Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Midnight Mirror

Game Master Nullpunkt

A one-shot playthrough of The Midnight Mirror.


551 to 578 of 578 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Half-Orc
Vital Stats:
HP: 32/36, - AC: 16/T: 11/FF: 15 - Perception: +3 - Initiative: +1 - F: +6 / R: +2/ W: +1 (+1 vs. fear) - CMB +8(-1) (+10(-1) Tripping); CMD 19 (21 vs. Trip), Speed: 20

Lorzub throws on the shirt, smiling his best orc smile at the compliment, and struts his stuff all the way out with the group.


M Human Cleric 4

Luke looks Adalieh square in the eyes. "My dear, surely it's this world that's mad, not you. But that's why the gods put us here - to test if we can keep our resolve in a world of madness. Stay strong, and think of the beauty we bring to this desolate place; think of the faces of Olya's parents when we bring her back, safe and sound. Yes, the shadows are fierce - but the light of goodness is fiercer, and until our light is extinguished, we'll continue to burn the shadows away wherever we go."

"Come now, let's restore some color to those downstairs." Luke smiles brightly and takes Adalieh's hand in his.


HP 22/22 || AC 9/9/9 || F+3/R+1/W+7

Smiling with Luke, Adalieh squeezes Luke's hand as she nods. "You're right. Now is not the time to worry. Lead the way."

As they head back downstairs, Adalieh's smile falters slightly. When she spots the bodies, she lets go of Luke and hurries over to examine them.

"All right, I will do this thoroughly," she says, looking at her companions. "Give me some time." Going over the process meticulously, she strips them to the bare flesh to make sure she knows every little detail.

Take 20 on Heal for a total of 33.


Besides some minor burns from the wax and being unconscious, the three people seem unharmed.


HP 22/22 || AC 9/9/9 || F+3/R+1/W+7

"Healthy," she says after the examination. "Minor burns, nothing severe."

She fills her hand with healing light and gently removes the burns.

Healing Hex, fluff-style.

"We should take them outside," she nods towards the others, rising from the floor. "But first... You were stung pretty badly by the invisible one. Are there any after-effects?"

She wanders over to her companions and examines them as well.

Heal check: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23


M Human CG Arcane Duelist L3 || AC15 T12 FF13 || HP 12/24 || F+2 R+5 W+3 || Init+2 || Perc+4 ; IC 4/11

"I could use some help. I've been slashed pretty good..."


Male Half-Orc
Vital Stats:
HP: 32/36, - AC: 16/T: 11/FF: 15 - Perception: +3 - Initiative: +1 - F: +6 / R: +2/ W: +1 (+1 vs. fear) - CMB +8(-1) (+10(-1) Tripping); CMD 19 (21 vs. Trip), Speed: 20

"I also think I require some healing of the magical type. I can still feel the wound that Ilquis inflicted on me, taking some of my strength. I don't know if it's something that you can help me with though..."


The burns on the townsfolk disappear but all of them remain unconscious.

Not sure if I'm missing my cue... Waiting for Adalieh to take care of the wounded PCs.


HP 22/22 || AC 9/9/9 || F+3/R+1/W+7

"Poison," Adalieh mutters quietly, examining Lorzub's wounds. "It is subsided, but I cannot heal the damage it has done. Time will take care of it. Or the Gods," she adds, looking at Luke.

"We should leave this place now, unless there is something left to be done."


Male Half-Orc
Vital Stats:
HP: 32/36, - AC: 16/T: 11/FF: 15 - Perception: +3 - Initiative: +1 - F: +6 / R: +2/ W: +1 (+1 vs. fear) - CMB +8(-1) (+10(-1) Tripping); CMD 19 (21 vs. Trip), Speed: 20

Lorzub nods to Adalieh. "Thank you, you've already done plenty so hopefully this will heal itself. I agree that we should leave. It's not like me to run from something, but I think we need to learn more before we go further."


M Human Cleric 4

"I would say we should take these people to a temple, but considering the temples around these parts, I don't think that would be fortuitous... Let's see what we can do with what we have on hand."

Luke pulls out a potion and pours it down the throat of the weathered old man.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


M Human CG Arcane Duelist L3 || AC15 T12 FF13 || HP 12/24 || F+2 R+5 W+3 || Init+2 || Perc+4 ; IC 4/11

"What about that lady you went to see to restore my health?" offers Corso. "I don't like that we can't figure out what that creature was up to, but I guess you're right. Best to get back. So, a talk with the good baron?"


M Human Cleric 4

Luke confers discreetly with his compatriots, dropping his voice low so that Fane and Oana can't overhear. "Judging from what we've heard so far, the 'good' baron may be behind this plague in the first place. I suggest we see what these captives have to say before we proceed. If only I had the energies to wake them up... but you're right, the apothecary could be of assistance."


M Human CG Arcane Duelist L3 || AC15 T12 FF13 || HP 12/24 || F+2 R+5 W+3 || Init+2 || Perc+4 ; IC 4/11

"This sounds wise. Very well then. Let's bring them to the Apothecary."


Male Human Wizard Level 4

"Lets get moving then, and try to sort their condition as quickly as possible"


Male Half-Orc
Vital Stats:
HP: 32/36, - AC: 16/T: 11/FF: 15 - Perception: +3 - Initiative: +1 - F: +6 / R: +2/ W: +1 (+1 vs. fear) - CMB +8(-1) (+10(-1) Tripping); CMD 19 (21 vs. Trip), Speed: 20

Lorzub nods in agreement with the chosen course of actions.


While you make up your mind, the potion that Luke dribbled down one of the townspeople's throat comes into effect and the man gasps back to life. "What happened?!" he exclaims, trying to get his bearings on the dim lit room. "Where am I?"


M Human Cleric 4

"We found you here, encased in wax, at the whim of a fey creature named Ilquis." Luke puts his hand to one of the coins on his amulet. "We are friends, and we will bring you back to your home, but if you could tell us everything you can about the last thing you remember, it will help us figure out who your captor was, and what he was doing."

Diplomacy with Bit of Luck: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 201d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


I'm on the fence if Bit of Luck works on Diplomacy as the ability only allows this for a check made in the next round. A Diplomacy check to influence someone's attitude (strictly mechanically speaking) takes 10 minutes IIRC. So for now I'll go with 'not possible'.

"Ilq...", the farmer-type looks puzzled. "No, it was Catalina who brought me here." His forehead wrinkles. "But wait... yes, there was this strange butterfly-y... thing. He told me to climb into one of these vats to get vax... vacky... whatever. Seemed like a decent fellow and a good idea, so I did." He stops for a second to think. "That's the last thing I remember.

Please do take me home, I really feel like I need to get some sleep."


M Human Cleric 4

I should have specified, Luke was making a request rather than trying to influence attitude, so for simple requests that should only take 1 round.

"Was Catalina working with the butterfly creature? Why did she say she was bringing you here?" Luke notices the weariness on the man's face. "But yes, let's continue this conversation on your way home."

Luke looks at his fellow adventurers. "Perhaps this man's house is in the same direction as the apothecary. Let's wrap the unconscious in some warm clothes and carry them with us until we can reawaken them."


"I dunno..." The man obviously fumbles for words. "Maybe. She said, she'd need a hand with something and that it could help with the troubles. That's all I know."


M Human CG Arcane Duelist L3 || AC15 T12 FF13 || HP 12/24 || F+2 R+5 W+3 || Init+2 || Perc+4 ; IC 4/11

Corso listens, thinking more and more about the next conversation he will have with Ilquis. Some words catch his attention.

To get vax... vacky... whatever...

"I'm sorry, but you said: to get vax... vacky... What did you mean by that?"


The man looks at Corso with a puzzled face: "I don't remember the fancy words he used. Something with wax and about not catching the plague. Sorry, I don't know anything else."


M Human CG Arcane Duelist L3 || AC15 T12 FF13 || HP 12/24 || F+2 R+5 W+3 || Init+2 || Perc+4 ; IC 4/11

"Not a big deal. Thanks." says Corso. "Are we there yet? I'll be happy to thank her personally for my speedy recovery."


Male Human Wizard Level 4

"He perhaps means vaccinated..? The process of assigning someone immunity from a specific ailment, by getting him or her in contact with the agent for such affection, so as to develop a resistance to it...?" - Medraut whispers to Corso.

Taking a few liberties here in assuming Medraut could know something about it - let me know if we strike this one from the records :D


M Human Cleric 4

Luke begins to wrap the unconscious youths in warm blankets, in order to bring them to the apothecary.

"I'll carry the the boy, can someone else pick up the girl?"


Male Half-Orc
Vital Stats:
HP: 32/36, - AC: 16/T: 11/FF: 15 - Perception: +3 - Initiative: +1 - F: +6 / R: +2/ W: +1 (+1 vs. fear) - CMB +8(-1) (+10(-1) Tripping); CMD 19 (21 vs. Trip), Speed: 20

Lorzub steps up, "I will carry her." He reaches down and scoops her up on his shoulder.


M Human Cleric 4

"Now let's get something to wake them up. With any luck they even remember something."

With that, Luke begins to carry the unconscious boy to the apothecary, wrapped in a blanket.

551 to 578 of 578 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Journey to Karpad All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.