Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Heroes of Sandpoint: Ryuko's Rise of the Runelords (Inactive)

Game Master Ryuko


51 to 100 of 115 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

"Looks like we'll have company with our midday. All the better!" Elloe had spent a lot of time just talking to strangers to find out where hunting was good, which road had bandits, or simply where the best deal for a room to stay was. She didn't trust them, but she didn't distrust them either.


male (HP 11/11 | AC 19 | T 11 | FF 18 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +1 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +0) Varisian Fighter 1

"please don't let us spoil your lunch by intruding. I was just looking for pies that can generate such enthusiasm. The festival is large and the day is long. I'm new to the town, and my mother always said I have a bad habit of inviting myself along - so please forgive my well intentioned over familiarity." somehow, you get the impression this is not the first time the large, garrulous young man has made this speech. Yet somehow, endearingly, you can also tell that he's sincerely sorry for any bruised feelings.


"Think nothing of it. I can't speak for my friend here, but I like meeting new people. They have very interesting stories sometimes. Come, let's go to the Rusty Dragon and get some pie!" Looking at everyone, Elloe heads off for the tavern inn, intent on getting something to eat.


male Varisian Human Rogue 1 | AC14 T14 F10 CMD15 | HP 9/9 | F+1 R+6 W+1 | Init+4 | Per+5+

Lightly sighing, the young man turns and follows Elloe for a couple of steps, with his head hung just a little, before rolling his shoulders back, lifting his head, and skipping up to lead her instead. "The Rusty Dragon it is, then! We need to go over this hill and around the corner to the right . . .."

Is it just me, or am I seeing a sitcom developing?


Ryuko:
Duilure is very interested in trying to sleep in the ruins. He is very dedicated to his research. I am posting farther along after I get my answer from the guard.

Duee is very interested in the ruins now but nothing can be done at the moment. With the focus he has at dig sites, Duee is on the search for the rare discovery. Without someone to make him stop as his mother did then he will go till he collapses. He seems almost greedy about learning more. He makes his was to the dragon races.

Excuse me. How does this work? What brought about the dragon races? Were there ever dragons here? Is it just a fascination with dragons that most have? The Old Light was an interesting story and game. Do all the games have stories like that?

Duee asks all this without a breath and stops. Then suddenly remembering to breath, Duee sucks in a few deep gulps of air blushes.

Sorry, I just really am searching for old and interesting stories as I play the games today.


Male Dwarf Ranger 3 | AC 21 T 13 FF 18 | HP 29/31 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +3| Perc +7

It has that look.

Thorfinn casts a jaundiced eye in 'dada's direction. "Figure I can find where I stayed last night...and did you clean off that anvil like I told you to?"


male (HP 11/11 | AC 19 | T 11 | FF 18 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +1 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +0) Varisian Fighter 1

"Thorfinn - I thought we'd agreed earlier you can bunk in the room I've got. Keep you from having to lop off any light fingers, " eying the pair of handaxes on the dwarf's belt.


HP: 14/14 (Strain: 0) (Injury: 0) | AC 13/13/11: F+1, R +3, W +1 | Per:+7, Init: +2 | E. Spit 6/6
Spells per Day:
1st: 5/5

Nobody seems to the gnome quickly moving from shock, to anger, to outright embarrassment as the conversation continues. Her complexion doesn't quite keep up and she slowly turns a bright red that makes her hair seem that much darker.

Chadron B. Land wrote:
"Thorfinn - I thought we'd agreed earlier you can bunk in the room I've got..."

"Hold it! First you mention something about shepherds' blueberries and now you want to sleep with a dwarf! What's wrong with you people?!"


Male Dwarf Ranger 3 | AC 21 T 13 FF 18 | HP 29/31 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +3| Perc +7

"Hmph. Far as I know, I stayed at the Rusty Dragon last night. Fancy Dan there, he's thinking to show me the way back?"


male Varisian Human Rogue 1 | AC14 T14 F10 CMD15 | HP 9/9 | F+1 R+6 W+1 | Init+4 | Per+5+

The young man's smile grows a little as the people who just stepped into his attempt to get to know the pretty half-elf all seem to be less interested in staying in his way. Seeing an opportunity, he turns to the dwarf "No, I'm not trying to show you anything at all. This young lady and myself were going to share lunch, and I am helping her, as a visitor to my home, find a more direct route to the place of her choosing. I didn't think it was normal for dwarves to be insulted by help being provided to someone else?"


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

The merry and unlikely band of new acquaintances finds themselves congregating outside of the Rusty Dragon for lunch. Ameiko Kaijutsu, the owner of the Dragon, has set out a huge table of curried salmon which is so delicious she has to forcibly limit people to one piece. There are also several other tables of delicious dishes and finally finishes off with a delicious gelato made by Pennae Kesk, the wife of the jeweler. All first servings are free, as is traditional. Finally, at precisely one o'clock, Father Zantus rolls out a massive box, covered over with a large sheet. He tosses down a thunderstone, making a huge crack and gaining him much attention. "When Desna, the lady of travels, first came thundering to the earth, she was met by a blind child named Swallowtail. He nursed her broken earthly form back to health, and in thanks, the lady Desna turned the child into a butterfly, that he may go about and see the world without fear or physical worry. We call these butterflies.... Swallowtails." On the last word he pulls the sheet off the box with a flourish showing it to be a wire cage filled with hundreds of swallowtail butterflies. "And now we release these Swallowtails, on the day of our new Cathedral in order to have Desna bless us all on the festival bearing their names." His assistants open the cage and hundreds of the butterflies rush out over the masses who clap and laugh in joy. Within minutes the whole area is covered in butterflies who stop on many of the inanimate objects around as the people begin to disperse to go back to the festival games.

A little more revelry before things get serious.


HP: 14/14 (Strain: 0) (Injury: 0) | AC 13/13/11: F+1, R +3, W +1 | Per:+7, Init: +2 | E. Spit 6/6
Spells per Day:
1st: 5/5

Talliree goes around sampling many of the dishes, but makes sure she gets as big of a piece of fish as she can after hearing how good it was. Tangy, with a hint of sweet, boy that's good. The crack of the thunderstone causes her to jump in surprise, almost splashing her drink over the others in the process. She listens to story she's heard a thousand times before, and wonders, like then, what it'd be like to be a butterfly.

The release of hundreds of them pushes all of that out of her mind. The swirling patterns that disappear as soon as she noticed them, the intricate dance and flow, all of it captured her in a trance as she began to sway slowly from side to side humming a soft, slow, little tune to herself. When they begin to land, she snaps out of it and starts trying to get one to land on her hand by stand as still as a stature. A board grin stretches across her face, a plain sign of her obvious enjoyment.

Before things get serious, I have the AP and I know what is coming up. (I will try my best to keep from meta-gaming, so if I do, let me know) One of the quirks about this character, and the reason she has a bastard sword right off the bat, is she will engage in melee with a certain type of foe, and I hope you can see where this is going with an unarmored sorcerer. If you feel this is too close to stupid (as in fun-destroying-ly stupid, not yeah-that-fits-the-character stupid), I'll change her tactics. I know this is an odd request, but the game is about having fun. I'd rather tone down a certain aspect of a character than ruin the fun for everyone else, so let me know if this is going to cause problems going forward.


male (HP 11/11 | AC 19 | T 11 | FF 18 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +1 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +0) Varisian Fighter 1

Revelry. Chadron revels. He romps. He scampers and skips and flies with the butterflies. But all in his head. Chadron has a meat pastie in his hand, half way to his mouth. As the butterflies descend, he freezes. He stands rapt, with an expression of wonder on his face. And he stands frozen, unwilling to break the moment, or endanger the butterflies with his bulk and strength. Introspective revelry.


Male Dwarf Ranger 3 | AC 21 T 13 FF 18 | HP 29/31 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +3| Perc +7

Thorfinn makes his way slowly around the square, sampling various foods, before the speech. He listens quietly and with an attitude approaching reverence as the priest speaks, but after the first look at the cloud of swallowtail butterflies he shrugs and goes back to eating and drinking. As one lands on his hand, though, he pauses to look at it closely. Amazing...it's like a flying jewel. I would love to see what a competent dwarf crafter could do with this design. Smoky quartz, topaz, and perhaps lapis? He twitches his hand and the insect flits off. "Hmph." But the twinkle in his eye as he turns his attention to the mug in his hand belies the gruffness in his voice.

Unlike our gnome, I don't have the AP, but I was in an abortive RotRL campaign on the boards that stalled out just after we got through the initial level underground. So I know what one DM did with it, but I have no idea of the RAW adventure or (obviously) what you'll do with it.


male Varisian Human Rogue 1 | AC14 T14 F10 CMD15 | HP 9/9 | F+1 R+6 W+1 | Init+4 | Per+5+

Well, I am completely and utterly clueless, except for all the spoilers imbedded in other threads not identiifed as having such. In other words, I have suspicions, but don't REALLY know. As for a character exhibiting less than wise, nearly suicidal behavior . . .. Most of the truly heroic characters I've seen do EXACTLY that over and over again. As long as you are good with the consequences, the behavior won't bother me.

'Dada points out specific dishes to 'Loe, ones that he remembers as being better than expected. He makes an obvious attempt to sneak an extra piece of the curried salmon, but yields it up easily enough. He pulls an extra serving of the bacon sauteed brussel sprouts, though, and places them in front of 'Loe. "These aren't as rare a dish as the curried salmon, but I think they are REALLY good. Enjoy!"

When the thunderstone booms and Father Xantus starts his speech, the young Varisian tries to politely pay attention, but he grabs another bite of gelato during the short speech. When the swallowtails are released, he looks for a reaction from Elloe . . ..


HP: 14/14 (Strain: 0) (Injury: 0) | AC 13/13/11: F+1, R +3, W +1 | Per:+7, Init: +2 | E. Spit 6/6
Spells per Day:
1st: 5/5

Talliree notices the sparkle in Thorfinn's eyes as he looks at the butterfly that lighted on his hand, but she doesn't say anything, she's too busy trying be still.

Oh trust me, I'm already cooking up another character in my head in case Talli bites it before we get access to raise dead. Hopefully the dice will agree that having an unarmored spell caster cutting a swath of destruction through the enemy at first level is too funny/epic not to have happen, but knowing my luck the first time I try it, Talli's going to get skewered six ways 'til Sunday.


Elloe pauses, completely forgetting the delicious food in front of her as her eyes watch the butterflies. She hadn't seen anything like them before, and wants to remember them in detail. One lands nearby and she gazes at it intently, smiling softly, as she follows the patterns on it's wings. She could see why an entire festival could be named after them.

"I think... I think this will be one of my fondest memories." She says. Her face goes pink when she realizes Gudada has heard her, but she doesn't take it back. "They're quite beautiful."


I have not played any APs and even if I played then most I would do is ready. I have played First Steps for PFS twice and totally different games and stories and a friend who has like 6 times said it is different with every GM. Easy to play dumb for the most part if one enjoys playing I would hope and not out to win

Duilure is looking up after hearing the blast and sees the butterflies. He wonders if there is some stage magician doing a children's show. Wonder if those are real or illusion? I bet if they are real then that must be an impressive butterfly house the person has.


male Varisian Human Rogue 1 | AC14 T14 F10 CMD15 | HP 9/9 | F+1 R+6 W+1 | Init+4 | Per+5+

"They ARE beautiful. As with most beauty, though, they will only be with us a short while." The young man sighs. "I've never seen this many swallowtails at one time. Watch just one. See how graceful it is? Absolutely amazing."


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

All right, in the interest of getting things started I'll go ahead and get to the night and the action.

Several hours of games and other fun later, the fair begins to pack up as Father Zantus once more uses a thunderstone in the square to get everyone's attention. The elderly man steps up to the small podium which seems to have been wheeled out for him when he is interrupted by a scream from the west!

Upon turning to look any in the crowd see a small dog and a young girl who screamed. The dog is looking into the darkness beyond the circle of light in which they huddle, his front paw has been slashed by some kind of knife. Quickly, there is a flash of green motion and two small creatures slam into the dog, making it growl and then be cut off with a yelp of pain. The two goblins stand over the dead dog with their dogslicers bloodied, licking their ugly lips in appreciation. Near the girl, another goblin appears from the darkness, his naked blade gleaming in the torchlight.

You get a surprise round, then initiative kicks in.

Initiative Block:
Goblins:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Gudada:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Duilure:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Elloe:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Talliree:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Thorfinn:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Chadron:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

A quick note on initiative: I don't care what order people go in within their own initiative blocks. For instance, for this surprise round, I don't care what order you are in as long as everyone goes before the goblins, then the goblins go, then everyone goes again. Keeps things flowing.


Elloe's eyes go wide, but with anger, not surprise. This was a time of merriment and joy, and these ugly green abominations were choosing to ruin it!? She may not have her bardiche with her, but she didn't need it...

Running at the goblins, Elloe lets her body change. Her nails shift into wicked looking claws, and her skin toughens while her senses get a small boost.

"Leave the girl alone!" She screams at the goblins.

Standard Action: Activate evolutions.
Move Action: Move toward the girl.

I just hope I can get to her in time.


Male Dwarf Ranger 3 | AC 21 T 13 FF 18 | HP 29/31 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +3| Perc +7

Remember that during a surprise round you get a standard action or a move action.

Thorfinn growls in the back of his throat, takes a short step towards the nearest goblin and equips his shield. "Hoy, ублюдки! How about someone who can fight back?"


HP: 14/14 (Strain: 0) (Injury: 0) | AC 13/13/11: F+1, R +3, W +1 | Per:+7, Init: +2 | E. Spit 6/6
Spells per Day:
1st: 5/5

Talliree had enjoyed herself the past few hours. The games and the food made her think about coming back next year. She didn't jump as badly this time when the thunderstone went off.

Then the scream went through the air. Talli looked around and saw the dog, then the girl, then the goblins. In one instant, the gnome goes from curiosity to flow blown rage.

"RAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!"

Bullrush the gobbo going for the girl:
CMB: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 wow, she is fearsome...

She bounces off the goblin, but is unperturbed.

"Get behind me kid. Goblins are mean little buggers, but you just gotta show them who's boss."

A feral grin spreads across her face, showing small fangs, and anyone looking now could have sworn her eyes weren't that serpentine just a moment ago.

Draconic bloodline, figured this would fit with it. Nothing mechanical, just thought it'd make for some good flavor.


Duilure launches a web bolt at the nearest goblin if close enough or moves to where he is close enough.

Web bolt is 30 ft. Reflex save 16 or stuck like in a web spell. Saves or breaks free and web dissolves. Figure this was a good spell (thank you Ryuko) that would work for town festival.


male Varisian Human Rogue 1 | AC14 T14 F10 CMD15 | HP 9/9 | F+1 R+6 W+1 | Init+4 | Per+5+

Gudada's face screws slightly, the expression showing annoyance and disappointment he doesn't verbally express as he tries to get to the goblins. "RUN, CHILD!" "This is gonna hurt, ain't it?" he thinks to himself.

Move action by choice. The goal is to occupy one of the goblins by getting in his face.

I figure trying to provide an alternate target so the girl can flee beats actually getting a weapon ready. If Elloe wsn't in the area, 'Dada wouldn't have done this. Still trying to make an impression . . ..


Thorfinn Feigrsson wrote:
Remember that during a surprise round you get a standard action or a move action.

Just the move action then.


male (HP 11/11 | AC 19 | T 11 | FF 18 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +1 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +0) Varisian Fighter 1

Seeing a great rush to the child, Chadron moves to stand between the dog and the pair of goblins.
armored, but no shield, and no weapon drawn. <wince>

"Why couldn't they pop up at some decent distance, to give a body a chance to get properly prepared? <sigh>. This is gonna hurt, ain't it?" he thinks to himself. Apparently this is the fatalistic response of all good Varisian sons...


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Save:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

The goblin, faced with a line of men and women to block his path, seems to hesitate, then begins to throw himself into the fight, only to be stopped by a bolt of a sticky weblike substance holding him to the ground. His two friends seem too busy stabbing at the unmoving corpse of the dog to join for the moment. The girl behind you quickly scurries toward the crowd, eager to get out of danger.


HP: 14/14 (Strain: 0) (Injury: 0) | AC 13/13/11: F+1, R +3, W +1 | Per:+7, Init: +2 | E. Spit 6/6
Spells per Day:
1st: 5/5

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I've been waiting for this part >:)

Seeing the goblin caught in the web seems to bring something out in the little gnome. Hatred? Madness? It didn't really matter to her. All she knows is that there's a hated foe caught in a web in front of her.

"So, have you said your prayers goblin?"

The whisper of leather on steel is the only sound warning the pitiful thing that it's doom was nigh. A glittering steel sword almost as long as the gnome was tall is pulled free of it's sheath and the grin on Talliree's face spreads even wider.

Attack(2 hands): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6 ...Really?
Damage(2 hands): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 ARGH!

The gnome puts all her weight behind the blow, sure that she can't miss a grappled target. Her grin collapse into shock as the blow that she was sure, so very sure, to behead the goblin misses.

I missed. I. missed. HOW THE HELL DID I MISS?!

Oh boy, this might sting a little.


Duee is looking at the wild spitfire with the big sword going after the goblin and thinking she might be a little too wild at the moment. She probably would be dangerous if she wasn't so worked up.


male (HP 11/11 | AC 19 | T 11 | FF 18 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +1 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +0) Varisian Fighter 1

Reaching the torn corpse of the dog and the self-satisfied-looking goblins, Chadron draws his sword, and attacks the nearer of them.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Chadron turns his attention to the second goblin, looming menacingly over it, he says, "You might want to drop the weapon."
If applicable, Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


"You've ruined this festival for everyone. You have one chance to leave before I RIP OUT YOUR THROAT!" Elloe growls as her transformation takes place and she flexes her claws menacingly at the goblins.[/i]

Standard Action: Transform!


male Varisian Human Rogue 1 | AC14 T14 F10 CMD15 | HP 9/9 | F+1 R+6 W+1 | Init+4 | Per+5+

'Dada glances around at the situation, sees an opportunity, and takes it!

He pulls his sap (only melee weapon Gudada owns right now!) and tries to stop the struggles of the webbed goblin.

1d20 ⇒ 18

1d6 ⇒ 5 non-lethal damage from the sap, expanded to (1d6 ⇒ 4) 9 assuming I remember right and the grappled goblin is denied his dexterity . . ..


Male Dwarf Ranger 3 | AC 21 T 13 FF 18 | HP 29/31 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +3| Perc +7

Round 1:

Status:

HP: 12/12 AC: 17 Conditions: Charging

Thorfinn charges the remaining goblin on the dog, drawing his axe as he moves. The wily creature ducks under his swing, though, and his blade cuts only air.

To hit: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 10


Duee moves towards the last free goblin and launches another ball of webs.

Reflex 16 save


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Save:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Chadron cuts one of the goblins down as 'Dada knocks the tangled one out. The last goblin seems unphased by his partner's deaths and avoids Duilure's web easily as he attacks Thorfinn, but finds the dwarf's defence more than up to par.

Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


HP: 14/14 (Strain: 0) (Injury: 0) | AC 13/13/11: F+1, R +3, W +1 | Per:+7, Init: +2 | E. Spit 6/6
Spells per Day:
1st: 5/5

Talliree looks as if she's going to kill the helpless goblin anyway after Gudada knocks it out, but the screech and yell from the side makes her decision for her. She turns and makes a beeline for the goblin attacking Thorfinn.

"DIE!"

attack(2 hands): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 poor Talli, can't see to hit jack.
damage(2 hands): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


male Varisian Human Rogue 1 | AC14 T14 F10 CMD15 | HP 9/9 | F+1 R+6 W+1 | Init+4 | Per+5+

The young thief (Yes, he's a THIEF, you haven't figured that out, yet?) moves to the last standing goblin, trying to get around into a flanking position but getting to the point where he can swing at the bugger, regardless, and let's fly!

1d20 ⇒ 18 (With a potential +2 for 20 if he got flank! Wait, that was 2 18s ina row . . .. Anybody got a rapier?)

for 1d6 ⇒ 5 and a potential 1d6 ⇒ 3 sneak for up to 8 points of damage.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

As Gudada's strike knocks the goblin out the group relaxes a moment. But this is no lone incursion, there are shouts and yelps from all the town over, and the sound of goblin laughter titters in the streets. Above all of this is a distinct, disturbing song:

Goblins chew and goblins bite,
Goblins cut and goblins fight,
Stab the dog and cut the horse,
Goblins eat and take by force!
Goblins race and goblins jump,
Goblins slash and goblins bump,
burns the skin and mash the head,
Goblins here and you be dead!
Chase the baby, catch the pup,
Bonk it's head to shut it up!
Bones be cracked and flesh for stew,
WE BE GOBLINS YOU BE FOOD!!

A group of four goblins, three holding burning torches, rush by the group, having spotted the wagon holding fuel for the evening's planned bonfire. If it goes alight, it could be quite disastrous.


Duilure wishes he had known this was going to happen. He moves towards the goblins trying to slam one with his staff.

Stick to head: 1d20 ⇒ 91d6 ⇒ 1


Male Dwarf Ranger 3 | AC 21 T 13 FF 18 | HP 29/31 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +3| Perc +7

Round 2:

Status:

HP: 12/12 AC: 18 Conditions: None

The dwarf nods gratefully to 'dada. "Nice job." As the song is heard and the reinforcements enter, he shakes his head, grimacing. "Didn't think much of the festival, but it wasn't that bad." He closes with one of the torch carriers, the arc of his axe swing terminating in its side with the snap of breaking ribs. "Ha! More for you where that came from, личинка*!"

To hit: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21

Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

*Dwarven:
maggot


male (HP 11/11 | AC 19 | T 11 | FF 18 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +1 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +0) Varisian Fighter 1

Sword in hand (but still no shield), Chadron charges the group of 4 goblins, and attacks the nearer of them.

Status: Round 2
HP: 11/11 AC: 14 (19-3(shield)-2(charge)) Conditions: Charging

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


HP: 14/14 (Strain: 0) (Injury: 0) | AC 13/13/11: F+1, R +3, W +1 | Per:+7, Init: +2 | E. Spit 6/6
Spells per Day:
1st: 5/5

Talliree snarls as she spies another group of goblins. This time with torches. She moves her sword to her off hand and begins weaving a spell, the words soft like snow and sharp like ice. The temperature dips noticeably and a blast of frigid air and shards of ice envelops the goblins

Spellcraft DC 16:
The spell is very similar to the Burning Hands spell, so similar that its worrisome that it is producing ice instead of flames.

Actions
MA: Move to were I can catch as many goblins as I can in the blast without freezing anybody else. She hates goblins, but I can't see her catching someone in a blast to get at them; she's too nice for that. Priority to those with torches.
SA: Burning hands modified by both Elemental and Draconic bloodlines. It deals 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 points of Cold damage. REF DC 13 for 1 point of Cold damage.


male Varisian Human Rogue 1 | AC14 T14 F10 CMD15 | HP 9/9 | F+1 R+6 W+1 | Init+4 | Per+5+

Shaking his head as the new group of goblins appear, 'Dada attempts to go PAST them and become an obstacle on their way to the wagon.

I figure a double move to get past them and in the way both. No direct combat action or dice roll, I don't think. . ..

I just can't justify carrying the bow around town during the festival. It would have been useful right about now!


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Save Block:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Seeing the goblins and their targets, Elloe jumps ahead of them, hurrying to block their path, pleasantly surprised to find Gudada had the same idea. Talliree's blast goes off, leaving all the goblins looking very confusedly at their now quite dead torches. Several of them are quite hurt by the blast, though one shakes it off and turns, only to find that a dwarven made axe in his side as he falls quickly. Chadron's charge fells another goblin and one of the remaining group looks to the leader, who doesn't stop her song and motions with her whip to strike back. The goblin grits his teeth and strikes out at the gnome.

Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Confirm:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Whew!
Damage:1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Heal:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Though relatively unhurt, the other goblin seems to have begun some form of magic, and manages to stitch together all of her own wounds to keep herself alive.

You're up!


Male Dwarf Ranger 3 | AC 21 T 13 FF 18 | HP 29/31 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +3| Perc +7

Round 3:

Status:

HP: 12/12 AC: 18 Conditions: None

Thorfinn wrenches his axe free from the goblin's corpse as it falls and spins to attack the wretched creature facing Talli. His second swing goes wide, though.

To hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Duilure moves up to help out and swings his staff. He is not anything fancy with the staff but swings with a purpose.

Stick to head: 1d20 ⇒ 71d6 ⇒ 3


male (HP 11/11 | AC 19 | T 11 | FF 18 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +1 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +0) Varisian Fighter 1

Chadron turns on the spellcaster, hoping to interrupt before the goblin unleashes any serious mischief.

Status: Round 3
HP: 11/11 AC: 16 (19-3(shield)) Conditions:

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


HP: 14/14 (Strain: 0) (Injury: 0) | AC 13/13/11: F+1, R +3, W +1 | Per:+7, Init: +2 | E. Spit 6/6
Spells per Day:
1st: 5/5

"GAH!"

Talliree cries out as the wicked little sword bites into her shoulder, turning the white fabric of her sleeve crimson as blood begins to flow down her arm. She grabs her sword with both hands and knocks the blade aside before rushing in to drive her blade through the wretch. She leans in close so it can see her snarling face as it goes on to the Lady of Graves before being cast to the abyss.

"უკეთესი იქნება გამოყენებით რაღაც უკეთესია, ვიდრე წიდა ხმალი მოკვლა ყინულის გველი!"

Gnome:
"Better be using something better than a cruddy blade to kill a dragon!"

Actions:Put both hands on sword, and skewer the gobbo that stuck me.
Attack(2 hands): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage(2 hands): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
AC at 10/10/9 until next turn.


'Dada moves around the whip-wielding, singing goblin to flank it with Chad before attempting to sap it, too.

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 5 I don't think a bonus from flanking will really matter . . ..

The goblin doesn't even really need to duck, as 'Dada's swing goes high over the goblins head. Obviously, he lost his balance trying to dance around the apparent bard.

51 to 100 of 115 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Heroes of Sandpoint: Ryuko's Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.