Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Knights of Luruar

Game Master Graynore


51 to 100 of 431 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Wood Elf Druid 2

Yep, I gave her an extra round to come in. Since I haven't had time to completely "train" her.

Round 2
Anasth fires another arrow, maintaining a short distance.

1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 4 = 6
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

but the shot flies wide, over the large creature and Jaxon.


M Human Bard (Eldritch Might Variant) 2

Alder smiles grimly as the creature drops his weapon; he looses another arrow and then begins to sing to encourage his companions.

Attack with longbow, begin Inspire Courage spellnote, which won't take effect until my next turn

1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 1 - 4 = 2
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Jaxon, sorry -- moving in to flank would cost me a turn (since I can't move and draw a weapon in the same action yet). So I'll keep with the arrows and let the wolf flank.

Noticing the green flash and the disappearance of the caravan (DM Gray: is this our caravan that's disappearing now?), Alder racks his brain for any stories or lore he's heard of in the North about such magics.

Knowledge (Local - The North):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Alder:Yes, your caravan with all the gnomes just went poof.

Spoiler:
You rack your brain about the magic but you're not sure. Fey magic is well rumored to use illusions and teleportations to escape.

The great beast is in fact an ogre of the Nether Mountains. Such beasts rarely travel alone.


Male Moon Elf Ranger1(Deep Walker)

Knowing that they could use whatever advantages they can get against such a brute of a creature, Ariael somersaults around the beast, setting up a more advantageous positioning with Jaxon, then strikes out with his rapier. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Tumble. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Rapier attack for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 damage


Ogre's counter roll/aoo w/ damage 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 82d8 + 13 ⇒ (2, 7) + 13 = 22
well, page 30 of CBoEM makes the counter roll the DC; therefore, Ariael tied and hit the dc so there is no aoo. The issue is that you can only move 20 feet with a tumble; therefore, you are immediately north of the ogre and can take a 5 foot step next round to be flanking.

Ariael rolls under the ogre's swing and stabs it weakly in the arm before coming back on the defensive. The ogre swings wildly at Ariael again striking a solid shot. attack roll 18, damage 16

Status:
Jaxon: -17hp
Alder:
Anasth:
Ariael: -16hp
"great brute" ogre: -21hp

Start Round 3. Everyone is up Wolf appears 40' to the north of the ogre


Male Human Rogue 2

Cal continues making his way around the Ogre's flank, trying to line up with the rapier-wielding soldier. "Thanks mate."

attack 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 = 17

1d8 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 3 + (5) = 9


Wood Elf Druid 2

With a snarled command that makes little sense to those speaking full languages, followed by the sound "Desfra", Anasth releases another arrow at the ogre.

1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 4 = 8 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

The arrow again goes wide, missing its mark as Anasth bends his wrist at the right moment to keep from hitting his ally.

A large wolf bounds out of the dark rain nearby, charging and leaping at the ogre's throat with an open-mouthed howl.

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

It slips in the mud at the last moment, narrowly avoiding running into the ogre's legs.


Male Moon Elf Ranger1(Deep Walker)

Closing the last few feet to the huge monstrosity, Ariael strikes out again at it with his rapier 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 Rapier attack for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


M Human Bard (Eldritch Might Variant) 2

Alder continues to sing, weaving in the tales of the Grandfather Tree, the unfailing strength of the ancient forest, and the courage of true heroes.

Inspire Courage goes into effect after my initiative count, giving everyone within a 20-foot radius +1 to attack and damage, as well as +2 to saves vs. charm and fear

Frowning at the poor aim of his last shot, he tries again, loosing an arrow at the monster.

1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 4 = 14
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

For some reason I typed the wrong attack bonus on my last shot, not that it mattered.

P.S. If you want to know what Alder's Inspire Courage song does not sound like, I give you a bizarre ethno-sploitation performance organized by the Russian Olympic Committee for Vancouver:

One, of, amazingly, many versions


Jaxon spears the ogre which opens up Ariael to stab the ogre in the heart. With a whimper, the ogre falls and continues to bleed out.

Another green flash occurs and the caravan reappears. The gnomes are standing on top of the wagons with crossbows loaded and pointing in all directions. After a quick glance around, Glimly smiles and waves "Oh, I guess you handled the ogre. Well, much thanks! You should tend to your wounds and we'll keep a lookout for anymore biggens about."

out of combat. Congrats on your first combat victory!
Let's use the PFRPG xp tables. next level is 1,300 xp. each of you receive 300 xp. Threw in a boost for the weather. If there isn't anything else, then I will move the party on


Wood Elf Druid 2

Desfra narrowly avoids the ogre falling on her, then looks up to Anasth with a whimper.

He makes a growling, purring noise in the back of his throat, thrusting his chin back towards the wilderness the wolf came from. The wolf's ears perk up in response and it darts back into the darkness.

"I'll see what arrows I can recover. This cursed weather improved my aim none at all."


Male Human Rogue 2

"Ow." Cal said, sitting down hard on the ground. "Ow. Ow. Ow. I feel kinda sick. Also, ow."


Wood Elf Druid 2

Arrow 1 1d100 ⇒ 51
Arrow 2 1d100 ⇒ 41

Anasth returns from his hunt to still find the others injured, and he silently berates himself for not seeing to their wounds first.

"This druid business is sometimes more complex than I am used to."

Healing Touch
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


M Human Bard (Eldritch Might Variant) 2

Alder also hunts for the two arrows of his that went wide.

1d100 ⇒ 39
1d100 ⇒ 52

Turning to Glimly, Alder asks: Any idea what happened to you?
He checks his bowstring and keeps an arrow at the ready, scanning the trees and the road ahead for any more signs of danger


Glimly looks to Alder, "Umm yah, well, it's just a little trick I can do from time to time. Nothing special. We should probably find a place to rest for the night?" The other gnomes look to eachother and get busy checking straps and harnesses as Glimly talks.


continue to heal if you wish. Anasth can heal a number of creatures equal to 1 plus level plus wisdowm modifier per day with unlimited use. A given creature can only be healed a number of times per day equal to his/her level plus constitution modifier. Grace points are healed first.
Unless there is any further conversation, I will be moving this along.

Kythorn 3, Year of Wild Magic
The night goes by without much worry. The rain slows to a drizzle a little before midnight. After a quick breakfast, you set off down the road again.

The gnomes seem to keep more to themselves. They become evasive if anyone mentions the events of the past day. Even Jaxon merely gets an apoligetic shrug.

While the rain has stopped the wind continues to howl for the remainder of the day. By noon, you reach the branch to the south with a sign that reads "Khels" but the caravan continues to march to the east toward your ultimate goal. By nightfall, you begin to march into the hills of Silverymoon Pass.
are there any activities that you would like to accomplish prior to nightfall?


M Human Bard (Eldritch Might Variant) 2

Alder tries to draw the gnomes out a bit, not touching on the disappearing act per se, but trying to learn more about who they are and what they're doing.

Diplomacy check:
20 + 7 = 27

If there's nothing to be gained from that quarter, he just keeps his ears open and his arrow ready.


Male Moon Elf Ranger1(Deep Walker)

Ariael avoids talking to the gnomes, such trickery in combat like that bothers him and strikes him as almost cowardly. Instead, he spends the hours before nightfall polishing and sharpening his weapons, paying extra care and attention to his rapier. Since he only needs four hours of rest, he'll offer to take the middle shift for watch.


Male Human Rogue 2

Jaxon says most of the night nursing a stiff neck from the Ogre's club, which he complains about periodically even after receiving care and healing.


Wood Elf Druid 2

Anasth occasionally looks down from his somewhat comfortable perch in a nearby tree.

"It will heal with time, friend. Just because the healing magic of nature does not absolve your pains, it does not mean that nature will abandon treating them completely."

His eyes take on a far away look, as though his attention were diverted elsewhere. He readjusts his stance on the branch and continues his watch or his meditation.


Alder does his best to get some information out of Glimly to no avail. During the afternoon break, one of the drivers, Gresh, comes up to Alder. With a whisper, "Alder, Glimly is a little too close to the Cloakshadow to divulge anything. I'm not sure how he does it but I don't think he can control it very well. Sometimes he mutters something about Jeriah's toy." With that, Gresh moves back to his post.

The day closes as you set camp in the foothills of Silverymoon Pass. The wind finally starts to die down as the night grows cold. As it nears sunrise, a fog begins to roll in.

Kythron 4, Year of Wild Magic

The caravan begins before the sun melts the fog. A startling sound of a high pitched wine is heard to the north.

everyone roll perception and initiative


Wood Elf Druid 2

Perception
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Initiative
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


M Human Bard (Eldritch Might Variant) 2

Perception
1d20 ⇒ 4

Initiative
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

I'll also make a Knowledge (Local - The North) check to see if I can make heads or tails of Jeriah or the Cloakshadow

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


M Human Bard (Eldritch Might Variant) 2

Clearly the dice want Alder to be a scholar and a diplomat, a warrior not so much.


Alder:

Spoiler:
The Cloakshadow is a short name of Baravar Cloakshadow; gnome god of illusions, deception, traps, and wards. The name Jeriah doesn't ring a bell.

Jaxon's perception and initiative1d20 ⇒ 81d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Ariael's perception and initiative1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Anasth sees multiple forms running toward the caravan with a motley assortment of weapons. All of them are about six to seven feet tall with green skin and tusks.

surprise round: Anasth take a single standard action. The creatures close to within 40 feet to the north.

Round 1: you are all up first.
Anasth, your wolf will arrive next round:
1d4 ⇒ 1


Male Moon Elf Ranger1(Deep Walker)

Sorry, crazy weekend, meant to post while at work today, never got around to it.

Ariael draws forth one of his daggers, and prepares himself for whatever it is that is incoming. I'm going to ready an action to throw my dagger as soon as one of them comes within range.


Wood Elf Druid 2

Anasth picks out one of the charging creatures with his bow and releases an arrow.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Human Rogue 2

"Eh? What's... Oh hell, again?"

Drawing a strange looking bent tube, like a thick wand, Cal takes aim...

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

And with a sound like thunder, it erupts with smoke and fire.

you never gave me stats on the pistol. Are we using the stuff out of the 3.5 DMG, or are there special rules in some forgotton realms book? Can you tell me what the stats are, or where to look?


M Human Bard (Eldritch Might Variant) 2

Alder begins to chant the old songs of the Uthgardt, aiming to steel his allies for battle. He then lets loose an arrow at one of the creatures who has not yet been struck.

Begins Inspire Courage spellnote as a move action (goes into effect at my next turn); fires longbow as attack

Longbow attack:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Longbow damage:
1d8 ⇒ 1

Do we recognize the creatures as orcs (or something else)? If not, Alder makes a Knowledge (Local - The North) check to see if he can identify them.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Wood Elf Druid 2

Round 1

Anasth fires again, releasing another primal howl. It's answered again from the nearby wilderness.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Sorry Jaxon. 3.5 dmg for now on the firearms. Roll damage.
Alder, apparently not. Seriously? That wam of knowledge checks and then that? Guess your charms ont he dice machine have worn off.
Ariael, just roll the attack and damage when you ready the action just in case we need to use it.

The green brutes charge with their swords, axes and spiked maces held high into your left flank. Three charge into Ariael whom twists out of the way of one strike but the other two land solidly (22 damage). Two more come at the flanks attacking Jaxon and Alder. Jaxon is able to side step the attack but Alder takes a hit to his forearm (5 damage).

Spoiler:
three charge and attack Ariael (they are 5' away from Jaxon and Alder) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 181d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 141d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
One attacks Alder(5' away from Ariael) and one attacks Jaxon(5' away from Ariael)1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 211d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Status:
Jaxon:
Alder: -5hp
Ariael: -22hp
Anasth:
Anasth wolf:
green 1:
green 2:
green 3:
green 4:
green 5:

Start Round 2


Male Moon Elf Ranger1(Deep Walker)

Well, I'm almost dead. Are you sure these aren't too strong for us?

As one of creatures closes in on him, Ari flings his dagger at it, hoping to weaken the brute before it gets close. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Dagger toss for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

After the things strike him, he cries out in pain as their attacks bring him close to being dead.


Wood Elf Druid 2

Anasth draws his blade, shouldering his bow swiftly. (If any enemies are within 5 feet, he takes a 5 foot step and attacks.)

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Desfra the Wolf bounds into battle again, charging and leaping at the throat of one of the green humanoids attacking Ariael.

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 2 = 20
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 and trip.


Male Human Rogue 2

1d10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 damage


M Human Bard (Eldritch Might Variant) 2

Wincing at the pain, but never faltering in his song, Alder takes a step back (5 feet) and shoots at the creature that attacked him.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Inspire Courage now in effect for all allies


M Human Bard (Eldritch Might Variant) 2

Yep, whatever the dice machine and I had going, it's over.


Jaxon you attack1d5 ⇒ 5 so you put down the orc before he could attack you.
Ariael, you attacked1d3 ⇒ 1 you kill the first one that struck you so you only are down 11 hp. As to the difficulty, it is more that they rolled max damage.

redo round 1 The green brutes charge with their swords, axes and spiked maces held high into your left flank. Three charge at Ariael but he takes one of them down with a dagger throw to the throat. Ariael twists out of the way from one of the attacks but is hit solidly with another (11 damage). Two more come at the flanks attacking Jaxon and Alder. With a loud bang, Jaxon drops the orce charging him with a well placed shot. Alder takes a hit to his forearm (5 damage).

round 2 Anasth swings his blade but misses the orc. With a howl, a wolf leeps out of the fog and takes one of the greenskins attacking Ariael down by the throat.1d2 ⇒ 1 Alder swings his blade as he sings but fails to land a blow.

Ariael and Jaxon are up

Status:
Jaxon:
Alder: -5hp
Ariael: -11hp
Anasth:
Anasth wolf:
green 1: (attacking Alder)
green 2: dead
green 3: dead
green 4: (attacking Ariael)
green 5: dead


Male Moon Elf Ranger1(Deep Walker)

Wincing in pain the Elf slashes the green creature attacking him with his rapier 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Rapier for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Human Rogue 2

Jaxon drops his pistol back into it's holster and grips his spear in both hands, stepping closer to his companions and attempting to aid the closest with their attacker.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Ariael stabs the greenskin infront of him while Jaxon tries to assist but misses with his spear. The greenskin roars in rage while swinging his axe but misses. The other greenskin swings his spiked mace at Alder landing a powerful blow against his head. 4 damage

Spoiler:
green 4 attacks Ariael1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
green 1 attacks Alder1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 241d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Status:
Jaxon:
Alder: -9hp
Ariael: -11hp
Anasth:
Anasth wolf:
green 1: (attacking Alder)
green 2: dead
green 3: dead
green 4: (attacking Ariael) -4hp
green 5: dead

Round 3: everyone is up.


Wood Elf Druid 2

Anasth attacks again, his longsword slices through the air.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Desfra looks for another humanoid to attack from behind.

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 and trip


Male Human Rogue 2

"Stand still ya ugly bastards!"

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


M Human Bard (Eldritch Might Variant) 2

Alder steps back another few feet, attempts to lose himself in his song, and fires another arrow at the creature before him.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Anasth takes down the green skin on Ariael while the wolf chews on the creature. Jaxon stabs at the last one on Alder but misses. Alder jumps back and fires an arrow right into the chest of the greenskin which stuns the beast but does not drop it.

Status:
Jaxon:
Alder: -9hp
Ariael: -11hp
Anasth:
Anasth wolf:
green 1: (attacking Alder) -5hp
green 2: dead
green 3: dead
green 4: dead
green 5: dead

Ariael is up.


Male Moon Elf Ranger1(Deep Walker)

Ariael attempts to deliver a killing blow against whatever it is that's attacking Alder. [ooc]1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


DC: 14 Nature

Spoiler:
The green skins are orcs

With a final blow, Ariael stabs teh beast through the heart. Now that the immediate threat is over, you look to the caravan which is cloaked in deep fog but there are no sounds of violence coming from that direction.

Round 3: state your actions

Status:
Jaxon:
Alder: -9hp
Ariael: -11hp
Anasth:
Anasth wolf:
green 1: dead
green 2: dead
green 3: dead
green 4: dead
green 5: dead


M Human Bard (Eldritch Might Variant) 2

Alder softly continues his song, and moves cautiously toward the caravan.

If Anasth is free for a heal, I could use it

Perception:

1d20 ⇒ 12


Wood Elf Druid 2

Anasth holds up a hand, warning Desfra to hold her attack.

His hands glow with green energy as he moves forward to heal Alder.

Healing Touch(es)

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

And Ariael

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Alder looks around without seeing anything while Anasth heals his wounds. healed 3hp There is a swirl of mist and another large orc appears wearing a breastplate with a painted pattern on his chest and a great sword. Seeing you, the orc drops into a defensive guard and moves toward your party. The orc growls at you in its language but none of you seem to understand.

Round 4 starts (everyone is up, Ariael and Jaxon can take a round to prep[round 3 actions] but don't see the new threat until round 4. Orc is currently 20' southeast of your group).

Status:
Jaxon:
Alder: -6hp
Ariael: -11hp
Anasth:
Anasth wolf:
green 1: dead
green 2: dead
green 3: dead
green 4: dead
green 5: dead
Great Orc:


Male Moon Elf Ranger1(Deep Walker)

Retrieving the dagger that felled one of the green brutes, Ari is surprised when another appears from the mists.Round 3 action

He hurls his dagger at the creature, then moves to close into striking range 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 dagger toss for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

51 to 100 of 431 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Knights of Luruar All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.