Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Last Forge (Inactive)

Game Master drawesome1111

Deep in the halls of Kel Mar, the last dwarven stronghold, an echo stirs. Heroes are called forth to save their homes and traditions, lest they be lost forever...


301 to 350 of 582 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Firbell wakes and stretches, kicking his legs until and annoyed Gigma gets off of them. He groggily goes about packing up and assisting where needed. A little while on the road he turns to Sturgiss, a bit uncertain, "I had the oddest dream last night, I think. You were... on fire." He coughs and turns his head away, clearly uncomfortable, "Silly isn't it? hehe... you didn't right? Catch fire I mean."


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica packs her gear and moves over to Firbell, "I had a dream about that blue marky thingy, very strange yes?"


Firbell looks over at her, "A dream? What kind of dream? What happened?" He looks at her with interest, curious what her experience could mean.


The king hops onto his horse and checks with each of you as he prepares to depart. "Ready to go everyone?"

Once you've finished discussing move on to the next part.

The trail is also very quiet today. You see the occasional traveller making their way along the road. At about midday you reach a cross roads and the king stops momentarily to look at an old signpost near the intersection.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

To Firbell, "Me seen a the blue mark and it said Kel Mar, Arkan and then the blue marks was strucks with a silver bolt and thens I looked and saws two humans firing bolts at mese but not mese the marks"

To the king's question, "Yup, my excellency!"

Later at the signpost, "Mister King, left, right or straight?"

Sense Motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Dwarf Cleric 1
Firbell Moleskin wrote:
Firbell wakes and stretches, kicking his legs until and annoyed Gigma gets off of them. He groggily goes about packing up and assisting where needed. A little while on the road he turns to Sturgiss, a bit uncertain, "I had the oddest dream last night, I think. You were... on fire." He coughs and turns his head away, clearly uncomfortable, "Silly isn't it? hehe... you didn't right? Catch fire I mean."

Sturgiss keeps quiet for a moment as he triple checks all the straps on his horse. "Well...yes and no". "I didn't really 'catch' fire, but I have been known to throw out a few minor flaming orbs as I sleep". "Nothing to be concerned with, I really only do it when I'm really tired". "And I think if a lose a few pounds it might stop altogether really, but...". Just the same it might be wise to give me a couple steps distance while I'm sleeping". And with an embarrassed smile Sturgiss mounts his ornery mount, and prepares for another day in the saddle.


Belvica Conversation
Firbell shakes his head as he tries to understand, "What do you mean; the two humans were not the ones who struck the blue mark?"

Sturgiss Conversation
Firbell's mouth hangs open a bit before he realizes he's starting, "That's an interesting perspective, a flaming orb being described as normal. What does you weight have to do with it?" The druid seems genuinely curious.

At the signpost
"Indeed, your Lordship, surely we can't be lost already." he says with a voice full of humor.


The king looks back to the group and smiles halfheartedly..."No...we're not lost. I was just thinking how long it's been since I've been at this intersection."

He turns onto the road to the left and continues speaking."Up ahead was where we drove the rakes back through their tunnels and set them ablaze. It was that battle where my father was killed by one of those ugly creatures, and I became king shortly thereafter. In all my time since my coronation, I haven't really visited this place again." He looks solemn as he remembers the moment.

Ok we're gonna try something. I'm going to have each of you roll 3 skill checks with a DC of 15. Use ANY 3 of your skills to explain how you navigate or get through the 3 days of travel. After you roll, add some flavor for how you either succeeded using that skill or failed.


Ride DC15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Perception DC15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Survival DC15: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20 +2 is trait bonus to find food and water

Firbell tries to better attune himself to his animal, specifically the mechanics of riding the beast, and fails dismally. Constantly falling, drawing bites and tail-whips of irritation from his beast, the cave-druid settles himself for a miserable trip astride this monster of a horse.

His difficulty riding doesn't take away from his attention to his surroundings, and he grins as he slowly comes to realize that the world above-ground isn't nearly as bad as he'd feared, except for the knowledge that he could be sucked or taken into the huge blue void above his head at any moment and any time.

On several occasions during the next few days he stops and rushes off into the woods and each times returns with arms full of berries or a carefully cleaned and gutted rabbit or handful of small forest animal. He also is able to locate more than one water source, encouraging all to drink and refill waterskins if they so desire.

I hope this is what you meant :)


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

"They were, they shot the mark with dem bolt"

Knowledge Geography 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Survival 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Belvica takes off early after asking the king where they should meet later and disappears in the forest. She is able to use the terrain features and such and always makes it to camp first.

She hunts and takes down a boar the first day, a deer the second and a ram on the third day. She is able to gerry rig herself a cloak out of the ram.

She does not detect that they are being followed or she thinks they are when they are not.


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Wow. Cleric Skill Points Suck

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 Heal
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 Sense Motive
1d20 - 6 ⇒ (4) - 6 = -2 Ride

Sturgiss goes around every night, and tends to saddle sores, blisters, and any slight injuries to the mounts. He also gives advise about the diet, and how to keep from getting sick.

He also spends time talking to all the members of the party, getting to know them, and try to figure out if their intentions are in-line with their stated objectives.

After falling off the horse for the fourth time on the second day, Sturgiss gives up and begins to walk leading the horse. "Go on ahead of me". "I'll catch up".


As you reflect on the 3 day journey you realize how much you gave to the quest. You recall on the first night how Duran bravely sacrificed himself to save the king when a group of Nightherders attacked. He gave you all just enough time to get away.

And you remember how Klothar's cart got stuck in the gap of a bridge, allowing you to cross safely. And how rather than leave his supplies Klothar stayed behind to find a way out himself.

But now here you are much farther down the trail and you can see the wall just at the edge of the horizon.

The king pulls his horse off to the side of the path and dismounts."We shall stop here for the night and make it the rest of the way in the morning." He looks grim and you can tell that the journey is wearing him down. He starts a fire and sits by it with a hunk of bread and cheese.


Firbell, sheds a tear as he reminisces about his little known, but stalwart companions who were left behind. But he must look to the future, and assisting his King however he can. He joins the king at the fire with more of the simple traveling fare. "We'll get there your highness, don't worry." Gidma lays in the dirt at Firbells feet, watching the remaining dwarves intently.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica deftly removes the bowels of the ram and sees the king isn't in the best of spirits so she gives him the cloak before she starts roasting the ram.

Here, your excellency! a present! as she curtsys.


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Sturgiss...feeling much better today, due to his lack of new saddle sores, takes it upon himself to sing an old Dwarven song of glory and. perseverance. An ancient tune seldom sung even in Cinderkeep, but attempted none the less.

1d20 ⇒ 2 Untrained Perform

But the sound emitting from his throat sounds more like a gasp of pain than music.

FYI if the check had been good, I was going to multiclass as a Bard...but never mind.


Firbell listens as best he can, ignoring Gidma's paws covering her ears, and the wolverine leaves about halfway through. "The ride's getting easier then?" he asks Sturgiss.


The king likewise attempts to listen politely, but once the song is over he prepares his bedroll and lays it on the ground. "I'll take first watch, you three get some sleep. I'll wake you if anything happens."


Firbell nods, hesitant to leave his brooding king along, but feeling the effects of the long road, turns over and goes to sleep.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica lays out her caltrops in a defensive position. Then agrees to take the fourth watch. She curls up in a bed of maple leaves.


Male Dwarf Cleric 1
Firbell Moleskin wrote:
Firbell listens as best he can, ignoring Gidma's paws covering her ears, and the wolverine leaves about halfway through. "The ride's getting easier then?" he asks Sturgiss.

Sturgiss walked his horse all day.

"If I never have to ride one of these infernal beasts again it will be too soon". "If nobody minds I believe I'll take first watch, then try to get some rest". "While you guys were resting on your demon mounts, I walked all day".

upon hearing first watch spoken for..."OK then I'll take last watch". , then hearing that spoken for..."Well OK then I'll sleep tomorrow, and take third watch".


2 perception checks from each of you


perception1: 1d20 ⇒ 16
perception2: 1d20 ⇒ 8


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica retrieves her caltrops and gets ready for the trip.
Perception:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 Perception
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Perception


I was posting from my phone yesterday, and forgot my +7 bonus to perception. Feel free to add or not oh all-powerful GM.


During her first hour of watch Belvica finds herself drifting off in the quiet night air. Suddenly she is snapped awake by the sound of something moving in the darkness just outside of camp.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Her bow being instinctively nocked, she deftly moves to get an eyeball on what's making the noise. Survival 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Belvica:
You see two figures coming down the road in the direction of your camp. They both wear dark cloaks and walk with staves at their side. One is slightly taller than the other, and you can tell that they are speaking in some language you aren't familiar with.


Male Dwarf Wizard 4 | 30/30 | AC 13/13/10 | F 4/R 4/W 4 | Init +3 | Perc +7

Belvica:
You see the large but stealthy form a naked dark-skinned elven woman astride some monstrous black spider. Its carapace glistening in the darkness. Or perhaps the woman's torso is part of the spider body, much like a woodland centaur.

In her hand, a long recurved bow... she nocks a wicked arrow taken from a quiver whose strap parts her perfect unblemished physique, even as she reaches partial cover. From behind cover, you see her beautiful face peering back at you... her supernatural eyes piercing the darkness. She looks over her shoulder at the other two figures then towards you.

Across her face, a rather predatory smile.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

[ooc] @Morg, What?[ooc]

Belvica posts up next to a tree with her bow nocked at the ready, waits for the two cloaked individuals.


Male Dwarf Wizard 4 | 30/30 | AC 13/13/10 | F 4/R 4/W 4 | Init +3 | Perc +7

One of the cloaked figures, the larger one is about the height of a dwarf... But not add broad as one should be. The other is smaller, maybe a halfling. Or some other thing that scurries close to the ground.

The taller one speaks, a short command... Surprisingly in dwarven. Hide now.

The large arachnid archer moves behind more cover, nearly indescernable. But the head of its nocked arrow is unmistakable.

Soon, you make out a near emaciated dwarf and rat-ling. The dwarf speaks softly. Please put away that arrow. Hold onto your bow if you are more comfortable. Who are you? What is your business on these roads?


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica's eyes squint never leaving the spider elf nor the other dwarf, the ranger keeps her bow trained and doesn't flinch nor hesitate.

Track(Survival) 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17 She doesn't lose track of the spider whatsoever.

"Belvica Insareba, mese be ranging"

Polyglot

Spoiler:
what the rhino's horn is goin on up in here?

Who b youse?


Male Dwarf Wizard 4 | 30/30 | AC 13/13/10 | F 4/R 4/W 4 | Init +3 | Perc +7

Despite your confidence in your abilities and your best efforts you lose track of the elf-spider. It is gone, so far as you can tell.

No worries, she won't drag your sleeping friends off in a web sac. A bit of cheese, some bread? Water? Morg here. This is Matthias. We won't kill you unless we have to.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

@Morg, Just a quick mention, you should probably lay off on dictating what my character sees and how would you know about my sleeping friends? Are you asking me if I want these things or if you can have them?

Feelings mutual. Well if you be givin food away, Belvica be hungry. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Belvica puts her bow on her back and sits on a rock and eats with them.

You be ups early...


Male Dwarf Wizard 4 | 30/30 | AC 13/13/10 | F 4/R 4/W 4 | Init +3 | Perc +7

I am very careful to direct within "fact/truth". DM indicated that there we're three sleeping in a PM. Drider was a concentration duration illusion. You could have rolled a Nat 20 and activated True Seeing, still lost it. It's gone. Sorry if it came across as pushy. And, asking if you have.

Asking for food.


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Perception
Sturgiss seems to hear something in his dreams, and begins to bring forth fire, then he realizes it is not the shadow creature, so turns over and resumes his snoring.


Male Dwarf Wizard 4 | 30/30 | AC 13/13/10 | F 4/R 4/W 4 | Init +3 | Perc +7

Morg's appearance is displeasing to dwarf senses. He is gaunt and not robust or stocky. His face is scarred preventing him from sporting a full beard.

The sides of his head are shaved, revealing more scar tissue and the hair is either red and dyed black in places or black and dyed red in others. There doesn't seem to be anything attractive about Morg, initially.

Matthias is one of the race called ratfolk, rare but not unheard of. Elongated snout, whiskers and all.

Charisma 5 & avatar


From what I understand Morg was just trying to mess with you, I'm sorry for the confusion. I let him, but I expected a different reaction. Feel free to keep roleplaying the interaction as you will, but wrap it up at some point so that we can move on to the morning.


By-the-by I was super confused by it all at first, but the description of the Drider was pretty awesome.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

dm says one thing new guyssomething else

me no haves bread nor cheese. Me has ram haunch that needs be reroasted or spider ration. beggn at Odark thirty. Might could be better ways to find food.

She brings the dwarf to the campsite with a flick of her wrist. Restarts the fire and working on the meat.


Male Dwarf Wizard 4 | 30/30 | AC 13/13/10 | F 4/R 4/W 4 | Init +3 | Perc +7

Thank you. Morg hunkers down, motioning for Matthias to sit. If offered food, he will gratefully accept, eating sparingly.


Matthias looks around the group but shakes his head. "No I am good my friend. I must continue on the path.He pats you on the back, "Best of luck to you." He bows to Belvica and walks off into the darkness. As he gets just back to the center of the road a mist appears and he vanishes from sight.


Male Dwarf Wizard 4 | 30/30 | AC 13/13/10 | F 4/R 4/W 4 | Init +3 | Perc +7

Having sat down and eaten, Morgs seems to have become extremely tired. His eye-lids droop.

Looking up from his seated position, If you don't mind, Belvica... I'll just sleep right here.

The curious dwarf curls up next to a large stone close by and is quickly fast asleep.


ok fine...

When morning arrives you find a strange dwarf curled up in your midst. The king looks slightly confused by this, and readies his weapon. "Who are you?"


Hearing the commotion Firbell rolls over into a crouch, bleary eyed but trying to act alert. "What go where!" he shakes his head and tries again, "I mean, who goes there?" Gidma wakes as the druid stirs and moves next to him, sniffing the air in the newcomers direction.


Male Dwarf Wizard 4 | 30/30 | AC 13/13/10 | F 4/R 4/W 4 | Init +3 | Perc +7

Morg is tired, groggy and in no mood for this joker. I'm the piss-boy, did your boots get wet?

A hand reaches to scratch the wide strip of hair on the dwarf's head.


Firbell blinks his eyes a few more times, and in his tiredness checks his boots. "No I don't... Wait a minute. What are you talking about? Your name can't possibly be piss-boy. Why are you in our camp?" Firbell looks over to confirm that Belvica is alive and in camp, and then waits for the response.


Male Dwarf Wizard 4 | 30/30 | AC 13/13/10 | F 4/R 4/W 4 | Init +3 | Perc +7

The stranger reaches into his pocket lazily, pulling out a strip of cooked meat. He bites into one end, tearing a chuck off.

While chewing he answers matter of factly, Some guys get their boots wet, then try to blame the piss-boy. But, in actuality... they're just a bit short... on equipment. King and soldier alike, they like their boots dry.

The curious fellow chuckles to himself as he takes another bite and rubs his head and scarred cheeks trying to wake up.


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Sturgiss starts awake at the commotion, and accidently lets loose a couple of sparks, before he calms down, and remembers where he is. He then lays back and looks in turn at his travelling companions; The King, Firbell, Insnare, The strange looking Dwarf with the weird hair...Wait we don't have a strange looking Dwarf with weird hair in the party...

Sturgiss jumps to his feet..."Who are you"!


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

that morose looking dwarf is morg.

so he decides to sleep with a halfhour before sunlight. The logic of this seems odd

301 to 350 of 582 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chapter 1: In the Hall of the Mountain King All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.