Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The_Ninja_DM's Carrion Crown

Game Master Spiral_Ninja

The Trial of the Beast: Gatehouse labled


1,551 to 1,600 of 3,795 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

Sense motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1 nope...

Gkirkhan grins at the wizard.

"Okay."

He walks up to the skeleton and the book and proceeds to pulverize the two.

Power Attack: 2 hands!
Attack1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 1 = 7 Wow... Dm You wanna describe that snafu?
.
Attack1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 1 = 15 better...
Damage 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 2) + 10 = 16
.
Attack1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 1 = 15
Damage 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 2) + 10 = 14
.
Attack1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 1 = 15
Damage 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 6) + 10 = 22

"All yours"

If I need to explain myself, I will, but I'm hoping the players will find this at least slightly humorous, even if their characters are furious.


DM Ninja/infinite

Gkirkhan walks calmly up to the skeleton and takes a mighty swing...and punches straight through the wall before thoroughly pulverising the skeletal remains of poor Father Charlatan and his journal.

Well, at least now I don't have to write any entries for it...


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

There's a bookloving wizard. Don't count out a few MENDING or even MAKE WHOLE spells.
She grins at that, at least.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


DM Ninja/infinite

@Evangline: As Gkirkhan smashes the skeletal remains to powder, you hear a faint, soft sound of jingling chains. Centered on Gkirkhan.

Spoiler:
Of course it had to be the one character with the lowest will save.


"Gkirkan, I'm taking away your library card you bibliophobe."

that was funny


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

If you gotta make a 20, then Gkirkhan won't be making it.
Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13

@ spoiler: Dammit...


DM Ninja/infinite

Spoiler:
Let's see if we can salvage this

Gkirkhan, give me a will save. Target is 15.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

It's okay you've got like a... 15% chance of making this.


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

Will: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

0_o


DM Ninja/infinite

Spoiler:
Yes! OK, now who can I sic that ghostie/haunt on? hehehehe. Once triggered, the haunt does 1d6 damage to you for every failed will save and 1d6 damage to it for every one you make.

Gkirkhan, you felt a brief chill, almost as if chains had wrapped around you, then fell cleanly to the floor.


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

Gkirkhan looks confused for a moment before his eyes widen in shock and horror. He starts moving to break free, but as soon as the feeling comes, it leaves.

"As soon as we're done, we need to burn this place and make sure it isn't half-assed this time."


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

"I though I heard chains on Gkirkhan"


Female Human Ninja 3

"Yes Gkirkhan, you have it right. As soon as we have finished our business here, we shall burn this place down. We can't allow this blasphemous ruin to threaten this town in the future. "


DM Ninja/infinite

Spoiler:
What, no one wants to purify the place, repair it, and set up a base?


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

Well... The Sarenites believe that fire is the greatest purifier IIRC.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

When I played this we consecrated the place and made it a fortress, lol.
We examine the cells in T4 headed to T4b.


DM Ninja/infinite

I need two things.

1: marching order as you leave the room.

2. Which corridor are you using? The one with T4 printed on it or the one without?


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

With the T4. I'll go first, but I'll let Gkirkhan or Que pass me, if they will. Technically the light-weasel is up front. Take point little buddy!

As a player I hate to split the party but Vertielle would have the group split into two fireteams down the two corridors- Gkirkhan, Vertielle; Que, Eva, Wood; and meet up around T3 at the end of the hall and turn right. I'm guessing someone shouts down that theory.

Why don't you humans take the godchild down that corridor? We'll meet at the end. I doubt the prisoners had anything of value, but guards may have entered the room, or there may be clues of a sort- I'd rather not miss a cell, and I'd rather not spend any longer here doubling back. We won't even all fit abreast in these hallways.


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

Gkirkhan's first, and I believe that the half-orc is now normal size by now.


As many times as Wood has been the subject of melee attacks, he feels splitting up only increases the odds.

Gkirkan reminded me of this scene when he smashed the book===> Link


DM Ninja/infinite

The corridors are 10' wide.

Who is last out of the cell?

Who is taking which corridor?


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

The one with the T4 label. Don't know about everyone else though.


Female Human Ninja 3

Que leads Eva and Wood down the other corridor then, always on guard.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


DM Ninja/infinite

Those of you in the T4 corridor, Perception checks, please.


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
I'm also currently detecting magic.


DM Ninja/infinite

The first thing either of you notice is doors in front of you swinging open as two skeletons step out. Vertielle, you also hear the same sound from behind you.

At this point you are in the square under the T. The skeletons are coming from cells 1, 3 5, & 7, counting down from the cell south of T4b. Remember, these are 10' squares.


DM Ninja/infinite

@Group Que: You are at the square across from T4 in the other corridor. I will need perception rolls from you to notice anything odd.


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

"Damn. Don't suppose you have any spells to make me hit more?"

Gkirkhan, with hammer in hand, sets his feet and motions for the bard to get behind him. He holds his attack though, waiting for the opportunity to strike.

Inish: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Readying to hit the first skeleton that gets in range, hard.
Power Attack: 2 hands
Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 1 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


DM Ninja/infinite

Vertielle, I need your intiative, please.

Init_Skeletons: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Initiatives:
Gkirkhan (15)
Skeletons (8)


Female Human Ninja 3
The_Ninja_DM wrote:

@Group Que: You are at the square across from T4 in the other corridor. I will need perception rolls from you to notice anything odd.

Does the roll I made in that post count?

Que Xuang wrote:

Que leads Eva and Wood down the other corridor then, always on guard.

perception:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


DM Ninja/infinite

Yes. You hear Gkirkhan speaking from the other corridor.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
There'll be no hiding behind you in this fight, my friend, she says with a casual calmness as she draws her whip.
Remember to bludgeon, near the spine is best. Mayhap the ribs. Their fingers are as claws now, be wary of them.
Activate Naturalist, +1 on attack and AC against skeletons.


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

"Protect my back then."

Gkirkhan gives the bard a wicked grin as he shifts his stance a little.


"Sounds like they found something, let's go."
Wood follows Que, she seems to know her way around.


DM Ninja/infinite

Que, Wood, I need your initative rolls.

Evangline, Que, Wood, it wil take you two rounds to reach the fight. I'l need new perception rolls from you three during the second round.

Initiative order:
Vertielle (20)
Gkirkhan (15)
Evangline (11)
Skeletons (8)

Round 1:
Gkirkhan & Vertielle hold their ground as the skeletons move up to them.

Gkirkhan takes the AoO and destroys one of his two.

[ooc=edit]I can spell skeletons, really[/ooc]


INIT 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
"Get em Gkirkan, hit them like they are a book."


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

The half-elf grins wickedly. Crunch.


Female Human Ninja 3

initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Noticing the sound of combat coming from the other corridor, she mentions her comrades to follow her and rushes to where she hears the sounds.


DM Ninja/infinite

Initiative order:
Vertielle (20)
Gkirkhan (15)
Que (14)
Evangline (11)
Skeletons (8)

End of round 1 Que's group arrives at the north end of the corridor to see a fight in progress in a misty corridor.

Eva, Que, Wood, perception checks along with your actions.


PER 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
WILL 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Female Human Ninja 3

For Perception, please see my last post


DM Ninja/infinite

Ok, cool.

Eva, Que, and Wood: as you round the end of that set of cells you also hear the sound of a pipe and the flapping of ghostly wings.

Wood, there's something -familiar- about that tune.

Gkirkhan and Vertielle, this round give me Perception checks please.

Victim: 1d5 ⇒ 2

Gkirkhan, this place hates you; will save, please.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

Poor Gkirkhan.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

If at first you don't succeed, the bard will help.

1,551 to 1,600 of 3,795 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The_Ninja_DM's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.