Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Last Forge (Inactive)

Game Master drawesome1111

Deep in the halls of Kel Mar, the last dwarven stronghold, an echo stirs. Heroes are called forth to save their homes and traditions, lest they be lost forever...


501 to 550 of 582 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Paladin, AC 17, HP12, F4, R2 W2

Thoradin does the deed, and finishes each orc off, before scanning the remaining area for threats

Perception1d20 ⇒ 7

"They fought well, not as awell as us.. but we had Torag on our side. Is everyone alright?"


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

What? I wanted to interrogate them...The king did not make a ruling on it... They were tied up...


The king did allow Thoradin to kill them.


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

"Wait"! "Shhhh"! "Does everyone hear that". "We might be in a bit of a picke". "I hear the blasting of horns from the city walls...and the sounds of combat from down the stairs". "Any ideas"?

Sturgiss begins to figit and dance around. The smell of smoke starts to form to those close around him.


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

I'm obviously not the most military minded among us, but why are we hiding like cowards up here, when we could be helping out there? And yes, this hold is under siege.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

We shoulds eliminate the threat underneath and maybese cans outflanks them from behind on the outsides... Theres more downstairs we should get thems...


Male Paladin, AC 17, HP12, F4, R2 W2

"All good plans, but we can't be everyhere at once. We should locate the Local Commander, and see where we are needed most. Sire, Do you know who is in Command here, or do you have a Diffrent plan for us?"


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

They has an army, the cans do the aboves orcs... we does belows... best take out ones here fires elsways...


Firbell waits for someone in charge to make a decision, "Whatever we do, let us do it quickly! We're doing no one any good right here."


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

Agreed, let's kill every orc we find until we reach this commander. Armor up front, followed by the King, then archers behind. Give the archers time to fire before you engage. Logical?


Firbell nods his agreement and looks expectantly at his King. He stows his bloodied scimitar after hurriedly wiping it a relatively clean spot on one of the orcs, and pulls his sling. "Caution Gidma, stay wary." he says to his animal companion, who gives him a dull look before turning and facing forward. Adjusting his shield onto his off-hand, he signals their readiness to proceed.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Belvica looks at the ground to Survival track to follow the orcs1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25

They came from thisaways.... Rangers Lead The Way! She marches in the direction of where the orcs came from with axe in hand, spoiling for a fight.


Male Paladin, AC 17, HP12, F4, R2 W2

"Aye lad, you have a eye for Stragety.. I'm sorry, I did't catch your names. I'm Thoradin, devout of Torag. Let us speak as we move toward our goal."


The king nods to Belvica, "I think you're right, I know the watch commander here. He would defend the wall at all costs. Let's move!" He follows after the ranger as she darts down the stairs. You find that from here down the halls and stairwells are littered with orcish bodies, armor, and randomly scattered weapons.

You descend to a floor made of dirt, and you see guards milling about. There is a door standing slightly open and just behond it you can hear the crashing of battle and the yelling of armies.


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

Morg spots someone who's uniform looks different than the norm. You there! Situation report, to the King!


Firbell acknowledges the Paladin, and gestures towards his wolverine while they hustle along after Belvica.
"Well met Thoradin, I'm Firbell and this is Gidma. Happy to have you along"

Once they near the sounds of battle, Firbell is awed by the scale of the conflict. "What can we do?" he whispers to no one in particular.


Morg catches a guard by the arm and the man looks at the newcomer, "Uh...I'm not sure what happened. Our reports gave us no indication that there was any threat, then suddenly the watch saw them early in the morning... THOUSANDs of them... they attacked.... " You see another man wave at the one you're holding and he wrenches himself free.

As Firbell steps outside the door you can see the corpses of hundreds of both humans and orcs, there are medics running around tending to those who have not yet passed on. For the most part you can see the orcish line has been pushed back to several hundred yards from the wall. There is a clear battle line. Ever so often you see a hail of arrows or stones from the top of the wall rain down on the battle.


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

Morg looks out, almost knowingly. His arms are crossed in very defensive body language.

There's only one thing to do... We can't stop an army, but we can disrupt its leadership. It's chains of command and communication. It will make them even less effective.

Uncertainty, then fear... and desertion. The ranks should crumble.


Firbell looks over, an incredulous look on his face, "What are you suggesting exactly, 'disrupt its leadership'? You mean assassinate someone?" The druid looks around at the others, seeking confirmation.


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

Whatever it takes...


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Morgl, dose youse have a generalfinding spells? she says quizzically.


In response to Morgs last reply, Firbell just gulps and reaches absently down to place his hand on Gidma's head, unconsciously seeking that companionship in the face of the grisly, but possibly necessary, suggestion.


Suddenly you feel the ground shake again... a deep shuddering as fissures appear and parts of the rock floor jut up into the air.

As you look out across the battlefield you see a blue shimmering haze appear and then with a loud CRACK all the orcs vanish. The soldiers look around baffled.

The king steps out and begins to walk around the battlefield.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

This bese like a rhino with a mane.


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

Sturgiss follows in the King's footsteps ever vigilant.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Perception
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 Knowledge: Religion

"What the"? "I don't understand".


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

Answering Ensnare, No.

Morg tags along in case he's needed.

Kn Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Kn Planes: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Kn Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13


Male Paladin, AC 17, HP12, F4, R2 W2

"What Trickery is this?"

Thoradin checks his hammer, to see if there is still blood on it..


Firbell sticks near the King, looking around the previously orc-filled battle grounds.

K: Nature: 1d20 ⇒ 20


The blood remains on your weapons and the corpses of orcs and men remain where they lay. As you pick your way through the troubled landscape you can see the king's face shift from confusion to anger and back.

All of you peer around and try to search your memories for some reason why this could happen. It is only Morg who senses it... the faintest aura of magic. But it's a magic like none he's ever felt before. Even the faintness of it as it vanishes presses in on your mind. You realize that whatever created this was an extraordinarily powerful magic.

The king turns around and marches back inside, you can see his fury as he struggles to understand what has happened. Then suddenly without warning he stops in his tracks. A look of fear passes over him.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Knowledge Dungeoneering 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8 to see if she recognises the orc tribe from the dead bodies.

Your Great Chiefness, do youse recognises the orc types, we did just fought? If yes, we can go orkin...


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

This is big magic, I can sense it. It [s strong, like nothing before. Morg holds his hands out, as if touching something unseen.


"What is it, oh kingly King?" Firbell asks with concern in his voice.


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

I don't pretend to speak for the King, but.... That's the look of recognizing a prophecy, or close to it, Druid.


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

It may have to do with Firbell and I's blue mark...


The king hesitates for a moment then continues moving. He leads you back inside the wall and you see a man in armor approaching you at a quickening pace. He steps forward to the king and speaks in rapid hushed words. "By the Gods! You're alright, good, good. I was afraid when the attack hit that you might have been killed." The look of fear you saw earlier on the king is now reflected. "Please we must speak now... it is coming."

The king nods and speaks, "Give me a few moments to speak with my friends here, then I will meet you in conference." The man looks grim but walks away.

The king turns back to you and looks tired, much more worn than he did the night before when you arrived. "I suppose I should explain more of what is going on. I recruited some of you as protectors from the Kel to accompany me here, but you didn't know why. And for that I thank you. " He swallows and continues, " We first noticed that there was a strange energy signature in the depths of the Dryzitium mines. Something was accessing arcane power and removing huge chunks of the stones that power our Kel. Yet no one was going in or out of the main shaft. We sent several crews down to explore, and none came back. I sent word to all the Kels to see if this was an uncommon experience, and when the letters returned it seemed that this was happening everywhere. The kings of the various Kel's planned a meeting to discuss what could be happening, and bring the greatest minds together. However shortly after we did this, the Elven home was attacked. Orcs , goblins and the like suddenly appeared just outside the wood and burned it to the ground. The others became too frightened and began bolstering their own realms ignoring the others. But I chose to leave to find the truth, against much advisement I might add." He smiles slightly. "I'm sorry I didn't explain it until now, I was afraid I would frighten you off from this task. But you must understand. It is important to find out what this power is and who is wielding it before it is too late." He looks deep into each one of your faces. "Please join in this meeting. Please, you are my friends. Join the conversation."


Male Paladin, AC 17, HP12, F4, R2 W2

"I Will be your Shield, Sire, what would you have me do?"


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

Conversing bese my specialtyse, your excellency! she then turns to Firbell and whispers:

Spoiler:
Mese no understands what is goins ons, can we go to forest again and hunt with our birdy friends?


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

Morg simply nods.


Firbell tilts his head closer to Belvica's,

Belvica:
"I'd rather be in my cave, but I get your point. Something magic and bad is happening, that's mostly what I understand"

Raising his head again, "Sire, not that I'm unwilling to try, but how can we fight such a powerful magic-user? One who can summon armies from the air and teleport earth and stone over great distances... what can be done?"


The king looks to Thoradin,"Thank you, my friend."

He the turns to Firbell and sighs deeply, "I understand... but if we do not try then no one will. The other kings have abandoned us and taken to hiding like frightened children in their homes. But if this magic user is as powerful as believed, we must do something...even if it is insignificant."

As you finish the conversation you are led into a council like chamber where you see several militarily clad men huddled around a map. As you enter the man at the head of the table greets the king and acknowledges your arrival.

Once you are seated he speaks, "The situation has become Dire my friends. The wall has been attacked and although it wasn't breached, this is a significant problem. We have been tracking reports of similar attacks over course of the last few months. They have occured here, here, and here." He points to three corresponding points on the map infront of him. We need to explore each of these places, and see if we can come up with any information on these attacks. Also there have been rumors that in the western desert there has been a high level of arcane energy. We need a recon team to seek it out and return with anything they can tell us if it is related to the attacks." He looks around the room at each of you.


Firbell gulps and almost doesn't speak up, but his King did ask it of him, "I believe we," and he indicates his other companions, "are a good possibility for a scout team. Do we have any idea of what should be looked for at these locations? Or why these attacks have happened where they did?"


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

We'll need supplies, tools, transport.. I could use access to some arcane scrolls. I'll need to craft.


Male Dwarf Cleric 1

"Count me in". "I ain't scared of no magic, and I ain't met a mage yet that could still cast with a Pick embedded in their skulls".


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

What a quaint perspective. Lovely travel companion, for certain.


"Very well, Thank you for your support. We'll work out the details and get you on your way." He points to the map again. "The places that were attacked were the City of the Lake, The Enclave, and the Port of Kel Dwyn to the South."

Where would you like to go first?


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

Do the locations have different characteristics? Which may be the quickest win?


Female Dwarf Ranger(Guide)

I think the Port is the best choice!


Male Dwarf Wizard 3

Morg thinks on what may be different between the locations... or if any are particularly noted regarding magic.

Kn Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Kn Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Kn Planes: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


Male Paladin, AC 17, HP12, F4, R2 W2

"I would be Honored to Serve our King in this Task, Let me return to my Room, and gather my gear, while my companions decide where we are going."

[ooc]I go back and Pick up any gear I had left in my Room.


We have one vote for the Port? anyone else... going once...

501 to 550 of 582 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chapter 1: In the Hall of the Mountain King All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.