Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The_Ninja_DM's Carrion Crown

Game Master Spiral_Ninja

The Trial of the Beast: Gatehouse labled


1,351 to 1,400 of 3,722 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

hp 27/39; AC 15/11/14; Luck 8/8 rounds

Actually Que can backstab with an acrobatics to move through the spider's square.
Vertielle tries her best to aid Gkirkhan, deflecting any attacks that look as though they may break his guard.
Aid Another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
+ 2 AC, Gkirkhan.


1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Wood manages to open a dimensional portal to another dimension. He places the portal in the midst of the spiders so his companions can easily flank the forward spiders.

Monster Summoning I - Dog

augmented dog stats:

Riding Dog CR 1
XP 400
N Medium Animal
Init +2; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +8

Defense

AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11 (+2 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 17 (2d8+8)
Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +1

Offense

Speed 40 ft.
Melee bite +5 (1d6+5 plus trip)

Statistics
Str 19, Dex 15, Con 19, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Base Atk +1; CMB +5; CMD 15 (19 vs. trip)


Female Human Ninja 3

Que is is feinting an attack to the righ side of the spider, to move to a more advantagous position and attacks the spider from behind

acrobatics to get in flanking position: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

attack +2 from flanking: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

sneak attack damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


DM Ninja/infinite
Gkirkhan wrote:

That's a crit threat, mind rolling to confirm.

FORT: 1d20+4

crit_confirm: 1d20 ⇒ 11

No confirmation and you save vs poison.

Initiative Order:
Gkirkhan (21)
Evangline (18)
Spiders (15)
Wood (9)
Vertielle (9)
Que (8)

Que finishes hers off, there seems to be only one left.

Evangline, I think we're missing your action.


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 3 / Monk(Martial Artist) 2

can I reach and attack a spider?


DM Ninja/infinite

Yes. Remember the squares on the map are 10' squares not 5'.


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 3 / Monk(Martial Artist) 2

Sweet

she does a kick attack at a spider
Atk: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

ick, bad rolls


HP: 56/73 AC 16/12/12: F+9, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5, Rage: 6/9

Power Attack:
Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 1 = 14 Here's hoping they have mediocre ACs
Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 2) + 9 = 12

Seeing the bug-a-phobic cleric/monk lash out at the remaining spider, but missing, Gkirkhan decides he wants in on the fun too.

"This is how you squash a bug!"


Dog if needed after spider:

Dog attack w flank/damage 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 101d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


DM Ninja/infinite

The spider gleefully dances away from your attacks.

Spoiler:
AC 16/Touch 15/ Flat-footed 12

With everyone in the room, and finding itself cornered, the spider attacks 1d5 ⇒ 3 Que.

bite: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1

And I'll need a fort save.


Female Human Ninja 3

Fortitude: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Ministats:
AC: 15/Touch: 13/ flat-fotted: 12.
Hp: 22/23
Saves: 0/6/1


DM Ninja/infinite

Que: Just missed it. -1 Str/round for 4 rounds; you can try to save again each round.


hp 27/39; AC 15/11/14; Luck 8/8 rounds

Gkirkhan aren't you flanking with Que? Your attack should hit a 16,and you guys forgot naturalist again. Gkirkhan's attack roll is a 17, and Que's save is a 13.


HP: 56/73 AC 16/12/12: F+9, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5, Rage: 6/9

Sorry, if it makes you feel any better I keep forgetting an "always-on" bonus in a game I'm in that Chainmail (Wood) runs.


hp 27/39; AC 15/11/14; Luck 8/8 rounds

Another game I'll have to remind you =P I'm gonna wait to hear results before my turn.


DM Ninja/infinite

With those bonuses, Gkirkhan hits (and splatters the thing) and Que saves.

A quick search confirms that those were all the spiders in this room.
You also locate a web-covered cabinet containing the following:

5 vials of holy water
a scroll of lesser restoration
an unlabled wand


DM Ninja/infinite

Where to next? You have the warped door oposite this room, and a T corridor to investigate. You could also head back up the way you came in.


hp 27/39; AC 15/11/14; Luck 8/8 rounds

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Let's go across the hall, then clear these in a clockwise manner. That'll make it easier for me to finish this new map.
Vertielle hands each person a holy water, and gives the scroll to Eva.
Here, this looks divine.
Her eyes grow green as she insects the wand.


DM Ninja/infinite

Cure Light Wounds; about half expended (15 charges)

With Gkirkan pushing and the rest of you aiding, you can force that door open, revealing the irregularly-shaped chamber beyond. This room is in shambles. Old wooden benches lie in ruins along the walls, while rusty chains and bits of rotten rope lie scattered on the floor.

Perception checks, please.


HP: 56/73 AC 16/12/12: F+9, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5, Rage: 6/9

Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11

"I think the prisoners had some weird hobbies."


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 3 / Monk(Martial Artist) 2

"I don't want to know."


Female Human Ninja 3

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


hp 27/39; AC 15/11/14; Luck 8/8 rounds

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


DM Ninja/infinite

Vertielle, as you enter the room you hear a faint sobbing and the clinking rattle of chains. You find yourself filled with hopelessness and the sensation of heavy manacles being clamped onto your wrists.


hp 27/39; AC 15/11/14; Luck 8/8 rounds

Her sword flies into her hand, a single tear rolling down her cheek. Between jaws clenched in sorrow to stay their trembling, she hisses There is a budding darkness here.


Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


HP: 56/73 AC 16/12/12: F+9, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5, Rage: 6/9

Before anything else happens, I just want it known that Gkirkhan will have grabbed the mace after the fight. He;ll go back after opening the door if he has to.

"Vertielle? You okay?"

Gkirkhan looks concerned for the bard. He tilts his hat up to get a better look at Vertielle and make sure she's okay. There also seems to be something else in his bearing and something else is in his eyes.

Sense Motive DC 15:
Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Somebody made her cry, somebody is about to learn what pain handed down from a half-orc feels like.


hp 27/39; AC 15/11/14; Luck 8/8 rounds

I'm... I'm okay. She rubs her hand over her wrist, still gripping her sword with white knuckles. There, along her wrist, a thin white scar twists across the wrist.
We'll have to have a word with the sheriff, she growls.


DM Ninja/infinite

As everyone gathers around Vertielle the clinking sound becomes real as a set of manacles rises from the floor and attacks Que!

The dice hate Que today

Initiatives, please.

Manacles_initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

victim: 1d5 ⇒ 3


hp 27/39; AC 15/11/14; Luck 8/8 rounds

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Ha that's ridiculous.


HP: 56/73 AC 16/12/12: F+9, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5, Rage: 6/9

Inish: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

"Is it because his stuff keeps trying to kill us?"

Round 1 actions: This is Gkirkhan we're talkin' about here. He's drawing his hammer and is about to practice his smithing skills!
Move: Draw hammer and get beside the manacles while doing so.
Power Attack:
Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 1 = 10 That probably didn't hit.


Know Arcana 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Know Religion 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Will Save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Wood tries to see what is causing the manacles to animate, has no idea. Attempts to cast a spell and stops.

It is not one of the mage's finer moments.


Female Human Ninja 3

initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Que sees the manacles flying towards her and in her shock tries to catch them out of the air before they can attack her or worse before they cuff her.

grabble: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


DM Ninja/infinite

Gkirkhan swings wildly while Que, though startled, still manages to grapple the flying manacles.

Initiative order:
Gkirkhan (21)
Que (20)
Wood (18)
manacles (3)
Vertielle (2)

need Eva's initiative.


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 3 / Monk(Martial Artist) 2

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


DM Ninja/infinite

OK, current intitiative order:
Evangline (22)
Gkirkhan (21)
Que (20)
Wood (18)
manacles (3)
Vertielle (2)

Actions, please. If it's still up when it's Que's turn, she will grab it out of the air.


Wood already quickly did nothing :-). I am in day 2 of dealing with my new 'precious' spellbook.


DM Ninja/infinite

Actions so far:
Gkirkhan; swing and a miss
Que; snatch and grapple
Wood; dither a bit


hp 27/39; AC 15/11/14; Luck 8/8 rounds

Vertielle is waiting to see Eva's reaction before posting, as it'll decide what I'll be able to and want to do, but for now,
KnArcana: 10 + 9 = 19
KnReligion: 10 + 7 = 17


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 3 / Monk(Martial Artist) 2

Eva attacks it

Atk: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Atk: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


hp 27/39; AC 15/11/14; Luck 8/8 rounds

I'll wait to see how it looks and save my bardic music rounds.


DM Ninja/infinite

Eva's attack hits, but doesn't seem to damage it.

Vertielle, you learn nothing from your religious knowledge about this object.


hp 27/39; AC 15/11/14; Luck 8/8 rounds

I take ten on all knowledge checks to identify the animating force behind it. 13 in all save nature, 17, and previous stated checks.


HP: 56/73 AC 16/12/12: F+9, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5, Rage: 6/9

Hammer Time!
Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 1 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Gkirkhan's eyes seem a little wild as he brings his hammer down in a mighty two handed swing.

"Hold still! I don't wanna smash your hands!"


Female Human Ninja 3

Next round Que tries to Pin the animated manacles if they are still acting

grabble to pin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


DM Ninja/infinite

@Vertielle:

Spoiler:
KN Arcana (for constructs and animated objects) is what you need.

This time Gkirkhan's mighty swing connects...but does conciderably less damage than it should.

hardness=10; hp5-2=3

Que barely manages to pin the squirming thing, which then attempts to break away.

CMB_vs_grapple: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

It manages, but has no further action at this time.


hp 27/39; AC 15/11/14; Luck 8/8 rounds

I have a 19 KnArcana posted, is this insufficient?


DM Ninja/infinite

@Vertielle: sorry I misread your post and didn't realize that was for arcana. Yes, it's sufficient.

This is an animated object, not a haunt,though the fact that this place is haunted may be the cause rather than a deliberate animation. As a metal object it has hardness, but it may be vulnerable to changes in temperature -hot or cold- or some other form of magical attack.


As much as physical activity is not Wood's strong point, he attempts to aid Gkirkan get a solid hit on it as much as he can. For a studious wizard that never exercises, he manages to be a little more effective than you would think.
1d20 ⇒ 14 to hit melee is -1 total


hp 27/39; AC 15/11/14; Luck 8/8 rounds

Aid Another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
With the time-honored cry of a fencer, Vertielle doubles the manacles upon themselves, presenting a wider and more impactable target for the hammer-toting half-Orc.
That's a +4 so far to attack, Gkirkhan.

1,351 to 1,400 of 3,722 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The_Ninja_DM's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.