Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

The many Trails of Elrith

Game Master icehawk333


1,451 to 1,500 of 1,506 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

Male Half-orc Magus 6

The unhealthy scale is held up to Dredger's left arm, and then he starts walking back out the cave, never taking his eyes off it. "Just checking something!" he yells back, now a good distance away.


Female Kobold? Swashbuckler 1, paladin 1, samurai (sword Saint) 3.

"... What? Uh. Where's he? Uh."

Silver Crusade

M (male) Human Paladin 6

the scales remain scales "um... I can't see him anymore... is he still in the cave?"


Male Half-orc Magus 6

Dredger steps back into view with the scale in hand. "Had to make sure this wasn't a ludicrously good illusion."

Silver Crusade

M (male) Human Paladin 6

"but how would that tell you..... Illusions typically take place in static ten-foot cubes an- wait how did I know that?"


Female Kobold? Swashbuckler 1, paladin 1, samurai (sword Saint) 3.

adya just watches dreger, rather confused.


Jo'Vassa wrote:
"so no harm done, yes?"

i wouldn't exactly say that.


genderfluid half fiendish gnoll Oracle (feral soul) 6

"that is because La'Vassa already be saying that, yes?"


Male Kitsune Counter-Summoner 6

"It's the difference between us walking in and killing guard dogs and walking in and murdering guards. Still not exactly welcome in any culture. But let's keep moving."

He directs everyone back into the previous moving formation and through the cavern, sticking again to the left wall.


Male Half-orc Magus 6

"Illusions don't work if you pull something far enough from it." He explains nonchalantly.

Silver Crusade

M (male) Human Paladin 6

"right.... well...does this change anything?"


genderfluid half fiendish gnoll Oracle (feral soul) 6

La'Vassa snaps her fingers and a small thrush appears on her shoulder "hctib, please look and see what else is near, yes?"


M Meatbag Scholor 1
Jo'Vassa wrote:
La'Vassa snaps her fingers and a small thrush appears on her shoulder "hctib, please look and see what else is near, yes?"

"Cave. Cave is near."

the thrush says, as unhelpfully as possible.


genderfluid half fiendish gnoll Oracle (feral soul) 6

".... why does Vassa even have you"


Male Kitsune Counter-Summoner 6

Keaton raises an eyebrow as the gnoll suddenly has a familiar, but continues on in the path.


M Meatbag Scholor 1
Jo'Vassa wrote:
".... why does Vassa even have you"

"Donno, you barely even acknowledge me."


M Meatbag Scholor 1

soon enough, the group comes to a fork in the path.


genderfluid half fiendish gnoll Oracle (feral soul) 6

"maybe Vassa would pay more attention if you wasn't such an ass"


M Meatbag Scholor 1
Jo'Vassa wrote:

"maybe Vassa would pay more attention if you wasn't such an ass"

"Meh."

and the thrush vanishes.


Male Kitsune Counter-Summoner 6

Keaton has them do a quick sweep of the east to make sure they aren't ambushed before checking the small branch off to the west for anything


M Meatbag Scholor 1

those who are trained in it, make either a knowadge (dungeoneering) or (engeneering) check.


female human 6th level fighter hp 35/35 (Luna's stamina 6/6]

engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


M Meatbag Scholor 1

at the end of the small hallway, one of the walls seems weak, and sounds hollow, meaning it can Probobly be broken and there is likely open space on the other side.


female human 6th level fighter hp 35/35 (Luna's stamina 6/6]

Ellen points out the weak wall to the others.
"Should we check that before going the other way?"


Male Half-orc Magus 6

"Fortunately, it proves your story so far. Like I said, False dragons are dealt with, with extreme prejudice."

Silver Crusade

M (male) Human Paladin 6

"right.... so, you can lead the way to your people?"


Male Half-orc Magus 6

"Of course, if you can move in that state."


Male Kitsune Counter-Summoner 6

"We should come back for it later. We're still trying to make this a diplomacy mission, and busting through walls is frowned upon. Vassa, can you have your familiar watch there to make sure nothing comes through and catches us from behind?"


genderfluid half fiendish gnoll Oracle (feral soul) 6

"Hcitb, if you is not gone, you can have the rear guard. Easily the safest job for yous"


M Meatbag Scholor 1

the thrush reappears, hops down, and settles near the wall.


Male Kitsune Counter-Summoner 6

"Good, now, let's continue."

He resolves to ask about the creative name when and if they make it out of the cavern later.

The group resumes the walking positions and sets off to explore the other branch they only skimmed earlier.

Silver Crusade

M (male) Human Paladin 6

Anthony begins to stand "I can move fine... bit stiff but fine.... problem is I can't see much... nothing beyond the gold you guys are stepping on"


M Meatbag Scholor 1

the group keeps heading foreword, and soon comes across the option to turn right or go streight.

meanwhile

Hctib looks about, and when the other wander off, they turn back into an imp, light up a cigar, and lean on the wall, half asleep.


Female Kobold? Swashbuckler 1, paladin 1, samurai (sword Saint) 3.
Antony Martin wrote:

Anthony begins to stand "I can move fine... bit stiff but fine.... problem is I can't see much... nothing beyond the gold you guys are stepping on"

"You can't see?"

Adya looks at his eyes, little more then scars.
"... I should've known that."

Silver Crusade

M (male) Human Paladin 6

"I can see maybe a hundred feat out... I've seen Oracles deal with less... maybe I could find one of them... see how they manage...."


Male Kitsune Counter-Summoner 6

Sticking to the left wall rule, the group will try the trail to the east.


M Meatbag Scholor 1
Keaton Renard wrote:
Sticking to the left wall rule, the group will try the trail to the east.

heading to the east reveals a long, winding passage.


Male Kitsune Counter-Summoner 6

Unless there are objections, the group continues down the path.


genderfluid half fiendish gnoll Oracle (feral soul) 6

La'Vassa doesn't object


M Meatbag Scholor 1

When the group reaches the end of the hall, they find a skeleton with a sword in between it's rib cages, pinned against the wall.


genderfluid half fiendish gnoll Oracle (feral soul) 6

"um hello? is you able to be talked to?"


Male Kitsune Counter-Summoner 6

"Well, that's also not encouraging. This doesn't look the same as the first two skeletons we found. Larry, do Proteans tend to carry swords or would something like this have been here since before they got here? Am I also wrongly assuming the first two sets of bones we found were caused by proteans? The malformation makes sense from them being chaos creatures, but if they just moved in, why are all of these skeletons totally bare?"

He also casts detect magic to check the skeleton.


it's possible for a protean to use a sword, but they usually don't. A sword represents a degree of effort and training. A foucs beyond the whims a protean usually has. As for the mutated corpses, that seems like it was subjected to protean magic, yes. Af for the bones being clean... perhaps you're right. Perhaps they've been here longer then was assumed.


M Meatbag Scholor 1

the sword glows with magic. Spellcraft check please.


M Meatbag Scholor 1
Jo'Vassa wrote:
"um hello? is you able to be talked to?"

The skeleton remains dead.


Male Kitsune Counter-Summoner 6

Keaton casts Identify and takes a look at the sword, squeezing up to the front to look, but not touching it if at all possible. He had a bit of a bad feeling about this for some reason. It just felt off.
1d20 + 11 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 10 = 28


genderfluid half fiendish gnoll Oracle (feral soul) 6

La'Vassa looks for a loose rock to throw at it.


M Meatbag Scholor 1

the sword is a +1 returning sword. Probobly a longsword or bastard sword, hard to tell with so much of it in the wall. There are quite a few other magic aruas as well, but thier purpose seems unknown. Minor conjurstion, necromancy, alteration, and evocation.


M Meatbag Scholor 1

this is a cave, there is loose rock everywhere.

1,451 to 1,500 of 1,506 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Welcome to Erith All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.