Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Last Forge (Inactive)

Game Master drawesome1111

Deep in the halls of Kel Mar, the last dwarven stronghold, an echo stirs. Heroes are called forth to save their homes and traditions, lest they be lost forever...


101 to 150 of 582 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

After long hours of playing cards and comparing weaponry, Firbell see's Gidma - who'd been lounging and digging in the garden - suddenly perk up. He swivels his head, listen and hearing the guards talk. Things go silent shortly after, and Firbell gives Belvica a look, eyebrows raised. Standing and striding to the door he ties to open it and look outside.


After long hours of playing cards and comparing weaponry, Firbell see's Gidma - who'd been lounging and digging in the garden - suddenly perk up. He swivels his head, listen and hearing the guards talk. Things go silent shortly after, and Firbell gives Belvica a look, eyebrows raised. Standing and striding to the door he tries to open it and look outside.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica looks around, thanks the guard for the cards. Sits down, starts shuffling the deck.

"Firbell, do they got some booze? HAHAHAHA"

After a couple drinks and hands of Harrow, Firbell, asks his question.

"The Expanse be big, be hot and be dangerous but be home. We have savannah and jungle and losts of big creatures, hahahaha. Our kind not many but very proud, very secretive, two tribes. I did not fit, I grew up alone." she tries to fight back a tear and she blushes.

She looks at her battleaxe with leopard skin wrapped around the handle and crocodile teeth hanging from string in the tang and smiles. "Sharp as a piranha's tooth." She then shows her short bow which was made from a black wood that is smooth to the touch. Burned into the handle is a B and a I. "I call him Feast Feller, HAHAHAHA, you have curvy knife, Can you skin a deer well with that'un?"

After listening to his answer, she explains her armor,
[b]"About a year ago, me's in Savannah stalking wildebeast. Me absolute still, me hear rustle in tall grass and turn quick with Feast Feller in hand...shhhhh, like, Rhino walk near me, he sees me, he ready to charge, I put arrow in his eye and me bring hide to Kibwe for armor. Me eat meat, and sell horn to pay make armor."


Fir/Bel
The door swings open with no problem. You can see several of the guards dashing away from various posts in the direction of the main palace building. It is unclear what has drawn their attention.


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Sturgiss looks over at the chanting noise. "Well I don't know about you, but I've been on the road a long time, and a pint in a true Dwarven Ale house, might be just the ticket to revive my spirits". "Plus it sounds like they might be behind the King I'm supposed to go see for sure".

Sturgiss heads for the door, oblivious to the stares of others at his archaic armor...he's seen them before.


Sturgiss/Killiam

As you enter the tavern you see several patrons chanting loudly. They are swilling ale and wine and a few are dancing around to the chant. At the bar is a dwarf with dark hair and a large bosom serving people.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica grabs all of her gear and says, "Let's see what be afoot!"

Barring disaggreement, they run towards the palace.


Male Dwarf Stonelord Paladin

Duran finished his keg of mead, and stands up as the chant calms down.

"Good men and women of the mountains! Fellow dwarves and the rare overworldler visitors! I am Duran from House Davadar, I come here to hire brave and worthy warriors and adventurers, not as a Lord but as a mere fellow among you who wishes to keep the King unharmed. The King will soon go on a journey, and I wish to hire those who are willing to join me as his escort. Not as someone loyal to one of the Great Houses, but as a kingsguard who wants to ensure the safety of our great ruler!" Duran shouted past the remnants of the chant, and watched the reaction of patrons and newcomers. To avoid the accusations of the other Houses Duran has to find people who are loyal to the King above all, and would even be willing to ignore his own orders as the one who hired them, if it were endangering the King.


Firbell grins as Belvica races off, happy - for the first time in a long time - to be out of his cavern, especially with such fun going on and interesting people to meet. "Common Gidma!" the druid shouts before racing after her. The wolverine sighs dramatically before pulling itself out of the garden it'd been burrowing in, shakes itself off vigorously, and shambles resolutely after his friend.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica follows the guards trailing them at a far enough distance not to arouse suspicion while close enough to see exactly where they are going.

You bess be keeping back she whispers at Firbell and Gidma and she sees....


Male Dwarf Stonelord Paladin

...rabbits! thousands and thousands of RABBITS!


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

After the fancy talking Dwarf finishes his speech, Sturgiss stares around the room gauging the reactions of the crowd. In the moment of silence surrounding the announcement he slides back his chair, and puts his sole-less shoes on the table facing the young dwarf. "Well I don't know this King of yours, but if he can put a new pair of boots on these worn feet, I can probably walk another year or two".


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

after a keg of mead there should be a bit more shhhhs and ssss and a couple hiccups, :) Belvica would be just as happy hunting rabbits, dwarfborne ranger style...


Male Dwarf Stonelord Paladin

...I don't even remember posting that, thank the gods I did it in ooc though o.O


Sleep posting again are we? Haha it's good to be back. Better get your dice ready!

Sturgiss/Killiam/Duran
After his pronouncement the patrons of the bar let out a loud cheer and many clap their hands. Several continue the chant, their words slurred by ale and boisterous fun.

Along with Sturgiss another dwarf sidles up to the table and addresses Duran. He wears blackened coat of chainmail and on is his back is an axe with a similar finish. His beard is a deep black as well, although it seems to be dyed deeper than it would naturally be. His eyes are a stone grey and carry a seriousness to them. "Yer lookin for kingsguard? What kind of mission is it? His voice is deep and seems to echo even though he speaks softly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------
Firbell/Belvica

As you rush forward you see several guards crowded around a pile of something on the ground. You see several of the guards swing their swords and one cries out in pain. He is suddenly lifted off the ground and then dropped with a sickening thud. As your eyes adjust you can see eight eyes glimmer in the gloom and then another guard is thrown against the wall by a dark insectoid leg.

[roll INITIATIVE!]


Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Init Gidma (if needed): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica prepares her axe and

Something strange be afoot

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Mostly because I feel like Ive known her for such a long while, I want her to use her Ranger's focus on whatever that monster is.


Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Firbell, Belvica, Spiders, Gidma, Soldiers.


Spoilered? Unspoilered? Distance to target? # of targets?


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Want to take the ones on the Right, I like left


Oooohh! I like left! Fine, we'll take turns. This time, you can take left. :D


Male Dwarf Stonelord Paladin

Duran looks at the two before him and smiles. "The mission is one where the King will travel, and thus is in need of companions. As for payment, I believe we can agree on something, you will officially be hired by House Davadar and as such you will be paid, but in fact this doesn't matter in regards of the mission, where the King's safety is above any orders a Davadar could give you. You won't need to even wear my House tabard or similar like the family guards, although if you do wish so, I can get you a cape." He invites them to sit to his table.

My bad writing earlier keg, blame my english for it, I meant to say something like the german mug and hungarian korsó
LINK LINK


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

You need to druidate that dam-ned spider :)


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

a Steinkrugerl is es.... aber das mit den Hasen...:) sorry guys me and my polyglotness...


Male Dwarf Stonelord Paladin
Insnare wrote:
a Steinkrugerl is es.... aber das mit den Hasen...:) sorry guys me and my polyglotness...

mit nem playboy hase? XD


...Are you going to attack the spider? Und mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut...

Duran
The dwarf nods in understanding."Well if the king needs pertecting ye have my axe." He takes a long draught of his ale and then motions to the bartender for two more drinks. The barmaid hastily brings them over and places them in front of you.


Firbell Moleskin wrote:
Spoilered? Unspoilered? Distance to target? # of targets?

This was me asking poorly phrased questions about how you want combat to go. Spoilered or no? I am also wondering how far away they are and how many, as that information will affect what I do. But I will be attacking the spider yes.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

The guards are already in melee, which I figured not to whip out my bow to avoid any friendly fire deaths.


Male Dwarf Barbarian/1 18/18 AC: 15 Init: +2 Fort:+4 Ref:+2 Wil:+0

Kilaim follows Sturgiss's lead and heads inside. Somewhat anxious to be on his way. What are ye lookin fer?


Round 1:
Firbell stands shocked for half a second, and then bursts into motion. "Gidma attack!" and then begins a complex motion and chant in a strange tongue, and the ground erupts in tuberous plants around the spiders legs.

Cast Entangle to catch both spiders if possible. Do you want me to dictate Gidma's actions or would you like to?


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica squints her eyes at the spider on the left spider bringing into focus and attacks it with her battle axe

1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7 I guess its flat footed because its tangled and stuff.

Damage 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

Missed most likely...


Male Dwarf Stonelord Paladin

Duran sees Kilaim burst in, and looks at Sturgiss. "Your friend?"


Reflex1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Reflex2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

The vines seem to be more annoyances to the spiders than anything. The first bites in at Belvica. Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The other turns and fires a web off in the direction of the druid. Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Gidma charges in, all snarling teeth and claws.
Enter Rage 6/6. HP: 22/22, AC: 11 (Rage -2, charging -2). Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica deftly dodges the attack of the spider. Hope you don't mind me going a little out of turn, if the guard move to flank or setup a flank for Belvica, that would rock.

"May the lioness bring me salvation!" as she brings her axe for another swing.

1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 1 = 21
damage 1d8 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 3 = 12


Male Dwarf Cleric 1
Duran Daemric Davadar wrote:
Duran sees Kilaim burst in, and looks at Sturgiss. "Your friend?"

"Well I guess technically I've known him longer than anyone else in this hold".

To Kilaim

"I'm not really sure...but this seems right". "They're at least talking about the King, and this feller here says the King needs help".


Belvica/Firbell

Gidma rushes in biting at the spider's legs. It lets out a screech and looks angry. Seeing the distraction the guards rush in and begin pulling bodies off the pile. Firbell is entangled, you need to get out of it so I'll take belvica first. The ranger's axe chops through the spider's body and it falls with a sickening crunch. The other one chitters loudly at the sight and bites at Gidma 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4.

Tavern
Keep RPing please.


Firbell tries to dodge, but reacts too late at a mass of webbing sweeps across his body, trussing him tightly. He struggles mightily and tries to not panic as well as break free. Raising his voice, he shouts instructions to his friend, "Attack Gidma! Attack!"

Strength Check to break free: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Gidma's actions. Can someone please check me on attacking with teeth and claws? Can Gidma even do so at this level? I feel like I'm doing it wrong. Thanks!

Gidma comes at the spider again, ear cocked slightly hearing the odd timbre in the druids voice, but this time attacks with teeth and claws.
Continue Rage 5/6 rounds left. HP: 18/22, AC: 13 (Rage -2).

Attack Teeth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5.
Attack Claws1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Attack Claws2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

As per our discussion, continued focus on new enemy same encounter

Belvica turns toward the second spider, moves in a flanking position, squints at it, and attacks it with her battleaxe.

1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 18

Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

"Spider Shahlik on the brai this eve, eye Firbell, HAHAHAHAHA!!!!"


Spiders!

The druid rips through the sticky webbing holding him down. As he does so, his ferocious companion latches onto the other spider's leg and is pulling on it. The turns to look in the direction of the wolverine giving Belvica the opportunity she needs. Her axe swing up severing the legs of the giant creature and into its soft underbelly. Blood seeps down as it crashes to the ground, no longer among the living.

400XP each :) good job.

The guards hastily pull their comrades back untangling the webs from them. As you stand there a male dwarf wearing a leather tunic runs forward to Belvica. "By the Gods! Thank you friends, you've helped us greatly." He looks to the goings on of the guards then turns back to you."What be your name strangers?"


Male Dwarf Stonelord Paladin

I wanted to leave them time for some comment, how could I do this alone?


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica helps the guards up and smiles "Belvica Insnareba, at your service. What do you know about where these Spiders came from?" , she then wipes her axe blade off, puts it in her belt and takes out her knife.

After the conversation, She then goes to work, carefully skinning the spiders, removing their venom pouches, web shooters and preparing them for later consumption.

Does she find any treasure, maybe a swallowed ring in one of their stomach linings?


Firbell walks over, picking strands of webbing off his clothing on the way. He looks down as Gidma is tossing a spider leg up and down playfull, "Good girl." he says to her, and then turns his attention to the soldiers and Belvica, "I'm Firbell Moleskin, and his is Gidma. Are you all alright? That was some pretty impressive axe-work Belvica, you seem to have done this before."

Dismiss Entangle if it's still active


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica blushes at the compliment.
Thank you! I saw a witch doctor outside Osibu who did what you did with the plants, how you do?

Belvica throws Gidma a spider's leg to chew on and then pets him.

After finishing with the spiders, she says "Want to find more spiders? We track"


Firbell chuckles at her question but doesn't answer, and then bends down to check on Gidma's bite, withdrawing his hand quickly when the wolverine growls at a painful prod, "Think we can find some spiders more susceptible to being tangled up?"

He then finishes his inspection of Gidma and says some strange words with a flair of his hands. What follows is a incomprehensible conversation between the druid and his wolverine friend.

Cast speak with animals

Gidma Conversation:
Firbell - "Thank you for fighting. You kill well friend.
Gidma - Yes.
Firbell - I will fix hurts tomorrow.
Gidma - Hurts? No hurts, silly dwarf.
Firbell - ...Ok Gidma


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Using her Wild Empathy skill, she can see Gidma told a joke and gives him a smile. Although she has no idea what was said. Then she pets him one more time behind the ears.

"Me like Gidma. she then looks at guards and says "WHat is happen, here?"


Firbell/Belvica

The man smiles and bows slightly. "My name is Arken Depwell. King of Kel Mar, heir to the Depwell lineage. A pleasure to make your acquaintance." One of the guards comes over and says something quietly to the king who merely nods and points to the wall about 100ft behind him. The guard saunters off in the direction of the dark stone.

The king turns back to you."Thank you for coming to our aid. I'm not sure how those spider's got through, perhaps I ought to hire you as my guards instead of those bumbling fools. He shakes his head as if at some private joke."I shouldn't be so hard on them, they've not had a real emergency in a long while. Thank you again."

He looks over the corpses of the spiders, "Never mind, we have more pressing matters. You two handle yourselves well, follow me." He makes one more comment to the guard and heads off in the direction of the main palace.


Firbell stands there, stunned, as Arken introduces himself, by the time he starts to kneel, the King has already ordered him to follow and headed away. He turns towards Belvica, and mouths the Kings name, 'Arken' (preferably at the exact same time as she does) and then scrambles after the King, a wild smile on his face.


Male Dwarf Stonelord Paladin

After a short discussion Duran agrees with the three dwarves to hire them in the name of House Davadar and prepares for the journey. None of them are forced to wear any kind of House Insignia, but Duran still tries to get their motives and background known better.

Duran decides to go before the king with the three of them.

Sorry I took the initiative, if this is a problem just change it, I suggest Kilaim especially but also Sturgiss to be sure should be contacted via PM and get asked if they continue in the game or drop out. If you don't get replies in 3 days please consider inviting players who got either not chosen on the first run or shown interest in joining after the initial group has been picked.

Given a chance I do these:

1d20 ⇒ 17 Sense Motive check to get a clue why they joined up (reason for most rolls is the NPC one)
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Diplomacy to Gather Information about the three dwarves
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 Local to see if they are known in Kel Mar and if yes for what (treat any score higher than 10 as 10, as it is not a trained check)
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 Nobility check to see if they are in any way related to other nobles, or if there is info about them in past being hired by other Houses

101 to 150 of 582 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chapter 1: In the Hall of the Mountain King All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.