Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Iron Carnival - Pentor Lionsmane's Mercenary PbP - #2 Squad

Game Master Monkeygod


951 to 1,000 of 1,082 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

"I wonder if he know's about the aquatic vampires that like living at the bottom of wells?"


Male Human Gunslinger (Gun Tank)/ Lvl 3

Pulling his fingers from his ears, Jax turns slowly to stare at Valen. "I... Kill... You!" With a roar he launches himself at the Mage, dagger drawn, getting all of two steps before he is dogpiled by the rest of the group.

Wheezing from the pressure, namely of having Gremm crushing him to the ground, Jax looks up at Valen. "Sorry Boss... Wont happen again!"


Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

Dusting himself off and fury burning behind his eyes, Valen stares at Fury. He struck you. Insulted you. Humiliated you. You should get your revenge. Yes, it would be easy. A few words, gestures. Burn him alive. Like you did to the others. Yes, very easy. Go on. You know you want to. Pushing the thoughts from his head Valen closes his eyes and breathes deeply. "It's alright Fury. I suppose we all let ourselves take it a little too far. No blood, no foul. Let's just put it behind us and move on. Come on, there's a camp to set up and dinner to cook. Daylight is fading fast."


Male Human Gunslinger (Gun Tank)/ Lvl 3

Jax nods softly, pushing himself to him feet, brushing dirt off of his clothing. He sighs softly. If Valen and him were to work together, to lead this group right, he really needed to control himself better. It was a mark of how much he had grown as a person, that he recognised the problem, instead of ignoring it.

Before Valen could walk away, Jax caught him by the sleeve, stopping him leaving. "I mean it... I am through with scuffeling with you Boss. I am undermining you and it is not working for any of us. I am sorry for that. I will do better!"


Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

Valen's fists clenched as Jax grabbed his sleeve. A red haze started to fill his vision. The voices began to whisper. But as he heard Fury's words he quickly calmed down. Turning a smile spreading across his face, Valen placed a hand on his second's shoulder. "I know you do, Fury. You're a good man. You just have some impulse control issues. But it's nothing that can't be worked out. I know we don't always see eye to eye on things, but that's why I chose you as my second in command. I don't want you to be afraid to speak your mind when you disagree with something. Just be sure you come to me in private so we can discuss it. We don't need the rest of the group thinking we won't work together. We need to stand together on things. I know it will take time but I think we can do it. Agreed?" Valen's hand raises, open for a hand shake.


Male Human Gunslinger (Gun Tank)/ Lvl 3

Jax pauses for a moment, frowning in thought, before smiling and shaking Valens hand. "Agreed. We can do this a lot better than we have been. I'm not going to lie Boss, I can not wait to leave this cursed country!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Varisian) Fighter 3

Gremm strolls up as the two shake hands. His arms engulf both of them, lifting them both up in a bear hug.

"I'm glad we could all be a big happy family!" he guffaws.

He sets them down and proceeds to laugh his head off.


Male Human Gunslinger (Gun Tank)/ Lvl 3

Laughing right along with Gremm, Jax claps the bigger man on the back. "Thanks Big Guy!"


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Once everything has appeared to settle down between Jax and Valen, Helena quips "Glad to see your lover's quarrel is over." She then goes about setting up a fire and begins cooking a delicious smelling stew.

The night passes uneventfully, nobody was even spooked by any shadows. However upon the Carnival fully waking, you hear a commotion from the caravan's camp. Going to investigate either as a group or a few of you, you discover two of the spare horses have been killed their throats slashed by wicked claw marks.


Male Human Gunslinger (Gun Tank)/ Lvl 3

Swearing loudly in several diffrent languages, none of which he can speak fluently, beyond the couple swears he knows, Jax sits down hard on the ground. "This is getting serious..."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Varisian) Fighter 3

Survival to find and follow any tracks
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Gremm shakes his head at the sight. Almost immediately, he quitely observes the scene, as if it's a motion he has gone through before.


Male Human Gunslinger (Gun Tank)/ Lvl 3

"See anything we can use Big Guy?" Jax looks up at Gremm.

Scrubbing a hand roughly down his face, Jax stands, taking a step back and looking over the scene slowly, seeking for anything out of place.

Perception-1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Varisian) Fighter 3

I think we have this crime scene covered.


Male Human Gunslinger (Gun Tank)/ Lvl 3

Haha! Pretty much yeah! Fury & Gremm - Crime Scene Investigators.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

While neither Gremm nor Fury find anything on the ground each is able to find something among the trees.

Gremm:
You notice that there's some broken branches here and there. They're in a few different trees, so it seems as if there was a several attackers.

Fury:
In one of the larger trees you spot something shiny, catching the sunlight.


Male Human Gunslinger (Gun Tank)/ Lvl 3

Frowning softly, staring up in to the tree, Jax shrugs and sits the musket down against the trunk, before drawing the dagger from his belt. Gripping the dagger between his teeth, he begins to climb, slowly, making sure to take every step slowly and carefully.

Climb (Taking 10 if I can)-1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13


Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

"By the gods. What would do such a thing?" Looking around the corpses Valen casts a spell searching for any magical auras or residue.

I'll use detect magic and see if I can't find anything.


Male Human (Mwangi) Artificer 3

"Someone who knows they can't get away with doing the same to one of us. Don't you think this looks more and more like delaying tactics? Something to get us to move more slowly and cautiously? Either that, or this is a mind game played by a being even more arrogate than I currently sound"

He looks over the horses.

"We're probably going to have to reimberse the merchant for these. Anyone know the going rate for a horse in these parts?"


Male Human Gunslinger (Gun Tank)/ Lvl 3

Jax looks back over his shoulder and grumbles as he clings to the tree, with one hand, pulling the knife from his mouth with the other. "To hells with that. It was not his wife, his daughter or him. He can pay for his own horses!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Varisian) Fighter 3

Gremm yells out to Jax.

"Be careful up there! It looks like this was the work of more than one person."


Male Human Gunslinger (Gun Tank)/ Lvl 3

"I'll be careful. But you catch me if I fall Big Guy!" he laughed softly, sticking the knife back between his teeth, before continuing to climb.

The Exchange

F Half-elf Inquisitor (Exorcist) 3

Acune attempts to identify what killed the horses dungeoneering 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24, a slightly worried frown on her face, before slipping an arrow to the nock of her longbow and inspecting the edge of the space where the horses had been tethered. perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

After a couple of close calls, and decent amount of difficulty, Jax climbs his way to the shiny object, which appears to a well made, yet plain ring.

Valen finds no magic auras, and Acune likewise comes up with nothing. Whatever killed the horses struck from the skies.


Male Human Gunslinger (Gun Tank)/ Lvl 3

Frowning at the Ring, Jax shrugs, before slipping it in to his pocket. looking back over his shoulder, to make sure no one is close to him, he tosses the knife behind him, to spin end over end and land on the ground, a safe distance away. "Not climbing down with that in my gob... Might lose my tongue!" He begins the slow descent back down, till he comes close enough that he can just jump.

Climb-1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Acrobatics-1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

Turning to the ladies and Nine-tail. "Either of you three make heads or tails of this?"


Male Human (Tian) Barbarian (Urban Barbarian, Spirit Totem) 3

Nine-Tail has his mask pulled across his face, ready for action, although nothing seems to be wrong. "Hard to track what walks on air, Boss. But give me a moment."

He opens his senses to the increased senses his mask bestows on him as he looks aobut, Wise Grandfather, do you see anything I cannot?.

Perception -> 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 If it helps


Male Human Gunslinger (Gun Tank)/ Lvl 3

Pulling the Ring from his pocket, Jax bounces it in his palm once, before holding it out to Valen. "What ya see Boss? Use the magic in them there eyes if'n ya please!"


Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

detect magic on the ring

The Exchange

F Half-elf Inquisitor (Exorcist) 3

"I'll just keep watch."


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

The ring radiates no magic. It appears to be well crafted, but is just a plain gold ring.

While the loss of the horses is disconcerting and mildly disturbing, it doesn't slow the caravan much. The day passes uneventfully, and night finds you nearing a small town.


Male Human Gunslinger (Gun Tank)/ Lvl 3

Bouncing the ring up and down on his palm, Jax walks along slowly, whisteling softly to himself. "Town up ahead Boss. We should probably pull our Caravan in to the Town itself, after this morning. What do you think?"


Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

"Agreed. But Why don't we send some people in first. We got lucky in the last town, but most of Ustalav has a reputation for being suspicious and wary of outsiders. Gremm, you, Miri, and I will go into town and see if we can't secure some lodging for the night and a place to store the wagons. Fury, you get the wagons pulled off the road so traffic can get through. Stay alert and ready in case whatever has been hounding us shows up or we're not so welcome." Stepping down from the wagon and walking over to Miri and Gremm, "You two ready?"


Male Human Gunslinger (Gun Tank)/ Lvl 3

Saluting Valen, Jax moves to the head of the caravan, waving his arms over his head. "FOLLOW ME AND STICK TOGETHER. ANYONE WHO SLACKS OFF OR SLIPS AWAY WILL BE GETTING SWEET BERTHAS' KISS BETWEEN THE EYES!" Patting his Musket with a dark grin, Jax begins to move off the road, towards a wide open meadow, just a stones throw away.

The Exchange

F Half-elf Inquisitor (Exorcist) 3

Acune smirks to herself and helps Fury.

Will be gone for three days for robotics event, sorry.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Upon entering the village, you feel this is definitely more like the stereotypical Ustalav town then where Mirri and Helena are from. It seems dark, even though its not yet really nightfall, and nobody seems to be out on the streets, which is definitely odd. Its of the hour where people should be coming home from work for dinner or going to a tavern or inn for the same.


Male Human (Mwangi) Artificer 3

Torque also helps Fury get the caravan off the road.

"Hells, we're at the field execution stage already? There I was thinking you had a soft side Fury"


Male Human Gunslinger (Gun Tank)/ Lvl 3

Jax smiles companionably at Acune before turning to Torque and laughing softly. "Hell that is soft... I am offering them Sweet Bertha not Gwenavier!" Jax grins, patting the slightly dulled and chipped Greataxe that hangs over his shoulder.

[b]"I can bullseye a pixie with Bertha but I couldn't hit a barn with Gwen!" He laughs sharply and begins to direct the traffic on to the green.


Male Human (Tian) Barbarian (Urban Barbarian, Spirit Totem) 3

Nine Tail sets out to scout around the parked wagons awaiting the return of their august leader.

Perception -> 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

But does not range far. Or see much.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Varisian) Fighter 3

Gremm looks around, a bit spooked.

"Now I know the area is a bit dead, but this strange even for Ustalav. Do you think what's been harrasing found its way here?"


Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

Valen sweeps his gaze through the seemingly abandoned village. "This certainly is odd. Lady Miri, do you know anyone from this village that may be able to offer us any assistance or know what is going on here?"

The Exchange

F Half-elf Inquisitor (Exorcist) 3

Acune excuses herself to go join Valen and the others as soon as her work's close to done.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Mirri looks very confused and perplexed "Umm, I'm not sure how to say this, but uh, I've never seen or heard of a village in this area. I have no idea what town this is...."

BUM BUM BUM BUM!!!...Cue spooky music.


Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

Slowly turning to face Miri with his eyebrows raised, "Surely you're kidding lady Miri."

Sense Motive Check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11. Just as a joke, you know.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

She shakes her head "Unfortunately not. While I do spend the majority of my time in the tavern, my free time is always spent roaming the nearby wilderness. While it is dangerous to be sure, I am quite well versed in avoiding trouble, and can handle myself in a fight. This town is one I have never come across before. Unless you want to explore this town right now, I suggest we go back and talk to Helena. She's got a surprising amount of random lore stored in that pretty head of her's"


Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

"Agreed. It's getting dark and who knows what will happen when that happens." Turning Valen along with Miri and Gremm head out of the village. While doing so he is ready and alert for any surprises. "I wonder..." Looking around for a moment he casts quietly.

Detect Magic

Liberty's Edge

Male Human (Varisian) Fighter 3

"Getting out of here sounds like a good idea to me."

Gremm takes a look around.

Perception
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Valen, nothing registers as magical.

Gremm:

Gremm, you notice that there are no signs of passage into or out of the town. No footprints, no wagon tracks, nothing. Also, even though its just evening there appears to be no traces of activity in the town from what you can see.

When you all get back to others and tell them about this town, Helena is quiet for a few moments, as if trying to remember something. "I've heard stories, really rumors and tall ones at that, about towns that mysteriously show up out of nowhere. I suppose if they are true, that could be what you all stumbled upon"


Male Human (Mwangi) Artificer 3

"That doesn't sound safe in the slightest. I reckon we should try and skirt it and keep going."

Does the terrain around the town let us skirt it easily or do the wagons risk getting bogged down if we don't take the road through it?


Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

"I agree. There were no traces of magic within the town that I could find. But stuff like that isn't to be trifled with. If it disappears and we're still inside who knows what could happen. I'm with you Torque. I say we try to go around."

The Exchange

F Half-elf Inquisitor (Exorcist) 3

"Agreed."

I'm going to be gone for spring break, likely with no internet access.

951 to 1,000 of 1,082 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron Carnival (VoA's Merc game) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.