Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Last Forge (Inactive)

Game Master drawesome1111

Deep in the halls of Kel Mar, the last dwarven stronghold, an echo stirs. Heroes are called forth to save their homes and traditions, lest they be lost forever...


151 to 200 of 582 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Sturgiss just volunteered to join your expedition. I'm patiently waiting for something to happen for him to react to. He is a stranger to the city, and can't really drive the plot at this time. I'm just waiting for the GM to move his actions forward.

Also I usually don't post as much on the weekends, unless I'm holding something up, and I posted Friday.


Male Dwarf Stonelord Paladin
Sturgiss Fauxbeard wrote:

Sturgiss just volunteered to join your expedition. I'm patiently waiting for something to happen for him to react to. He is a stranger to the city, and can't really drive the plot at this time. I'm just waiting for the GM to move his actions forward.

Also I usually don't post as much on the weekends, unless I'm holding something up, and I posted Friday.

Okay then, Kilaim is still in question though. I believe even if everyone remains in the game we could get +2 more players.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

"Arken, the king from the blue mark, HAHAHAHA" she then unsheathes her bow and knocks and arrow just in case something else goes down and then follows the king down the street with Firbell and the fools er guards :).


Firbell/Belvica

The king leads you around the side of the palace to what appears to be a plain wall. He looks around and then pushes a brick on the wall. A rune glows on the brick and the wall ripples and reveals a wooden door. He smiles at you, "Truly marvelous isn't it. What magic can do." He opens the door and gestures you to enter. The door leads to a narrow dimly lit corridor barely large enough for you to walk single file. You go down nearly a hundred yards and reach a small antechamber with wooden benches on each wall. The king turns to address you, "What did you say your names were again?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Tavern

Ok... let's try again...

You continue drinking and chatting for a time, and then you realize what time it is.

Duran:
You remember the king's statement about leaving at lantern out that night.
.

The crowd is beginning to thin as people get ready for the curfew.


Firbell smiles a simpletons smile back at the king before following his order to enter. Bowing at the waiste he responds to the king, "I'm Firbell Moleskin your honor, well... and he looks sidelong at Belvica, "actually the real name's Firdinand Stoneskin, but I've gone by Firbell Moleskin most of my life. This is my friend Gidma." the wolverine bares her teeth in a sharp terrifying smile. He bows again and looks at Belvica, allowing his friend to introduce herself, as she may have titles he's not aware of.


Male Dwarf Stonelord Paladin

I do want the rolls be done when they can, and now that you turned time back we have to wait for Kilaim.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica follows the king and curstys and says "Belvica Insnareba of the Expanse, I am part Mbeke and Tarulu dwarf from the Expanse but I never knew my parents, your excellency, HAHAHAHA!!!!

Seeing the magic, she then adds "Magic is what sent us here, we saw blue mark and was told to see you, Chief of Chiefs, your advisor agreed."


Belvica/Firbell

The king nods as you give your names. He looks a bit surprised at the mention of magic. "Magic sent you here? What do you mean madam ranger? My advisor?" He looks puzzled.

You follow him through the chamber and up a flight of stairs. You come out in a small chamber with a large round wooden table in the center. Along the walls are tapestries depiciting various scenes from dwarven history. He takes a seat at the wooden table and begins to sort through papers.

"What can I do to repay you for saving my guards?"


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Yessir, your majestical one of the rocken lands, a Davryn Methos, we spoke with him earlier today and sent us to a villa. We told him our stories and seamed intrigued. The Blue Mark cames with this thunders and it tolds us to come to Kel Mar and to find Arkan, hahahaha, er, you... sir.

She waits for Firbell to add anything and gives a smile.

Later

"We were sent here for you, oh great one"


Firbell nods along with Belvica's story, "Yessir, but we only met when we both arrived here looking for an 'Arkan'. It never occurred to me I should be looking for the King!" Realizing he's getting ahead of himself he details his entire experience to Arkan, letting Belvica add her own bits as well, including what Methos told them about the prophecy. When he gets to the advisor he slows down a bit, less certain. "I got an odd impression your Advisor, his honor Lord Methos, wasn't keen on letting us see you. If it weren't for the guards running to take care of those spiders we'd still be waiting in that nice house he sent us too." Firbell looks at his toes, "The more I talk the crazier I sound to myself, but like Belvica, I truly believe we're supposed to be here to help you somehow. Maybe to save your guards from spiders?" Firbell pulls the neck of his shirt down a little, suddenly feeling quite foolish. Here we go, off with the loons head!


Fir/Bel

The king looks puzzled somewhat by your explanation, but when you mention the Advisor he shakes his head knowingly."Davryn would keep me protected from my own wife if he had his way. He's spent far too much time looking into the abyssal things of the world and now presumes that devils will jump out and attack from every shadow." He laughs to himself. "Don't let him bother you, he has a good heart."

He thumbs through the papers on the table and then looks as though he's struck by a thought. "I know this may seem odd, but I am venturing out on a journey and am in need of good allies. The way you dispatched those spiders I think you might be more adaquate than some of my guards. And besides perhaps you can tell me more of this magic you saw." He smiles at you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------
Tavern
The bar empties and you make your way out into the street You look up and see a group has gathered and is heading in the direction of the palace singing an old dwarven song.

As you move closer the melody drifts in the still evening air:From Hearth and stone we make our lives, led by your hand from mine to mine. Oh king our king, protect us now, and return to us safely home....


The druid gives a tiny grimace, but bows his head in acceptance of his kings words about the Advisor. At the invitation to join him, Firbell exchanges a look with Gidma, the wolverine returning the stare as they participate in some kind of private conversation. Looking back up, "Gidma and I think that is a wonderful idea and would be honored to join you." He then turns a hopeful look in the direction of his newest friend Belvica, awaiting her reply.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

When the offer is made, the ranger blushes, and says "Your generosity knows no bounds, your excellency, HAHAHAHA!!!!"

She then says, "Davryn mentioned he needed some time, so before we disembark, we should see him again, methinks that be a good omen from the lioness."


The king smiles and looks at Belvica. "Very well, I need to finish up with some work here, Meet me at the gate in half an hour." He continues to work on paperwork.

As you leave out through the main door of this chamber. You encounter a few guards walking to the king's chamber. They look surprised at your appearance, but don't say anything. When you arrive outside you head for Davryn's longhouse.


Firbell looks over at Belvica as they walk along, "You believe in fate? Cause we just met the object of our desire... I mean we found Arkan, the very man we were searching for! How lucky was that?"


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

"I do believe in fate, our ancestors and the animals guides us in our lives and only show us the way, it is a known thing..." she then smiles and looks up in the sky and puts her left thumb and pointer finger on her chin, then to her nose, then to her forehead and points up at the sky and quickly flicks her wrist as if throwing something on the ground.

"In the expanse, we show our respect for our ancestors this a way in the expanse."

After a few minutes they get to the door and Belvica knocks on the door three times.


There is no answer at the door.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

After no answer, she turns to Firbell: "The King said he would be here..."

Is there something funny afoot?

Perception check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Male Dwarf Stonelord Paladin

Duran goes to the palace and requests the other dwarves to also go, there he plans to properly register the team for the journey.


Firbell shakes his head, remembering, "He said to meet at the gate, not Davryn's house. I thought he meant the gate to the city. I thought we were just here to check back in with him now that we've managed to locate Arkan. Right?" Gidma looks up at Firbell and gives his best wolverine impression of a shrug.

@DM - Arkan meant the city gates right?


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

"Exactly, plus he said he was going to do work on the prophecy for us, so I thought we would meet with him in case he had more info"

She gives the door one last try, thinking that its only been 2 minutes since leaving the King.

"Mah, he's a bit long in da tooth, so'll try again."


No one responds when you try again. (Perception please)


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Sturgiss limps along with with the group heading towards the palace. He turns to the man who recruited them.

I'd at least hoped to get a new pair of boots before I left again". "Any chance we might pass somewhere along the way"?


Male Dwarf Stonelord Paladin

"I am sure we can agree on equipment, you are after all now hired by House Davadar, base equipment like that of House Guards should be no problem, which I assure you includes boots." Duran smiles at him as he continues on the way.

"If you want, I can arrange a place to sleep at the House Guard barracks for tonight, the armory is there anyway. Just remember not to dress entirely as a member of our guards, as the whole reason for hiring outsiders is to avoid arguments and debates with other Great Houses that assume we Davadars only want to influence the king and benefit from joining up with him. I would rather avoid this political bickering." Duran looks up at the palace as it gets into sight. "Here we are."


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Firbell leans close towards the door, and Gidma, as is her want, mimics his attempt to listen in.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Perception - Gidma: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Cool, I didn't want to forget something.


Male Dwarf Cleric 1
Duran Daemric Davadar wrote:

"I am sure we can agree on equipment, you are after all now hired by House Davadar, base equipment like that of House Guards should be no problem, which I assure you includes boots." Duran smiles at him as he continues on the way.

"If you want, I can arrange a place to sleep at the House Guard barracks for tonight, the armory is there anyway. Just remember not to dress entirely as a member of our guards, as the whole reason for hiring outsiders is to avoid arguments and debates with other Great Houses that assume we Davadars only want to influence the king and benefit from joining up with him. I would rather avoid this political bickering." Duran looks up at the palace as it gets into sight. "Here we are."

"Sounds good to me". "I kind of like this old armor of mine anyway". "this new stuff is too plain for my tastes". "Used to be just the sight of Dwarven Armor would send the goblins scattering leaving a trail of well...um you know".


Fir/bel

Perception:
You don't see anything but you do hear a small scraping sound and a small pop noise then nothing. It becomes eeriely silent

As you are checking the hut you hear the sounds of guards moving your way and see torches coming from the palace.You only have 15 minutes til you are supposed to meet at the gate.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------
Duran/Sturgiss

The king is leaving tonight. I'm sure you can get boots, but unless you aren't going with him, you won't be around in Kel mar this evening.

The crowd surges forward to the castle gates. You see many torches are lit and some of the people are singing songs of the king. The guards seem to be having trouble keeping people outside the gates, they are anxious to get in and see the king.


Male Dwarf Stonelord Paladin

I may be wrong but i think while OOC we know he is leaving tonight, ingame we don't know the actual time for it.

"Eh, this may not be as easy as I hoped. You all may have to act as Davadar Guards right now to get us through the masses, it will at least mean we don't have to explain your presence before we reach the king."

Duran goes closer to the group and calls out to them. "Let us through good people, I am Duran Daemric from Great House Davadar!"

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Diplomacy/Persuasion

Duran opes he gets the gathering move aside to give way to him and his newly recruited allies without a need for violence.


Firbell's eyes widen, "Something made a scraping sound in there, can you get it open?" He tries to the door handle to see if it's even locked.


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Seeing his new patron trying to force their way through the crowd, Sturgiss takes up the call.

"Out of the way". "Stand aside".!

1d20 ⇒ 4 Intimidate...

Which might have been more intimidating without the constant flop of his loose boot sole.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica decides its best to break the door in so she swings with her axe until the door breaks down or the old dwarf wakes up.

"Me hopes he is ok, we seed spiders attacking king, now advisor might could have danger, be safe"


Firbell looks on in alarm as the wood-chips start flying, and then smiles and shrugs, pulling out his scimitar and whacking away with abandon till the door breaks.


Firbell/Belvica

The door gives way after several swings of the axe. You peer inside the darkened room and you find no one is there. However there are books and papers strewn about haphazardly, and as you glance you see that one of the small cages has fallen and a broken open. It is empty.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------
Duran/Sturgiss
You make your way through the crowd to the metal gates. The guards give curious stares to Sturgiss as he approaches, but don't bother him. You can see a supply of guards moving down from the palace to the gate. A dwarf off to one side wearing long blue robes yells out to the guard, "Where is the king!?"


Firbell takes a moment to look around, but keeps the time in his mind, so they aren't late getting to the gate. "Someone left in a hurry."
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 , Survival for tracks/evidence:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Fir/Bel
You see that several sheets are maps of various areas. There are also what appear to be notebooks filled with arcane equations of varying natures. As you explore the room, a white rat skitters across the floor.

There are tracks on the floor leading out the main door,but nothing to suggest foul play.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

"Me guesses he left"

Was there a window open or something or did he just put the cage on the table in a haphazard way.

Lesse find the King


Firbell sighs, expecting to find more, but agrees with Belvica, "He left in a hurry. Yes lets go." he then starts running for the gate. Once they arrive he details the King on what they found, or more importantly what they didn't find at Davryn's house, and the state it was in.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

I had this visual image of you and I wedging the broken door closed and walking away coyly while whistling... damn Tom and Jerry stereotypes...

Agreeing with Firbell, Belvica adds, "we heard loud scraping, we wanted to help" she curtsys and checks her gear and makes sure everything packed properly. Then turns to the king Your magnificient, where are we off to?"


Ha ha... no i said minor scraping :P you guys hacked down a door...

You make your way to the gate and you see the crowd has gathered. A dwarf on the other side of the gate yells out "Where is the king?! The guard answers with a sharp rap on the bars. To which you all hear a voice coming from the road past the gate.

"Open the gates, His Majesty comes!" YOu see the king now, he is wearing a dark brown cloak of a strange material. On his back is a sword and shield, his finer jewelry is replaced by a simple amulet around his neck. He looks at the group as the gates open.

"Thank you friends, I guarantee that this journey will not be in vain. I will see to it that this threat is dealt with and will return safely to you." At this the crowd lets out a mix of boos and cheers. Many people saying things like, "Where are you going? Don't Leave US!" The king gestures to calm them down then he sees Duran, Belvica, and Firbell. "Ahh here you are. WIth this group of fine adventurers I will succeed!" He smiles his best diplomatically and then you see the guards begin to send the other people away.

'Ready to go?"


We did hack down a door... and it was awesome! Isn't Sturgiss with Duran also? Did we replace Kilaim then?

Firbell bows his head, "Ready, your Majestic-ness!"


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

"Yessir, Arkan, King of Tsars, Potentate of Emirs, It would be my honor to take the point" she then turns to Firbell, hmmm, the three of us, wonder where we goin...

Is it going to be the PCs and the king or does he have someother guys with us?


Klothar was busying himself on an errand to purchase alchemical ingredients when the King and his entourage appears. At first, he cries out in annoyance as he finds he path blocked but quietens quickly when he realises that it is the King.

Being a typically anti-social Dwarf, Klothar is not up to speed on what is happening, and asks a nearby pedestrian.

"What's going on? Where's the King off to?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

"Hey wait"! "Don't forget about me"! Sturgiss curses under his breath, and limps along as quickly as he can following the group. Guess I'll have to just wrap these old boots up first time we stop for a rest, and hope for the best...I can say however that at this point I'd even settle for some Goblin shoes.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

So are we bringing the dwarven army marching band? Ala Kelly's Heroes. In that case Belvica is playing Telly Savalas' character ;)

Amongst all of the hullaballoo, Belvica grabs some more shashlik from a local vendor, tossing him a copper piece, handing one to Firbell and one to Gidme. "Figured we'd be needing some grub, for our trip!" then she turns to the king. Shashlik, your excellency?


Klothar

One of the guards looks at you strangely "You're not from around here are ye? The king is off to meet with heads of the other Kel's in council." He shakes his head as if it's a silly question.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------
King

The guards bring over several horses loaded down with supplies and various packs. The king mounts one and looks to you all, "Hop on, and let's get started."


"I have more important things to worry about than politics," Klothar harrumphed, "Alchemy is a fine science that requires the utmost dedication and diligence."

Klothar watches the procession with interest though; a chance to retrieve alchemical ingredients would do wonders for his work, after all the choice in this Kel was rather... stagnant.

"Who would I speak to if I were interested in accompanying this grand procession?"


Munching happily on his shashlik, and Gidma downs it in only a few bites, he wipes his hands on his clothes and clambers on top of the horse, finding his balance with a little difficulty. "Nice horsey, good horsey." The wolverine does it's best to not look offended.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica sees the horse then ties her gear down so as it won't fall off and then mounts.

"Queer, methinks, you use saddles.....hmmm.... we jus'n jump a zebra's back...HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!"

She looks at Firbell, "How is your mare?"

151 to 200 of 582 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chapter 1: In the Hall of the Mountain King All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.