Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Legacy of Marianasu - DM Downrightamazed

Game Master downrightamazed

The great captain Korius Merit, of the Paladine of Izmir, summons a group of warriors of the air to retrieve twelve evil artifacts; the legendary Abominations of the long-dead archmage Marianasu.


3,701 to 3,727 of 3,727 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>

Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Initiative order is:
Belsarious: 26
Azami: 22
Livain: 21
Kyras: 18
Mai: 15
Aylaeth: 8
Damian: 8

DC15 Perception, Kyras and Azami ONLY:
You take just a couple steps outside into the back alley of the building, but notice that three of the strange flying people from the confrontation around the Magnifying Glass are in the sky directly above, clearly looking for something.

Belsarious is up! Bel, I know you're flying, what are you doing, precisely?


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

After taking flight I tried to track the abomination as I have done in the past and hope that I would find Kyras and "reason" with him some more.

If I find him and were within 30 I would be attempting to hex him with the misfortune hex.


Belsarious is not able to locate Kyras yet, but keeps his sharp eyes open.

Azami is up.


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

Initiative 22. How far are they from that flophouse? Azami doesn't realise anyone is above, so she's looking to get out of sight. So side alley further away from the art gallery they exited, with the intention to duck into another building.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Knowing that the guard will likely follow them into the alley, Azami focuses on finding a side alley or another building they can duck into and evade them. They aren't far from the route she knows to leave the city; it's just a matter of getting there.

She glances back at Kyras and gestures towards a side alley before turning into it, slowing to keep at his side; they'll need to be close for what she has planned.


Female Silastrix Archer 11 - HP 93 AC 24, T 16, Flat 18 - F+7 R+8 W+ 4 Init +8; Senses: Darkvision Low-Light Vision)

Can we see them or do we need to roll?
Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28


To help Isaac out, Azami is gonna hold until his turn, then the two of them will head out together. This puts our initiative order like so:
Belsarious: 26
Livain: 21
Azami: (18)
Kyras: 18
Mai: 15
Aylaeth: 8
Damian: 8


Livain and Belsarious: if you two are holding your actions, please say so, otherwise I am going to assume you're just doing nothing on your turn. Since this is PvP I want to be super vigilant against "casual actions", like "oh, yeah, I totally would have done [some thing], I just didn't mention it."


@Azami and @Kyras: the two of you step cautiously out into the alley. You are, unfortunately, in the wealthy Art District. The nearest possible safe zones are the City Houses of Clan Sera and Clan Shoto, the door to either of which lies about 130' away.

Kyras' Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

"Don't look now, Red, but it seems we're having our own little state dinner, complete with unwanted guests." The Warbanian gives a wry grin and jerks his head in a quick half-nod upward, where Azami sees a pair of tall, slim winged people (elves?) and the dark-skinned wood elf with the strange speech patterns from before, at the confrontation around the magnifying glass. It looks like at least two of them have caught site of Azami and Kyras.

Mai is up.


@Mai, @Livain, @Belsarious:
You can see them as they duck into an alley and undercover. They have full cover and concealment due to the close roofs of the shops, you will have to land to get a shot at them, or confront them. They are 100' away on a diagonal, so make Fly checks as appropriate.


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

Upon spotting them Maiathreen casts a spell increasing Livain and his speed And Belsarious if I can see and reach him with haste. Also no fly check required for flying down. .

When Maiathreen closes in on the two he pulls Servais from his sheath. A flash of light follows and the pair feel a gust of wind just above their heads. "That was just a warning the next cut takes your heads! I suggest you stop running!"

Casting haste moving 80ft then spending one point from my Arcane Pool to use Arcane Battoujutsu. Extending my reach to 30 feet for one attack no attack and damage roll needed as I'm purposely missing.

Livain wasn't holding she wanted to know if we could see them but she is just goog to hold for mine and haste


Female Silastrix Archer 11 - HP 93 AC 24, T 16, Flat 18 - F+7 R+8 W+ 4 Init +8; Senses: Darkvision Low-Light Vision)

Feeling Maiathreen's magic flow through her body she quickly follows him her bow at the ready an earsplitter arrow nocked and ready.

Ready action to fire at them if the act aggressively if fired Dc 15 fort or sickened andSonic Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

Since Kyras was able to sense Damian & Aylaeth with his 30' blindsense I'm assuming that they were no father then that away from the pair when he warned Azami of them. With that in mind, is it then safe to assume that we would be able to see them exiting the back just as we come in the front?


You wouldn't have seen them with the way the shop is set up, but it's a safe bet you'd hear Maiathreen yelling his warning.


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

Assuming the no need of a fly check is correct as posted by Maithreen

Belsarious seeing more than one target, and the arrival of others he knows is heartened and still attempts to open with a misfortune hex upon Kyras.

"Tha hands o fate be planted upon yer neck!"

Will save DC 20 or roll twice for everything and take the worst result....


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

Hearing Maiathreen's warning, Aylaeth shouts over her shoulder "Captain! Through here! They must have gone out the back!" as she continues to chase after their quarry.

FRA: Double move out through the back of the shop into the alley. Pretty safe to assume Damian is following, methinks


Male Half-elf Dragon Disciple 11

Will save (DC 17) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Kyras feels a tightness on his chest. He snarls and lets his tremendous wrath take hold. He takes a deep breath and looks up with fire burning in his eyes and in his hands. "That weird elf..." His anger is palpable at their brazen assault on his person, having apparently stalked him and Azami after backing down earlier. "I'm killing him first. Hope he likes it warm," he spits.

Hex's DC is 10+INT+1/2 witch level. Belsarious has 5 levels of witch, so the DC is 17. It isn't based on caster level or character level, but rather class level. There is a difference. A prestige class like Winter Witch that has the Hex feature increases it, but EK has no such ability.


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

"Warmth will be forgotten in death!"

"Deceiver! I hear not yer lies!.....your friend is not here to take mah mind!"

Belsarious calls forth the void.......


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

Assuming from above post by Mai that Livain is holding to Mai's initiative now too
Round 2?, Initiative 18.
Action: IF Kyras listens to her, double move running towards Clan Sera. If not, I will post again with her action (since they are on the same initiative.)

"Who ARE these people? What is he talking about?" she growls, finally realizing that there appear to be no guards, only the Westerner from before with more troops - is he some insane religious leader? "Come - we don't have time for them. Killing them, while satisfying, will only draw the guard or the police, or worse." It's not usually her way to evade a battle, but they are outnumbered and already wounded, her joints still stiff from the heavy healing required just to survive below the city.

Her hand locks on his wrist, just inches from the fire dancing in his palms, pointing with the other hand. "There. The Sera. Let's go."


Female Human Samurai 11, HP: 84/128, 3/4 Resolve, 1/4 challenges

Kyras grits his teeth and heeds Azami, both of them breaking out into a full run towards the doorstep of Clan Sera.

Azami and Kyras ran, 120', and are 10' from the door of a powerful Empire household. This makes Bel 160' from them (40+120), Mai and Livain are 140' away, and I have no idea how far away Damian and Aylaeth are, but since they are running (I assume), they probably can get pretty far. I believe Livain and Mai are up.


Male Half-elf Dragon Disciple 11

Round 2, Initiative 18
hp 90/137; AC 19/10T/19FF; +13F/+7R/+8W

FRA: Run

Kyras desperately wishes to release flames on his pursuers, but knows that Azami is right. It would likely make matters worse; not only would he waste precious time surging the fire out of magical energy, but he wouldn't be focused enough to run as fast as he can. She directs him to the door of House Sera, tugging on his wrist as she starts to run. He takes one last look upward through the narrow alleyway at the flying pursuers. He sees two more come out of the back door of the store; one is a white-haired, petite young woman, while the other a stern-looking older soldier. He is a blur, taking advantage of his long stride. He quickly overtakes Azami, and smashes at full speed into the door with a titanic crash. "Better than knocking," he says in a daze as he turns around. He holds his hands up, scanning the sky for the newest group of people trying to kill and/or kidnap him.

Kyras has a 40' move speed.


Male Human Battle Herald 11

Round 2, Initiative 8
hp 98/98; AC 20/10T/20FF; +13R/+10R/+11W

FRA: Run 120'

"Don't let him escape!" Damian's clarion voice carries through the narrow alleyways up to the others flying in the air above him and Aylaeth. "Don't wait for me!" He and Aylaeth ignore everything in the shop, barely catching a glimpse of the tall mercenary and his red-haired protector as they make it out of the back. He bursts out of the back door, seeing Kyras running away through the narrow alley. He sets his body into a full run, thankful that he is wearing light armor, and gives chase.


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

Round 2, Init 8+
AC 23, HP 72
Buffs: (none)
Special: Electricity Resistance 10, Acid Resistance 20
Arcane Pool: 10/11
Spells: Lv1:7/7, Lvl2:7/7, Lvl3: 4/4 Lvl4: 3/4

Ada'an
AC 20 HP 36/36; Buffs: (none)
Special: DR 5/cold iron or evil; Immune acid, cold, petrification;
Resist electricity 10, fire 10
Improved Evasion

Knowing they were unlikely to catch the crimminals by simply chasing them, the Sylph Magus calls upon her arcane might and knowledge and divides space and time before her. Grabbing on to the shoulder of Damian, she barely time to yell "Captain! This way!" before dragging him through the portal. To the great surprise of their prey, the two Skyknights appear directly beside them.

SA: Cast Dimension Door

Aylaeth cannot act further this round but Damian still has his full turn available to him


Female Silastrix Archer 11 - HP 93 AC 24, T 16, Flat 18 - F+7 R+8 W+ 4 Init +8; Senses: Darkvision Low-Light Vision)

Livain seeing the reported murder Kyras about to escape fits a second arrow to her bow and unleashes a hail of arrows each one sending a horrifying shriek through the air.

5 ear splitter arrows DC 15 fort or 1d8 sonic damage and nauseated I'll let the two of to roll your own saves
1d8 ⇒ 41d8 ⇒ 31d8 ⇒ 71d8 ⇒ 21d8 ⇒ 8

Shadow Lodge

bump


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

Belsarious also had seen the criminal who had the abomination, crackling with dark energy of the void Belsarious casts teleport, winking out of existence from far away and re-apperaing next to Kyras as he stood in front of the door.....


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

Bump

3,701 to 3,727 of 3,727 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Legacy of Marianasu - DM Downrightamazed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.