Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

The Long Campaign (Season 4 Scenarios)

Game Master Emmjay

MAPS AND HANDOUTS


51 to 100 of 110 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Male LN Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Iomedae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | CMB +2, CMD 12| F: +3, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Blessings: 3/3 | SLA: Light 1/1 | Re-Roll 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

"Have it your way I intended to give you the chance the Inheritor would give anyone that has transgressed. Opportunities do not come idly by like this. Ebert finishes his drink and turns to Nylthe and says rather loudly so the patrons of the bar can hear as well "Come Friend let us go report the illicit activities this Paltus has been up too to the Guards of Diobel. They can see fit to his redemption's full evenhandedly."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
I would like to use my Shirt Re-Roll and faction pin roll together please
Intimidate, GM Star, Faction Pin: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 20

The Exchange

Male Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 1 | AC 16 (T 14/FF 12) | CMB +3 CMD 17 (FF 13) | HP 11/11 | Init +6 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Perception +6 | 30' Speed |

Not much of a people person, Duncan stands silently watching the Iomedean try to influence the owner of the Oyster, but also keeping an eye on the street, in case one of the "guests" starts to arrive. When that starts to go south, and the tack becomes threats, Duncan feels like he has something to add.

"I think the city officials would be quite interested in the illegal dealings from this establishment. I think several merchants might also be interested in items bought here. Interested in ways that might not by healthy for you, Pal..." he says this last with as much derision as he can muster, hoping it's enough to help convince the man to close shop for a day.

Intimidate, aid another: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

Perception checks as requested
perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Dark Archive

Male LN Human (keleshite) Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Move. 30ft.
Skills:
Acrobatics +0, Bluff -2, Climb +2, Diplomacy -2, Disable Device +5, Intimidate -2, Knowledge (arcana, local, planes) +6, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +0, Survival +0, Swim +2, UMD +2

Gahrod is outside leaning against the western wall and with visibility to main door and side entrance..

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Token placed

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 1 | HP: 12/12| AC: 19( 11Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +2; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: none

Likewise, Marianna is watching the eastern approaches to the building

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Dark Archive

Female Half-Elf Unchained Summoner 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 CMD 13 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +0 | Init +7 | Perc -2 | Sense Motive -2 | Summon Monsters 6/6 | Level 1 Spells 2/2

Nylthe gives a wintry smile, Think about how many people already know about your business here. Think about how many of them are willing to tell all they know to avoid a little... hardship.
Iomedae is just. I'd take my chances with the priest.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Intimidate GM Reroll: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 = 17

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps
Ebert Shimmerblade wrote:

"Have it your way I intended to give you the chance the Inheritor would give anyone that has transgressed. Opportunities do not come idly by like this. Ebert finishes his drink and turns to Nylthe and says rather loudly so the patrons of the bar can hear as well "Come Friend let us go report the illicit activities this Paltus has been up too to the Guards of Diobel. They can see fit to his redemption's full evenhandedly."

The few patrons in the bar break out laughing as Ebert threatens to go to the authorities.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 [ooc]Are you truthful in your wanting to go to the guards, or is it just a ruse?

Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
"What makes you think that they don't already know what is going on, and receive an incentive to look away?"

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps

Gahrod, who is outside, witnesses someone who doesn't look like the normal patron type for this tavern make his way in from the left dock doors. Duncan, who is inside, who also notices the man, take a seat near the bar and order an ale. The non-owner barkeep fulfills that order.

Sovereign Court

Male LN Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Iomedae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | CMB +2, CMD 12| F: +3, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Blessings: 3/3 | SLA: Light 1/1 | Re-Roll 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

As Truthful as Iomeadae is the goddess of righteous valor, justice, and honor :)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Well He believes they might be paid off

Ebert again yells loud enough for the entire bar and maybe those in the street to hear "Even if you have paid off the guards, even with the sell of Fake pearls on the Black Market I seriously doubt you could have paid them all off! Ebert turns about and asks Nylthe "Will you stay here and watch this man to ensure he does not leave while I fetch the authorities to investigate Paltus and his establishment." The last part he again states loudly for all to here.

The Warpriest begins to storm out of the building in an almost rage stomping as he goes.

Moved my marker to where I think I would get to with storming off.

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps
Ebert Shimmerblade wrote:

As Truthful as Iomeadae is the goddess of righteous valor, justice, and honor :)

[dice=Sense Motive]1d20+3 Well He believes they might be paid off

Ebert again yells loud enough for the entire bar and maybe those in the street to hear "Even if you have paid off the guards, even with the sell of Fake pearls on the Black Market I seriously doubt you could have paid them all off! Ebert turns about and asks Nylthe "Will you stay here and watch this man to ensure he does not leave while I fetch the authorities to investigate Paltus and his establishment." The last part he again states loudly for all to here.

The Warpriest begins to storm out of the building in an almost rage stomping as he goes.

Moved my marker to where I think I would get to with storming off.

Duncan, I need a perception check, since you have been the only one inside to notice the potential agent.

Again, the patrons laugh. Why not? They aren't in any trouble. However, as much as his bravado may be for show, there was a flicker of uncertainty in his demeanor, if only for a moment.

Dark Archive

Male Human Oracle of Lore 1 | AC 20 (T 13/FF 17) | CMB +1 CMD 12 (FF 11) | HP 8/8 | Init +1 | Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +2 | Perception +0 | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed | Spells 1: 4/4

Juis raises his head from his tankard of ale and pretends to wonder what is going on. Still acting like an innocent observer.

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps
Juis Helfro wrote:
Juis raises his head from his tankard of ale and pretends to wonder what is going on. Still acting like an innocent observer.

And, since you are drinking alone, and rolled so low on your PER, you really don't know whats going on....

The Exchange

Male Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 1 | AC 16 (T 14/FF 12) | CMB +3 CMD 17 (FF 13) | HP 11/11 | Init +6 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Perception +6 | 30' Speed |

Frowning at how the interaction with Palthus is going, Duncan takes note of the unusual stranger at the table, and keeps his eye on that fellow's actions and movements.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Will react based on what I notice about the agent...

Dark Archive

Male LN Human (keleshite) Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Move. 30ft.
Skills:
Acrobatics +0, Bluff -2, Climb +2, Diplomacy -2, Disable Device +5, Intimidate -2, Knowledge (arcana, local, planes) +6, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +0, Survival +0, Swim +2, UMD +2

Gahrod continues watching outside. He starts to get a bit nervous after watching a potential agent step inside, and no signs of the tavern closing according to their plans.

If the tavern does not close in the next 10 minutes he will head into the tavern through the same entrance used by the suspected agent.

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps
Duncan Blackfeather wrote:

Frowning at how the interaction with Palthus is going, Duncan takes note of the unusual stranger at the table, and keeps his eye on that fellow's actions and movements.

[dice=Perception]1d20+6

Will react based on what I notice about the agent...

The person who you strongly suspect as being one of the agents reacts noticeably when Ebert storms out of the building in a huff. Sure, he laughs with everyone else, but there is a certain nervousness there, a certain amount of 'on edge' that he appears to exude, if you know what to look for.

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps
Ebert Shimmerblade wrote:

As Truthful as Iomeadae is the goddess of righteous valor, justice, and honor :)

[dice=Sense Motive]1d20+3 Well He believes they might be paid off

Ebert again yells loud enough for the entire bar and maybe those in the street to hear "Even if you have paid off the guards, even with the sell of Fake pearls on the Black Market I seriously doubt you could have paid them all off! Ebert turns about and asks Nylthe "Will you stay here and watch this man to ensure he does not leave while I fetch the authorities to investigate Paltus and his establishment." The last part he again states loudly for all to here.

The Warpriest begins to storm out of the building in an almost rage stomping as he goes.

Moved my marker to where I think I would get to with storming off.

Off of map

Making your way out of the tavern doesn't prove to be an issue at all. While you are the center of attention, and most of the patrons do look at you and chuckle as you leave, they don't impede your progress. Storming off, you do notice several guards in the area. No more than what would be expected in this part of the city, but finding one (or more) to talk to isn't going to be a problem. What is, though, is the fact that time is very much of the essence, as you have less than an hour to go before the meeting is to take place. Also, as you were busy conversing with the owner, you don't know if any agent has arrived (yet).

Dark Archive

Female Half-Elf Unchained Summoner 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 CMD 13 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +0 | Init +7 | Perc -2 | Sense Motive -2 | Summon Monsters 6/6 | Level 1 Spells 2/2

As Ebert leaves, Nylthe settles in with a cold smile, letting her gaze fix on the barmen and customers as if memorizing their faces, before settling in with a look of supreme confidence.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps
Nylthe Shadowbound wrote:

As Ebert leaves, Nylthe settles in with a cold smile, letting her gaze fix on the barmen and customers as if memorizing their faces, before settling in with a look of supreme confidence.

Who? You have mentioned everyone in the bar with your post, its kinda vague....

Dark Archive

Female Half-Elf Unchained Summoner 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 CMD 13 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +0 | Init +7 | Perc -2 | Sense Motive -2 | Summon Monsters 6/6 | Level 1 Spells 2/2

Mainly just trying to look scary to help sell the idea that Ebert will be returning with the guards, unspoken subtext of "you'd better start running now if you've got something to hide"

Sovereign Court

Male LN Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Iomedae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | CMB +2, CMD 12| F: +3, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Blessings: 3/3 | SLA: Light 1/1 | Re-Roll 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

After making his way out of the building Ebert sees the guards he begins yelling out running towards them, metal laden form making a thud with each step "Guards! Guards!!! Hurry! Come quickly! There is a man who has been accused of illicit activity and rather than deny the accusations he retorted back stating that he has paid off the authorities." stopping in front of the guards panting he continues "I know fine upstanding members of the Diobel Guard like yourselves, would never stand for another putting a ruse on like this slandering your honorable reputation." he points out the building and asks "Hurry quick there is no telling what evidence of his activities he could be destroying as we speak. Do you think we should send another to the magistrate's office so an investigation can begin promptly?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

The Exchange

Male Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 1 | AC 16 (T 14/FF 12) | CMB +3 CMD 17 (FF 13) | HP 11/11 | Init +6 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Perception +6 | 30' Speed |

Looking right at the newcomer who seems nervous already, Duncan tries to drive him a little farther over the edge.

"Look, if I know that guy, he'll bring the guard here, even if he has to go all the way back to Absalom to do it. If you don't want to have to answer some very uncomfortable questions, you'd best hit the road. The guard wil be here in no time."

Duncan announces this to the room, but again, looks right at the suspected spy during the speech, giving his head a sideways nod in emphasis.

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps
Duncan Blackfeather wrote:

Looking right at the newcomer who seems nervous already, Duncan tries to drive him a little farther over the edge.

"Look, if I know that guy, he'll bring the guard here, even if he has to go all the way back to Absalom to do it. If you don't want to have to answer some very uncomfortable questions, you'd best hit the road. The guard wil be here in no time."

Duncan announces this to the room, but again, looks right at the suspected spy during the speech, giving his head a sideways nod in emphasis.

A social check of some type would be appropriate here...

The Exchange

Male Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 1 | AC 16 (T 14/FF 12) | CMB +3 CMD 17 (FF 13) | HP 11/11 | Init +6 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Perception +6 | 30' Speed |

Sigh, I was afraid you'd say that. Not Duncan's strong suit...

Bluff, Intimidate, Diplomacy check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Will use GM re-roll (3 star), if allowed]

Social check CHA, GM re-roll: 1d20 - 1 + 3 ⇒ (19) - 1 + 3 = 21

Dark Archive

Male LN Human (keleshite) Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Move. 30ft.
Skills:
Acrobatics +0, Bluff -2, Climb +2, Diplomacy -2, Disable Device +5, Intimidate -2, Knowledge (arcana, local, planes) +6, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +0, Survival +0, Swim +2, UMD +2

Seeing Ebert exit the Oyster and call the local guard, Gahrod believes something terribly wrong must be happening inside.

He heads into the tavern through the entrance used by the suspected agent.

Once inside he will look around and react to the situation.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Done inside the Oyster, looking at the customers and in particular the suspected agent.

Token moved to inside the Oyster

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps
Gahrod al-Kazkashir wrote:

Seeing Ebert exit the Oyster and call the local guard, Gahrod believes something terribly wrong must be happening inside.

He heads into the tavern through the entrance used by the suspected agent.

Once inside he will look around and react to the situation.

[dice=Perception]d20+4 Done inside the Oyster, looking at the customers and in particular the suspected agent.

Token moved to inside the Oyster

Well, you come into the inn suspecting something may have gone wrong, and you really can't spot anything that would warrant Ebert running away as fast as he did. While you see Duncan talking to the suspected agent (why would he be doing that), nothing that you would find "odd" is going on.

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps
Ebert Shimmerblade wrote:

After making his way out of the building Ebert sees the guards he begins yelling out running towards them, metal laden form making a thud with each step "Guards! Guards!!! Hurry! Come quickly! There is a man who has been accused of illicit activity and rather than deny the accusations he retorted back stating that he has paid off the authorities." stopping in front of the guards panting he continues "I know fine upstanding members of the Diobel Guard like yourselves, would never stand for another putting a ruse on like this slandering your honorable reputation." he points out the building and asks "Hurry quick there is no telling what evidence of his activities he could be destroying as we speak. Do you think we should send another to the magistrate's office so an investigation can begin promptly?"

"And you are dumb enough to not think that we don't already make a tidy profit off of his activities? Begone with you before I have you brought in!"

Screaming your head off at the first guard you come across, especially with your holier than thou attitude certainly didn't work out the way you wanted it to. Maybe the next guard will be more helpful, along with some manners.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human (keleshite) Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Move. 30ft.
Skills:
Acrobatics +0, Bluff -2, Climb +2, Diplomacy -2, Disable Device +5, Intimidate -2, Knowledge (arcana, local, planes) +6, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +0, Survival +0, Swim +2, UMD +2

Gahrod seems confused by the scene playing out before him.
What the hell is going on. I thought we were trying to shutdown the place.

He will walk over to Juis acting like he was planning on meeting him here, ”Good to see you my friend. It has been a long time.”

He will sit down and then in a quieter voice, whispers, ”So what’s going on at work. Everything ok?”

Dark Archive

Male Human Oracle of Lore 1 | AC 20 (T 13/FF 17) | CMB +1 CMD 12 (FF 11) | HP 8/8 | Init +1 | Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +2 | Perception +0 | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed | Spells 1: 4/4

Juis smiles at Gahrod, "Ah.. long time it has been."

Also in a quieter voice, "They started talking but it looks like it might not have gone that well. Hate to say it, but the intimidation route doesn't look like it will work."

Dark Archive

Int +3, Low Light, HP 7 AC 13/13/10 Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2

[b] We are novices at this, it is no wonder we are not taken seriously but it isa learning experience [/ooc] notes the kituse.

Sorry, for some reason I wasn't able to log on to the site yesterday

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps
Okuru wrote:

[b] We are novices at this, it is no wonder we are not taken seriously but it isa learning experience [/ooc] notes the kituse.

Sorry, for some reason I wasn't able to log on to the site yesterday

Its not that..... Getting the owner to turn himself in won't close the Tavern and stop the meeting (there is the 2nd barkeep/cook), therefore the meeting will still take place. Its getting you guys to do something that will either 1. Close the Tavern down or 2. Spook the Agent(s) away...... All the interaction with the owner didn't do much, if anything, to further the plot.....

Dark Archive

Male Human Oracle of Lore 1 | AC 20 (T 13/FF 17) | CMB +1 CMD 12 (FF 11) | HP 8/8 | Init +1 | Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +2 | Perception +0 | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed | Spells 1: 4/4

"Perhaps starting a brawl is the best way to go about it. Get enough people in here fighting, will disrupt the meeting."

Dark Archive

Male LN Human (keleshite) Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Move. 30ft.
Skills:
Acrobatics +0, Bluff -2, Climb +2, Diplomacy -2, Disable Device +5, Intimidate -2, Knowledge (arcana, local, planes) +6, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +0, Survival +0, Swim +2, UMD +2

”Well that is disappointing. There are very few customers here. Maybe we can get a grease fire in the kitchen started. The smoke and general bedlam should disrupt the meeting”, he whispers back at Juis. ”Maybe our sorceress has a way to get a grease fire started.”

He looks over at Nylthe hoping she has some alternatives.

Dark Archive

Female Half-Elf Unchained Summoner 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 CMD 13 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +0 | Init +7 | Perc -2 | Sense Motive -2 | Summon Monsters 6/6 | Level 1 Spells 2/2

This is a resilient business if the owner turning himself into the cops doesn't disrupt their morning :p.
My understanding of the plan was that we were mainly trying to create a huge stink that would either get the owner to close up for the day to make a run for it, or at least get the patrons concerned that they were about to be in the middle of a town watch raid, the latter of which Duncan seemed to be furthering with his intimidate check.

A grease fire would certainly be distracting, but is more destructive and uncontrolled than I would prefer. Still, if we must...

The Exchange

Male Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 1 | AC 16 (T 14/FF 12) | CMB +3 CMD 17 (FF 13) | HP 11/11 | Init +6 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Perception +6 | 30' Speed |
GM Emmjay wrote:
Okuru wrote:

[b] We are novices at this, it is no wonder we are not taken seriously but it isa learning experience [/ooc] notes the kituse.

Sorry, for some reason I wasn't able to log on to the site yesterday

Its not that..... Getting the owner to turn himself in won't close the Tavern and stop the meeting (there is the 2nd barkeep/cook), therefore the meeting will still take place. Its getting you guys to do something that will either 1. Close the Tavern down or 2. Spook the Agent(s) away...... All the interaction with the owner didn't do much, if anything, to further the plot.....

Duncan's interaction was useless? I thought the threat of the guards coming might spook him at least slightly, but there was no response to that?

Dark Archive

Male Human Oracle of Lore 1 | AC 20 (T 13/FF 17) | CMB +1 CMD 12 (FF 11) | HP 8/8 | Init +1 | Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +2 | Perception +0 | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed | Spells 1: 4/4

Juis perks up, "I have a spell called Spark that would be able to cause a grease fire. But I would probably need some kind of distraction to get close enough to spark the fire. I would need to get about 25' or less close to the grease to set it ablaze."

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps
Duncan Blackfeather wrote:
GM Emmjay wrote:
Okuru wrote:

[b] We are novices at this, it is no wonder we are not taken seriously but it isa learning experience [/ooc] notes the kituse.

Sorry, for some reason I wasn't able to log on to the site yesterday

Its not that..... Getting the owner to turn himself in won't close the Tavern and stop the meeting (there is the 2nd barkeep/cook), therefore the meeting will still take place. Its getting you guys to do something that will either 1. Close the Tavern down or 2. Spook the Agent(s) away...... All the interaction with the owner didn't do much, if anything, to further the plot.....
Duncan's interaction was useless? I thought the threat of the guards coming might spook him at least slightly, but there was no response to that?

No, I didn't say that. I said the interactions with the OWNER didn't do much. YOU got the agent spooked, but until something MORE happens to scare him away, he will tough it out. Remember, he is working with a foreign group and catching the traitor will be more important than a scare...

From what I have gathered when setting this up is that while the players have a lot of latitude when planning and executing their plan, there is two part to make their plan work. 1. Inform/convince/threaten (person or persons), 2. Act out based on that information. For example, you could have ignored everything completely and just started a fight with the intent of bringing in the guards to settle the fight. The fight itself wouldn't have spooked either agent, bringing in the guards to the tavern will to the point that they will leave - they don't want to be seen together and/or get caught up in the aftermath of the fight with the guards. So far the group has only done 1 part of the plan, in your case threats.

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps
Nylthe Shadowbound wrote:

This is a resilient business if the owner turning himself into the cops doesn't disrupt their morning :p.

My understanding of the plan was that we were mainly trying to create a huge stink that would either get the owner to close up for the day to make a run for it, or at least get the patrons concerned that they were about to be in the middle of a town watch raid, the latter of which Duncan seemed to be furthering with his intimidate check.

A grease fire would certainly be distracting, but is more destructive and uncontrolled than I would prefer. Still, if we must...

Getting the owner to leave, which is ALL you tried to do, ie turn himself in, wouldn't have solved anything. The place would have remained open, even if it would have been for an hour or two while he went and did so until the guard came to shut the place down (if the even would). By itself, it wouldn't have stopped the meeting. See my above post on how I read that the interaction(s) here are to go....

Dark Archive

Int +3, Low Light, HP 7 AC 13/13/10 Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2

A brawl might help

Dark Archive

Male LN Human (keleshite) Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Move. 30ft.
Skills:
Acrobatics +0, Bluff -2, Climb +2, Diplomacy -2, Disable Device +5, Intimidate -2, Knowledge (arcana, local, planes) +6, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +0, Survival +0, Swim +2, UMD +2

In my mind a brawl requires a large number of folks trashing the place. Maybe I have seen too many movies! I think the tavern has maybe 2-3 patrons, and us! So a brawl would end up really being us against the customers. We can do it if you want. That was the original plan, just may be harder to get a brawl going, and maybe it is just a fist fight.

The Exchange

Male Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 1 | AC 16 (T 14/FF 12) | CMB +3 CMD 17 (FF 13) | HP 11/11 | Init +6 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Perception +6 | 30' Speed |

Fair enough, Duncan intimating that the guards WILL arrive is not the same as them actually arriving. Guess we need Ebert to hurry up wit the guards, or make our own mess.

Sovereign Court

Male LN Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Iomedae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | CMB +2, CMD 12| F: +3, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Blessings: 3/3 | SLA: Light 1/1 | Re-Roll 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

Sorry didn't realize you were waiting on me :( thought others were trying alternatives.

Ebert rushes off to another group of guards out if ear shot from the others this time trying to choose his words wisely but running around in scale mail can be quite taxing so Ebert is panting as he speaks to the guards. "Hurry....hoo... some one.... haak... breaking.... law... harm... to others... wheez... at... oyster..." doubled over Ebert points towards the way he came.

Panting diplomacy/Lack of breath Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 1 | HP: 12/12| AC: 19( 11Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +2; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: none

Need to hop back in here myself. Sorta locked myself out of the setting.

Gahrod went in, Marianna notes as she stays keeping an eye out. I'm hoping that means that he's spotted something. In any case, I should keep watch. Maybe Ebert's got something too.

Just in case, I should have a back-up plan... Then with a faint smile, she ducks against the building and swiftly empties her belt pouch in her backpack, and slashes the bottom of it before returning to her 'post' hoping she can spot an agent before they enter.

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps
Ebert Shimmerblade wrote:

Sorry didn't realize you were waiting on me :( thought others were trying alternatives.

Ebert rushes off to another group of guards out if ear shot from the others this time trying to choose his words wisely but running around in scale mail can be quite taxing so Ebert is panting as he speaks to the guards. "Hurry....hoo... some one.... haak... breaking.... law... harm... to others... wheez... at... oyster..." doubled over Ebert points towards the way he came.

HA HA HA! Love it

"Slow down there my good man. What is this about oysters? Were you poisoned by bad ones? Catch your breath, if you can, and speak so we can understand what is happening!"

Dark Archive

Male Human Oracle of Lore 1 | AC 20 (T 13/FF 17) | CMB +1 CMD 12 (FF 11) | HP 8/8 | Init +1 | Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +2 | Perception +0 | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed | Spells 1: 4/4

Feeling time might be slipping away, Juis glances over to the kitchen and looks for a likely source away from the cooks/owner to set ablaze and focuses his Spark spell on it to cause a fire.

Dark Archive

Int +3, Low Light, HP 7 AC 13/13/10 Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2

Too bad sorcerers are so limited at first level, he could make a lot of trouble if he had one more spell, lol

Dark Archive

Male LN Human (keleshite) Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Move. 30ft.
Skills:
Acrobatics +0, Bluff -2, Climb +2, Diplomacy -2, Disable Device +5, Intimidate -2, Knowledge (arcana, local, planes) +6, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +0, Survival +0, Swim +2, UMD +2

Gahrod observes as the spark in the kitchen ignites.
He will let the fire gain in size, then will get ready to start shouting FIRE, and move towards the kitchen.

I need this thing to make a lot of smoke, but not too much damage. We do not want to kill anyone

Sovereign Court

Male LN Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Iomedae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | CMB +2, CMD 12| F: +3, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Blessings: 3/3 | SLA: Light 1/1 | Re-Roll 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

slowly catching his breath Ebert plops to the ground Whew i need to lay off the sweets. Single Rations and wine for a while. Looking up at the guards Really I need to explain myself again! This is getting crazy a man of my station shouldn't have to explain himself... let alone twice! getting mildly heated under the coif the man of the cloth bluntly states trying not to sound rude "Wheez... The Overflowing... hew... Oyster there is someone there admitting to selling to the black market and others that are selling, or will sell illegal drugs that are harming everyone and soon will harm everyone in the inner sea and beyond!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Ebert hopes this pair will actually listen These ingrates wouldn't even know a noble if they slapped them in the face!

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps
Gahrod al-Kazkashir wrote:

Gahrod observes as the spark in the kitchen ignites.

He will let the fire gain in size, then will get ready to start shouting FIRE, and move towards the kitchen.

I need this thing to make a lot of smoke, but not too much damage. We do not want to kill anyone

Faster than anyone could have predicted, the grease fire starts to blaze in earnest. While none of the few patrons have noticed it yet, it is only a matter of seconds before the fire becomes an inferno....

Dark Archive

Female Half-Elf Unchained Summoner 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 CMD 13 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +0 | Init +7 | Perc -2 | Sense Motive -2 | Summon Monsters 6/6 | Level 1 Spells 2/2

Hells. Nylthe quickly strides forward, crying out, Fire! Fire! Everyone out!

She steps into the kitchen to grab the salt. Water will only make things worse!

Dark Archive

Male Human Oracle of Lore 1 | AC 20 (T 13/FF 17) | CMB +1 CMD 12 (FF 11) | HP 8/8 | Init +1 | Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +2 | Perception +0 | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed | Spells 1: 4/4

Juis suddenly stands up from Nylthe's yelling of fire, knocking over his chair and the table he was sitting out.

He points at the fire and yells "FIRE!" just as he is casting Spark again at another location to start another fire.

He then starts to make his way to flee, "EVERYONE OUT!"

Very seldom use Spark but it really can be a useful 0-level spell.

The Exchange

Male Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 1 | AC 16 (T 14/FF 12) | CMB +3 CMD 17 (FF 13) | HP 11/11 | Init +6 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Perception +6 | 30' Speed |

Duncan works to makes sure as many patrons can get out safely, including the supposed spy. If the man leaves anything behind, Duncan will snatch it up for further examination. He does not leave until the Aspis (or Kortos) agent departs. Duncan watches him leave intently to see if he meets/speaks with anyone else.

51 to 100 of 110 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Long Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.