Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The_Ninja_DM's Carrion Crown

Game Master Spiral_Ninja

The Trial of the Beast: Gatehouse labled


1 to 50 of 3,807 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

DM Ninja/infinite

Ok, here's the first try.


Where's your recruit thread?


You barely catch a glimpse of the cloaked figure holding a large old tome emerging from the fog.
Just making sure this shows up on my campaign tab.


Female Human Ninja 3

posting to make this appear on my campaign tab


Male Dwarf Barbarian 1

posting for campaign tab


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

Dottink I have this tab open, but probably a good idea to post here anyway.


DM Ninja/infinite

So the arriving mourners are:

Evangline Valeria Aurora
Gkirkhan
Que Xuan
Wood
Kurik Thurgan
Rhia Van der Geist

To all: the weather has been miserable; foggy and damp with the threat of a cold rain.

It's nearing sundown on Fireday 16 Pharast 4712 as the coach pulls into the Ravengro town square. Suddenly the area is lit by a flash of lightning as the rain starts. [edited to correct the date]

Those of you who came by coach will notice a figure standing near a post (or something) next to what seems to be a shop. The figure, startled by your arrival and the lightning, drops something and ducks quickly between two buildings, vanishing into the mist.

Those who came in from the north passed the Boneyard. You think you may have seen movement in there during the flash, but it's too foggy to be sure.

Those of you coming from the south see, through the mist and the sudden flash, a huge ruined building outlined agains the sky. You seem to see movement...something (or things) flying, maybe?


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

Gkirkhan stares at the place where the shadows appeared.
"Hy thinks dot dere be more to de schmott guy's death den vas hinted ot."
He continues on being much more cautious in the heavy rain.


DM Ninja/infinite

Anyone coming from the south make a KN history or local roll.


Female Human Ninja 3

The Tian woman stamps through the rain, pulling her coat deep over her face to protect her from the rain, while she tries to keep herself warm as she holds the coat closed tightly.

As she passes by the graveyard, coming from the north, she thinks she has seen some movement and stops shortly, trying to make out where the movement came from.

Perception check, if necessary:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


DM Ninja/infinite

@ Que: You can't tell for sure...it could just have been the wind or a watchman or something.


Female Human Ninja 3

The woman shrugs and hurries forward.


DM Ninja/infinite

Link to town map: http://www.medals.org.uk/0-games/carrion-crown/ravengro-town-map.jpg

P is towards the Boneyard, R is towards the large ruined building, A is where the coach let out and the B in the town square is where the figure was.


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

The coach rumbles into the town square just as the sky erupts in a cold downpour as if the sky itself shed tears for the good Professor. As the coach comes to a halt the door opens, seemingly on its own as it is a few moments before a slender figure emerges, features concealed by the hood of a white overcloak of excellent quality.

The figure reaches into the coach, taking out a large travel bag as they begin to make their way across the square.

Perception1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 12 if undead


DM Ninja/infinite

@ Rhia: You don't think the figure was undead, but its action was odd. There is a lit lantern there, now that you look. The post might be the town's message board. Maybe he or she was reading it and was startled by the coach?

@Gkirkhan and Que:You each can notice the other traveler on the road.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 1

From the north, would I be able to make a perception check for the shape of what I thought I saw?

If so then I get
1D20 (5) + 1 = 6


Male Dwarf Barbarian 1

Anyways

From the north, a rather wild looking dwarf approaches on foot, he has weapons on him but they are sheathed. He announces "I'm sorry 'bout tha professor, a good man 'e was and now i'm 'ere to pay me respects to 'im"

He bows his head and turns silent.


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

Where's your alias and avatar?

At school, not much time.

Will post tutorial, if needed in Discussion thread


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

@Soberdwarf: you can use the die roller on the boards. {dice}[# of dice]d[die size]+[bonuses/penalties]{/dice}, replace the bracketed words with the appropriate numbers and the curly braces with brackets.

Gkirkhan looks the traveler over, trying to find out whether he should get his attention with a greeting or by swinging for his head.
Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14

I know Que's a woman, but Gkirkhan doesn't ;).


Male Dwarf Barbarian 1
Gkirkhan wrote:

@Soberdwarf: you can use the die roller on the boards. {dice}[# of dice]d[die size]+[bonuses/penalties]{/dice}, replace the bracketed words with the appropriate numbers and the curly braces with brackets.

Gkirkhan looks the traveler over, trying to find out whether he should get his attention with a greeting or by swinging for his head.
Perception: 1d20-2

I know Que's a woman, but Gkirkhan doesn't ;).

Oh, I was just using a die roller in another tab.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 1

Muttering to himself
"This 'ere rain's durn awful, I 'ope it clears up soon and that thar storm e' says ter me, thats somthin' we ne'er had ter deal wit' back in me hold oh no, we 'ad orcs 'n slitherin' abominations an' whatnot down thar were tha sun ne'er shines on ye"


DM Ninja/infinite

@ Rhia (and anyone else on the coach): As you disembark, you hear a 'woof' and see an old dog peering out from under the steps of the gazebo in the center of the town square. It doesn't seem hostile, that was more of a 'strangers here' kind of bark.


Female Human Ninja 3

Que notices the tall figure which seems to be headed the same way as her. She heads towards the lonely figure asking herself if this is another one coming to Ravengro for the Professor's funeral, if not she will at leasst have a little company for the last few meters.

"Greetings traveller. Are you here for the Porfessor's funeral too?"


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

"Yez. De schmott guy vas a goot drinkink buddy. Vell, Hy only vent drinkink vith him vunce, after ve meet, after a keeled a bounch ov bandits dot vas tryink to keel him."

Gkirkhan looks over at the traveler and gets a better look now. He realizes that he is talking to a woman, and predictably...

"So, sveetheart, mehbes after all de cryink iz over, Hy could give hyu a bit ov cheerink op, yah?"

Sense Motive DC 21:

bluff to hide how he plans to cheer her up:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
He is really digging what he's seeing of Que right now, and would like to see at least a little more.

I did warn everybody that this guys a womanizer. ;)


As coming from the south is consistent with the fog in the first post...
A young scholar appears out of the fog in the south. He seems strangely unperturbed by the strange weather and the ominous structure. His movements are that of a much older man well past his prime and his complexion is pale. The scholar is somewhat unattractive and his complexion is pale and his hands are uncalloused--it is clear he does not get outside much or do any physical labor.
His eyes are piercing and intelligent and he walks with purpose and conviction to the graveyard.


Female Human Ninja 3

The Tian woman laughs about that coincidence but you can see that there is also a bit os sadness in her laughter.

"I've met him in a situation not much different, but in my case it was a couple of killers after him. Seems the professor had a habbit to get into trouble..." she pauses shortly. You heard what killed him?

Sense Motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

" Oh yes, perhaps we should go and get a drink or so after everything is over." She laughs again, the sadness almost gone from her voice. I am Que Xuan, nice to meet you. And Who might you be?


DM Ninja/infinite

@ Wood: Did you want to make a KN: history or KN: local on the creepy ruined building?


Know: History(first roll)/Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 291d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

The young scholar tries to remember if the strange structure came up in any of the research he has done and seems to recall......


DM Ninja/infinite

@Wood: That must be Harrowstone, a ruined prison. It was partially destroyed in 4662 and never rebuilt. Like most ruins in Ustalav, it's supposedly haunted. It certainly looks like it could be.

OOC:
If you've seen or played the module I've deliberately shifted the dates for the destruction of prison by a year for story reasons.


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

"De name's Gkirkhan, Mizz Que, und de pleasure iz all mine. Hy em afraid hy don't know vot keeled de Professor, bot Hy vould lurve to have a drink vit hyu after de funeral."

Gkirkhan smiles at Que, showing his toothy grin. His eyes seem to light up under the shadow of the hat on his head, and he seems downright cheerful despite the somber occasion and the nasty weather.


DM Ninja/infinite

@Whoever's in the town square: the wind whips a small white sheet of something across the intervening space and it wraps around your boot.

Examing it you see it's a message fallen (or ripped) from the message board. The paper is torn, the multiple rips even splitting Pharasma's sign on the top of the sheet. It also appears to have been stepped on by a booted foot.

The notice is of the professor's burial, scheduled for tomorrow, signed by Father Vauran Grimburrow. Nearly torn completely off, dangling by just a small thread, is an addendum reading as follows:

Once again, I request volunteers as pallbearers.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 1

To the others oming from the north.
"So I suppose ye're here fer tha' professors funeral eh? Me name is Kurik, I was a guard for 'im back wot when 'e was alive. Good man 'e was, 'e paid well an' was none too bad for drinkin' either. So what're ye two here fer wit' tha professor?"


The young scholar approaches the burial site. "I would like to be a pallbearer. If I am in the middle my weakness can be covered up by strong folks on the corners. The honor, I feel, is required. Signs and gestures mean much in the greater world."


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

Also arriving by foot is what appears to be an ulfen woman of about 6 foot 3.
She has a curvy human build with comely heavenly features and pale skin. Her face looks human, but is more heavenly.
She has Sapphire blue eyes and lose Golden Blonde Hair that ends near her waist.
she is wearing this add shorts (to mid thigh) and a bust bodice underneath the chain shirt, and the chain shirt goes between the clothing and the bust bodice.

"Looks like I made it on time, for the professor's funeral.
I'm willing to be a pallbearer for the later professor."


@group: Once in town you head to the only obvious place to stay, The Outward Inn. You are greeted by a human woman.

"Welcome. I am Sarianna Vai. How can I help you tonight? Rooms are 2 gold and meals are 5 silver."

She looks you over.

"We don't get many strangers here. Are you here for Professor Lorrimor's funeral?

When you confirm that's why you're here she says "Miss Lorrimor covered your stay and meals for two days. The boy will show you to your rooms and we'll get you up and fed in the morning. He'll show you the way to the Restlands tomorrow, as well."

Did anyone check the message board in the town square?


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

Nope, not me.
Gkirkhan looks at the innkeeper with a look of sadness.

*sniff*"Mizz Lorrimor iz too kind to such a soul as Hy,especially so soon after her poppa's death. Tellz her dot I vill not forget dis. If she needs enyting, enyting ot all, Hy am herz to command."

Gkirkhan finishes with a flourishing bow as he sweeps his hat off his head revealing silky black locks of hair that many a Chelish woman would envy. All in all, everyone in the room probably thinks that Gkirkhan is a big ham. They'd be right too, although it may not be wise to point that out to a man with such a toothy grin.


Female Human Ninja 3

Que Xuna arrives in the company of the dwar and the flirty half-orc at the Outward Inn. After the short talk with Sarianna, she turns to her companions.

"I don't know about you, but I am dying for something to eat. Perhaps we can have some lunch and share our stories about he professor?"


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

"Ov course. But Hy em afraid Hy haven't eet enyting all dey. Mizz Sarianna? Could Hy trouble hyu for a bat sandvich?"


A young scholar arrives at the inn and is socially awkward and physically frail. His penetrating eyes are his most noticeable trait. He looks at you and the other patrons and takes in the details as if he is storing them for recall later. "Something hot to eat or drink please."
As he studies the patrons he is drawn to the pleasant conversation about the professor. He feels an instinctive bond with those who knew the professor as he did. Maybe this is what a family feels. Being a loner feels....well, lonely. I could get used to this.
Wood awkwardly tucks his books into his pack and looks around the room. Maybe a warm meal, cold drink, and maybe this puzzle will have a few clues I can think on.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

An apparently young woman of slim build and middling height steps out of the rain with a shiver, pulling the straps of her well worn pack higher on her shoulders. Other than this, she carries no luggage, but is most definitely a fellow traveler. Though she wears a coat of fine quality, her red streaked hair was unprotected from the downpour, and she quickly shakes out the cold rain. Vibrant green eyes, with irises so broad they obscured what white her eyes might possess, scanned the room with a practiced efficiency. Happening upon a young man stuffing books into a pack, they may well have lit up. Seeming to immediately relax, she has a short exchange with Sarianna before passing her pack along with a silver piece to a porter boy. Despite the occasion, she nearly skips into the conversation.
"What appropriate weather for such a somber occasion, do you agree?" She holds out a hand to the table as a whole in greeting. "I'm Vertielle, a colleague of the late professor. It's an honor to meet you all, his friends."

speak elven:

Vertielle is an obviously Taldane bastardization of the elven "vert iel" meaning green eyed.


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

she replies to Sarianna Vai in a calm yet sorrow-filled voice.
"Yes, I'm with here for Professor Lorrimor's funeral as well."

she walks over and joins the others, as Sarianna Vai pointed to the table where the fellow mourners have gathered.

I'm probably the only one hear who arrived by foot.

"Good afternoon, I am Evangline Valeria Aurora."

You can feel something about her presense, but not sure what and it's not her size. (she's 6'3", average human woman is about 5'6")


Female Human Ninja 3

"Good afternoon, I am Que Xuang and you are right, we are all here for the professor's funeral."

Que Xuang pulls some empty chairs over to the table.

"Please take a seat and tell us, how you met the Professor."


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

"Velcome! Hy em sorry dot it iz such a sad event dot has allowed me to meet not vun, bot three lurvely ladiez. Hyu two are more den velcome to sit vit us. Mizz Sarianna, could Hy trouble hyu for a moment? Could hyu get my three new friends here votever dey vant to drink? Hy em buyink. Hy vould also like votever you have dot's got a goot hearty taste, sumtink dark please."
Gkirkhan smiles at the newcomers and motions to the three women at the table when he asks Sarianna to bring them drinks.
For a womanizer, he's turning into quite the chivalrous man. :)


Female Human Ninja 3

"I'll have a dark beer then and perhaps some bread and cheese and if you have some ham."

She waits until Sarianna brought the drinks and the food and then starts.

"I met the professor in Lepistadt. Somehow he put his nose into things which someone wanted to be kept hidden. I don't really know what it was." Que Xuan shrugs "I know only, that this osmeone sent a pair of killers after the professor. just some cheap thugs, if they were true professionals, they would have paid attention to the girl which just passed the alleyway where they cornered the Profeesor.

She giggles slightly.

"Two knifes later and those thugs were those who lay bleeding on hte floor and me and Professor Lorrimor became kinda friends. So what about you guys?"


Female Human Ninja 3

"I'll have a dark beer then and perhaps some bread and cheese and if you have some ham."

She waits until Sarianna brought the drinks and the food and then starts.

"I met the professor in Lepistadt. Somehow he put his nose into things which someone wanted to be kept hidden. I don't really know what it was." Que Xuan shrugs "I know only, that this osmeone sent a pair of killers after the professor. just some cheap thugs, if they were true professionals, they would have paid attention to the girl which just passed the alleyway where they cornered the Profeesor.

She giggles slightly.

"Two knifes later and those thugs were those who lay bleeding on hte floor and me and Professor Lorrimor became kinda friends. So what about you guys?"


Male Dwarf Barbarian 1

now with the others at the inn
"If it wouldn't be any trouble to ye I'll 'ave a bit o' bread, no drink fer me terday, too sombre fer drinkin' if ye ask me."

"As fer meetin' professor Lorrimor, I met 'im a few years back when he was recruit'n people to help protect an excavation. Any way, durin' tha dig we found an ol' tomb. It dinnae look like it wer' touched in ages an' when we got in a bit further, thhere were them right nasty bones puttin' 'emselves back together. Them skelet'ns coulda' made lots o' trouble but tha professor an' me took the supports down, leavin' 'em trapped agin. After tha little bit we stopped at some ol' town and got a few drinks. Never saw 'im again after tha though."

"Ye two 'ave got some pretty interstin' stories aboot tha professor as well, I dinnae know fer sure wha it was tha killed him but I be thinkin' somethin mighty strange musta' happen'd to 'im."


Female Half-Elf Bard (Archivist) 5/ Pathfinder Chronicler 1 (hp 49/49; AC 18/14/14; 15/15 rounds)

Vertielle pulls her chair close to the table and takes a seat, then adjusts the angle of the chair several times before settling.
"Something local, please, Sarianna," she asks, shooting Gkirkhan a gracious smile.
"I met the professor while working in Absalom on my thesis, regarding Draconic and its ties to the pronunciation and declention of Jitska vocabulary. I'm sure the specifics of my studies would bore most of you." With this last, she looks to Wood.
"While I remained abreast of his work until his recent period of unpublished works, I never realized I had made enough of an impact socially to be called here, to his funeral, though I am greatly honored such a truly great and visionary man would do so."


Half-orc
Normal:
HP: 41/71 AC 16/12/12: F+8, R +4, W +1, Per:-2, Init: +5
Raging:
HP: 53/83 AC 16/12/12: F+10, R +4, W +3, Per:-2, Init: +5
Rage: 6/11

"Hokay, guess Hy vill go next. So Hy vas valking from vun town to de next, und Hy happens to see de schmott guy hemself being attacked by a bonch uv bandits. So Hy vas standink der thinkink dot he might be miffed if Hy spoiled hiz fun, bot den Hy noticez dot he'z got no weapon und no hat. Vell, an unfair fight iz vun ting, an unfair fight dot deed not look all dot fun vas anodder. Hy ran down to de Professor und hada leddle fun vit de bad guyz before dey runz off. Ve had a few drinks und shot de breeze for a vhile in a tavern nearby. He vas a goot drinkink buddy."

Gkirkhan raises his ale in a toast.
"Goot bye, Professor Lorrimor. Meh Cadeyn alvays have a tankard uv ale und a goot fun fight for hyu in the next life."

And he downs the mostly full tankard faster than anyone thought possible.

"Vell, if it's too sad to be drinkink, den Hy say dot ve should celebrate vot de Professor deed in life."


Male Dwarf Barbarian 1

"Well I suppose tha thar's some good reason ter drink on behalf a tha professor's good life. Good livin's a good thing ter be drinkin to I guess, Gods of tha celestial realm be watchin' over 'im now an' I'll give a toast for 'is protection to tha world above. To Professor Lorrimor"

He tips the tankard of mead he carries back and downs it in a gulp.

"I be glad for tha chance to get to know ye fellas as well, ye be pretty good wit' them blades o' yours an' thats a skill a dwarf like meself can respect."


Female Assimar (with Ulfen blood) Cleric(Theologian) 4 / Monk(Spirit Master) 2

Eva seeing how fast Gkirkhan downs a tankard, recalls how fast her teacher could down a drink.

"I meet the professor when I was 13, I was shorter and smaller back then.
While traveling around and one day was attacked by a vampire spawn and the professor helped me in surviving that encounter.
Since then I have communicated with the professor through letters and we traded some of our finding on undead weaknesses."

1 to 50 of 3,807 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The_Ninja_DM's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.