by on our way south then?" She looks to Torod, smiling slightly.

Grand Lodge

Captain Esteban hesitates for moment when you request to go south to explore, "You intend to explore Candlemere? Most people pass by that place as quickly as they can. The word is that it is hunted by marsh spooklights. If you are crazy enough to explore it, We will drop you at the shore, but wait well out to water."

Heading south the next day, the group first stops by Beldame. They find the old lady at home working in her garden.

Her mood is improved when you show her the Ratlecap mushroom, "Ah, so you did find them, Good Good. A deal's a deal so 100 gold coins per Raltcap. Sure you want to trade enchanting a weapon or armor? So where are you heading next?"

You found 18 Ratlecaps. How many do you sell?


Female Human Winter Witch 5; Init +1; Senses Perception +3; AC 12 (+2 Dex.); hp 41; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +7

"So that's ten mushrooms?" Asta suggests to the others. "For one thousand in gold. We can put the money towards opening a new facility at Greenheart. A public hospital, or maybe an orphanage."

Asta purses her lips at the older spellcaster's question. "Well, we were curious about Candlemere. Can you tell us anything about it that might be useful?"

Grand Lodge

DM rolls:

sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Old Beldam nods "Ten will do, it's a shame there were not more. I do love Ratlecap tea.". She ambles up to her cottage returning a few minutes later with a bag of gold.

When you ask about Candlemere, Beldam shakes her head, "Dangerious place that is. There is an old ruin in the center of the island. The place is infested with Will-o-wisp while they are solitary in nature, one is more than enough trouble. What do you know about fighting Will-o-wisp?"

Make dungeon engineering checks.


Female Human Winter Witch 5; Init +1; Senses Perception +3; AC 12 (+2 Dex.); hp 41; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +7

Oh, did I need to roll Bluff? 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

"Will-o'-the-wisps?" Asta purses her lips in thought. "Nnnope. Not really my field of expertise."

No Knowledge (dungeoneering) here!


Male Human Cleric of Iomedae 5 ac:19/11/18 hp: 42/42 f/r/w: 5/2/7 Perception +3 Init: +1 Channel 8/8

"Just out of curiosity," Justinian says quietly to Seraph, "what will you do with the trappers and merchants who do not obey the border law? Imprison them? Execute them? 'Walk any Road, Float any River'. Third River Freedom. Sound familiar?"

He shakes his head ruefully. "Seems a lot of work for lizardfolk who eat people. If my recent memory serves, we just invaded the home of a creature who ate people, gnomes to be specific. Killed it, in fact. Spent hours cleaning and dressing it, no less. Could've just built a fence, in my opinion."


hp 55/55 | AC 21, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor, +4 Dex, +1 Trait +2 Deflection, -1 dex, -1 size) | F +11 R +11, W +10 | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | CMB +6; CMD 16 Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft; Perception +6
Spoiler:
Melee (L) +1 bastard sword[/i] [dice]1d20+7 [/dice] ([dice]2d8+4 [/dice]/19-20) Ranged mwk composite longbow [dice]1d20+5 [/dice] [dice]1d8+2 [/dice]

She looks to Justinian, completely focused on him alone but she talked normally. She had a hard time believing this was not another thinly veiled excuse to insult her. "For those who go beyond the border, the Kingdom absolves itself of having to aid them. Not really a law I guess but an enforced suggestion they avoid that area and for good reason. I think thats clear enough. But I merely suggest it, WE can decide later as a council. As it stands there is already a standing decree for settlers, minus the 'No aid shall come.'"

She sighs as she answered the last part. "I must ask you, is there something you wish to say? To me? Because I'm used to disrespect at this point, since I'm a fornicating whore, drunk worshipper of a debased sex goddess. But is this strangeness warranted? I believe you a man of greater intelligence to not make such weak comparisons. Though at every turn of late I find myself laying on my back from one or another and, unlike some would be believe, I don't enjoy it." She shakes her head. "it was less laborpus to remove a rabid beast. But I took no pleasure in killing that creature, or taking its home and a fence wouldn't stop a beast. However I will protect my people as best I can. If the Lizardfolk prove unreasonable and a threat I will follow Asta's course of action as her loyal vassal."

"Now, is there anything else you wish to know Justinian? Please feel free. Because if not I would enjoy banter without constantly testing one another's defenses for once."


:HP:08/27:Init+4:Perception:+8:AC:18(+4Dex,+4Mage armour):Fort +3,Ref+7,Will+5 Theme song

Not, no Dungeon crawling in Sunset's past... :(

Sunset enjoys the tea offered, would maybe chat to Miss Beldame about what it is that Sunset would like a steady amount of things crafted (How to move supplies of materials to the cottage, picking up finished good etc) but otherwise enjoys the peace and quiet offered by the place.

Grand Lodge

Old Beldame shrugs, "I know that Will-o-Wisp are immune to most magic, they can turn invisible at will and they are hard to hit."

Answering Sunset's question, Beldame explains "For weapons and armor, I would need the master work items to enchant. For other items I have my sources. Most enchantments take a few days a week at most. How you get back and forth is your business, but most people walk."


:HP:08/27:Init+4:Perception:+8:AC:18(+4Dex,+4Mage armour):Fort +3,Ref+7,Will+5 Theme song

Sunset is just looking for some one to 'off set' her lighting bottle build/production needs, as well as making the 'Pathfinder' pouches. The master work, repeating x-bow stocks should be easy to aquire.

Sunset nods, "Well.. if'n we're doin' regular buisness, like. There'll needs be some way fer carts ta git from there ta' here easy as." She replies to Beldame.

Now to gather enough money to make a load of these alchemical blasters and start fitting out the town defence force. :D


Half Elf Hunter 5| HP 19/52| AC 18 T 12 FF 16| Fo +6 Re +6 Wi +4| Init +3| Percep +16| Spells: Lvl 2: 3/3; Lvl 1: 4/4

Torod offers Crackjaws' shell to The Beldame. "I brought this for you. Its the Crackjaws' shell. At first I figured to keep it as a trophy, but then I thought you might find a better use for the shell of the great beast than as a conversation piece."

Don't have either of those knowledges.


Male Human Cleric of Iomedae 5 ac:19/11/18 hp: 42/42 f/r/w: 5/2/7 Perception +3 Init: +1 Channel 8/8

Still on the boat.

"My comments and concerns are stated to all of the Council." Justinian replies to Seraph. He looks around at those on the boat.

"If you want it straight, then I'll give it to you...all of you." He draws himself up straight, setting his face into judge, jury, and executioner mode. "What you are doing here is foolish. It risks the lives of those who come to live here. I mean your policies regarding the kobolds, the mites, and now the lizardfolk. The long history of those races does not change with the efforts of two individuals. I've spoken my concerns about them as well as the concerns of the people. Several of you have chosen to lecture me and belittle my opinion. Even my views on justice have been questioned! With both the manticore and the turtle, I've merely taken your arguments about the kobolds and mites and turned them around on you."

He pulls his holy symbol from where it hangs about his neck. "I make no judgments of you, Seraph, or your goddess. The Justice I follow is not blind."

Justinian sits back down. "Only time will tell if I am wrong. If so, then the Council are wise beyond all others who have come before them. I hope I'm wrong. If for no other reason than no one will die if I am."


Male Human Cleric of Iomedae 5 ac:19/11/18 hp: 42/42 f/r/w: 5/2/7 Perception +3 Init: +1 Channel 8/8

At the Old Beldame's

Justinian waits outside. He was never one for crowded places, and a mud hut in a swamp, full of council members, certainly qualified. He sits with his back to the great tree, reading The Six Acts. He wondered if Iomedae had ever had a favorite book, something she could read when she felt angry or frustrated. She was human once, after all.

He shook his head. Foolish thought. The hopes and dreams of the Lady of Justice were beyond mortal ken, even if she were human upon a time.

Grand Lodge

Old Beldame looks at the turtle shell, "I have no use for it."

With no more business to discuss, Beldame hints that it time for the group to be about their business.

Are you going to explore hex I7 Candlemere?


:HP:08/27:Init+4:Perception:+8:AC:18(+4Dex,+4Mage armour):Fort +3,Ref+7,Will+5 Theme song

I suggest we 'miss' candlemere at this time. We should come back and nuke it from orbit... it will be the only way to make sure...


:HP:08/27:Init+4:Perception:+8:AC:18(+4Dex,+4Mage armour):Fort +3,Ref+7,Will+5 Theme song

On the boat

Sunset relaxes where ever it is she's been shown to stow hr geat. Slowly savouring her 'Burning leaf roll' she listens to Justinian's comments, her hat drawn down over her eyes, smoked goggles resting on the brim thereof. If asked about things she shrugs,

"I give my peice a'fore. Justinian an' m'self see things different about tha' world, t'is simple as that. I dun't judge no one by tha' colour of their hair nor scales. Nor by tha' size a their.... " Sunset's gaze shifts, perhaps she looks to Seraph? '... Nor tha' size of their apendages..." She drawls lazily, puffing on her burning roll.

"I'm just some one who's settin' up home with kin. I'm aimin' ta' make a right nice beighbor with whom ever t'is livin' on t'other side of yon hills..." She finishes laconically.

At the Swamp with's

Sunet nods, Well, we'll take it back ta town. Make a shield or somat out'a it, maybe..." She shrugs, offers Old Beldame a polite nod in goodbyes and saunters off with the group.

Grand Lodge

Back on the River Queen the captain and crew make ready to sail, all they need is the destination.


hp 55/55 | AC 21, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor, +4 Dex, +1 Trait +2 Deflection, -1 dex, -1 size) | F +11 R +11, W +10 | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | CMB +6; CMD 16 Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft; Perception +6
Spoiler:
Melee (L) +1 bastard sword[/i] [dice]1d20+7 [/dice] ([dice]2d8+4 [/dice]/19-20) Ranged mwk composite longbow [dice]1d20+5 [/dice] [dice]1d8+2 [/dice]

Seraph stoically receives Justinian's response, betraying not an ounce of the anger she felt well up inside. Her voice was still just as even as before. "I assumed, it is often the center of ridicule. Though, if I thought so little of you, I'd not have crafted that shield." She looked sad momentarily, wanting to say more but knowing it didn't matter. She bows, her fists white knuckled, before adding. "Thanks for being straight. Let's get going." From there she had nothing to say, completely focused on the mission as she turned away. Moving to stand by Asta and abide by her wishes. She nods to Sunset as she passes her, sharing the same ideal future despite their differences.

At the Beldame's

The visit to the Beldame's is a quiet thing for Seraph, she waits outside the fence, her weapons stowed as she didn't expect a fight. She helps carry the coinage back to the River Queen.

Back on the River Queen

When they return to the River Queen she was the picture of patience and calm unlike earlier. She ran a thumb over the sashes engraved on her holy symbol. Content with whatever destination the group decided on.


:HP:08/27:Init+4:Perception:+8:AC:18(+4Dex,+4Mage armour):Fort +3,Ref+7,Will+5 Theme song

Standing by the railing of the vessel Sunset looks out over the lake.

"How close ye reckon we can sail an not attract attention from tha' beasties of tha' place?" Sunset asks. "We can have a look at the place... from a distance, like..." She suggests.


Female Human Winter Witch 5; Init +1; Senses Perception +3; AC 12 (+2 Dex.); hp 41; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +7

"Or we can head home now," Asta says. "Candlemere and the will o'the wisps can wait until we're better prepared; I've no use for ruins at the moment, and I'd like to know what's what back at Greenheart, myself."

Grand Lodge

Unless otherwise ordered the Captain turns the River Queen to steer for the city Staghart the capital of Greenhart.

Congratulations on reaching level 5! Please update your characters post any questions or notes in the Discussion tab.

Grand Lodge

As the River Queen pulls up to the landing outside GreenHart, Imiria is impatiently waiting there.

As soon as you disembark, the little witch breaks into a quick tirade "Where have you been! Short after you left a man who call himself Grigori started publicly speaking about what a terrible irresponsible group of so called leaders you are. He has half the town ready to run you off! We've been trying to keep order, hoping you be back sooner. You have to do something about him now."


:HP:08/27:Init+4:Perception:+8:AC:18(+4Dex,+4Mage armour):Fort +3,Ref+7,Will+5 Theme song

Sunset listens to what Imiria is saying... adjusting her hat a bit lower she nods to Imiria,

"Lead on young 'un." Sunset indicates heading straight to this new event.


hp 55/55 | AC 21, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor, +4 Dex, +1 Trait +2 Deflection, -1 dex, -1 size) | F +11 R +11, W +10 | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | CMB +6; CMD 16 Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft; Perception +6
Spoiler:
Melee (L) +1 bastard sword[/i] [dice]1d20+7 [/dice] ([dice]2d8+4 [/dice]/19-20) Ranged mwk composite longbow [dice]1d20+5 [/dice] [dice]1d8+2 [/dice]

Hearing that Seraph was greatly disheartened, wondering what had happened to her order and why they hadn't tried to prevent this.

She follows Imiria, gearing herself for the confrontation ahead. A dark part of her stirred, the beast that was willing but locked away. She focused on calm and put on her usual smile for those that knew her. She was prepared to defeat Grigori, because she could not allow him to take away Asta's dream.


Male Raven Familiar 4; Init. +2; Low-light vision; Perception +3; AC 15 (+2 Dex., +2 size, +1 natural); hp 3; Fort. +1, Ref. +4, Will +4

"I'll go rally the troops," Croft says without prompting, and he launches into the sky, winging his way towards the castle rookery.

Croft will be mobilizing the castle's ravens.


Female Human Winter Witch 5; Init +1; Senses Perception +3; AC 12 (+2 Dex.); hp 41; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +7

Asta lays a steadying hand on Imiria's shoulder and gives it a little squeeze.

"You have done well, Imiria. Thank you for helping to keep the home fires lit while we were away."

The elder Witch smiles at the younger, then releases her.

"Is this Grigori speaking right now? If so, we're going to need some horses to get there quickly. In any case, I want you to get back to the castle and put it on alert; rally the apprentices and the soldiers. I am relying on you to take charge there until we're back."

Asta turns to the others. "I want to try solving this matter through talk, if we can. These are our own people, not rampaging manticores or man-eating turtles. All the same, we should be prepared for violence. If we can pick up a party of outriders along the way, that might be good; they can wait within shouting distance."


:HP:08/27:Init+4:Perception:+8:AC:18(+4Dex,+4Mage armour):Fort +3,Ref+7,Will+5 Theme song

Wait? The docks aren't 'In town' as such? Dang... we need more roads and infrastucture and stuff. :P


hp 55/55 | AC 21, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor, +4 Dex, +1 Trait +2 Deflection, -1 dex, -1 size) | F +11 R +11, W +10 | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | CMB +6; CMD 16 Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft; Perception +6
Spoiler:
Melee (L) +1 bastard sword[/i] [dice]1d20+7 [/dice] ([dice]2d8+4 [/dice]/19-20) Ranged mwk composite longbow [dice]1d20+5 [/dice] [dice]1d8+2 [/dice]

She sets a hand lightly on Asta's arm. "Remain calm Milady, I promise you, I won't draw my weapon but we don't need the soldiers. Just horses. Because such actions will only prove he's right. So lets avoid this trap and face him, together." Seraph was determined, she'd ensure Asta saved face against this slanderous charlatan.

When Seraph sees Grigori, she will cast her Enhanced Diplomacy spell.

Lmao, we haven't built any docks, but the shore is just South town xD


Male Human Cleric of Iomedae 5 ac:19/11/18 hp: 42/42 f/r/w: 5/2/7 Perception +3 Init: +1 Channel 8/8

A most persnickety dig Asta - I love it! However...Justinian is built for just such an occasion. Persuasive Feat, Regal Presence trait, +11 on Diplomacy...yada...yada...you know all those reasons why he is the Diplomat for Greenheart. Once I get the new level finished, it will be even higher.

Justinian smiles at Asta's dig. "Indeed. I would caution everyone to maintain a calm demeanor while we approach this man. Let us listen to what he is saying. I urge you not to draw weapons OR cast any spells unless provoked."

He looks at Asta. "Who will speak for the kingdom in this initial meeting? I would suggest one point of contact lest we look like we have no clear leadership."


:HP:08/27:Init+4:Perception:+8:AC:18(+4Dex,+4Mage armour):Fort +3,Ref+7,Will+5 Theme song

As they walk/ride towards the encounter Sunset offers Justinian a glance.

"I plan on simply walkin' up ta' feller an' sayin' 'G-day' all freindly, like." She states.

"Some feller come in't town an' starts shootin' his mouth off? Why's it got'a be all politics? We say howdy. He says howdy. We head ta' nearest pub an' all start talkin', nice like, is what I reckon." Sunset nods her head.

"Simple, easy, drinkin' an' makin' freinds. What could possibly go wrong?"

Famous last words, hey? XD


Male Human Cleric of Iomedae 5 ac:19/11/18 hp: 42/42 f/r/w: 5/2/7 Perception +3 Init: +1 Channel 8/8

Justinian keeps his eyes straight ahead. "We shall see. I am not the one rallying flights of crows and troops at the castle."


Half Elf Hunter 5| HP 19/52| AC 18 T 12 FF 16| Fo +6 Re +6 Wi +4| Init +3| Percep +16| Spells: Lvl 2: 3/3; Lvl 1: 4/4

This is not Torod's area. He does his best to fade into the background and allows those better suited to this situation take the lead.


Female Human Winter Witch 5; Init +1; Senses Perception +3; AC 12 (+2 Dex.); hp 41; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +7

"Nix on the outriders, but I shall insist on putting the castle on alert. The last time an obvious move was made against us, it was a diversion meant to lure us into a trap. When we get to this Grigori.... Seraph, I am inclined to have you be our spokeswoman. You are the most popular among us, I should think. The rest of us will put in our two cents only if needed."


hp 55/55 | AC 21, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor, +4 Dex, +1 Trait +2 Deflection, -1 dex, -1 size) | F +11 R +11, W +10 | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | CMB +6; CMD 16 Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft; Perception +6
Spoiler:
Melee (L) +1 bastard sword[/i] [dice]1d20+7 [/dice] ([dice]2d8+4 [/dice]/19-20) Ranged mwk composite longbow [dice]1d20+5 [/dice] [dice]1d8+2 [/dice]

"Yes, Milady." She was a bit surprised but nodded. Doing as Asta wished, she'd do her best to defeat this charlatan.

Grand Lodge

Sunset wants to see this Grigori

Seraph follows readying herself for the confrontation

Croft goes to rally the ravens

Asta ask if grigori is speaking now, and sends Imiria to the castle to rally the apprentices and soldiers.

Seraph and Justinian advises a more restrained reaction.

Torod stands back ready to support the others.

Asta relents, but still insist on putting the castle on alert. She appoints Seraph to be the spokeswoman.

Imiria answers Asta, ”Yes he is speaking in the commons even now as he has done every day.” The young witch had the forethought to have horses ready for the Stagland leaders.

As you the rulers of the land come riding into the town’s commons mounted upon your steeds you can easily see over the crowd that is raptly listening to a heavy human male as he eloquently speaks out.

Grigori smiles as he see you enter the common square ”Your so called leaders are not here to help you, but to help themselves! The ruler is a witch people! She openly runs a coven of witches corrupting your children fattening them up for the feat to come. She has appointed two half demons as her General and Magister. Make no mistake she will call forth her true dark masters from the outer planes when the time is right! Just look at the signs, he has made packs with the evil fey mites and the scaly Kobolds tribe, given them free reign over prime lands that they were charged with turning into a kingdom!”

Taking a breath Grigory continues ”This half demon general is unabashed worshipper of a debased sex goddess. She has built a temple to fornication under the guise of a bathhouse, where she converts her followers into drunk whores whose goal is to severt the morality of you men folk!”

As the crowed voices agreement, Grigory proceeds ”The magister is a halfbreed from a unholy bond from another plane, she is a sorcerer and also worships the deprived of Arshea! Her ward and neice is a unnatural child and witch. Imiria likes sneaking and nosing into everyones buisness so much they made her the kingdom's spy! Who do you think she is spying on? You the good hardworking citizens of this land! You’ve come here hopping for a better life where you can work hard and be rewarded for your labors. A decent place that you can raise your families without fear. Why do they need a spy? I’ll tell you why, so that they can find and weed out those who see the leaders for what they really are! ”

The crowd rumbles with talk, but as they quite Grigory strikes again ”You leaders who are suppose to protect you, instead abandoned you to go gallivanting through the Narlmarches for sport. Leaving the town exposed to banditry, monster attacks and worse! Not long ago a werewolf killed one of your own daughters, where were the leaders? Out making plans with the mites and kobolds! They even appointed a kobold as kingdom Grand Diplomat. Why not they appointed a so called ex bandit as the Royal Enforcer. There is nothing ex about Kressel she would as soon rob you look at you. She didn’t quit being a bandit, she only go a promotion to Enforcer for the new band of bandits they just call themselves a kingdom now. And what did she do to earn that promotion, she used her womanly ways to entrap the old priest Jhod. She controls the priest of Erastil that leads you! They even made him high Priest of the kingdom showing how much they have corrupted him with power!”

The crowd cheers in agreement with him.

Grigory's speeches over the past few days have caused the people to question the kingdom's rule. There are 2 points of unrest in the kingdom so far."


:HP:08/27:Init+4:Perception:+8:AC:18(+4Dex,+4Mage armour):Fort +3,Ref+7,Will+5 Theme song

Hearing the man's words causes Sunset to pull her horse up short. She dismounts easily, fastening the rigns to a nearby post. That done she simply begins walking straight towards the fellow.

She does nothing to hide the fact that she seems a tad put out but what she's just heard him say.

How well does the crowd part for Sunset to approach Grigory?


hp 55/55 | AC 21, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor, +4 Dex, +1 Trait +2 Deflection, -1 dex, -1 size) | F +11 R +11, W +10 | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | CMB +6; CMD 16 Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft; Perception +6
Spoiler:
Melee (L) +1 bastard sword[/i] [dice]1d20+7 [/dice] ([dice]2d8+4 [/dice]/19-20) Ranged mwk composite longbow [dice]1d20+5 [/dice] [dice]1d8+2 [/dice]

"Thank you Imiria, your efforts are always appreciated." Seraph takes a steadying breath when they reach town and girds herself for the spectacle they are faced with.

Perception - Anything strange about the crowds?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

She was honestly shocked as to what she was seeing, the people were agreeing with this unknown dissenter. Though, despite her disappointment, she didn't let it show. She dismounts, unclipping sword and bow and leaving them on Julius. As she did so she spoke to everyone. "Justinian, i'll need you for this. Asta, everyone, if this turns ugly you do your best to get out of here but do not let this man taint your spirits."

She shifts items from one bag to the next, the Manticore spikes, a rattlecap mushroom, her torn clothes from the fight with the turtle and finally she hefts Crackjaw's turtle shell. "" She stole glances as she worked, though once her bag was finished she resisted the urge to cast her diplomacy spell. She'd beat him at his own game, without magic.

As he was wrapping up his hateful rhetoric she was just stepping into the middle of the crowd, making her way towards him and pleasantly excusing herself as she tried to carry the burdensome turtleshell as well. The very symbol of serenity as she greeted the faces that, even now, were possibly looking back at her warily. She knew these people and, they her, which meant she'd do anything to protect them.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Once she was standing beside Grigori she sets the turtle shell down,
letting the crowd see the battleworn shell Crackjaw once resided in before setting her pack on top. She then turned to Grigori and extended her hand in greeting, removing her gauntlet so as to properly greet him. "A pleasure to meet you Mr. Grigori, Seraph of House Starsky." Whether or not he shakes her hand doesn't phase her as she turns to look at the crowd raising her voice so she can be heard. "Hello and good tidings everyone, i'd had hoped to see you all in a more pleasant mood but it seems we have much to discuss instead."

GM Glyn wrote:
”Your so called leaders are not here to help you, but to help themselves! The ruler is a witch people! She openly runs a coven of witches corrupting your children fattening them up for the feat to come. She has appointed two half demons as her General and Magister. Make no mistake she will call forth her true dark masters from the outer planes when the time is right! Just look at the signs, he has made packs with the evil fey mites and the scaly Kobolds tribe, given them free reign over prime lands that they were charged with turning into a kingdom!”

"My good people, you know me, I have toiled with you from sun up to sundown. Freely giving my time and ear to see all of us succeed and voices heard. You witnessed my oath to never lie and I meant it. So hear me now as many of you have before." She walks along the front of the crowd, looking at everyone she passes, nodding to familiar faces and giving all a smile in greeting as she continued speaking. "Lady Asta came to this land with a sense of honor and good will unlike any I have seen before, her dream soon became my own because as what she sought to create was what I wanted as well. A kingdom with strong bonds and alliances so that we could all rise as one. Inviting diversity, opportunities and friendships you'd never see in Brevoy or elsewhere! Because we are a pweople who honor our word and bond! She also sought to find those with gifts in an effort to fan the flame and make them productive members of society. Not fearful outcasts, afraid of those who cling to dark prejudices!"

She stands before the center of the crowd then, hands spread wide. "I serve no one but the people I wish to protect and that is Asta and all of You! Asta and the council sought to keep taxes low and built places useful for all of us like a Library. And we will continue to do so!"

Quote:
”This half demon general is unabashed worshipper of a debased sex goddess. She has built a temple to fornication under the guise of a bathhouse, where she converts her followers into drunk whores whose goal is to severt the morality of you men folk!”

She shakes her head as she speaks before looking at those familiar faces before her. "Yes, I have tainted blood but I am not a demon. Born and abandoned on the streets of Restov, I suffered years of... horrible treatment before I was finally adopted. My part celestial mother taught me to let go of the hatred that had helped me survive and embrace self-realization so I could thrive. She was the same faith as I and Arshea teaches to uplift the oppressed, to give succor to the weary." She points to the bathhouse then. "That is not a temple, the only temple is that of Erastil's to the northwest of here and though the Swan order works there. They are only doing so to keep it clean and well maintained. So we can avoid sickness and so we can soak after a long day's toils in peace and safety. Those who wish to learn can ask but that is your choice. Always!"

K-Local - What do we know about Grigory?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
K-Local - What has the efforts of the council brought in the way of good fortune to the people of the kingdom?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
K-Local - What has ASta's "Coven" done in ways to help the populace? Such as helping troubled sorcerous youths not destroy themselves or nurturing witches to use their powers to aid instead of injure?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Quote:
”The magister is a halfbreed from a unholy bond from another plane, she is a sorcerer and also worships the deprived of Arshea! Her ward and neice is a unnatural child and witch. Imiria likes sneaking and nosing into everyones buisness so much they made her the kingdom's spy! Who do you think she is spying on? You the good hardworking citizens of this land! You’ve come here hopping for a better life where you can work hard and be rewarded for your labors. A decent place that you can raise your families without fear. Why do they need a spy? I’ll tell you why, so that they can find and weed out those who see the leaders for what they really are!”
Quote:

”You leaders who are suppose to protect you, instead abandoned you to go gallivanting through the Narlmarches for sport. Leaving the town exposed to banditry, monster attacks and worse! Not long ago a werewolf killed one of your own daughters, where were the leaders? Out making plans with the mites and kobolds! They even appointed a kobold as kingdom Grand Diplomat. Why not they appointed a so called ex bandit as the Royal Enforcer. There is nothing ex about Kressel she would as soon rob you look at you. She didn’t quit being a bandit, she only go a promotion to Enforcer for the new band of bandits they just call themselves a kingdom now. And what did she do to earn that promotion, she used her womanly ways to entrap the old priest Jhod. She controls the priest of Erastil that leads you! They even made him high Priest of the kingdom showing how much they have corrupted him with power!”

"Who shall we persecute next? The lame? The infirm? Dwarve's? It's sad I must point out our beautiful Magister Sunset is both celestial in bloodline and deed when it is obvious. And Kressel... Kressel turned away from banditry, aided us in overthrowing a bloody tyrant! Then found love in a Erastillian priest named Jhod. It's a story that should be sung of not muddied so viciously." She looks at the crowd speaking not in an attempt to shame but to make them realize the obvious. "You are all better than this and I know this to be true."

She faced every claim with hope, truth and spirit. "We left on the River Queen, yes, not to 'abandon you'!" She empties out the bag as she explains each item in turn. "But to face down beasts like ole' Crackjaw, manticores and man-eating plants the size of great oak trees! Because we won't sit on a posh chair and arrogantly assigned deadly tasks with no care! Instead we made safe what places we could for our huntsmen, farmers and fishermen!"

"For those of you who don't know... This right here is our True Grand Diplomat, may he forever shield this kingdom!" She presents Justinian then, setting a hand on his shoulder as she spoke. "Justinian Doran! A decorated soldier and a man who has faced true demons in the broken lands of the Worldwound. Who came here in good faith to aid our lands! A man of Iomedae and our friend. Justinian, if you please?" She hands it over to him, mingling with the crowd again, showing them the manticore spikes and presenting ole' Crackjaws shell in a way it wouldn't distract from Justinian's speech.


:HP:08/27:Init+4:Perception:+8:AC:18(+4Dex,+4Mage armour):Fort +3,Ref+7,Will+5 Theme song

Sunset comnes to the edge of the crowd... and listens to Seraph's counter speach....

Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

She watches Grigory, her anger about his comments still simmering...

Yah.... no sense motive for Sunset...


Half Elf Hunter 5| HP 19/52| AC 18 T 12 FF 16| Fo +6 Re +6 Wi +4| Init +3| Percep +16| Spells: Lvl 2: 3/3; Lvl 1: 4/4

Torod looks to Strawberry Deathstrike. She nods as if they were communicating silently, and moves to stay close to Asta. He stays toward the rear of the crowd looking for any who seem to be in league with Grigori. Helping him to rabble-rouse.

Perception 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Sense Motive 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

He recognizes that Grigori's jabs at Jhod and his other friends are designed to antagonize the group he is still irked by them. He tries to remain impassive behind his Elk-headed helm.


Female Human Winter Witch 5; Init +1; Senses Perception +3; AC 12 (+2 Dex.); hp 41; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +7

Asta remains seated on her horse, calmly watching events unfold.
Well.... seeming to be calm, anyway. From time to time, her arctic blue eyes spark baleful crimson, but she tries to keep this in check.

Bluff to hide true feelings: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Before attention is drawn to her, the Witch mutters a single Word of Power under her breath, augmenting her vision of the scene.

Detect magic active. Is this Grigori using more than rhetoric to make us look bad?

Asta purses her lips in a thoughtful manner as Grigori grinds to a halt and Seraph starts talking. She smiles a little, and half-closes her eyes as she listens .... and watches .... and waits.

Empathic command to Croft to keep his ravens at a distance.

Grand Lodge

Sunset approaches the towards Grigory. The crowd parts around her like a school of fish about a shark.

Seraph does not spot anything strange in the crowd, it’s made up of the town folk. Disarming herself, the tiefling takes her time shifting gear and then approaching Grigori. The crowd parts around her as they did for Sunset.

Grigori making no threatening actions, watches Seraph closely with some apprehension as she approaches. When offered he declines ”Sorry, my mother warned me not to shake the hand of a demon or you'll lose your soul.”

Grigori diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Seraph wrote:

"My good people, you know me, I have toiled with you from sun up to sundown. Freely giving my time and ear to see all of us succeed and voices heard. You witnessed my oath to never lie and I meant it. So hear me now as many of you have before."

Grigori comments sarcastically ”Hmp, trust a half demon when she tells you she will never lie”

Seraph wrote:

"Yes, I have tainted blood but I am not a demon. Born and abandoned on the streets of Restov, I suffered years of... horrible treatment before I was finally adopted. My part celestial mother taught me to let go of the hatred that had helped me survive and embrace self-realization so I could thrive. She was the same faith as I and Arshea teaches to uplift the oppressed, to give succor to the weary." She points to the bathhouse then. "That is not a temple, the only temple is that of Erastil's to the northwest of here and though the Swan order works there. They are only doing so to keep it clean and well maintained. So we can avoid sickness and so we can soak after a long day's toils in peace and safety. Those who wish to learn can ask but that is your choice. Always!"

Again Grigori remarks ”Not a demon? You have horns, a demon tail and probably cloven hooves for feet! As for Arshea, a washed up deity from another time who’s morals are looser that a goose!”

Seraph - doesn't know much about Grigori, he is not a local. He doesn't look like much of a fighter, more like a talker {bard}

Good Efforts of the council - created the kingdom, stopped the werewolf Kundal that killed a young woman he is cured, but still a captive at Erastil temple for nearly a year. Stopped the bandits that tried to kill the leaders, two are still in the dungeon for about half a year.

Asta’s coven is small, they are training a few girls in the way of witches.

Seraph wrote:

"Who shall we persecute next? The lame? The infirm? Dwarve's? It's sad I must point out our beautiful Magister Sunset is both celestial in bloodline and deed when it is obvious. And Kressel... Kressel turned away from banditry, aided us in overthrowing a bloody tyrant! Then found love in a Erastillian priest named Jhod. It's a story that should be sung of not muddied so viciously." She looks at the crowd speaking not in an attempt to shame but to make them realize the obvious. "You are all better than this and I know this to be true."

Grigori shakes his head ”The Magister is another half breed tainted with outsider blood created in an unholy union. Kressel helped you murder her boss, so you could install a new tyrant. She has benefited well for her change in alignace!”

After Seraph goes through the list of the creatures they fought and introduces Justinian.

Grigori comments ”Yes a soldier and follower of Iomedae, who faced demons, who now works side by side with a half demon and a celestial half breed. They don’t call it the broken lands for nothing, it breaks the soldiers too!”

Continuing, ”As for your noble hunting jant, did you come across a real threat to the people like the swamp witch. It is well know that she like you have sold her soul to dark forces and that she steals children from the good folk of this land!”

Sunset simmers at the edge of the crowd, she see no physical threats.

Torod stays close to Astr and looks the crowd over for possible accomplices of Grigori, but it appears the rabble-rouser is unaided by anyone.

Seraph is more convincing on the whole than Grigori, but they both made strong arguments. {Day one goes to Seraph!} It would still take several more days of out talking Grigori for the people to stop listening to him.


:HP:08/27:Init+4:Perception:+8:AC:18(+4Dex,+4Mage armour):Fort +3,Ref+7,Will+5 Theme song

Sunset waits. At Grigory's comments about herself a second time her motions still into a statue like freeze. Sunset remains so, hands set upon hips, as Seraph introduces Justinian.

Sunset will have a say before she's going to let the fellow walk away from this particular encounter..... Patience is a virtue, Justinian has the floor.......

Dang there Seraph! Dueling post times! I can hear tha' banjo's playin' loud as I type. XD


hp 55/55 | AC 21, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor, +4 Dex, +1 Trait +2 Deflection, -1 dex, -1 size) | F +11 R +11, W +10 | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | CMB +6; CMD 16 Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft; Perception +6
Spoiler:
Melee (L) +1 bastard sword[/i] [dice]1d20+7 [/dice] ([dice]2d8+4 [/dice]/19-20) Ranged mwk composite longbow [dice]1d20+5 [/dice] [dice]1d8+2 [/dice]

Seraph was unphased at Grigori, instead smiling at his audacious claims like they were a good joke from a unruly child and applauding him when his stories as she told the crowd reached a new height of absurdity. She treated him respectfully but decided better to get in Grigori's head and let the crowd see he was all bluster.

I am assuming the crowds disperse for the day then? If so then the below applies.

When she was away from the crowds and prying eyes her resolve folded. She went to the training yard to blow off steam. Once she was feeling better she sought out Asta and sat heavily at her side. "This man is vicious, he aims to be divisive and is a complete and utter demagogue who has never seen a hard days work. But how do I defeat such malicious hate when his words stir so many?"

GM Glyn Did you see Asta's post?

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

No missed Asta's post. added below

Asta is mostly unreadable as she watches the contest of words. She doesn't detect magic being used though she does detect several magic items on Grigoir a rapier, potions and scrolls.

The crowd disperses after the speeches, Grigori and quite a few towns people go to the tavern for drinks.


Female Human Winter Witch 5; Init +1; Senses Perception +3; AC 12 (+2 Dex.); hp 41; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +7

If possible....

Asta casually leans over to a member of the crowd close enough to hear her before the people disperse, and whispers: "My word, he certainly knows a lot about what he says goes on in the bathhouse! I wonder how much time he spent there, checking everything out."

The Witch Queen follows this remark up with a humorous wink.

"In any case," she says out loud, "I'm amazed he knows so much about what I'm doing in my lessons, teaching young people to read, write, history, herbology, and yes, the proper application of magic to serve and protect the people. I've never seen him there."

Bluff to reduce confidence in Grigori and maybe sow some doubt about his character: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Once we're amongst ourselves again:

Riding back to the castle, Asta draws the others closer and mutters a warning:

"That man knows too much. Something about him is off. He wasn't casting on the crowd, but he was carrying magical equipment. Expensive stuff, most likely. We may be facing a diplomatic offensive, rather than a military one."


hp 55/55 | AC 21, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor, +4 Dex, +1 Trait +2 Deflection, -1 dex, -1 size) | F +11 R +11, W +10 | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | CMB +6; CMD 16 Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft; Perception +6
Spoiler:
Melee (L) +1 bastard sword[/i] [dice]1d20+7 [/dice] ([dice]2d8+4 [/dice]/19-20) Ranged mwk composite longbow [dice]1d20+5 [/dice] [dice]1d8+2 [/dice]

Seraph nods at Asta's words, seeing it more clearly now. She had been distracted by his slandering but it hit her. "A spy, but whose?"

After speaking with Asta and the others Seraph decides to head to the Inn Is that the Tavern also?. She mainly went there to make sure the Innkeeper was doing well, concerned as she was that this incitor could be having those that are still loyal being treated unfairly...

Diplomacy - IMprove Townspeople's trust in each other and the council as needed +Vow to self to use it for the day.: 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 4 = 31 She is mainly aiming to keep bonds established.

If she happened to run into Grigori she treats him as well as she would anyone else though it's a cool respect.

Once she had checked on their once staunchest supporters she calls it an early night, sleeping just two hours before the moon was at its highest and awakening just as it started to dip. She rolled the ring around her knuckles, its aid was sorely needed if she wanted to beat this trickster. She had to e where he wasn't before him and renew the peoples faith that he had so easily tore down.

If there i another gathering or indication of one then Seraph aim to beat Grigori to the punch and get there first.


Female Human Winter Witch 5; Init +1; Senses Perception +3; AC 12 (+2 Dex.); hp 41; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +7

Before turning in, Asta calls her apprentices together, including Imiria.

"There are slanderous rumours being spread around," she says. "People are prepared to believe the worst of Witches at the best of times, so we must be careful. I plan to combat these rumours through a strategy of .... transparency. We will continue our lessons as normal, and we will do so openly, in the throne room where all can see. When you go home to your families, I want you to invite any relatives who are curious or worried to come along and attend as my guests."


Um.. I think we missed a bit back there.... Jus' sayin'...


hp 55/55 | AC 21, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor, +4 Dex, +1 Trait +2 Deflection, -1 dex, -1 size) | F +11 R +11, W +10 | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | CMB +6; CMD 16 Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft; Perception +6
Spoiler:
Melee (L) +1 bastard sword[/i] [dice]1d20+7 [/dice] ([dice]2d8+4 [/dice]/19-20) Ranged mwk composite longbow [dice]1d20+5 [/dice] [dice]1d8+2 [/dice]

What did we miss Sunset? This may be a brain dead moment for me but I'm curious haha. The last bit you mean? Yeah. I got in a rush there. My bad. :/

4,701 to 4,750 of 5,011 << first < prev | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Once & Future Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.