Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Island of Fey

Game Master Nexumis

A new Island has been discovered south west of the Continent of Garund! The Pathfinder Society is looking for a small team, 3-6 members, to subcontract out to go investigate this Island and possibly begin colonizing it. Although not


301 to 350 of 532 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

With a threat rid of and spoils to count the team relaxes for the rest of the day and a half it takes for landing the ship upon the sandy beach. The island gets dense very soon though only forty feet from the sand dense brush and tall treea begin.

Its past noon, dusk comes soon. Id recommended settin up a camp with the rest of your day. Well be out before sunset lads. Everything yiu needs on the ship.

Karg and Quinn both begin unloading camping supplies. Tents, lanterns, oil, pots n pans, flint n steel, torches, sleeping pads and blankets. Enough for at least two weeks.

Souns of the island include heavy doots steps far away, loud chirping and whooping sounds.

the beach is a bit open though. Id go inland a bit before setting camp. Who knows whats on this island. From the sounds of it, many thigs indeed Quinn offer his advice as he finishes unloading the last haul.

aything fore we set off? Gornack asks


retired

"Yes. One thing." Ekembe strides forward, looming before Gornack and Quinn. "Ekembe thanks you both." He extends his hand to each of the men in turn and offers a strong grip should either of them return the gesture.

Once all the supplies are in order and the group begins to look for an adequate site, Ekembe sets off to see if he can find a suitable location for this many people.

Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Barbarian 1/Summoner 3, HP 40, AC 16, Init +2, F +6 R +3 W +4 Perc. +10

"Thanks a million for the ride guys." The Gnome says as he offers his hand to the men


gnome fighter 1/ oracle 3 ~ hp34/34 ~ AC18 tch14 ff15 ~ CMB+3 CMD16 ~ Fort+5 Ref+4 Will+4

"Good luck to you on your return. Hopefully those we encountered will be occupied licking their wounds long enough for you to sail back unmolested."

Miggen accompanies Ekembe, looking for a level spot to set up his own tents... one for himself, and one for setting up his crafting stations.


Gornack nods and begins sailing away. Ekembe and Miggen make their way into the overgrown brush, moving slowly, without other option, but about 200' west into the forest a suitable clearing is finally found. Although the forest floor is dimly lit, the clearing is even moreso. The smell of dung is faint, but clearly smelt. The buzz of little wings is heard all around as you move through the fauna. Pitter patter of smaller creatures rushing to safety from the towering ranger.

Flowers of nearly every color litter the bases of the giant tree trunks, fewer in the clearing due to the lack of sunlight. Chirping and howling are heard in the distance, above and afar. The clearing itself seems uninhabited and is surrounded by thick trunks, multicolored leaves provide a thick barrier from anything above, the trunks leave only two exits anyone bigger than "small" can fit through. One coming from the east (where you entered) and. The other going north.

The southern part of the clearing is cut out into the side of a hill, atop which is two hige tree trunks with 6" spine poking out all over them. The trunks are at least 20' in diameter, one of their roots, 5' in diameter, outline the top of the dugout. Probably holding it back from caving in.

The ground is soft and captures foot prints easily, with noticing that its also obvious that there are none pre-existing. But overall, the clearing seems easy enough to defend, and close enough to the ocean, and it doesnt seem like anything has lived here in a long time.

ok guys, rp up until bedtime, decidw on a watch order as well. From here on out, its up to you all were you go, so by all means Explore!! Remember to provide rolls for anything you would need them for im drawing up a map of the clearing now, ill have it posted in an hour or sor.


Map, rough draft guys :)

The brown lower left is actuall under the trees.


retired

After finding the clearing, Ekembe glances down to the heavily burdened but still quick moving gnome beside him. "A suitable place to camp, yes?"

As the others begin to set up camp, Ekembe offers to the group, "This one will go gather wood for a fire. If anyone would like to join him, Ekembe would be pleased. Though when the fire is lit and our camp established, this one would like to hear more of Jakiim's purposes."

Will take 20 on gathering fire wood and also foraging for branches and leaves to fashion a long term tent out of. Large, broad and waxy leaves primarily to shed water should it rain, perhaps moss or heather or some other downy plant to sleep on top of, etc.

Surivial (foraging): 20 + 10 = 30


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

Apparently the server ate both my "last post on the ship" and my "now that we're on the island" posts. Hmm...

"While you're getting firewood, perhaps we can pool our resources and see if we can come up with something more palatable than trail rations for supper. I'm a fairly good cook, and I have some spices and ingredients here."

Meanwhile, Jacen busied himself with setting out his own tent, and tending to the preparation of some elixirs and a few less than healthful concoctions.


Male Human Druid 5, Hp 36, AC 16/12/14 F +7, R +4, W +10; Init +2, Perception +13

Rowan sets up his own tent and attempts to identify some of the local plant life.

Knowledge(nature): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

Extensive post on the discussion page.

Sverinn was quick to thank Gornack for the transportation and assisted with unloading all of their supplies.

Picking up her own haversack with additional gear attached to the outside, Sverinn got ready to head inland to find a place to set up camp with the others.

She explains and will discuss with the others her observations of:

Before leaving the beach, she looked around to get a feel for what the beech could tell her.

She looked first at how far out the swells were, was there a coral reef out there that would provide some calmer swimming and fishing near shore. She then took a look at the water line, trying to determine where the low and high tide marks were as well as any indicators of debris or damage from storm swells.

Sverinn takes a quick look about the clearing, before then walking around the outer perimeter to get a look from the outside.

Sverinn is looking for signs of water run off, or water pooled in the leaves of the plants.

She is also looking for animal signs, footprints, broken branches, trails in the undergrowth from small animals, sounds of birds/insects in the trees. The thorns on the trees may indicate some sort of large herbivore.

Perception to observe water conditions at the beach 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Perception to observe tide marks on the beach 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Perception to observe storm swell marks 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Perception to review clearing area 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Perception to outer perimeter 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Perception to find sings of water 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Perception to find tracks, not follow them 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Her knowledge nature is a +9, giving her an auto succeed on anything that is a DC 10.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Barbarian 1/Summoner 3, HP 40, AC 16, Init +2, F +6 R +3 W +4 Perc. +10

"I'll give ya a hand Ekembe." The Gnome and Speedy follow the human


Undine / Lvl. 4 Watersinger HP:17/41 AC::19/16/13 Fort:+3 Refl: +7 Will:+6 CMD:18

As they are all getting off the ship, Jakiim notices Sverinn looking around the waters line, he says to her "One could not wish for better waters. Swimming here is absolutely delightful, and any fish that you all may want to eat, I can catch us plenty, I'm sure..."

Jakiim helps the group with unloading the ship, thanking the crew for bringing them. He also assists with any setting up of tents or whatever needs done around the clearing area. "This is where you will sleep? I tried sleeping on land before, even your beds are uncomfortable. I prefer the water, and I will probably sleep just offshore if that's alright with all of you? I would also watch the shore for anyone else coming to the Island. Ekembe, hurry back, I do wish to tell you all more about myself, and learn some things about each of you as well. While you all gather firewood, I'm off to go catch a few fresh fish, do you need any water for cooking? I eat mine raw." Jakiim addresses the group in common-tongue as he tries to show them all that he is here to help them as much as he can, and attempts to feel welcome among them.

Jakiim heads to the shore, and swims out a little ways until he finds enough fish to fry some up for everyone. If anyone needs water to cook with, Jakiim will create it for them, instead of them having to go back to the ocean.

survival (fishing): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Ekembe and Otiven are very successful finding fire wood, twigs for kindle as well. Thick leaves are also abundant, and many low enough to the ground to not have to climb.

Sverinn finds there isnt much of a coral reef, but the water near the beach is shallow enough to wade or swim in for about twentu feet out, until it obviously drops off, as the color becomes a much darker blue. Tide marks are not easily saw though, its hard to tell how far the tide will come up.

The clearing is hard to see into from the outside, alot briars are grown between the larger trees,although the colourful flowers thrive next to them.

Meanwhile, Rowann finds that many plants he sees are unknown to him, but some are obvious. Berries are edible, a white flower can be used for minor cuts and aches. A few others could probably be ingested, but not very tasteful.

All in all, food should be easy enough to come by, fishing and other small animals that can be heard, although not seen, along with some of the non poison plants Rowann knows about.

sorry guys, started a new job, and schedule is alittle messed up atm, i havent had alot of time to actually research plants right now, but well say Rowann found 4 edible and 3 medicinal for now, as far as animals go, birds and insects are abundant, but no animals have been seen, but howling, chirping and other noises are heard in the distance.


Rowan, updates:

Some of the plant life you were able to distinguish is:
Strangler Figs; edible "twig" trees that use older trees to begin life, ans end up robbing it of nutrition and sunlight, prospering itself.

Tualng trees, covered in slick sap like grease and house honey bees, may honey combs hang from its branchs. Broad leaves capture massive amounts of sunlight, making it over 200' tall. Two of these are on the north and south sides of the clearing.

Durian trees, these trees rely on animals to disperse its seeds through eating the sweet fruits it grows on its branches, although you cnat name the fruit, you know its safe to eat, and very plentiful. While looking around many of these fruits lie about rhe. Clearing.

Still working on some plant life guys, but oaks, pines and redwood trees are what makes up the rwstw of the clearing and alot of the trees all over.


Jakim has very good luck with his fishing expedition, bringing back three seven pounders to cook up a nice meal for the evening.

What happens next is up to you guys. Let me know what you plan to do.


Undine / Lvl. 4 Watersinger HP:17/41 AC::19/16/13 Fort:+3 Refl: +7 Will:+6 CMD:18

After he's done fishing, Jakiim heads back to the clearing that they've decided to camp in. All three fish hanging from his ranseur, Jakiim props it against a tree for now..

"Who's hungry? Jakiim asks to whoever is still in the area, or the first of them that show back up. Whenever they are ready to begin cooking, Jakiim uses his Create Water Cantrip if it is needed for them to cook with. If there is anything left to do to set up their camp, Jakiim will gladly help out. If not, he will find a suitable place to sit down, and wait for Ekembe and Otiven to get back with the fire wood.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Barbarian 1/Summoner 3, HP 40, AC 16, Init +2, F +6 R +3 W +4 Perc. +10

Otiven and Speedy march back into the clearing, firewood strapped to Speedy's back. "Thanks for carrying it, Speedy." He unloads the wood, but looks at it with a blank look on his face

Anyone got the Spark Cantrip? I dont


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

Lazy wizards! I have a flint and steel...plus innumerable alchemy ways to make a spark ;-)


retired

Ekembe pats Speedy gratefully as he and Otiven return to camp, laden with various supplies. He sighs contently as he removes his helment and shakes his hair free, smiling brightly at no one in particular.

"AH! It is good to be out here, with a roof of naught but leaves and vines, standing on solid ground once more. Truly good. Ha ha!" With a spring in his step, he sets to crafting a suitable tent out of local foliage as Otrimi zips about the clearing playfully barking and nipping at each person in turn.

Otrimi is being so playful, that just as Jacen bends down to start the fire with his flint and tinder, the big-earred fennec shoots in and butts the alchemist's hand with his snout, spoiling his strike of the flint. As Otrimi bounces away to find his next playmate, one could almost swear the soft yips and snorts coming from the little fox were laughter.


With the tents set up, fresh fish cooked and our adventurers fill their bellies, the sun begin to set, making the forest floor pitch black, save the light given off from the fire. A glance in the distance showsorbs of light, various shapes ad sizes, floating about the the forest. Howling is heard more often, along with screeching and growling. The heavy footsteps that shake the ground start soon as well. At times the rumble is so continuous it feels like a small earthquake.

Otrimi flys around the tree, carefree and curious. As he investigates the Durian tree on the western side, a little brown claw swipes at him, giving a high pitch squeal as it misses the pet. The trees upper branches begin to shake and rustle. The creature leaps out at Otrimi, but misses again, landing ten feet from speedy. The rustling in the trees ends with six more of the creatures leaping out, all of them aline in front of the tree, behind speedy.

The creature looks like a squirrel, but its head is much bigger and more squared at the forehead. Its eyes give off a red glow,black spots go down their backs an along the fluffy tails.

kno nature dc 18:

Youve heard one or two stories of a creature matching this description, a Impliang is what it is known as. Smart and tricky like Imps, but quick and fearless and very protective of thier homes.

k.nature dc 23:

In one bestriary youve read, it mentioned its regeneration abilities and Its claws ooze a red poison that makes foes sick within seconds, although deadly their not very tough or hardy

perception dc 16:

Its tail is fluffy to hide the sharp stinger, it also has black rough padding on the top of its hands, its claws are almost six inches long.

perc. Dc 20:

Even with this distraction, you notice multiple more glowing red eyes, 6 more sets in all, staring at you from the canopy area of the trees next to the Durian. The chirping sound has all but completely stopped

The creature itself is slightly bigger than a squirrel, much more muscular looking. As Speedy instinctively moves in front of Otiven, protecting his master, he creatures raise thier hands palms up their claws retract into their hand, and with a loud ear piercing screech 3 pointy needles poke out of their palms, all oozing with a bright red liquid. They stand ready to act and protect their Durian Tree.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

Sverinn was sitting against a tree a few feet from the fire, with her toes tingling from the heat of the small fire. In her lap she had a plate with a few selections of fruit and nuts that she was idly snacking on. "We should discuss a few basic tactics. That run in with the pirates was nearly a..." Sverinn stops at the sudden intrusion of seven small creatures jumping out of one of the trees that ringed their small clearing.

know: nature 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Imps are intelligent and can speak, these as well? and does 18 in know nature give me their natural language?

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Sverinn doesn't move at the sudden interruption and quietly informs he rest of the group. "Be calm and easy, these creatures can be dangerous."

Trying Common, then Sylvan, followed by Infernal, Sverinn addresses the Impliangs, "We mean you no harm, be at peace."

With gentle and slow motions, she will pick up her plate of fruits and nuts and place it on the ground next to her and slowly slide it towards them, using one foot to push it away from herself.

"A small gift for use of this space beneath your roost."

Diplomacy, if they are intelligent and understand one of the languages she is speaking. 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Undine / Lvl. 4 Watersinger HP:17/41 AC::19/16/13 Fort:+3 Refl: +7 Will:+6 CMD:18

Jakiim had been sitting with bis back against a tree, It is always good to get out, and get away from your home. Eplore the world a little huh? he says to Ekembe as he walks in. He sits, sharpening a Lightning bolt shaped javelin as he waits for the food to be cooked for the others. When it is ready he begins digging into the raw portion of fish he had saved for himself. While eating, Jakiim notices the creature swipe out from the trees with his claw, attacking Otrimi.

Know. Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

He quickly looks around the treeline of the clearing. And they are not alone... He adds to Sverinn's warning, turning his head about glaring into the multitude of eyes staring back at him.


retired

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Ekembe sits up with a start, "Otrimi, come away from there. These Impliangs are not to be trifled with."

Ekembe cautiously approaches the creatures until he is no nearer than 15 feet, loosing soft purrs and clicks as he murmurs gently, "Ahhh, we do not want your treasured tree, little friends."

Assuming they are animals...
Wild Empathy (as diplomacy skill): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Male Human Druid 5, Hp 36, AC 16/12/14 F +7, R +4, W +10; Init +2, Perception +13

Knowledge(nature): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Rowan also makes soothing gestures towards the Implings.

Wild Empathy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Everyone stay clear of the Durian tree and its fruits. These creatures are quite poisonous.

Do I get any more info on the implings with that 30 on my knowledge(nature)?


Ekembe and Rowann are both quick to begin showing the feeling of peace and respect, as Sverinn speaks in sylvanthey begin to loosen up, sitting on the hind legs, front bent in front of their chests, their claws retracting into their palms. Sliding the plate of food toward them cause all seven to come inspect rhe plate. Finally, one almost exactly mimic the sounds Ekembe made, purring, clicking and a final hyeana like laughing noise.

The plate is very skilfully carried by four of the creatures back into the tree, and the group is now aware that the eyes have been replaced with scattering and pitter patter all around them. This finally ends as the paths wind up above the canopy, within the Durian tree. The Impliangs have accepted your peace offering, for the moment.

Edit: Update ;)

Its hard to know the exact hour of night, but the impliangs finally settle down for slumber about two hours after your encounter. The temperature drops slightly but its still hardly comfortable with the humidity, its still yet to rain though. No wind is felt on the forest floor, but the leaves above rustle with minimal noise. The rest of the night goes without incident, although when the sun begins to rise, little light shows through the thick canopy. But its enough to see a ring of impiangs perched above, eyes unwavering in their gaze upon Sverinn. More than twenty surround the campsite, although their attitude is much more friendly than last night, they still dont seem happy about your presence.


retired

Would any of our Knowledge (nature) rolls have revealed what the Impiangs typical diet consists of? If we figure that out, Ekembe would like to specifically look for a sizable amount of it while foraging throughout the day.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

Upon waking and seeing their visitors Sverinn slowly gets up and walks over to the water barrel. Dipping out a cup she takes a careful sip, and splashes the rest on her face.

Feeling somewhat refreshed, she collects some more fruit and nuts. Walking towards the Durian, stopping 15' from the base of the tree (or if the Impliangs show any signs of displeasure, she'll take a step back from that point) and settles down onto her knees.

Sylvan:
"Greetings and peace to you. My friends and I thank you for the hospitality and shelter under your home last evening. It is time for me to partake of my breakfast, and I invite whoever represents your tribe to dine with me. I hope that we may come to an arrangement that will be mutually beneficial to each other."

Should one or more of the Impliangs come forward, she will place the large leaf she has placed her fruit and nuts into and place it between her and their spokesperson.

I'm guessing they eat durian's or, revere them as sacred.

diplomacy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

Jacen smiled as the little creatures responded well to the peaceful overtures. "Oh good. I'd have hated to have to burn the little buggers out of their tree."

The halfling slept well in his tent, waking only when it was his turn for watch. The night sounds of the island were foreign to him, but he cataloged them mentally, nonetheless. He also made a mental note to work with the spellcasters of the group to see if he couldn't learn a few new elixirs.


Undine / Lvl. 4 Watersinger HP:17/41 AC::19/16/13 Fort:+3 Refl: +7 Will:+6 CMD:18

Jakiim stayed with everyone in the clearing until after the Impliangs had left them, wanting to make sure that the creatures didn't return violently. He nods to Jacen, cracking a smirk at the halfling's remark about burning the Durian. Burn whatever you must, I shall extinguish the flames only before they spread too far!

When it was time to sleep, Jakiim went out to the waters edge, and waded in to where the dropoff point was. He then dove out into the ocean, and swam around until he found a small cave. The cave is just large enough for him to sleep inside, in the side of the mountain that is the Island of Fey. He slept peacefully, not going back to the camp until early the next morning.

On his way back to the clearing, Jakiim takes his time wandering more around the forest. He is careful to look around for any other creatures, or tracks from them, also for any trails, in-land ponds, rivers, creeks, waterfalls, clearings, caves, other campsites, anything "strange", or any signs as to there being anyone else on the Island.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

He also tries to recall anything that he can remember about the Island itself, and the History of it as he walks back to the camp. Jakiim greets everyone with a smile when he steps into the clearing, including the small creatures perched overhead watching Sverinn. Good morning to you all, I hope everyone slept alright?

Know. Geography: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Know. History: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

Just waiting to hear the screams from the party member that keeps wandering off on their own, and I can picture a creepy guy in a black cloak with a scythe, laughing hysterically


The impliangs take fo Sverinns offering and make their way back into the Durian. Seems if offered something, food at least, they are tolerant to the party.

They are Not able to speak, only understand basic words and emotions/ideas, moreso when said in Sylven. They eat fruits, nuts and insects mainly. But will hunt when they feel like it.

While looking around a bit Jakim notes that east of the clearing large rocks sticking upright out of the ground are scattered about, and he also stumbles upon a herd of tiny lizards. No more than 2 inches long, these creatures are very scared of Jakim. With ear pierceing chirps they dash towars him, more than fifteen of them pounce as a single unig at the undine.

Fort save dc 15, if pass-:

Able to withstand the sonic wave of chirping, he is ale to bat away most of the lizards, only struck by a few, 14 dam, ref 16 for half dam

if failed-:

Your head feels as if a javelin is sticking through youe head out both ears. The pain ia horrendous, and your powerless in blocking any of the lizards. Each one gnaws at your odd tasting flesh.-- 20 dam. Ref save dc 18 for half.

If you fail the save you save each round for 3 rounds, same dc.

After they pounce the lizards run in a semi circle, regrouping to face Jakim.


retired

Sverinn called it! But's it's lizards instead of a creepy cloaked guy!


Male Human Druid 5, Hp 36, AC 16/12/14 F +7, R +4, W +10; Init +2, Perception +13

Lol, do the rest of us hear Jakiim getting beat up by the lizard swarm?


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

Sverinn decides to move her bunk under the Dorian tree. "probably best if the rest of you keep your distance from the tree, at least until they see we mean no harm. Since they seem to at least tolerate me, I'll set up here, give the rest of you room in the clearing."

After finishing her own breakfast and setting out her gear she works to organize and secure the group's supplies.

"We need to secure a water source, fill in the gaps in some of these trees to make this clearing more defensible, and then look for additional local food stores. That fishy guy says he can keep us in fresh seafood, so that's not an immediate concern." Taking a look about their clearing, and the size of the trees surrounding it, "What do you think about going upwards? We have enough supplies that with a bit of planking we could build some platforms suspended above the ground. Good defensive points for anything that might not like us, better visibility, and we can also string up the extra sail cloth to make water catches."


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

"Before doing anything so extravagant, we might want to do the temporary defensive works you suggested, then explore the island to get a better feel of what kind of situation we are in. This may be the best place to make a defensive camp...or it may be only the best we can see at the moment."


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

How big is the island?


Undine / Lvl. 4 Watersinger HP:17/41 AC::19/16/13 Fort:+3 Refl: +7 Will:+6 CMD:18

DM: Are we not rolling To-Hit die, vs. my AC?
Sverinn: How could we possibly know how big the island is?

Fort. Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Ref. Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Jakiim is caught off-gaurd by the ravaging little lizards, and gets bitten multiple times by the creatures. After the first one hits his skin, it is followed by countless bites all over his body. Jakiim's head feels the worst of it, something like taking a hammer to the skull.

When the creatures have regrouped in front of him, Jakiim wastes no time in getting rid of them. He summons a Flare from his cantrips list, putting the burst of light right in front of the small lizards group.

Fort. save, DC=17, or the lizards are dazzled for 1 minute.

If dazzled:
Jakiim will (Coup De Grace) kill the lizards, then continue on his way back to the camp.

If not dazzled:
Jakiim will take a 5' step, turn, and head back to the camp, leaving the lizards 35 ft behind him.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

The guy that dropped us off hopefully did more than spot land off in the distance and then turn around to go find some suckers to get closer. I would expect, at the least, a circumnavigation by the boat that discovered the island, which would give an idea of size between something like a strip of land in a lagoon to new zealand. The bigger the island, the less likely I am to go too far in exploring before I have a base of operations set up.

Jakiim, from what I read, the lizards are being treated as swarm, not individuals. A swarm is an auto hit and generally has saves against the damage or other effects.


Gornack would have shared all his knowledge of the island, although he didnt know much, he knows its about 25 mils from east to west, and slightly more north to south. And Rowann, to noticw much of anything a perception check is required.since they are using the ear piercing chirping noise it is likely that you hear the fight. But well go with dc 14 to notice its a distress or battle.call.

Jakim is unable to shake the mind blowing chirp screech of the lizards. But he is able to shake a few off before all could getta chunk of the undine. After the jump off to regroup Jakim manages to cast a spell, despite his head throbbing he successfully dazzles the lizards. He then turns to run back to camp, but his head still throbbing. He staggers as another jolt runs through his skull an into his spine, 3 more dam, make another save, if you fail itll jolt again nezt round, or in 30 seconds

The swarm of dazzled lizards chase after Jakim, but a bit slower than normal, he beats them to camp. As he enters the clearing, panting and followed by the chirping lizards, the impliangs begin their own screeching sounds. A good many of them leap at the lizards and begin their assault. But that doesnt stop the cranium crushing screeching from affecting everyone, even the Impliangs. A few of the Durian protecters brush off the mind effects and tear open 4 of the lizards, injuring 4 more. But the swarm fights back, killin an impliang and cutting anothers leg deeply.

Everyone make the fort save, dc 15 or take 5 dam. Jakim, if you fail the save you take 5 damage as well, but you can tell this jolt felt less strong than the first, but still did damage to your brain, will save dc 13 or 2 int damage along with the 5hp dam. Partys initiative ;)

dices:
intdam: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
chirpdam: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 lizsave: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
chirpdam2: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 prtychirpdam: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Undine / Lvl. 4 Watersinger HP:17/41 AC::19/16/13 Fort:+3 Refl: +7 Will:+6 CMD:18

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Dazzling the lizards, Jakiim gets away from them and scrambles through the forest floor level. Dodging bushes, ducking low hangning tree limbs, and jumping over uprooted trunks, he makes it back to the clearing ahead of the dazzled creatures. When he gets close, the Impliangs jump down as he passes them in the trees above, attacking the lizards

Perform Countersong: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Sorry, I tried...
"I'm being followed by lizards, cover your ears!
Raging and screeching, attacking our hearing!"

But Jakiim's voice is a little out of tune, he seems to be a little thrown off still from the lizards strange sounds..


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

Jacne, who had been fiddling with his wares, quickly grabbed up a clear vial from his vest and mixed a dash of powder into it. Hurling it at the lizards, he tried his best to avoid hitting the Impliangs.

Spoiler:

bomb (1/9) attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 vs touch AC
damage 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 5) + 6 = 14, doubled vs swarms.
I can avoid hitting up to 5 friendlies, including the impliangs with the splash.

Fort 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


retired

Ekembe leaps to his feet as Jakiim bursts into their camp and the impliangs fall upon the lizards.

Fortitude Save (DC15): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Seeing Jakiim struggling against the lizards' attack, he looks expectantly at Sverinn. Once Sverinn has done whatever she may against the lizards, he then kneels down and shifts his ward from the wizardess to Jakiim.

Delay until after Sverinn, then standard action to use ward hex on Jakiim. Sverinn should still get the +2 to her fort save from the ward this way.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

So the island is around 600 square miles. That's a pretty good chunk. I'm thinking it's big enough to focus in one area for a few days before wandering too far.

Fort save with +2 from Ekembe 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

"de pain, de pain!" Sverinn staggers as blood trickles down from her ears. "Enough is enough! and she casts grease at the area the small creatures are focused in.


Male Human Druid 5, Hp 36, AC 16/12/14 F +7, R +4, W +10; Init +2, Perception +13

Fortitude: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Rowan seems quite comfortable despite the screeching. This is fascinating. It appears as though Jakiim stumbled into the lizards' mating swarm. These displays are very rare! We're lucky to have such a good view of it. The way the Impalings are responding is quite remarkable as well!
Rowan digs out his journal and starts taking notes.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Barbarian 1/Summoner 3, HP 40, AC 16, Init +2, F +6 R +3 W +4 Perc. +10

Sorry about my abscence, switching ISP right now, and its been a pain in the butt

Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Sverinn and Otiven deduct the 5hp damage from your hp in the header. Otiven, ill npc you when needed until you post regularly again, otherwise your "inactive" only getting half of your share od everything. Once you begin posting everything is good again.

While Jakim croaks and screeches an awful tune, Jacen relys on more material defenses, tossing one of his bombs into the mass of creatures. His expertise allows him to miss the Impliangs and kill all but three lizards.

Sverinn falls victim to the mentality crushing screeching of fhe lizards, but is still able to cast a grease spell. If the group didnt know better it would surly seem like she targeted the Impliangs, because not one lizard falls, but only two of the fey resist the slippery ground.

Ekembe looks to help the undine. Jakim shakes off the mental attack before Ekembes help, but who knows when itll come in handy. Otiven on the other hand could use it for sure. The mental blast comes full force onto him and Sverinn, beginning its secondary jolt.

The three remaing lizards look to each other, make a low rumbling sound followed by clicks and chirps. Suddenly two lash out at the Impliangs, and the third belches another mindblast at everyone . After thi all three turn and jump into the nearest tree and take off, super fast, into the forest.
Everyone make another fort save, same dc, or take 6 dam. Sverinn and Otiven, On the second wave, both make another fort save same dc, if failed take 5 damage and make a will save dc 16 if fail take 1 int dam. If pass then no int dam. If you pass the fort save then the condition ends an no will save required.

dices:
chirpdam: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 imtdam: 1d4 ⇒ 1 atk: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

Fort 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Jacen winces as the second shriek seems to rattle around in his head, knocking loose the cobwebs and dust that had gathered there,and maybe rearranging the furniture as well.


retired

Fort Save #2 (DC15): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Undine / Lvl. 4 Watersinger HP:17/41 AC::19/16/13 Fort:+3 Refl: +7 Will:+6 CMD:18

Fort. Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 Whew, barely made it!

Jakiim is already covering his ears by this point. He shakes off the last bit of rattling in his head as he see's the last lizard let loose his final warcry, before turning tail and retreating into the forest. With a slightly annoyed look on his face, Jakiim pulls the hood of his Cloak of Elvenkind up around his head.

He then turns to the group, "I need to be more careful, or at least be less noticable roaming around this island, it seems..." He points to the east, where he came running in from, "I was walking around checking out the area, and there is an odd formation of rocks sticking straight up out of the ground over there.. I think it's something we should check out when you all are ready to get moving today. At least somewhere to start, anyways."


retired

Ekembe shifts his ward back to Sverinn.

301 to 350 of 532 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Island Of Fey All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.