Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Nightfall Scion Chronicles (Inactive)

Game Master DM Heterocephalus

"The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing"

The deities have spoken and an elite band consisting of talented inquisitors have been invited to join forces against the forces of darkness.


551 to 600 of 740 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats

Children runs away from the fearsome looking Thak and Terflynn as the villagers stares at the carriage.

You ain't gonna get any love from this place with a face like that aye??? The guy with the beard you are trying too hard.

The halfling woman shouts out at the 2 guards.

Current map

You may edit it to indicate where you guys want to go.


Male Dwarf Monk (Zen Archer, Qinggong Monk) 9/Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 1

Thak ignores the woman and continues to stare implacably after making sure the stairs from the carriage to the ground are inplace.


Init +5 - HP: 66/66, - AC: 26/T: 13/FF: 23 - Perception: +8 F: +14/R: +4/W: +6 - CMB: +9 - CMD: 21, Speed: 20ft

Angrim will pretend he knows what to do with a horse, and other drivery things.

Bluff 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Perform (Act) 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (19) - 3 = 16


Female Half-Elf Cleric / 1 and Ranger / 1 HP: 22 / AC: 16 / Init: +3 / Will: 4 / Reflex: 5 / Fort: 5

Diplomacy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Bluff 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Lillyanna gets out of the carriage and gives the Halfling woman a friendly wave. "Oh don't mind them, it's their job to look scary. Bandits aren't scared away with smiles you know and we have to protect ourselves and our merchandise somehow. If you don't mind, could you point us in the direction of a decent tavern for a meal?"


Hmmmm....Alright...but your driver looks a little unused to his driving. Might wanna get him some riding lessons or something...who has heard of a Dwarf driver.

Grimma frowns her nose at Angrim.

Grimma Linkins at your service and welcome to Green Hallow the most hospitable town on this side of the forest. Well you are right about bandits and stuff, but not to worry as this town is protected by our brave Warden Captain Barnabas and his guards. A decent meal aye? You must try Rista famous beef stew at the Golden Respite over there.

Grimma points towards a large building in the distance with grey smoke rising in the atmosphere.

By the way where do you hail from and where do you plan to go? Merchandise you say? What goods do you have? I happen to be a merchant myself, lets see if we have goods to trade for.

Grimma smiles trying to peep into the carriage.


Female Half-Elf Cleric / 1 and Ranger / 1 HP: 22 / AC: 16 / Init: +3 / Will: 4 / Reflex: 5 / Fort: 5

"It's nice to meet you Grimma, my name is Lillyanna Calleigh. I am so pleased to hear that your town has protection. I do sorry worry when traveling, especially since my little son Timmy is with me."

Lillyanna will turn and holler into the carriage for a moment. Timmy? Come on and say hello to the nice lady. She'll then turn back around to Grimma. "Let's see now, we have a bunch of different spices for cooking, some of which are quite exotic and hard to find. We also have a lovely assortment of fine threads for quality embroidery work and more common ones for everyday sewing and an assortment of various colored ribbons."


Inquisiter (Sarenrae) 1/Cleric (Separatist) (Sarenrae) 1/Monk (Monk of the Healing Hand) 4- Init:+6, HP:33/33, AC:21/T:20/FF:16, Perception:+15, F:8/R:8/W:13 (+4vs enchantment), CMD:24, CMB:4 SPEED:50 ft

Jensida sticks her head out of the carriage at this point. You mentioned trading goods. What goods are you carrying that you'd like to trade for?


Why I am a hunter myself

Grimma flashes a heavily decorated hunting axe with feathers attached at the pommel.

I sell furs from the creatures I skinned and make them into scarfs and belt pelts and such.

Grimma waves before you the various animal furs laid out on the makeshift table made of wooden crates.


M Gnome
stats:
Inq 1 / Sor 5// Init +7/ HP 45/45 // AC: 20/T:14/FF:17 - Percep: +10// F +6/R +5/W +8 +2 vs Illusion /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

Timmy comes to the open door of the carriage, but looks out shyly at this most frightening Grimma.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Female Half-Elf Cleric / 1 and Ranger / 1 HP: 22 / AC: 16 / Init: +3 / Will: 4 / Reflex: 5 / Fort: 5

Lillyanna runs her hand across the furs. "Oooh, they are so soft. Do you have any white fox and would take anything of ours in trade for it?"


Hmmmm well white fox furs is very rare here you know....not as common as the white fox in Irrisden...but I may trade you for some nice golden threads if you have it. Kara the seamstress can help me design some nice scarf with that.

Grimma Smiles revealing yellow stained teeth.

Timmy:
You notice blood stains on her trousers and boots along with dirt under her nails.


Male Human Lore Warden 2/ Inquisitor of Calistria 4 Init +8 - HP: 43/43, - AC: 20/T: 15/FF: 15 - Perception: +12 (17 visual) F: +9/R: +7/W: +8 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30ft

Grollus also watches the woman carefully from his seat behind the horses, his hand casually draped on his whip in case of trouble.


Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28


Inquisiter (Sarenrae) 1/Cleric (Separatist) (Sarenrae) 1/Monk (Monk of the Healing Hand) 4- Init:+6, HP:33/33, AC:21/T:20/FF:16, Perception:+15, F:8/R:8/W:13 (+4vs enchantment), CMD:24, CMB:4 SPEED:50 ft

Jensida steps down, looking over the woman's goods. I think we might be able to come to some agreement. Perhaps we could meet over at the . . . Golden Respite was it? Yes. We will go get settled in then we can discuss the details over dinner.


M Gnome
stats:
Inq 1 / Sor 5// Init +7/ HP 45/45 // AC: 20/T:14/FF:17 - Percep: +10// F +6/R +5/W +8 +2 vs Illusion /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

I like dinner! I like pie! I want pie! Pie for dinner!


Female Half-Elf Cleric / 1 and Ranger / 1 HP: 22 / AC: 16 / Init: +3 / Will: 4 / Reflex: 5 / Fort: 5

"No, no Timmy. Pie for desert and even then only after you've eaten your dinner and that includes your vegetables."

"And that sounds like a good idea Jensida. We will go get our horses watered and stabled and then meet at the tavern. All this talk of food has made me realized just how famished I am. It has been a long ride and I would love to sit down on a bench that doesn't move."

I guess we will be going to the tavern now?


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats

Hhhmmm yes let us be on our way..

As the heroes reached the tavern, it is a prominent building in town with a large golden leaf sign board that reads Golden Respite.

Inside the establishment however is quiet and lifeless with just a few tables filled with some patrons drinking their ale as they eyed the new entrants.

The usual Barnabas!! And look here we some some guest for out town. Do not say i did you no good by not bringing them here form business!!

Grimma shouted as she sits heavily on one of the benches slamming her hunting axe on the table.

A large burly man walks over. He has a scar running down the side of his face as he greeted the heroes.

Greetings, welcome to Golden respite and I am Barnabas your friendly tavern keeper. I believe you are here to rest for the night? I have some most wonderful suite for you at a good price too...as you can see business is quite slow..so I have most rooms empty anyway..

Barnabas looks around grimly.

Well so what do you like to eat or drink?


Well you know what, I can have the men over at the bar. I got some excellent spirits and ale that I have kept. Seems like a treat and anyway looks like the ladies can do with some girl talk and we men do men stuff aye??!! What say ya?

Barnabas looks at Angrim, Grollus and Terflynn.

You stay with mommy boy!! A little too young to drink those nasty shots we will be having haha!!

Barnabas laughed as he told Timmy.

Hi I know it's a little slow thus breaking up to 2 NPC so you guys can ask questions etc to speed it up. Now just some background, this town is subtle and it is a mystery per say. Until you find out some decent clues to work on, it highly possible this town will appear normal and thus nothing will really happen. So put on your detective hats :D


Init +5 - HP: 66/66, - AC: 26/T: 13/FF: 23 - Perception: +8 F: +14/R: +4/W: +6 - CMB: +9 - CMD: 21, Speed: 20ft

"Me arse is sorer than a c*nt the mornin' after birth. Bring on the liqour!" Angrim says, his accent and manner completely different from normal. Hopefully this crude demeanor will reassure them that we are incompetent fools. I don't like being without my tickler, but this pitiful leather thing will have to do for now. He plops down on a stool near the bar. "Gimme something to curdle me spunk Barney! It's been a long ride." He draws out his pipe and after thwacking it full of herb, begins puffing contentedly while he awaits whatever poison is in store for him.


Ah a kindred spirit!!

Barnabas smiles as the scar wrinkles with the fissures of his smile line.

Dragon's Breath!! A most potent spirit that one may take and I can assure you heaven's is just a breath away hahaha!!!

Barnabas whips out a bottle shaped in the likeness of a roaring dragon as he pours Angrim, Grollus and Terflynn each a glass.


Init +5 - HP: 66/66, - AC: 26/T: 13/FF: 23 - Perception: +8 F: +14/R: +4/W: +6 - CMB: +9 - CMD: 21, Speed: 20ft

Undoubtedly vile. Angrim thinks as he takes a gulp of the liquid. The intense burning has him coughing and hacking as he downs the stuff. "Stronger than auntie Hilda's armpit funk, that's fer sure." After taking a couple more sips and fighting hard not to vomit, Angrim asks, "So anything interesting ever happen around here?"

He takes a few moments with his pipe to relieve his throat from any more of the Dragon's Breath.


I don't know who your Aunt Hilda is but I sure ain't want to meet her!!

Barnabas slapped Angrim on the back.

Anything interesting aye?? Let's see...nothing much as you can see. Everyone's in a low mood if you know what I mean. Travellers they come and go..life goes on. Nothing much in general..

Barnabas smiles.

Well it used to be livelier as I recall...but guess things change aye?

Barnabas drinks 3 shots straight before burping.


Init +5 - HP: 66/66, - AC: 26/T: 13/FF: 23 - Perception: +8 F: +14/R: +4/W: +6 - CMB: +9 - CMD: 21, Speed: 20ft

"What happened? That scar on your face tells me you aint no lilly palmed quill waver. Tell me a tale Barney." He slurs, only half-faking his buzz.


Barnabas slightly intoxicated but still sober.

A tale aye haha Barney...that's what my kid used to call me. I am not from here you see..I used to serve as a sargent at Lastwall. The sickness took her Dwarf. What's your name again??

There is a sadness in Barnabas as his eyes drifted as if to a distance past.

I am here for the past 5 years after my child died. Just want to get away from all the grief you see. Took all my savings and built a inn here. Back then there is a wizard by the name of Rustin Lenin. He said he wanted to set up a town, saw a business on this route. Lots of merchants travelling through. Well naturally I agreed so here I am.

Barnabas pours himself another glass and hesitated.

Maybe I shouldn't drink...talking too much...


Init +5 - HP: 66/66, - AC: 26/T: 13/FF: 23 - Perception: +8 F: +14/R: +4/W: +6 - CMB: +9 - CMD: 21, Speed: 20ft

"Meh name's Grim. Sorry to hear about your daughter." Angrim offers his gnarled hand across the bar. He seems to be truly sorry for the man's loss.


Barnabas nods and gulps down another 3 more glasses of the intoxicating concoction.

So what about you three?


Inquisiter (Sarenrae) 1/Cleric (Separatist) (Sarenrae) 1/Monk (Monk of the Healing Hand) 4- Init:+6, HP:33/33, AC:21/T:20/FF:16, Perception:+15, F:8/R:8/W:13 (+4vs enchantment), CMD:24, CMB:4 SPEED:50 ft

Jensida sits down and sighs. No matter how used to traveling I get, it's always nice to have a seat not jouncing about. When Barnabas comes over Jensida nods politely. Smells like you might have a delicious stew on right now. If so, I will take some of that. And a pitcher of wine please.

Jensida smiles softly as the men go off. Now then, she says turning to Grimma, tell us a bit about this town. I must say, I've never actually been here before, and I always love a new town, that's why I got into this business.


As a serving girl serves the hot beef stew to all the ladies seated at the table. Grimma slurps up her beef stew ravishingly before asking for a second bowl.

Mmmmmmhmmm their beef stew never fail to hit the sweet spot each time...

Grimma started picking her teeth.

Ah yes, well Green Hallow is started by the wizard Rustin Lenin which happens to be our town mayor too. It was set up about 5 years now i think. Well our main mode of commerce would be trading with merchants like yourself traveling north fro the south, in fact many of the resdients here are some form of merchants themselves.


Inquisiter (Sarenrae) 1/Cleric (Separatist) (Sarenrae) 1/Monk (Monk of the Healing Hand) 4- Init:+6, HP:33/33, AC:21/T:20/FF:16, Perception:+15, F:8/R:8/W:13 (+4vs enchantment), CMD:24, CMB:4 SPEED:50 ft

Wow. Only 5 years now? And have you been here the whole time? Jensida begins eating her soup, much slower than Grimma, and sipping at her wine.


Init +5 - HP: 66/66, - AC: 26/T: 13/FF: 23 - Perception: +8 F: +14/R: +4/W: +6 - CMB: +9 - CMD: 21, Speed: 20ft

I think there's some confusion. The 'three' Barnabas was talking to are Thak, Grollus and Terflynn. Apparently he doesn't think women worthy of conversation and is leaving that to the Grimma and his serving wenches.

Angrim stands wobbily to his feet, and claps Thak on the shoulder "Oi Bombur, you're being awful quiet." Putting one hand on Grollus' shoulder and the other on Terflynn's he says, "Same goes for you Johnnie, and you Jim-Bob. Why don't y'all say something before Barney here thinks I'm the spokesman for a troupe of mutes?" He sits back down and gulps a bit more of the Dragon's Breath. Why are they leaving this all to me? Thak's normally so Jolly, and Terflynn as well. They play the part of mentally handicapped guards too well.


Inquisiter (Sarenrae) 1/Cleric (Separatist) (Sarenrae) 1/Monk (Monk of the Healing Hand) 4- Init:+6, HP:33/33, AC:21/T:20/FF:16, Perception:+15, F:8/R:8/W:13 (+4vs enchantment), CMD:24, CMB:4 SPEED:50 ft

Barnabus did take our order though when we first got here. Jensida is not reacting to any bit of your conversation. Just the one with Grimma


Init +5 - HP: 66/66, - AC: 26/T: 13/FF: 23 - Perception: +8 F: +14/R: +4/W: +6 - CMB: +9 - CMD: 21, Speed: 20ft

-nods- You're not out of line. Just trying to make sure the other boys caught that.


Male Elf Witch 5 - Init +3 - HP: 34/34, - AC: 14/T: 13/FF: 11 - Perception: +6(8) F: +3/R: +5/W: +5 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30ft

Terflynn sits awkwardly for a moment, deciding if this means he is not playing mute after all. Since he's put on the spot, he just manages to stammer out, "Eh... so uh, where's the best huntin' around here? If I get a free hour, I wouldn't mind baggin' somethin' rare to take back with me."


Jensida Kael wrote:
Wow. Only 5 years now? And have you been here the whole time? Jensida begins eating her soup, much slower than Grimma, and sipping at her wine.

Nah I came here only about 3 Years before. Well my son had an unfortunate event. One day while hunting the wild tigers in the forest, I came too late for his rescue as a large tiger has already killed him. I killed that tiger that day, I cannot recall how many times I slash my axe onto it's flesh...Well Rustin heard about my situation and asked me to help out at the orphanage which I am thankful for.


M Gnome
stats:
Inq 1 / Sor 5// Init +7/ HP 45/45 // AC: 20/T:14/FF:17 - Percep: +10// F +6/R +5/W +8 +2 vs Illusion /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

Pie! I want pie!

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Timmy stares at all the strangers, looking for anything of note.


Male Human Lore Warden 2/ Inquisitor of Calistria 4 Init +8 - HP: 43/43, - AC: 20/T: 15/FF: 15 - Perception: +12 (17 visual) F: +9/R: +7/W: +8 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30ft

Grollus nods at Terflynn's suggestion. "A hunt might be nice. Is there anything especially dangerous around here?"


Male Dwarf Monk (Zen Archer, Qinggong Monk) 9/Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 1

Thak heads over to the barman and orders X rooms for the night. He casually mentions the group's travel plans and watches the man carefully for any reaction.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Dangerous aye...nah just the Fangwood forest. Sometimes we hear crying from the forest in the middle of the night. Don't bother checking it out...stay away I say. A few incident happened near the woods, a few townsfolk went in and disappeared. Scary s@@~, but we kinda moved on. Most affected are probably their children....right now they are housed at the orphanage.

Barnabas nods at Thak.

Alright the rooms will be prepared for you.

Thak:
You sense that Barnabas is harmless and just being himself, a chatty hospitable innkeeper


Female Half-Elf Cleric / 1 and Ranger / 1 HP: 22 / AC: 16 / Init: +3 / Will: 4 / Reflex: 5 / Fort: 5

"Timmy, finish all your vegetables first and then I will ask about getting some pie."

Turning back to Grimma: "I am so very sorry for your loss Grimma. I just couldn't imagine what I would do if anything happened to my little Timmy." Lillyanna then leans over Timmy and gives him a big hug and a light kiss on top of his head. I hope this isn't too embarrassing for poor Diggy.


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats

Timmy:
You do not see anything out of the usual. Except there is a particular person seating at the table hidden in the shadow observing the group.

You thought you heard a girl's voice in your head.

Hi there...how are you?


Lillyanna Calleigh wrote:

"Timmy, finish all your vegetables first and then I will ask about getting some pie."

Turning back to Grimma: "I am so very sorry for your loss Grimma. I just couldn't imagine what I would do if anything happened to my little Timmy." Lillyanna then leans over Timmy and gives him a big hug and a light kiss on top of his head. I hope this isn't too embarrassing for poor Diggy.

He is a very nice boy indeed, well not to worry if anything happens to you he will have a nice home if it happens. Our orphanage is a very lovely place to stay for children. Lots of games and rides for them.

Grimma smiles at Timmy patting on his head.


M Gnome
stats:
Inq 1 / Sor 5// Init +7/ HP 45/45 // AC: 20/T:14/FF:17 - Percep: +10// F +6/R +5/W +8 +2 vs Illusion /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

DM:
Timmy thinks "Who said that?"


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats

Timmy:

It's Me!! Wanna be my friend?


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats

Ok just to help you guys along, after you are done gathering information from the NP, you can retire to the rooms to discuss what you have learnt and plan your day tomorrow. Attached is the Map where you can break up in teams to investigate hoping to get some more clues or solve the mystery. I know its alittle slow now but trust me once the secret is discovered things will move pretty fast.


Inquisiter (Sarenrae) 1/Cleric (Separatist) (Sarenrae) 1/Monk (Monk of the Healing Hand) 4- Init:+6, HP:33/33, AC:21/T:20/FF:16, Perception:+15, F:8/R:8/W:13 (+4vs enchantment), CMD:24, CMB:4 SPEED:50 ft

That sounds wonderful, Jensida says smiling softly. Jensida then looks at Timmy, But I hope we won't have to use it, she turns back to Grimma, Speaking of which, are there any particular dangers we need to make our men aware of on our travels?


M Gnome
stats:
Inq 1 / Sor 5// Init +7/ HP 45/45 // AC: 20/T:14/FF:17 - Percep: +10// F +6/R +5/W +8 +2 vs Illusion /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

DM:
I can't see you? Who are you?


M Gnome
stats:
Inq 1 / Sor 5// Init +7/ HP 45/45 // AC: 20/T:14/FF:17 - Percep: +10// F +6/R +5/W +8 +2 vs Illusion /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

DM:
I can't see you. Who are you?


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats
Jensida Kael wrote:
That sounds wonderful, Jensida says smiling softly. Jensida then looks at Timmy, But I hope we won't have to use it, she turns back to Grimma, Speaking of which, are there any particular dangers we need to make our men aware of on our travels?

Dangers???? No no no it is very safe here so no worries at all. Fangwood forest is not as scary as you think. You can even bring Timmy there for an excursion. Many wildlife and plants to explore and learn. I even know a most beautiful waterfall inside, if you would like to see it i can bring both of you to view it. Grimma's special tour!!

Grimm smiles as she picked her teeth.


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats

Timmy:
You hear a girl giggling before it went silent.


Female Half-Elf Cleric / 1 and Ranger / 1 HP: 22 / AC: 16 / Init: +3 / Will: 4 / Reflex: 5 / Fort: 5

"A waterfall? It sounds like a beautiful place to have a picnic by. Perhaps we will have to take you up on that offer."


M Gnome
stats:
Inq 1 / Sor 5// Init +7/ HP 45/45 // AC: 20/T:14/FF:17 - Percep: +10// F +6/R +5/W +8 +2 vs Illusion /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

Picnic! Bring pie! I like pie!

551 to 600 of 740 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Nightfall Scion Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.