Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The_Ninja_DM's Carrion Crown

Game Master Spiral_Ninja

The Trial of the Beast: Schloss Caromarc 1


401 to 450 of 3,855 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

DM Ninja/infinite

Thanks, Evangline. I really need to get a map-making tool - after we pay off the $10,000 at 27% interest to replace our boiler/furnace.


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

I just use the free acrobat reader and an old copy of photoshop 6.0


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

campaign cartographer is mad cheap, plus just torrent it.
Vertielle sends a flickering blue werelight forward into the crypt in the outline of a bounding ferret, which stops at intersections and gazes down them with a palpable excitement.
dancing lights


DM Ninja/infinite

@Vertielle: There seems to only be one large chamber.

[ooc}I love CC. It's on my definitely buy list. I *was* going to use part of my next military retirement pay, until our boiler broke in 32 degree weather. Heat was suddenly more important, for some odd reason ;-)[/ooc]


DM Ninja/infinite

While waiting for the map:

In the light of Vertielle's spell, you see a large chamber, approximately 30' x 25'. The wall directly across from the entry has a half-finished crest the size of the door you entered by carved on it. There are also two doors on that wall, one either side of the crest, about 5' from the shorter walls. In the center of each of the shorter walls is a statue of a stern-looking Pharasma. On either side of the statues, the walls are lined with empty niches, though you can't tell from first glance if they are empty because they were unused, or for another reason. There are minor cracks in the walls, through which some dirt has settled.

The only tracks you notice are footprints, seemingly human, leading to the door on the right.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

KnNobility; 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
KnReligion; 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
KnEngineering; 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
KnDungeoneering; 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


DM Ninja/infinite

You think the crest is fake, though it could be some old family that died out.

The place looks secure, just old.


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

FalseCrypt


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Vertielle holds out a hand for a halt, muttering a brief spell and casting a glowing purple gaze across the room. Detect magic
Once she's satisfied that there's no lingering wards preventing advancement, she'll motion the rest of the group forward. After a respectable delay, she follows, searching both doors with a quick gesture and burst of grid-like yellow light. sift, twice:
1d20 ⇒ 201d20 ⇒ 6 left door then right door.

sift:
You examine an area at range as if you were searching for fine details with the Perception skill. Make a Perception check with a -5 penalty, modified as normal for conditions. No penalty is applied for distance. Apply the result against the DC for any hidden features, such as secret doors, traps, or hidden treasure. You must be able to see the area you are attempting to search, and you only find details that can be perceived with sight or touch. Sift detects only objects and features, not actual creatures.


DM Ninja/infinite

You don't spot anything untoward on either door.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

As an afterthought, Vertielle stops by the crest and holds a bit of twine up to it, searching for the telltale breeze of a secret passage. Her ferret- light bounces up and down by the door to her left, eager to explore further and anxious to move forward.
perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 perhaps a bonus for locating secret door cuz of the twine trick, perhaps not.


Female Human Ninja 3

Que steps inside, careful to not make any sounds.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


DM Ninja/infinite

@Vertielle: you don't locate any secret doors.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Is it evident which door the professor opened?


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

both doors go to the same room

False Crypt Map


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

There's no way to know that, plus, it has more to do with exploring the crypt in general. I'm gonna open the one he did, not just willy nilly. Once I open a door, or rather once Que does, I suppose it'll be obvious that they enter the same room.


Wood follows behind Que. Ready to cast a spell when needed.


DM Ninja/infinite

Searching the room shows that the niches seem to have never been used, even though the church records claimed this crypt was filled not long after Ravengro was founded.

After checking the front room thoroughly, you push open the door to the right. It quickly becomes apparent that both doors led to the same area, a small landing with a set of stairs leading deeper into the crypt. Much like the first part, this section appears old and unused, the only signs of pasage being the footprints you are following. There are no niches here, only dust, cobwebs (small ones) and the age-cracked walls.

The light from Vertielle's spell shows that the tracks lead to a raised dais upon which sits a stone sarcophagus. In a far corner of the room stands an unlit brass brasier. Again there is nothing but the dust of ages and the ancient-feeling cracked walls.

Somehow, the emptyness and single line of tracks in and out are creepier than if the crypt had been in use.


DM Ninja/infinite

Let me know where everyone is and what they are doing.

And, for this bit, I need you folks to make a Perception check.


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 5/11

Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9

Gkirkhan follows the others deeper into the crypt.

"Oh to be here eny odder(other) time."


Wood is rather distracted by the somber surroundings.

Per 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Female Human Ninja 3

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Que scouts forward, trying to make no noice and to keep in the shadows if possible.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Female Human Ninja 3

Que will be at B5 and checks the sarcophagus for traps and such


Directly behind Que (don't have map up) 13PER rolled.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Perc 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Vertielle's excitable ferret-shaped light bounds forwards, careful to keep Que in shadow. Vertielle herself looks around the room, again searching for the presence of magic. Detect Magic again.


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

I'll be getting a numbered map up around lunch (12-13:00 EST)


DM Ninja/infinite

@Vertielle: you sense magical auras from inside the sarcophagus.

@Que: you do not think the sarcophagus is trapped.


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

Map with grid

Sorry for the Delay, had PC problems

F-12


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Looks as though the weapons are hidden simply; inside the sarcophagus.
Vertielle calls her light to her side, and it scampers to her shoulder, throwing deep shadows across the room.
Gkirkhan, why don't you cast aside the lid? Careful not to crack it, it may be best to reseal this place.
edit: G12.


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

"Yes, please be careful as that is temple property."


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 5/11

"Jah, jah. Don't break stuff dot Hy don't own."

Gkirkhan pulls out his crowbar and wedges it under the lid so he can pry it up.

Strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 ... the dice gods are determined to embarrass me.
Gkirkhan is at E-13


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Vertielle barely conceals a smirk. Perhaps I should give it a try? Or are you... warming up?


DM Ninja/infinite

Actually, as Gkirkhan pusheson the kid of the sarcophagus, it slides easily aside.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Waste of a perfectly good taunt... Vertielle edges forwards to gaze into the sarcophagus. G13.


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 5/11
Vertielle Siepar wrote:
Vertielle barely conceals a smirk. Perhaps I should give it a try? Or are you... warming up?

"Vot? Hy couldn't hear vot hyu said over de sound ov de lid coming off."

Gkirkhan gives a Vertielle a goofy, tooth-filled grin after getting the lid off.


DM Ninja/infinite

Inside the sarcophagus you see the following:

an elegant quiver full of arrows; many of the arrows and the quiver itself radiate magic

a bandolier with seven potion bottles slung on it

a potion belt with six flasks

an open box with four scrolls

four sun rods

a thin darkwood case emblazoned with the same scarab and eye image that marked the Manual of the Order of the Palatine Eye Professor Lorrimor asked you to deliver

@group: as soon as everyone locates themselves on the grid, things will get interesting


Female Human Ninja 3

Que is at F13


G12


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

Gkirkhan I need coordinates, D-13 -> G-14
GM where do you want the surprises?


Ghirkan posted E13. I think you all sunk my battleship.


DM Ninja/infinite

OK, so the surprises are at J-14 and A-11.

If Kurik doesn't post by 9pm est, we'll go without him. It looks like he doesn't tend to post on weekends.

I may be going to see the new Holmes movie tonight, so I'll be late back. Hopefully that will give Kurik time to locate himself on the map.


DM Ninja/infinite

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


DM Ninja/infinite

Ok, everyone is surprised.

Gkhirkhan vs flat-footed1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Vertielle vs flat-footed1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


DM Ninja/infinite

Missed Gkirkhan.

Vertielledamage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3 & fort save please.

Giant centipedes just squeezed through the cracks in the walls and attacked.

Initiatives, please.

initiative_bugs: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


DM Ninja/infinite

I'm going to roll initiative for Kurik so he can jump in when he posts again.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

Map


Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Action step up and left and cast summon mon I=full round action
Wood encants in a magic language. The air shimmers as a gate is opening for a creature to step through.


Female Human Ninja 3

HP: 18/18
AC-FF-Touch: 15/15-12/12-13-13
Condition: type/duration

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Surprised by the sudden attack, Que is baffled for a moment beofre drawing her Wakizashi and steadying herself to counterattack.

Que uses a move action to draw her Wakizashi and readies an action to atack when one of the creatures is in Reach. Shoul one of the beasts come into reach before her turn, she of course doesn't ready her attack and attack immediately


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Fort 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Kn Dungeoneering 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Kn Nature 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Step towards S wall. Draw longsword. Activate naturalist.

401 to 450 of 3,855 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The_Ninja_DM's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.