Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Iron Carnival - Pentor Lionsmane's Mercenary PbP - #2 Squad

Game Master Monkeygod


701 to 750 of 1,082 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Andoran

Male Human (Varisian) Fighter 3

Gremm fidgets abut uncomfortably.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Grimtaur listens to both Valen and Torque "Ah yes, my adopted town of Westmar. Its a lovely town, and the people there are rather pleasant. Sadly, due to my current condition I am trapped inside my own fortress. Though it would appear it is not entirely my own any longer" When he speaks of the villiage, it is fondly, but also apparent that he is struggling some to remember it.

Sorry for yet another delay, I've been busy, feeling a little sick and also not entirely sure where I fully want to take this. I know where it was meant to lead when this game started and I know where I plan for it to go once done here, but getting there is a bit tricky.

Qadira

F Half-elf Inquisitor (Exorcist) 3

"You have some houseguests who have outstayed their welcome?"


Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

"And are they what is keeping your spirit anchored here?"


Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

"And are they the source of your spirit being anchored here?"


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Alright team(those of you still with me), we can do one of two things: either A) I can have you battle some weakish undead, to save the day which to me would be kinda lame or 2) You guys can quest to gather some stuff to battle a more powerful evil presence. I'll send ya all over the place for this choice, including far away n exotic locales.

Regardless of which you choose, please level to 3. I owe you all that much at least. I hope Gremm, Torque and Nine Tails are still with us, but if not, perhaps we can recruit a new team


Male Human (Mwangi) Artificer 3

Still right here. Sounds like you're more keen to make this a fairly major quest, so I'm up for that.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20
Torque Mitabu wrote:
Still right here. Sounds like you're more keen to make this a fairly major quest, so I'm up for that.

That was where this was going initially, before I took over and Pentor disappeared clear off the site. However, I believe he intended to keep it to Ustalav, which is kinda no fun, especially since I've been learning more and more about the world through both my own reading and other games I'm playing in.

Also, very glad to see your still with us Torque. I have some fun stuff still in mind for you, and would have been really bummed out if you decided to leave


Male Human (Mwangi) Artificer 3

HP roll for level 3: 1d6 ⇒ 3 + 1 for favoured class

Skill rank allocations:

1 rank in Use Magic Device

1 rank in Craft (Mechanisms)

5 ranks in Perception (I thought I could do without it but it's absance is getting on my nerves)

Feats

Dodge (Selected)

Brew Potion (class feature)

Don't worry, I'm not going to charge commission on potions I brew for you all - not until I'm trying to save up for something at least

New (level 2!) wierd science device

Infusion Array (cure moderate wounds): A cluster of brass needles linked to Torque's condensate syphon, the infusion array allows condensate to be injected into vital organs now that Torque has worked out a way of reducing it's viscosity. It can repair more serious injuries than simply spreading the condensate onto a wound can.

Andoran

Male Human (Varisian) Fighter 3

Remember, Gremm is the kind to let other people handle "business" affairs. He will usually sit in the back while others do the talking. Sorry if this led you to believe I had dropped!

As for choices, I would much rather travel the world. It's all Gremm really knows, after all.

Also, woop! Level 3!

HP roll!

1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Oh, and does anyone have a spare breastplate? I just received Armor Training 1 and am very much in need of more AC.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Don't forget, if you roll less than avg for HP, you take your avg+con...trust me, it will be handy :). Also I definitely think we can find a breastplate for our boy Gremm, unless I already gave one out, lol


Male Human (Tian) Barbarian (Urban Barbarian, Spirit Totem) 3

Nine Tail still here. If we need to move on, that is fine. Whatever, you as GM wants to run will be great.

HP 1d12 ⇒ 4 Yep, I will be taking the average.


Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

I'm all for running around gathering magical gizmos. So long as it doesn't become a glorified fetch quest. ;) Getting around to exotic locales would be fun and interesting. Plus a way to explore the world and get everyone's various character goals accomplished.

Yay! new level! New spells: Cause Fear (from bloodline), Daze (favored class bonus), and Mage Armor. Feat: Spell Focus (Conjuration). And for HPs 1d6 ⇒ 3. Huh, exactly average.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Speaking of character goals, what is everybody's goals looking like?

I know Valen is curious about his family's history, but what about everybody else, like RP wise??

Qadira

F Half-elf Inquisitor (Exorcist) 3

Exploring, chasing down fascinating monsters.
I don't have much more than that at the moment, unfortunately.

HP 1d8 ⇒ 4


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

"In a manner of speaking Lady Acune. It would appear this fortress was built over a collapsed gate to the Negative Energy Plane. Said gate was purposefully destroyed in such a manner as to trap an incredibly powerful undead inside and prevent it from coming into Golarion.

About six months ago, the seal broke, and the creature attempted to escape. Seera was able to halt its entrance, but vanished in the process. I am uncertain what happened to her. However, it was not enough and the undead monster broke free just a few short months later. I fought bravely to contain it, but in the end had to sacrifice my life to stop it from leaving this castle. Somehow, my dying trapped it in here as well, and it remains confined to the basement. However, each day it remains down there, it grows more in power and eventually will break through whatever it is keeping it here and when it does, it will ravage the land as never before"


Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

I'm gonna make a Knowledge (Planes) to see if I know anything about said gate or beast. 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13. Eh, middling knowledge.

Valen listens and thinks for a moment, a look of distant concentration on his face. "I'm not familiar with this beast. But the portal could explain why The Whispering Tyrant and other such evil beings are drawn to Ustalav. If there are other such weakened tears to the Negative Energy Plane it would explain a lot," Valen states out loud. Then turning to Lord Grimtaur, "Do you know of any way to reseal the portal and drive the beast back in?"


Male Human (Mwangi) Artificer 3

"A gate to the negative energy plane? A permenent gate? Who would construct such a thing!? The why is baffling enough, let alone the how!"


Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

"Probably for similar reasons that someone would willingly turn themselves into an undead abomination that is a complete affront nature. Namely, power."


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

"I don't know if the gate was created or naturally occurring. However, there is somebody who might know. There is a renowned sage of the planes who lives in Riddleport. Perhaps he can help answer your questions."


Male Human (Mwangi) Artificer 3

"Riddleport? In Varisia? That must be five hundred miles away! I hope this monstrosity will stay contained for a couple more months. On the plus side, it will make no real difference if get the caravan to Lepidstadt before setting off on this new mission. A deal's a deal after all"

Grimatar is probably used to magical transport, but we're not going to be able to afford any of that in a hurry. There must be some cost effective way of making a carriage cover more ground in a day...


Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

"I'm inclined to agree with Torque. Riddleport is a long way away. But I think this certainly presents itself as more urgent. I for one am all for heading there. I'm not sure how we'd get there in any manner of good time."


Male Human (Tian) Barbarian (Urban Barbarian, Spirit Totem) 3

"I walked here from Varisia in a few weeks, I can walk back. But I also walked there from Tian Xia in a night, so one never truly knows the extent of one's journey until they reach their destination."

Andoran

Male Human (Varisian) Fighter 3

Gremm shakes his head.

"If you pardon the interruption, I'm not too keen on going back to Riddleport. There's still some bad blood from when father and I were last there. If we must, I will, but know that there may be some loose ends I need to tie up."


Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

"Well if you get into a scuffle Gremm we'll be behind you. I'll just be a little further behind," he finishes with a wink. Then turning back to Grimtaur's ghost,"What is this object? Do you know where it is?"


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Ah, Valen, nobody mentioned any kind of object. Just that there's a sage who could possibly answer some of your questions

Qadira

F Half-elf Inquisitor (Exorcist) 3

Acune just sort of smirks and remains silent. She's a Varisian cleric of Good. Of course she's going.


Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

Well then, forget I said that. Silly me.

"So who is this sage?"


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Grimtaur is silent for a few moments as if deep in thought then excaims "Gods be damned!! It would appear my life is not the only thing I have been robbed of. I can not remember the name of the planar scholar. However, he is rather well known in Riddleport, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find him"


Male Human (Mwangi) Artificer 3

"Well, this sounds like a mission we could manage. Just as long as we can get Two-Bear on side. I could see him telling us to come back here and demand a down payment"


Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

Valen smiles, "Oh, let me handle Captain Two-Bears. It won't be a problem at all."


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Grimtaur thanks you all for your help and you guys make your way back to the town. When you get within eye sight of it, the same little boy whose kind of befriended you all comes running up shouting "Come quick, your leader has gotten hurt!!"


Male Human (Mwangi) Artificer 3

Torque opens a set of valves and his applicator gauntlet hisses as it readies doesages. He wastes no time in hurrying after the boy, questioning him as he goes.

"What are his injuries? How long since he sustained them?"


Male Human (Tian) Barbarian (Urban Barbarian, Spirit Totem) 3

Nine Tail draws his sword and readies his shield, "Was there an attack?" He then picks up his pace.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

"Little bit ago. He was up on the roof and these icky birds attacked him and he fell off and they think he broke his leg." It takes you all but a few minutes to make your way to the scene of the accident. Two-Bears is still on the ground, though his leg has a big slab of cold meat on it.

Helena and Mirri are both there, as is the mayor and the priest, who seems to be doing what he can to ease the pain of Two-Bears.


Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

Valen, going up to Two-Bear's side but making sure there is room for Torque, kneels,"Sir, are you alright?"


Male Human (Mwangi) Artificer 3

Would cure light wounds or moderate wounds be effective on a broken leg?


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

A cure spell would heal the damage, such as it were, but not the broken bone

Two-Bears looks up at Valen, anger, pain and a bit of outrage plain on his grizzled face. "Kid, I rather like you, but ur none too bright are ya? Does it bloody look like I'm alright?! Leg's broke, and the father here thinks I also messed up my back somethin fierce. He has a potion that'll take away the worst of the pain, but I'm afraid I'm gonna be outta commission for some time. The good priest says he'll care for me and the Mayor says he has a spare room I can stay in, but I won't be able to really go anywhere any time soon. Damn blasted ravens!! They came outta nowhere and seemed hellbent on attackin me!! Strangest thing I've ever seen"

Andoran

Male Human (Varisian) Fighter 3

Gremm mumbles, "The roof?"

He runs over to the building and looks for a means of clambering up onto the roof.

Climb check

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Male Human (Tian) Barbarian (Urban Barbarian, Spirit Totem) 3

With a wry grin, "Be careful up there BigBoy! If you fall, I ain't catching you. yip-yip."

Qadira

F Half-elf Inquisitor (Exorcist) 3

I'll cast cure light wounds if it looks like it'll help. 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Acune kneels next to Two-Bears and begins to inspect the broken leg- she moves carefully, but with a firm touch. "Sir, do you believe in ghost stories?"


Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

Valen nods and gets out of the way for the healers to do their work. Walking over to Torque and whispering to him, "Well, if he doesn't he will after he hears our story."


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Two-Bear's face softens a bit at Acune's healing touch. "Considering where we are, I'd believe pretty much anything you told me at this point"

Gremm, your easily able to scale the building, and having some looking about, you come across several black feathers. You bend down to pick them up and you feel a slight taint of evil about them.


Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

oooooo, palpable evil taints are never a good thing

Andoran

Male Human (Varisian) Fighter 3

Gremm returns to the ground and presents the feathers.

"I found these on the roof. I think there's something wrong with them."


Male Human (Mwangi) Artificer 3

As Acune effortlessly summons healing magic, Torque sheepishly shuts off the gauntlet, and the light in it's tubing fades. He mutters to himself.

"I've have had that covered if I'd just had a few more seconds to set up."

Then he looks at the feathers in Gremm's hand

"They look...wait...yeah, I see what you mean. Whoa. The likes of you and me shouldn't be getting a sense like that. Anyone getting any magical readings off these things?"

With that, he too kneels beside Two Bear and removes the slab of meat.

"Looks like the cure spell has done some good, but we're still going to have to set it. This could hurt a bit - want a shot of something sir?"


Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

Valen walks over to Gremm and shivers slightly as the touch of evil hits him. "No offense, but if something like feathers are giving me the evil willies vibe and I'm not a cleric or holy warrior like the good Lord Mayor here, I'm reluctant to see if it's magical. There's wizards who've gone blind that way. But, if it'll help." Sighing and closing his eyes Valen mutters the words of the spell to himself. As they complete he slowly opens one eye to peek at the feathers and then the other.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Valen does not detect anything magical about the feathers.

Two-Bears laughs a short bark of laugh. "HA!! Kid, I've had far worse done to me, and even laughed while some of them were happening. I'm not like that lush that leads the Steel Wolves, Icy Valorious, who needs a drink upon waking and then at least once every hour or so to stay functional. Just set the damn-blasted bone and be done with it."


Male Human Sorcerer 3 (Abyssal Bloodline)

Sighing in relief that he did not go blind, Valen reports his findings. "The feathers are not magical. But they could be symptoms of the....occurrence we were told about. We should hang onto those feathers because we could potentially use them to help scry on the beasts should they be involved."


Male Human (Mwangi) Artificer 3

Using bandages from his healer's kit and a suitable length of wood as a splint(I'll pay a few copper if nessicary) Torque sets Two-Bear's leg:

Heal Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

"We've been having an interesting time out to the east, sir. On the road to the keep some phantom set skeletons on us, and once we arrived we found Grimatar himself had also made his exit. Mind you, that didn't stop him giving us a good idea of what's going on in these parts. Like Acune says, we've stumbled into our very own ghost story"

701 to 750 of 1,082 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron Carnival (VoA's Merc game) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.