Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Legacy of Marianasu - DM Downrightamazed

Game Master downrightamazed

The great captain Korius Merit, of the Paladine of Izmir, summons a group of warriors of the air to retrieve twelve evil artifacts; the legendary Abominations of the long-dead archmage Marianasu.


2,551 to 2,600 of 3,728 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

"Enemies of the Imperium of Mists be purged! IN THE EMPERORS NAME IT SHALL BE DONE!"

>:[


Male Human Aristocrat 1 / Cleric 1

What is your deal pal?

Shadow Lodge

"BURN HERETIC!"

Cast Scorching Ray 1d20 ⇒ 17
---> Damage4d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 2, 5) = 16


Male Human Aristocrat 1 / Cleric 1

O.o! "What a sec...! ARGH! Seriously why does everyone uxse fire! I'm outta here..."

Withdraws!


bump


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Bump! :D


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

Huzzah!

Shadow Lodge

HAI!


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

.


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

dotty mc dotterkins


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

Bump

Liberty's Edge

Bump? ;)


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

HADOKEN BUMP *KABBBOOOM*


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

lol


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Bumpity


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

"When did fighting Demons become part of 'Just Scouting'?"


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

"Demons need to be thwarted, especially when lives hang in the balance. Oh. and I thought you were going to wait for my return, but no your stubborness has left me out to dry, again! Enjoy your walk to the pier."


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

"Faster then your clumsy flying, as likely to crash into a building then reach our destination."


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

"WHAT?! How dare you mock my majestic grace! The nerve! Good thing we have those scrolls of teleport because that is the only way you will be getting around. You can sit on a stump and wait!"


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

"Can't, doctor Cassandra said to avoid stumps."


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

"Taking advice from a child. You've lost your mind..."


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

Ahahaha! Love it! And what does having a long, involved, conversation with one's self signify? (important I know, cuz whatever it is, appears I've caught it as well ; )

Liberty's Edge

A very bored and tired oil field worker does very random things. ;)


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Min couldn't stop himself from laughing as Lin glared daggers at him.

"That isn't what she meant. AT ALL! So clear that gutter mind and focus!"

"Oh I am focused as I try to figure out how you found yourself some strange tail without me knowing. Must have been that last tapestry I went into. Were you lonely?"

"Strange tail? What er... Gods! Quit thinking! Your so foul sometimes and your one to talk, you've never even been with a female!"

"And you have? My, my Lin never expected th..."

"THAT IS IT!" Min's laughter was cut short as Lin suddenly rose and lunged at him, slamming into him with the force only an angry Dragoness could muster. Using all her weight she pinned Min to the cobblestone. "Say it! SAY IT YOU FOUL MOUTHED ELFLING!"

"Nev... Er... You... Lizard..."

"Get comfortable then..."


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

Lin looks down at the uncomfortable Min. "I Guess play time is over, although... You can wait until its official."

Min renews his struggles only to be more tired and pinned more firmly. "Smarta$$ Lizard... You'll.... pay for.... this."

Lin rumbles with laughter as Min remains trapped. Waiting for the saving grace of outside foreces to save him from his predicament.


@Damian, @Aylaeth, @Livain, @Min: The four of you come blasting through the door, Livain firing as she goes, and enter a room already in action. Several creatures are looking up at your door as if they expected you to enter, and many already have weapons drawn. Livain's arrow went for a very likely target -- roughly three dozen Black Dragonflight orcs and gnolls are on the ground, in their armor, and her arrow rockets out and hammers through an orc's throat, killing it instantly. It is only after it falls to the ground that you all see; the creature was not only unarmed, but in manacles, and therefore completely helpless.

You are on a balcony about 40' in the air, overlooking a sacrificial room of some sort. There are stairways to your left and right, and the balcony continues all the way around the room, which is ovoid, and perhaps 200' long by 100' wide or so. At the far end is a 10' high dais on which sits a badly blood-smeared altar. Indeed, fresh blood is pooling on the altar right now, collecting in specially-designed channels, and pouring down through holes in the dais. Behind the altar are a pair of large devils; one is a Bone Devil, those torturers of the infernal planes, and the other is one you don't immediately recognize, though it is fearsome-looking. The thing is over 15 feet tall and has piggy eyes and a piggy snout, and a mane of dry, disgusting black hair.

Curiously, behind these two devils is a pair of very aristocratic-looking and handsome fellows. One is a human, the other is an elf. Both are clad in finery, and have silver-trimmed ivory vestments bearing the symbol of the Red Dragonflight over their heart. The elf has an addition seal on his shoulder that looks like a seven-handed clock.

On the floor, which is stone, the black dragonflight warriors appear to be slowly carving channels in the floor. After you burst in and Livain shot one of them, they dully return to their task. All of them look completely worn down and spiritless, as if all fight or hope has been wrung from them.

Around all these slaves is a ring of guards and jailors, all of whom are elves or humans and in quality plate mail, and all have their crossbows drawn and ready, those that have such weapons, while the others have swords ou. All are keeping one eye on you and one on the dais, awaiting a command.

The elf holds up his right hand, clearly a signal to the fighters to wait for his command. A look of curiosity comes over his elegant features. "You're not Ormirians. We were expecting Ormirians, possibly even that foul, fat bastard the Baron himself. So who, then, are you?" He calls out. "Identify yourselves."

The sound of distressed children still fills the air, as does the sound of arcane chanting.

DC20 K(Dungeoneering):
The rock in these walls is a southern volcanic type, meaning you are most likely currently located in the southern jungles around Dambulla and Maho.

DC31 K(Planes):
The other devil is known as a Ghaddar, and is impossibly ruthless and evil. It's a CR16 creature. No joke.

DC15 K(Nature):
The children are not human, nor elven, nor any of the fairer races. If you had to guess, you'd say they're orcs, or similar. There's no way you would have been able to tell this from behind multiple closed doors, and in fact even now you're still a little unsure exactly what race they are.

DC18 K(Arcana):
The spell being cast is a simple preparatory incantation, like one might cast at the beginning of the creation of a magic weapon or other magically-imbued artifact, but the spell is being made permanent, and taking much, much longer than it should.

Here is a map. Might have to click on "Volcano Sacrifice Room".

AL-8&9 -- door from which you hear young children crying
Y-1 -- door from which you hear arcane chanting


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

Whoo-hoo! Let the fun begin! Also, remember gang, Min and Aylaeth have Protection from Evil cast on them, Damian has Bears Endurance and we all have Message and Haste on us. If DRA will allow it, since she was indeed with us, I will say that Aylaeth cast Bears Endurance on Livain as well. And, awesome map DRA! Oh, and does Aylaeth recognize the clock seal on the elf's shoulder?

Knowledge(Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Knowledge(Planes): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35

With her senses and everything else magically sped up, time seems to slow for the magus scholar as a flood of information processes through her finely trained mind. As the realizations hit her, she shares them in a whisper with her companions "By this rock I know we are likely in the southern jungles around Dambulla and Maho. The children..the children are not human or elf nor any of the fairer races. If I had to guess, I'd say they're orcs, or similar. But it is hard to say for sure exactly what race they are. Finally, that spell, it should be a simple one but it...seems Wrong somehow, and I do not like the sound of it at all. Does anyone recognize that bigger devil?"

As she shares the information her mind also processes her next, best course of action. She realized that here might be an excellent chance to gain valuable information, and this gives her a moment's pause. Also, her realization that the children were likely of a monstrous race gives her brief pause. But no! They were still children and therefore innocent. What to do? Parley? Go after the children? It takes her but a split second though to reach her conclusion. That was their dire enemy, the Red Dragonflight down there. And Devils! No there would be no parely here! And while she still believed the children needed to be rescued, she would have to leave that to the others, for she knew she needed to stop that casting, at all costs. Glancing quickly to see if her Captain had any commands which would countermand her intended actions, if none are forthcoming, she acts!

Hoping to first shake up the devils and the obvious leaders she gestures and sends a massive exploding ball of lighting which covers the entire alter blasting everyone on it.
SA
Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Lightning Ball DC20: 8d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 2, 6, 2, 6, 1, 4) = 31
CL check vs SR with Hero Point: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26

Immediately after casting her spell, with her enhanced speed she begins running along the balcony towards the door from which the arcane chanting emanates.
MA
(with her hasted speed, I think she should be able to make it to 1-M, or 0-M, wherever the balcony path is.)

Stats:

Round 0, Init 8, Altitude 40'
AC 27, HP 62/62
Buffs: Message, Protection from Evil, Haste, Aid, +3 quarterstaff (total)
Special: Electricity Resistance 10, Acid Resistance 20
Arcane Pool: 3/10
Spells: Lv1:0, Lvl2:2, Lvl3:1

As well, wanted to note that I happened to post first here, but Aylaeth did specifically wait a beat to see of Damian had something different planned, and if so, she will alter her actions accordingly


@Lin and @Tora'an: In the strange, wide tunnel under the wharf in Stormfare, your battle is joined. As Lin's icy breath annihilates a small group of kobolds, Tora'an's mighty jaws destroy another one. The paladine, their morale boosted by the sight of a Celestial Pegasus Lord and a Silver Dragon fighting at their side, surge forward in careful formation and cut down another half-dozen. Unfortunately, there are more kobolds rushing in to replace those that fell.

Many more. Some are curiously taller and bulkier than normal kobolds. Enhanced-looking, one might say, not unlike the orcs and gnolls of the Black Dragonflight, except there does not appear to be any strange magical aura around these creatures, like there is around Veriala's armies; they're just...bigger.

It is a group of these enhanced creatures that surges forward, yelling in draconic and jabbing at you with spears. They score hits on both Tora'an's glistening flank and Lin's shining scales, drawing blood. Again they shout in draconic.

If you speak draconic:
"Protect the passage! Keep safe the children! The heathens must not pass! For victory! For Kalaroth!"

Round 1, Initiative 5
2 enhanced kobolds vs. Lin:
FRA: Charge Lin (AC25?):
1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 2 = 26
1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
2 enhanced kobolds vs. Tora'an:
FRA: Charge Tora'an (AC22?):
1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 2 = 23
1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 = 29
Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 3) + 8 = 16

Enhanced Kobold Stats:
AC23/12/21, HP40
Saves: F/R/W 6/5/3
CMD: 22

Initiative Reminder:
Tora'an: 22
Lin: 21
Paladine: 18
Kobolds: 5

Back around to Tora'an!


Yup, that's right his AC is 22, except last round was 20 due to charge. Unless their weapons are evil though, his DR helps a fair bit

As the enhanced Kobolds charge and score hits, Tora'an's celestial nature helps reduce the damage done to him. Still, enraged at the affront, the mighty steed rears and delivers the full force of his might to one of the larger kobolds in front of him
Bite: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Hoof1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Hoof2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Yet the creature's armor and dexterity serve to protect it from the pegasus lord's multiple attacks.

Round 2, Init 22
AC 22(20 during charge) HP 54/60
Buffs: None
F/R/W 9/8/6 (+4 vs poison; immune to petrification)
Damage Reduction(Su): 5/evil
Cold Resistance(Ex): 5 Acid Resistance(Ex): 5 Electricity Resistance(Ex): 5 Fire Resistance(Ex): 10
Spell Resitance: 10


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Min's Stats:

AC: 24 (26 against evil)
HP:61/61 F/R/W: 7/11/6
CMD: 26
Move Speed: 60ft
Attack bonus: +1 (+1 additional attack with FAA)
Save Bonus +1 Ref
Buffs: Resist Cold 10, Resist Acid 20, Immune to Sleep, Haste, Protection from Evil

Haste
When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with one natural or manufactured weapon. The attack is made using the creature's full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation. (This effect is not cumulative with similar effects, such as that provided by a speed weapon, nor does it actually grant an extra action, so you can't use it to cast a second spell or otherwise take an extra action in the round.)

A hasted creature gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves. Any condition that makes you lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) also makes you lose dodge bonuses.

All of the hasted creature's modes of movement (including land movement, burrow, climb, fly, and swim) increase by 30 feet, to a maximum of twice the subject's normal speed using that form of movement. This increase counts as an enhancement bonus, and it affects the creature's jumping distance as normal for increased speed. Multiple haste effects don't stack. Haste dispels and counters slow.

Protection from evil

This spell wards a creature from attacks by evil creatures, from mental control, and from summoned creatures. It creates a magical barrier around the subject at a distance of 1 foot. The barrier moves with the subject and has three major effects.

First, the subject gains a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves. Both these bonuses apply against attacks made or effects created by evil creatures.

Second, the subject immediately receives another saving throw (if one was allowed to begin with) against any spells or effects that possess or exercise mental control over the creature (including enchantment [charm] effects and enchantment [compulsion] effects, such as charm person, command, and dominate person). This saving throw is made with a +2 morale bonus, using the same DC as the original effect. If successful, such effects are suppressed for the duration of this spell. The effects resume when the duration of this spell expires. While under the effects of this spell, the target is immune to any new attempts to possess or exercise mental control over the target. This spell does not expel a controlling life force (such as a ghost or spellcaster using magic jar), but it does prevent them from controlling the target. This second effect only functions against spells and effects created by evil creatures or objects, subject to GM discretion.

Third, the spell prevents bodily contact by evil summoned creatures. This causes the natural weapon attacks of such creatures to fail and the creatures to recoil if such attacks require touching the warded creature. Summoned creatures that are not evil are immune to this effect. The protection against contact by summoned creatures ends if the warded creature makes an attack against or tries to force the barrier against the blocked creature. Spell Resistance can allow a creature to overcome this protection and touch the warded creature.

K: Arcana 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Min looked down from the balcony, a mixture of horror and rage twisting his guts but the sight of the Red Dragonflight brought his emotions down to an unsteady calm. Seeing what they had done to their own comrades he couldn't help but feel pity for the Black dragonflight soldiers. Strangely he didn't feel at odds with that pity, despite all they had done and taken from him, his world had been changing and now he had to move with the tide. "No matter what the race they're coming with us today. Don't kill the helpless ones, I will focus on the soldiers and Livain you take the demons. Aylaeth assist Livain, we need to take those big bastards down. What do you think Captain?"

Min readied himself for the inevitable combat that lie ahead of them, they had no other course except fight or flight. And most likely it wouldn't be flight.

Not going to state any actions until combat begins.


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

As several of the Kobolds fell to her breath Lin stood her ground and faced the coming onslaught of Kobolds. Despite their strange appearance and their warcries, nothing would help them prevail against the majestic silver dragon in her resplendent Izmirian armor. As the pair of Kobolds charged her with their spears she brought her teeth down on one before he could complete his charge...

Bite Attack >=21 AC = Miss1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Her teeth barely miss the little cretins head as she snaps her jaws just after he ducks down and scores a quick stab with its spear. With a growl she unleashes the full fury of her draconic strength in a slashing torrent of teeth and claws...

FAA Bite/Claw/Claw
Bite Attack = Crit Fumble1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Claw Attack = hit/Negated by crit fumble 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

Claw Attack 2 = Miss 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

In her fatigued state she stumble on the second attempt to tear into the cretin with her fangs and fouls up her attempts to rake the kobold with her claws. However she remains on her feet and growls menacingly at the kobolds as she shouts to the fighting Paladine. "We must take this passage! Drive these cretins back in the name of Righteousness!"


Male Human Battle Herald 11

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Intimidate 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

Damian steels himself, exhausted from his earlier battles. He speaks softly to himself and the others, "The Inheritor would not lead us beyond our abilities. Children of mortals are innocents, or at least have the potential for good. We must save them. It is our responsibility and our duty." He fills his sword with a great light and points it towards the elf who speaks to them. His voice fills the cavernous hall, giving it the cadence of a divine judgment. "We are the Skyknights, Blessed by the Inheritor! Surrender these innocents to us immediately and stop this ritual, or face the wrath of Iomedae's justice!" He nods to Aylaeth, letting her blast of lightning act as a exclamation point to the threat.


Male Human Battle Herald 11

Bump.


@Lin and @Tora'an: The kobolds continue to fight, though it is becoming more and more clear that theirs is a lost cause. If it were only the paladins they fought, then they would undoubtedly have more of a chance, but it is clear they did not expect to be facing the likes of you in addition to local soldiers. After the paladine eliminate more and wound others, The spiteful draconic cousins press the attack.

Round 2, Initiative 5
2 enhanced kobolds vs. Lin:
FRA: Charge Lin (AC25):
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
2 enhanced kobolds vs. Tora'an:
FRA: Charge Tora'an (AC22):
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Enhanced Kobold Stats:
AC23/12/21, HP40
Saves: F/R/W 6/5/3
CMD: 22

Initiative Reminder:
Tora'an: 22
Lin: 21
Paladine: 18
Kobolds: 5

Back around to Tora'an!


DM Rolls:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Initiative order:
Ghaddar - 25
Red Dragonflight foot soldiers - 17
Min - 12
Captain Lamorak - 11
Aylaeth - 8
Priests of Kalaroth - 7

No surprise round. Aylaeth, you can change your stated action to something more appropriate after you find out what these guys do, if you want.

Combat post coming later tonight.


@Maiathreen: You come barreling out of the barracks, over a dozen giant warbanian warriors trailing you. Gray,the Pharasman priest, is still watching over the tapestries, and of course does not make any move to hinder your progress. In fact, he seems oddly preoccupied, almost mesmerized.

You walk into the tapestry and come out into the hallway (As described before), to your left is one door, from behind which you hear arcane speech and strident voices, and to the right is a second door, behind which is silence.


Just after Sir Damian's words ring out, and as Aylaeth appears to be readying a spell, the pig-eyed devil none of you can identify rears up to its full height of over 15 feet tall and spews forth a stream of infernal spellcasting, then yells at you in Common as it hammers its fist on the ground. "THE INHERITOR IS BLIND TO THIS PLACE, MORTAL FLESHBAGS, AND YOU WILL BURN IN THE FIRES OF HELL FOR TRESPASSING!"

Even before it is done talking, roaring flames shoot up out of the floor and up to the ceiling, immolation all of you where you stand. You are unable to see if Sir Damian's words had any effect on those present, as the flames now obscure your vision.

Round 1, Initiative 25 - Ghaddar
MA: remain positioned between you and the priests, granting them both cover and partial concealment
SA: Cast Wall Of Fire (no save)
You all take 2d4 + 2d6 + 16 ⇒ (3, 3) + (6, 2) + 16 = 30 damage

Round 1, Initiative 17 - Foot Soldiers
All those with swords hold their action
Those with crossbows declare a Readied Action: as soon as one of you appears outside the flame, they shoot.

bad guy stats:

Ghaddar: AC 33/13/28
HP 250
Saves: F/R/W 14/15/12
CMD 44
SR 27

Foot Soldiers: AC 25/12/25
HP 85
Saves: F/R/W 10/5/6(8)
CMD 23

Min is up!


Female Silastrix Archer 11 - HP 93 AC 24, T 16, Flat 18 - F+7 R+8 W+ 4 Init +8; Senses: Darkvision Low-Light Vision)

initiative 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 hmm does this mean I can move out of the fire...only problem is if I go forward I'm going to be pin cushioned...


Female Silastrix Archer 11 - HP 93 AC 24, T 16, Flat 18 - F+7 R+8 W+ 4 Init +8; Senses: Darkvision Low-Light Vision)

misses my edit Window.. I have an idea for how to take out the jailers... but Damian isn't going to like what happens to the captives....


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

Far as I understand in Livain since you beat their Init, you can move and act before the crossbow wielders get to shoot. And, while Aylaeth probably won't like it either, I say (as would Jorzan were he here ; ) Screw the captives! Fire away! : D (PS, I think the Captian was talking about the baby orcs in the other room, not these grown up ones. But MIN will likely have a stern word or two for you! )


Fully in the thick of it now, Tora'an lashes out with all the weapons available to him, hooves flying and teeth ripping. His powerful dentures managing to tear a hunk of flesh off of one of the bigger Kobolds and one of his hooves cloving in another smaller kobold's skull.

Bite: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Hoof1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Hoof2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Bite Damage: 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Hoof1 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Round 3, Init 22
AC 22(20 during charge) HP 47/60
Buffs: None
F/R/W 9/8/6 (+4 vs poison; immune to petrification)
Damage Reduction(Su): 5/evil
Cold Resistance(Ex): 5 Acid Resistance(Ex): 5 Electricity Resistance(Ex): 5 Fire Resistance(Ex): 10
Spell Resitance: 10


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

Initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Knowledge Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
Knowledge Arcane: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25
Knowledge Planes:1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
... DRA I just want you to know your evil... See I made your little dc for the knowledge planes roll... Good god man...

Maiathreen steps into the tunnel and is assaulted by the gagging stench of old blood, viscera, and gore.


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Round 2, Initiative 12

Min's stats:

AC: 24 (26 against evil) (26/28 if he has cover/ is being shot at by evil people~)
HP:31/61
F/R/W: 7/11/6
CMD: 26
Move Speed: 60ft
Attack bonus: +1 (+1 additional attack with FAA)
Save Bonus +1 Ref
Buffs: Resist Cold 10, Resist Acid 20
Immune to Sleep

Other buffs: Haste, Protection from Evil

Haste

When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with one natural or manufactured weapon. The attack is made using the creature's full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation. (This effect is not cumulative with similar effects, such as that provided by a speed weapon, nor does it actually grant an extra action, so you can't use it to cast a second spell or otherwise take an extra action in the round.)

A hasted creature gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves. Any condition that makes you lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) also makes you lose dodge bonuses.

All of the hasted creature's modes of movement (including land movement, burrow, climb, fly, and swim) increase by 30 feet, to a maximum of twice the subject's normal speed using that form of movement. This increase counts as an enhancement bonus, and it affects the creature's jumping distance as normal for increased speed. Multiple haste effects don't stack. Haste dispels and counters slow.

Protection from evil

This spell wards a creature from attacks by evil creatures, from mental control, and from summoned creatures. It creates a magical barrier around the subject at a distance of 1 foot. The barrier moves with the subject and has three major effects.

First, the subject gains a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves. Both these bonuses apply against attacks made or effects created by evil creatures.

Second, the subject immediately receives another saving throw (if one was allowed to begin with) against any spells or effects that possess or exercise mental control over the creature (including enchantment [charm] effects and enchantment [compulsion] effects, such as charm person, command, and dominate person). This saving throw is made with a +2 morale bonus, using the same DC as the original effect. If successful, such effects are suppressed for the duration of this spell. The effects resume when the duration of this spell expires. While under the effects of this spell, the target is immune to any new attempts to possess or exercise mental control over the target. This spell does not expel a controlling life force (such as a ghost or spellcaster using magic jar), but it does prevent them from controlling the target. This second effect only functions against spells and effects created by evil creatures or objects, subject to GM discretion.

Third, the spell prevents bodily contact by evil summoned creatures. This causes the natural weapon attacks of such creatures to fail and the creatures to recoil if such attacks require touching the warded creature. Summoned creatures that are not evil are immune to this effect. The protection against contact by summoned creatures ends if the warded creature makes an attack against or tries to force the barrier against the blocked creature. Spell Resistance can allow a creature to overcome this protection and touch the warded creature.

MA: move to I-13, using balcony for partial cover(?)

With magic speeding him forward Min dashed out of the flames, his tabard was scorched and pieces wee crumbling off of it as he used the balcony for cover. Despite the great amount of pain he was in he was focused, so focused that even the flying crossbow bolts failed to distract him from stricking his target. The deamon's words did not have the affect it was hoping for as Min nocked a mourning dove arrow and raised Avenaada as he pulled back fully on the bowstring. "is that the best you've got daemon? Perhaps you didn't hear us, so open your ears and listen! WE ARE THE SKYKNIGHTS AND WE TREAD WHERE THE HELL WE PLEASE!!" He let the mourning dove arrow fly with brutal accuracy, striking his opponent in the midsection and immediately its eyes began to dim as the magic of the mourning dove took hold. As the daemon began to waver he looked down at the many foes standing before them, shouting once more in a loud and confident voice. "We've come to free the children, so stand aside, or fall, the choice is yours!"

SA: Attack Ghaddar with Avenaada +Haste +Hero point, 1/8 hero points remaining... 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 1 + 8 = 38
-------------> Damage 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Ghaddar will save vs DC 17 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

hopefully this works or else I will be a hurting unit... Wall of fire first round... Holy shiza!


Female Silastrix Archer 11 - HP 93 AC 24, T 16, Flat 18 - F+7 R+8 W+ 4 Init +8; Senses: Darkvision Low-Light Vision)

Round 1, Init 24, Altitude 40' AC 22, HP 39/69 Buffs: gravity bow, and haste

Livain could see flames all round like a wall of scarlet and gold waves dancing about as if writhing in agony. She finally made her way out of it but not without a price. She could smell the sickly sweet intoxicating aroma of charred flesh. She inhaled deeply and for a moment savoring the scent. She quickly snapped out of her pained delusion realizing that the scent she was taking in was her own scorched flesh. The fragrance of charred flesh was one that she knew all too well. Before her were the Black Dragon slaves. For once it was them at her mercy and not she at theirs. Livain’s was frozen for a moment but a painful memory possessed her like a demon seducing its prey. She could feel her fingers pull the arrow back ready for release in an almost mechanical motion. She was hypnotized by their eyes, yes their eyes! Those eyes shared the same soul that was harbored within the two beasts that slaughtered her beloved brother. To Livain the Black Dragon troops all shared the same perverse and empty soul. The scent of the burning flesh beneath the tar whispered its way into her nostrils like the faintest perfume wafting from her memories. She could still hear the thud of her brother’s body like a repetitive echo clawing its way out of her skull. The empty sounds her brother made as he pushed his last breath from seared lips. For a moment she was lost in time. How beautifully the ash fell all around her she thought. She watched as each little flake fell to the ground. A small flake landed on her lashes like a dying dove to a branch. She shook her head as though reality had assaulted her hypnotic and tormented day dream. She let her head fall to the side while her killing instinct removed all mercy from her blood. Her anger consumed her like the flames she staggered from. Her eyes were cold and unblinking reminiscent of a serpent ready to strike. At that moment, unbridled rage pulsed through her fingers as she released each arrow in a maniacal yet deadly-precise rhythm. She had mounted two flame strike arrows and fired them to the left. She proceeded by firing another pair of arrows to the right and ending with a last one flying straight in the middle. She played her bow like a deadly harp plucking tunes of destruction and chaos for all her enemies. A small grin was born from her lips blossoming into a snarling grimace. “For my brother” she thought to herself.

Attacks:

Manyshot arrows are aimed at m/n-3
Second Shot for op-14
Rapid Shot arrow for z-13
Haste arrow for aa-8

Attack Manyshot:1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27
Rapidshot:1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20
Second Shot:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Haste:1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37

Manyshot Damage:3d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 5) = 113d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 5) = 11
Rapidshot Damage:6d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 5, 3, 1, 5) = 20
Second Shot Damage:6d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 1, 2, 6, 3) = 19
Haste:12d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 3, 2, 1, 3, 6, 5, 1, 6, 4, 1) = 44


using 1 hero point to re-roll second shot1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
edit didn't see the crit..1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22
12d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 3, 2, 5, 5, 1, 4) = 45


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

That's my wife. ^__^ Amazing as always.


Female Silastrix Archer 11 - HP 93 AC 24, T 16, Flat 18 - F+7 R+8 W+ 4 Init +8; Senses: Darkvision Low-Light Vision)
Maiathreen Gyssearnith wrote:
That's my wife. ^__^ Amazing as always.

:) Thank you sweetie


Huge Female Silver Dragon 9 HP 79/79 DR 5/magic AC-28, T-12, Flat-26, F+9, R+8, W+8 Init +2; Senses: Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision, Scent; Per +13

Round 2, Initiative 21

Lin Stats:

CMD 24 (28 vs. Trip)
F/R/W:: +7/+7/+7
Darkvision 60ft, Scent , 10ft reach bite attack
Immune to Sleep, Cold, Paralysis
Breath Weapons (45-ft cone of Cold, 4d8) (2/day) (DC 15)

FAA - Claws have +1 Magic bonus
Bite Attack 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 - 2 = 12
Claw Attack 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 12 - 2 = 16
Claw Attack 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 - 2 = 29
1d6 + 4 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 + 4 = 13

Despite her injuries Lin stood her ground firmly and lashed out at the strange kobold that had injured her. It was nimble though, dodging her bite, but sadly it danced right into her claws as she rose up on her haunches and lashed out with all her front claws. As it jumped sideways to avoid her first swipe it landed right as she came at him with her last strike. Her blow was powerful, raking the kobold's side and spilling its blood on the stone floor.

As her opponent staggers she settles back down on all fours heavily, clawing the stone and scattering shattered pebbles as she glared down on their many foes. Her voice carried above the din of combat as she hoped these creatures had reason. "Myonhuhuiratyihu eraty Un bahuyliunmyi ray niehuli myniechch stylii dry anyonhu stniunchtyhuira! Zinian kunfii onba anyonhu chunfiimy ziniira wunknidrunrak unmy wondrunchi!"

Draconic:

"Surrender and I promise no harm shall come to your children! Why give up your lives when fighting is futile!"

She helld her ground, menacing the next wave that dared come out her with their spears or blades.

Lin's Diplomacy is +6, didn't know if there would be time to use diplomacy but its here if you want it DRA. :)


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

The door to the sacrificial chamber should be open right?


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Other then the wall of fire, I believe so yes... =)


Maiathreen Gyssearnith wrote:
The door to the sacrificial chamber should be open right?

It is not, actually. It re-closed. you can hear the shouting behind it, though, obviously.

2,551 to 2,600 of 3,728 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Legacy of Marianasu - DM Downrightamazed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.