Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Nightfall Scion Chronicles (Inactive)

Game Master DM Heterocephalus

"The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing"

The deities have spoken and an elite band consisting of talented inquisitors have been invited to join forces against the forces of darkness.


501 to 550 of 740 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Female Half-elf Inquisiter (Sarenrae) 1/Cleric (Separatist) (Sarenrae) 1/Monk (Monk of the Healing Hand) 4- Init:+6, HP:33/33, AC:21/T:20/FF:16, Perception:+15, F:8/R:8/W:13 (+4vs enchantment), CMD:24, CMB:4 SPEED:50 ft

Jade stares at the armory as it opens. It's beautiful.


Male Dwarf Monk (Zen Archer, Qinggong Monk) 9/Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 1

Thak clucks his tongue admiringly as he casts his eyes over the fine selection of weapons.

A selection of the shinier arrows end up in Thak's quiver.

Taking 50 silver arrows, 50 cold iron and 10 'Slow Burn' arrows.


Male Elf Witch 6 - Init +3 - HP: 38/39, - AC: 14/T: 13/FF: 11 - Perception: +8(10) F: +4/R: +6/W: +6 - CMB: +3 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30ft

Terflynn will take the same.
"I could be a guard, but I'm not much of a liar, nor a good hand with a polearm." Terflynn warns while raiding the armory.


Male Dwarf Monk (Zen Archer, Qinggong Monk) 9/Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 1

"Fortunately, I am much of a liar."

Thak searches vainly for some adamantium arrows before giving up.

"How would you like to be my dumb cousin?"

Dumb as in mute.


Init +5 - HP: 66/66, - AC: 26/T: 13/FF: 23 - Perception: +8 F: +14/R: +4/W: +6 - CMB: +9 - CMD: 21, Speed: 20ft

"Your plan is sound Jade. I will pose as a driver. My plain looks should help in that department." Angrim goes and finds a normal leather whip in the armory. "I'll carry this, and put my real lash under the seat. My normal whip would shred a horse's back. Not very convincing." He comments to whoever seems to be listening.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar 8 Bard/2 Inquisitor 49/56 HP Ac 21, FF 17 Touch 14 Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +11

Well my lords, once everyone is agreeable and decided tell me what do you need and I will go prepare. Also all items in the Hedgehog can also be used too

Alfred bows.


Init +5 - HP: 66/66, - AC: 26/T: 13/FF: 23 - Perception: +8 F: +14/R: +4/W: +6 - CMB: +9 - CMD: 21, Speed: 20ft

"Alfred, make sure I have some suitably peasant-like clothing. It should not be clean, and make it too large so I can wear armor under it without showing." Angrim commands the servant. If he wants to act like our slave I'll treat him like one.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar 8 Bard/2 Inquisitor 49/56 HP Ac 21, FF 17 Touch 14 Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +11

Alfred smiles.

Definitely my lord. The rest?


Male Dwarf Monk (Zen Archer, Qinggong Monk) 9/Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 1

"If I am to be a guard then just a guard's disguise for me. I won't need one of those hats."


Female Changeling Witch / 5 HP: (34)34 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 7 , Reflex: 3 , Fort: 1 / CMB: +2 / CMD: +12

"I suppose my armor would be rather hard to hide without one of the hat's of disguise. The idea of taking things for womenfolk was a good one and would even make sense why two women are merchants. Spices and herbs, both in bunches of dried herbs and also some seeds so that people can plant their own. Large bolts of fabric would be too bulky for us to deal with though, so perhaps ribbons and fine embroidery threads instead and needles for their use. I'd veto the cooking implements though, also too bulky, heavy and noisy to deal with"


Female Half-elf Inquisiter (Sarenrae) 1/Cleric (Separatist) (Sarenrae) 1/Monk (Monk of the Healing Hand) 4- Init:+6, HP:33/33, AC:21/T:20/FF:16, Perception:+15, F:8/R:8/W:13 (+4vs enchantment), CMD:24, CMB:4 SPEED:50 ft

Jade nods quickly at Embrianna's suggestions. Here's a question we need to agree on before, Jade said, leaning forward, When they come for us, do we let them take us, and hope to escape once captured, or stop them and hope that we can force one of them to tell us where their headquarters are?


Male Elf Witch 6 - Init +3 - HP: 38/39, - AC: 14/T: 13/FF: 11 - Perception: +8(10) F: +4/R: +6/W: +6 - CMB: +3 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30ft

"I'm very much agreeable to the second option, myself. Terflynn responds. "Not much o' one to hand myself into trouble. Not least of my own will, that is."

"Dumb cousin sounds fine for me, sir Thak. But don't go buryin' us in any trouble with that mouth o' yours!" he cautions Thak.


Female Changeling Witch / 5 HP: (34)34 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 7 , Reflex: 3 , Fort: 1 / CMB: +2 / CMD: +12

"I can play merchant, but I can't play helpless prisoner. There's no way I'd willing surrender my weapons to play one."


Female Half-elf Inquisiter (Sarenrae) 1/Cleric (Separatist) (Sarenrae) 1/Monk (Monk of the Healing Hand) 4- Init:+6, HP:33/33, AC:21/T:20/FF:16, Perception:+15, F:8/R:8/W:13 (+4vs enchantment), CMD:24, CMB:4 SPEED:50 ft

Jade nods. I that will do for me too.


M Gnome
stats:
Inq 1 / Sor 5// Init +7/ HP 45/45 // AC: 20/T:14/FF:17 - Percep: +10// F +6/R +5/W +8 +2 vs Illusion /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

I don't like getting pushed around, either. I'll take a hat, though, if no one else wants it. I'll be less noticeable if I look like a kid.

Do we charge in fast, or take our time and maybe catch them before they catch us? Maybe we should go fast to the town, then lounge a bit, and let them come to us. Use a little inquisitor juju. They must have spies or something in town. We'll spy the spies!

The gnome sometimes gets excited. He realizes that he sounded a little too sure of himself. These are all fairly experienced adventurers like himself, not tyros fresh out of training. He shouldn't presume they don't have better ideas.

Sorry. Sometimes I get excited...

He smiles, his face a caricature of what a human smile looks like, and looks over everyone at once, then bows deeply and humbly, tipping an invisible hat.

This looks like a fun group. Ever at your service, mistresses and masters!

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar 8 Bard/2 Inquisitor 49/56 HP Ac 21, FF 17 Touch 14 Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +11

Well looks like it has been decided. I will see to your preparations and we will leave tomorrow first light my Lords.

Personal transport has also been arranged for you if you should wish to visit the other parts of the Dusk Valley.

Decide which area to visit and then do 1 activity before returning to the Eagle's Hideout to rest.

Dusk Chapel:
You arrived at a pristine white building with stained glass doors and windows. As you enter the chapel, soft celestial n=music can be heard in the background as some of the off duty guards knelt and prayed before a giant Nightfall Scion sculpture. You see some signage.

1. Library- A large room containing rows and rows of ancient text can be seen. Long ladders slide across these 10 feet bookshelves as librarians retrieves these tomes to preserve and maintain it's condition. A wiry old man lifts his heavy browed eyes leads you to an enclosed wooden cubicle with a small lighting device installed at the top. The cubicle smells of rosemary wood.
Dear Lord/Lady, may I inquire what do you seek and we will retrieve it for you.
You may inquire to learn new monster lore. Roll 1d6 additional bonus to your next Monster Lore

2. Chapel- You knelt before the altar and prayed before your deity asking for guidance and blessing.
Roll 1d6, that is the number of rounds during your next combat to have effect of Good Hope

Dusk Capital:

As you entered into the white city once more, the townsfolk started gathering and asking for your blessing.

1. Bless the townsfolk- You touched the foreheads of the peasants as you say a prayer over their life. The townsfolk lay olive branches at your feet as they received their blessings. Young children emerged and hugged you.
You gain reputation and favor among the town as the townsfolk started singing your praise.

2. Visit the shops- You blessed a few townfolks before heading to the merchant area. You can buy anything up to 1000 gold that you require and charge it to the Nightfall Scion


Init +5 - HP: 66/66, - AC: 26/T: 13/FF: 23 - Perception: +8 F: +14/R: +4/W: +6 - CMB: +9 - CMD: 21, Speed: 20ft

Angrim goes shopping and purches a large sack of Potions of Enlarge Person (20 of them). These are always useful. He thinks to himself, leaving the shop with a bulging sack.


M Gnome
stats:
Inq 1 / Sor 5// Init +7/ HP 45/45 // AC: 20/T:14/FF:17 - Percep: +10// F +6/R +5/W +8 +2 vs Illusion /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

Diggy goes to the library, curious as to the flora and fauna of the area we're going to.


Male Elf Witch 6 - Init +3 - HP: 38/39, - AC: 14/T: 13/FF: 11 - Perception: +8(10) F: +4/R: +6/W: +6 - CMB: +3 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30ft

Terflynn goes to explore the capital, and takes a few moments to offer blessings to those he meets.


Male Dwarf Monk (Zen Archer, Qinggong Monk) 9/Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 1

Thak visits the library, and bows deeply to the aged librarian. "I seek knowledge about the creation, maturation and deaths of lycanthropes."


Female Half-elf Inquisiter (Sarenrae) 1/Cleric (Separatist) (Sarenrae) 1/Monk (Monk of the Healing Hand) 4- Init:+6, HP:33/33, AC:21/T:20/FF:16, Perception:+15, F:8/R:8/W:13 (+4vs enchantment), CMD:24, CMB:4 SPEED:50 ft

Jade walks out to the Dusk Capital. When she gets there, she walks through the town, blessing townsfolk as she goes. She continues until the sun sits low on the horizon, almost losing track of time. Finally, she walks back to the headquarters to sleep.


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats
Thak Val Zsing wrote:
Thak visits the library, and bows deeply to the aged librarian. "I seek knowledge about the creation, maturation and deaths of lycanthropes."

You gain full knowledge of how Lycanthropy works


Male Human Lore Warden 2/ Inquisitor of Calistria 4 Init +8 - HP: 43/43, - AC: 20/T: 15/FF: 15 - Perception: +12 (17 visual) F: +9/R: +7/W: +8 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30ft

Grollus visits the library, and inquires about the workings of devils.


Female Changeling Witch / 5 HP: (34)34 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 7 , Reflex: 3 , Fort: 1 / CMB: +2 / CMD: +12

Embrianna goes into the chapel and prays to Shelyn.


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats

That night when the heroes returned dinner is prepared at the dining table along with all the required arrangements for the mission. The heroes gathered for dinner and prepare themselves to sleep while discussing the mission.

You can RP and also discuss the story behind the roleplay disguise. I will be launching Chapter 2 ASAP.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar 8 Bard/2 Inquisitor 49/56 HP Ac 21, FF 17 Touch 14 Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +11

The next morning Alferd arrives outside the Eagle's Hideout with the Hedgehog. The spikes have been removed from the carriage and modified to look like a rich merchant carriage. Inside remains the same with the levers, secret compartments and the scorpion ballista.

My dear Lords, just some things to sort out. Over here are 3 levers which you can pull. One of which is the Crystal Ball, which will be your main communication back to the Nightfall Scion. Alferd passed a pouch to Angrim..Inside contains the hair locks of Mine and Lady Aluria. You will need it to communicate with us.

Just a Reminder of the inventory in the Hedgehog.
An array of magical iems are placed in a glass cabinet with labels detailing the identity of these items. A folding boat hand at the bottom. It read Rope of climbing, Hat of disguise x 3, Goggles of night, Helm of telepathy, Ring Gate and an Orb of Storms.

3 healing kit, 5 vials of wolfbane, 5 potion of invisibility, 5 potions of cure serious wound, 5 potions of remove disease, 5 potions of water breathing. At the corner you notice a marble statue of an elephant. A label reads "Marble Elephant Figurine of Wondrous Power."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar 8 Bard/2 Inquisitor 49/56 HP Ac 21, FF 17 Touch 14 Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +11

Alferd passes the map to Angrim.

Follow the directions in the map and you should reach the town Green Hallow in 3 days time my lord. May I suggest to discuss the mission on your journey there. Make sure the story is coherent and the disguise fool proof. Remember to find out what happened to the missing travelers and townsfolk and if possible put a stop to it.

Alferd then bows and gives the standard Nightfall Scion blessing.

May you survive the night my lords...

The horses pulling the Hedgehog instinctively started the downward journey through the cave eventually reaching the illusion wall. As the horses nears the wall, the spell dissolve revealing the entrance to the open clearing and soon the Heroes found themselves at the base of the Mindspin Mountains heading towards Fangwood Forest.


Male Dwarf Monk (Zen Archer, Qinggong Monk) 9/Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 1

Thak waves farewell to Alfred, leans down and scoops up some dirt from the ground, and absent-mindedly rubs it into his robes.

"So, I shall be a guard, with Terflynne as my brother in arms and blood. I say without shame that I have the ability to lie readily and convincingly, thus I say our role will be played well. As for the rest of you... I hope you have the same ability."

"I will make one suggestion and then hold my tongue. We should have one person hidden in the carriage wearing the helm of mind-reading when we first arrive. Knowing their initial thoughts may be vital, particularly if they turn out to be 'KILL THE STRANGERS KILL KILL'."


Init +5 - HP: 66/66, - AC: 26/T: 13/FF: 23 - Perception: +8 F: +14/R: +4/W: +6 - CMB: +9 - CMD: 21, Speed: 20ft

"Agreed. We should utilize all the resources available to us. I will remain silent unless forced to talk, in which case I will do my best impression of a driver. Are you any good at acting Grollus?" Angrim asks the other whip wielder.


Inquisiter (Sarenrae) 1/Cleric (Separatist) (Sarenrae) 1/Monk (Monk of the Healing Hand) 4- Init:+6, HP:33/33, AC:21/T:20/FF:16, Perception:+15, F:8/R:8/W:13 (+4vs enchantment), CMD:24, CMB:4 SPEED:50 ft

Jade looks over the "merchandise," says her farewell to Alfred. She climbs in, and sits down. As the group sets off, she reaches into the armory and grabs one of the hats of disguise, placing it firmly on her head. She thinks for a moment before her appearance changes. Suddenly she appears to be a human, not looking much different from Jade, but instead of looking playful, she looks proud. The hat has become a small jewel sitting in the center of her forehead, supported by a chain.

I will go by Jensida Kael. As for the helm of telepathy, I don't see why one of the guards can't wear it. Guards wearing helmets occasion little comment. I would suggest Terflyn, since he will be otherwise dumb. As for lying, I will be better off remaining silent when possible, but I am a fair hand at it when I have to be.


Female Changeling Witch / 5 HP: (34)34 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 7 , Reflex: 3 , Fort: 1 / CMB: +2 / CMD: +12

Embrianna looks on as Jade dons the hat of disguise and then changes her appearance. With a sigh, she'll reach in for one of the other hats of disguise. After just looking at it for a few moments, she'll relevantly place it on her head.


Female Half-Elf Cleric / 1 and Ranger / 1 HP: 22 / AC: 16 / Init: +3 / Will: 4 / Reflex: 5 / Fort: 5

Where Embrianna once sat, there is now a female human with her hair swept up on on e side and held in place by a tortoise-shell comb.

"I guess for the remainder of the trip you can all call me Lillyanna Calleigh."


Init +5 - HP: 66/66, - AC: 26/T: 13/FF: 23 - Perception: +8 F: +14/R: +4/W: +6 - CMB: +9 - CMD: 21, Speed: 20ft

Angrim puts on the baggy peasant clothing and joins Thak in rubbing dirt on himself. Nodding to the fellow dwarf he smiles. After he's clothed, he hops up onto the driver's seat. Hes stows his scorpion whip under the driver's seat and tosses an old cloth over it. Taking up a horse whip, he waits for the others to get in.


Male Elf Witch 6 - Init +3 - HP: 38/39, - AC: 14/T: 13/FF: 11 - Perception: +8(10) F: +4/R: +6/W: +6 - CMB: +3 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30ft

Terflynn dons a militia uniform and puts his bow on his back, taking up a heavy mace instead. "How do I look?" he asks generally.


Init +5 - HP: 66/66, - AC: 26/T: 13/FF: 23 - Perception: +8 F: +14/R: +4/W: +6 - CMB: +9 - CMD: 21, Speed: 20ft

"Like a big dumb guard" Angrim says, sticking out his tongue in a playful manner.


Male Human Lore Warden 2/ Inquisitor of Calistria 4 Init +8 - HP: 43/43, - AC: 20/T: 15/FF: 15 - Perception: +12 (17 visual) F: +9/R: +7/W: +8 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30ft

"I'd wager I wouldn't fool many in a disguise. I have one of those faces people don't trust. Perhaps I could remain hidden inside the wagon?"


M Gnome
stats:
Inq 1 / Sor 5// Init +7/ HP 45/45 // AC: 20/T:14/FF:17 - Percep: +10// F +6/R +5/W +8 +2 vs Illusion /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

Diggy looks adorable as cute little human boy.


Female Half-Elf Cleric / 1 and Ranger / 1 HP: 22 / AC: 16 / Init: +3 / Will: 4 / Reflex: 5 / Fort: 5

Embrianna snickers at the sight of Diggy, which serves to lighten her mood a bit. She's rather uncomfortable with the necessary disguise. "Well, "Jensida", is he your son or mine?"


Inquisiter (Sarenrae) 1/Cleric (Separatist) (Sarenrae) 1/Monk (Monk of the Healing Hand) 4- Init:+6, HP:33/33, AC:21/T:20/FF:16, Perception:+15, F:8/R:8/W:13 (+4vs enchantment), CMD:24, CMB:4 SPEED:50 ft

Jade's eyes go wide. A child? I wouldn't know what to do with a child. You take him.


Female Half-Elf Cleric / 1 and Ranger / 1 HP: 22 / AC: 16 / Init: +3 / Will: 4 / Reflex: 5 / Fort: 5

"And the orphan does? Allright then Diggy, get used to calling me "mommy". It would sound rather odd if you referred to your mother by her given name. Probably the first time in history a gnome gets to call a half-orc mommy."


M Gnome
stats:
Inq 1 / Sor 5// Init +7/ HP 45/45 // AC: 20/T:14/FF:17 - Percep: +10// F +6/R +5/W +8 +2 vs Illusion /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

Timmy runs up to Lillyanna and wraps his arms around her leg.

Mommy! Jensida said she's going to make me stew! I don't wanna be stew! Don't let her make Timmy stew!


Inquisiter (Sarenrae) 1/Cleric (Separatist) (Sarenrae) 1/Monk (Monk of the Healing Hand) 4- Init:+6, HP:33/33, AC:21/T:20/FF:16, Perception:+15, F:8/R:8/W:13 (+4vs enchantment), CMD:24, CMB:4 SPEED:50 ft

The laugh bursting from Jensida's throat us so unexpected that she nearly chokes on it. Around the hacking and laughing, Jensida manages to wish Lillyana good luck with her new child.


Female Half-Elf Cleric / 1 and Ranger / 1 HP: 22 / AC: 16 / Init: +3 / Will: 4 / Reflex: 5 / Fort: 5

Startled at first by the Gnome wrapping his arms about her leg, Lillyanna soon begins to laugh. Patting "her son" on the head she manages to wheeze out in between laughs: "Don't worry little precious, no one will make any stew out of you."


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats
Dignis "Diggy" Burrows wrote:

Timmy runs up to Lillyanna and wraps his arms around her leg.

Mommy! Jensida said she's going to make me stew! I don't wanna be stew! Don't let her make Timmy stew!

This is funny lol!! Can you create an alias for Timmy? Just cannot imagine a hairy boy with beard.


M Gnome
stats:
Inq 1 / Sor 5// Init +7/ HP 45/45 // AC: 20/T:14/FF:17 - Percep: +10// F +6/R +5/W +8 +2 vs Illusion /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

I would, but I have so many aliases, I don't want to add any more. LOL


Male Elf Witch 6 - Init +3 - HP: 38/39, - AC: 14/T: 13/FF: 11 - Perception: +8(10) F: +4/R: +6/W: +6 - CMB: +3 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30ft

you could just change your avatar temporarily


M Gnome
stats:
Inq 1 / Sor 5// Init +7/ HP 45/45 // AC: 20/T:14/FF:17 - Percep: +10// F +6/R +5/W +8 +2 vs Illusion /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

OK.


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats

The Initiation Quest- Distant Memories

It is early afternoon when the heroes arrived in the quiet town of Green Hallow. Rain falls regularly but lightly; a mild weather for a town so close to the the Fangwood Forest. A few villagers are outside their homes going about whatever business needed doing. It is, for Green Hallow, a boisterous day. Friends converse outside of homes, carts of various necessities are pushed to and fro, a halfling woman stands atop a crate outside the general store as she calls out details of her newest shipment in the hopes of attracting some customers.

Green Hallow


Male Dwarf Monk (Zen Archer, Qinggong Monk) 9/Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 1

Thak motions to Terflynn to follow him and takes up a position at the side of the cart hatch, standing straight and with one hand ready to draw his bow. He attempts to look generally intimidating, without being overtly hostile.

Intimidate:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34


Male Elf Witch 6 - Init +3 - HP: 38/39, - AC: 14/T: 13/FF: 11 - Perception: +8(10) F: +4/R: +6/W: +6 - CMB: +3 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30ft

Terflynn takes up his position as indicated by Thak, and attempts to assist in the effort.
Intimidate: 1d20 ⇒ 3

501 to 550 of 740 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Nightfall Scion Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.