Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The_Ninja_DM's Carrion Crown

Game Master Spiral_Ninja

The Trial of the Beast: Schloss Caromarc 1


2,401 to 2,450 of 3,870 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>

DM Ninja/infinite

@Wood: Kendra appreciates the offer and allows you to copy anything from her book as well. You and she have a noice month discussing the ins and outs of magic and she is happy to be your guest at the party.


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

Eva packs her things to leave

"I hope things will be alright here." she says to herself.


AC 21b - 11t - 20ff; HP: 44/44; PP: 2/2

Rova shops around for a sturdy wagon and a few horses good enough to pull it.

"I'm not feelin' like luggin' all m' stuff ta th' next town on m' back. Should be enough room ta carry campin' gear an' w'atever ya don' feel like luggin' yerself."


Male hp 19/36; AC 21/14/19 Level 5 Burglar

"I like the sound of that, do you want me to chip in?" Zhiden asked, putting his extra stuff on the wagon.


AC 21b - 11t - 20ff; HP: 44/44; PP: 2/2

"Sure, iffn ya wanna. We get enough, mebby we kin buy one 'a them Varisi caravan wagons. Th' covered kind, so's rain don' suck as much. Anyhoo, a basic un'll cost abou' 35 gold fer th' wagon, an' anudder 400 gold fer some stout horses. An' they better be stout iffn they're pullin' me. Couple hunnert more iffn ya wan' em trained not ta spook."


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Vertielle makes a face of discontent.
Destriers?
She shivers.
Wouldn't just a couple of coursers suffice?

In either case, Vertielle contributes a little for the wagon.


DM Ninja/infinite

Meanwhile, as a certain half-orc would-be ladies man tries to sneak out of town...

The road north to Lepidstadt is guarded by a pair of giggling urchins, each with something clenched in their fists. They step in front of Gkirkhan, apparently aware that the otherwise scary dude in the hat is harmless -to them, at least- and open their hands. Each is holding a gold piece. Simultaneously they each then close that fist and hold out the other, open hand, still grinning. Each also has a whistle around their neck.

Your call, Gkirkhan.


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 4/11

So I guess we're retconning where Gkirkhan joins everybody.

Even as dense as Gkirkhan is, he's not so dense that he misses what the kids want or what would happen if he didn't give it to them.

"Hyu vouldn't dare..."


DM Ninja/infinite

The boys raise the whistles to their lips and wait.


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 4/11

"Hyu vould."

Gkirkhan goes for his coin purse, only to realize that it is with Vertielle after paying for the party, and the drinking, and the repairs, to keep him from going broke.

"Uh, uh-oh. Vould hyu mind not blowink dose? Vertielle, de elfy-girl has my coin."

The scene is rather comically, with a half-orc nearly twice their height and arms as big around as their waists begging the two boys not to rat him out...


DM Ninja/infinite

The boys look at each other, shrug, and blow those whistles.

You hear shouting and running footsteps.


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 4/11

"Dem. Hy em goink to dunk hyu two in de river next time Hy em here!"

The sounds of the voices are getting closer and Gkirkhan is off like a shot again making his way north out of town.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Hahahaha...


AC 21b - 11t - 20ff; HP: 44/44; PP: 2/2

"Well, iffn we get th' small horses, an' some'un needs ta ride 'un, an' tha' some'un is me, I'd be better off carryin' th' horse than ridin' it.

'Sides, wid all th' rain hereabouts, I'd rather have th' big'uns ta pull us outta da mud.

There is a Varisi style wagon in town, but th' owner'll only sell fer 500 gold. Sez tha's w'at it cost 'im. I'm thinkin' 'e got swindled..or is lookin' ta swindle us."

"Hey, we gotta month, mebbe we can get the wainwright ta make us a custom jobbie. I'll go ask."


"Make sure you spend community funds rather than personal funds for our wagon.


AC 21b - 11t - 20ff; HP: 44/44; PP: 2/2

"Ok, wainwright sez he'll make us a carriage, wid enclosed space fer 4, 2 on da buckboard, an' cargo space on da back, customized ta us (meanin' I'll fit in or on it) fer 100 gold. He'll even paint it our choice o' colors. He sez th' 100 is wid our discount cuz he's gotta modify it. He ain't gonna throw in da horses, but he'll cut us a break on da price [Town discount] iffn we buy alla dat from 'im. Comes ta 580 gold fer the carriage an' 2 trained heavy horses."


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Vertielle whistles.
That's a hundred apiece, and I've no clue how to drive a wagon, let alone fix one. Anyone else know how?


Male Human (augmented)

"Dat's da advatange o' trained horses, ya don' need ta know much ta control 'em. Jus' learn th' words fer go an' stop, pull th' reins th' way ya want'em ta go, an' ya got th' basics. Any more'n dat, an' ya need some skill."

Basic commands require no skill with a trained animal. Complex commands need Handle animal for teams of animals, or Ride for just one

"So, wha' colors ya wanna paint it?"


.At the question of color preferences, Zhiden's eyes went wide, like a child asked what flavor of ice cream he wanted, "Blue!" He announced, smiling widely, "And orange! I've always liked those two, maybe he could use both?"


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 4/11
wolfman1911 wrote:
.At the question of color preferences, Zhiden's eyes went wide, like a child asked what flavor of ice cream he wanted, "Blue!" He announced, smiling widely, "And orange! I've always liked those two, maybe he could use both?"

Quick question, do you keep up with college football at all?


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Oh, that seems simple enough, and it would keep my things dry I suppose.


Being in gator country, I like those colors :-)

As they depart in the new wagon, Wood comments:
"This wagon is a great idea. It lets us appear to be traders or circus performers--I can be the wild potion and magic man. Gkirkan and Rova can be the strongmen. It also gives us a secure place to put our things we don't want to carry everywhere."

Wood hears a whistle from town and comments, "Speaking of Gkirkan, where is he? Who is that naked man running from town?"
Wood is surprised to discover his two inquiries are related.


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 4/11

Roll Tide, Roll!


Male hp 19/36; AC 21/14/19 Level 5 Burglar

No, I don't even know what school uses blue and orange, it was a reference to this.


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 4/11
Zhiden Enack wrote:
No, I don't even know what school uses blue and orange, it was a reference to this.

Ah, sorry, it's football season in the states. Not everyone cares about it, but I'm from the Southeastern part of the country. Football is a BIG DEAL here, and the university I'm graduating from is a rival of another school on the other side of the state, and their colors are orange and blue.


DM Ninja/infinite

After Gkirkhan's -interesting- arrival at the departure point, you head out for Lepidstadt.

It's a journey of around 100 miles and the early part is unadventurous, which in Ustalav, is probably a good thing. You see fewer and fewer people on the road, which is why, as you near the end of the second day, you are surprised to see wagons pulled to one side of the road. There is a larger group of people gathered by those wagons, in seemingly deep and excited discussion.

As you aproach the caravan, someone steps out into the road to flag you down.

Perception checks, please.

Per_DC_15:
The caravan seems to be a small circus. Those of you who met the Crooked Kin recognize the person stepping out to greet you as the albino ringmaster


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Unbelievable.
Caught up in her journal, feet kicked over the back of the wagon, Vertielle can't see much save the canvas covering, and hears only the rumble of the wheels.


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 4/11

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15 How does the WIS dumped fighter make that untrained and the person with a +12 doesn't?

Gkirkhan has been unusually quiet and thoughtful these past couple of days. This had the side effect of him paying more attention to the road rather than the two lovely ladies in the wagon.

"Vait, izn't dot vun ov dose Crooked guys?"


DM Ninja/infinite

Because failing this one can't (quite) get you killed? ;P


Male hp 19/36; AC 21/14/19 Level 5 Burglar

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Zhiden watched the wagons as they approached, thinking it odd to see a circus here. "Huh, that's not really something I was expecting to see just now, He said, not taking his eyes off the wagon train.


DM Ninja/infinite

The tall albino in the Ringmaster's outfit steps forward and speaks. "Fellow travelers, could you help us?

He pauses, then steps forward a little further. "Aren't you the folks who helped us out in Ravengro? We desperately need someone's help. We stopped here for dinner and our cook, Aleece -you remember her, I think- wandered into the woods to find some herbs. It's been hours and she hasn't returned. Could you help us find her? Her sisters say they heard noises just before she left and that she might have tried to investigate. I can reward you. We have a magic dagger that you might find useful. I'd be willing to give it to you if you find her."


Wood smiles, "I think we will do our best. A lady missing this long, can't be good. Who's coming with me?"

Wood takes his wands off the wagon and prepares to look for Aleece.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Wait, where are we going? Who are these.... oh! Well, alright, let me get my things.
Vertielle looks the ringleader up and down.
On second thought, someone should stay with our things...


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 4/11

Gkirkhan hops down off the wagon and quickly gathers his gear. Weapons and armor, nothing else.

"Vhich vay did de fraulein go?"

Nice thing abou thte armored coat, only a move action to put on. :)


AC 21b - 11t - 20ff; HP: 44/44; PP: 2/2

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Rova, clearly asleep, is jolted awake by the sudden stop of the carriage...

"Hmm?.. Where we at?"

Rova stretches, yawning.

"Waz dis? Who's missin'? 'ang on, lemme get armored up."

Rova opens his armor box, and begins suiting up.

"Summun wanna give me a hand 'ere?"


Male hp 19/36; AC 21/14/19 Level 5 Burglar

Zhiden looked into the box and said, "All right, I'll help. Uh, where do I start?"

It took some time, but Zhiden figured out what was going on and help Rova into his armor. After that, Zhiden grabbed his own equipment and got ready to go.

"So, do we have a plan, or is everyone just going to wander off in a different direction and hope we get lucky?"


Wood summons an eagle to help scout and sends it ahead and aloft, speaking to it.
"Find any humanoid."

Eagle perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Monster Summoning I

eagle:

XP 200

N Small animal

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10

Defense

AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +1 natural, +1 size)

hp 5 (1d8+1)

Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +2

Offense

Speed 10 ft., fly 80 ft. (average)

Melee 2 talons +3 (1d4), bite +3 (1d4)

Statistics

Str 10, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 2, Wis 15, Cha 7

Base Atk +0; CMB –1; CMD 11

Feats Weapon Finesse

Skills Fly +8, Perception +10; Racial Modifiers +8 Perception

Ecology

Environment temperate mountains

Organization solitary or pair

Treasure none

Among the most majestic of raptors, these predatory birds pluck fish from streams and lakes, drop down on rodents and small mammals in alpine meadows, and have even been known to pull young mountain goats from the assumed safety of their cliffs.

These creatures, like all birds of prey, have powerful clawed talons and sharp, hooked beaks perfect for tearing flesh. Their enhanced eyesight allows them to spot prey from great distances, and they typically hunt in wide circling patterns high above the ground.

Eagles typically build their massive nests in the tops of tall trees or among the rocky crags of steep cliffs. During breeding season, an eagle lays two eggs, but only one chick normally survives, as the stronger of the two usually kills and eats the weaker.

Eagles generally weigh between 8 and 15 pounds, with a wingspan of up to 7 feet, depending on the species.


DM Ninja/infinite

Aleece's tracks are easy to follow, at first, but as you persue her, the boggy, reed and midge infested area becomes as difficult to transverse as heavy undergrowth.

Survival_DC_10:
They run for about a half-mile, heading into a boggy river valey, then to a densely vegetated, midge-infested swamp, with 6-8 foot high reeds.

Survival_DC_20:
The tracks eventually all but vanish under water for around 100 yards, before leading into a cramped clearing filled with dismal-looking gray flowers.

Evangline Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Gkirkhan Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8
Rova Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Vertielle Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Wood Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Zhiden Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Eva, Vertielle, and Zhiden all hear cries, like a woman screaming for help. The rest of you begin to examine the area.

Evangline Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Gkirkhan Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Rova Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Vertielle Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Wood Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Zhiden Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
monster of the day Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Eva=1, Gkirkhan=2, Rova=3, Vertielle=4, Wood=5, Zhiden=6

1d6 ⇒ 6

As Zhiden begins to search for the source of the cries, it finds him! A large spider-like monster with an eerie, humanoid face surrounded by a shaggy mane of fur pops out of nowhere and seizes him, bites him savagely, drops him, then vanishes again.

grab_CMB_vs_CMD: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

bite: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 5) + 7 = 16

Fort save, please, DC is 18.

Sorry, Zhiden


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 4/11

"Scheiße."

orc:
"S#@@."

Gkirkhan pulls out his battered, but still usable sword and keeps an eye out for the big spider-thing.

"Zhiden, hyu hokay?"

Assuming the beastie does nothing to change this the Gkirkster grabs his sword and readies an action to make julienne spider bits if it plops down in striking distance.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

KnArcana: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
KnNature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Male hp 19/36; AC 21/14/19 Level 5 Burglar

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Assuming that wasn't the massive damage fortitude roll, and I'm still kicking. . . By the way, did I have a potion of CLW or did I dream that?

There are times when blind, unfeeling panic overcomes the logic of anyone. This was one of those moments for Zhiden. Maybe it was the rapidly numbing pain, maybe it was the fear of a creature that could move so quietly.

Zhiden wanted to alert the others of where it was, and to distract the creature while he escaped. With shaking hands he reached into a pocket and withdrew a tindertwig. He struck it against a nearby tree until it lit, and then dropped it on the ground below. With that done, he broke into a run.

Yes, Zhiden is trying to start a forest fire to cover his escape. The only reason I did it is because I made sure that Evangeline had create water.


AC 21b - 11t - 20ff; HP: 44/44; PP: 2/2

Nothing natural about teleporting spiders..

"Aw, great! Zhiden! Don' run around, it moves da poison through ya faster. An' makes it hard fer da preist ta catch up!"

Rova draws that huge blade, and adopts his fighting stance, readying for the monsters inevitable return.

[standard action] (Ready) Attack the spider (?) if it appears in striking distance...


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

KnDungeoneering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

"A teleporting spider does not feel like it's of this plane of existence."

I doubt religion is going to help, but Vertielle could try know(planes)


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

KnPlanes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Wood prepares to summon the shiny dogs; as he casts a dimensional portal begins to form: "The beautific dogs will smell the spider."
Summon Monster II

If the eagle is still active, Wood will send the eagle to investigate.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Oh, also, spellcraft 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Actions will be posted when rolls are resolved.


Wood at first thought the spider may have disappeared, but then he was pretty sure it teleported away. He was determined to stop it from hurting his friends. Summoning extra-dimensional allies was what he did best, so that is what he did.

If undisturbed, 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 dogs appear.


DM Ninja/infinite

The beast is a Phase Spider. It lurks on the etherial plane and waits for its poison to slay its victims.

2,401 to 2,450 of 3,870 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The_Ninja_DM's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.