Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Lost City (4e Paragon)

Game Master Rev Rosey

Open Design's Lost City adventure for Paragon pcs.
Starting level 13.


851 to 900 of 1,788 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue/Daggermaster 14

So glad Don isn't in that group, he has none of those skills.


Male Half-elf Assassin 14 / Obsidian Stalker

Bug Group

I thought she wanted our aid. She's being awfully fussy.

"I am sure we will be able to find a mutually beneficial arrangement, your highness. Let us help one another."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17


M Goliath Cleric 14 / Storm Speaker / Druid

Market

Cronin bows and really, really, hopes that Kevaras and/or Andaros has followed him in. He's not as sure about Don.


Bug group

4 successes/2 failures

Nayce starts to lose patience with Xurtix and she is sensitive enough to pick up his feelings.

As he flounders, the assassin realises that although the insectoid wants help, she is not in a position to ask for it directly. She needs assistance from those able to understand her difficult position.

Market group

Cronin looms into the room.


Male Goliath Warden - Stoneblessed

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23 Athletics

Greeg rolled his shoulders, and cassually twirled the hammer in his grip as he watched the interraction between Nayce and the would be queen.

He knew enough to keep quiet now, and instead looked around the room for dangers and possible defensive points. He turned his neck and cracked the joint there, again subconciously going through the little excercises that kept his big frame supple enough for immediate and violent actions.


Bug group

Xurtix continues to look approvingly (even rather greedily) at Greeg's rippling torso.

5 successes/2 failures
All down to one last roll.


Male Drow Protecting Paladin 14 / Hospitaler

Market group

As Sonus leads the group through the market, the drow says to his guide,

"You'll have to excuse my human friend's nervousness, for you see, he is a man of peace, and the mention of a 'garrison' has put him on edge."

"I trust that we are safe within these walls?" the paladin casually enquires. Kevaras would like to try Insight 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 to glean anything at all about the purpose and strength of these troops.

Cronin wrote:
Cronin bows and really, really, hopes that Kevaras and/or Andaros has followed him in.
Rev DM wrote:
"The lothaa will be delighted to speak with you."

The paladin makes a gesture of acquiescence towards Sonus before venturing into the low building. He bows as Cronin does.


Market group

As he leads the way to the lothaa's dwelling, Sonus explains. "We are not at war, but the Kadrana require us to monitor all points of the city. Should there be an incursion, we are ready."

The oklu warrior is evidently sincere, but it is hard to guage precisely why he should be so concerned with obeying a long-gone race of giants.


Male Dwarf Invoker/Divine Philosopher 14

Bug group

Guldarin tries to judge the princesses mood. What does she want them to say? What interests might they have in common that the party can appeal to, if she won't trust them to help otherwise?

Insight check, 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29
Sorry to have been rather quiet for a few days. We have people off at work, and I'm trying to cover two jobs and start making plans for our major refurbishment in the summer. I'm low on time, and also on energy.


Ouch. Take care of yourself. That sounds like a lot of pressure.

Bug group

Guldarin spends a while in thought. Drawing on his vast experience of how misconception due to difference in approach, and his own storehouse of personal reminiscence, he finds a way through the tangle.

Enough of his thoughts are readable. Xurtix's wings flutter and she dismisses her hunter guards.

Success

"My hunter was correct. You are a resourceful hive."

She proceeds to outline her problem.

"The Queen is old. She will not stand aside for the good of our people. If she remains we will wither and perish. With my learning I see this clearly, but no Trignotarb will willingly strike her down. You are not Trignotarb and you have no hive loyalty to the old one. Remove her, and it will be accepted that her time is over. If I am seen to act, there will be ... difficulties. Help me and I will reward you greatly."


Male Half-elf Assassin 14 / Obsidian Stalker

Bug Group

"If we were to do as you say, should we expect retaliation from the hive at large? Would they not be disposed to avenge their queen?"


Bug group

Xurtix laughs - an odd sound from an insect.

"How little you understand us. The new order would be the right order. That is how the hive works."


Bug group

"Will you aid me in bringing about the new cycle?"

Market group

"Is it true that you come from the Kadrana?"


Male Goliath Warden - Stoneblessed

Bug Group

Greeg nodded at the princess, replying in his deep voice "For my part, I am willing to assist you Princess Xurtix. This may lead to a mutual benefit and sharing of information between our two...Hives."

He understood there may be danger here, but at this point he felt this was the most solid chance at finding leads in their quest that they had come across to date.

Quietly he wondered how well Cronin and his companions were faring. He hoped the cleric was staying well.


Male Drow Protecting Paladin 14 / Hospitaler

Market group

"Greetings, Your Eminence. We are mere representatives of eastern trade interests, though we have heard rumours of sand giant activity."

The drow pauses and looks to Cronin to ensure the goliath is ready for the lothaa's reaction,

"Maybe you could ask Faez, my sources tell me he's in the city."

Insight 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Bug group

"I will offer you some information now, in token of my good faith. What do you wish to know?"

Xuritix's pride in her store of knowledge is palpable. Clearly she wishes to demonstrate her prowess.

Market group

"Faez? This is not a name I know. I doubt he is of the Kadrana."

Riyo is completely sincere.

"Our masters have departed for a brief while, but we await their return and we continue to carry out their orders. All continues as it should."


Male Human Rogue/Daggermaster 14

Market Group

Don lounges near the door, thoroughly disinterested. He looks out the window, or slouches against the wall, his arms crossed. Finally he just blurts out, "Look, do you know why the water's gone bad near here, or what?"


Market group

Riyo looks anxious. "We of the northern wall are entirely devoted to the service of our Kadrana masters - as was ordained by the goddess Kaima. There are other oklu however. They encourage thought outside the imprint of our masters. Perhaps they have tampered. Perhaps they have even attempted change. Heresy."


M Goliath Cleric 14 / Storm Speaker / Druid

"Imprint?" Cronin considers. "Please, what do the Kadrana look like?"


Male Half-elf Assassin 14 / Obsidian Stalker

Bug Group

"Someone or something has been poisoning the ground water in the vacinity of the human settlements. Do you have any knowledge as to who might do such a thing?" Nayce asks.


Rev DM wrote:


Market group

"Is it true that you come from the Kadrana?"

It would be more accurate to say that we have been charged with the responsibility of the environment of the nearby Human settlements. Something has affected the water supply, and if unchecked, the poisoning of the ground water may affect this city as well."


Bug group

"There is a malsalix infestation within the waterworks of the ruins. Our hive works to clear the menace from our garden, but I doubt any around the sacred tank of Kaima could do so. That is where the infection lies."

Market group

"Yes," explains Riyo, proudly. "We are the creations of Kaima. She made us as servitors to the great Kadrana. They are the mightiest of the giants and their orders are law to us. There are heretics, but here we observe the imprint as we have always done."

He nods benignly in Cronin's direction.

"None of us have ever seen the Kadrana, but they will surely return soon."


M Goliath Cleric 14 / Storm Speaker / Druid

Market

Cronin conspicuously scratches at his left armpit.


Male Human Rogue/Daggermaster 14

Market Group

Sighing, Don shifts forward a bit, "Well then we might pay these heretic guys a visit...so uh..where do we find em?"


Market group

Unconsciously, Riyo imitates Cronin's movement as he answers Don.

"They dwell on the Eastern Wall. It is not the hour of visiting. You would do well to wait."


Male Human Rogue/Daggermaster 14

Market Group

Don takes a moment to phrase his words, lest he be chased out of town....again.

Diplomacy Bound to be the only time he tries this skill
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

exactly as I predicted

"You do realize we're probably going to have to take em out if they're poisoning the water, yeah?" As if to explain it further, he draws a line on his throat with his index finger.


M Goliath Cleric 14 / Storm Speaker / Druid

"Thank you for the advice," Cronin interjects. '"How long until the hour of visiting?"


Male Half-elf Assassin 14 / Obsidian Stalker

Bug Group

"What can you tell us about malsalix? And what is the sacred tank of Kaima?"


Bug group

Xurtix looks superior, her antennae twitching patronisingly as she explains.

"These are the ruins of Kadralu, ancient flying city of the Kadrana. They were giants raised beyond their kind by Kaima - perhaps on a whim, perhaps to ensure her own survival. She thought her chosen race would guard her while she slept. Kadralu is but her cocoon. At its heart lies the sacred tank where Kaima lies sleeping."

Xurtix spreads her wings and takes on a more regal tone.

"That is one piece of knowledge, given in good faith. Aid me and I shall tell you more."

Market group

Riyo is clearly greatly offended by Don's words.

"Do not threaten Kaima's servitors. We will defend ourselves and we are not helpless."

He rings a small bell and guards emerge from an inner chamber.

"You will remain here."


Male Human Rogue/Daggermaster 14

Market Group

Uh oh...


Male Dwarf Invoker/Divine Philosopher 14

Bug Group.

"Then, we shall aid you. And in exchange, receive the aid that will help our hives survive."


Male Human Rogue/Daggermaster 14

Market Group

"Erhm...whoa whoa..." Don flusters, "I mean if you know a better way to get these guys to stop with the poison, I'm all for it, I mean." He defensively puts his hands up as he tries to explain.

Bluff!
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
I predicted this roll too. I know my character apparently!


Bug group

"In return, I shall ensure that some of the Old Queen's guards are distracted. My hunters will take you to her palace in the guise of prisoners. That will be satisfactory and you may gain access to her."

Market group

Riyo's expression becomes confused as Don attempts to backtrack.

"You will be better under our care. It is now the hour of resting. We will not harm you, but you may not leave. Take them to the resting place."

Eight muscular oklu prepare to escort the group away from the lothaa.


M Goliath Cleric 14 / Storm Speaker / Druid

Market

Insight -- how, um, long-term does this idea of Riyo's seem?
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23


Judging from the behaviours Cronin has observed, he doubts that Riyo will break with tradition if at all possible. How long he intends to keep you beyond the hour of resting is hard to tell, but he seems not to mean you any harm.


M Goliath Cleric 14 / Storm Speaker / Druid

Market

Cronin prepares to be escorted.


Male Goliath Warden - Stoneblessed

Greeg nodded at the plan. Now that they had a taste of the knowledge this creature possessed, he was keen to get in and have a chance to gain it. "Your plan sounds fine to me your highness. How shall we let you know when we are successful?"


Male Human Rogue/Daggermaster 14

Market Group

Don looks over to Cronin, then tugs at his collar, the well known sign for 'narrowly averted disaster'.


Bug group

Xurtix's multi-faceted eyes glow slightly as she looks at Greeg, watching the massive goliath closely.

"I will know. All the hive will know. You must be quick. Until the Queen is no longer Queen, all the hive will work to protect her. The first blow you strike against her will alert them."

Ready to be airlifted or do you want to make some battle plans first?

Market group

The Resting Place turns out to be the oklu equivalent of a very clean dormitory. The guards are polite, but firm. Five remain in the room with the group, while the remaining three position themselves outside the doors.

Perception checks please.


M Goliath Cleric 14 / Storm Speaker / Druid

Market

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


I think we should try and work in a full rest before we leave if possible. I am getting low on surges.


Male Drow Protecting Paladin 14 / Hospitaler

Market group

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Male Human Rogue/Daggermaster 14

Market Group

Don warily looks over the place

Perception
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


Market group

Kevaras is aware of some kind of commotion on the opposite side of the market.


Male Half-elf Assassin 14 / Obsidian Stalker

Bug Group

No preparations I can conceive of...


Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Male Drow Protecting Paladin 14 / Hospitaler

Kevaras does not bother getting up from his bunk, and continues to trance/stare at the ceiling.

"What's all that commotion? I thought this was supposed to be the hour of rest!"


Just a quick advance warning. I may be slow posting for the next week. I've got a youth theatre show in the final stages and will be extremely pushed for time.

Bug group

Dram wanted to take a rest. Anyone going to try and persuade Xurtix that's a good plan?

Market group

Now that Kevaras has pointed it out, Andaros too is aware of the noise. So too are the guarding oklu, who start to look concerned.


Male Goliath Warden - Stoneblessed

Bug Group

Greeg looked around at his companions and their rather beat up state. He looked to the Princess and spoke loudly into the room, mostly because that was really the only volume he knew.

"Your worshipfullness, it may prove useful if we could gain some information about the defenses the Queen has, and maybe a map of the room and other details of the buildings which she is found. We could use time to eat and plan before we do this for, in order to best maximise our chance for success. Would these defenders of your queen be aware of our arrival at this stage? If not, let us rest and prepare properly. The more time and information we can glean, the faster her time of replacement will come to you."

Not sure what to roll, that's really just a question from Greeg. If needed, diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Bug group

"Well spoken. You are a good hive member."

Xurix extends a mandible and touches Greeg on the head, her voice almost purring.

"The Queen's defenders are at ease for now. You may rest, strengthen yourselves and plan under my guardianship."

Map coming up soon.

851 to 900 of 1,788 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Lost City (4e Paragon) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.