Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The_Ninja_DM's Carrion Crown

Game Master Spiral_Ninja

The Trial of the Beast: Gatehouse labled


1,501 to 1,550 of 3,795 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

What kind of #@$% piece of €*¥$ item does jack $#!^ except keep a bloody few ¤£€#$%ing £¤%#ers from £€¥¤#% me? That's so £¥¢¥£ing LAME.

Kay, I'm done.
Vertielle stops playing the flute with a look of disgust. Useless piece of... Seen better magic on a whistle...
Still muttering, she conjures a light to float ahead of her, making two lefts to head towards the Nunnery.


Female Human Ninja 3

Perhaps it is meant to be used against the ghost of the piper himself?

Que wipes her wakizashi clean and follows Vertielle to the nunnery.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

I'm sure the +1 axe is a helluva lot better at... anything. I could probably hit stuff with it and make a better instrument.


DM Ninja/infinite

It's not magical, it's cursed. You've just made all your will saves.


Off to a corrupted nunnery. I can't imagine anything scary there, except for undead nuns of course.


DM Ninja/infinite

It's actually a joke. 'Get the to a nunnery' ment go join a bordello.


DM Ninja/infinite

Heading directly south from the stairwell brings you to a large open area. to the south is what must have been a guard area, blocked off from the cellblock areas by an arc of rusty iron bars. Within the arc sits an old wooden table and some chairs. Two doors are situated on either side of the table and to the east is a door leading into the guard area. There is another corridor leading north back to the dining area. You can see a door about half-way up the eastern wall of that corridor.

Along the southern wall leading to the area labeled 'the nunnery' are three more wooden doors, two of which appear to be cell doors. There appear to be only four more cell doors in this area. Of the six cells in this area, five contain skeletal bodies.


Wood will cast enlarge on Gkirkan after 12 seconds of arguing with his new spellbook.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Female Human Ninja 3

"We should proceed carefully, those skeletons make me really nervous. Who knows if they stay dead?"

With these words, Que draws her Wakizshi and cautiously approaches the door to the east. She opens the door slightly, looking through the gap if there is any visible danger waiting for them beofore she opens the door fully and steps inside (if there is no visible danger).

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


DM Ninja/infinite

The doors to the cells are still locked, though rusty. The bodies inside look as though they may have been struggling with the doors in their last moments.

Give me a strength check to open it.


Female Human Ninja 3

strength check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Vertielle uses magic to search the rooms without having to open the doors.
Sift, clockwise for Nunnery: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 101d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 81d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


DM Ninja/infinite

Link to map: http://i.imgur.com/JcBbt.jpg

Place yourselves.

As Vertielle scans the area, the door next to the cabinet at the end of this short hallway bursts open and an undead form with glowing red eyes and clad in rotten prison rags bursts out. The form, it's putrid and rotting flesh and partially skeletal body barely revealing it's once feminine nature, lunges forward, charging at Wood.

victim: 1d5 ⇒ 5

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Wood, if that hits you take 1 level energy drain


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

Link to map: Map


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Vertielle stands approximately at the top of the "6" on the map, casting her spells.
Inish: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
KnReligion: 10 + 7 = 17


DM Ninja/infinite

@Vertielle: you're facing a wight.


Darn, I hoped I could hide behind an enlarged Gkirkan. Status=level drain x1. Put me in the back.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

If I beat its initiative, I cast grease between us and it, just ahead of it, and tell Gkirkhan to hold fast and make ready, drawing my sword. If not, or if it surprised us, I draw my sword, moving to flank with Que and aid defensively.
Aid Another +2 attack: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 1 - 4 = 4
No aid, but flanking at least. AC is currently 16.
Grease DC 15


DM Ninja/infinite

Ooops, my bad.

Initiative_wight: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Wood, you have a chance if everyone else beats it down.


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 Put me in front of Vertielle

Enlarged, hammer in hand, and at the limit of his patience, not how one wants to meet Gkirkhan.

"Why can nothing in this place JUST. STAY. DEAD!"

He punctuates his statement by slamming his hammer into the creature making it's way to Wood.

Power Attack: 2-hands as always
Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 1 = 20
Damage: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 3) + 10 = 19


DM Ninja/infinite

Initiative order:
Gkirkhan (20)
Vertielle (18)
Evangline (14)
Wight (7)

Wood, Que, I need your initiatives.

Gkirkhan slams his hammer down on the approaching undead creature, nearly crushing it, but it (she?) staggers past him on it's way to the wizard.

hp: 26 - 19 = 7


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

It needs a reflex save to not fall on it's @$$. Grease. DC15. Otherwise, it'll be making a very frightened expression at Gkirkhan's feet. (unless it surprised us, of course, which I doubt it did, though there was no specification)


Does Gkirkan get an AoO as the wight goes by?


Female Human Ninja 3

initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Maneuvering into position to take advantage of Vertielles positioning, Que strikes furiously at the undead.

attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

sneak attack: 1d6 ⇒ 1

"yes, you are right Gkirkhan. STAY DEAD YOU FOUL CREATURE!"


DM Ninja/infinite

Reflex_Wight: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

And as Gkirkhan swings and hits the Wight slips and falls prone.

Stats:
AC15/T11/FF14; HP26/7

Initiative order:
Gkirkhan (20)
Vertielle (18)
Evangline (14)
Que (11)
Wight (7)

Wood, I still don't see your initiative.

Yes, Gkirkhan gets an AoO.

Go ahead, splat my poor monster.


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

Gleefully!
Power Attack: Since it lasts a whole round.
Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 1 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (1, 3) + 10 = 14

"STAY DOWN!"

For Gkirkhan's next trick, he'll splat a wight all over the hallway.

"I really hate it when they squirt like that."


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

"Your right, we should have laid down some newspapers."

Sorry, I could not resist making a movie reference


DM Ninja/infinite

You destroy the wight before it reaches Wood. A search of the area reveals nothing. If there are any more monsters in this area, they're cowering in fear somewhere.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Damn right they are. Heading through the guard post to south balcony.


DM Ninja/infinite

As you open the doors to the southern balcony, give me a Perception or KN: Engineering check, please.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
KnEngineering: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


DM Ninja/infinite

1d100 ⇒ 92

As you step out onto the balcony,it creaks alarmingly.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Vertielle steps back. Hmm, she ponders, and sends tendrils of transparent neon green magic to search the balcony in her stead.
Sift: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 5 = 12


"Gkirkan, at about 1500 pounds, you probably want to stay off that balcony."


DM Ninja/infinite

All you find on the balcony are a few holes in the floor.


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

"No problem."

For some reason he cannot explain, Gkirkhan feels very proud of himself. Maybe it's all the undead cowering in his mighty presence.
@ DM: If Gkirkhan can hit it, he's gonna squash it.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

We leave the balcony to examine t7


DM Ninja/infinite

Like most of the doors, this one is slightly warped, but can be forced open with little effort, revealing an oddly shaped but rather spacious cell containing no concesions to comfort.

A sleletal body dressed in the reamins of rotting prison clothing lies slumped against the eastern wall next to the only window, wrapped in numeous chains, locked with weighted and sealed padlocks affixed with various holy symbols. Clutched in it's bony hands is the rotted, tattered remains of a book of some kind.


Female Human Ninja 3

Que steps closer to inspect the remains, suspicious that the remains will animate each moment.

"Who might this poor soul have been?"


"Another scary book for my collection. Gkirkan, do you want to make sure he is just dead and not undead?"


DM Ninja/infinite

Let me know if anyone touches the book or the remains.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Vertielle first gazes at the remains with apprehension, her eyes glowing the green of magic.
Detect Magic


DM Ninja/infinite

Nothing here appears magical.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

She thinks long about Que's question, trying to think who would be so bound.
KnHistory: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


DM Ninja/infinite

Hm. All those holy symbols, chained to him...now that you look, welded shut...


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

This must be one Sefick Corvin, though why he be so draped in holy symbols is beyond me. They were, I suppose, the focus of his crime, but lest they be a cruel device to torture him with his deeds, it remains a mystery to me.
Vertielle nods to Wood.
I sense no lingering magic, but it may well be dormant. Go ahead and take your book, wizard, but be wary the corpse does not take you in trade.


Wood looks at Gkirkan, "I think you have been checking out the books I find. Why don't you look at this one now, then hand it to me?"

Wood smiles at Gkirkan.
I still haven't forgot that.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Vertielle scowls at wood but remains silent. There is a dire vengeance in her eyes, and a seething anger that learned long ago to hate.

Sense Motive DC11:

Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 This wizard, clutching his book, tall and ungainly and pointing his bony finger here and there for the half-orc to follow has stirred that anger in a way only memory can.


DM Ninja/infinite

Everyone, give me Perception checks.

1,501 to 1,550 of 3,795 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The_Ninja_DM's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.