Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Last Forge (Inactive)

Game Master drawesome1111

Deep in the halls of Kel Mar, the last dwarven stronghold, an echo stirs. Heroes are called forth to save their homes and traditions, lest they be lost forever...


401 to 450 of 582 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

One of the creatures moves forward to Belvica's hand and sniffs at it...then bites the jerky in half and steps back a pace swallowing the meat.


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

That's the idea... You'd think between the two of you country-bumpkins, that would have been instinct. Now, pet the damn thing!


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica gently scoops up the animal in her arms and feeds it some more moose jerky then she holds it like a baby, gently rocking it back and forth.

She afterwards walks over to Morg and whispers in its ear and Morg attempts to pet it and when he does...

Snap It bites his arm.

The animal cooes at Belvica and she says, "She doesn't like you being mean and loud, I think I will name her Tysi after my friend from Kibwe."


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Though Sturgiss has been released for the moment in his duties to guard the King, he doesn't really trust the situation. He'll try to stay close enough to the King to come running if needed without being intrusive.


The Forest
The creature coos softly as Belvica pets it. Perception please
----------------------------------------------------------
Sturgiss

You continue following the king down a long hallway and a set of stairs until you come to a small conference room. The table has been set up with foods of various kinds as well as wine and ale. Around the table are various humans of different ages. As you enter the room the man at the far end of the table stands and smiles. He moves around to embrace the king. "Arken my old friend! It has been a long time. Good to see you. Who do you have with you?"

The king introduces him as Dorian, steward of the wall and former warrior of the eastern realms. He then motions to you to introduce yourself.


Gidma Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Firbell Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Firbell smiles at being called a bumpkin, having never been accused of that before, but not denying the moniker, and sighs a quiet sigh of relief they didn't slaughter these apparently docile animals in their haste. "I'm surprised Morg, running into strange new animals in the deep can often be a fatal meeting. I do appreciate your level-head though. Everything up here is pretty strange to me."


Male Paladin, AC 17, HP12, F4, R2 W2

After a few moments, Thoradin notices no one enters the room, he pats his hip to make sure his Warhammer is there, then slowly Opens the Door..

"Well.. what are ye wating fer? some fan fair? I've got work te do, so don't be wasting me time.."


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

It's a baby. But where there's babies, there's mothers.


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

"Hmm". "Ah". "Yes". "Sturgiss Fauxbeard of the Cinderstone Deep Clan, at your service". Sturgiss replies with an embarrassed bow.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

or fathers


Forest
It is Morg who sees it first, the larger beast coming out of the grove behind the young ones. Almost as if on cue by his words. It looks to Belvica and then to the young one and lets out a loud SNARL. Initiative is still active
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Thoradin
The man standing at your door is holding a book studying intently. He looks up when you come near and looks startled. "Oh yes, sorry. Are you Thoradin uh... Spanglehelm? I'm Keris Maddock, I've been sent here to greet you and welcome you to a dinner this evening. Since you are a guest we allow you the opportunity." He smiles broadly and shuts the book.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sturgiss
The king takes a seat and offers you a place at his side. Dorian looks around the room, "We may as well start eating, there may be a few stragglers, but it would be a shame to let this food go to waste." He waves a hand and the serving dishes lift off the table about an inch and begin to float around infront of each person slowly. The other individuals begin taking food off the dishes and heaping it onto their own plates.


Male Paladin, AC 17, HP12, F4, R2 W2

"Aye, only if it doesn't take long. I have weapons and Armor to repair for the soldiers here. Pray tell me, whats this Dinner all about?"


Can you list what the init is for us to see? If that's too meta I'm fine either way.

Firbell gasps at the sight of the parent and quickly casts a spell with a murmured word. Cast Speak with Animals He then starts speaking to the beast, as if the animal would be able to understand him. "Please don't attack! We found your kids and will not harm them. We will leave if you want." Good think we missed them! he thinks to himself as he stares at the large animal.


Thoradin
"The steward is offering a dinner for guests of the wall. There is a special guest coming in this evening and it is somewhat in his honor." The man gestures for your to follow him.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forest
The creature tilts its head confused by Firbell's comment."How you speak to me..? You humans hurt us, make us pain... My young, don't hurt them!" It growls again.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica smiles at the creature while holding its baby in her arms while feeding it moose jerky which the baby is eating greedily, "I was just feeding your youngin some moose jerky, would you like some?" She tries to curtsy.

Wild Empathy 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 - 1 = 19

She then walks over to the parent hand gives it some jerky as well.

"It tastes yummy. Me name be Belvica Insnareba, what be yours?"

As she hands the baby back to its parent.


Male Paladin, AC 17, HP12, F4, R2 W2

" Alright lad, do I need to come now, or can I clean up a bit?"

If given the chance to clean up, Thoradin will Remove his Armor, Bath, and put on his Dress Tunic, along with his Tabard depicting Torg's Anvil and Hammer. Thoradin Straps his warhammer to his belt aswell as his Holy Symbol


I know I'm going out of init, so stop me any time.

Firbells eyes widen as his spell works, never having tried it above ground before, "Only speak very quick. We won't hurt." He keeps his hands open and down at his sides. "This only lasts a minute." he says in quiet tones to the others.


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Sturgiss tries to eat the same thing as the king, and eat it before the king tastes it. He keeps a wary eye on all around him. It's obvious the king is at ease, but not Sturgiss.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 Sense Motive


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

Recognizing his purpose is served, Morg drops to sit on the ground with his back to a near by tree or large rock.

Spellcraft, spell used: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


Forest
The larger creature takes the jerky from your hand gingerly. It chews on the tough meat and then looks at its young. It tries to speak to Belvica, but all she hears are squawks and growls.

Firbell:
You hear, "mmm, tough meat yummy. You no seem wrong. Why you here? You have more tough meats?" also roll me a d100 in private please.

The creature nuzzles at Belvica's bag as if it's rooting around.

One of the smaller creatures walks over to Morg and sniffs at his bag on the ground.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dinner

Sturgiss:
You don't see anything wrong with the food.

As you eat a human next to you at the table turns and speaks to you. "So what brings you to the wall stranger? Other than your king that is?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thoradin
"Of course you may clean up a bit, but I can't say how much food will be left when you do." He smiles and laughs slightly. He gives you directions to the room where food is served and walks off down the hallway.


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

Morg opens his bag, testing what's in there... and giving the chick/pup what it wants.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Your spellbook, lol


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

Morg offers morsels of leftover jerky from the morning, as well as some dried rat haunch, replete with small crunchy bone. The deformed dwarf assumes the creature is a carnivore.

Traveling Spellbook, smaller... fits in underpants! J/K! LOL.


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Well...I don't know if you're familiar with the Cinderstone Deep Clan". "You'd have no reason to be, but to make a long story short...I'm the last one". "So I guess you could say that the winds of chance, and of course the guidance of Angradd led me here". "Sturgiss is the name...what's your story, and how do you know the king"?


Male Paladin, AC 17, HP12, F4, R2 W2

"Alright, Point Taken, I'll come now.

Thoradin pats the dust from his travels off, and attempts to run any soot off his face before heading off after the other Dwarf


Forest
The creature gladly chomps up the food and you see the others come over and start sniffing around you making all sorts of squawking and growling noises.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dinner
"I'm on business for the human capitol in Kel Fair. There is a group there interested in potentially using some land west of the wall for growth and beneficence." He frowns slightly, "Oops I'm not sure I should've shared all that, it seems the wine is getting to me." He shakes his head and takes another bite of food.

Suddenly you hear a knock at the door, you see a tall scholarly looking man and a dwarf wearing dusty traveling garb.


Male Paladin, AC 17, HP12, F4, R2 W2

Giving a Quick glance around the room, making eye contact with Each person in the room, Thoradin takes a step forward

" Greetings goodly folk, I am Thoradin Spanglehelm, Devotee of Torag. Thank you for Inviting me to your dinner."


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

Make friends, official-like... We might need its help later. Ask it about good hunting. Morg continues to play with the hatchlings on the ground.


Crickets chirping?


Male Paladin, AC 17, HP12, F4, R2 W2

waiting for the into to move forward


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

What DC Survival to catch/eat the crickets?


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

I must admit, I'm kind of waiting for something to happen. I guess I could RP out eating :-)


Thor/Morg/Sturgiss:
sorry guys, I was waiting for Belvica and Firbell. They are kind of the leading point of the one half. Oh and by the way its a DC 20.

Dinner
Dorian welcomes you into the dining chamber. And offers you a place to sit. Feel free to continue RPing any convos then skip to this

After the meal the servants rush in and go to clean up the table and you are free to return to your rooms or stay up late chatting.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

My character cannot talk with the dohikeys...

Firbell, ask if theys wants to come wit us, we want to go hunting...


Firbell shakes his head, "In less than half a minute I'll lose the ability to talk to them." and to the beasts, "Well we are going to go hunting in these parts, is anything we can kill which would help your family?"


GM:
sorry, I forgot you'd asked me once already. My bad!
mystery roll: 1d100 ⇒ 98


Male Paladin, AC 17, HP12, F4, R2 W2

Thoradin give polite conversation to those sitting around him, and Enjoys his dinner, however, he is itching to get back to his Avil, and Evening Prayers...

My Fellows, I Have enjoyed your Dinner greatly, but unless there is something Important to be discussed, I'll be returning to my room and anvil, there is much work to be done..


Firbell:
You find that you due to your druidic nature you are beginning to understand these creatures somewhat. You gain the ability to understand these creatures for longer than 1 min. You can't necessarily speak to them, but you understand them.


Firbell has an epiphany of sorts, and shares this exciting discovery with the others. "Mother-load! I just realized that I can understand these creatures! While I won't be able to speak with them forever, my comprehension of what they are saying to me isn't completely diminished!" The balding dwarf seems quite ecstatic about this discovery.


Dinner
The meal ends and you head back to your rooms. The king makes his way to a room and points Sturgiss to a separate room for him.


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

"Thank you Highness". "If you need anything just holler".

If there is no guard at the King's door, Sturgiss will sneak back out in the hallway with a blanket and pillow, and sleep by his door.


Ok... we need to move forward somehow...Let's just fast forward to the morning. Those in the forest post an entry of waking up and reflecting on how the night ended for you, then we bring everyone together!


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Somehow someway through pantomime, ranger hand signals and druidic persuasion, the beasts and their new dwarven friends took off and were able to hunt for the afternoon bringing down an aurochs and a dire beaver before heading back to the barracks.

The commanding officer of the garrison seemed a might surprised seeing the group atop these magnificent beasts with their quarry lashed to their backs. Belvica was petting her friend baby Tysa while riding her father into the garrison. Some wisenheimer thought they should be put in the stables and Belvica brandished her battleaxe with a toothy grin and said "These being myse guestses and We bese withen em king, youse feels I?"

At dinner, the average dwarven trooper seemed to be completely confused that the beasts were sitting at a low table with Firbell, Morg and Belvica, breaking bread with the beasts and afterwards lots of ale was consumed and Tysa and her father slept in Belvica's quarters where she regalled everyone with songs in Polyglot.


Firbell let himself doze off, feeling flushed and excited about his breakthrough with the animals earlier. Gidma was still up, gazing steadily at him. He grinned and grabbed playfully at her head, and she nipped at his fingers, careful not to draw blood. "Don't worry Gidma, you'll always be the gal for me!" Gidma let her tongue loll out for a moment, and then laid her head down, apparently satisfied. His thoughts were thick with the hunt and Belvica's way with their new beastly friends. We should think of a name for them Firbell thought to himself as he drifted off to sleep.


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

Morg is simply thankful not to scavenging, to be dry and not jump at every turn. The 'king' seemed to have forgotten about him, and that was fine by Morg.

If there was an opportunity to wash, all the better. The two he spent the most time with didn't seem overly intellectual, but people came in all shapes and sizes... and they weren't drow, BONUS!

Life was good.


Male Paladin, AC 17, HP12, F4, R2 W2

in the Morning, Thoradin is up before the sunrise, Stoking the Forge, and Preparing for his Morning Prayers to Torag.

"Torag, Bless this Forge, and those who work it. May our Hammers Strike true, and shields never Break"


Sturgiss[i]
You wake up early in the morning to the king standing over you in the doorway of his room. "Was your bed not comfortable Master Sturgiss? he steps over you into the hallway, "You'd best get ready we are setting out soon."

Suddenly you feel a violent shaking in the ground and a loud CRASH noise.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
[i]Firbell

You wake to the feeling of the earth shaking and shuddering beneath you, you fall out of your bunk and land near Gidma who seems likewise flustered.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Belvica
Belvica wakes with an awful headache from her merriment the night before... however compounding this is the loud crashing sounds coming from outside her room and the fact that it feels like her whole bed is moving back and forth.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morg
In similar fashion you find yourself being awoken to a violent shaking and crashing in the stone around you.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thoradin
You begin your prayers to Torag as normal. As you sit before the glowing hearth and anvil you feel the tremors first. Various tools and smithing equipment bounce on the walls and the fire kicks up embers out of the firepit.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
EARTHQUAKE!!!! Note all your rooms are in the same hallway, just down from each other. How do you respond?


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

What the hells? Dammit! Hmmm... What if that idiot IS the fraggin' KING? Guess I should save his royal arse.

I travel light, so I grab my pack. KING! Belvica, Furball! Everybody up... Your Highness! Where are you?!


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, Sturgiss simply nods at the King, as he rises to his feet. Just as he begins to gather up his sleeping gear, and return it to his room, the earth begins to shake.

"Earthquake"! "Quickly, my king, we must find something sturdy to stand beneath". "Somewhere in the inside of the castle".

Growing up so near an active volcano, I'm assuming that Sturgiss is familiar with the earthquake rules.

Sturgiss searches his mind to come up with a suitable sanctuary, and hurries to the king's side, holding his heavy shield high to deflect any falling debris.


Male Paladin, AC 17, HP12, F4, R2 W2

Thoradin Grabs his Shield, and Runs out the door, looking to help organize an escape to Safety, Using the sheild to block any falling debris from other folk

" Quake! Everyone up and moving, look for a Sturdy arch to get under!

401 to 450 of 582 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chapter 1: In the Hall of the Mountain King All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.