Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Last Forge (Inactive)

Game Master drawesome1111

Deep in the halls of Kel Mar, the last dwarven stronghold, an echo stirs. Heroes are called forth to save their homes and traditions, lest they be lost forever...


201 to 250 of 582 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

He looks over quizzically, "Uhh, she's big, but hasn't bit me yet. So that's good. How about your gelding?"


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

"He looks like he a needsa carrot" she rides over to the three eyed dwarf (Klothar).

"Scuseame, you know where we's getting some carrots?"


The king looks to the alchemist. "Well we have quite a group already, is there anything speical you can aid us with?" He looks at you hopefully.

As he says this he reaches into a pouch near his leg and digs for a moment, then pulls out a carrot and tosses it to Belvica. "Actually her name is Delvina, and she's a feisty one. He looks at Duran and Firbell's choices, "You have Maidel, and Heit. They'll do very well. They are the foals of the queen's favorite stallion."


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

I guess you didnt check the engine


Just tossing out fancy horse terms.

"Heit? You and I are going to get along just fine."


"Anything special?" Klothar sputters, "Why I command the very science of alchemy! I can create alchemical items, as well as bombs!"


Firbell looks genuinely confused, eaves-dropping on the Kings conversation, "How does one command science anyways? I always hear people say they command this and that, and I never understand."

The phrase which will always tell you if I'm about to try and be a wise-arse; "So-and-so looks genuinely confused,..." :) and I apologize.


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Sturgiss looks up at the great beast. Of course he had seen one before. You don't travel as far as he had without encountering a few, but he never imagined he'd have to ride one. Still..."Hey". "Can someone give me a lift". "This armor is a bit too stiff to allow me to hop up".


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

"Hello Delvinia, me's Belvica, we will be having much fun, yeah? HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Belvica then gives Delvinia the carrot and then pets her.

Then she looks at Firbell and Klothar and says... "Apparently you mightnt couldnt command carrots, HAHAHAHAHAH!"

She then rides over to the barefooted Dwarf and gives him her hand "Hope this helps, HAHAHAHA!!!!


Firbell looks at Belvica, an injured look on his face, "I bet I could command carrots! What about you? ...Zebras?"

If Belvica is having trouble getting Sturgiss into the saddle he'll ride over and try to help. Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Hahaha you guys are awesome :) I like the give and take.

Between Firbell and Belvica you manage to get Sturgiss up on a brown horse with a graying mane. The king identifies him as "Duster".

The king then looks to Klothar, "Alchemy, that's a dangerous science. But I was a fair hand at potionmaking when I was a younger dwarf." He smiles as if fondly recalling a memory and then chuckles to himself. "Ahh, I suppose if no one else from the entourage objects to you, we will make a place for you." He motions to one of the guards who runs off and returns shortly with another horse.

Once you are all ready to go we will be off


Klothar looks at the horse with deep suspicion but clambers on regardless.

"Excellent! Shall we be off then?"


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

"Zebras fun to ride, fast... you no command zebra, you break zebra but is ok cuz they forget fast and are then unbroke, command, odd word be...HAHAHAHAHA"

Belvica moves her horse to gate, "City boring no trees. Me takes the point" as she unslings her shortbow and knocks an arrow, while holding the reigns in around her shoulder.


Firbell tries valiantly to keep his eyes at the appropriate level as Belvica moves past to take point, but his voice still squeaks, "I'll guard the rear!" Unintentional joke... honest :)

He and Gidma move to the back and signal their readiness, Firbell suddenly very concerned about clearing the phlegm from his throat.


Klothar shakes his head at the two of them before checking his various bits and pieces.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

bits an pieces, hahahaha! where's hungry as a wolf(20 belvica points if you get that reference)

"Mister King, wheres we goins? your exaltednessses?"


You ride through the streets of the city and as you make your way, dozens come out waving both farewells and laments at the king's departure. The king simply nods as he passes, and you can see that he is somewhat preoccupied.

Belvica's question stirs him and he turns to you, 'I'm sorry what was that? Ooh...yes. We are heading to the Wall, far to the south. It will be several days travel to get there." He looks solemn for a moment, then speaks again, "Tell me more about yourselves, and this blue magic you saw...?"


I know, I know, I have a bad memory, so if we can just handwave the details for poor Firbell...

Firbell perks up as his preoccupied King addresses them. He starts with an awkward bow from the saddle, "Well I'm Firbell, your Kingship, a humble druid of the Stoneskin clan. I've got an incredible undercommon garden at my home, with some species you only see once or twice in a lifetime! I hope they're getting on alright without me. I don't get out much, but me and Gidma here were walking near our home when this blue light appeared." He takes several moments to describe the experience, the voice in his head, and the words it used, how it mentioned "Arkan" by name.


"Ahh what sort of garden is that? You wouldn't by chance happen to grow any drydils? If cooked just right they are most delicious."

He listens to more of your story and when you get to the part about the magic that drew you there he looks puzzled. "And you said you spoke to Davryn when you arrived? What did he think of this?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Sturgiss puffs out his chest at the King's question, nearly losing his balance from his unfamiliar perch. Still this was better than walking barefoot.

I'm Sturgiss Fauxbeard, last surviving member of Clan Cinderstone, and devout priest of Angradd". "Say...if I'm the last surviving member of the clan...I guess that makes me a king as well". "If a shoe-less one". Sturgiss then breaks into a fit of laughter at his own joke.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica turns to the king "I am Belvica Insareba of the Expanse, I am a mix of Mbeke and Tarulu dwarf from the jungle midway between Kibwe and Nagisa. I have been traveling for many a moon, I have heard of a great Dwarven stronghold up north, so I made my way here through desert and mountain and such."
She regales the king with some escapades on her trip but finally gets to point:

"Just earlier today, I sake admittance to your city, when I spakes to two guards and this blue mark appearered behind thems and toldah me to seek you out personally. Firbell and I told Davryn of this and he said that because I encountered it in front of others is especially important. He told us to come back and that is why we wents to sees him"


"Klothar Banndyrson, child of this fine Kel and alchemist extraordinaire," Klothar states with a flourish, "As a practitioner of the noble science, I will of. Purse be of great assistance in this quest. And I have a few alchemical... tricks which could turn the tide of battle. Of course, we will need to locate an alchemical lab; mine is somewhat bulkier than can easily be transported by horse."


Arken looks to Sturgiss, "A pair of kings ought to outwit any foe we shall encounter, pleased to have you aboard."

As Belvica explains her view of the magic and her story the king strokes his beard thoughtfully, "Most interesting, did you find anything out when you went to see him a second time?"

And finally turning to Klothar he remarks, "Extraordinaire you say? High praise, where is your laboratory now?"

I will be on the road most of today, so I won't be able to post until much later this evening.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

"Nope, he wasn't home" i thought Firbell explained this to him already...


Male Dwarf Stonelord Paladin

"This reminds me" Duran turns to Sturgiss. "Scribble a list of what you need, other than boots, I send for the items right away, so you get them in time before we leave the city gates."

I assume you can get every realistic request like the boots.


Nope Firbell didn't, unless I missed something. Also, don't worry about the boots, they will get fixed. I promise :)

As you approach the gates of the great city you see a group of about 10 guards standing in front of the gate. The lead guard holds out his hand in a motion for the group to stop. The king looks angry and speaks loudly, "What do you think you're doing? Get out of our way!"


Male Dwarf Stonelord Paladin

Duran senses that the king is truly in rush, and realizes it is strange they would be stopped, so something important must have happened.

He steps forward. "Good dwarves, what is the reason of blocking our way? We are in a hurry and the good king also wishes to pass swiftly."

Duran looks at the guards, he hopes he sees the man he sent for the equipment to be among them, or to arrive soon. Being at the gates meant Sturgiss would have to leave without proper footwear if they don't get it here.


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

""+
Arken looks to Sturgiss, "A pair of kings ought to outwit any foe we shall encounter, pleased to have you aboard."

"A fine king I make". "If this steed decides to do what I say, then I will have one subject". "So a king without subjects, or a sole, is but a lone adventurer". "I'll leave the Kingly stuff to you".

Sturgiss is jolted out of his soliloquy by the action ahead. What could this be that would dare to halt their king.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 Sense Motive - on the speaking guard


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica turns and says "Maybe they want some carrots, too? HAHAHAHA!!!"

Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


The guards look at your strange group... "Your highness...we cannot let you leave. There is more here at stake than you realize."

The king continues a glaring stare at the lead guard who speaks. "I have explained to you that I am leaving. This must be done. You will not stop me." He begins to move his horse toward the guards in his way.

Ok what are you going to do... I'd like a skill check from everyone. Use 1 skill to attempt to affect this situation. Roll the skill then add a description of why you're using that and what your character does."


Male Dwarf Stonelord Paladin

Duran realizes that this could end in a fight, and he wants to avoid it.

The gentle smile from his face disappears, and a stern and grim look appears, one worthy to a commander and heir to a Great House. "Know your place dwarf! That is your king you are addressing, and I am Duran Daemric Davadar from House Davadar and also a Stonelord! Asking from or suggesting to the king is one thing, blocking his way and ignoring his orders is an other."

Duran places a hand on the grip of the earth breaker. "The king is willing to go to the extremes to go on this journey, are you willing to risk bloodshed and maybe even civil war by not letting us leave?" Duran readies his weapon. "Stand aside, unless you are a traitor to the crown the choice of action should be simple."

1d20 ⇒ 19 Perception (to look for signs that could identify the dwarves as members of some other House or recall their faces)
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 Diplomacy (to persuade the dwarves to get out the way and not provoke a fight with the king) [this is the skill that was rolled to affect the situation, the other one is for info gathering and wouldn't change the current event, both are 19 so even if Perception gets ignored the Diplo check result is the same]

Duran didn't like his own words but they were necessary, the look in the eyes of the king made it clear this would turn into battle if he is not allowed to pass through the gates. Duran hoped to avoid bloodshed altogether by talking sense into the dwarves, but even if just a few of them step aside and decide to not fight them would be good.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

The normally cheerful dwarf that is Belvica Insnareba dismounts, looks at Arkan and the guards and unleashes a loud bellow.. "I ain't goin noswheres until I know what is happinin up in Kel Mar!!!!!!! She looks around. "Why should the king not leave? I was summoned her for some purpose unknows to me. I wanna some straight answers!!!!

Persuade 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

Being in the point position she wedges her horse between the guards and the rest.


Firbell looks annoyed at the guard, and proceeds to try and convince them to step aside, "Treason is hardly the answer good dwarf! Perhaps you should rethink your strategy before you interfere with the Kings business. Do you know better than him what our people need? Perhaps you should be King if that's the case."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Diplomacy (assist): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

EDIT: Fail!


That's a success for Duran, and one for Belvica, poor Firbell failed. Looking for Sturgiss and Klothar..?


Male Dwarf Stonelord Paladin

I assume Kilaim is out of the game by now, right? Which two new players joined?


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Why 2? 1 left, 1 came in...


Male Dwarf Stonelord Paladin

The GM never closed the applications and people still post their char ideas for joining in the new recruitment thread, so I assume he plans to take 2.


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Sturgiss rides a bit closer to the King and begins to look around.

"Something smells wrong here". "That dwarf is waiting for somthing". "He's stalling for some reason". "Ware all"!

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Perception


Klothar returns from collecting his cart to find the King's passage blocked.

"I thought it was the King who gave the orders?" he states. "We have important business to be about. Get out of the way so we can get started."

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

Klothar isn't a particularly social Dwarf. He just tries to ignore any problems.


As your group presses forward the guards attempt to hold the line, but after some pushing they step back and move out of your way. "When I return I suggest you have some meaning for your actions!" The king hollers as you pass through the gates.

When you get about 50 yards beyond the gate you hear the sounds of shouting. If you turn to look you see that there is another group of guards that had been rushing to stop you.

You begin to trot down the road, the artificial light gleams in the darkness of the cavern. You go on for several hours like this, the still air quiet.

Perception everyone!


Klothar takes time from the menial task of driving the cart to study their surroundings while continually checking the lab affixed to the rear of the cart remains in place.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Male Dwarf Stonelord Paladin

1d20 ⇒ 9


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Perception


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

I hate to be a nuissance but Belvica wanted answers, she had gotten off her horse and her score was high

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

of course Blyad! when i need it


Klothar:
You see coming down the road ahead is a cart decorated with colored streamers and banners.

Over the din of Klothar's cart and the sound of horses hooves you don't hear much of anything. And in the dim light of the cavern you can't seem to pick up anything.


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Turning to the King..."Your Majesty", with all due respect the behavior of your guards was disturbing". "Is it common for them to defy your edicts"? "It seems there may be more going on here than meets the eye". "Is there someone hoping to unseat you"?


"Cart up ahead," Klothar bellows over the din of his own vehicle, "Brightly decorated too."


Male Dwarf Stonelord Paladin

Duran snickers. "He is the king! Of course there are such people!" He shakes his head. "Those of low morals always seek to remove others from power either to place themselves there or out of spite and envy."

Continuing to walk he smiles at Sturgiss. "This is part of the reason why I didn't want you to wear the colors of my House, I am here as a loyalist and friend to the king, not as a representative of House Davadar with extra guards. There will still be problems later caused by the fact that I am here but most other Houses had no one at the side of the king, but I am sure my father will be able to handle them. The only concern for us should be the safety of the king, if anything happens to him his enemies and even most trusted allies and friends will be more than vehement in blaming everything on those who were with him on the journey."

Duran turns to the king. "My king, I heard there was much opposition to your choice of action, but I admit it is more than unusual to see guards trying to stop you like this. If I may ask so, please explain what reason there may be for it. What the fear of theirs may be?"


The king looks to Sturgiss his face somewhat downtrodden."They don't mean any harm. I haven't left the palace in years. My initial guess is that they were hoping to overwhelm me with pleas to stay. But I've made my decision, I have to do this." You see just the hint of sadness in his eyes as he speaks.

He the turns to Duran, "Thank you my friend. House Davadar has been on my side in this endeavor. Your father even offered to join me himself at first."He pauses momentarily and closes his eyes. "Torag help us..."

As the cart draws closer you see it begin to slow down.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica shortbow at the ready dismounts.

"Let's see who these people are!

The shortbow is in her hands with arrow between her pointer finger and middle finger but string not drawn.

100th post as Belvica!!!

201 to 250 of 582 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chapter 1: In the Hall of the Mountain King All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.