Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Legacy of Marianasu - DM Downrightamazed

Game Master downrightamazed

The great captain Korius Merit, of the Paladine of Izmir, summons a group of warriors of the air to retrieve twelve evil artifacts; the legendary Abominations of the long-dead archmage Marianasu.


3,051 to 3,100 of 3,728 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>

Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

@Lin
"Tis similar then tha bond changes over time an experience, tha familiar gains intellect an can deliver spells by touch, tha thoughts over tha bond were more emotions at first though speech came later to tha familiar. Does sound similar in some respects."


Female Elf (Tuathan) Druid 1, Ranger 2, Sorceror 12

Minaethiel peers at Min oddly. "Dark....fountains? You mean, akin to a fountain in a city? What do you know of them?" Could Min mean...the same fountain she fell through in Varna?


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Min regards the change in Mina's gaze, sensing he had said something wrong or incorrectly, before clearing his throat and answering as best he could. "Not much really, only that if we fall into one Kalaroth could invade the bond again and try to use Lin as some sort of Median for his forces..." I'd kill him first... "The Bishop spoke of them existing in certain cities like... Mamban, Huarun (H'arun), Stormfare or... Varna? I believe. I don't know what it looks like or what they do other then the warning of Kalaroths influence returning and the fact that they don't fully exist in our world. He told me to destroy whatever artifacts of Kalaroths we find as well..."

He paused, somewhat nervous to ask and taking a moment to work up the courage. "Do you know anything about the Lionhearts? I'm also looking for an individual by the name of Tanner Stormblade who is connected to the Lionhearts, have you heard anything of him?"

I am heading to bed, woo night shift. DMNPC me if needed. Sorry! :)


Female Elf (Tuathan) Druid 1, Ranger 2, Sorceror 12

Here goes what I recall without my notes. May have to add more later.

"I don't know much about the Lionhearts beyond those I have met. I believe we have one traveling with us now - well, in our plane, with Bardas - where we were preparing our assault on the Black Dragonflight army surrounding Hoppsville before the two of us arrived here."

"Invade the bond...again?" Although her question seems pointed at Min and Lin's bond, she wonders if her LeyLament bond having been severed before she fell into the fountain of Varna might have saved Tuatha from the influence of Kalaroth as well, and perhaps even Ketephys. She could still remember those red eyes burning into her, as though the dragon lived inside her head, giving a small shudder as she sweeps the memory aside.

Minaethiel glances towards Nurianna, then back to Min. "Mamban has a fountain, but I did not go into it. But in Varna, I was lead to a fountain just as I had been in Mamban - by a homonculus. The Fountain is not something that that invites being found as much as it invites you to find it--if that makes any sense at all.

"While in a tavern in Varna, outside of my window, I saw that little homunculous flapping by - within a moment I was out of my seat and heading to follow it. I cast invisibility upon myself to aid my travels, since the city was teeming with red dragonflight soldiers. We began to head northwards --I heard a strange sucking sound towards the east, but the tiny demon continued further into the city. I followed him instead, and for a good ten minutes I jogged, finally arriving at a very old part of the city. It was disturbingly quiet, consistent architecture. Ahead, there was an obvious magic field that I began to walk towards, entering a large round courtyard with a fountain at the center. Amidst the fountain, there was an obelisk with a pattern upon it - I could not look for very long without feeling as though I was falling, throwing my senses off. At the top of the obelisk, the demon alighted, pulling out a book and beginning to page through it.

"I focused on the magical field that was between me and the fountain - a mixture of glamer and summoning - but was soon distracted by the sound of extremely heavy footsteps. A huge minotaur - much like the angels of Mamban - carved out of obsidian. But he did not appear to see me." The elven princess pours information forth without thought to the strange things she references, such as towering minotaurs and angels. Her voice gains the cadence of an epic tale.

"The demon tore out a page from the book, slicing his palm with a blade. I decided that I needed to walk through the magical field - that I needed to know more. Once I passed the barrier, though, I realized I was trapped within. It was then that I noticed coins in the fountain - coins that held coordinates we needed. I reached into the water to gather them and confirm; just then the demon crumpled the paper and let it fall.

"And then I began to fall. It seemed an eternity, even to me." She adds the last on, as though to suggest that an elven sense of eternity held more weight than a mortal's.

Her hands move artfully to compliment the storytelling. "I landed on the steps of an ancient temple. Statues lined a circle, and in the center was a hole where the face of an enormous clock shone through--a clock with seven hands. Many of those hands were already moved towards the final half of the clock."

The princess' features contort with remembering, as though forcing herself through something very unpleasant. "I tried to leave several different ways - it was all terribly hazy, as though I was in a dream. I wandered into a dense forest..." she pauses, uncertain, before continuing, "And then at some point I found myself in a vast corridor. Behind me, an unfathomably large red dragon head appeared, staring into me....

Her voice fades away; whether she is lost in thought or uncertain how to continue is not clear.


Before Min can reply, Aylaeth stops what she's doing. "Huh. It appears to be...a dance!" There is a flurry of activity as Mina abandons the current conversation to look over the steps as described, and realizes they very nearly match the steps of a Telestari dance she learned from another painting in Manacapuru, and that there is a song to go along with it. Being a reasonably skilled performer, the Tuathan princess is able to pick up the steps of the dance and the melody of the song rather quickly, which is good since it appears that is the way out.

The Telestari; the Travelers, the Starsingers, the Planesailors, they understood the power of art, of one's emotions made physical and given shape and existence, and melded that power with their own formiddable arcane gifts to create a new magic, one that dragonsingers or bards would understand, and they poured their own longning for escape and love of travel and discovery out into the ars arcanum, and so they traveled; literally dancing and singing their way across the stars and between the planes, ever outward to new destinations.

Having gone through Limbo numerous times, they left this and other Markers here, as waypoints for themselves and anyone else skilled in their way of travel. From these markers in limbo, nearly any destination may be reached, if the dance and song are performed well enough, and the end destination is correctly focused upon. From other planes, travel is not so easy, and requires the assistance of magic and the presence of certain artifacts or monuments.

All this is made apparent in the text Aylaeth translates (though the locations of the markers are not, and nor are the "artifacts" or "monuments" -- perhaps they're described elsewhere?), and is quickly copied down by Mina and the sylph magus. Despite their differences, both are seekers of knowledge, and this is knowledge difficult to come by.

After the giddy rush of new knowledge presenting a possible way out, a new problem arises; how to perform? The dance requires two partners and a separate player to perform the song, and only Mina is skilled in these arts. A solution is presented by Nurianna, who summons a trio of Satyrs, masterful performers all, who quickly learn the steps and song from Mina, and set about performing. Within seconds, a giant and complicated map appears, superimposed on the rock and rising in three-dimensions to surround you all. It would be a glorious thing to explore, but Nurianna reminds you all that you have only scant seconds available before the Satyrs will disappear back from whence they came, and so, concentrating fully on your respective destinations, with simply polite nods marking your parting and the end of this tense and strange meeting, you all vanish from limbo, taking ancient paths on to your respective destinations.


@Aylaeth and @Min: You appear in an empty corner of the Quad at the university. Across the quad are Lin, Belsarious, Tora'an, Brook and Sarish. The group of travelers you met in Ormiria are nowhere to be seen.

Min and Lin are both deluged with impressions and emotions as the Bond comes blasting back to life.

The children you brought with are looking around in awe, their eyes big as saucers.


@Mai, @Livain, @Sir Damian: Mai is able to remember a few things about the Everywhen, but most are unreliable or anecdotal scraps of legend. The most concrete thing he can give you all is that you should not be in any danger from monsters like Ethereal Slayers (which could not survive in the Everywhen), but if you do not keep iron focus throughout your journey, concentrating solely on your destination, you may be lost -- lost in time, fixed in space.

So, steeling yourselves thusly, you locate the door mentioned by the magma dragon, and after taking time to figure out how to open it, you enter.

DC15 Will saves:
Livain: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Mai: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Damian: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Warbanian 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Warbanian 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Warbanian 3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Warbanian 4: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Warbanian 5: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The Everywhen, at least what you see, is fantastically boring. You simply open one door, step through into utter blackness, and step immediately through a second door. You walk out a passage in the southwest wall of one of the faculty residence halls in the quad at the University of Stormfare. Walking forward, all of you feel a bit shaky. Straight across from you is Belsarious, Lin, Tora'an, Brook and Sarish. Off to your left are Min, Aylaeth, and the three children they took with.

You look around and realize that something has happened; while both Silastrix appear unaffected in any way, Captain Lamorak looks different, somehow, though it's not obvious what has changed. Something that is clear, though; he has a small messenger bag over his shoulder that he didn't have when you left. It is very small, fit for a halfling or gnome or similar, and contains six small geckos. All the lizards are alive, and neither they nor the bag are magical. One of the Warbanians is wearing a falconer's glove.

Two of the Warbanians do not come out the door. They are simply gone.

Sir Damian only:
You have aged ten years. You have absolutely no recollection of where those years may have gone. I don't know if that makes you old enough to change stats or anything like that, but if it does, I don't want you to; this is for plot only.


All of you are no reunited. Carry on!


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

errr....we did bring the rest of the children with us....correct? *gulp*


If you did, then I need to make a bunch more Will saves. Since I came in and did some handwaving to get things moving, I'll let you guys decide if you would have brought them into the Everywhen. Your call, really, not mine.


Male Human Battle Herald 11

We definitely did. Let's have some full-grown orcs and gnolls!


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

"What magic?"


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

I'm just afraid now of some children never making it out....seeing as the orc and kobold will have a -2 to will and and the gnoll will have a -1...also....anyone else notice that their are 6 characters and 6 geckos?


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Reconnecting to the Bond was akin to getting hit by a tidal wave of emotion, memory and belonging that filled Min’s entire being. He leaned heavily against a nearby wall as he gasped from the shock, because so much had changed since he’d been gone. As he collected himself a voice boomed across the bond, barely recognizing that it was Lin’s voice, and he looked up to find another shock waiting for him.

{It is good to see you Meleth.} Was all Lin said as she stood in the center of the Quad and looked at Min as he approached her, smiling toothily as he kept his mouth from hanging open in awe. She spread her wings widely, casting the yard into shadow as she flexed her new wingspan to impress her Rider further.

”By the silver scaled gods! I’ll need to get a push broom to clean your scales now!” Min counted how many steps it took to walk around Lin, while studying all the changes that happened while he was gone. By the time he finished walking around her he was shaking his head at just how large she was now and looked at his Lifebow before saying loudly. ”You are so hunting your own elk from now on!”

Lin laughed loudly at Min’s comment, more then elated at having him back and reaction to her changes. Her booming laugh however didn’t go over well with the three children who continued to stare in shock at the city around them and the creatures of leend standing right in front of them. Lin noticed the trio flinching back and lowered her head to regard them curiously. As Min tried to react, pushing Lin’s great head back playfully. ”That’s enough you great big lizard, they’ve had enough shocks for one day…” It was then he suddenly noticed his Captain and his…. Gecko’s? ”Apologies for making you all wait but teleportation wasn’t our best option, Limbo is overrun with Slayers and… Pardon me but uh, Whats with the Gecko’s Sir?”


DM rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 6
1d20 ⇒ 20
1d20 ⇒ 17
1d20 ⇒ 9
1d20 ⇒ 4
1d20 ⇒ 4
1d20 ⇒ 9
1d20 ⇒ 20
1d20 ⇒ 4
1d20 ⇒ 17

Of the 10 children that remained, only four make it out the other side of the everywhen, and they seem unaffected by the trip, though they, too, look with wide eyes at the sites of the great city of Stormfare around them.


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

Although there had been much that had been said by the Elfin Princess that Ayelaeth had wished to respond to, she knew that getting them all out of limbo was much more important. And more, once she had begun to translate the Telestari writings and was in full scholar mode, she had been fascinated and completely absorbed by their content.

Forgetting their differences in the thrill of new knowledge and discovery, the Magus and the Princess, along with the companion, Nurianna, work proficiently together to enable, through the wondrous magic of the ancient star-flung race, to enable their mutual escape from limbo.

Although Tora'an and Ayelaeth did not share the same kind of mental bond that Lin and Min did, their emotional connection is no less strong. As they are both alerted to the presence of the other by the booming voice of the now, surprisingly, huge Lin, pegasus and rider are quickly reunited in a powerful and emotional embrace, the Sylph magus throwing her arms around the massive neck of the Pegasus Lord, while he nuzzles his big nose into the space between her head and shoulder. No words are voiced in the reunion, for none are necessary, and for once, even the sometimes acerbic or sarcastic Cassian is silent, and even more seems glad to see his competition for their mistress' affections.

Finally ending their extended hug, before more can be said, Damian and the others appear. The quick eyed Aylaeth first notices the significant reduction in the number of the group she, Min and the three children had left...she had no idea how long ago. Moving towards them, she leaves the tail end of the rope binding the children on the ground, to be stepped on and secured by Tora'an, who turns a warning, yet still gentle and loving eye on the three overawed younglings. Coming up to the Captain she quickly salutes and says "Sir! You have no idea how wonderful it is to see you all. But before I give you my report, I must ask, what happened to the remaining children and the Warbanians? You did not leave them behind did you??" then, taking a bit of a double take she adds "And that streak of grey in your hair! What, how, where did it come from, for I am quite sure it was not there before??"

Then finally noticing the cause of Min's question, she simply arches a confused, curious and fascinated eyebrow at the bag of geckos hanging over the Skyknight leaders shoulder.


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

Maiathreen lets out a loud oath as he looks around an sees the missing children and the Warbanians. "I told them! I said do not lose focus. Concentrate! Was that so hard?"

The silatrixan magus exclaims clearly upset at the loss of the children. "We had to use the Everwhen to leave...the missing children and Warbanians are gone...lost somewhen. Even our captain seems to have lost some of his time....if I had to wager a guess I'd say you've lost ten years...though the lizards is a bit odd. Though I so find it interesting that their are six of us and six geckos...not including mounts...not that I'd truly consider Tora'an or Lin to be mounts."


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Min looks to Mai and turns away from Lin as he says. "The Everwhen? Can we go back and find them?" He was really getting tired of these different plains of existence, as it was really confusing to keep track of the differences. He hoped however that a rescue was plausible...


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

Lin nodded in agreement with Min's statement, while simultaneously looking at the three bound children behind him. "Welcome to Stormfare little ones and who might you three be, hmm?" She reaches to snip the rope with her claws but doesn't get far before Min swats her massive claw with his hand. "I will untie them just don't scare them off..."

Lin rumbled as she chuckled at Min's comment and watched the many children curiously. Gnolls, Kobolds and Orcling's, such an interesting collection and their stares were completely adorable to her. "I don't think they will go far. Will you?" The last part she addressed to the closest children mainly the three Min was untying.


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

"To be honest....I don't know. When you enter the Everywhen you go in one door and almost automatically come out another....I couldn't begin to tell you how one would actually travel inside it."

Which children made it? Hopefully at least the gnoll who connected with Livain and the orc with the markings.


Male Human Battle Herald 11

Damian takes in the sight of his allies with a steely gaze. When he stepped into the door to the Everywhen, he was a man in the prime of a soldier's life. When he stepped out, he was a man in the prime of a leader's life. Wherever - whenever - he was, the journey aged him far more than the physical. His hair holds streaks of gray, making him look even more authoritative, and there are wrinkles from many nights of a furrowed brow atop his forehead. His eyes, though, show the difference of whatever experience aged him. His eyes hold the pain of difficult decisions, compounded when not all of the children make it out with him. He opens his voice to address his troops, his voice even deeper and more weighty than it was before. "The order to step through was mine. The risk of staying any longer was too great. I knew the risks. The mission is too important and we cannot risk more to attempt an ill-advised rescue. The Inheritor, or Gorum, or whatever they worship will see them through."

Damian's words hold a hard edge to them, surprising coming from the man who just led a selfless charge for the lives of these very same children. He passes the bag of geckos off to Brook, who looks at his master with eyes filled with tears of joy at his safe return. Damian barely lends young Brook a glance, something that the squire looks profoundly crestfallen about. He barks out an order, not even taking time for pleasantries. "Aylaeth, I want a report in my hands regarding the whereabouts of the next Abomination of Marianasu as soon as possible. I want everyone ready to leave as soon as we know where we are going. We don't have the time to waste."


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Since the item wasn’t ever taken from Lin I will do this again…

Min looks to Damian, his face unreadable as Damians words were like a slap to his face and finally notices the full change to their Captain and apparently even his personality had changed. He felt nothing from Lin though, it was like she agreed with the Captain. He focused on making his thoughts his own and noticed Lin’s twitch ever so much, she had changed and her will was much stronger then before. What is wrong with everyone today, first Mina, now this? He wasn’t much to abandon comrades or children but today was getting even more hectic.

”As you command sir, I will make preparations…” Before he could say much more Lin overwhelmed his mind momentarily, her will easily punching through his mental defenses like a tidal wave. He barely avoided staggering again as she spoke to him {Min, you don’t need to hide your thoughts from me but… There is something I must show you. I received it from Dantoor and it is important, Captain Damian must be shown it will aid us in our search. I am sure of it.}

Despite himself Min rubbed his head like he’d been struck and looked at Lin with a frown. ”Knock next time.” He rolled his eyes at her low rumbling laugh and he moved to the messily strapped saddlebags and opened the scroll tube to reveal the small metal object and Dantoor’s note. He turned presented it to Captain Damian in full view of Aylaeth and the other mages. ”I believe this will aim us in the right direction Captain. Dantoor gave this to Lin yesterday.”


Male Human Battle Herald 11

Damian takes the tube and removes the note, reviewing it immediately and silently. Mere minutes ago, he would have likely read it aloud, but he reads and evaluates the words without so much as an utterance to the others. He grimaces tightly as he comes to the end of the note, and he looks up. He hands the tube and its contents off to Mai. "This charm, as Dantoor refers to it, is said to be capable of leading us directly to one of the Abominations. It is currently held by Felltouch. Maiathreen, use your skills to determine if this will do what Dantoor believes it will. He obtained it from a gnoll who lives above the bar named "Charna" here in Stormfare. If your research shows that it will do just that, find out where the gnoll obtained it, why he gave it up, and how to use it. Take your wife with you, and Belarious if you need him. If you can, find out which Abomination this might be. Aylaeth, you and Min find out as much as you can about the rest from what remains of the library's resources. You have your orders. Dismissed."


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

Maiathreen stares at Damian for a moment before grabbing the metal tube from him.

detect magic
Spellcraft:1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24
Knowledge arcane:1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30
Knowledge arcane Felltouc:h1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Min nods and Lin sighs in quiet relief, as she was tired of carrying the item around. Min, still digesting the changes in his Captains demeanor, nods as he accepts his orders as expected. "Yes Sir, you'll have a full report as soon as possible. Captain about the children... I've been tasked with taking one of them with me, it is a Royal command from Crown Princess Ellethwen, I thought I would tell you Sir. I will make all the preparations and make sure that this is what the child wants as well." He didn't know whether or not he was Damian's Lieutenant but he would cross that bridge when he got there. As he waited for Damian's response he watched the children staring at everything around them.


Male Human Battle Herald 11

Damian seems cross at the request - if it can even be deemed a request. "You do not fight in the Crown Princess's army. You can care for the child as much as you see fit, but the battlefield is no place for a child. We have too much ground to cover and too many enemies to protect them from. There are many places here that can care for him until our mission is over and you can return to the child." He beckons over to Brook as well. "I'm afraid that goes for you as well. You've fought bravely and well, but we are going into true war. I want you to stay here and train with their troops until I return. You are also tasked with caring for whatever of these children Min here asks you to until as such time that you are relieved by him, myself, any equivalent rank, or when the child comes of age. Do you understand, Brook?"


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Thanks Damian! Don't mean to drag it out but I had to at least say something. ^^;;;;

Min nods, Damians words were correct and even Min was unsure of bringing the child along. With that settled for now, he would still speak to the Orcling later but when he heard that Brook wasn't coming with he couldn't hide his shocked expression. However it was Damian's choice and Min would abide by his choice, he did however give Brook a saddened expression. To let him know he would be sorely missed.

"I agree sir, I will continue with my tasks. Lady Aylaeth your with me." As Aylaeth gathered herself. He stepped back over to Lin and strapped the magical blades to the saddlebags.

The Bond:
{Lin, if at all possible see if you can get these sold please, Brook and those kids are going to need funds. One sword should get them more then enough, and I will surrender my share to see they are taken care of.}

She sensed the undertone of his emotions and the orcling had sparked her {We need to speak of what is troubling you Min... }

{We will tonight... No more lies...}

Lin looks at her rider strangely, her scaled brow rising momentarily in surprise. After he finished strapping the swords down he headed to the library, he was so distracted that he didn't even notice whether Aylaeth was following or not.

K-Arcana - To find out more about the Everwhen 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

K-Arcana - To find out more about Felltouch Take 10+6 = 16


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

"The everwhen i still feel it, for of course it is everyhere, that is the portal that contains tha ley lines, certainly potent magic could re-open tha everwhen for me, doest it hint at chronomancy?"

Belsarious goes into deep thought muttering to himself a bit under his breath.


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

Knowledge (arcana) on Felltouch: 1d20 + 21 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 21 + 2 = 30
Knowledge (arcana) on Felltouch-Aid: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

As the new and definitely different Captain Lamorak speaks, Ayelaeth frowns slightly at his tone and some of his decisions. Feeling more than a little concerned at the not so subtle change that clearly has come over the Captain, there is nevertheless anything yet which seems sufficiently disturbing to make an issue over. Besides that, her training strongly moves her to obey her commanding officer. As well, she is genuinely eager to get her hands on Pike DePhaz's notes.

So out loud she simply nods and answers "Yes sir."

She then moves to the three children who had come with them and, squatting down to their level says gently, with a tender smile "You three have been through so much, and have been so brave. I am very proud of you! You are completely safe now though, and those who have hurt you so much in the past can never do so again. I must leave you, but you are in very good company with Lin." as she looks up with some surprise still at the now huge dragon. And then fondly over at the Pegasus Lord, as she continues "and my dear friend, Tora'an. I know they are both very big, but they are also gentle and kind, and their being big just means they will be able to protect you that much better."

With a soft touch to each of their cheeks, she stands and prepares to go. However as Min heads off towards the Library, not seeming to be needing or expecting her company, she frowns in confusion at his back. Shrugging her shoulders, assuming he has some other task in mind first, she turns back to Lin "Is he alright Lin? If you would, can you please let him know that I will be in the guard barracks, speaking with the one who holds the notes on the abominations. Thank you. and she with a last loving pat to Tora'an, and a speculative look at Damian, she heads off in her stated direction.


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

Lin watches her rider strangely as well, the conversation in the bond had thrown her off balance and simply nods at Aylaeth's words. She focused intensely, sending her thoughts to her distracted rider and Min merely nods in mid stride as he continues on to the library. "He knows, do not worry about the children I will watch over them and Brook wil be as well. Also don't let Min distract you, he's just focused on the task Damian set for him and sadly he's not as scholarly as you are Lady Aylaeth." She looks to Aylaeth and gives her a toothy smile as she rumbled with laughter. "He will most likely be lost still by the time you reach the library, he'd prefer tracking in a blizzard over that any day." She wanted to know what had happened, because something stirred in her rider now. Something she believed was long gone...

After Aylaeth departs she turns to Damian and bows her head to their noble Captain. "It is good to see you Captain Damian." She knew that if he needed her to do something he would ask.

Looking to Brook and the young monster children she gave them all a toothy grin. "You children behave and listen to Brook now."

Diplomacy - Request they be good/behave for Brook. Hopefully xD 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Seeing the crestfallen look on Brooks face she brings a massive claw and lifts his chin, just enough to look him the eyes and rumble softly. "Be strong, this will only be for a short time. You will not be far from my heart little one and Damian is right, where we go is far more dangerous now. You and Sarish perform your duties well. Now keep an eye on these little ones and I will return shortly."

I'm sure a huge creature would have some difficulty walking through the streets of Stormfare. But I thought she could go and sell off the items while everyone is busy. :) let me know if that's possible DRA. Thanks and have a fun weekend!


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

Maiathreen and Livain could sell the equipment while looking for the gnoll(Damian won't know they took a side trip while looking besides there is some equipment Maiathreen wants to look for) also I will probably be asking Belsarious to accompany them. Just in case they run into any trouble.

Maiathreen stops Aylaeth before she heads off."Aylaeth, before you go. Could you do some side research for me in case I don't get a chance to? If she accepts he continues. "There is an arcane enhancing object I've heard of...an arcog, it you could find some information on them I'd be moat grateful."


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

Although she had no specific plans to go to the Library as of yet, it was certainly possible that Pike's notes could lead her in that direction so she simply nods at the huge Silver.

When Mai stops her, she does much the same, adding "An arcog? Yes, I shall do that my friend, assuming I have the time of course."

You wanna tell Aylaeth's player what that is? lol


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

arcogs, the little stones formed when pure arcane energy from a ley line shoots out and hits the arcite cavern walls in which all ley lines run, making little offshoot rivulets of rock form. These arcogs have the potential to greatly aid or greatly hinder magic, depending on how they're used.


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

Huh, ok. cool. Thanks!


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

She had been carrying it for what seemed like so long now that it takes a few steps before the Sylph Magus remembers the painting under her arm. Stopping and shaking her head in annoyance with herself, she heads back to Damian and the others, inquiring if any of the other two paintings made it to Stormfare.

If they have, she asks one of the Warbanians to help her carry them, or a passing guard, giving very strict instructions to not look at them at all. She also asks a guard, or other appropriate person of athority, to pass a message to the guard she had been introduced to who was holding on to Pike DePhaz's notes. The message said she would be in the Library and that he was to meet her there with all due haste.

Once ready, making sure the paiting(s) are still securely covered, she heads to the Library to speak with Van-Haera once again.


@Aylaeth and @Min: When you get to the library, you are immediately granted entry down to Van-Haera's massive domed sanctum deep in the stacks under the library proper. The domed room is littered with stacks and stacks of books, scrolls, strange items, old bones, and several desks where the librarian's interns work.

Van-Haera herself is there, as are a few interns and assistants. She looks up as you are admitted by the guards. "Ah, the Skyknights! You are back! Since when? Are you...are you all here? Are you well?!" She looks you over eagerly, making sure neither of you are injured, and seems half-ready to vault outside to check on the rest of the group.


@Aylaeth and @Livain and @Belsarious: You are saddened to see that while Grukk, the recalcitrant tattooed orcling, came through, the gnoll pup did not. With this cloud hanging over your heads, you start your trip into town.

Where are you going first?


@Sir Damian: After the others leave, a couple attendants from the university come out to help with the children. As this is going on, the current duty sergeant steps up to you, a dubious look on his face. "Sir, not questioning your orders here, but I have to ask; there's a place for refugees in the city, that's for certain, but are sure this is wise? Those children will be ostracized horribly, especially the orc, and they've already been tortured and Our Lady Knows what else! Obviously they can't just be killed, but..." he trails off, clearly already knowing that there's really no other course of action here, but also clearly not comfortable with it.

You are a direct superior to any soldier in the regular Izmirian army, so you're well within your rights to give orders to any troops here in this garrison that you outrank, which is most of them.


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

@Van-Haera: Min bows his head respectfully to the Head-Librarian, he tried not to betray how tired he was but the day had been far too taxing to even try and hide it. So he smiled as warmly as he could as he spoke in draconic. "Milady Van-Haera, Liean anyonhu mystechimy myniunrai wyhuifiihu eraty liean drnian ziunmytyyli pohuunrak chunknidr dry drnii tyehugoraimymy. I am well enough Milady, thank you for your concern. Aylaeth and I passed through Limbo where we faced some slayers but it was nothing we couldn't handle. As for the others it appears the Everywhen wasn't as fortunate for Damian. He appears to have aged, other then that though our Captain is himself. Other then that we lost some of those who had traveled with the others through the Everywhen." The last part came to his lips forcefully, he didn't like the term lost and his own thoughts were nagging at him.

Draconic:

"May your scales shine lustrously forever and may thy wisdom bring light to the darkness."

Van-Haera:

Since there is no point in trying to bluff her, especially as I have a whopping 0 bluff check! Here goes. xD

Its obvious that Min isn't entirely truthful, nor is he really lying either, with the last part about Damian, but with the way he brushes past it its far more obvious that he's also rather distracted as well.

He rises, looking around Van-Haera's office then and gives a low-whistle, it had been the first time he'd stepped into what one would call a dragon's lair. "An impressive Lair you have Milady, Lin would be lost in this room for an age if she were allowed to." He pauses and waits patiently for Aylaeth to speak with Van-Haera as he collects his thoughts and marvels, at a distance, at the various artifacts in the room. He does however glower unconsciously at the covered painting(s) under Aylaeths arm whenever his eyes fall upon it and quickly turns back to look at something else.


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

@Aylaeth and @Livain

"I rejoice in our return and hope it is the right time from the everwhen."

"Perchance tha others tha are not here are merely else where an else when, so lost to us."


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

I believe DRA meant to type that Mai is with you and Livain, Bel. Aylaeth is in the Library with Min, and a Wrench, I think

Aylaeth nods and waits as Min speaks, and when he finishes launches into her own tale. Knowing that all present can understand it, and as well that it is more fitting for some arcane terms, to honour her the magus speaks in the dragon's native tongue"I too am well Van-Haera, although it is only by Abadar's great mercy that it is so. For when we left here we found an even greater challenge, and threat to all the Land, then we could have even imagined..." and she launches into a long tale of the battle and the discovers afterwards of the children and the strange, ancient, magical engine co-opted for nefarious purpose by the Red Dragonflight, also showing, and giving, Van-Haera the fire-recovered notebooks while she does so.

Finally, indicating the paintings, she finishes with "And then there are these, Librarian. These three paintings were found in a room along with a magical banner of the Lionhearts and the skeletal and ghostly remains of a master Dwarven builder and some of his crew by name of ________, surely you have heard of him, or at least his works?" and Aylaeth quickly tells the little she knows of that situation.

"As for these paintings Van-Haera, I hope to leave them in your care, perhaps under protection in the great tower, for they are far too powerful and dangerous to simply leave or even destroy." and here glances at Min, knowing how he feels about them and emphasising with his pain.

Sliding the paintings over she adds the warning "If you should choose to look at these paintings, I must caution you that it takes great willpower not to go...ah, mad with fear. Perhaps it might be best to look at them when we are not here? Or in a controlled situation? Of course I do not mean to suggest your Will might be insufficient great Van-Haera, I merely give warning based on the great power of these artifacts."

Stepping back and bowing politely she finishes with "I know we have shared very much with you Van-Haera, and we are under direct orders by our Captain to investigate Pike DePhaz's papers and find out all we can about the abominations. Yet before we do, I would very much wish to hear your thoughts on all we have told you. At your convenience of course."


Yeah, Belsarious is with Mai and Livain. No idea why I keep swapping names around.


@Min and @Aylaeth: The librarian nods respectfully to both of you and thanks you for your kind words. To Min she says softly "I am certain one day your companion will have a hold and horde of her own, to rival any dragon's, in its own way."

She listens as Aylaeth relays everything you have learned. She nods at the mention of Beltz Wellrock; "Indeed I am quite familiar. He built many things here in our fair city, and many other cities besides." When the sylph speaks of the arcane battery/engine-thing the red dragonflight were working on, Van-Haera narrows her eyes. "This is most troubling. I have no idea what the military situation currently is with them, but Van-Galazzan is away at the moment..." After a thoughtful pause, she sends an intern to fetch the city's Izmirian liaison. "I will inquire with our friends from Izmir, perhaps they know something. Regardless, they will be glad for this knowledge. We have been wondering what the red dragonflight was up to for some while now. I just hope we haven't found out after it's too late."

Van-Haera sort of turns up her nose in disgust at the paintings, and makes a dismissive gesture towards one of her actual assistants, a grad student who appears to be an arcanist of some sort. The student comes up and takes the wrapped paintings away. "Ugh." says the librarian as the student leaves. "More of those things. We've encountered similar paintings before. As you are no doubt aware, Madame Brely'an, very minor versions of those types of artworks are used by scam artists and hustlers all over the land, especially in larger cities, like ours. However, it is rather rare to encounter one of such...potency, so that will be handled with all due caution and will likely never again leave the Great Tower."

She then gestures over to a desk right there in her sanctum with some papers in a folder. "There are master DePhazz's notes, peruse them at your leisure. I regret they are woefully incomplete for overall use, but should of some immediate value to you and the other Skyknights."


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

Knowing and trusting completely that the massive Brass can and will handle all the matters brought up more than competently, Aylaeth thanks her sincerely and then turns to the papers with a delighted smile.

As the Researcher in her rises again a familiar smile and feeling of anticipation, and the thrill of new knowledge suffuses her. Smiling broadly she beams "Ah! Yes why here they are right here! This is wonderful! Thank you again Van-Haera! You are most kind and thoughtful."

And, happier than a child with desert, she takes the papers and moves off to a comfortable area too carefully peruse them. Ada'an of course joins her, occasionally fluttering closer to get a better look at something, or murmuring complainingly to her to turn back a page, as she was, as usual, reading too fast for him to keep up.


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5
DM Downrightamazed wrote:
Yeah, Belsarious is with Mai and Livain. No idea why I keep swapping names around.

I am everywhen!


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Min smiles genuinely at Van-Haera's comment and smiles even broader at the sight of the paintings leaving. "That will be a glorious day Milady." Min nods in thanks to Aylaeth knowing full well there was no way he could have explained it in such precise detail to the Head Librarian. He knew his limitations as a soldier and spoke more relaxed now that was dealt with. "I have one small request Milady one that may be most useful for you and Stormfare as well. I wanted to see how the power orb was fairing, it was in a fragile state when it was given over to your wonderous care and call me a softy but I was hoping it was improving."

If shown the orb:

Min remarks calmly, as it was what he expected to see and had little worry that such an item would do well in the hands of actual arcanists. "Now that I have you alone I have a proposition for you and for Stormfare. I wish to help you collect the last of the orbs, if you have their location I will do my utmost to retrieve them. I ask three things in exchange. The first is that the children we arrived with are taken care of in our absence, they are a mixed group of kobolds, gnolls and orcs. They were recovered from our mission in Maho. In the mean time I can pay for housing and tutors if at all possible, until the time I bring you back the orbs. The second and third options are intertwined actually. I wanted to know if anyone has ever been rescued from the Everywhen, if so then how and how to traverse it safely as I havjje little knowledge of it and the last thing is if you know of anyone dealing in Enthathladi items in the city."

After saying that mouthful he bows his head apologetically. "my apologies, I'm a soldier after all, I'm not so well versed in decent wordplay and I don't see any reason not to get to the point.[b] He pauses for a moment before adding his own warning about the painting. [b]"Also... If you do look at that painting... Be careful, it... It drove me out of mind with panic... I don't know what it could show someone as magnificent and powerful as you but... It crushed me completely, Milady. But before the I looked upon the painting I tried to detect it and I saw something, an elven man about seven feet tall, it was a brief flash but I'm not sure if it was someone else who was trapped inside of those paintings..." His words cut off, the terrible images had clawed their way up when he least expected it, a dark hallway, a simple mirror and he'd see it again. A flash of their death, a pain so intense he couldn't catch his breath and the only thing that held it at bay was an overwhelming hate for those they were to clash with next. With a surge of will power he crushed the images down and waited for her answer.

What can I say Min sells his services for cheap. :) People come first, especially kids. :)


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

"Lin...do you still have the warhammer Min found in the treasure room? I'm going to sell off our extra equipment so we don't have to rely entirely off the generosity of Izmir and Stormfare." Maiathreen asks while Livain actually puts the extra swords in her quiver not what its made for...but they still fit...technically.

Before heading out Maiathreen heads to one of the remaining Warbanian preferably the one he first spoke with. "Thank you for coming with me when I asked. I don't know how we would have made it with out all of you. I just wanted to say I am truly sorry for the men you lost in assisting us in the volcano. And for that reason I was hoping you could spare one of your men to help us find a decent merchant who can handle all these weapons and armor and I'd like for part of it to go to you and your men.


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

Lin nods her great head to Mai, clearly relieved to be rid of the burden of so many items, smiling at him warmly. "I agree, if it helps our cause then do what you think is best, I shall let him know what has been taken and thank you very much Mai." She watched Mai and Livain move off, smiling the entire time. It is good to have forward thinkers in our ranks, very good indeed.

She turned her head back to the children then, smiling warmly as she settled back down into the grass on the Quad. She kept her voice to a low rumble as she asked them simply. "Have you ever touched a dragons scales?" Depending on their answers she proffers her exposed side. "You can if you wish to, come, I don't bite." She remains warm and friendly despite the monstrous appearance of these Children, if Min hadn't liked them then she may have had a different opinion. For now though it was amusing to have such an awed audience. She shared a knowing smile with Brook, who was just getting over the awe of her new size, and Sarish who was still staring despite himself.


@Mai, @Livain, @Belsarious: The big Warbanian listens as Maiathreen speaks.

Mai untrained Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Warbanian's Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

As the Silastrus speaks, though, the Warbanian's eyes drift to the hilt of the Magus' sword, and narrow suspiciously. When Mai is done, the bit warrior gives a dubious nod and flinty-eyed look. "We live for battle, Magus, and go where its glory calls, for Our Lord In Iron, for our people. You had a good battle for us, so we went. While we do require payment for our services, that is something you can settle up with officials of the city. I cannot spare any soldiers to be your tour guide on a shopping trip." It's obvious this last bit is intended as a joke, delivered as it is with a wry smile, but the jest falls horribly flat and just sounds condescending and rude. With a last look at Mai's blackblade, the soldier turns and goes to join the others, who are engaged in looking at a map of the city and divvying up what areas most need their immediate attention.

It is apparent to all of you the soldier was looking askance at Mai's intelligent sword, Servais, though the sword is doing nothing but sitting there in its scabbard.


@Min: Van-Haera smiles indulgently at your query. "I suppose I don't know how the Focal Orb is doing. I handed it to the tower guards who gave it to the tower staff, and have not seen it since. I'm sure it is quite fine, though, as it is being tended to by some of the very best arcanists there are." When you take her aside and make your plea, she looks thoughtful. "That is a decision for the City Council and Van-Galazzan to make, though I don't doubt they will see the rightness in your argument. I am the Head Librarian for the university, and there my real responsibility ends, and while my responsibilities as an Elder Dragon in a Draconic Protectorate go further, I am subordinate to Van-Galazzan, so his word is what you should seek."

3,051 to 3,100 of 3,728 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Legacy of Marianasu - DM Downrightamazed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.