Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

The Long Campaign (Season 4 Scenarios)

Game Master Emmjay

MAPS AND HANDOUTS


1 to 50 of 101 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps

Once your character has been finalized, please dot and delete to "lock" in.

REMEMBER, START DATE: 12/04 So it gives you, the player, time to make sure your character is the way you want it.

ALSO Please click on the Long Campaign Maps link in my GM description (or click on the link at the top of the campaign screen) and fill out slides 1 and 2. I do this to make sure that you have access to the google sheet, and to make sure that you know basic manipulation of it.

Thanks!

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps

Slide 4

Water laps steadily at the pier as sailors, laborers, and merchants rush busily around Absalom’s port. The venture-captain’s summons called for a meeting aboard the Sixwing Drake, a sleek sailing ship. The Drake’s captain, a Varisian woman and fellow Pathfinder named Zarah Zendrani, stands at the helm of her vessel. “It’s not like Valsin to be late,” she mutters, furrowing her brow.

As if on cue, a tall and meticulously groomed man pushes his way through the crowd and up the gangplank, cursing audibly. “Whoever supervises this mess of a port needs to be dumped in the sea!” he grumbles.

The tall man looks around at those gathered before him. “Just the group I requested. Perfect. I’m Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin, and I took great care in selecting just the right Pathfinders for this assignment.” Valsin reaches into his belt pouch and withdraws a small, folded paper before continuing. “A few days ago, I received a curious note from a rather unexpected source. It’s not every day that I get a request from an agent of the Aspis Consortium.” Captain Zendrani’s eyes widen, and Valsin smiles knowingly. “But Magali Delroya does not appear to be your typical Aspis agent. As you surely know, the Aspis Consortium pursues a variety of activities across the Inner Sea that the Pathfinder Society finds abhorrent. It seems that Delroya has been working with them for some time, but can no longer stomach the snakes herself. She wants to stop a shipment of an experimental drug from leaving Diobel later this week. It’s bound for a number of locations across the Inner Sea region. According to Delroya, she can’t ask the local authorities for help, because the Aspis Consortium has already struck a deal with a faction of the Kortos Consortium, a powerful merchant collective. Her hands are tied, so she’s come to us for help. In this note, she outlines three different tasks that would help to disrupt the Aspis long enough for her to move the shipment to a secure location, out of the clutches of the consortium. Once you accomplish two of these tasks, she’s willing to meet with you, but not before.

“Normally, I wouldn’t trust an Aspis agent at any hour of the day. But our sources in Diobel have confirmed the Aspis and Kortos consortia’s activities. Everything checks out, so we are presented with a unique opportunity. If we help Delroya, we might not only strike a financial blow against the Aspis Consortium, but we could also reveal their dealings with the Kortos Consortium—and possibly prevent their arrangement from turning into a more formal alliance. Furthermore, we hope to stop this drug from spreading across the Inner Sea region, and if we—if all of you—do a good enough job, we might even convince Delroya to join the Society. A turncoat agent would be a valuable asset in our ongoing run-ins with the Aspis Consortium.

“Take some time to look over Delroya’s note and the tasks she has set for you. If you have any questions, now is the time to ask. Remember, the Aspis Consortium is a long-time enemy of the society, but the Kortos Consortium, while certainly suspicious, is not our enemy. It is a complex organization with many factions, and we should avoid antagonizing any of them, except when necessary to oppose the Aspis Consortium.”

SLIDES 5 and 6

Know(Local) DC 10:

There is no formal alliance between the Kortos Consortium and Aspis Consortium, and the two groups are likely working together in a limited capacity—at least for the time being.

Know(Local) DC 15:

Although the Aspis Consortium seems to have an agreement with part of the Kortos Consortium, neither group is centralized enough for such an arrangement to be very stable. Causing a major disruption in their operation would very likely sever ties between the two groups.

Know(Local) DC 20:

House Locosta, the faction allied with the Aspis Consortium, claims that its major interest is in Qadiran spices, but the family derives most of its profit from buying and selling Qadiran slaves.

Now would be the time to not only introduce yourselves, your background, and what ever else you think is important to tell the group. It is also the time to ask the Venture-Captain any questions.

Dark Archive

Male Human Oracle of Lore 1 | AC 20 (T 13/FF 17) | CMB +1 CMD 12 (FF 11) | HP 8/8 | Init +1 | Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +2 | Perception +0 | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed | Spells 1: 4/4

Knowledge (Local), untrained MAX DC10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Juis is a lean man with long platinum blond hair, wearing common scale mail while carrying a wooden shield. He has a light mace and a sling strapped to his belt. But what is very noticeable is his eyes are a cloudy white. He has a necklace with a wooden design of Irori's church hanging from his neck.

"Hmm... Kortos and Aspis Consortiums. I wonder if we can find a way to get them to turn against each other."

Juis turns to his fellow Pathfinders and greets them, "I am Juis Helfro, a scholar. I won't be much for combat, but I can hold my own if need be."

The Exchange

Male Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 1 | AC 16 (T 14/FF 12) | CMB +3 CMD 17 (FF 13) | HP 11/11 | Init +6 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Perception +6 | 30' Speed |

Duncan steps forward as Valsin mentions the Aspis Consortium, a gleam in his dark eyes. "I am Duncan Blackfeather, late of Nirmathas. My famil made their living in the woods, tracking, trapping, and hunting. At least until my family was killed by Aspis agents work for the Molthuni. If say Aspis is involved, I am in. No question."

The man has dark eyes and long dark hair. He has the sun-tanned and leathery face of a man who has spent long hours outdoors. His worn leathers show the same use, mended in several places with jagged patches poorly sewn. He shoulders a heavy longbow and carries a sword at his belt. A thick white scar runs down his face from below his eye to the corner of his mouth, marring what otherwise might be a handsome face.

"I have been investigating the Aspis a bit. I have heard there is a tentative agreement on Diobel with the Kortos consortium, but neither side trusts the other very much, and a disruption like what Valsin describes might sever the relationship entirely. If it hurts those snake bastards, then I am all for it!"

Know Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Dark Archive

Female Half-Elf Unchained Summoner 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 CMD 13 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +0 | Init +7 | Perc -2 | Sense Motive -2 | Summon Monsters 6/6 | Level 1 Spells 2/2

Some people are pale like ivory, cool and beautiful. Nylthe isn't quite so fortunate. Nylthe is pale like a corpse, except in the places where she's decidedly not.

Strange blemishes of shiny black skin seem to creep out from under her hairline, beneath the high collar of her dress, the gaps between her gloves and the hems of her sleeves. Her attire is almost funereally formal, even her chain corslet seems to be worn more as an accessory than battle-garb.

I am Nylthe Shadowbound, she gestures to the big coal black mastiff by her side, and this is Aconite.
You needn't concern yourself overmuch about my own early years. But I owe the Lady Dralneen quite a debt, and I have no intention of reneging, so for now I too am a hunter, of a sort.

Captain Valsin, her attention shifts suddenly and firmly, firstly, who,officially at least, commands the loyalties of the local guards? Secondly, are the Kortos aware of the depth of the Aspis's activities?

Sovereign Court

Male LN Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Iomedae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | CMB +2, CMD 12| F: +3, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Blessings: 3/3 | SLA: Light 1/1 | Re-Roll 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

A tall ble eyed man with dusty brown hair leans against the railing of the Sixwing Drake. He wears the vestments normally akin to a man of the cloth but from the scale mail he wears to the sword and shield affixed to his back you can tell he is also outfitted for war.

Listening to the Venture-Captain a small grin appears on his face. " Sounds like the perfect job Capitan. I may have been a shieldbearer in a pasty life but fear not everyone. I will have your back and you will have Iomedae's divine light." he stands straight and walks forward to join the gathered Pathfinders.

"Who are these Kortos people?"

If I can roll diplomacy instead of Knowledge local to gather info. Please let me know

Dark Archive

Int +3, Low Light, HP 7 AC 13/13/10 Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2

A young kitsune walks in the room and with a twinkle in his eye introduces himself Okuru is my name. he says with a bow.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human (keleshite) Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Move. 30ft.
Skills:
Acrobatics +0, Bluff -2, Climb +2, Diplomacy -2, Disable Device +5, Intimidate -2, Knowledge (arcana, local, planes) +6, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +0, Survival +0, Swim +2, UMD +2

A young man in his mid-twenties stands in the shadows, with shoulder-length sun-bleached hair and a full grown beard that retains its original dark brown color. He wears light, loose-fitting clothes adapted to the desert heat and sand, with fashions that feature heavily embroidered designs. A sash of deep blue and a golden yellow holds his outer shirt close, with a more utilitarian leather bandolier fastened across his chest. As he moves into the light a youthful gleam in his golden-green eyes contrast sharply with deep age lines, indicting years of squinting in the harsh sun and desert winds despite the dark blue tattoos beneath his eyes to ward off the sun's harsh glare.

He listens intently to the details of the mission shared by Venture-Captain Valsin, and he then reads the letter with interest, before passing it on to the next companion in the room.

"I am Gahrod al-Kazkashir of Qadira... I am a student of alchemy, dabbler in the arcane arts, philosophy and have a keen eye for interrelationships and humanoid behavior. I am at your service Venture-Captain Valsin, and will be a trusted companion to you my fellow Pathfinder agents."
Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1

Despite his friendly words, his manner and tone is haughty and arrogant, conveying little emotion and warmth.

Kn. Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

"I agree with you Duncan, the alliance between Aspis and Kortos consortiums is fragile and our actions can destabilize the fledgling compact. We need to take advantage of this.

My skills and competencies lean more towards disrupting the agents meeting (option 1) and discovering the secrets of the drug whip (option 3). However I will assist in any way possible to the tasks the group decides to pursue."

Sovereign Court

Male LN Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Iomedae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | CMB +2, CMD 12| F: +3, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Blessings: 3/3 | SLA: Light 1/1 | Re-Roll 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

Accepting the letters from Gahrod, Ebert reads through, his face showing anger as he finishes the first.

"I knew the Aspis rats were evil but I didn't knife they were this evil. How dare they test this 'whip' on the meek! My services are at your disposal Captain." The warpriest calms Iomedae guide my hand in this endeavor.

Ebert turns to the group addressing them, "With these tasks that Magali Delroya has lined up I am not the best when it comes to operating from the shadows. But I believe Iomedae gifted me not only with a silvered blade but a tongue to match that could prove useful in causing a distraction." Ebert thinks for a moment. " The owner of the Overflowing Oyster that is involved in black market dealings could provide a good distraction."

"Can we trust this Magali Delroya Captain?"

Dark Archive

Male Human Oracle of Lore 1 | AC 20 (T 13/FF 17) | CMB +1 CMD 12 (FF 11) | HP 8/8 | Init +1 | Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +2 | Perception +0 | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed | Spells 1: 4/4

"I agree with Gahrod here. The first task and third task seems the best choices. First task will allow us to sow dissention between the two groups while the third task will allow us to possibly get the recipe for the drug which can be used to create a treatment."

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 1 | HP: 12/12| AC: 19( 11Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +2; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: none

Know(Local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

"I agree, as well," finally speaks up the last member of the group from her seat on the Sixwing Drake, as she swiftly looks over the papers. A woman in her mid-twenties, she seems tall and somewhat muscular, openly wearing a slightly battered set of scale mail, with a well-worn heavy steel shield and longsword nearby. Layered over the armor is a red cloak which has seen better days. But the thing about her that catches one's eyes is her face. All along the left side of her face and forehead is a mass of scars with almost surgical precision to be marring, but not impeding: several slashes cross over her eye socket without touching the eye, a couple puckered lines leave some indentations on her nose, and even a few cuts under the jawbone pulled upward come close to her mouth, but never intersect her lips. The short, pixie cut red hair, bright blue eyes, and calm facial expression seems almost an afterthought, to whatever torture caused that much facial scarring.

"Marianna Nicos, originally from Korvosa," she adds, with little preamble as she stands and resecures her scabbard on her belt, and oblong shield on her back. "It seems to me that the second task would involve a level of stealth that I know I'm not prepared for, and I'm willing to assume that I'm not the only one."

She turns to look at Venture-Captian Valsin. "Besides the Kortos Consortium, are there any other diplomatically powerful people or groups that we should know about? "

Dark Archive

Male LN Human (keleshite) Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Move. 30ft.
Skills:
Acrobatics +0, Bluff -2, Climb +2, Diplomacy -2, Disable Device +5, Intimidate -2, Knowledge (arcana, local, planes) +6, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +0, Survival +0, Swim +2, UMD +2

Inspiration: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Forgot to add the free Inspiration on the Knowledge Local check. That makes it 20

”I have heard of House Locosta. They operate in my homeland Qadira, and claim to be spice merchants, however they trade in slaves.”. He spits overboard as he says the word, ”Both of these groups deserve what is coming to them. Venture-Captain, are you sure we should not antagonize the Kortos Consortium? If House Locosta deal with slaves, should we not try and hamper their operations as well if presented the opportunity?”

The Exchange

Male Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 1 | AC 16 (T 14/FF 12) | CMB +3 CMD 17 (FF 13) | HP 11/11 | Init +6 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Perception +6 | 30' Speed |

Duncan nods to each of the other gathered Pathfinders as they speak in turn. "It seems we have the makings of a plan. Is there any more we need to know before we depart for Diobel? Are we to sail there on this ship?"

Dark Archive

Int +3, Low Light, HP 7 AC 13/13/10 Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2

Creating confusion? Sowing suspicion. Well that is something I might have a knack for he says with a giggle

Laugh

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps
Ebert Shimmerblade wrote:


"Can we trust this Magali Delroya Captain?"

"I met Magali several years ago,when she was barely a grown woman. It must have been just before she joined the Aspis Consortium. She’s a wanderer, never comfortable in one place for long. I saw great potential in her as a Pathfinder, but she always preferred to work alone and felt that the society was a poor fit. Had I known that she would wind up with the Aspis Consortium, I would have put more effort into recruiting her."

Captain Zendrani and the crew of the sleek Sixwing Drake steer the ship up to the massive barrier of broken war-barges, crumbling walls, and jetties of iron and wood that protect the port of Diobel. “Well, here we are,” says the captain. “I’ll make sure everything is in order with Diobel’s inspectors and charter you a barge to the port. You aren’t carrying anything particularly valuable, so you shouldn’t draw much attention from the inspectors or pilots, so long as you don’t run your mouth. My crew and I will wait here with the ship. You can return here to rest, if you need to, but remember—there isn’t much time!”

SLIDE 7 - Task 1 Meeting Between Agents at the Overflowing Oyster

The Overflowing Oyster is a dirty, broken-looking building that barely fits between the fishing tackle shop to its north and the junk shop to its south. Hanging over the door is a creaky sign that shows a painted oyster with pearls spilling from its gaping shell.

The interior of the Overflowing Oyster displays a mix of rickety furniture and gaudy decorations, from strands of obviously fake pearls hanging over the kitchen’s entrance to wooden carvings of sultry mermaids and cheap paintings of ships at sea.

You have time on your way there (and on the boatride down) to formulate a plan. You will arrive a little before noon when the two agents are planning on meeting there.

Dark Archive

Int +3, Low Light, HP 7 AC 13/13/10 Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2

I don't think that being foxy would be so wise he says as he takes the form of a young, good looking Tian man.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human (keleshite) Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Move. 30ft.
Skills:
Acrobatics +0, Bluff -2, Climb +2, Diplomacy -2, Disable Device +5, Intimidate -2, Knowledge (arcana, local, planes) +6, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +0, Survival +0, Swim +2, UMD +2

On the way to Diobel...

Gahrod starts the planning conversation:

"So we need to first identify the Aspis and Kortos agents. How do we do this? I guess the easiest but also most unreliable method is to be eavesdropping on all the conversations happening around the Overflowing Oyster. Not sure I like that plan much. Other suggestions?

How do we use the information that the owner of the Oyster is involved in the crafting and selling of fake pearls? Is it possible to stick the local Guard on the Overflowing Oyster and have them close the place down? That would disrupt the meeting, but may also just delay it."

Sovereign Court

Male LN Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Iomedae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | CMB +2, CMD 12| F: +3, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Blessings: 3/3 | SLA: Light 1/1 | Re-Roll 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

"I believe with Gahrod here, listening may be our best approach maybe along the same lines possibly assessing who may appear out of place in the Oyster, aside from ourselves of course." Ebert laughs at his own joking.

"Joking aside I believe we should possibly get a read with local guards on how they would handle someone who is committing the crime of forgery."

Dark Archive

Male Human Oracle of Lore 1 | AC 20 (T 13/FF 17) | CMB +1 CMD 12 (FF 11) | HP 8/8 | Init +1 | Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +2 | Perception +0 | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed | Spells 1: 4/4

"Hmm... how about a brawl. We come up separately in two groups, act like we don't know each other. Then when the Aspis and Kortos groups show up, we pick a fight with each other. While pretending to fight each other, we involve as many patrons in the tavern into the brawl until everyone is fighting everyone. Then we slip out and move on to our next task. That would definitely break up the meeting. Especially if we could get Apsis and Kortos fighting each other."

Dark Archive

Int +3, Low Light, HP 7 AC 13/13/10 Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2

I have a way of making people my friends, that might be helpful? he says.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human (keleshite) Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Move. 30ft.
Skills:
Acrobatics +0, Bluff -2, Climb +2, Diplomacy -2, Disable Device +5, Intimidate -2, Knowledge (arcana, local, planes) +6, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +0, Survival +0, Swim +2, UMD +2

"So the plan is for us to spread out along the bar, and identify the agents through eavesdropping of their conversation. Then trigger a brawl, and somehow get the agents to fight each other? Do we want to start the brawl using the fake pearls as a hook? We can accuse the tavern owner of selling us fake pearls, initiate the fight, and then pull the rest of the patrons in. That gives a credible reason for the fight. It is always best to use as much truth in the lies one tells..."

I suggest the characters with high Perception = Duncan, Marianna, Gahrod and Ebert start out in the tavern: alert and eavesdropping on patrons conversations. Then once we identify the agents, we signal for the rest of the group to storm in and accuse the Bartender of selling fake pearls. As the fight starts those in the bar pretend to be supporters of the bartender or the accusers and start bashing into one or the other agent. How do we signal for the "accusers" to storm in? A familiar?"

Dark Archive

Female Half-Elf Unchained Summoner 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 CMD 13 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +0 | Init +7 | Perc -2 | Sense Motive -2 | Summon Monsters 6/6 | Level 1 Spells 2/2

We might sow further distrust if our second party masquerade as Aspis agents - show them to be violent and untrustworthy.

The Exchange

Male Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 1 | AC 16 (T 14/FF 12) | CMB +3 CMD 17 (FF 13) | HP 11/11 | Init +6 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Perception +6 | 30' Speed |

Duncan nods along with the plan so far. "We're not supposed to kill the agents, and we don't have to detain them, just keep them from meeting. Causing enough of a ruckus that the constables have to arrive to keep peace ought to achieve that end, if it can be timed right...and none of us end up in custody..."

Sovereign Court

Male LN Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Iomedae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | CMB +2, CMD 12| F: +3, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Blessings: 3/3 | SLA: Light 1/1 | Re-Roll 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

"It does sound like a solid plan to be using i do have some concerns, Would causing the brawl in and of it self end up causing harm to the patrons? Possible stopping the mission we have been given before we can really do good with it. Much like Duncan states, what would happen if we were taken into custody?" Ebert puts is hand to his chin thinking to himself Inheritor is this the best course of action? Is there another way I can accomplish this mission with out causing undo harm to those who could be innocent in the tavern?
"I will keep a weary ear to the comings and goings of the Tavern goers."

I like it! Sounds like a solid plan but with most of the group being Lawful (5/7) I hope there are no repercussions from this.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human (keleshite) Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Move. 30ft.
Skills:
Acrobatics +0, Bluff -2, Climb +2, Diplomacy -2, Disable Device +5, Intimidate -2, Knowledge (arcana, local, planes) +6, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +0, Survival +0, Swim +2, UMD +2
Nylthe Shadowbound wrote:
We might sow further distrust if our second party masquerade as Aspis agents - show them to be violent and untrustworthy.

”I would be cautious of trying to masquerade as Aspis agents. If the real Aspis agent does not recognize us he will know there is something wrong, even if we persuade the Kortos agent. It would be better to point to the Aspis agent saying, ‘You told me I could trust this man... I trusted you and your friends!’, hinting that the Aspis Consortium are not trustworthy or at best fools for not knowing about the fake pearls.”

”I am concerned with getting caught by the authorities, but as we would be accusing the owner of illegal activities he really is involved in, he will not call on local law enforcement right away. We however should have someone outside alert for the Guard, and ready to distract them or at least give the rest warning.”

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps

Plan all you want, tomorrow evening whatever you plan goes off..... IE no rush.....

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 1 | HP: 12/12| AC: 19( 11Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +2; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: none

Marianna re-reads the note of the job that they need to preform, wrapping her head around the chore. "You know, we only have to delay the meeting by one day. The shipment that we're disrupting is the next day,"She finally says. "If we just shut the place down for the day, that's all the distraction we need to perform. Blackmail the owner, trick him into a wild goose chase for a sale, actually turn him in for forgery work, stink bomb the place, even a bribe to stay closed, anything that shuts him down for a day, no, even a half-day would work. After all, we know when the meeting will happen, for the bar isn't open then, then they can't meet. I worry that a brawl would either get us arrested or hurt when we don't need to be."

Sovereign Court

Male LN Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Iomedae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | CMB +2, CMD 12| F: +3, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Blessings: 3/3 | SLA: Light 1/1 | Re-Roll 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

"I like your thinking, Marianna was it. I like her plan. Ebert points to the cavalier.

"So what do ya say? Shut the place down rather than a bar room row?"

Dark Archive

Female Half-Elf Unchained Summoner 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 CMD 13 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +0 | Init +7 | Perc -2 | Sense Motive -2 | Summon Monsters 6/6 | Level 1 Spells 2/2

Hmm... It lacks the benefit of giving reason for Kortos and Aspis to mistrust one another, but it should be simple enough to put an appropriate scare to a bartender who has plenty to hide.

Dark Archive

Male Human Oracle of Lore 1 | AC 20 (T 13/FF 17) | CMB +1 CMD 12 (FF 11) | HP 8/8 | Init +1 | Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +2 | Perception +0 | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed | Spells 1: 4/4

Juis nods, "Shutting the place down will work. Though I agree with Nylthe, it lacks the distrust we could infest within the two groups."

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps
Nylthe Shadowbound wrote:
Hmm... It lacks the benefit of giving reason for Kortos and Aspis to mistrust one another, but it should be simple enough to put an appropriate scare to a bartender who has plenty to hide.

If that is the plan for what the group decides to do, go ahead and approach either of the bartenders and start the conversation. Bluff, Intimidate, and Diplomacy will all work well here, or a combination of them.

Dark Archive

Int +3, Low Light, HP 7 AC 13/13/10 Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2

He could always try to charm the bartender perhaps?

Dark Archive

Male LN Human (keleshite) Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Move. 30ft.
Skills:
Acrobatics +0, Bluff -2, Climb +2, Diplomacy -2, Disable Device +5, Intimidate -2, Knowledge (arcana, local, planes) +6, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +0, Survival +0, Swim +2, UMD +2

”It is the safer route. I think we should still try and figure out who are the Aspis and Kortos agents. I am not good at persuading others to follow a particular course.”

Sovereign Court

Male LN Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Iomedae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | CMB +2, CMD 12| F: +3, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Blessings: 3/3 | SLA: Light 1/1 | Re-Roll 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

"I believe I can have a way with words with the proprietor of this establishment." Ebert states confidently outside of the Bar "I will find out who the owner is first and converse with him for a few while the others of our battalion.. er group are able discern who the Aspis and Krotos Agents are." With this Ebert walks into the Overflowing Oyster exuding confidence with a hint of a nobility. Some might see headstrong others may think he just has his head where the sun doesn't shine.

Diplomacy (Take 10): 10 + 7 = 17
"Hail! How are you on this fine day good sir?" continuing after the exchange of pleasantries with the person behind the bar. "Now I was wondering if you might be the owner of this fine establishment, or if you are not might you be able to point me to the one who owns this fantastic hall." Ebert stands waiting for a response.

Dark Archive

Male Human Oracle of Lore 1 | AC 20 (T 13/FF 17) | CMB +1 CMD 12 (FF 11) | HP 8/8 | Init +1 | Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +2 | Perception +0 | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed | Spells 1: 4/4

After waiting a little while as Ebert enters the tavern, Juis then enters and takes a seat while ordering a mug of ale. He pretends to sip the ale while he watches for the Aspis and Krotos agents.

He sits near the entrance to be able to see those that enter and to provide a fast escape if needed.

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2 Reminder: Can only see for 30' but with that roll, he probably wouldn't notice an elephant walking in.

Sovereign Court

Male LN Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Iomedae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | CMB +2, CMD 12| F: +3, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Blessings: 3/3 | SLA: Light 1/1 | Re-Roll 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

That pint of ale must be fantastic or just that bad, Heh Juis

Dark Archive

Int +3, Low Light, HP 7 AC 13/13/10 Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2

The kitsune, in human form enters and takes a seat at the bar inquiring of the tender of bars if he has tea for sale.

Dark Archive

Female Half-Elf Unchained Summoner 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 CMD 13 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +0 | Init +7 | Perc -2 | Sense Motive -2 | Summon Monsters 6/6 | Level 1 Spells 2/2

Nylthe follows in Ebert's wake, locking her eyes on the hapless barman. You should listen closely to my friend here. You may be in a great deal of trouble, and he is your only way out.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Dark Archive

Male LN Human (keleshite) Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Move. 30ft.
Skills:
Acrobatics +0, Bluff -2, Climb +2, Diplomacy -2, Disable Device +5, Intimidate -2, Knowledge (arcana, local, planes) +6, Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +0, Survival +0, Swim +2, UMD +2

Gahrod will stay outside watching the entrance to the bar from across the street. He is alert for anyone who looks nervous or suspicious heading into the Oyster.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 1 | HP: 12/12| AC: 19( 11Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +2; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: none

Marianna stays with Gahrod on lookout. She's far too easy to remember if questions come up. So keeping an eye out is likely a wise move for her.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps

Sorry guys, got talked into a double at work, will have something posted in the morning.

Sovereign Court

Male LN Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Iomedae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | CMB +2, CMD 12| F: +3, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Blessings: 3/3 | SLA: Light 1/1 | Re-Roll 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

No worries Emmjay

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps

Marianna, Gahrod, please place yourselves on the map SLIDE 7 outside the tavern, where you want to be observing from. Everyone else who hasn't put their token on the map, do so now, please.

Okuru - You still need to fill out slides 1 and 2, please.

You all arrive a good hour before the noon meetup and take your positions in the inn.

Contrary to its name, the dirty tavern is hardly crowded, even during its “busy” hours: at meal times, several local laborers hunch over cheap food and casual games of chance, cursing and muttering to the same old friends about the same old troubles. The proprietor and barkeep, Paltus Flynter, asks the regulars to call him “Pal” and is always willing to lend an ear. Aside from Pal’s mute younger brother, Gregon, who tends the kitchens, the Oyster has no additional staff. The fake pearls abundantly decorating the tavern are clearly, obviously, fakes.

Ebert, along with Nylthe walk up to the first barman that they see, who is wiping down the counter with a very dirty rag. He cocks his head and points to the other barman. You go over to him and ask the same question.

"Hi, guys, I am the owner of this fine establishment. Call me "Pal" please. Have a look around, we aren't very formal around here. What do you want to drink?"

You will need to redo your diplomacy and/or intimidate checks, sense motive would also aid here. Anyone else who is just inside (or outside) observing for the agents, go ahead and give me 3 PERCEPTION checks (1 for every couple of minutes of observation).

Dark Archive

Male Human Oracle of Lore 1 | AC 20 (T 13/FF 17) | CMB +1 CMD 12 (FF 11) | HP 8/8 | Init +1 | Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +2 | Perception +0 | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed | Spells 1: 4/4

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Juis sits at his table, just pretending to mind his own business.

Sovereign Court

Male LN Human (Varisian) Warpriest of Iomedae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | CMB +2, CMD 12| F: +3, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Blessings: 3/3 | SLA: Light 1/1 | Re-Roll 0/1 | Active conditions: None.

With the First Bar Man
Ebert palms his face with the lake of subtlety Nylthe has, sudden Realization sets in Oh I see. The old good guard sergeant, bad guard sergeant routine. Smiling at Nylthe, Ebert says to the mute bartender. "Thank you sir for the direction." Nodding to the man as if tipping a hat Ebert walks to the proprietor of this establishment.

"Greetings Pal I'd love a good Varisian Vodka if you happen to have some." Ebert accepts his drink of request or if Paltus does not have that particular brand he ask for a suitable replacement.
"The names Ebert and I was wondering if you had a chance to talk." More statement than question Ebert doesn't allow the man to answer, the Warpriest continues with his hands on his drink not making any movements that could be misconstrued as aggressive. "You see I wanted to speak with you about these wondrous pearls you have here." gesturing to the apparent fakes decorating every inch of the building. "The word has gotten out about your dealings in the black market with the sale of these being true pearls. I know you first action is to deny this accusation, but the credibility of this information has been vouched for by a highly respected individual that has built his reputation on being honest, sometimes rather brutally so, and if he says we can trust this information that it is akin to the truth of the Inheritor's ascension to godhood." Pausing for a dramatic affect Ebert stares into the mans eyes looking for any read on Paltus as to the validity of what he says.
Sense Motive - Paltus: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

"So cutting down to the marrow of it all here Paltus, it looks like you have a problem that must be rectified. I will be the first to state redemption from your transgressions is possible. I would recommend your first step in this would be to close up your establishment here so you can set your affairs in order. Next you would want to cut your business ties to the Black Market, including the further sale of these fakes. You can guess a man of the cloth much as my self trying to use one of Your fakes in the process of bringing healing to others failing at the worst of times would be bad." Ebert puts special emphasis on this last part.

"Lastly turning yourself into the authorities on your own terms and offer up whatever information you have on those within the Black Market you have been working with so travesties such as these can be halted or at least diminished in the future."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Hoping for some RP bonus here or maybe some assists?

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps

"You little whelp. I ought to have you horsewhipped for insinuating such things. You come here, march up to me, tell me falsehoods of things that I am doing, and then tell me to turn myself in???? How dumb do you think I am? Finish your drink and get out of here."

While you can clearly tell that he is lying, or at least not telling the full truth, he is right, without proof, or something more, what can you do but accuse him?

Dark Archive

Int +3, Low Light, HP 7 AC 13/13/10 Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2

Seeing that the man is angry the kitsune begins to hum a little song in his native language and weaves his magic in order to try to charm him.

DC 17 will

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps

Will Save dc17: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

He feels momentarily funny, but it passes quickly.

Dark Archive

Int +3, Low Light, HP 7 AC 13/13/10 Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2

:(

1 to 50 of 101 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Long Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.