Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Island of Fey

Game Master Nexumis

A new Island has been discovered south west of the Continent of Garund! The Pathfinder Society is looking for a small team, 3-6 members, to subcontract out to go investigate this Island and possibly begin colonizing it. Although not


51 to 100 of 532 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

best to not keep the dm waiting...

Round 2, Initiative 22
Spells Available:
2nd Lvl, DC 17: Acid Arrow*, Create Pit*, See Invisible
1st Lvl, DC 16: Charm Person, Grease*, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist*, Silent Image
Cantrips, DC 15: Acid Splash*, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand

Sverinn takes another step forward and flings one hand up, curling three fingers into her palm, she points at the crab (#6), and finishes the incantation as she lowers her raised thumb, completing the spell.

Two pearlescent bolts of pure arcane force fly from her fingers, twirling around each other as they fly unerringly to impact on the carapace of the crab.

Magic Missile; 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 2 = 6


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

No big deal, it happens.


Jacen rounds the corner with two bombs ready to start his assualt, tossing them both at the group of crabs making there way toward the ship, both acid bombs exploding on impact of the hard shell.

#3 takes the 26 damage and all around take 14

Delisar charges his familiar with a burning gaze spell, which the crab isnt able to avoid, but is able to use its natrual hard shell to avoid being caught on fire; #4 takes 1 dam.

Sverinn unleashes hertwo magical bolts sending them with unequaled percision into &#6s shell, it howls in pain as pieces fall to the groun.

Ekembe an Otiven nod heads at each other pulling out there bows and firing simultaneously at #6, the two arrows finding home within the mosters skull, sending it into the ground with a screech an thump to rival a crashing ship.

Miggen envelopes homself within a magical shield as Rowan makes his way to the badly ijured Quinn. Seeing the human clinging onto his last breaths of life, Rowan stabilizes the boy.
The crabs saty entangled, not ableto move.

Next round by monday morning :)


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

Can you update the map to indicate which ones are dead? It's hard to tell from the current map.

"What does it take to deter these creatures?" Jacen swiftly assembled another bomb, knowing that once the crabs were released from the entanglement they could wreak havoc among the combatants.

Spoiler:

#3 takes another 1d6 ⇒ 1 acid damage at the start of my turn, if still alive.

5' and throw at #4 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
damage 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 5) + 5 = 13

splash damage 7 on all surrounding, Ref DC17 for half.


Male Human Druid 5, Hp 36, AC 16/12/14 F +7, R +4, W +10; Init +2, Perception +13

Rowan looks up from his ministrations, Crabs are mindless, Jacen. In that the giant ones are the same as their smaller cousins. Once they find a source of food, they do not stop trying to eat it unless they are stopped. In this case, it is simple survival of the fittest. End them before they end us.

True to his own words, Rowan pulls a small sphere of tallow, brimstone, and powdered iron from the pouch at his belt and squeezes it in his hand. A blazing ball of fire appears under one of the crabs, cooking it in it's own shell.

With a wave of his hand, he moves the ball to a nearby crab, giving it the same treatment.

cast flaming sphere on the closest crab still standing, DC 17 reflex save or Fire Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 6) = 11
Crabs are at -4 Dex (-2 Reflex) for entangled condition, then move it to the next crab as a move action, same Reflex save, Fire Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 1) = 12


M Tief Wiz 4 HP 21, AC 13 (17 Currently), T 12, FF 11; F+4, R+5, W+5; Perc +2, Darkvision

They're mindless beasts, but they're almost done." Venser said to the gnome as he loosed a bolt from his crossbow, growling as he realized that it would miss. Muttering to himself about being a poor shot, he grabbed another bolt and reloaded the crossbow.

Nearby, Venser turned his gaze onto another crab, trying to cook it.

Actions:

Delisar: Firing my light crossbow at Crab 4 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 1d8 ⇒ 5

Venser: Burning Gaze at Crab 3. 1d6 ⇒ 3 fire damage. DC 19 Fort to prevent damage, then DC 19 reflex to avoid being set on fire


Round 2 Cont.... Updated Map
(I havn't Updated PC's positions; If any are wrong, plz correct so on the map or tell me, I'll correct it at next DM post

GC#'s 2 & 4 advance on the party; (there not entangled) both are able to make it to Venser. Although both are apparently exhausted from the heat and damage sustained, or Venser is just entirely to fast for the shelled monsters, because the familiar is able to avoid both claws.

Crab Attacks:

GC#4: Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
GC#2: Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

GC#4: Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
GC#2: Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Grapple4 Cmb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Grapple2 Cmb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Everyone make a perception check:

DC 17:

As the #4 gets closer you start to see a lighter shade of red in odd markings, a very distinct symmetrical pattern down its shell. Something like a vertibre down the middle with 'ribs' spreading out and around its side to the 'underbelly'.

Sorry for this "update" instead of it being on the actual post guys. I was at the water park with the kids earlier posting from my phone. So I didn't keep you all waiting; anyone who's posted all ready may 'delete' their posts if able to; or just repost a new action. Or keep the one you've already posted if you'd like :)


retired

If any crabs remain standing, Ekembe wordlessly fires another arrow.

+1 Composite (+2) Darkwood Longbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10for: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

retcon:

In that case, Jacen didn't move, and instead threw the bomb at #2. With Precise Bombs, none of my allies should be hit by splash damage.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Barbarian 1/Summoner 3, HP 40, AC 16, Init +2, F +6 R +3 W +4 Perc. +10

I dont see myself on the map

Otiven looks at Ekembe, nods, and continues shooting.

Longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Male Human Druid 5, Hp 36, AC 16/12/14 F +7, R +4, W +10; Init +2, Perception +13

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

I'll keep my previously stated actions, except that I'll manifest the flaming sphere under the crab attacking Venser and then move it onto his compatriot.


M Tief Wiz 4 HP 21, AC 13 (17 Currently), T 12, FF 11; F+4, R+5, W+5; Perc +2, Darkvision

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Venser will take a 5 foot diagonally back between Sevrinn and Jacen, then Burning Gazing 4 rather than 3, otherwise, no change


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

Round 3, Initiative 22

[spoiler=Spells Available:]
2nd Lvl, DC 17: Acid Arrow*, Create Pit*, See Invisible
1st Lvl, DC 16: Charm Person, Grease*, Mage Armor, Obscuring Mist*, Silent Image
Cantrips, DC 15: Acid Splash*, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand
Pearl of Power I
[spoiler]

Sverinn steps back while drawing and knocking an arrow before firing at #3.

Longbow 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
damage 1d8 ⇒ 2


retired

perception (DC 17): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
rats!


Delisar fires off a bolt, only to miss his target, bad luck goes from master to familiar, Venser just isn't fast enough this time, GC4 moving out of the way of the burning gaze.

Sverinn fires her bow, but not with enough power to pierce the hard shell of GC3; even though the arrow finds it's mark.

Rowan magiks up a ball of swirling fire; just under GC#4 but this crab is unnaturally quick, literally, springing out of the way of the sphere, Rowan moves the sphere, hoping to cause some damage to these beasts, moves his flaming sphere to GC2, satisfyingly the flames wrap themselves around its underbelly and trickle inside of it shell, burning away at the crabs delicate flesh.

11 dam to GC#2

Jacen throws another acid bomb; this one landing right on its mark. melting #2's shell away and exposing it's flesh to the rest of the acid. The monster falls to the ground in another satisfying thud
The splash of the bomb doesn't quite reach the other crab since It jumped out of the way of the flaming sphere.

GC2 is now dead

Ekembe and Otiven Fire again simultaneously at #4; Ekembe getting distracted by the Undine jumping out of the water, misses his shot, But the focused gnome finds the crabs face a great target; landing just below its eye socket.

GC4 takes 8 damage

GC4 moves to the back of Sverinn; clawing madly at the woman, unnaturally strong and fast it almost grabs her in its pincers, but she dodges and only recieves a mere scrap across her stomach.

Svrinn takes 4 damage

GC5 and GC3 both pull free of the entangle spell; advancing on the party as well.

Next round (RND 4) by tmw morning; or IF everyone posts and I have the time after work I'll get another round in :) Up to you guys :)

Crab Save checks:

#4 Ref: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 #4 Ref2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

#4 Ref3 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 #2 ref 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

FS ref #4: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 Fs ref 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Crab attacks:

GC4 Atk:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11Dam: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

GC4: Grapple: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


gnome fighter 1/ oracle 3 ~ hp34/34 ~ AC18 tch14 ff15 ~ CMB+3 CMD16 ~ Fort+5 Ref+4 Will+4

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

keeping posted action for round2, i'll post 3rd rd action in about 8 hrs


M Tief Wiz 4 HP 21, AC 13 (17 Currently), T 12, FF 11; F+4, R+5, W+5; Perc +2, Darkvision

You alright there Svrinn? That looked like it hurt Delisar called to the elf, taking a bead then loosing a bolt at the crab that attacked her, meanwhile Venser, trouble showed as much as it could on a dinosaur's face, then concentrated again, trying to burn down the hostile crab.

Delisar: Light Crossbow on GC4 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 4 = 15 1d8 ⇒ 3

Venser: Burning Gaze on GC4 1d6 ⇒ 1 Fort save 19, Reflex save 19 to avoid being set on fire if it takes damage.

Durations: Glitterdust- 3 rounds left. Burning Gaze- 4 Rounds left.


retired

Round 4 - Initiative Count 13

Seeing his new companion come under the attacks of one of the giant crabs, Ekembe turns his gaze from the strange creature in the water to the assailed wizard. Kneeling down, he places one open palm upon the ground. Pale green and dark purple lines of energy seem to dance in a chaotic cluster where he touched and then lance their way across the ground to Sverinn in a flash where they bloom from the earth in a soft glow that surrounds her then fades from view.

Standard Action: Use ward hex on Sverinn; +2 deflection bonus to AC and +2 resistance bonus to saves until she is successfully hit, fails a save, or a 2nd ward is raised on another target

Status:

HP: 38/38
AC: 16 (14 T / 13 FF)
CMD: 18
F/R/W: +7/+9/+5
Warded: Sverinn
Healing Hex used on today: none

Prepared Cantrips (3): guidance, light, touch of fatigue
Prepared 1st Level Spells (1+1): mage armor [ ], ray of enfeeblement [X]


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

"You take care of this one, I'll get the others!" Jacen called, as he feverishly mixed the reagents for another smoking bomb. He hurled the container at the two crabs emerging from the writhing vines and grasses. I should have mixed more reagents this morning.

Spoiler:

Bomb at #5 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 vs. touch AC
damage 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 4) + 6 = 12 acid

7 acid splash damage on #6, Ref DC17 for half

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Barbarian 1/Summoner 3, HP 40, AC 16, Init +2, F +6 R +3 W +4 Perc. +10

Otiven quickly jumps off of his mount 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 He leaps off flawlessly, and takes his lance, and runs towards GC5, attacking it.

Lance: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Grand Lodge

Otivens Eidolon, takes a 5 ft step, and attacks GC4

Claws: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Claws: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

Round 4, Initiative 22

Spells Available::

2nd Lvl, DC 17: Acid Arrow*, X Create Pit*, See Invisible
1st Lvl, DC 16: Charm Person, Grease*, Mage Armor, X Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist*, Silent Image
Cantrips, DC 15: Acid Splash*, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand
Pearl of Power I

"#$^@# this crab has a date with my cook pot!"

Sverinn takes a step nw (n5), and casts a spell, creating a pit under GC3 and 5.

Create Pit: 10' X 10' X 20'; Reflex 18 avoid falling in for GC3 & 5, any creature ending a turn adjacent to pit must make Reflex DC 18, with a +2 bonus or fall in. Falling damage applies.

Sverinn then shifts further west (L5).

"There's the pot, now cook them!"


Male Human Druid 5, Hp 36, AC 16/12/14 F +7, R +4, W +10; Init +2, Perception +13

Rowan redirects the burning sphere twice more, hoping to finish off any of the already wounded crabs.

Flaming Sphere: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 3) = 11

DC 17 reflex

Flaming Sphere: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 3) = 9


gnome fighter 1/ oracle 3 ~ hp34/34 ~ AC18 tch14 ff15 ~ CMB+3 CMD16 ~ Fort+5 Ref+4 Will+4

Miggen steps up to the remaining crab and attacks. His feet leave the ground as he quickly swings hammer and hook at the beast.

attacking GC41d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

crunch:

AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15
hp 34/34
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +4
Effects: Shield of Faith +2AC
move action:move to (n,7), std action: attack GC4 double weapon.


@Rowan: The only reason you were able to hit a creature and then move with the flaming sphere last turn Rowan was because you casted it in the crabs space, otherwise, once the flaming sphere hits a creature, its stopped for the rest of the turn/round. and I don't know where your directing it.. If you don't post coordinates before I make the DM post, I'll figure it goes to the closet crab...


@Miggen: Since I posted without your action last round, you will have a 'double' action this round as well, I'll just jus the same roll as your post just like I did with Jacen..


Male Human Druid 5, Hp 36, AC 16/12/14 F +7, R +4, W +10; Init +2, Perception +13

@Island DM, you are right. I thought I could direct it twice in a round like a double movement, and had forgotten the part about the sphere coming to rest once it hits something. Please put it on GC 5. If I may revise my action, I should still have a standard, and I'd like to use to to grab Quinn so that I can pull him out of the water next round.


Delisar fires a bolt at GC4, which connects with the hard shell but it doesn't penetrate the thick carapace. Meanwhile Venser lets his eyes beam at the Odd-Marked crab and this time the gaze hits the soft spot on its underbelly, mere seconds late flames lick the the sides of the outer shell, coming from #4's underbelly.

7 damage total to GC4

Sverinn, really wanting some cooked crab meat for the journey to Fey Island, opens a pit for the crabs to be cooked in; which works perfectly. Both 3 and 5 both fall into the pit, landing with earthen thuds

3 takes 7 fall damage, 5 takes 2 fall damage.

Rowan directs his flaming sphere into the pit, working out just as Sverinn and Rowan had planned, engulfing the monster within the pit its last few screeching noises signify the last of its breaths. After knowing the beast has succumbed to the druids flames, Rowann picks up the sailor boy, throwing him over his shoulder to get the lad to a safer resting place.

5 takes 11 fire damage

Jacen Flings yet another bomb at the crabs, landing directly on 3's shell, small streams of smoke rise up out of the pit giving the satisfaction of knowing the poison seeped into the beasts shell.

3 takes 12 acid damage

Ekembe shows his softer side and wards the only female of the group, making sure she doesn't sustain too much more damage

Sverinn please show this change to AC and saves in your header by putting the temp. values in () or {}.

Miggen finds the courage he needed, and swings his gnome hammer so hard he leaves his feet! pleased with himself he was even able to connect with a solid blow with the hooked side of the hammer as well!

#4 takes 11 more damage

Otiven sees his first target choice has fallen into the pit, and been scorched to death, he quickly drives his lance straight through the oddly marked carapace and into the back of the fiercest crab on the field. Speedy Follows his masters lead, clawing at the marked crab full force, but the animal just can't pierce the monsters thick shell to do any damage.

Being the only crab left to harm the party. The marked Crab uses both its claws to tear at the one who smashed its face area, Miggen is entire too nimble for the large monster though, and dodges both claw attacks, avoiding getting caught in the crabs pincers as well!

Round 5 by Tuesday morning-afternoon! GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

Crab Saves:

4 Gaze Ref: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15;4 catch fire: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
5 Pit fall: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
3 Pit Fall: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5; 5 bomb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
3 splash: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 81d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
5 FS ref: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1

Crab Damage & Attacks:

4 fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
3 fall damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
5 fall damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Miggen hook: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

4 atk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
4 atk2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

4 dam: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
4 dam2: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

cmb1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
cmb2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

Jacen sat back in triumph, seeing the acrid smoke wisps coming from the pit. Turning, he saw the others swarming the last of the crabs. He fingered another vial on a lanyard, but let it go. They've got this..

Spoiler:

Holding actions. #3 takes another 1d6 ⇒ 5 acid damage at the start of my turn.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Barbarian 1/Summoner 3, HP 40, AC 16, Init +2, F +6 R +3 W +4 Perc. +10

"These are some tough little buggers arent they?" Otiven shouts as he plunges his lance into the remaining crabs

I dont know which ones are left, but ill attack the closest one to me
Lance: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


M Tief Wiz 4 HP 21, AC 13 (17 Currently), T 12, FF 11; F+4, R+5, W+5; Perc +2, Darkvision

Venser disarmed his crossbow- it was too risky to shoot into the crowd now, he didn't have a clear shot to the beast, and his spells wouldn't really help at this point either.

Meanwhile, seeing the creature on fire, Venser tries to bite through his quarry's hard shell

Venser attacks GC 4 with bite (attacking flat-footed defense because of blindness):1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1, DC 14 Fort to avoid poison and take 1d2 ⇒ 1 Str damage on it's next turn. It can make additional saves to get rid of the poison on it's next turn.

Crab 4 takes 1d6 ⇒ 1 fire damage this turn from being on fire, and must make a DC19 Reflex save to attempt to quench it or take 1d6 ⇒ 4 fire damage on it's next turn. It may make another reflex save next turn.

2 rounds left on glitterdust blindness- or until they make a DC 20 will saving throw. 3 rounds left on burning gaze. Crab is on fire until it makes a DC19 reflex save


retired

Ekembe moves forward and aids Miggen's next attack.
Move: I7 > M7
Standard: cast guidance on Miggen (+1 to next attack roll, skill roll, or ability check)

Status:

HP: 38/38
AC: 16 (14 T / 13 FF)
CMD: 18
F/R/W: +7/+9/+5
Warded: name
Healing Hex used on today: names
Prepared Cantrips (3): guidance, light, touch of fatigue
Prepared 1st Level Spells (1+1): mage armor [ ], ray of enfeeblement [X]


Male Human Druid 5, Hp 36, AC 16/12/14 F +7, R +4, W +10; Init +2, Perception +13

With a flick of his wrist, Rowan's ball of fire hops out of the pit and onto the back of the strangely marked crab while the druid himself carries the young sailor out of the shallows and onto dry land.

Attack GC4 with the flaming sphere
damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 4) = 16
Move to column I, row 6


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

"Thank you, whoever that was," seeing that her pit handily allowed two of the crabs to be dispatched, she takes stock of the battlefield and holds her action as the last crab is surrounded by her companions.


Between Rowan's flaming sphere and Otivens lance and Vensers bite, the crab succumbs to the partys attacks. A bright flash shows the end of the crabs life, coupled with a reddish smoke.

As the smoke finally clears the crabs body doesn't exist, instead the body of a Undine lays curled up in the fetal position where the crab should be.

Lieing motionless and not seeming to breath, it poses no threat anymore.

I'll be gone all day today, I'll get on to post after work, before I go to bed tonight, around midnightish. Everyone gets 350xp


Wizard 5, HP 20, AC 14{16}, T 14{16}, FF 11{13}; F +1{3}, R +4{6}, W +5{7}; Init +7, Perc +6, Low-light

"Interesting... now what cause would this one have for such an attack?" Sverinn searches the Undine.

She will then dismess her pit and see if any of the crab meat is edible and salvageable, inviting the townsfolk to help themselves as well.

Perception:search 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Survival:Crab meat 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


retired

Ekembe stalks over to the unmoving undine, towering over the prone figure. His features are lost in the shadowy depths of his helmet as he regards the creature. "Was this one a druid of some sort or were other magics at work here? Sverinn also asks a good question: why attack this place and its people?"


gnome fighter 1/ oracle 3 ~ hp34/34 ~ AC18 tch14 ff15 ~ CMB+3 CMD16 ~ Fort+5 Ref+4 Will+4

Miggen quickly scans the horizon for other threats, then bends down to check vitals and for any clues as to who or what this might be.

heal diagnose: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

"What am I lookin at here?" he asks no one in particular.


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

"It seems that there may be more interested in this expedition than the group of us. Perhaps our Undine friend over there," Jacen waved towards where the other Undine had leaped from the water, "can shed some light on the matter."


M Tief Wiz 4 HP 21, AC 13 (17 Currently), T 12, FF 11; F+4, R+5, W+5; Perc +2, Darkvision

"It could be some form of magical compulsion, Svrinn" Delisar said, coming in closer for a look, "As for why attack this place... it seemed to be attacking this particular ship and crew- us. It seems that either they," Delisar pointed at the fallen Undine, or someone else may not want us exploring this island."

Delisar blinked a couple times as he murmured a spell to see if there was any magical auras, and if so, what they were.

Casting Detect magic and once I am able to, if it's still there, determine the school, and possibly the type, of the spell casted.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29


Male Human Druid 5, Hp 36, AC 16/12/14 F +7, R +4, W +10; Init +2, Perception +13

Rowan's mouth hangs agape as the crab becomes an Undine. He quickly recovers his composure as he lowers Quinn onto the ground. With a wave of his hand, the entangling plants return to their less active state, while the ball of fire moves near to the water-line, out of the way, but ready to be called back if necessary 2 rounds remain before it snuffs out.
That one will live, he says to Gornack, but he won't be fit for duty without medical or magical aid. Let me know if you would have me heal him.
Without waiting for a response, the druid wanders over to the crab-turned-Undine.
It appears that this expedition already has some enemies. Perhaps our employer would care to shed some light on that subject. he says to Miggen. As to what we're looking at, let me see...
Rowan studies the Undine, to determine if it still may live, and to try to jog his memory regarding the creatures.
Heal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Knowledge(nature): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Barbarian 1/Summoner 3, HP 40, AC 16, Init +2, F +6 R +3 W +4 Perc. +10

Otiven pulls a wand out of his backpack, and uses it on Quinn

Taking 10 on my UMD check resulting in a 20. healing Quinn for
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Barbarian 1/Summoner 3, HP 40, AC 16, Init +2, F +6 R +3 W +4 Perc. +10

Then I remembered you cant take 10 with UMD
UMD: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Gornack speaks with a worried look on his face, I had no idea bout tis. Id heard of undines living in tese waters, but not heard of em being able to change tey looks, nor livin near the Island. Didn see any when we found the island neither. Hmmmm... He rubs his head trying to think, still very grim looking.

I sure hope t'is don't scare any of ya. T'eres bound te be more worse monsters t'en crabs or seamen on t'is island...

Sverinn finds two clay vials within the undines hip-pouch, opening them shows they contain 2 different color liquids, one clear and one red.
Her attempt to salvage crab meat didnt work as good as shed thought, only 3 pounds were still edible.

Add 3 pounds of crab meat and the clay vials to your inventory

Delisar, using his vast knowledge of all things magical, is qucik to determine, and inform the group, that the Undine was surly using drudic magic to transform into the crab. Although stronger than anyone here, the spell wasnt of great power by anymeans.

Beast shape for sure, not sure what level of strength, although higher than 4th for sure.

Miggen scans the horizen to see nothing but water as far out as he can see, and (probably the entire village) a group of all different races standing off to the side of Kricket Song Inn watching the spectacle that just took place. As far as the undines health, its definitely injured badly, but still clinging onto life.

Rowann has the same conclusion about the undine, it will live if it doesn't sustain anymore damages, and by memory he knows that its a human that has a taint from the plane of water in its past generations. Its skin is light blue, hands and ceet are webbed, its eyes seem to be filled with water, and its veins show very clearly through its skin, they are a whitish color. They tend to make communities with there own kind, beig shunned and misunderstood by the normal races.

Quinn is healed just enough, by Otiven, to regain conscious, thenk ye mis'ser, thought was dien, i did. Te crab went te attack te ship, ten a blue person brut more, ten jus turnt inte one! I was so scared.

Quinn then clasps his hands together and murmurs in what sounds fluid and heavenly to most, then a white light bursts out from his hands spreading in all directions everyone can feel the holy energy swell inside them, their hearts tingling and nerves calming.

One house rule I forgot to mention; I don't require UMD checks for MOST healing items. Once we get into higher levels I may for certain items, but for now, a CLW/CMW wand, no check required.

Anyone knowing Celestial:

By destiny and faith, its not my time to die, Pharasma will it! Heal me and mine, Judge us not at this hour

His bones are now obviously mended, all cuts and bruises vanish from sight. Wven the undine begins breatbing regularly and all noticeable injury fades crom view. Althougb seemingly healed, it doesnt make any effort to move from the fetal position.

Now, Im Quinn. The healer of the village and Cleric of Pharasma. I also be a sailor, bad guy pirate once, raided anythin amongst te southern seas. Maybe karma coming, or te mad prophet in another form comin to gimmie me judgment... Anyways, who are the lot of ya?

as Quinn finishes speaking, the Undine lifts its head off the ground, and peers at everyone, it begins making noise, presumably speech, which sounds something like waves, and water trickling over rocks.

Any one knowing Aquan:

Who are you people? What do you want with our Island!

Combat is officially over, feel free to Roleplay post as much as you can/want to per day. I'll be checking as much as possible, I'm over my "whooping" cough, so I do work 2nd shift, but I check stuff out on my phone frequently. Happy gaming!!


M Tief Wiz 4 HP 21, AC 13 (17 Currently), T 12, FF 11; F+4, R+5, W+5; Perc +2, Darkvision

Anyone that speaks Celestial:
And we have not been judged
Delisar replied to Quinn in the same fluid tongue, then continued in common. "I am Delisar, I'll let the others introduce themselves, I probably have to head over there Delisar nodded in the direction of the undine,"just in case Aquan is all the undine knows."

Delisar walked over to the undine, "Can someone else come over here? I can translate for you, but any questioning should probably be done by someone else. I'm kinda bad at it myself."

I will automatically translate anything in Aquan that the undine speaks in to anyone that doesn't speak it. I will also make any translations from common to Aquan for people if the undine doesn't speak Aquan.


M Tief Wiz 4 HP 21, AC 13 (17 Currently), T 12, FF 11; F+4, R+5, W+5; Perc +2, Darkvision

I meant common there, I suppose that's what you get for making a post at midnight.


Alch 5 HP 25/31, AC 21/15/17; CMB/CMD +5/18; F+5, R+9, W+3; Perc +11

"May I see those vials?" Jacen takes a look at the vial, sniffs them, and very carefully transfers a mere drop of each to his tongue. He recalled his studies of ancient grammaries and experiments to determine what lay within the vials.

Using Alchemy to determine the type of potion, or fluid. 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28 on the first, and 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 on the second.


retired

Ekembe's horned helm slowly turns as he sets his gaze upon the undine druid laying in the fetal position. Not understanding her words, he starts to turn his attention to the undine in the water when he hears Delisar's offer. He nods to the teifling then turns his attention back to the defeated undine. As he takes his slow and deliberate steps to join Delisar, he passes by Sverinn. While his gaze doesn't pull away from the undine and his pace doesn't slow, his words are nonetheless warm and genuine, "You are welcome, Sverinn."

He rolls his broad shoulders before squating down next to the undine. His gaze, like before, remains fixed on their defeated opponent though his words are obviously directed at Delisar. "You will translate this one's words into ones this undine can comprehend?"


M Tief Wiz 4 HP 21, AC 13 (17 Currently), T 12, FF 11; F+4, R+5, W+5; Perc +2, Darkvision

"Yes, I am quite well versed in a great many languages," Delisar replied to Ekembe, "Though I could not be said to be the best interrogator. Go right ahead and I'll translate for you."


Male Human Druid 5, Hp 36, AC 16/12/14 F +7, R +4, W +10; Init +2, Perception +13

Rowan helps Sverinn gather up the crab meat as he listens in to the goings on.

Gently, if you would, Ekembe and Delisar. If she is of my order, perhaps I can determine what precipitated this attack.

Druidic:

Tell me, why attack this ship? I am not convinced as to the purpose of this expedition. Tell me your reasons, and I may assist you.


retired

"Gently? This one does not have gentle words but Ekembe will listen to yours, Rowan." True to his word, Ekembe remains silent as Rowan addresses the undine however he does not move his position; he remains squatted down beside the prone undine, the shadowy depths of his helment unwaveringly fixed upon their attacker.

51 to 100 of 532 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Island Of Fey All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.