Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Last Forge (Inactive)

Game Master drawesome1111

Deep in the halls of Kel Mar, the last dwarven stronghold, an echo stirs. Heroes are called forth to save their homes and traditions, lest they be lost forever...


351 to 400 of 582 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Firbell exchanges looks with Gidma, and then returns his looks back to the strange new dwarf in their midst, "Uhhh, what?"


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

me dones found him runns with ratman und spiderelves, lucky he might couldve beens shot Hahaha!!


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica then explains in detail how during her shift, how this went down.

She then grabs some of the ram takes a healthy bite out of it and smiles. "Goods nite rest?"

After finishing her food she packs her gear away and is ready to depart.


The king looks at Morg. "Do you do this regularly, just stop with random travelers? What is your purpose and where are you headed stranger, and no more riddles." He looks to Belvica curiously as well.

Wow this got out of hand.


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

Out of hand, why? I thought it was awesome!

The stranger scratches his head... as he decides what to say.

"I was enslaved in a mighty Drow Fortress for decades, finally managing to barely escape a few weeks ago. I bumped into my rat-friend, who the young lady met. He seemed nice enough, but not trying to kill me is nice enough when you're a recently escaped slave.

Been living day to day, getting used to my freedom. Surviving on what I can trick out of people or their good graces. I appear quite ignoble, you may have noticed.

I hadn't really thought of a purpose. You got one? I might expect one from a king or something, not too sure about you.

Do your boots get wet?" Morg laughs mightily...


Firbell gets indignant, "Hey you should treat a King with more respect." He seems to realize what the dwarf said, "You've been enslaved for decades!? However did you survive?" Can someone explain the boots wet thing to me? I'm feeling a little slow.


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

Potty humor. Crass, History of the World, Mel Brooks. If your "member" is shorter and doesn't reach the piss-boy's bucket... then your boots can get wet.


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Sense Motive

Sturgiss glares at the newcomer. "This is just to convenient". "Something is not right".


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

It wasn't too frakkin' convenient for over twenty years... But, if you think you would enjoy yerself... I can manage the introductions.


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

"I don't mean to be rude...but I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about". ''Are you speaking undercommon"?


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

Morg has been speaking Dwarven the whole time within the camp. Not sure if you're teasing him... or thought he really was.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica scratches her head and has been following the banter and then says, "Mayhaps he learned Dwarven from these drowy people."

She then turns to Morg, "I broughts you to ours camp, gaves youse some vittels and you's a been a might rude to my companions. Embarassing yours hostess bese not good.

She then walks over to the king. "My appologizes, your excellency!"

shoot, I thought you were giving my character food.


Firbell shakes his head, "I feel like we're getting off on the wrong wet boot... lets try again. I'm Firbell, this wolverine is Gidma, Belvica, and Sturgiss. We're on a quest with our King. It sounds like you've been through quite a bit." Firbell waves his hand through the air as if searching for words, unsure where to take the conversation.


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

Morg cranes his scrawny-for-a-dwarf neck, giving the king a once-over. He doesn't seem overly impressed. Shrugging he asks, "How long has he been king?"


The king straightens up and rests his hand on his weapon making sure Morg takes notice... "I have been king for nearing 50 years now. My father was king before me and his father before him." He looks frustrated.

"Now we have a matter of great importance to take care of. Whoever you are, leave now. And if someone sent you to spy on me or stop me... He leans in close and whispers menacingly."Take a message back from me, I will do this, and I won't allow anyone to interfere!" He waits to see a response from the newcomer.


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

Morg is still, knowing not to provoke a man when he's mentioned his pops.

"Look, you drive a hard bargain... My fee is one gold coin per day. If you are king, it shouldn't be too steep. And there's something to be done, you'll need me.

Morg 'Tinker' Blackflame, at yer service... Highness."


Firbell stares dumbfounded, "We are all serving his Highness as his subjects, surely you can do the same? I don't have all the information the King is privy to, but I am sure we're doing something important!" He scratches his head, trying to see if he recalls the length of his Kings reign thus far. Knowledge: Nobility? (Untrained, hoping for DC of 10 or less): 1d20 ⇒ 12


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica looks at Firbell for a second, shakes her head and says "Me not here cuz I be subject buts cuz me wanted to see what other dwarves be likes, then me sees magic marky and me beze with da king. You, Morgi, must not learn respect from slavin, them elvers done mustve beaten you near everry day cuz youz rude."

She looks around and then says "By us youze get fed withouts beggin or stealin, you ates my ram and best knows me brought him down... HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! You wonts starves wit us..."


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

Morg turns his head the slightest bit with the king's morning breath on his face. Umm. Meso beezuh thankeez?


lol


The king nods..."I will not be paying for your aid, especially when I do not know of your loyalties. You may accompany us as far as the wall then you must be on your way. And if I so much as notice a HINT of disloyalty I will not hesitate to end your journey." He continues to pack his things and mounts up.

Ok let's move on... Everyone roll one more day's worth of skill challenge.


Firbell shrugs, but gives what he hopes is a welcoming smile to Morg, and mounts up as well. At some point during the day he leans to Belvica, careful to keep his voice down, "Someone who can survive that long among Drow must be quite the survivor... but it seems to have addled his brain a little too."

During the day he often moves off with Gidma to looks for water, berries, game, and grubs to add to the nights meal. They do have rations, but it always helps to be prepared. Survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 Game turns out to be plentiful, and he fells a boar feeding next to a berry patch. He is forced to walk his animal back in order to bring in the heavy animal.

He keeps his eyes and ears open during this time, trying to see dangers before danger finds them. Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 He seems to have keener senses than normal and is sure to point out all the noises and interesting sights to the others.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

While hunting Belvica spots a moose and decides to bring it down. Survival Track 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20.

She chases it and kills it with a shot to the throat. She was forced to follow the bleeding animal for an hour before it finally bled out and meets the group at the wall just on time with the choicest cuts of meat lashed to the back of her mount. She then gives the wrack of antlers to the king as a gift.

Me hopes you likes!


Firbell smiles hugely as he sees what Belvica brought in, "It's a feast!"


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

Perception, clear rocks/crystals: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Morg avoids areas of bright light, preferring to stick to timelines and rocklines that provide some shade. As he walks, it is obvious he is looking for something on the ground.


The day goes by quickly and as dinner approaches you make it to the wall. Ahead of you the stone structure stands tall. You see a pair of guards who wave at you to halt as you approach.

"Documents please?" The king offers a diplomatic sigil and the guard looks taken aback. "Oh my...I'm sorry I didn't realize your highness. Please right this way."

He leads you through a door that leads into a stairwell heading down. After a few minutes the stairwell opens into a small room with a dining table and a few other guards sitting around eating and drinking. They bow when the king is introduced. He nods graciously then whispers something to the one who led you down. He smiles and they leave to walk out the door.

As they do the king turns and looks back to you. "Feel free to look about the wall. There is a great view over the human lands. Otherwise, make yourselves comfortable. I must meet with the commander here." He ducks out and lets you to your devices.

There's lots to do here, you can go for a walk(random enemies), Sparring, Various skill challenges, etc. Just let me know what your character would want to do at a military base. We'll introduce your newest member and set out in the AM."


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Earlier with Firbell "Me agrees, although I thoughts Drowy were crueler, would beat the sass out... HAHAHAHA!!!

As a ranger, Belvica would rather wander around outside, staying cooped up in a military base is not so interesting, she prefers the forests to houses but of course it isn't the savanna or jungle which she loves.

"Me goes wandering in forest, anyone want to comes?"


Firbell has become more and more accustomed to the wide open sky, and while he's not exactly comfortable, "I'll go with you!" He also would like to watch and possibly participate in sparring, and perhaps see if there's a competition for animal companions or 'trained animals' even though he doesn't truly consider Gidma his animal... he's just heard of such things before.


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

Morg seems hesitant. Unsure what to do... The "king" who seems to really hold some office of respect by the guardsman's reaction... didn't explicitly banish him when they reached the wall.

Belvica didn't exclude him from her invitation. Firbell didn't tell him to go away.

I'll come with you... for as long as you want, if you join me at a shop for a few minutes later. He grabs his pack and follows.


Alrighty then :) foresty time!

You ask a guard for directions and he points you down a stairwell. You go down several flights of stairs and come to a gate leading outside. You come out on a grassy plain. About 50 ft from you is a small copse of trees.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica moves swiftly with bow in hand towards the treeline keeping alert either for potential enemies or the next meal.

Les go scout!

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Firbell scampers after her, Gidma trundling along at his side. "Maybe theres a cave we can explore!"

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

You have moose, you lookin' for squirrel? Don't we have enough for weeks?


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

She turns back at the odd dwarf and says, "We dwarves eat lots,, between me, firbell, the king, sturgiss, and youse, the moose is almosts completely eaten excepts for jerkies for later, or you might not can hunt? HAHAHAHAH! You silly!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

I was hoping to bag a monster or something.


Firbell suddenly stops in his tracks, "Belvica, Morg, stop!" Assuming Morg is with us. Firbell points out a group of four legged creatures crouching in the grass between Belvica and the trees. Firbell pulls out his scimitar, ready to defend or retreat depending on what happens in the next few seconds.


ROLL INITIATIVE! 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Belvica's up what do you do?


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

She attacks with her shortbow using ranger's focus1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 7 damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


The arrow flies wide and you see one of the creature's poke its head out of the brush. Its eyes are a bright golden color and it has a beak like a bird of prey. However the rest of its head and body is covered in a soft grey fur. It cocks its head at your group and then makes a cooing noise.

Firbell is up next.


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

Are they chicks or pups? Do you just go and kill anything you come across?

Kn Arcana, ID magical beast: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Firbell pulls a sling out from a pouch at his waist as he walks closer to Belvica, quickly whirling it up to speed and readying to release it at the strange beaked beast. "I don't know what they are.. Gidma, Připravený!" Ready Ranged attack if any beasts move to attack
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 and Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Gidma ready a charge when any of the beasts close within 10' of any party member
Attack (charge bite): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14 and Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Confirm crit - Firbell readied attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 and Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

K (Nature): 1d20 ⇒ 18


Thoradin
You are standing in your room in the Wall, organizing your gear from the trip. You hear a knock at the door.


"I have read about these creatures. They are a magical combinations of falcons and dire wolves. They were created by the humans who were looking for alternative mounts. I don't recall what they are called. These seem to be the young version of the beasts I read about."


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

If this is the king's domain, don't they belong to him? They are probably quite valuable to mounted troops. Killing them, especially babies seems wrong. Halt the attack!


Firbell nods, his lips still pressed tight, as he stays readied to defend himself should the creatures turn hostile.


Male Paladin, AC 17, HP12, F4, R2 W2

"Aye, doors open, come on in'

Thoradin continues to un-pack his Smithing tools, while he waits the visitor to enter


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Firbell lets try to befriend the animal then
Knowledge Nature 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 She doesn't know what kind of animal it is.
Wild Empathy 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 + 1 = 17 she moves over to the animal and gives it some of the moose jerky.

351 to 400 of 582 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chapter 1: In the Hall of the Mountain King All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.