Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

The Once & Future KingMaker

Game Master GHembree

MAPS:
Torod's Greenbelt map {link}

Battle Map


4,951 to 5,000 of 5,483 << first < prev | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | next > last >>

hp 55/55 | AC 23, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor, +4 Dex, +1 Trait +2 deflect) | F +11 R +11, W +10 | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | CMB +8 (+2 DF, BL+); CMD 18 (+2 Deflect) Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft; Perception +6
Spoiler:
Melee (L) +1 bastard sword[/i] [dice]1d20+7 [/dice] ([dice]2d8+4 [/dice]/19-20) Ranged mwk composite longbow [dice]1d20+5 [/dice] [dice]1d8+2 [/dice]

Before the injured family departed Seraph approached them, she pulled out a pouch and handed it to the bereaved mother. "I am sorry for your loss and hope that this will cover expenses while you start new lives here. Also, if you ever need to speak with me send word to the castle or through the Bathhouse. I will do my best to see you as soon as I am free to do so." She wasn't so vain as to think of adding them to her following, instead if they joined over time she would be overjoyed but for now she was focused on dealing with the Mite threat. Harshly, at that. She stays long enough to answer any questions before heading off to be with Asta once more.

Diplomacy +whatever 100 gp gives as a modifier, probably not much seeing as their son died.: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Removing 100 GP from character sheet.

Asta

When her and Asta were somewhat alone, without the prying eye of the public mainly, she spoke. "While they enjoy their festival I guess its time we made quick decisions milady." She stood before her Queen as a subject should, polite and respectful as she made her suggestions. "I believe it's time we spoke with Jhod and Kressel and inquired on Kundal's condition and if we are planning on releasing him. If so, I suggest to do so quickly."

"The remaining prisoners... I politely request to send word to the church of the Lucky Drunk and see as to how they want us to deal with them. For attempted regicide and the murder of a visiting priest I can only suspect they will be executed. If so then I request to do it myself." She raises a hand to pause any comment as she finished her proposal. "The reason I suggest this, regardless of our promise to set them free, is that they accept money to assassinate us. Such action warranted only a death sentence. The murder of the priest may mean they hang elsewhere but I would deny such requests and finish this here. Allowing no chance for escape and recurring attempts."

"I suggest this only to silence Grigori's pitiful claims of unjust rule. He has a point, though reaching at best, but it is time we dealt with these issues."

"Besides that, I have already voiced my want to raise an army within the next month. With the Mite threat I imagine casualties will increase among the settlers coming south and our kobold allies. Therefore I will be pressing for a formalized force to be created. So long as you support such action, I can and will donate to the cause if needed to outfit this fighting force." She gives a small smile then. "I would like to teach you celestial in time, because not being able to speak with you is... frustrating... in and outside of combat. That is if you wish to learn it." With that she bows her head, finished speaking and awaits Asta's response.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Winter Witch 5; Init +1; Senses Perception +3; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 mage armour); hp 41; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +7

"On the matter of Kundal, agreed," Asta says.
"As to the assassins, I would have a ruling by the full council.
As to the army.... agreed. Full speed ahead; we need more than Outriders. Try to get as many trained in the use of the longbow or crossbow as you can.
In time, it would please me to learn this celestial language," the Witch Queen adds as she rubs her forehead. "But not right now. I am.... a little under the weather."

Asta sighs.
"I'm going to bed for a while. But wake me if that cur Grigori starts another presentation of lies. I should attend as Queen this time, not as an anonymous bystander."

Fort. save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


hp 55/55 | AC 23, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor, +4 Dex, +1 Trait +2 deflect) | F +11 R +11, W +10 | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | CMB +8 (+2 DF, BL+); CMD 18 (+2 Deflect) Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft; Perception +6
Spoiler:
Melee (L) +1 bastard sword[/i] [dice]1d20+7 [/dice] ([dice]2d8+4 [/dice]/19-20) Ranged mwk composite longbow [dice]1d20+5 [/dice] [dice]1d8+2 [/dice]

She nods, bowing her head with a salute as she speaks. "Understood, I will see it done and abide by your wishes.
"
Relieved she was more relaxed as she spoke this time, formalities set aside for now. "I will make some tea for you. I will see if Justinian can alleviate what ails you Asta. For now I hope you get some sleep." Unless Asta halts her she does exactly as she says, having a attendee make the pot of herbal tea. Which she purified out of sight from others before giving it to Asta. She seeks out Justinian by way of a messenger.

Tonight she wouldn't stray far from Asta's side...

Grand Lodge

The family is grateful for the aid, but in shock at there lost and near honorific death at the hands of the mites. The people have taken them in and found them a place to stay.

After hearing the family's plight with the mites, there are plenty of able body citizens ready to form a militia.

Seraph learns through her inquires that Kundal is a model prisoner, helping with chores and clearing undergrowth from the temple ruins. He has not shown any signs of werewolf change in the six plus months he's been there.

As for the two prisoners left from the ambush, they are still in the dungeon, looking worse for the wear. It would take about a week to get a message back from the Cayden Cailean Church. It will be something along the lines of "For there cowardly deed they should be given a chance to redeem themselves. Offer them trail by combat facing ether a champion of your choosing or summoned celestial hounds of Cayden. They should be given a weapon and large mug. For redemption they should sing a song in praise of freedom, bravery, and Cayden's glory (and good looks). The song must be audible to those nearby—friend or foe. Between stanzas, they must pause to drink from a full mug of ale, wine, or other spirits. When the song is done, they are to drink the remaining alcohol while mentally composing the song they will sing on the morrow. In confronting their foe or creatures, they do their best to engage it in conversation about the merits of Cayden Cailean. If hostilities become inevitable, leap boldly into the fight without hesitation. If they have redeemed themselves set them free."

It's near's noon and Girgori having gathered information is prepared to give a speech soon.


Half Elf Hunter 5| HP 52/52| AC 18 (20) T 12 FF 16 (18)| Fo +6 Re +6 Wi +4| Init +3| Percep +16| Spells: Lvl 2: 2/3; Lvl 1: 2/4

So we've been able to sleep?
Torod will go along with Asta and Seraph. He'll be in full gear, like he's ready to go out to battle at any moment. Strawberry will not be with him. She'll be out patrolling. On the look out for mites.


hp 55/55 | AC 23, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor, +4 Dex, +1 Trait +2 deflect) | F +11 R +11, W +10 | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | CMB +8 (+2 DF, BL+); CMD 18 (+2 Deflect) Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft; Perception +6
Spoiler:
Melee (L) +1 bastard sword[/i] [dice]1d20+7 [/dice] ([dice]2d8+4 [/dice]/19-20) Ranged mwk composite longbow [dice]1d20+5 [/dice] [dice]1d8+2 [/dice]

The night before

"Tell everyone not to make any drastic moves until we speak again in the morning. The Council will not take this tragedy lightly, no. The mites will rue this day!" she draws her sword, raising the large bastard sword to gleam in the moonlight. "They spat on our attempts at peace, so now they will taste defeat in war. Our allies the Kobolds will stand with us." She sheathed her sword, again encouraging the gathered people to remain steady and ready to move once the Council spoke in the morning.

The last thing they needed was an unruly mob, more lamb to ambush by the mites. No, they needed to approach with caution.

Diplomacy - encourage people to wait until morning to hear from Asta before forming the militia: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

Before Noon

She informs the others of her findings and of the church of the Lucky Drunk's response. There answer was something she definitely agreed with. However with the Mite war she was more then apt to gather a militia and take down this menace once and for all. Grigori was the last thing she was concerned with now that this threat loomed on the horizon. "We do not lack for volunteers and I think it's time we move to gather them while the iron is hot. I have cautioned them to wait for our call but I don't know what Grigori will do. So I think it best we silence him today. In all honesty his attempts at sedition are obvious, he is working for someone. Much like the "Freedom Fighters" he so defended."

She didn't smile as she suggested. "I honestly hope he tries again... Because today we will shatter him."

Grand Lodge

At noon Grigori stands before the gathered crowd, ”Friends and concerned citizens of stagland, I know many of you are concerned, fearful even outraged at the events that took place yesterday.”

”You should be! Mites are evil fey creatures and anyone to think otherwise are fools!”

”Your leaders acted boldly to save the poor family that had been sentenced to a horrendous death by the mites for nothing more than being ignorant of the border agreement between stagland and the mite state.”

”It was a brave thing your leaders did when they acted in haste after failing to negotiate the family’s freedom, despite offering them more territory. Their quick actions did manage to save most of the family from a cruel death and for that they should be applauded, perhaps they should be given a day of rest where they might go fishing in peace. Hero’s they maybe, but at what cost? A dead son, a war with fey creatures, and a oath broken? The future maybe uncertain, how many more must die due to your leader’s choices?”

”The treaty with the Mites should have never been made! A riverfolk knows they must keep their oaths or die trying. The reason the family was placed in mortal danger in the first place was because your leaders made an oath to respect the mite’s sovertry! Few of us would have been able to standby and watch the the mites slaughter a family which by fate’s chance could have been any of us, but your leaders must be willing to take into account the greater good! Their choices past and future have have life and death consequences for those who choose to live in Stagland. Yes they saved three lives, but they are now oathbreakers! The kingdom is at war with the mites, which may very well cost more lives, land and property! Will Stagland be able to call upon treaties with others in defense, and who would make a new treaty with your leaders, knowing they will not keep their oath? You know what the second river freedom as hard as it might be!”

Torod and Asta make a Will save vs DC17 if you are at Grigori’s speech.

if saved:

You find his talk to be fascinating, but you resisted and shake off the temptation to listen passively.
You know you Resisted a Supernatural effect. No spell was cast to your knowledge.

if failed:
You are Fascinated by his talk for the next two rounds.
Fascinated: The creature stands or sits quietly, taking no actions other than to pay attention to the fascinating effect, for as long as the effect lasts. It takes a –4 penalty on skill checks made as reactions, such as Perception checks. Any potential threat, such as a hostile creature approaching, allows the fascinated creature a new saving throw against the fascinating effect. Any obvious threat, such as someone drawing a weapon, casting a spell, or aiming a ranged weapon at the fascinated creature, automatically breaks the effect. A fascinated creature's ally may shake it free of the spell as a standard action.

If you failed. Make a second will save vs DC 17. If you fail that read the next spoiler marked Go Fish

Go Fish (read only if instructed to):

You feel, you have earned the right to take a day off and go fishing! You go fishing for the next six hours.


Female Human Winter Witch 5; Init +1; Senses Perception +3; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 mage armour); hp 41; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +7

Will save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11. Oh, fudgebunnies. Second Will save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17. Whew!

Asta does attend Grigori's speech. She attends it with bells on -- or rather, with ravens settling down on every roof in the vicinity, sitting and watching in full sight of the people.
And so is Asta; seated on horseback and dressed in black, the Witch Queen quietly listens to Grigori's words without saying a word.
But her expression is cold as midwinter frost.

Someone'll have to give me a shake....


Male Raven Familiar 4; Init. +2; Low-light vision; Perception +3; AC 15 (+2 Dex., +2 size, +1 natural); hp 3; Fort. +1, Ref. +4, Will +4

Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 Who'd'a thunk it? :D One standard action to shake Asta out of it....

Croft ruffles his feathers as Grigori speaks, casts a suspicious glance at the man -- and suddenly starts to caw loudly, jolting Asta: "Spellcaster! Spellcaster!"

Grand Lodge

Sorry, only Asta and Torod where targeted, and no spell or spell like ability was cast. Croft or others can only tell if they are under an enchantment (due to acting strange) via a sense motive roll DC25 or (detect magic & K(arcane) DC22).


Male Raven Familiar 4; Init. +2; Low-light vision; Perception +3; AC 15 (+2 Dex., +2 size, +1 natural); hp 3; Fort. +1, Ref. +4, Will +4

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Dammit. Over to you, Torod.


Half Elf Hunter 5| HP 52/52| AC 18 (20) T 12 FF 16 (18)| Fo +6 Re +6 Wi +4| Init +3| Percep +16| Spells: Lvl 2: 2/3; Lvl 1: 2/4

Before going to the speach, Torod casts Lesser Restoration on himself, Sunset, and Asta
Lesser Restoration, self: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Lesser Restoration, Sunset: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Lesser Restoration, Asta: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Don't forget you heal one point back for a full night's rest.

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulson.
I presume at least one of those bonuses apply and I pass. If so...
Torod leans over to Asta and asks "Did you feel that?" It is then he notices that she does not respond to him. "Asta. Asta!" He reaches out and shakes her. "I know his speech is boring, Queen Asta, but surely you can keep from falling asleep right now."


Female Human Winter Witch 5; Init +1; Senses Perception +3; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 mage armour); hp 41; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +7

Asta shakes herself, eyes blinking -- then narrowing.

"The last time we heard him speak, he cast a spell on the people to force them to listen to him," she says, her voice tight. "I must be more tired than I thought. Now. Let's go have a word, shall we?"


hp 55/55 | AC 23, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor, +4 Dex, +1 Trait +2 deflect) | F +11 R +11, W +10 | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | CMB +8 (+2 DF, BL+); CMD 18 (+2 Deflect) Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft; Perception +6
Spoiler:
Melee (L) +1 bastard sword[/i] [dice]1d20+7 [/dice] ([dice]2d8+4 [/dice]/19-20) Ranged mwk composite longbow [dice]1d20+5 [/dice] [dice]1d8+2 [/dice]

Seraph was there, in full battle dress with Julius beside her. Her breasts were binded, her horns were gleaming and her armor shined in the noon day sun. As Grigori starts his tirade she stares out at the crowd.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

She says a prayer to Arshea before stepping forward. "Let my words be heard clearly lady of Abandon."

Cast enhanced diplomacy

"Thank you, but we decline. Please feel free to go without us Grigori. Does anyone wish to join him?" She waves a hand over the crowd, waiting for someone to speak up. "No? Good." Her facial features turn solemn as she speaks. "The most important thing is not the Mites, nor the happenings of last night. But that last night we lost a child, a father's son, a mother's child. Snatched away by uncaring hands. So I ask now for a moment of silence, in honor of the one we lost." She stands in silence, gripping her holy symbol as she hopes for the child's judgement to be fair and unbiased in the court of the gods. After nearly thirty seconds she speaks again. "Thank you all. Now. Let's be serious."

She pulls forth a document and unfurls it to the section she found applied to the situation. "Mite treaty, section dealing in 'PEACE', I will recite the passages that matter most to this conflict between our two nations.
Consequently, both signatories agree to
#2 - not molest individuals found away from the opposite nation
#5 - accept deliberation from the Stolen Lands Group in case of rising conflict, to prevent war and improve chances of lasting peace."
She then offers the treaty to the people in the crowd to read, not Grigori initially. She does not part with it however before then showing Grigori.

Her point made she speaks again. "So Grigori is clearly mistakened." She holds up two fingers. "On both points and more, the Mites broke their treaty with us by molesting those en route to our city regardless of an accidental crossing. They did not try to get a toll or make the family pay a fine for the crossing. The family had no armaments to speak of, so calling it an invasion is just a fallacy. They sent no word of this incident to us, nor did we meet a messenger on our way to see them. So clearly they had no regard or care in violating the agreement! Then they had the gall to ask us to make a choice which was unwholesome and unacceptable. They willingly and purposefully failed to uphold fair deliberation before dealing out a death sentence to a family of unarmed travelers. They even went so far as to attempt to strongarm us by taking our people as hostages!"

She spreads her arms wide. "So had we bent to their demands where would it end? Who else would they take? Would we continue to bend, again and again? The treaty was made in good faith which thy tried to take advantage and failed. At great cost but one we shall not repeat!" Her face turns angry. "It is clear who the true Oathbreakers are unequivocally. Any who think otherwise are truly blind." She looks between the crowd and then stares briefly at Grigori before turning away from him as she speaks again. "Besides that seeking peace should be more desirable than unending war, which is not only folly but madness. It would mean burdening our people because of our avarice and xenophobia, which would lead unerringly to us dying out as a Nation. So we don't not engage in war lightly or without consideration however..." She draws her blade then and raises it to shine in the noon day sun. Her voice passionate and without reservation. "... but for a violation of the peace, so blatant and barbaric there can be no recourse but to go to war. I swore thrice to defend this nation, whether from the depredation of hostile creatures, armed threat or Sedition at home by foreign or domestic powers. We the council and I personally will not allow those that actively threaten our people to go unchallenged!"

Diplomacy +enhanced Diplomacy +vow to self to blow Grigori's bs out of the water.: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 2 + 4 = 38

She sets the blade point down and holds the hilt as she speaks to those assembled. "So now this discussion is past. Today the Mites barbarism shall not go unchallenged. We will not suffer further trespass and the Kobold's stand with us. So let it be so known we are forming a Militia to deal with this threat! Those who wish to join us may volunteer and I will be leading the militia force personally foremost in battle! So, Who will join me?"

Diplomacy to gather militia force: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24


:HP:26/27 -2 STR:Init+4:Perception:+8:AC:18(+4Dex,+4Mage armour):Fort +3,Ref+7,Will+5 Theme song

Very sorry. Very busy with work. Phone not able to post to boards. :(

Sunset escorts every one back to town. The trip using Seraph's valiant stead and poor Fluff taking most of the night. She does travel with Asta to the castle but, with nothing further happening that evening, she returns to her home stead.

There she sets about making a large fire in the main yard, setting much wood and kindling to lioght... before stripping all her clothing off and tossing itinto the fire. (No, not the weapons. :P).

After watching the configration burn for a while... she walks off into the barn/house and comes back woth alchemists fore to add to the blaze to increase the power of the flames.

It is only after all of her vermin riddled clothing is definately reduced to a fine ash that Sunset sets about making and enjoying a very long, steaming hot bath.

Come the morning finds Sunset in her second best clothes wearing her dark lenses over her eyes and her searching the town's stores for a new hat.

As people gather to listen to the speaches of te new day Sunset remains quet at the back of the crowd, her clothes and manners no different form any of the other farmers gathered to hear what people say.

No spells on Sunset. :)

After Seraph's rousing speach Sunset is stirred to cheer and 'Aye!' in agreement.

"Damn fine speach there, luv!"

Grand Lodge

Grigori Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21

Grigori smiles knowing that Seraph has score her points with the crowed for the day, but he does read the treaty document when given a chance.

He seems to find something very amusing in the document that Seraph presented before commenting to her "May your efforts leading the militia prove as fruitful as you speech today, for the sake these people."

Grigori retires to the Inn for the day. If you have more businesses with him you know where to find him.

Seraph has no problem raising an armed militia mob of farmers and tradesmen to go take care of the mites. She sends scouts out to report on any mite movements, and the bulk of the force will be ready to move out in the morning.

Later in the evening, you receive word that Mikmek (kobold ambassador) is back in town and requesting an urgent meeting with the Stagland leaders.

Meeting with Mikmek:

He looks sad as he reports, "I regret to inform you that the Mites have invoked the mutual defense clause for the treaty.
#5 – That, if necessary, all signatories of this Treaty may call upon any of the other signatories to assist them in the case that their sovereign borders are violated or under threat from any party, signatory or otherwise."
The mites claim you broke the treaty with them by attacking them on there own land. While we are loath to do so, the kobold clan must keep our oath and aid the mites against the Stagland aggressors."


hp 55/55 | AC 23, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor, +4 Dex, +1 Trait +2 deflect) | F +11 R +11, W +10 | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | CMB +8 (+2 DF, BL+); CMD 18 (+2 Deflect) Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft; Perception +6
Spoiler:
Melee (L) +1 bastard sword[/i] [dice]1d20+7 [/dice] ([dice]2d8+4 [/dice]/19-20) Ranged mwk composite longbow [dice]1d20+5 [/dice] [dice]1d8+2 [/dice]

Seraph smiles at Grigori and gives him a rather warm smile. "Save your palaver for tomorrow Lord Grigori you'll need your strength." Having dismissed him she gathers the militia, readying them for what needs to be done until she's called off to meet with the rest of the council. Mikmek's report isn't a good thing but she couldn't hold it against them. The Mites were a step ahead of them.

"That is fine Mikmek but be careful, the Mites wanted more land to match you. It seemed they were unhappy with the treaty they signed. So they used those people try to extort more land out of us all. An entire hex per person if my math was correct. So don't let them use your people as fodder." she pauses for a moment then before adding. "I'll return. I'm going to talk to the settlers from the night before... This entire situation isn't adding up."

She bows her head and heads out.

Search for the family from the night before.

Diplo: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

She apologetically asks to speak with them. Hoping to clear up the mess before returning to the Council chamber. "Can you please tell me what happened and why you strayed from the main road? Don't leave anything out, tell me from before leaving the main road and your capture by the mites..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
:HP:26/27 -2 STR:Init+4:Perception:+8:AC:18(+4Dex,+4Mage armour):Fort +3,Ref+7,Will+5 Theme song

Sunset has a quiet word with her Niece.

"This Gregori feler has things fallen his way too much fer tha' card changes ta' be honest an' fair."

"Perhaps, with ye self bein' careful, if ye could find out tha' how a him gettin' all these whispers in't his ears? That may be one way ta' help ease tha' pain seems his prescence be makin'." She suggests of her Niece.

With the Kobold Ambassador:
"Here now. Jus' how did ye be gettin' this request? At what time were it? Ye know... if ye be gettin' asked fer help afore fightin' actually be declaired then... them's whut were askin' ain't bein' fair about it, right? Sunset looks to the others.

"I would dearly love ta' know how all this infromation is flyin' around ahead of us seemin' even ta' be doin' things...."

My point being that... it seems impossible the Mites could have sent word to ask for help. They'd have had to get the message to the Kobolds even before we'd gone to see about the extricating the family from the Mites.


hp 55/55 | AC 23, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor, +4 Dex, +1 Trait +2 deflect) | F +11 R +11, W +10 | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | CMB +8 (+2 DF, BL+); CMD 18 (+2 Deflect) Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft; Perception +6
Spoiler:
Melee (L) +1 bastard sword[/i] [dice]1d20+7 [/dice] ([dice]2d8+4 [/dice]/19-20) Ranged mwk composite longbow [dice]1d20+5 [/dice] [dice]1d8+2 [/dice]

With the KOBOLD *lol* Ambassador / Sunset and the Others:

Seraph would invite the gunslinger with her, feeling as they share a similar bad feeling. "Do you wish to accompany me to see the family? Maybe we can get something useful to make sense of all this rapid developments..."

If anyone wanted to get the jump on that, feel free and I can amend my actions. Just have free time so wanted to keep moving. Especially with justinian being somewhat MIA being on vacation~ :D


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Winter Witch 5; Init +1; Senses Perception +3; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 mage armour); hp 41; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +7

"That is really not a problem, Mikmek," Asta assures the Kobold Prince. "Because, in accordance with the treaty, I hereby formally invoke that same clause and ask for the assistance of the Sootscale nation in defending us against the Mite aggressors. By our estimation, the Mites violated the treaty first by capturing citizens of Stagland and sentencing them to death without any reasonable provocation, rather than levelling a fine or sending a message to us to negotiate."

The Witch smiles .... and winks.
"Given that this is a conflict situation for the Sootscale nation, where two allies simultaneously request assistance, my personal recommendation would be official non-involvement. Regrettable as that may be, of course; I know the Sootscales are a helpful and law-abiding people who would like to assist their allies in accordance with the treaty, but this is a clear conflict of equal interests."

Asta leans back in her chair.
"That being said, keep this under your hat. That swine Grigori does not need to know. On the subject of Grigori -- I want you to know that I do not believe his filthy blather, and I will do everything I can to preserve our treaty with the Sootscales. But be careful. And please counsel your people to caution as well. I had wanted to contact the Mites and caution them, but .... Well. Events conspired against us, and here we are. I do regret it, but we must move forward."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half Elf Hunter 5| HP 52/52| AC 18 (20) T 12 FF 16 (18)| Fo +6 Re +6 Wi +4| Init +3| Percep +16| Spells: Lvl 2: 2/3; Lvl 1: 2/4

Just when we need Justinian. "Mikmek, you and your tribe have been friends with us and our people since the first day we met. You even helped us to set up our government. It is through our friendship that we made trade treaties that are a boon to both our nations. We are friends and as your friend, I tell you that those mites are dealing you dirty. If you choose to ally with them over us, they will betray you. I believe you know that already. So tell us what proof would you need to convince your people help us against the mites?"

Grand Lodge

Seeking out the family, Seraph questions about how they came to be in the mite’s territory. The father relates ”The family had set out to establish a new farm where land was available for settling. Stagland has been getting a steady influx of settlers, and that there were farming land available within the kingdom’s. After Olegs, we found the main road and headed south. Most of the best farmland on the right side of the road was claimed, so we wandered off on the left side looking for just the perfect place. I suspect we went too far not knowing about the mite’s border or any kingdom agreement we’re just simple farmers. Next thing we knew these blue mites on centipedes had surrounded us and hauled us off to be tried before their king!”

Mikmek nods at Sunset’s question, ”A mite ambassador arrived this morning during the moon radish breakfast, saying the Stangland leaders had broken a negation truce and attacked the Mites at their home unprovoked. The mite asked us to uphold the treaty and aid them as promised in the treaty Stagland established between our three kingdoms. We were told about the family that trespassed on the mite land and how your leaders negotiated for their freedom, but was unhappy with the outcome. Kobold leader agree mite was within their rights. Kobolds very unhappy about having to fight for mites against stagland, but more unhappy about breaking treaty bond. I was sent here try and avoid further war for kobolds.”
(The mites would have been able to send an ambassador to the Kobolds in the time it took your group to return home. So no indication of pre planned actions.)

Asta attempts to explain the treaty loopholes that Seraph quote in the noon rebuttal speech confuses Mikmek for a bit. It turns out the treaty Seraph quoted was the peace treaty solely between the kobolds and mites, the stagland being the agreed upon negotiator in event of disagreements. So unless the family the mites threatened were Kobolds and stagland leaders were acting as negotiators for the Kobolds it wouldn’t apply.

Mikmek has two offers to present one from the mites and one from the Kobold king.

Mikmek spells out the mite offer first, ”To avoid war the Stagland must disavow the actions of their leaders and deliver the offending leaders and the family rescued as prisoners gagged and bound back to the mites within a day.” The kobold shakes his head, ”Kobold king doesn’t think you will agree.”

Mikmek then present’s the Kobold offer, ”Kobold king thinks it is time to find new Soootscale homeland, but doesn’t want to leave empty handed. He offers to sell Stagland the rights to Sootscale kingdom for five build points worth of goods. If Kobold kingdom no longer exist, treaty no longer important. We leave for new lands far away. Kobolds not worry about helping mites, or Stagland keeping treaty.”

Mikmek smiles at Torod words, ”Yes you have dealt honorably with Sootscale, and Sootscale king say this is good offer you should take it?”


hp 55/55 | AC 23, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor, +4 Dex, +1 Trait +2 deflect) | F +11 R +11, W +10 | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | CMB +8 (+2 DF, BL+); CMD 18 (+2 Deflect) Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft; Perception +6
Spoiler:
Melee (L) +1 bastard sword[/i] [dice]1d20+7 [/dice] ([dice]2d8+4 [/dice]/19-20) Ranged mwk composite longbow [dice]1d20+5 [/dice] [dice]1d8+2 [/dice]

She had reason to doubt their testimony,
Indeed Stagland had been expanding exponentially and the border had been an issue for some time. Farms were popping up as quick as they could be built. She nods in appreciation for their time. "I will bother you no further, please get some rest and again I am sorry for your loss."

With little else she returned to the fort and rejoined the others to share what she had found.


Half Elf Hunter 5| HP 52/52| AC 18 (20) T 12 FF 16 (18)| Fo +6 Re +6 Wi +4| Init +3| Percep +16| Spells: Lvl 2: 2/3; Lvl 1: 2/4

Torod sadness is obvious. "What if there was another option? What if you joined Stagland? You would, of course, get a seat on the council and all that stuff. Mikmek, I don't have many friends. And I don't want you to go."


Female Human Winter Witch 5; Init +1; Senses Perception +3; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 mage armour); hp 41; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +7

"I, also, would be sad to see you go, Mikmek," Asta says, her eyes narrowing in evident pain. "Why do the Sootscales see the need to depart? Are you worried about what that kine Grigori is trying to stir up? Because I will see him die in the dark rather than let him hurt the Sootscales. Has the silver mine played out, perhaps? Because if that is so...." -- Asta gives Torod a significant look -- "we might be able to guide you to a new location to mine."

Asta drums her fingers on the armrest of her chair, then adds: "Perhaps.... perhaps the Sootscales might go on a .... a small vacation for the duration of the unpleasantness between Stagland and the Mites. I have a lot of ravens. I could let you know when the time is right to return?"


:HP:26/27 -2 STR:Init+4:Perception:+8:AC:18(+4Dex,+4Mage armour):Fort +3,Ref+7,Will+5 Theme song
Quote:
Seraph would invite the gunslinger with her, feeling as they share a similar bad feeling. "Do you wish to accompany me to see the family? Maybe we can get something useful to make sense of all this rapid developments..."

Sunset does agree to meet the family again. Upon hearing their tale she frowns, though assures them it's something else which is troubling her mind. To Seraph, though also for the family Sunset opines.

"We've got'a make some sort'a boundry marker fer things. Darn huge poles or some such what people will be noticin' a good ways off afore they wander in't places what're right stoopid ta' wander into..." She blinks, hangs her head and again appologizes for her blunt ways.

"But first we got them Mites ta' deal with. Them Sootscales ta' work out how they're doin' an Griogri ta' manage not murderin'...." She sighs "Frankly? We're a tad swamped." Sunset tilts her head.

"I wonder what Asta can wrangle out'a that lass in'a swamp...?" She suggests to Seraph.

As for the "Kobolds vacation'

Sunset perks up, "Heck! Why not get three things done all at the same time?" She steps forwards and offers her thought to the council and the Kobold dignitaries. "We'll give ye all that help ye asked fer. Ye go an' find some naffy place fer yer selfs. Once tha' dust settles a'tween them lil blue meanines an' ourselves.... um... assumin' we win..." Sunset does look at her companions honestly at that point,

"Ye come back an' now ye've two places ta' be callin' hearth." She smiles, "Maybe find a second place fer them deliscious Moon radishes ta' grow, hey?" Before getting back on track.

"Plus, ye take along stuff ta' make maps... an' what have ye so we get an idea of where t'is ye've been?"

So... the kobols stay out of the fight. They get more land. We help them with their task. They also do some mapping for us while they and we are other wise engaged.


hp 55/55 | AC 23, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor, +4 Dex, +1 Trait +2 deflect) | F +11 R +11, W +10 | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | CMB +8 (+2 DF, BL+); CMD 18 (+2 Deflect) Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft; Perception +6
Spoiler:
Melee (L) +1 bastard sword[/i] [dice]1d20+7 [/dice] ([dice]2d8+4 [/dice]/19-20) Ranged mwk composite longbow [dice]1d20+5 [/dice] [dice]1d8+2 [/dice]

Sunset:

"We had planned to build a more permanent border and this happens... Ugh. I'm sure Asta will think of something..."

As they were making their way back Seraph is torn, her mind warring with her duty. The family's story is missing essential details, though she felt no need to pry further. Because what they provided was that they had unknowingly traveled into Mite territory. She grips Julius's reins white knuckled as her anger nearly gets the best of her.

"Gods. This entire situation is just as they predicted. In the end we made a one sided treaty, easily manipulated and the Mites are getting away with tearing everything apart we worked hard to put together.." She releases the reins.

"We still have the trolls to fear and Grigori... I'm not worried about him really... We can handle him but a direct assault on the town would devastate us while we are away."

While the others speak with Mikmek, Seraph stares out an open window. Having shared what the family said she was now in deep contemplation. Losing the Kobolds was another dagger in the kingdoms back. She remained stoic as the deliberated.


:HP:26/27 -2 STR:Init+4:Perception:+8:AC:18(+4Dex,+4Mage armour):Fort +3,Ref+7,Will+5 Theme song

We in't 'Lost' 'em. More.. misplaced with intent ta' reconsile. (^_~)

Returning to the Kobold conference.

"Dun't worry luv. Tha' family an' tha' Mites problem? Well.. like ye said, t'were a problem bound ta' happen sooner or later.. it jus' when all sploin shaped sooner, is all." Sunset shrugs.

"I do admit havin' folks fightin' fer us kitted out with me sparkly shooters... or better yet some true iron long arms, yeah that would be a treat but." Sunset shrugs phylosophically again,

"Looks like we make do with sticks an' planks a wood aginst tha' Mites. Long as we bring lots a fire an' alchemist stuff fer burnin' them bugs? We should do okay." Sunset does seem to be trying to be 'Up beat'... which is something she also might have to work on... :P

Grand Lodge

Mikmek ponders the concept of the kobold kingdom taking a vacation, before rejecting it "No, as long as the Sootscales kingdom remains here then we will have to honor the terms of the treaty. We must leave kingdom or fight otherwise we be oath breakers."


:HP:26/27 -2 STR:Init+4:Perception:+8:AC:18(+4Dex,+4Mage armour):Fort +3,Ref+7,Will+5 Theme song

Sunset shrugs at Mikmek's words, "Well.. ye all can jus' surender now an' save every one all tha' hassles on that end..." She says pragmatically.


Female Human Winter Witch 5; Init +1; Senses Perception +3; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 mage armour); hp 41; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +7

"Sunset," Asta sighs.

The Witch Queen turns to the other Councillors.
"We must vote. I am loath to lose our friends and neighbours, the Sootscales, but I prefer their offer over the Mites'. And we cannot demand that they break oath for us. I vote we accept the Sootscales' offer."

Asta turns to Mikmek.
"What of the young Kobolds I have been tutoring to become Witches? Their training is far from complete, and your people might benefit from fully-trained Witches. Would your Chief be willing to foster them out to me until the time that they are at least of journeyman status? I will vow to bring them to your new home when that is done.
And wherever the Sootscales go, let us forge a new treaty between us, just us, and stay in touch. You are our friends, and even if you are no longer to be our neighbours, I want us to stay friends."


Half Elf Hunter 5| HP 52/52| AC 18 (20) T 12 FF 16 (18)| Fo +6 Re +6 Wi +4| Init +3| Percep +16| Spells: Lvl 2: 2/3; Lvl 1: 2/4

Torod is in full agreement, but he does not trust his voice at the moment.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric of Iomedae 5 ac:19/11/18 hp: 42/42 f/r/w: 5/2/7 Perception +3 Init: +1 Channel 3/8

"The kobolds have decided what is best for themselves. I am not certain it is our place to accept or reject Mikmek's statement, considering the options. If we 'accept', they leave, which is what they want. If we 'reject' it, there is war with them as well. All we can decide is whether we give them the supplies they need to move on."

Justinian holds the gaze of each in turn. "I vote we give them what they need. Send a supply train with our regards to the Sootscales. They get to keep their word, we remove an unpleasant situation in the upcoming conflict. Both sides win."


hp 55/55 | AC 23, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor, +4 Dex, +1 Trait +2 deflect) | F +11 R +11, W +10 | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | CMB +8 (+2 DF, BL+); CMD 18 (+2 Deflect) Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft; Perception +6
Spoiler:
Melee (L) +1 bastard sword[/i] [dice]1d20+7 [/dice] ([dice]2d8+4 [/dice]/19-20) Ranged mwk composite longbow [dice]1d20+5 [/dice] [dice]1d8+2 [/dice]

K-Geography - Is there any noteworthy sites to the east of the Stolen Lands that might be fitting for the kobolds?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

She had been considering suggestions for possible places for the Sootscales when Justinian's words made her nod. "I agree." When she spoke it was with a heavy heart, this option minimized casualties but led to the loss of allies. She would not forget the cause of this regrettable situation but was thankful to not have to meet Kobolds on the battlefield. I'm tired of burying the dead even with the Mites.

She turned then and looked to Mikmek. "If the Sootscales encounter problems, do not hesitate to seek us out. Regardless of the situation, as Asta said, you are still a friend."

Depending on the Geography result I will add to this post. Couldn't find a K-Skill that applied to knowing the land more then Geo did. Hopefully I didn't miss something.

Grand Lodge

Ok, In order to take care of the mites and Kobolds we are moving into the kingdom building Sequence for the the month. There are 2 points of unrest {thanks Gregori!} currently which count against kingdom rolls.

Everyone can make a single aid check during the kingdoms building cycle. Use it wisely {see Campaign tab for Aid Leadership Rolls rules}

Each player needs to make one d20 unmodified roll!.
Rollls will be applied in order made to the following kingdom rolls needed.

1st: Determine kingdom stability: 1st roll + 20 stability -2 unrest vs a DC29 {effect unrest total}

2nd:Modify Unrest: 2nd roll + 17 loyalty - unrest vs DC29 {success reduces unrest by 1}

(Hex claiming, building, improvements and Edict my change the unrest, bonuses & DC.)
(note: withdraw of 5 build points to buy out kobolds results in +5 unrest points)

3rd: Income Collect Taxes 3rd roll + 22 economy - ? unrest => income

4th: Mite vs Stagland battle: (Monster Attack) 4th roll + 20 stability - ? unrest vs DC29 {success defeats mites}

Players may post the aid check with your post or after all kingdom rolls are made. Aid roll must match the roll type (stability, Loyalty or economy). Also, declare which kingdoms roll is being aided!

Also, indicate if you want to build a road, claim a hex, make a terrain improvement, build housing, build another building and/or issue an Edict. Estimated treasury available would be 11BP after consumption and kobold buyout cost.. (Remember some buildings will add or reduce unrest. Also, claiming a hex will increase the kingdom DC.).

(Used the Discustion form if you need work out the building options.)


hp 55/55 | AC 23, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor, +4 Dex, +1 Trait +2 deflect) | F +11 R +11, W +10 | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | CMB +8 (+2 DF, BL+); CMD 18 (+2 Deflect) Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft; Perception +6
Spoiler:
Melee (L) +1 bastard sword[/i] [dice]1d20+7 [/dice] ([dice]2d8+4 [/dice]/19-20) Ranged mwk composite longbow [dice]1d20+5 [/dice] [dice]1d8+2 [/dice]

Got, it. Moving it discussion forum for now.


hp 55/55 | AC 23, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor, +4 Dex, +1 Trait +2 deflect) | F +11 R +11, W +10 | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | CMB +8 (+2 DF, BL+); CMD 18 (+2 Deflect) Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft; Perception +6
Spoiler:
Melee (L) +1 bastard sword[/i] [dice]1d20+7 [/dice] ([dice]2d8+4 [/dice]/19-20) Ranged mwk composite longbow [dice]1d20+5 [/dice] [dice]1d8+2 [/dice]

Unmodified: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Diplomacy Extra two weeks to support Stability Aid DC 10 for +2 Stability: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 Passed?
If passed I will apply it to the 4th roll for defeating the mites, seeing as adding a roll to my own stability roll didn't seem... Fair? Dunno. Your call of course GM Glyn. I mainly say this because Seraph plans on leading the attack on the Mites.

Seraph spends time aiding in rebuilding the council's reputation, having been badly damaged by Grigori was a blow she knew they would survive. But the wound would take time to heal. She tapped into the Bathhouse and her small gathering to help smooth things over as best they could. She also reviewed maps and other strategic data until late into the night as she planned a proposal for the coming council meeting.

When it came time to propose expanding the kingdom she spoke out against claiming more territory in light of the strife with the Mites. "We need to focus on completing the Road to Olegton and building farms by this new road while also focusing our remaining resources on defense. Defeating the Mites is paramount before expanding further or we may expose ourselves to a greater threat."

She provides a map of the city and their exploration map, indicating her proposal for the city first. "As Grigori pointed out, our city is badly defended. So I propose to increase its defense tenfold, by first building defensive walls for the city proper and raising an army to defend it while we perform our duties elsewhere. Sadly we cannot afford them bows or mounts at this time. Though please keep it in mind for the future."

She then indicates area's of concern pointing to the areas that may contain more enemies. "We do not know if the Trolls have recruited the Lizardfolk, who are masters of the sea, nor if they are skulking nearby to strike when we aren't here. So this army would be a deterrent to a direct strike against the city. A two hundred man force will bring our enemies pause, hopefully buying ourselves the time to eliminate all internal and external threats."

She notably pauses before adding with little certainty. "We also must assume that the Mites may have reached out to the trolls for aid. It's possible, seeing as just four of us defeated many of their precious beasts. Sunset, do we have a steady supply of alchemist fire?"


:HP:26/27 -2 STR:Init+4:Perception:+8:AC:18(+4Dex,+4Mage armour):Fort +3,Ref+7,Will+5 Theme song

As for a 'steady supply' of any thing? Not sure. I would love dearly to be able to supply our forces with Sunset's current single-shot lighting gun. :)

Yes, I would like to eventually have Musket squares defending our nacent kingdom. :)


Female Human Winter Witch 5; Init +1; Senses Perception +3; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 mage armour); hp 41; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +7

Unmodified roll: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Asta spends time with her apprentice Witches when she can, but also sends her ravens out to scout the land surrounding the city. In fact, she has them scouting out all the Hexes settled by the kingdom for potential threats.

Asta listens to Seraph and nods.
"All very sensible. However, there is one more wrinkle we need to smooth out. Anytime we depart the city, Grigori will do his damndest to blacken our names and undermine our rule. We need to put paid to him, somehow. We need to know where he comes from and why he is doing this."


Male Human Cleric of Iomedae 5 ac:19/11/18 hp: 42/42 f/r/w: 5/2/7 Perception +3 Init: +1 Channel 3/8

"Nothing obvious on that, I'm afraid." Justinian replies to Asta. "His coin comes from Restov, and all other facts about him have been hidden. Of course, I haven't resorted to searching his room, or his person as of yet. It doesn't seem like he'll go away on his own. He is persistent in his vocal opposition to your rule. He refutes any and all statements we make regardless of how logical or true they may be. And we suspect there is magic involved when speaks to the crowd. Whatever he is, he is more than a 'simple man' here to defend the people."

He chooses his next words with precision.

"Of course, it is your rule. You do not have to tolerate him or his ideals."


Half Elf Hunter 5| HP 52/52| AC 18 (20) T 12 FF 16 (18)| Fo +6 Re +6 Wi +4| Init +3| Percep +16| Spells: Lvl 2: 2/3; Lvl 1: 2/4

"He was using magic of some sort. He used it against us." Indicating himself and Asta. "For me that is enough to bind him in chains and gag him. To question him vigorously about his motives and ends. I volunteer to do it myself."


:HP:26/27 -2 STR:Init+4:Perception:+8:AC:18(+4Dex,+4Mage armour):Fort +3,Ref+7,Will+5 Theme song

Sunset (When she is at council) leans against a wall.

"Well.. we is at a kind a war with peoples. We could, y'know, maybe have tha' feller removed from tha' place fer tha' country's safety. Maybe get him gone fer oh... vagrancy?" She suggests.

When not at council Sunset is seeing to her land, seeing to the hard done by settlers and helping outfit any Army or Militia that the town is raising.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Winter Witch 5; Init +1; Senses Perception +3; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 mage armour); hp 41; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +7

GM Glyn: Any response from Mikmek as to the Kobold Witchlings?

Asta leans back in her chair and steeples her fingers.

"It's tempting. As Torod said, the bastard is casting spells on people without their knowledge or permission. If you will all agree, we should issue a law against that. One that says it is forbidden to cast spells on people without their consent or knowledge, save to their immediate benefit, such as healing spells on the sick and injured, or dispelling mind-controlling spells and the like."

It is oh-so-tempting to just have the blackguard jumped in an alley, gagged and tossed into a dungeon so we can .... extract .... the truth from him.
It is oh-so-tempting to just evict him from the country without trial, because we have the power to do so.
I admit it. It is tempting."

Asta looks to Seraph.

"It is tempting, but I do not wish to go that road unless we absolutely have to. That said, I do not feel any moral qualms against searching his belongings. Do we know where he rests his head?"


hp 55/55 | AC 23, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor, +4 Dex, +1 Trait +2 deflect) | F +11 R +11, W +10 | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | CMB +8 (+2 DF, BL+); CMD 18 (+2 Deflect) Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft; Perception +6
Spoiler:
Melee (L) +1 bastard sword[/i] [dice]1d20+7 [/dice] ([dice]2d8+4 [/dice]/19-20) Ranged mwk composite longbow [dice]1d20+5 [/dice] [dice]1d8+2 [/dice]

"I hazard to guess the local Inn, but I think he will expect this course... He isn't a complete fool." Seraph looks to Asta her eyes locking with hers. "Though if you give the command, I will drag him out of the inn by his throat and place him in irons. Regardless of the outcome, because to me he is a seditious scum trying to endanger the kingdom with his activities." Her oathes would deem him worthy of being defeated in combat then. Her eyes soften for a moment as she sighs. "But then again... We will give him what he wants, we will be the vile tyrants he so warned them all of. Whatever we do the people will be upset and rally behind him. So I propose we wait... Despite what he tries to say in our absence."

"Because I think this time Grigori will be his own undoing. When the conflict with the Mites ends, when we are victorious, then we strike him down. Targeting his inaction when the citie needed aid. Especially since he didn't volunteer when the common folk did, despite his blustering speeches of being a man of the people. I think that honestly this is the best way."


Female Human Winter Witch 5; Init +1; Senses Perception +3; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 mage armour); hp 41; Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +7

GM Glyn, did I have any success befriending that rat, back before the business with the Mites started? I'm thinking of causing Grigori some .... distress. :)

Grand Lodge

The kingdome works well under the threat of mite war, with the people focusing on the task at hand they have less time for descension.
(Kingdome stability roll 12 from Seraph + 20 stability -2 unrest = 30 vs DC29: Success - Unrest reduced by 1)

Kingdom upkeep of 1 is paid.

Royal Enforcer Kressel tries to weed out the remaining descension among the populace, but they keep out of sight when ever she is around.
Modify Unrest roll 4 from Sunset + 17 loyalty - 1 unrest = 20 vs DC29: fail - unrest unchanged at 1:

Seraph’s proposed plan is adopted, The road to Oleg’s is extended, farms are built, and one side of the city wall is added to Stagland, making people feel safer. (note already farm at B10, D10 is available but is hills 4BP cost)

The rulers chose to accept the Soothcale offer to buy out their lands, sending them several wagons of supplies as the whole tribe packs up their stuff and move east out of the stolen lands, Mikmek promises to return for a visit after the current unplessenes are settled. The withdrawal of so many supplies from the treasury cause some talk among the populace causing some additional unrest, but it is partially countered by the city wall. (unrest 1 - 2 wall +5 withdraw = 4 unrest)

An militia is raised by Asta’s command. (adding note to discussion about what armies can be raised at present.)

The taxes are paid by the people and counted by the treasurer
Income Tax collected: 15 Asta + 22 econ - 4 unrest = 33 success / 3 + 2 = 13 BP added

Still need a unmodified roll from Justinian or Torod for the mite battle result. Have an aid roll from Seraph. Sunset, Asta, Justinian and Torod still have an option of making an aid roll.

Pending => Mite vs Stagland battle: (Monster Attack) 4th roll + 20 stability - 4 unrest + 2 aid vs DC29 {success defeats mites}

Asta spends time with her apprentices and sends ravens out to keep an eye out for threats. Unfortunately, the Kobold king insist on keeping the kobold tribe together, so any kobold witchlings remain with the tribe.

The leaders discuss what to do about Grigori in private. During the month Grigori keeps a lower profile. No public speeches, while the kingdom battles the mites, but he still speaks with people in small groups spreading his poisonous words.

Asta: if the rats are untrained you would need to make a DC25 handle animal checks to get them to pester Grigori’s room at the inn/tavern. If trained it would be a DC10 handle animals.


Half Elf Hunter 5| HP 52/52| AC 18 (20) T 12 FF 16 (18)| Fo +6 Re +6 Wi +4| Init +3| Percep +16| Spells: Lvl 2: 2/3; Lvl 1: 2/4

Torod can help Asta with the rats, though not by much, he only has +4 Handle Animal.


:HP:26/27 -2 STR:Init+4:Perception:+8:AC:18(+4Dex,+4Mage armour):Fort +3,Ref+7,Will+5 Theme song

Sunset doesn't have a 'Handle Animal' skill... :/
So no 'Rat wrangling' for her... :P
She does have 'Craft:Black-smithing', 'Craft:Weapon' and a few other associated abilites. So swords and bows should be a little cheaper. :)
She also has 'Knowledge:Engineering' so she can help with the wall... bits...


hp 55/55 | AC 23, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor, +4 Dex, +1 Trait +2 deflect) | F +11 R +11, W +10 | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5 | CMB +8 (+2 DF, BL+); CMD 18 (+2 Deflect) Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft; Perception +6
Spoiler:
Melee (L) +1 bastard sword[/i] [dice]1d20+7 [/dice] ([dice]2d8+4 [/dice]/19-20) Ranged mwk composite longbow [dice]1d20+5 [/dice] [dice]1d8+2 [/dice]

I have Handle animal +9


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric of Iomedae 5 ac:19/11/18 hp: 42/42 f/r/w: 5/2/7 Perception +3 Init: +1 Channel 3/8

Roll: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Diplomacy to Aid Stability: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24

When not involved with the war, Justinian spends his time among the people as well; offering words of encouragement, adjudicating disputes, and generally working to uplift the spirits of the people. It's not all roses and unicorns, however. While he is out there, he tries to find out as much as he can about what Grigori is saying, working with Kressel closely.

Diplomacy for good stuff: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
Diplomacy to find out stuff: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

<sigh> dice roller, why hast thou forsaken me?

4,951 to 5,000 of 5,483 << first < prev | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Once & Future Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.