Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Mansion in the Mists (Inactive)

Game Master Matt, Garnished Game Designer

A dungeon crawl campaign designed to teach new players the basic rules of Pathfinder.


51 to 100 of 106 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Rogue (Knife master)

Jacques spins round from peering back into the fog and stares intently at the chimney.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
I think you're right Gerthi. It seems someone is home. Could it be family of yours perhaps, Mr Devendell?
Sense motive check on Mr Devendell's reply: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Human Druid 1

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

"Are you two sure? I cannot make anything out"


Female Human Cleric of Iomedae 1

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

"I can't see anything either." It was possible that something was there, but no matter how hard Sakina looked, she couldn't make it out.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 "I can see the smoke too," says Senjak.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Monk Of Folgrit 4 Fighter 2

Lorasaadi nods, Yes I am sure.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

"We knew someone or something was bound to be inside. I still say we make a circle around the mansion as best we can and see what we see before we enter,"says Senjak.


Offers a shrug and continues forward, smiling as Snow lands on her shoulder.

This place may take a while to explore


Male
Jaques Mitr wrote:

Jacques spins round from peering back into the fog and stares intently at the chimney.

Perception: 1d20 + 4
I think you're right Gerthi. It seems someone is home. Could it be family of yours perhaps, Mr Devendell?
Sense motive check on Mr Devendell's reply: 1d20 + 4

Devendell looks worried.

"No one should be home... In any case, there's a basement entrance and a side servant's entrance."

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Monk Of Folgrit 4 Fighter 2

Lorasaadi nods. I think we should go to the servant's entrance, might find some clues there as to who is in the house.


Male

"Sounds fair. I'd be very much interested. Let's just say the old family has never been quite the homely type of late."


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

"Lets go check out the servant's entrance," Senjak says.


Female Dwarf Paladin of Torag 1

"I know it's going to sound familiar, coming from a Dwarf and all, but I'd be happier taking the basement. That way we can presume that no one is behind us. But I'll accept the servant's entrance if that is the will of the group.

"By the way, Mr. Devendell, will you be accompanying us into the mansion house?."


Female Human Cleric of Iomedae 1

"I'd like to check out the servant's entrance as well," Sakina replies.


Male

"Well, so far it seems most of us feel more strongly to the servant's entrance. And yes, Miss Stensikker, I shall be accompanying you. I am not without my own protection."


Female Human Witch/1

"And on what side of the mansion is the servant's entrance located?" replied Sara stiffling a yawn.


Male

"I apologize, I forgot to mention it! The servant's entrance is just around on the eastern side. We'd have to cross through the old rose gardens though."


Male Human Rogue (Knife master)

"Wake up Cabbage" Jacques says, smiling at Sara.

"A stroll through the rose garden sounds lovely. Shall we get going?


Male Human Druid 1

"Yes, we should go." Lorin says, staying near the group.


Female Human Witch/1

"Is there a problem with the rose gardens Mr. Devendell?"

Sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 11


Male

"No... at least there wasn't when I used to live here. Let's just say most of the house will not be as I last saw it. It wouldn't surprise me if the rose garden was no longer quite as enjoyable as before."

Heading down the path that takes you around the house into the gardens, you notice a rather large raven perched on a wooden post.

"Oh don't mind him, that's just Sir. He's the house raven."

Ken looks back at you.

"He's stuffed."

The rusted gate ahead leads into the rose garden. Large vines grow all over, dwarfed by a towering hedge of leafy bushes, blocking much of the garden ahead from view.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Monk Of Folgrit 4 Fighter 2

Don't mind me saying Mr Ken, bit I think you need a gardener..


Male

"Thank you, I'll see to it as soon as possible"

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Monk Of Folgrit 4 Fighter 2

Shall we? Lets go into the Rose Garden.


Male

"Well, I was waiting on others to see if everyone was ready. So, who will lead the way? Form up men! And women... I doubt this garden is as tranquil as I remember."

Simply put where in the "adventuring line" you want to be. Front line, middle or rear guard for example.


Male Human Rogue (Knife master)

"We best let Gerthi go in front, otherwise she won't be able to see anything." Jacques says, smiling. "I'll watch the back, in case any of Mr Devendell's roses try to get the drop on us." he adds, quietly sliding his knives into his hands.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

"Let's keep the marching order the same as before," Senjak says and begin to head out with Gerthi.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Monk Of Folgrit 4 Fighter 2

Lorasaadi falls in beside the child witch determined to protect her from harm.


Female Dwarf Paladin of Torag 1

Gerthi glances coldly at Jaques, her narrow eyes searching for... something... before she breaks into a broad smile. "Lucky for you, boy, that you surfacers's sense of humour´ is one of the things I love about this damned roofless world! Come on then, fall in behind me and Senjak.

The dwarven paladin's left hand grips the heavy hammer she carries, and the right arm tenses and relaxes behind the great metal shield.

"Let's see what's taken hold while Mr. Devendell's been away from his garden. Lorasaadi? A word, if I may?"


Female Human Witch/1

The child looks up to Lorasaadi, and back to Jaques offering both a faint smile.

I'm ready

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Monk Of Folgrit 4 Fighter 2

Lorasaadi nods and walks beside Gerthi.

Yes Mistress Dwarf?


Male

The rose garden is eerily silent. The cry of a raven pierces it for a half-second before being muffled.

"I feel this is but the start of out troubles..."

Walking past rows of desiccated rose hedges, guarded by stone statues of weeping children, you advance into the garden.

Ahead of you, a door leads inside.

Perception checks!


Male Human Druid 1

Lorin looks around for any present danger.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Female Human Cleric of Iomedae 1

Sakina takes her place beside Lorin as the group heads through the rose garden towards the servant's entrance. While walking, she looks around, alert for any signs of danger.

Perception:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Female Dwarf Paladin of Torag 1

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Gerthi checks her stride until she is alongside Lorasaadi, and whispers casually.

Carefully whispering to Lorasaadi, don't read if you can't hear it:
"Keep one eye on Mr. Devendell always."

"Ho there, Mr. Devendell. What in the world caused you to have statues of weeping children in your garden? 'Tis a most unusual thing."


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Female Human Witch/1

Looking around, Sara whispers to no one in particular,
"stupid flowers"

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


Male Human Rogue (Knife master)

Jacques studies the statues and then slowly turns around, looking back into the fog behind the party.

He says nothing.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Monk Of Folgrit 4 Fighter 2

Lorasaadi nods and started walking beside Mr Devendell.

Puzzled at the silent commotion Lorasaadi joined in looking around.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Male

"Well, these statues were hand carved by the late Mikhael Evenburger... I believe he owed my uncle a favor and this collection largely covered it. In any case they aren't exactly my favorite."

Perception DC 20:

You see a movement within a rose bush... and it's moving towards Mr. Devendell


Male Human Rogue (Knife master)

"What's that? In that bush?" says Jacques urgently, pointing at one of the rose bushes.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Monk Of Folgrit 4 Fighter 2

Careful!

Lorasaadi stood before Mr Devendell before the incoming thing.


Male

Pushed back by Jacques and Lorasadi, a large thorn-covered vine lashes out and barely misses Devendell's head.

"What in the blue blazes...!" he exclaims.

The vine seems intent on ripping off his head.

Initiative rolls!


Male Human Rogue (Knife master)

"Looks like you need a new gardener Mr Devendell."
Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Male

"I should hope not, Micel was always very good at his job..."

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Monk Of Folgrit 4 Fighter 2

Bring it on!!

[ooc]Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Female Dwarf Paladin of Torag 1

Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Gerthi rushes to one side of the angle of attack from the vine so that her shield is between her and the bush, and stands poised to swing her trusty hammer should it attempt to strike again...


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Senjak rushes sword drawn to attempt to attack the vine.


Male Human Druid 1

initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 15

"What the...."


Female Human Witch/1

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
"I'm sorry I called you stupid..."


Male

Angry Plant 20
Jacques 19
Gerthi 17
Lorasaddi 16
Lorin 15
Sara 14
Senjak 12
Devendell 8
===

The plant lashes out viciously at Devendell.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage Roll: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

For those of you who haven't done this before, simply roll all your attacks and damage at the same time, then hit preview. Depending on your roll, you can write out your actions after.

The plant nevertheless misses, and coils back in on itself, writhing just inside the bush.

51 to 100 of 106 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Mansion in the Mists Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.