Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Legacy of Marianasu - DM Downrightamazed

Game Master downrightamazed

The great captain Korius Merit, of the Paladine of Izmir, summons a group of warriors of the air to retrieve twelve evil artifacts; the legendary Abominations of the long-dead archmage Marianasu.


2,651 to 2,700 of 3,728 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>

End of Round 2, Beginning of Round 3

The Ghaddar lets out another loud, barking laugh, then speaks quickly in Infernal and vanishes in a cloud of disgusting black smoke. A wall of fire still rages around the Skyknights and Warbanian mercenaries on the balcony, and now the weird green liquid is flowing through the channels dug into the stone in the floor. The door leading to where the chanting was happening is now completely blocked by a perfectly sealed wall of stone and brave little Ada'an lies on the floor, dying.

Livain is surrounded by obstacles on all sides; Min behind her, her husband (who would perhaps resent being called an "obstacle") to her right, a half-wall to her left, and a Red Dragonflight swordsman in front of her...

Round 3, Initiative 25 - Ghaddar
Disappears

Livain is up!


Initiative Order Reminder:
Initiative Order:
Ghaddar - 25
Livain - 24
Red Dragonflight foot soldiers - 17
Mai - 15
Warbanians - 13
Min - 12
Captain Lamorak - 11
Aylaeth - 8
Priests of Kalaroth - 7
Bone Devil - 5

Map is updated. As usual, click the correct tab if necessary.


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

"Where did that Ghaddar disappear to? Don't let him get near you!" Maiathreen calls out as it disappears in the Smoke.


Female Silastrix Archer 11 - HP 93 AC 24, T 16, Flat 18 - F+7 R+8 W+ 4 Init +8; Senses: Darkvision Low-Light Vision)

Round 3, Init 24, Altitude 75' AC 22, HP 85/81 Buffs: Gravity bow, haste, bear's endurance


MA: Straight up 40 feet....hope this works....putting me at 80 feet near the ends of the crossbows 'normal' range
SA: one arrow for the bone devil
Attack using deadly aim1d20 + 19 ⇒ (18) + 19 = 37
Damage:2d6 + 15 ⇒ (1, 3) + 15 = 19wow....just wow...

Livain flies up into the air leaving herself open to the swordsman on her side but hoping it will give her the vantage point she needs. She sees the devil tear into the small angel she gives a cold look to the thing as she pulls nocks and fires an arrow in one smooth movement. "I won't lose any one else!" She says as the arrow pierces the creatures hide.


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

Well, Haste would give Ada'an AC21, but that's still 3 hits anyway. Can't see anything either that might aid the lil fella. Here's hoping he makes his stabilize (if celestials do that?) until Aylaeth can help him!

Oh, and while Aylaeth is definitely on your side for getting revenge on the Bone Devil Livain, it may be tactically more important to take out those priests


Female Silastrix Archer 11 - HP 93 AC 24, T 16, Flat 18 - F+7 R+8 W+ 4 Init +8; Senses: Darkvision Low-Light Vision)

Hmmm...is it possible to switch targets DRA since you haven't responded to my attack?


Livain Gyssearnith wrote:
Hmmm...is it possible to switch targets DRA since you haven't responded to my attack?

No.


Female Silastrix Archer 11 - HP 93 AC 24, T 16, Flat 18 - F+7 R+8 W+ 4 Init +8; Senses: Darkvision Low-Light Vision)

didn't think so. For some reason I miss remembered the rules for firing beyond normal range.


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

Sorry bad advice on my part :(


"Rip that Aellar cur out of the air! Archers! To work!" Yells the priest that's still on the dais. The archers, however, are not up to the task as the wily and graceful Livain dodges bolt after deadly bolt, only taking a nick across her thigh that quickly wells up with blood. Hells, the swordsman who slashed her across the back as she took off did more damage than all six archers combined!

The other wounded swordsmen get into position, but are not able to harm either Min or Mai, both Skyknights deftly parrying blows. Captain Lamorak, however, has a rougher time against his man, desperate and crazed, near death, striking out with all the fury left in his shattered body, trying to take Damian down to hell with him, slashing the Skyknight leader twice with his magicked longsword.

Round 3, Initiative 17 - foot soldiers
AoO vs. Livain: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Archers vs. Livain:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Total damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12

Soldier in G11:
5' Step
FRA: Attack Min:
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Soldier in G12:
MA: up steps
SA: Attack Mai:
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

Soldier in G6:
FRA: Attack Captain Lamorak:
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (2, 7) + 6 = 15

Mai is up!


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

Round 3, Init 15, Altitude 40' AC 23, HP 67/47 Buffs: vampiric touch 23/23
Arcane Pool: 10/6 Arcane Pool Servais: 2/0
Spells: shocking grasp(2), warding weapon, mirror image, vampiric touch (1)
Swift action: Activate Arcane Pool for +1 and keen
FA:shocking grasp spellcombat spellstrike....sorta

Servais Full Spellstrike:

Concentration:1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28
Spellstrike:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Attack 1:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Attack 2:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Spellstrike:1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage 1:1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Damage 2:1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

wtf?!?!?!?!? Just shoot me now. What the hell do I do with that crap?


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

That stinks Mai :(


@Mai: At the moment of your attempted strike, Servais suddenly speaks in your mind, his voice deep and loud and urgent. ::magus. ignore these idiots. you must stop that liquid from filling the channels. i...i have seen this before. this...or something like this...contributed to the demise of the shadowguard...i...::

His interruption causes your spell to fizzle and your swing to go well wide of the mark, Servais' black blade clangs harmlessly off the stone of the balcony and the battered Red Dragonflight swordsman laughs at your poor aim.


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

Maiathreen pushes all the outside interference as he concentrates on how to stop the liquid filling the symbols carved into the floor.

Knowledge Arcana:1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27
Knowledge Planes:1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25
Spellcraft:1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34


Oh crap! I posted a giant thing of the Warbanians attacking on Monday, but it appears to have been eaten. Basically, if you check the map, you'll see they moved out of the wall of fire and slayed a couple of the red dragonflight swordsmen and badly wounded a couple others. So yeah; they're definitely pulling their weight. They also taunted Mai a bit for missing so badly. ;-)

So! Min is up!


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13
DM Downrightamazed wrote:

Oh crap! I posted a giant thing of the Warbanians attacking on Monday, but it appears to have been eaten. Basically, if you check the map, you'll see they moved out of the wall of fire and slayed a couple of the red dragonflight swordsmen and badly wounded a couple others. So yeah; they're definitely pulling their weight. They also taunted Mai a bit for missing so badly. ;-)

So! Min is up!

I totally blame Servais.

>.>
<.<
Also what about my rolls on stopping the ritual?


@Mai:K(Dungeoneering) check: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32

Thinking on it, you realize you have no idea what this ritual is, or is intended to accomplish. There is an obvious aura of necromancy, the presence of which among all the apparently brain-dead slaves/prisoners makes you nervous, but this is unlike anything you've ever encountered or studied.

However, your experience surviving in the wild and in caves and castles gives you another insight; regardless of what magic is in play, it's obvious the sickly green fluid is supposed to fill the channels in the floor. The floor is tilted slightly towards the balcony on which you're currently standing, meaning the source of the fluid is either under or behind the dais, where the priests are. If you can cut off the source, stop the flow, whatever magic is supposed to happen will most likely fail.

Most likely...


Min is still up...


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Min Stats:

AC: 24 (26 against evil) (26/28 if he has cover/ is being shot at by evil people~)
HP:28/61
F/R/W: 7/11/6
CMD: 26
Move Speed: 60ft
Attack bonus: +1 (+1 additional attack with FAA)
Save Bonus +1 Ref
Buffs: Resist Cold 10, Resist Acid 20
Immune to Sleep
Other buffs: Haste, Protection from Evil
Haste

When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with one natural or manufactured weapon. The attack is made using the creature's full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation. (This effect is not cumulative with similar effects, such as that provided by a speed weapon, nor does it actually grant an extra action, so you can't use it to cast a second spell or otherwise take an extra action in the round.)

A hasted creature gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves. Any condition that makes you lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) also makes you lose dodge bonuses.

All of the hasted creature's modes of movement (including land movement, burrow, climb, fly, and swim) increase by 30 feet, to a maximum of twice the subject's normal speed using that form of movement. This increase counts as an enhancement bonus, and it affects the creature's jumping distance as normal for increased speed. Multiple haste effects don't stack. Haste dispels and counters slow.

Protection from evil

This spell wards a creature from attacks by evil creatures, from mental control, and from summoned creatures. It creates a magical barrier around the subject at a distance of 1 foot. The barrier moves with the subject and has three major effects.

First, the subject gains a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves. Both these bonuses apply against attacks made or effects created by evil creatures.

Second, the subject immediately receives another saving throw (if one was allowed to begin with) against any spells or effects that possess or exercise mental control over the creature (including enchantment [charm] effects and enchantment [compulsion] effects, such as charm person, command, and dominate person). This saving throw is made with a +2 morale bonus, using the same DC as the original effect. If successful, such effects are suppressed for the duration of this spell. The effects resume when the duration of this spell expires. While under the effects of this spell, the target is immune to any new attempts to possess or exercise mental control over the target. This spell does not expel a controlling life force (such as a ghost or spellcaster using magic jar), but it does prevent them from controlling the target. This second effect only functions against spells and effects created by evil creatures or objects, subject to GM discretion.

Third, the spell prevents bodily contact by evil summoned creatures. This causes the natural weapon attacks of such creatures to fail and the creatures to recoil if such attacks require touching the warded creature. Summoned creatures that are not evil are immune to this effect. The protection against contact by summoned creatures ends if the warded creature makes an attack against or tries to force the barrier against the blocked creature. Spell Resistance can allow a creature to overcome this protection and touch the warded creature.

Min watched as Livain took off, healed and intact before unleashing her fury down on their enemies. He had little time breathing room though as a Red Dragonflight soldier stepped in and slashed at him. Min proved faster then his armored opponent though and deflected his enemies blade with his darkwood shield. As he spun around from the second block he nocked a thistle arrow and let it loose into his opponents gut. As the Dragonflight soldier raised his blade to retaliate Min turned away, running his hand over a cardinal feathered arrow and nocking it to his bow.

He saw the flash of the blades downward stroke, but the soldier was too late to stop the Heartlander's shot. The Cardinal arrow flew, straight and true, right into the new wall the Dragonflight priest had made, mere inches to the left of the priests shoulder. As the arrow impacted the wall a great blast rocked the room and engulfed the priest in flames and choking smoke briefly. His final attack as the blade connected with his armored shoulder was aimed at the floor just behind the dais behind the Dragonflight archers and engulfing the priests a second time

FAA: Attack with Avenaada +Thistle Arrow +Haste 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27
Damage1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

FAA: Attack with Avenaada +Cardinal Arrow Tier 2 +Haste @ AL9 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Damage – 40ft Diameter 6d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 6) = 14

FAA: Attack with Avenaada +Cardinal Arrow Tier 2 +Haste @ AH11 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
Damage – 40ft Diameter 6d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 5, 2, 3) = 16

Min had no concern for himself at this point, they had to stop this ritual and save those children from an unknown fate...

If he has time~ DRA:

K-Arcana 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Male Human Battle Herald 11

Round 3, Initiative 11
hp: 66/97; AC 22/14T/19FF; +12F/+10R/+10W
Inspiring Command: 4/12; Bardic Performance: 1/5
Spell Effects: haste, bear's endurance

Perform: Oratory 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

FA: Maintain Performance
FRA: Move to R3, pick up Ada'an

Damian rushes forward, buffeted by Aylaeth's magical enhancement to his speed. He quickly makes his way down the stairs through the Warbanians and to the tiny angelic helmet's side. Keeping his shield up, he grabs it with his sword hand, holding it with two fingers while keeping his grip on the blade. The bone devil looms in front of him, menacing Aylaeth with its sharp claws and teeth. For lack of a better place to put it and to aid in protecting it, he places Ada'an upon his own head. "Foul beast! Servant of evil! Your time is short and your power wanes!" He points to it with his sword and directs the Warbanians. "A powerful enemy, to be sure, but one that we will fall!"


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

"Skyknights ignore the soldiers let the warbanians deal with them! We need to stop the liquid! It should be some where behind or below the dais". Maiathreen calls out as he looks for a way to stop the liquid.

~Do yo know what this ritual is supposed to accomplish?~
He mentally asks Servais.

Would a dead body plug up the hole as a 'temporary' fix?


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

Knowledge Dungeoneering(to see if a dead body could plug up the holes)1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28


Sorry. You need K(Engineering) for that.


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13
DM Downrightamazed wrote:
Sorry. You need K(Engineering) for that.

...Well fine then... :p


@Min: You need to double-check what you're shooting at. The new wall the priest just put up is in Y2, and if you shoot a Flamestrike arrow there, you're gonna be blasting Aylaeth. Do you want to just direct all your arrows at the priest? 'Cos he's back at AK-8, with no one around to protect him. Sorry if my description was confusing.

The map.

ETA: Never mind, I see you specified squares you're targeting. We're good. I need to stop trying to post at 1AM. :-p Sorry 'bout that! Nonetheless, it is probably good to know what I said above, namely that the "new" wall is over at Y2. The sound of children is through the door that you're shooting at right now, where the other priest went, and the sound of chanting is what Aylaeth was going after, and is behind the wall at Y2.

Speaking of Aylaeth, she is up!


The Bone Devil leers menacingly at Sir Damian as he makes his way to the fallen little celestial. It waves its stinger back and forth, trying to decide whether to start with Aylaeth or Captain Lamorak, both of whom are such tasty mortals for the torture-happy devil.

Meanwhile, screams fill the air, originating from the back of the dais where Min has unleashed flaming fury on the priest of kalaroth there. The man howls in pain as his flesh is seared badly by the harsh burn of the cold flames of old Enhathlad.

Then, just as Aylaeth is about to act, a thrumming starts to pick up all around, and the first three rows of slaves/prisoners -- the ones under whom the green liquid flows fullest -- all rise slowly into the air, where they hang there, hovering, and begin to emit a green glow from every orifice. Their jaws drop and their faces go slack in expressions of horrified agony. The full channels under them glow very brightly and all the mages in the room are nearly bowled over by the overwhelming aura of necromancy being emitted from the prisoners and the filled channels.

Slowly the liquid presses on, its goal clear; fill all the channels, raise all the prisoners.


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

Ada'an's stabilize check DC10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Failed, at -2hp

As the Bone Devil suddenly appears behind her, rips Ada'an off her head and horribly rends the the poor little angel, a scream pure with anguish and heartbreak rips out of the Slyphan Magus "Ada'an!! NOOOOOOOO!" for a helpless, frozen moment of pure horror, she watches her dear familiar and companion of many years as he is tossed to the ground like a limp, bloody rag. Her heart lurching and threatening to shatter, before she can even react, noble, brave Damian is there to pick up the fallen smallest member of the Skyknights. A wave of love and gratitude flowing out towards her Captain, hope blooms in her chest as her link tells her that the tiny celestial, though gravely wounded, still clings on to life.

Her fear and worry is instantly transformed into hatred and fury as her gaze falls back on the mocking devil. And, although she knows her efforts should best be spent elsewhere, at the moment she can thinking of nothing other than destroying the affront to Life itself that stands before her.
Will save vs not-attacking the Bone Devil DC17: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

And, with a last glance at her dying familiar, her better judgement shatters and she attacks her foe with everything she has

Spell Strike Attack1:1d20 + 14 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 14 + 1 - 2 = 28 to Hit 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 + 7d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (3) + (6, 5, 6, 2, 6, 1, 2) = 38 Damage
Melee Attack1:1d20 + 14 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 1 - 2 = 25 to Hit 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (3) = 12Damage
Melee Attack2:1d20 + 6 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 - 2 = 23 to Hit 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (1) = 10Damage
Hasted extra melee attack:1d20 + 14 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 1 - 2 = 16 to Hit 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + (5) = 15 Damage

Spell Penetration vs SR20:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Looks like that should be two hits and 30hp damage after DR, sheesh! And after all that effort!

ACTIONS:
Swift action: use arcane pool to grant shocking to staff
FRA: Spellstrike & Spell Combat, + Melee attacks
-2 to hit on all attacks. Don't think she needs to cast defensively
while using spellstrike, but if she does, she is.
Concentration: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Min will continue with his actions, sorry for the late response hurt my hand and so ya. Lieutenant Icepack for the next day, hopefully not more =/


No worries, man, take care of that hurt paw! Anyway it's time for the bad guys to go, you already went this round. :-)


Initiative Reminder:
Ghaddar - 25
Livain - 24
Red Dragonflight foot soldiers - 17
Mai - 15
Warbanians - 13
Min - 12
Captain Lamorak - 11
Aylaeth - 8
Priests of Kalaroth - 7
Bone Devil - 5


The other priest, so badly burned by Min's deadly accuracy, dashes the short distance through the door, and slams it shut. Arcane chanting can be heard, then silence. Even the sound of the crying children is too muffled now to be heard over the other sounds in the sacrifice room.

Round 3, Initiative 7 - Priests
Full retreat, close doors, do magic stuff...


The bone devil grunts in pain as Aylaeth's magically-imbued attacks chip away at its horrid being, but still it laughs, mocking her with every action. "Oh was that your frrrriend? Were you clooooossse? HAHAHAHAHAA" It steps back five feet, so that it is equidistant between Captain Lamorak and the Lesothan Magus, then unleashes a torrent of arcane infernal babble. It shifts its stance into something more defensive, then, and hunkers down as if waiting for one of you to attack, its stinger still bobbing menacingly in the heavy air above its head.

Round 3, Initiative 5 - Osyluth
5' step
Does magic...or does it?

DM roll:
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

DC43 Perception ONLY:
The Osyluth is invisible, and just flew up over Aylaeth and landed behind her, ready to strike with its stinger. So what's that standing there between Aylaeth and Captain Lamorak?


End of Round 3, Beginning of Round 4


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

Perception:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20D*** almost had it to. :p


TBH I'm pretty sure none of you can hit that, even with hero points and max ranks and a high WIS, but I had to put it up to be fair.


Round 4, Initiative 25 - Ghaddar
Still nowhere to be seen
1d100 ⇒ 26

Livain is up!


Female Silastrix Archer 11 - HP 93 AC 24, T 16, Flat 18 - F+7 R+8 W+ 4 Init +8; Senses: Darkvision Low-Light Vision)

Round 3, Init 24, Altitude 75' AC 22, HP 85/81 Buffs: Gravity bow, haste, bear's endurance

MA: V-11
SA: Flamestrike tier 1 arrow into one of the channel openings...here's for hoping.
3d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 3) = 11

Livain flies forward searching for one of the channel openings after hearing Maiathreen's warning about the fluid. Hoping to collapse the opening.


Livain's arrow detonates in the channel in the floor, spraying a large quantity of the green alchemical stuff all over the place, but the stone holds, and more fluid pours out to replace what was lost.

Meanwhile, the remaining foot soldiers attempt once again to take down the Aellar archer and eliminate the other Skyknights and their Warbanian allies. This time, the red dragonflight crossbowmen seem to have Livain's number, with all but one of their bolts piercing her delicate skin, spilling her blood to the floor to mix with the green goop. In addition, the swordsmen on the balcony get harsh jabs in on the Warbanians, eliciting grunts of pain followed by grins of fierce joy.

The jailer that Captain Lamorak rushed past to pick up Ada'an drops his crossbow and draws his sword, but the skilled cavalier is more than ready and deftly parries the clumsy thrust with his shield.

Round 4, Initiative 17 - foot soldiers
Archers vs. Livain:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Total damage: 4d8 + 8 ⇒ (8, 3, 2, 5) + 8 = 26

Soldiers in G11 and G12: Attack Warbanians
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Jailer in Q2:
Free Action: drop crossbow
MA: draw sword
SA: Attack Captain Lamorak: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Mai is up!


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

Round 4, Init 15, Altitude 50' AC 23, HP 67/47 Buffs: vampiric touch 23/23
Arcane Pool: 10/6 Arcane Pool Servais: 2/0
Spells: shocking grasp(3), warding weapon, mirror image, vampiric touch (1)
MA:I-11 and draw wand as part of action
SA: Activate wand Z-12
6d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 6, 2, 3, 4) = 22

Maiathreen flies up ten feet and then moves forward drawing a wand as he does so.
He activates the spell dropping a pea of fire that explodes outwards engulfing a number of the soldiers.

ok that should drop two of the archers.


The two Warbanians by Min bring their greatswords down in giant arcs, smashing through the armor of their opponents and crushing their skulls. As the limp bodies of the remaining red dragonflight swordsmen on the balcony fall to the ground, the big mercenaries begin heading down the stairs to deal with the crossbowmen. On the other side of the balcony, the four mercenaries there fan out behind Sir Damian in order to help him.

Round 4, Initiative 13 - Warbanians
G11 and G12 finish RD troops, start down stairs.
All others fan out to hold the stairs and help Captain Lamorak.

Map is updated.

Min is up!


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Thinking, thinking

Here we go!

Lifting and Carrying Strength Check - Grab and lift Red Dragonflight soldier 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Move Action to G-12, since I am sure I can't get around the Warbanians

Min, seeing that Livains attack on the green liquid fails decides to try a new tactic. With the help of his magically imbued strength, he picks up the downed Red Dragonflight soldier with startling ease and starts carrying him. Hastily moving in behind the charging Warbarians and looks to Mai. "How the hell do we stop it? Do you have an idea?"


Muahahahahahahaaa!


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

"My guess is there are controls either on the podium or in that room that the priest went into that control the flow. But I think as a short term fix that soldier your dragging around might do for a short period of time. Though judging from the look of those orc I don't know if I'd want to get close enough to try..." Maiathreen says as he glances back at Min while assessing the current situation.


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14
DM Downrightamazed wrote:
Muahahahahahahaaa!

I don't see a no for my current actions~ Rolling on then. ;)


Yup, that's all legit.

Captain Damian Lamorak is up!


Male Human Battle Herald 11

Round 4, Initiative 11
hp: 66/97; AC 22/14T/19FF; +12F/+10R/+10W
Inspiring Command: 3/12; Bardic Performance: 1/5
Spell Effects: haste, bear's endurance

Perform: Oratory 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

FA: Maintain Performance, 5' to S3
FRA: Longsword vs Bone Devil 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20
> Will save 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Damian points to the remaining prisoners who haven't been seized by whatever dark magics the liquid holds. "Get them out of there! Move! Do not let the liquid touch them!" His voice booms powerfully, moving the mercenaries to action to get the prisoners before they are likewise affected. With them directed, he turns his attention to the bone devil lurking before him. He steps forward and thrusts at it, his sword swiping through its flesh without any sort of resistance. He pulls back and shouts to Aylaeth as the figure fades to translucence before his eyes. "It's an illusion!"


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

Ada'an's stabilize check DC10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Stabilized!

The combination of Captain's Lamorak's rousing voice plus the knowledge through her empathic link that Ada'an was no longer speeding towards death's door, served to shake Aylaeth out of her blind fury.

Blinking for a moment in thought 'An illusion? But then how did it injure poor Ada'an so badly?' the battle trained magus nevertheless quickly regains her composure.

Pointing her staff at the new stone wall she yells "We need to get through that wall and stop whatever ritual they're performing in the other room! That has to be our top priority!"

As she has no means to do so herself at the moment though, and since she is closet to the back of the room, she races forward to the door the two priests went through, hoping to stop whatever they did to release the green fluid, therby freeing the others to deal with the chanting.

Before she moves though, she reaches into her haversack and withdraws and quaffs a potion, instantly vanishing from sight. Using her message cantrip she whispers to the others [i]"I go to deal with those priests!"[/b] and then speeds to AK-8, taking a close look at the door when she gets there.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Stats:
Round 4, Init 8, Altitude 0'
AC 27, HP 46/62
Buffs: Message, Protection from Evil, Haste, Aid, +3 quarterstaff (total, invisible
Special: Electricity Resistance 10, Acid Resistance 20
Arcane Pool: 3/10
Spells: Lv1 1:0, Lvl 2:0 Lvl 3:1

Last round, Aylaeth used a lvl2 slot to cast her lvl 1 Shocking Grasp. Forgot to write but I did minus it.


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13
DM Downrightamazed wrote:
Maiathreen Gyssearnith wrote:
"What do you mean shadow?" Maiathreen asks as he slowly takes in the scene before them.
"HAaaaahahahahahaaa! You mean you don't KNOW?! Well, I'll be happy to tell you...for a price." Vilicent grins and his eyes glow brighter as he stares down Maiathreen.

Note to self ask Servais about this later...


*whistles innocently*


Initiative Reminder:
Ghaddar - 25
Livain - 24
Red Dragonflight foot soldiers - 17
Mai - 15
Warbanians - 13
Min - 12
Captain Lamorak - 11
Aylaeth - 8
Priests of Kalaroth - 7
Bone Devil - 5
dsaDsad

2,651 to 2,700 of 3,728 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Legacy of Marianasu - DM Downrightamazed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.