Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Island of Fey

Game Master Nexumis

A new Island has been discovered south west of the Continent of Garund! The Pathfinder Society is looking for a small team, 3-6 members, to subcontract out to go investigate this Island and possibly begin colonizing it. Although not


151 to 200 of 532 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

Is this still the same day as the crab combat?


yes, later, waaay later. As of the 'round' of posting its nearing sunset. Still storming, giving rp time for whatever you guys wish to do, its been 7 hrs since everyone got below deck.


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

Just checking. I didn't think we'd be having more combat today, so I wasn't keeping track of my bombs. I'll go back and count that now.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Barbarian 1/Summoner 3, HP 40, AC 16, Init +2, F +6 R +3 W +4 Perc. +10

"Well, is there anything we can do to help?"


retired

As the storm rages above, Ekembe paces about uncomfortably for a short while, obviously displeased with being trapped below deck. After a time, his pacing ceases and he sits down in a corner, braced as well as he can manage against the violent motions of the ship. Nearly as soon as he is seated, Otrimi dashes from out of nowhere and launches himself into Ekembe's chest, curls up into a tiny ball in the crook of his arm, and within a few moments falls into a contented sleep.

"This little fox can sleep anywhere it seems! Ha ha!"


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

Jacen spent the hours of the storm making stomach stilling draughts for those who succumbed to the rolling motion of the ship in the storm swells. I'm going to need more calcified roc gullet for the return trip. I wonder if I can forage any on this island we are headed to? He took a small vial for himself, and set it aside in one of his pouches, just in case.

"Good thing one of us can sleep, anyways. I'm afraid all this rocking about would disturb my slumber. And heaven forbid trying to do any real work now. My beakers would slosh all over creation, and Dornak would likely murder me if I tried to set an open burner with the ship tossing about like this. Still, simple mixtures aren't too terribly difficult...as long as I don't spill anything. Anyone else need something to still your stomachs?" Jacen called the last in a louder voice than necessary, just to prove the point that the storm wasn't bothering him.


Male Human Druid 5, Hp 36, AC 16/12/14 F +7, R +4, W +10; Init +2, Perception +13

Rowan stayed in leopard form, his eyes occasionally reflecting the light below-decks, but otherwise silent. The cubby hole he had found managed to keep him from the worst of the ship's motion. He stayed wary nonetheless.

I can keep this beast shape for 8 hours due to my society trait, so if that 8 hours passes, please let me know.


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

Sverinn pulls a hammock out of her haversack and hangs it between a couple of the beams below decks before climbing in and quickly falling asleep to the soothing swaying of the ship.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Barbarian 1/Summoner 3, HP 40, AC 16, Init +2, F +6 R +3 W +4 Perc. +10

Otiven curls up in the corner, using the slumbering speedy as a pillow


For the next few hours the storm subsides and even Gornack manages to fall asleep to the sway of the ship. Karg doesnt though, he goes up top to keep lookout, being able to see just fine in the dark of night. Everyone awake hears the halforc yell for the crew, and even the ones asleep hear the loud BOOM and EVERYONE feels the crash and rumble as the black metal ball tears through the top deck and lands right next to Sverinns hammock. Woah!! What the devils seas was that!? Whos up top? Karg! Get yer ass up tere! Gornack wakes up surprised as ever.

Whats happening out there.... How did... Were we attacked? Or did the boy sneak on and playing with the cannons? Quinn asks as he climbs the ladder up to the main room, then Karg opens the upper deck door; T'em ships. Followed into storm. Quinn Cannon Time!

With Kargs few simple words Quinn and Gornack head uptop and the cranking and clicking of cannons aiming can be heard.

As the rest of you come out of the cabin door the first thing you see is two ships, one of which is nearly double the size of yours, hundreds of yrds away. The other about the same size as yours, is a bow shot away and closing in. Both have the same insignias on the sides, a golden dragon breathing black flames. Clutching a dark elf in its claws.

The smaller ship is occupied by 3 men with bows wearing what seems like bedsheet cloth as vests. 2 half orcs armed to the teeth in chainmail armor, double bladed axes on their backs and crossbows reloading in hand. Up in the lookout tower you see a body hanging from its tie off security rope with a axe implanted in his forehead. Karg looks to the group, Axe back please

Gornack chuckles at the statement, well fire at the big ship, you guys prepare to dock with the little one, they goin to, noways.

Quinn, Karg and Gornack all man cannons, and Quinn a odd looking steering wheel,. The cleric smiles and takes his shot, sending a green painted ball crashing incto the cannon opposite his on the bigger ship.


dont worry about initiative. We goig to do away with that. Basically youll act in the order you post, unless you say, "i wait until ....... then i act, or IF and WHEN posts, those work great. As far as feats that give better initiative bonus can be traded for new feats, OR you can use them like this: what ever the bonus is you can decide to have your action happen in which ever place you wish. Usable a number of times per day equal to the bonus that the feat gives. If you all dont like this idea let me kno on the discussion thread


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

For once I don't have Improved Initiative...how did that happen? Oh yeah, halfling alchemist = feat starved.

Jacen took out a clay flask and stared at it. "I don't think this is going to make me many friends on the other side," said Jacen, then shrugged. "I've got enough with you guys at the moment anyways." He waited until the other ship closed, then hurled the flask of alchemist's fire at the nearest cluster of enemies.

Spoiler:

Jacen will wait until the ship is no more than 30 feet away, then lob a flask of alchemist fire at the feet of the tightest cluster of enemies (if any). The deck will take 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 damage and catch fire, with the surrounding enemies taking 7 splash damage.

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 vs. AC 5.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Barbarian 1/Summoner 3, HP 40, AC 16, Init +2, F +6 R +3 W +4 Perc. +10

Otiven will draw his lance and cast haste on the party. "Well, if we be fighting, best have an advantage

Thats right wizards, I have haste already. Summoner FTW


M Tief Wiz 4 HP 21, AC 13 (17 Currently), T 12, FF 11; F+4, R+5, W+5; Perc +2, Darkvision

Preparing for battle, Delisar conjured an armour of force around him, giving him a bit of protection.

Casting Mage Armour


retired

Ekembe hurries out onto the deck, his bow and quiver in hand. Deftly sliding to a stop, he draws an arrow and looses a shot at one of the distant archers.

+1 Composite (+2) Darkwood Longbow (favored enemy):: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16for: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Status:

HP: 38/38
AC: 16 (14 T / 13 FF)
CMD: 18
F/R/W: +7/+9/+5
Warded: Sverinn
Healing Hex used on today: none
Hero Points Used: 1/3
Prepared Cantrips (3): guidance, light, touch of fatigue
Prepared 1st Level Spells (1+1): enlarge person [ ], mage armor [ ], ray of enfeeblement [ ]


gnome fighter 1/ oracle 3 ~ hp34/34 ~ AC18 tch14 ff15 ~ CMB+3 CMD16 ~ Fort+5 Ref+4 Will+4

Miggen finds a spot along the rail, and fires his shortbow at an archer, as well... Trying to put his target down quick, Miggen bungles his shot.

rolls + stats:

assuming 35'-70' range to hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15
hp 34/34
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +4
Effects: using deadly aim -1/+2

move action: move to rail, std action: fire bow


Male Human Druid 5, Hp 36, AC 16/12/14 F +7, R +4, W +10; Init +2, Perception +13

Rowan crouches below the gunwales above deck to take cover and waits for the ships to come together.

Otiven, which four of us did you put the haste on? Ekembe and Miggen, you guys both might get an additional attack at your highest attack bonus from Otiven's spell depending on who the targets are.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Barbarian 1/Summoner 3, HP 40, AC 16, Init +2, F +6 R +3 W +4 Perc. +10

Ekembe, Miggen, and Rowan got the Haste, in addition to myself.


retired

Haste's extra attack is only granted as part of a full-attack action; since I used a move action to move out onto the deck and a standard to fire, I won't get the bonus attack until this upcoming round


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

Ahh...the perpetual misunderstanding of haste. makes me feel alive every time it comes up :) Still, I imagine that we have plenty of time to get on deck before he casts haste and you attack. Thus, you can probably get your first round of haste as multiple attacks. Run it by the DM.


atk:

hp1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
hp2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
hp3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
hp2dam: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

As you guys each come out of the door, Jacen, Delisar and Otiven all get fired at, but Otiven is the only one to get hit, {8damage} The two.halforcs begin turning two wheels, pulling up a make shift bridge as the ship closes to thirty feet, but jacen successfuly hits next the one on the right catching him, the wheel and the archer on fire as well.

Otiven casts haste of most while Delisar encases himself in an arcane shield.
Ekembe and Miggen both spring from the boost firing shots off at the archers, although miggen under estimates the distance, Ekembes aim is true though, plants his arrow in the mans shoulder.

Gornack and Karg both have fully loaded a cannon, Quinn casts bless on Ekembe.
The orc on the right (2) points his fingers at the sky, makes a fist and slaps the archer next to him on the shoulder. Screaming at the top of his lungs- Zasrakna!- The other orc does the same to the archer on the left.

Status:

Archer 1:
Archer 2: 13dmg
Archer3: 7dmg
Orc1:
Orc2: 7dmg

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Barbarian 1/Summoner 3, HP 40, AC 16, Init +2, F +6 R +3 W +4 Perc. +10

Otiven will quick mount speedy Ride: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 then charge at the nearest enemy
Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Damage: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (8, 4) + 6 = 18


retired

Wordlessly, Ekembe coolly regards the archers on the approaching ship and swiftly looses a pair of arrows.

+1 Composite (+2) Darkwood Longbow (bless, haste, favored enemy): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22for: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

+1 Composite (+2) Darkwood Longbow (bless, haste, favored enemy): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17for: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Status:

HP: 38/38
AC: 17 (17 T / 13 FF) (haste)
CMD: 18
F/R/W: +7/+10/+5 (haste)
Warded: Sverinn
Healing Hex used on today: none
Hero Points Used: 1/3
Prepared Cantrips (3): guidance, light, touch of fatigue
Prepared 1st Level Spells (1+1): enlarge person [ ], mage armor [ ], ray of enfeeblement [ ]

Current Effects
Haste: 2/3 rounds
Bless: 1/?? minutes


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

Jacen smiles as he watches the ship catch fire. The only thing the halfling alchemist liked almost as well as explosions was fire. But, this was not the time to stand and enjoy the dance of flame. He quickly readied another bomb, and launched it at the same location, trying to hit both the half orc and the archer, and maybe destroy the wheel operating the boarding bridge as well.

Spoiler:

The wheel continues to burn for another 1d6 ⇒ 6 damage, as I assuming it was the direct target of the hit. If not, apply the burn to whatever got hit.

Throw bomb at half-orc on right and hopefully get some good splash damage on people and things. If any of my companions are nearby, I can use Precise Bombs to exclude up to 5 of them from the splash damage. If an enemy is out of splash damage range, I can extend the splash damage to 1 additional square using Splash Damage Mastery. Sorry for the novel, but it helps if I can be precise.

attack vs touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
hit damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 5) + 6 = 13, splash damage = 8


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

well I will be redoing my initiative granting familiar...or cna i just change the bonus provided? Since I don't often check paizo on the weekends, I'm a little behind in posting.

Sverinn rolls out of the hammock and quickly casts mage armor on herself before heading up onto deck.

Seeing the carnage about the ship, she quickly casts a spell of the boarding bridge in place, if the boarding bridge is already in place, she makes it look twice as wide on one side.

silent image, DC 16


Male Human Druid 5, Hp 36, AC 16/12/14 F +7, R +4, W +10; Init +2, Perception +13

Rowan stalks to the rail of the ship, prepared to guard against any attackers coming over the bridge.

As he waits, he summons a thunder clap onto the closest chainmail clad orc.

DM, bless affects all allies in a 50' diameter burst centered on the caster, so I'm going to assume it effects Rowan as well, if not, please subtract 1 from my attack roll modifier.[ooc]

Storm Burst: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 [ooc] vs. touch AC as a SLA, +1 bless, +1 haste
Nonlethal: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 and target is -2 on attack rolls for the next round.


M Tief Wiz 4 HP 21, AC 13 (17 Currently), T 12, FF 11; F+4, R+5, W+5; Perc +2, Darkvision

Seeing Otiven charging at the orcs on the opposing ship, Delisar threw out some powdered iron at the archer and murmured out a quick spell, then watched as the gnome doubled in size.

Casting Enlarge Person on Otiven


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

Enlarge on Otiven? Poor Speedy :(


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

"Let them come to us?"

Next turn, whenever that is... Sverinn will fire an arrow at any caster looking type, or any orc, especially one that manages to stay on the bridge.

Longbow 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
damage 1d8 ⇒ 3

Not the best shot, but she'll reload anyway.


gnome fighter 1/ oracle 3 ~ hp34/34 ~ AC18 tch14 ff15 ~ CMB+3 CMD16 ~ Fort+5 Ref+4 Will+4

Miggen fires twice at the archer closest to him. He makes an odd noise... "Waa-yeow!" a little creeped out by his increased speed.

crunch:

AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15
hp 34/34
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +4

Effects: haste, deadly aim -1/+2
full round action: fire shortbow twice

1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 1 = 18
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 - 1 = 12
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


ok so everyone is blessesd then for sure. And i should, hopefully have a map of sorts up by tmw guys. Sverinn, no worries about 'being behind' worse case scenario ill npc an action for you if you engaged or direly needed

Otiven jumps on speedy and charges across the bridge as soon as it clasps onto the ship. Although the two get to the other side safely his lance seems to divert itself away from the middle archer.

Ekembe wastes no time, loosing two arrows at the uninjured archer on the left, both hitting their mark with precision. 19 dam to A1

Jacen tossez yet another bimb, only after fully enjoying the fire hes managed to start, landing directly on the heavily armored halforc. The deadly contents cause more havoc to the two archers next to the orc and blows apart the bridge wheel as well. The fire spreads under the feet of the archer, who now wear very worried expressions.
13 dam to O2, 7dam to A2&3. +2burn dam to all 3 as well.

Sverinn, after casting mage armor as she makes her way to help the crew, places her own arcane bridge, just for those orcs ;)

Rowann devises an ambush plan but gives a thunderous applause to O1 while he waits, causing the orc to shake violently for a moment and then become very aware of his own singed flesh beneath his armor.

dices:

which1: 1d3 ⇒ 1


Delisar begins his assault by enlarging Otiven, lucky for speedy though the gnome becomes the size of a human and isnt to heavy to carry.

Miggen, surprised at his magically enhanced speed fires off two shots, one implants into A1s chest, while the haste is too new for Miggen, he fumbles the second arrow into the ocean below. But alas, the archer on the left is now slumped against the railing of the ship, lifeless as can be.

The other two archers are still very much alive, albeit with very hot feet at the moment. They both back away from the rails near the middle of their ship and let loose at the biggest threat, Jacen. The little halfling takes a perfectly aimed arrow right to the left of his neck, lodging itself between his collar bone. Althougb the second arrow manages to find a place with Miggens in the ocean, surely because of the archers burning feet. Jacen takes 18 dam

The, very aggregated, orc on the right side moves away from the burning deck as well, screaming a war cry behind him while unleashing his giant axe at the side of Otiven, giving the summoner a nasty gash on his right leg. While the other orc puts his axe to use as well and helps its brother by leaving a matching, but less painful, cut on his left leg. Otiven takes 18 dam

The orcs war cry seems to be of a double use, not only did it seem to help cause Otiven pain but three more humans clad in hide or leather armor all carrying sharp and shiny scimitars run up the stairs and out the cabin doors, a few feet behind the relocated archers.

In common the one with a triangle hat scream Jus give up now yd landblubbas! Tese here me waterrrs, an I aint fer seein room for ye. Put down ye blades an ye might cen swim home hehehahaharrr!!!

dices:

atk&dam2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
a2crcon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 dam2: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
atk&dam3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 dam3: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
atk&damO1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 damO1: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
atk&damO2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 damO2: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Jacen and Ekembe, please put ac/flat-footed/touch along with save mods, hp cmd/cmb an SR in race/class lvl boxes so it shows up in your header like everyone elses. It makes my job sooooo much easier ;) thanks guys!!


M Tief Wiz 4 HP 21, AC 13 (17 Currently), T 12, FF 11; F+4, R+5, W+5; Perc +2, Darkvision

Taking aim with his crossbow, Delisar took aim at one of the orcs, firing off a shot.

Crossbow Shot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Barbarian 1/Summoner 3, HP 40, AC 16, Init +2, F +6 R +3 W +4 Perc. +10

Did you count the +1 AC from dodge? Just asking.

Otiven gets seemingly enraged at the Orcs attacking him, and thrusts his lance into the beast.

Entering Rage

Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Status:

HP: 30/40
AC: 15
Rage Rounds: 6/7


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

Staggering from the arrow shot, Jacen pulled a vial from a pocket and quaffed it down. The healing energies eased his pain as he ripped the arrow from his shoulder and he looked wildly around for any sort of cover.

Spoiler:
Use a Cure Light Wounds extract for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 healing

Aloud, he called "Is that supposed to be the common tongue? Really? Do you keep your extra musket balls in your mouth for special occasions?"


also, please specify which "orc" "archer" or "pirate" your attacking. Otherwise ill choose for ya ;) an add something somewhere declaring mage armor, bless or anyother magical/special conditions or bonuses. Because, honestly, if its outta sight itz outta mind. It takes me. Good hour to make a DM post as is. Looking back at past posts to see whos effectively got MA or bless or whatever would be sooo time consuming. As of now though I see Sverinn and Delisar have MA and the entire crew has been blessed. If im missing anything, let me know. But from here on plz put ir somewhere, a spoiler "status" block containing current/total hp, current ac cmd and another "effects/bonuses" would be great and copy/pasteable for future posts. I dont think Im asking to much do you lol


retired

The great horns on Ekembe's helmet turn to his right as he brings his gaze to Otiven and the half-orcs he is currently engaging. Thinking the large halfling has matters well in hand, he turns his attention back to the archers.

With a steadying breath, he draws and fires twin arrows in the brief span between inhaling and exhaling at the right-most archer.

+1 Composite (+2 Str) Darkwood Longbow (bless, favored enemy, haste): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25for: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

+1 Composite (+2 Str) Darkwood Longbow (bless, favored enemy, haste): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25for: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Status:

HP: 38/38
AC: 17 (15 T / 13 FF) (haste)
CMD: 19 (haste)
F/R/W: +7/+10/+5 (haste)
Warded: Sverinn
Healing Hex used on today:
Hero Points Used: 1/3

Prepared Cantrips (3): guidance, light, touch of fatigue
Prepared 1st Level Spells (2+1): enlarge person [ ], mage armor [ ], ray of enfeeblement [X]

Current Effects
Haste: 3/3 rounds (ends at the end of Otiven's turn this round)
Bless: 1/?? minutes, 2/10 rounds

Just so I understand what you're asking for, you'd like the top half of what's under my Status spoiler also in that header-bar area? Or are you saying you'd like that info either in the header bar or under a spoiler?


Male Human Druid 5, Hp 36, AC 16/12/14 F +7, R +4, W +10; Init +2, Perception +13

Rowan bounds across the bridge and into the Orc that he had already thunder-clapped, biting at its chainmail clad form.

Bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 plus grab (Free grapple attempt, does not provoke AoO)
Grab: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 if successful, both Rowan and Orc 1 gain the grappled condition (-4 to Dex(-2 to AC and Reflex saves), cannot move, -2 to attack rolls and combat maneuver checks, except those to grapple or escape grapple)

Leopard Form:

Senses: low-light vision, scent
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC: 14(*15), t12(*13), ff12 (+2 Dex, +2 NA)
F7/R4(*5)/W10(*12 vs. fear)
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Speed: 30 ft., climb 20ft.
Melee: bite +7(*9) (1d6+4 plus grab), 2 claws +7(*9) (1d3+4)
Special Attacks: rake (2 claws +7(*9) (1d3+4)
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
STR: 16, DEX 14
CMB +7(*9) (+11(*13) grapple); CMD 18(*19) (22(*23) vs. trip)
Skills: Acrobatics +2, Climb +15, Stealth +2(+7 in tall grass), Swim +7

Buff bonuses are accompanied by a *

Wow, those were some horrible rolls.


Ok, sorry for all the OOC comments, I'm going to combine them all into one here shortly... Here is the map, I hope this works anyways... Library comp won't let me get onto Google.Docs. Ship Attack Map

Previous OOC posts: :

id rather have it in the header just to make it that much easier, and if i needed it outside of combat, because i don't expect you guys to put in stat spoilers in rp posts. Ya never know when a demons flying over head dropping acidic hail on our exploring heros ;) and bless will last 5 mins.

also, please specify which "orc" "archer" or "pirate" your attacking. Otherwise ill choose for ya ;) an add something somewhere declaring mage armor, bless or anyother magical/special conditions or bonuses. Because, honestly, if its outta sight itz outta mind. It takes me. Good hour to make a DM post as is. Looking back at past posts to see whos effectively got MA or bless or whatever would be sooo time consuming. As of now though I see Sverinn and Delisar have MA and the entire crew has been blessed. If im missing anything, let me know. But from here on plz put ir somewhere, a spoiler "status" block containing current/total hp, current ac cmd and another "effects/bonuses" would be great and copy/pasteable for future posts. I dont think Im asking to much do you lol


gnome fighter 1/ oracle 3 ~ hp34/34 ~ AC18 tch14 ff15 ~ CMB+3 CMD16 ~ Fort+5 Ref+4 Will+4

Miggen darts onto the bridge behind Rowan, mutters a spell, and spasmodically gestures at the left orc. "DROP IT!!"

crunch:

AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15
hp 34/34
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +4

Effects: bless, haste
move action: move to (G,9), std action: cast burning disarm at Orc 1 (F,3)
3d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 3) = 8 damage if he fails DC15 Ref save or decides to hold on to weapon.


Undine / Lvl. 4 Watersinger HP:17/41 AC::19/16/13 Fort:+3 Refl: +7 Will:+6 CMD:18

Jakiim waited around by the docks until the members of the team to explore the Island of Fey had left the mainland. Once they had gotten a good distance away, and had likely forgotten about him, or could not very well see him, he slipped into the waters and trailed behind them. Swimming is one of Jakiim's favorite things to do, so he enjoyed following the ship out into the ocean. Staying under the water, he kept his distance until the storm started, at which time he decided it was time to catch up. Not affecting his vision in the slightest, he was able to stay near the bottom of the ship, and wait out the storm with the vessel.

Once the storm subsided, Jakiim noticed the two ships approaching, but stayed under still, waiting to see how the land dwellers handled the beginning of the encounter. Since the waters are full of them, Jakiim assumed that they were pirates, more than likely attempting to gain a new ship for themselves. Once the firefight between the cannons started booming above the surface, he reassured himself that this was correct.

Upon seeing the group seem to be in a bit of trouble, Jakiim swims over to the SouthEastern corner of the nearest pirate ship, and begins singing a beautiful melody in no particular tongue as he pokes his head above the surface. "Aaaaayyyyy oh ay oh ay oh ay oh.. Aaaaayyyyy oh ay oh ay oh ay oh.." This creates a pillar of water rising up underneath of Jakiim, to effectively propel him out of the water. The water seperates from the ocean, in the form of a 5' tall pillar and rises to make his feet level with the deck of the ship. Jakiim steps off of the pillar of water, and onto the ship, only to bring that same pillar up over his head. As Jakiim continues in song, he directs the pillar of water to slam down upon the head of the nearest Orc. Apparently though, he is a little off from having swim all this way, a bit tired maybe. The pillar of water falls short a few feet of the Orc, and comes down instead on top of the already dead Archer.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 To hit Orc.


As the battle continues almost simultaneously 6 loud booms go off at one time,. Good thing about all six cannons firing at once is, somehow, everyones aim was slightly off, one ball from each ship collide in the air right above the bridge, showering debris over the edges of both ships. Karg ball slam into the side of fhe ship the fighting is taking place on. While Quinns ball strikes true, right into the far ship at the base of the right side cannon. Taking out the floor that held it up, it goes crashing down into the cabin below, along with the dirty pirate that had been operating it. But alas, the other two balls from thw far ship smash into the side of our ship crashing through into the lower deck. Gornack yells, Jus whats needed! Repairs at sea! We gosta take em out lads b'fore they sink us! as he begins repacking his cannon wifh powder, Quinn and Karg nod and do the same.

the ship sustained damages comparable to non-lethal damage. Everyone on the bridge "column" 5' onto each ship and the columns on both sides of the "real bridge" also 5' into each ship make a reflex save, dc14 or take 1d4 damage from the heavy lead/metal debris falling on your heads. (

cannon fire:

Gc: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 gcd: 3d12 + 5 ⇒ (3, 2, 6) + 5 = 16
kc: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 kcd: 3d12 + 5 ⇒ (1, 6, 9) + 5 = 21
qc: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 qcd: 3d12 + 5 ⇒ (4, 7, 6) + 5 = 22

ship stat:

Ac:14 HP: 255/255 (20 NL)
Ammunition: 22/25
Powder Barrels: 47/50 (1/2 to load for one shot)

full dm post coming saturday afternoon


Delisar loads, aims, and sends a bolt through O2s chest making the orc wheeze and give Otiven the opening to jab his lance through the same orcs stomach. Send the heavily injured and burned foe to his knees and his death.

Jacen puts down a healing potion while taunting the captain of the foes ship, aarre! Speak all ye wantin now puny boy! Soon yell be makin crys an screams fer ye wench of a momma!

Ekembe fires two more arrows at the burned archer, both finding a home within the mans heart, blood pumps out of the wounds only twice before he falls face first onto the deck, in a forming pool of his own blood.

Rowann, the feline, manages to get his teeth caught in the orcs armor, getting unstuck proves easy enough but no damage has been done.

Miggen pulls a little trick from his sleeve causing the last orc to burn his hand and drop his axe. He looks at the axe on the ground with a confused face, and ends up taking an arrow from Sverinn in his awed state. O1 takes 11 dam

As the battle rages on an odd spectacle of water rising up from the ocean, propelling an undine that looks very familiar. He gets onto the foes ship and continues singing his song to command the pillar of water to slam, for an uknown reason, the already dead archer.

The remaing archer looses an arrow that slams into the mast behind the party, while the confused orc unsheaths a smaller axe from his hip but misses Otiven with a very slow swing.

The pirates all make odd gestures that all seem the same, without speaking a word they all become guarded by a transparent yellow disc hovering in front of them. Grinning they point their scimitars at the party, while three more pirates make their way onto the deck, the first two draw morning stars, while the last one draws a flail. here we come!! the captain shouts


retired

Marty, can we get a recap of what opponents there are left at this point?


yessir, and remeber eneimies in my games are treated like pc's. As in at 0hp they fall unconscious and afe able to be healed until they reach negative health equal to their constitution score, unless all enemies are defeated and noone is around to heal them, then of course they are considered dead. I also went ahead and included the enemies on the far away ship, which you probably wont come into direct contact with, and the third halforc that will be coming out of the cabin next round, ill start adding a status spoiler at the end oc my combat posts with total damage done to relevant enemies, any ideas/thoughts/suggestions for this or anything you guys might want?
Next round by sunday night/monday morning

foe reflex saves and debris dam:

o1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 cap: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
a2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9p1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
p2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 o1dam: 1d4 ⇒ 4 capdam: 1d4 ⇒ 2
a2dm: 1d4 ⇒ 1 p2dam: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Archers::

A1- -7
A2- 17 dam
A3- -8

halforcs:

O1- 21 dam
O2- -4
O3- no dam

Pirates::

Cap- 2dam
Caster Pirate1- No dam
Caster pirate2- 3 dam
Reg. Pirate1- no dam
Reg. Pirate2- No dam
Reg. Pirate3- no dam

far ship foes:

Cannon op1- no dam
Cannon op2- no dam
Cannon op3- dead (not healable)
Cannon op captain- no dam


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

reflex 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
[/ooc] 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

[ooc]spellcraft to recognize enemy spell 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32


A nat. 20! For sure you know its the level 1 Magus spell [i]shock shield[/i,] on the captin and other 2 pirates next to him. The spell works like the regular shield spell but can be dispersed while dealing damage to surrounding people, friend or foe, and the caster. And Sverinn, is that your whole turn? Also, im having trouble making a map from my phone. But ill figure it out eventually, full dm post after everyone puts in a turn, or tmw morning. Which ever comes first.


retired

With a grunt, Ekembe fires an arrow at the last archer standing.

+1 Composite (+2 Str) Darkwood Longbow (bless, favored enemy): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22for: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Status:

HP: 38/38
AC: 16 (14 T / 13 FF)
CMD: 18
F/R/W: +7/+9/+5
Warded: Sverinn
Healing Hex used on today: none
Hero Points Used: 1/3

Prepared Cantrips (3): guidance, light, touch of fatigue
Prepared 1st Level Spells (2+1): enlarge person [ ], mage armor [ ], ray of enfeeblement [X]

Ongoing Effects:
bless: 1/5 minutes, 3/10 rounds

Since the half-orcs are listed separately, does that mean the remaining pirates are humans?

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Barbarian 1/Summoner 3, HP 40, AC 16, Init +2, F +6 R +3 W +4 Perc. +10

Otiven is familiar with the process of the enlarge person spell, as he casts it himself. He stabs at Half Orc 1 with a hasty assault

Attack 1+Bless/Haste/Enlarge: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Attack 2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Damage 1: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Damage 2: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


yes Ekembe, remaining pirates and archer are human, and since i accidentally erased the map i made at the library, even though i couldn't edit it from my phone, i drew one up to show the current placement of everyone. Im going to get a grid an markers soon to make this easier, but for now, here is the map-pirates attack rnd 4

Legend for the map;:

A=archer; OR=half-orc1, CP=capn pirate; M=magus pirates; P=reg. Pirates;
All enemies are in black,

pcs are colored. Gray M is Miggin, JK is Jakim (he is on C,4), Lgt Green O is Otiven, drk green R is Rowann, JC is Jacen, E is Ekembe, D is Delisar, S is Sverinn. The brown circles are masts on the ship, the brown squares are the doors to below deck cabins, Miggen is on the bridge connecting the two ships, outlined in brown. The yellow space to its right is the illusion bridge Sverinn put in place. The red area is the part of the ship thats on fire at the moment. And finally, the blue area is Jakims water pillar.

Every square on this map is ten feet. Bear with me guys, the maps will improve very soon, now lets get it on!

151 to 200 of 532 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Island Of Fey All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.