Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Island of Fey

Game Master Nexumis

A new Island has been discovered south west of the Continent of Garund! The Pathfinder Society is looking for a small team, 3-6 members, to subcontract out to go investigate this Island and possibly begin colonizing it. Although not


401 to 450 of 532 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

retired

Round 4
Ekembe watches as Jakiim takes a face full of acidic goo and tries to support the Undine from a distance yet again. Trapper A (hopefully it's entangled?)

+1 Composite (+2 Str) Darkwood Longbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15for: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Status:

HP: 30/38
AC: 19 (14 T / 16 FF)
CMD: 18
F/R/W: +7/+9/+5
Warded: none
Healing Hex used on today: Sverinn, Jakiim, unknown number of Impliangs
Hero Points Used: 1/3

Prepared Cantrips (3): detect magic, guidance, light
Prepared 1st Level Spells (2+1): bungle [ ], ear piercing scream [ ], mage armor [X]

Mage Armor duration: 4 hours


Undine / Lvl. 4 Watersinger HP:17/41 AC::19/16/13 Fort:+3 Refl: +7 Will:+6 CMD:18

No more Inspire Courage...

Jakiim wipes his face with a slight wince of pain after being spit at again. "You'll all die slow and painfully." he says to the creature as he stabs at it again. Then he takes a 5'step back, and takes cover behind the nearest rock, trying to avoid the Trapper's spit this round.

Ranseur To-Hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Hoping this is good, since Trapper A is entangled, but I doubt it...
Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3) + 3 = 7 Just in case it is good.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

Current HP 13, INT -1. Sverinn did not pass any of the stones, happy to remain outside the area and watch the others investigate, she was leaning up against a tree

Fort save vs sickened/poison 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

"Seriously, why me?"Sverinn manages to grunt out as she is racked with pain.

"Time to end this, burn vile plant, burn!"

Sverinn raises a finger and a searing beam of fire shoots from her finger towards the bell plant.

Scorching Ray; ranged touch 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 - 2 = 13
damage 4d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 1, 2) = 12

If the bell plant is still up, Sverinn will use acid arrow next.


Haven seems to have figured out that these plants mean business, and so does he, he sends a piece of metal right down D's throat. The plant visually chocks and squeals in pain. After a moment though the metal is disintegrated and it glares at Haven, as only a trapper can, snapping its teeth together. awesome rolls, 22dam to D

Ekembe and Jakim double team entangled trapper A, as the rangers arrow pierced and went through Jakim follows the arrows path with his sharp and pointy ransure, driving the entangled plant into the ground to ooze and bleed out. After felling his spitting foe he hides behind the huge rock next to him. A is dead, Jakim has full cover behind the rock of the outer circle.

Sverinn succumbs to the vines poison, but even in her sickened state she's able to send a firey beam into the giant. Bell trap. It growled in pain sending two vines, teeth lined with poison, lashing at the wizardress. She manages to Dodge them both, as well as Otiven and Speedy. Jakim is not as lucky. 12 dam to bell and Sverinn takes 3 poison dam, you can save against it next rnd
loo

The vine (#3) wraps around his already wounded stomach, biting into his leg and squeezes his torso. Distracted from the bite he's unable to tell he's been wrapped up until he's looking down at the ground. About fifteen feet in the air Jakim is being constricted and pumped with acidic venom.
Jakim takes 5 dam, he's got grappled condition and must make a fort save DC 14 or be sickened and poisoned. EA check or cmb check DC 18 to break free of grapple

status rnd 4:

Bell31 dam
Trappers- A,B,C dead D- 24dam, E,F no dam.
vines- #3-9dam, the rest are no dam

dices:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 131d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 251d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 91d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


1d100 ⇒ 87 vs 85% for total. Cover. Vines are able to wrap around. The stone. Circumstances normally call for total cover meaning TOTAL. ANot being able to be targeted by any attacks. But certain other things are in the equation, I believe. 85% is fair for total cover. Which Bell just barely passed so I say make a reflex save DC 18 to avoid the grapple. Otherwise everything stays the same.


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

Growling, Jacen reloads his sling as he continues to retreat, slapping it at the plant that kept advancing on him. He longed to get out hte materials for another bomb and help his comrades, but the high grass and writhing vines kept him from seeing where his bombs might do the most damage.

Round5:

5' away, slingstaff at nearest plant

attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


retired

Whoa - there are vines we're fighting too? In addition to the big ol' bell thingamajig and the smaller flytraps? Well shoot!
Round 5

Seeing Jakiim struggling now with rope-like vines, Ekembe kneels to the ground placing his hand palm-down upon the dirt. A moment later, coruscating lines of light purple and emerald energy dance and arc across the ground toward the undine. In the blink of an eye, the energy lances up and envelopes Jakiim in a translucent field before fading from view a moment later.

ward hex on Jakiim: +2 deflection bonus to AC, +2 resistance bonus to all saves; lasts until struck or fail a save

status:

HP: 30/38
AC: 19 (14 T / 16 FF)
CMD: 18
F/R/W: +7/+9/+5
Warded: none
Healing Hex used on today: Sverinn, Jakiim, unknown number of Impliangs
Hero Points Used: 1/3

Prepared Cantrips (3): detect magic, guidance, light
Prepared 1st Level Spells (2+1): bungle [ ], ear piercing scream [ ], mage armor [X]

Mage Armor duration: 4 hours


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

Round 5?
Current Status: HP 10, INT -1
Fort save vs poison 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

What are the vines attached to? is each thing a separate creature? Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Surveying the scene, Sverinn points her finger at the bell plant and fires a bolt of pure force.

magic missile 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4,1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Undine / Lvl. 4 Watersinger HP:17/41 AC::19/16/13 Fort:+3 Refl: +7 Will:+6 CMD:18

Thanks for clearing that up, Marty.. BTW dndsheets.com is back up, so my Character sheet is available again!! Yay! ;)

Jakiim finds himself in a bit of a bind, quite literally, as a posessed vine snakes around the rock after him. Completely unaware of it noticing him taking cover, he is caught off-guard as it wraps around his stomache.. Fight it as he might, the thing gets ahold of him, and takes a small chunk out of Jakiim's leg as it constricts tightly around his mid-section. As it begins t pick him up off of the ground, Jakiim is just barely able slip his scaly skin out of its unnaturally tight grasp.

Jakiim lands on the ground and is suddenly feeling very weak, so he pulls the hood of his Cloak of Elvenkind up over his head before the plant notices. He takes a 5' step away from where he landed and blends in perfectly with his surroundings.. Jakiim lays his hands upon his torso as he mutters the beginning of a song under his breath, "Give me Life.." is all he can manage until he is short of breath. Nevertheless, he feels a warmth come about his stomache as his pain begins to ease up a bit.

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 With ward Hex bonus
Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 No ward Hex bonus, failed Reflex save
Escape Artist: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Health restored to Jakiim


Im pretty sure I gave the description of the vines. They are connected to the Bell. Bell is a curved cup looking creature its cylindar body curves up. Its top is an opening covered by a huge leaf. This is pic of a MUCH smaller version

Checkin stuff out:

The Vines run into the bells backside near the bottom. Sverinn very easily determines this with a surveying look. Jacen strains his little neck looking over the tall grass, brush, and evil plant creatures, he sees that there arnt two plants standing next to each other anymore. All are at least 10' apart. Trapper "F" is only 15' from the Inner Circle. Bell, on the other hand, has the vines attached to its body. They linger only a few feet away squirming up into the air when not striking at opponents. Any vines not grappling with opponents would be effected by Jacens Bombs, including Bell itself if the bomb lands on the plant.

Jacen reloads and lets fly yet another bullet, blasting Trapper D squarely in its "head". The trapper has clearly seen enough of the little stone slinger, as it falls to the ground. Limp and lifeless as people like to view them best. Trapper D is dead; Jacen is victorious!

Ekembe surveys the situation and sees his new friend constricted by one of Bells vines. He sends a ward to help out Jakim just before the Undine slips out of the Bells grasp.

Jakim feels Ekembes ward be just enough to hold off the poison from the Bells vine, but still isn't looking forward to facing the plant again so soon. Pulling his cloak over his head, he dukes into the tall grass and brush behind a rock and quickly heals himself with a soothing song.
Ekembe sent the ward AFTER you were grappled already. Failing the reflex save would have been before he sent the ward. Technically, it was for last round. Your not sick, and your hidden behind the rock

Sverinn is able to beat the poison, but still feeling sick. Not bad enough to hold her back to much though, she confidently sends two force missiles into Bell. 9 dam to Bell, Sverinn is no longer Poisoned and doesn't take poison damage this round; but is still sickened.

As Jakim slips from the vines grasp the Bell gets obviously frustrated. It takes all four vines and jabs them into the grass and brush around it. It bloats itself, closing its huge leaf lid, pumping something through vines. Four large bulges flow from Bell through the vines. After this odd behaviour the vines are noticably thicker and give off a green aura; the two living trappers (E and F) both show a green aura as well.

Trapper F spits at Jacen, but hes easily able to dodge the entangled trappers acidic glob.
Trapper E isn't entangled though, and it makes a charging dive at Sverinn. Not quick enough to dodge the aura beaing trapper, it latches onto the wizardress with unnatural strength; But even in her sickend state shes able to peel the trapper off her leg. A nice sized chunk of flesh, muscle and skin along with it.
Sverinn takes 12 dam, (crit) but avoids the grapple condition.

Dices:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 201d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26cc: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 71d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


retired

You did describe the vines, Marty, but I had thought they were part of the larger plant and just served as a description of the bell's appearance, rather than them being independant trouble-makers all their own. Will they "die" if we take out the big ol' bell or do we have deal with them seperately?

Round 6

Ekembe grunts in frustration as he sees Sverinn rushed by one of the smaller plants. Hoping Jakiim is able to get to safety on his own now, Ekembe sends an arrow lancing toward the trapper attacking the wizardess.

+1 Composite (+2 Str) Darkwood Longbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18for: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Status:

HP: 30/38
AC: 19 (14 T / 16 FF)
CMD: 18
F/R/W: +7/+9/+5
Warded: Jakiim
Healing Hex used on today: Sverinn, Jakiim, unknown number of Impliangs
Hero Points Used: 1/3

Prepared Cantrips (3): detect magic, guidance, light
Prepared 1st Level Spells (2+1): bungle [ ], ear piercing scream [ ], mage armor [X]

Mage Armor duration: 4 hours


Undine / Lvl. 4 Watersinger HP:17/41 AC::19/16/13 Fort:+3 Refl: +7 Will:+6 CMD:18

About the vines Ekembe, I would think that if we kill the Bell-Plant, that they would wither as well.. but it'll be much more difficult to kill off the bell with them in our way. Also, I'm unsure about the Ward Hex, does that mean that it's still active Marty? If so, my effective AC is 21 now.

Jakiim is still in quite a bit of pain as he hides among the brush. Instead of going in for further melee combat with the Bell, or it's Vines, he decides to hang back for a ranged aproach. He stabs his ranseur into the ground, right next to the rock so that he doesn't lose it in the tall grass, and pulls his bow off of his back.

With the shortbow in one hand, he pulls an arrow out of his efficient quiver, and strings it before poking around the corner and taking aim at one of the now-thickened vines. He lets his arrow loose, and it flies wide of his desired path for it, hopefully striking the Bell instead, however, he did not see where it went. As soon as Jakiim lets the arrow fly, he ducks back behind the rock, assuming none of the plant-life saw where it came from.

Shortbow To-Hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


Male Human Druid 5, Hp 36, AC 16/12/14 F +7, R +4, W +10; Init +2, Perception +13

Rowan sacrifices his barkskin spell to cast summon nature's ally II.

At the start of the next round round 6 a small magma elemental appears next to the giant pitcher plant.

Magma Elemental:

It is immune to fire, and has earth glide. Because Rowan has the Augment Summoning feat, the elemental has +4 to Strength and Con scores, netting a +2 to attack and damage, +2 hp/HD (total 4), +2 Fort Save (total +5) and +2 to the DC of the reflex save for its burn ability (total DC 11).


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

Jacen pulled a small vial from hes vest pouch and chugged it down. The warmth of the elixir turned to an icy chill in his stomach, and he could feel the icy magic tingle all the way to the ends of his extremities.

Round 6:

drink Targeted Bomb Admixture, crouch to make myself a harder target.

How far away is the Bell-shaped plant?


retired

@Jakiim - yes, you are still warded. You will remain warded until you are hit, fail a save, or I shift the ward to a new target. I hope it helps!


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

Round 6

Current HP -2, INT -1

Sverinn falls to the ground, unconscious.

Stabilize roll -2 penalty 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8

And continues to bleed out.


Sorry guys. I had mass troubles these past few weeks. No way to get online and my expensive phone was stolen. I'm back with a comp, and back in Business. Hopefully I've not lost anyone.
-----------------------------------------------

Ekembe Fires an arrow into Trapper E, bringing it to the ground in a welted mess.

Jakim Fires as well, but his arrow finds a home in the tall grass and brush. He finds his rock shelter is actually working.

Rowann Summons an Elemental buddy. Appearing next to the Bell. The plant screeches at the sight.

Jacen drinks a mixture made for who knows what. Judging how far away the Bell is, figureing to be about 45' from the bomb throwing halfling.

Sverinn collapses to the ground, her body has taking enough of a beating for the moment. She enters a state of unconsciousness.

The Bell plant finds itself in an odd situation here. The magma creature is one its never seen before. Immediately it flings two vines at the summons. (V #1&2) Both vines find their target but the first is batted away easily. The second finds its teeth sinking into the warm rocky skin, while wrapping itself around the elementals chest.
Elemental takes 7 bite damage, and is grappled. EA or CMB DC 18 to break free of grapple.

The third vine flys toward Jakims rock, slamming into the stone face and reeling back in pain, to the Bells side.

The fourth vine strikes out toward Jacen. But is also snapped back to the Bell as it reaches its full length and full speed.

Dices:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 261d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 131d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 151d100 ⇒ 10
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 151d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

End of round 6

Sorry again guys. For my absence Ekembe took out a Trapper with little effort. This won't ever happen again without advanced notice guys. Im very very sorry. I love this game and don't want it to dissipate. Plz forgive me ey?


Male Human Druid 5, Hp 36, AC 16/12/14 F +7, R +4, W +10; Init +2, Perception +13

The vine that snakes around the magma elemental takes 1d4 ⇒ 4 damage from its burn ability and must make a DC 11 reflex save to avoid catching on fire.

The elemental stays rooted to the spot where the vine has grabbed it, directly next to the Bell plant. The crude man shape opens its mouth wide, revealing a deep red glow within itself. It vomits a puddle of molten lava onto the Bell plant.

Fire Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

The lava puddle may start secondary fires, subject to GM discretion.

Rowan himself rushes to Sverinn's side and casts cure light wounds on her, healing 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 points of damage.


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

Jacen moves quickly forward and lobs a bomb at the bell shaped plant. Where the previous bombs Jacen had thrown were filled with vile acid, this one clouded over in a glaze of frost. The bomb arced through the air in a perfect pitch, splashing the plant with freezing cold liquid.

Round 7:

Move in closer (w/in 30'?), lob bomb at bell-shaped plant (targeted admixture)

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 vs touch AC, add +1 if w/in 30'
damage 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (5, 2) + 10 = 17, add +1 if w/in 30', no splash damage

Fort save DC 17 or staggered.


retired

Round 7

If there are any more blasted little flytraps running about, Ekembe will take a shot at one of them. Otherwise, he'll ignore the vines and aim for the main plant instead.

+1 Composite (+2 Str) Darkwood Longbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26for: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 bah - awesome to hit roll and only minimum damage. pooh.

Status:

HP: 30/38
AC: 19 (14 T / 16 FF)
CMD: 18
F/R/W: +7/+9/+5
Warded: Jakiim
Healing Hex used on today: Sverinn, Jakiim, unknown number of Impliangs
Hero Points Used: 1/3
Prepared Cantrips (3): guidance, light, touch of fatigue
Prepared 1st Level Spells (2+1): bungle [ ], ear piercing scream [ ], mage armor [X]

-Ongoing Effects-
Mage Armor - 4 hours

glad you're alright and back with us, Marty!


Undine / Lvl. 4 Watersinger HP:17/41 AC::19/16/13 Fort:+3 Refl: +7 Will:+6 CMD:18

Jakiim stays behind the rock just long enough to grab another arrow out of his quiver and pull back the string on his bow. He creeps out from his cover, looses his arrow from the shortbow towards the bell plant after the vine retreats and quickly ducks back behind the rock.

Shortbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

Round 7

Current Status: HP 9, INT -1

Sverinn sits up, "thanks Rowan, thought I saw my life flashing before my eyes. It wasn't a very long vision."

Not sure how well this plant can resist acid, Sverinn points one finger and launches a splash of acid at the bell.

acid splash; ranged touch 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
damage 1d3 ⇒ 2

If it appears to be effective, and the bell is still active next round, she will follow up with an acid arrow.

Acid Arrow; ranged touch 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
damage per round, 2 rounds 2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5


As Rowann rushes to heal Sverinn his Magma monster decides to puke a liquid pool of lava onto the Bell plant. Setting ablaze directly onto the bell the fire spreads fairly quickly to the brush and grass around. Including the vine thats grappling the Magamaman. The vine is almost instatly engulfed in the flames and turns into a pile of ash on the green floor. Bell takes 11 and some damage.

Jacen sees the fire set, and tosses a bomb onto the other side of Bell. Dealing significant damage and the Bell screechs loudly from the mixture of torturing elements. Bell takes 18 dam

Ekembe singles out the last of the trappers plants, sending an arrow through a leaf sprouting out it side. A mere flesh wound is all. 4 dam to last trapper

Jakim fires his short bow, right into a burning portion of the bell plant. The arrow buries itself within the creature, and then burns into ash as well. 7 dam

Sverinn thanks Rowann for his help and then launches an orb of acid at the plant, to mix within fire and ice, the effect is obviously devastating because the shriek from Bell this time would be loud enough to bust glass if any windows were around. Thick bottles would be fine though. 2 dam and some

The Bell plant seems to be in horrible pain, its shrieking doesn't stop as it lashes out at Jakim. Only to find the rock once again. The other two vines go for Sverinn and Rowann. Sverinn is nimble enough to dodge her teethed pursuer. Rowann isn't as nimble though, being distracted from healing the wizardress, the vine wraps and bites into his side as it raises him into the air, tightening with every second. Rowann takes 5 dam and is grappled. DC 16 to break free, CMB or EA check.

dices:
1d100 ⇒ 31
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

"What does it take to stop this thing? Eat frost, you voracious vegetation!"

Round 8:

Jacen throws another frost bomb at the bell plant.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 vs touch AC, add +1 if w/in 30'
damage 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (5, 2) + 10 = 17, add +1 if w/in 30', no splash damage

Fort save DC 17 or staggered.


Jacen tosses another bomb at the Bell plant, his aim is true and with its leaf cap open, the frost bomb plops down inside the Bell. It explodes inside and the bottom of Bell begins to frost over, much quicker the vines turn to giant icicles. The vine wrapped around Rowann instantly shatters into a thousand ice pieces. While the rest of the Bell becomes a veggie ice block.

The Bell is finally defeated. Great job guys!! The fire and acid damage did double damage, FYI. Everyone is awarded 1,000xp each for everything up until now. This may level everyone up, I'm not entirely sure. I'm going to post a "Recap" of the most recent events in a few mins. Please wait to post until that finished, thx!


With the Bell and three vines all nothing more than blocks of ice now, and one vine blown to a thousand pieces throughout the area, the tall grass and brush are covered with frost now. Within moments of the Bell freezing over, the other three vines all burst into a shower of small ice chunks covering the area with a thin layer over the grass and brush, somehow all confined to inside the outer circle. Not one piece of ice from the vines goes past the stones of the outer circle, when obviously they should have.

Everyone read the Recap below, then make Will and Perception checks. Read each spoiler your check meets, only one Perception is needed; read all checks up until your score.

Recap:
Jakim has determined Illusion, Conjuration, Evocation are the strongest of the magical energy he can feel. Invisibility, Permanency and Create Water are the three spells he can pick out of the area. All schools are present, as are multiple more spells, and surpass his ability to know anything more, but the three before mentioned by far have a stronger presence. Whats changed now, is the loss of Evocation magic. It no longer is detectable at all.
The skin stripped Elk still radiates its magic energy along with the mushrooms that have began decomposing the animal already.

Will AND Perception: DC 16:
Your able to see a couple pieces of ice seemingly suspended within the tall grass. Off to the left and past the frozen Bell, near one of the stones in the outer circle. Not setting on the ground, and not on top of a bush either, but just setting in the middle of a cluster of tall grass, almost two feet off the ground.

Perception DC 14:
Sitting on the opposite side of the outer circle is a group of Impliangs, gathered within the Sunbeam, watching with intense interest. Not making any noise what so ever.

Perception DC 12:
Oddly enough, once the vines shatter and the battle is won, an eerie silence falls over the area. The only sounds heard are those of yourselves. No howls, hoots, growls or chirping. No noise at all.


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

will save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

not sure what the will save was for...

Sverinn nods to the Implings, (Sylvan) "Do you know of this place? What is it?"


Undine / Lvl. 4 Watersinger HP:17/41 AC::19/16/13 Fort:+3 Refl: +7 Will:+6 CMD:18

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Once the combat is over, Jakiim slings his shortbow over his shoulder and onto his back. He then pulls his ranseur from where he had stabbed it into the gorund, and holds it tight in his fist at his side. Once he notices the odd silence, Jakiim starts listening intently for anything other than the sounds of the group, thinking to himself. "She can deal with the Impliangs, I need to figure out what this place is..."

He is walking around beginning to search the area, when he addresses the group. "There's something eerie about this circle of rocks, other than just their formation. I can sense alot of strong magic of varying schools around the area..... Why, what's this!?" Jakiim asks aloud, to no one in particular as he see's something gleaming out of the corner of his eye. He follows his instinct and walks around the rocks, between the inner and outer circles over to the other side of the bellplant, where he further examines the shards of ice that are suspended above the ground. Once he is sure of what he see's, he will tell the others. "Come, Jacen. It seems your frost has struck something that may have been invisible, and is showing it to us now."

Not sure which, if any dice you'll need, just let me know.


Jakim:
When you get closer to the Invisible thing, your keen eyes and knack for magic proves useful today, your able to see through the illusion and notice a chest, made from multiple mirrors and platinum pieces. A large platinum padlock rests in the front.

Sylvan:
Sacred; Old Ones; DANGER!

Jacen:
If/when you follow Jakim, make another will save, adding +4 (including your bonuses) to your roll to make a DC of 14 now that You've been shown something is odd. If you make the check read the previous spoiler and Jakims above in this post :)

Everyone hears the Impliangs make their odd chirping/growling noises as Sverinn converses with them.

Will save is for something not known as of yet :)


retired

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Ekembe shoulders his bow, satisfied that the threat has passed. "This one noticed that too, Jakiim. Everything about this clearing is strange. Ice floating in air, animals making no sound. This one has never seen a place so strange."


Male Human Druid 5, Hp 36, AC 16/12/14 F +7, R +4, W +10; Init +2, Perception +13

Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Rowan watches his little magma creature crumble into ash as he dusts himself off. He draws the scimitar taken from the pirate raiders and goes to inspect the invisible items revealed in the frost. As he walks, he studies the elk, wondering if it is real or illusory.

heal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 to determine how long ago the elk died

There are strange magics in this place. I wonder how they came to be here.

He asks the Impalings in Sylvan, What Old Ones? Why sacred?


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

[i]Thank you, I think my friends are going to look at this danger, will this offend you?"

While waiting for an answer she speaks over her shoulder, Hold up on touching anything, I want to make sure we aren't going to be offending our neighbors."


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

Traveling, so minimal internet will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


The Impliangs snicker and scurry off now that the 'show' is over. However, one stops after a few feet, and speaks back to Sverinn

Sylvan:
As you wish; Caution

Rowann studies the elk, seeing its been dead for about alittle more than a day and not an illusion. Making his way to the invisible object; scimitar in hand. He stands before it with Jakim and Jacen at his side.

So? Who touches it first ey? Jakim, Jacen and Rowann are all 5 feet away from the object, Sverinn is 20 feet away and Ekembe (Unless you've moved forward) is 50 feet away. What happens next ey?


Undine / Lvl. 4 Watersinger HP:17/41 AC::19/16/13 Fort:+3 Refl: +7 Will:+6 CMD:18

Jakiim thinks about what he knows for a second, going over options in his head before doing anything besides looking... Once he's confident he shouldn't simply try to open the chest just yet, he says, "I know that there's water here, yet I see none present. Hmm... Permanent, Invisible, Water..." he then begins humming quietly, AaayyyOohhaayyoohhaayyoohhaayyoohh. as he voices his watersong, he attempts to manipulate any water currently present within 10' to take the form of a pillar a few feet behind the chest.

"it's possible that there's some invisible water around too, hopefully it's all up now. Jakiim tells the group after his watersong.


retired

Yeah, I'm happy at the typically safe distance of 50' =)


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

Jacen gave into his halfling curiosity and approached the chest. "So shiny and so pretty. I wonder what is inside? There should be an easy way to find out. Can anyone open it without damaging the lock? If not, I may have something in a pouch that could melt the lock...or simply blast it off the chest."


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

Sverinn will move away, at least 30', placing one of the rocks around the formation between her and the chest, and standing outside the ring of rocks.


Male Human Druid 5, Hp 36, AC 16/12/14 F +7, R +4, W +10; Init +2, Perception +13

Rowan sees Jacen at the chest and moves about 60' away.

hmmm, that's an interesting looking beetle...


As Jakim sings his song, all the stones in the outer and inner circle begin to shake violently, although no water appears, not even a droplet.

Rowann finds an odd blue and yellow beetle with a 3 inch stinger on its behind.

Sverinn is somewhat startled from the shaking stones, they don't cause her any harm though.


Undine / Lvl. 4 Watersinger HP:17/41 AC::19/16/13 Fort:+3 Refl: +7 Will:+6 CMD:18

Jakiim stops his song, afraid of what he might cause to happen once the rocks begin to shake. "I'm not much good with locks, but I'll give it a shot if no one else will.." Jakiim says before kneeling down in front of the chest, and having a go at disabling the lock with a frozen blade of grass, or whatever he can find that will fit inside of the padlock.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Untrained in the skill, if that makes any difference.


Jakiim has no luck in picking the expensive and flashy lock. He probably wouldn't have had luck picking a cellar door lock either.

No luck in unlocking, but plenty of luck as nothing else happens when the frozen blade shatters in his hands. It doesn't seem to prevent further attempts, or have harmed the lock any. Although the frustration on the undines face is fairly priceless.

Jacen begins fishing around in his various pouches for ingredients. Melting or blasting the lock away seems to be the party's only option without a locksmith or thief within their ranks.

Also, EXP issues have been brought to my attention; here is a break down of everything so far. Everyone should gain a level at this time.

XP break down:

Crabs: 550xp each
Navigating the ocean and storm: 200xp each
The Pirates: 1,000xp each
Impliangs and Camp setup: 300xp each
Screeching Lizards: 600xp each
Trappers and Bell: 1,600xp each

Which makes 4,250xp each up until this point. Pretty sure I decided on using the "Fast Track" for experience.


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

"Let's try this, first." Jacen carefully poured a bit of acid into the lock, gave it a few seconds to work, then jerked hard on the lock, trying to pop the hasp.

Character sheet updated


The acid and popping by Jacen is enough to get the lock off the chest without further issues. But as the deformed pile of half melted platinum lands on the ground, Jacen throws his hands up to his head, over his ears and reels back a few steps. His eyes rolling in the back of his head as he gasps and groans.

Jacen:

A slight pain shoots through your body. Its not intense enough to actually cause damage, but its enough to catch you off guard and feel exposed.
An old and withered sounding voice fills your head.

The box holds the key of the Fey. The War must be over, The Giants no more; Korreds Imprisoned. Or Isle of Fey be the Portal of Chaos. The Old Ones; Good and Evil.

After the voice a scene plays through your mind. You see this from above, each stone of both outer and inner circles have a different symbol glowing near their top. In front of the stones are watery figures; each depicting one of five races. 3 of each in all. An odd looking type of Giant, Undines with webbed wings and pointy ears.

A female humanoid with skin of velvety looking moss and blades of grass for hair, clothed in flowers, leaves and vines, truly unlike anything you've ever seen before.
A fourth gnome sized but thick as a dwarf. His skin seems rough and hard, lines and cracks alot like tree bark. His face has twigs and leaves woven into his facial features.
The last of the five is something you've heard of in legends. Treants. A tree with two branches in place for arms, the trunk split for two legs, and its face seemingly carved into the tree side itslef and come to life. One of each are seated within the inner circle, and two more of each are seated within the outer circle. No sound is heard, but its obvious to see a meeting is going on. The inner circles Treant and Giant are both on their feet, nose to nose. Finally the Giant strikes the Treant.

A bright flash ends the vision and now you are numb over your entire body; only darkness fills your minds eye, unconscious is your current state.

Everyone close enough to see, Jacen seems like he's having a seizure or a horrible 2 yr old temper tantrum. This lasts for several minutes, until finally it just stops abruptly. He lies there motionless, but breathing steadily. No signs of pain or suffering.

Jacen is unconscious for 3 hours. Next post should RP that time period. Jacen will awaken in my post tmw night. The box hasn't been opened yet.

dices:

1d4 ⇒ 3Jacen Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Undine / Lvl. 4 Watersinger HP:17/41 AC::19/16/13 Fort:+3 Refl: +7 Will:+6 CMD:18

I'm out of town until either Monday or Tuesday night (EST), so my posting will be minimal until then.. I will also update my character sheet once I return home... My Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause...

Jakiim would watch on warily as Jacen pours the acid into the locking mechanism. After Jacen stopped having his seizure, Jakiim Would remain kneeling by his side until he awakens, saying nothing to anyone, nor responding to anything asked of him.


retired

As Jacen suddenly jerks up and begins spasming, Ekembe has his massive bow in hand in the blink of an eye, an arrow trained on the erratically moving alchemist. After a few moments, he relaxes the draw and lowers the bow slightly, padding forward closer to the group.

"What has happened?" Seeing Jakiim bend down to minister to the halfling he continues, "Jakiim? Is that one dead?"

Not getting a response, he returns the arrow to the quiver and slings his bow over his shoulder as he continues to approach Jacen and Jakiim. "Sverinn? Rowan? This one wonders if it be magic either of you recognize?"


As Ekembe is startled and Jakiim kneels at Jacens side. The big man begins asking questions although none are answered.

Something definitely happened but what? Hours pass, and its after mid-day now. Jacen finally pulls out of his coma, his eyes flutter open. He still seems to be just fine, no pain or suffering of any kind. His eyes wide and surprised though.

The box is still unopened.


retired

Ekembe spends the hours pacing uneasily and glancing repeatedly at the ensorcelled box, unable to determine what might have stricken the small halfling and unwilling to risk further experimentation with the mysterious container. As Jacen at last stirs, Ekembe's voice booms from within his helmet, "Jacen! This one is glad you are returned to us! Are you hurt?"


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

"Eh? Oh, sorry, distracted by that butterfly."

spellcraft [dice]1d20+13[/ooc]

401 to 450 of 532 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Island Of Fey All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.