Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The_Ninja_DM's Carrion Crown

Game Master Spiral_Ninja

The Trial of the Beast: Schloss Caromarc 1


2,201 to 2,250 of 3,870 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>

Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Vertielle winks at Gkirkhan.
Wood, scribe a few scrolls of his most dangerous spells, and be ready to counter them.
She turns in to work on her journal, and will shop in the early morning.


Kendra speaks up "You know, he may have a point. If the -Splatter Man?- is still capable of spellcasting and uses magic missile, Shield spells would be of benefit."


DM Ninja/infinite

So Kendra is now a guy? I have to stop posting when I've just woken up.

Pitor, the elderly butler, speaks up. "I don't know about scrolls, but I believe he had a wand that cast shield. Let me see if I can find it.


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

Great now, I'm thinking of this song


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 4/11

"Duuuude looks like a lady!" bow-wow bow-wow
"Duuuude looks like a lady!" bow-wow bow-wow


Male hp 19/36; AC 21/14/19 Level 5 Burglar

Wow, I never knew that that was what the lyrics actually said. I always thought it said 'Do it like a lady!' I guess that makes more sense as to why they chose that song for the Mrs. Doubtfire commercials then, doesn't it? Oh, I just revealed how old I am, didn't I?


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 4/11

Bah. You're only as old as you let yourself feel. :) There's a Motley Crue song I'm saving for when I get Raised or Ressed, hopefully I won't have to pull that one out.


Male hp 19/36; AC 21/14/19 Level 5 Burglar

After they ate, Zhiden went to bed early, saying the sooner that the sooner they woke up, the sooner this undead nightmare business would be over. He was planning on doing some shopping before they went back to the prison.

Considering that I know what Adventure Path we are playing, let me be the first to laugh at Zhiden's silly notions. Bwa ha ha ha ha!


DM Ninja/infinite

Kendra says "Spells and potions will help. It looks like we have some time as there have been no further manifestaions in town. Take a few days and get everything ready. If you're worried, you cna check on the prison daily as well to see if anything new has popped up. Please go in prepared. If you fail, you could all die...and the town as well."


DM Ninja/infinite

If everyone is ready, you all head back to the prison. Do you want to speak to Vesorianna before you go down to the lower area?


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

Your right, we could drop off that badge to her.


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 4/11

Gkirkhan's ready.


"I am ready to go. Got your oils of magic weapon and your shield potions? Anyway, I will be trying to counterspell or disrupt while the rest of you help my angelic dogs rip him up."


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Pretty sure I'm ready. Let's swing by Vesorianna on the way in, so she has the warden's badge. I'd like her to be put to rest, in case things go badly.


Male hp 19/36; AC 21/14/19 Level 5 Burglar

Zhiden finished securing his weapons and getting ready, "Lead the way" He said.


DM Ninja/infinite

You all head out to the prison once more. You stop on the ground floor and head towards the workroom where Vesorianna is still bound.

"Oh, you have done so well. Only the Splatter Man left. He's the strongest, the leader, I think. He's still determined to destroy me. please hurry. I feel he has reached another poor soul and will start his bloody letters soon."

She looks at Rova "Oh, a new guard. And so strong-looking. Thank you for coming, for helping. Not like the cowards who left me here."


As soon as he enters new territory, Wood creates a pack of celestial dogs to lead the way to the Splatterman.
Will saves if needed 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Monster Summ II 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 dogs appear.


AC 21b - 11t - 20ff; HP: 44/44; PP: 2/2

Rova's carrying his big blade over his shoulder, his off hand holding a bottle of magic oil.

"So what after dis? I t'ink dis is it fer dis place, yes?"


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

One we manage to put to rest the "Splatterman", we should see where the passageway goes, and furthermore, look for any further signs of the Whispering Way the professor spoke of in his journals.


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 4/11

"As long as dey don't hit like dot last vun, I tink ve should be hokay."

Gkirkhan rubs the spot that the lopper had hit and looks about with an expression halfway between a snarl and a lopsided look of puzzlement on his face.

His other hand holds the hammer, but that's because the axe he used yesterday is taking up the loop of leather that it normally hangs from.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Vertielle conjures a werelight that hovers just in front of her.
Right. Down we go, then.


As they continue into unexplored territory, Wood casts invisibility on himself. Will1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

If Wood notices the curse still in place he reminds the hobbit, "Remember to rip that book up first thing." Wood's disembodied voice is a little eerie coming from thin air.


Male hp 19/36; AC 21/14/19 Level 5 Burglar

Zhiden nodded, then looked back at Wood. He was surprised to find that there was no one there. Oh, there was no one there. He'd heard the spell, but didn't know which it was, Zhiden supposed he knew now. He took the book out of his backpack, and kept it in one hand while he drew his sword in the other.


DM Ninja/infinite

The last, southern corridor is labled 'Nevermore'. As you travel down this corridor, you realize that, unlike the other cellblocks, the fire spread to here. Upon reaching the final guardroom (U10), you find it and its contents charred and partially ruined. The porcullis to the main cellblock is down.


Wood will cast enlarge on Gkirkan. "This may help you open this portcullis."
Will save1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


DM Ninja/infinite

Opening_the_Portcullis:

1: The winch controls are too heavy to fix with mending, you'll need make whole or parts, a craft check, and several hours.

2: Portcullis; hardnesss=10, hp=60, Lift or Break DC 28.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

( I calculate a raging Gkirkhan now has strength 26. That's a mite worrisome if yer a portcullis. )


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

"Given the fire damage, some of the supports may be weakened, so let's do this carefully."


" An earth elemental maybe able to weaken the support."
Wood attempts to summon a small earth elemental to help if needed.


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

"What are you thinking, if a support breaks it could cause a severe cave in."


"I have a working knowledge of engineering. That won't happen."
Portcullis supports are not all loadbearing.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

KnEngineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Relax, say a prayer, something useful.
Vertielle examines the portcullis closely, looking for any evidence the frame might be weakened. Prying out a few bars with the crowbar would be easier than removing the whole thing.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

With the parts, I'm pretty confident I could repair this. On the other hand, Gkirkhan can just raise it and we could pry it up.


"If Gkirkan can't raise it with might alone, I will have an elemental weaken where it is joined to earth or stone."

Wood commands his magic rope to wrap both ends around the portcullis and entertwine itself through the bars so everyone can aid in weakening the portcullis by pulling on it, including his three summoned, celestial dogs.

"Common Rova, heave, we gotta bring this down before our magic wears off."

Aid in STR check for three 19STR dogs (+4)3d20 ⇒ (11, 3, 9) = 23

The weak wizard seems reluctant to participate in the feat of strength himself.


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 4/11

If Rova aids and Gkirkhan takes 20 then we can get it without raging. Gkirk's only got 5 rounds and I think he's gonna need them.

"Hokay, ein, zwei, DREI!"

Bulging muscles fight against rusted iron as the half-orc strains to lift the gate.

Strength (Taking 20): 20 + 6 + 2 = 28 (Assuming Rova helps, or that Wood's roll above helped)
----
Strength: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11 (Assuming Rova helps, or that Wood's roll above helped)
Strength: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18 (Assuming Rova helps, or that Wood's roll above helped)
Strength: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17 (Assuming Rova helps, or that Wood's roll above helped)
Strength: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14 (Assuming Rova helps, or that Wood's roll above helped)
Strength: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28 (Assuming Rova helps, or that Wood's roll above helped) GOT IT
Strength: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9 (Assuming Rova helps, or that Wood's roll above helped)


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

That took a while


Five rounds of lifting means that the dogs go away, but the enlarge/invisibility each had a 40 round duration. Rova may need to reapply his oil when we get closer :-)

"Well, a half minute to wreck a massive portcullis, not bad. Good job Gkirkan."


DM Ninja/infinite

Yes, Rova will help. He's also alseep IRL. You folks do realize you did this the hard way...heheheh.

@Gkirkhan: So, were you trying to Break or Lift it?


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2
Gkirkhan wrote:

...

Bulging muscles fight against rusted iron as the half-orc strains to lift the gate.
...

looks like lift is the answer


DM Ninja/infinite

Well, you got it. You are now in U11.

Several iron doors line the walls of this partially ruined cellblock. The doors themselves hang askew on their hinges, revealing empty cells beyond. Partially burnt wooden support pillars still function in the northern part of the cellblock, while to the south they've collapsed and caused the cell walls to crumble as well. Rivulets of water drip down the southwest portion of the room, with the overflow filling an oubliette hole in the middle of the room nearly to the brim.

DM_rolls:

Evangline Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Gkirkhan Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
Rova Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Vertielle Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Wood Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Zhiden Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

As you enter and look around the area, Rova, Vertielle, and Wood notice drops of blood start to well up and drip from the walls.

Evangline Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Gkirkhan Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Rova Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Vertielle Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Wood Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Zhiden Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Actions?

Initiative order:
Rova
Vertielle
Gkirkhan
Eva
Zhiden
Wood


Wood will cast to create 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 more celestial dogs. That should preserve his invisibility.
Will if needed 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Hopefully it is not needed :-)


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 4/11

"Hokay, vhy iz dere more ov dem glowy doggies?"


DM Ninja/infinite

@Wood: days: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Nope, no glowy doggies.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Vertielle calmly sprinkles the walls with a vial of holy water.
2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5


AC 21b - 11t - 20ff; HP: 44/44; PP: 2/2

"dinn' sumone say sumthin' about bloody letters 'n town?"

Rova follows Vertielle's example, and washs the wall with a vial of holy water (move action - retrieve from belt, standard to apply).

"Bad enuf th' place burns, an' now we got graffiti.."

2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

I do like one-sided fights, but shouldn't there be a monster on the initiative list?


DM Ninja/infinite

Oh, you noticed that...

Anyone who moves after intiative rank 10, give me a will save.

For this round.

At the start of Round 2 and until part 1 of this fight ends, everyone give me a will save each round.


Will 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


DM Ninja/infinite

Part_1:
hp27-5=22-4=18

@Wood: That's not good. If it's still active after rank 10, you loose 2 points of Wisdom.


Male hp 19/36; AC 21/14/19 Level 5 Burglar

Will Save:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

If it is a save against fear, then that should be +8 instead of 4

Zhiden was about to offer some of his holy water to Wood, before he looked around and remembered the Wizard was invisible. He didn't really understand what was going on, but figured that someone in the group must know what they were doing, so he followed the crowd. He splashed holy water on another wall, hoping that it would have some effect. He did all of this one handed, the other hand still clutching the book as though it were a talisman of some sort.

Yeah, I have a bad feeling about this folks.

2d4 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6


DM Ninja/infinite

Part_1:
hp27-5=22-4=18-6=12

@Zhiden: You made the save. It's not fear.

Keep up the good work. You all might just survive to Part 2.

2,201 to 2,250 of 3,870 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The_Ninja_DM's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.