Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Heroes of Sandpoint: Ryuko's Rise of the Runelords (Inactive)

Game Master Ryuko


1 to 50 of 115 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

On the First day of Rova, the First day of Autumn, Sandpoint held the Swallowtail Festival. The town was packed to the bursting point by pilgrims, travellers, swindlers and those simply looking for a good time. Most of the town rose early, knowing that there would be speeches to watch, though as always some couldn't care less about the speeches and only awakened as the merchant's stalls and games opened their doors.

The welcoming speeches are kept fairly short. Mayor Deverin’s friendly attitude and excitement prove contagious as she welcomes visitors to town and jokes about how even Larz Rovanky, the local tanner (and notorious workaholic) managed to tear himself away from the tannery to attend, much to everyone’s but Larz’s amusement. Sheriff Hemlock brings the crowd down a bit with his dour mood, his reminder to be safe around the evening’s bonfire, and his request for a moment of silence to remember those who lost their lives in the fire that claimed the town’s previous church five years ago. Fortunately, Cyrdak Drokkus is more than up to the challenge of bringing the crowd’s mood back up with his rousing anecdotes as he delivers a not-completely-irreverent recap of the long process the town went through to finance and construct the new cathedral. He throws in a bit of self-promotion at the end, as is his wont, inviting everyone to stop by the Sandpoint Theater the following evening to check out his new production of “The Harpy’s Curse,” revealing that the lead role of Avisera the harpy queen will be played by none other than the famous Magnimarian diva Allishanda! Finally, Father Zantus steps up give a short speech thanking everyone for coming and reminds everyone to try the festival games listed in the town square before declaring the Swallowtail Festival underway.

The Sign listing the games in the Square is quite large and noticeable. It reads:

The Devil Hunt!
Do you have what it takes to bring down the Infamous Sandpoint Devil? Take a shot down at the beach and see!

The Goblin Toss!
The goblins have made it into the market and are tearing the place up! See if you can toss them into the fires and get rid of the pests once and for all!

The Lighthouse Smash!
Who needs a lighthouse without a light? Let's knock it down so we can have something new with that old stone! Catapults are on the Cliff overlooking the light.

Dragon Races!
There's been talk of raising dragons about, let's see which is the fastest and the best! Pick a dragon and race it against your friends and neighbors at the Market.

Catch The Goblin!
Another damned goblin's got into the kitchens at the Rusty Dragon! Help Ameiko get the little blighter after he's rubbed in her butter!

Ogre Stomp!
Are you as strong as an Ogre? Find out at the Ogre Stomp at the Red Dog Smithy!

In the interest of time, each of you can only get in two games before lunch and two after, just so we don't spend a month on this :)


Duilure spends a few moments reading the sign. He frowns at the list. These are not the stories he was looking for. The one that seems most likely to have people chatting would the Lighthouse game as he figures it takes time to reload them.

Excuse me please. Where would the Lighthouse game be located? He asks while still staring at the sign with a frown and hand under chin with finger on his lips.


Male Dwarf Ranger 3 | AC 21 T 13 FF 18 | HP 29/31 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +3| Perc +7

Dotting.

Thorfinn arises fairly early and clears the piece of floor in the Rusty Dragon's common room he'd managed to get the previous night (mostly by dint of drinking the other contender under the table; the dwarf felt a momentary pang of guilt at what had happened to the loud fighter, but consoled himself with the knowledge that he'd carefully arranged the fellow on the porch so that if any of the ale he'd put away tried to come back up the man wouldn't choke). The bright light of morning coming through one of the windows is like a dagger through his eyeballs, and ignites a pounding headache. A bit of food and more ale takes care of that, though, and he makes his way out into the crowd after seeing if any of his chance-met companions are up and about yet.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

"Up on the cliffs. Can't you see the sign?" The man says with a wink. "Had one too many already huh?"


male (HP 11/11 | AC 19 | T 11 | FF 18 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +1 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +0) Varisian Fighter 1

Having had a lovely evening of wine, song, and tales, 'not neglecting the women, though they were in short supply last night,' Chadron woke early, geared up (weapons, armor, and shield, leaving the pack in his room), and headed towards the Festival. Making his way across the Dragon's common room, he saw Thorfinn preparing for the day. Remembering the epic drinking-under-the-table of the night before, Chadron couldn't help but be envious of Thorfinn's constitution.

"Ah - Thorfinn! Good morning! I'm off to see if the local guard will take on some extra help to manage the crowds and activities. Care to walk with me?"

Chadron strolls toward the Festival. As he's about to enter, he surveys the sign, and the guard at the edge of the square. 'Ah - games and competition - but work before play. Kurgess will be well honored today - and best served by well organized and safe competitions.'

"My good fellow - is there a guard captain or a sheriff hereabouts? I'm sure you all have more work than is comfortable on such a busy day, and I'd like to make my services available," Chadron says to the harried-looking guard.


male Varisian Human Rogue 1 | AC14 T14 F10 CMD15 | HP 9/9 | F+1 R+6 W+1 | Init+4 | Per+5+

'Dada sits up from the floor and looks around his parent's home, still expecting to have someone else be there, but still finding it empty. Several candles appear to have been burning all night, and the room where he slept is well lit by these candles. Getting up off the pallet, he starts the day with the required ritual. He pours himself a mug of wine and then pours liberally from the mug onto the floor. The stain-in-progress is more blurry than it has any right to be as he finishes the wine himself. He puts the mug back on the counter and pulls a length of knotted rope. Once he adds a knot, he stands there, looking at the rope for a moment before throwing it across the room in obvious anger.

Gudada performs the far more normal morning rituals, getting some water, cleaning his face and grabbing the remainder of yesterday's bread. He replaces all the candles, lights half of the new ones, and starts to leave. He stops and looks back at the knotted rope, before walking over, picking it up, and gently stowing it back under his vest. He takes a moment to compose himself, plastering the expected smile across his face, before stepping out into the noise and crowds of the festival.

I wonder if 'Loe still has hopes for the day? The money will be easier to get later, but on the off chance she'll want some of my time, I should handle work before we run into each other . . ..

And with that thought, 'Dada starts looking for likely marks in the early crowd.


With a sigh, Elloe stretches and quickly cleans and dresses herself. Today was the day of the Swallowtail Festival after all, and she didn't want to miss more than she already had! She manages to hear the opening speeches, and feels the excitement in the air start to infect her, boosting her already good mood.

Nothing made her eyes light up like the sign telling of the Devil Hunt though! Sure, it was just a festival game, but any practice might be helpful if she encountered the real thing. She decided to give it a try and let Gudada earn some gold entertaining the festival goers. It was the least she could do after cutting his show short yesterday.

After getting directions, Elloe hurriedly heads for the beach and the Hunt. Today was going to be a good day.


HP: 14/14 (Strain: 0) (Injury: 0) | AC 13/13/11: F+1, R +3, W +1 | Per:+7, Init: +2 | E. Spit 6/6
Spells per Day:
1st: 5/5

Talliree slept on a bench not far from Thorfinn. The night before had seen her take a little wager with the wizard she'd played a trick on. She won, but she was on the verge of puking up the copious amounts of ale she had drank. The local crowd finally left and the gnome found the most comfortable bench to lay down on. It wasn't cold yet, but the night was definitely cool. and when Thorfinn woke up that morning, all he could see of the gnome under the thick blanket was her long blue-black hair spilling out onto the floor.

It is well into the morning when an older halfling woman prods Talliree awake.

"Goin' ta sleep the day away, hmmm?"

The gnome slowly sits up and tries to keep the contents of her stomach where they belong as the room starts to spin and blur with the pounding pain of a hangover.

"Bleh, last time I drink for money. My head feels like someone used it as an anvil."

"Well, ye'd better be gettin' up and out to the festival. Fresh air will do ye a would o' good."

Having no safe place to keep her things, Talliree quickly packs up the bedroll and blanket back into a sturdy backpack and slips it on over the scabbard of the long sword she had carried with her. She gives the halfling woman a quiet apology before heading outside to the festival.

"Waaah! That is bright!"

The gnome covers her eyes as the sun blinds her for a moment and makes the headache all the worse.

I need to find something to get rid of this headache fast! I'm not going to be enjoying much suffering from a hangover.

With that, the gnome starts looking for some tea and honey.


Hmmm? Cliffs. Which direction is that? Duee starts to look around and spots the cliffs. Thank you good sir and one too many of what?

My mother seems to have left out a few details about dealing with these people. I think she should have let me go into towns a little more often with her. Or did I refuse to keep studying? I can't remember but they say strange things Duee starts off towards the cliffs. He stops and gets a drink at one of the vendors on his way up.


Male Dwarf Ranger 3 | AC 21 T 13 FF 18 | HP 29/31 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +3| Perc +7

"Sounds good, Chadron. Talli's still recovering from last night, so I'll let her rest." Thorfinn follows the fighter out into the light and looks the sign over with him. "I'm for the goblin toss, then maybe the lighthouse smash. That funny man with the otter on his head was going that way, I think. I might see him there."


male (HP 11/11 | AC 19 | T 11 | FF 18 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +1 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +0) Varisian Fighter 1

"That sounds like an excellent day. I will say a prayer for you to Kurgess and wish you his luck. I don't know what the local guard captain may have in store for me, but I'll look for you. And if nothing else, you must bunk with me tonight. I knew the lout you were drinking with was sleeping under the table, but I had no thought you didn't have a room. I'll see you at the Dragon this evening."

Turning the spotlight of his attention back to the guard, "Now where was that commanding officer I was to report to again, friend? Oh - and I'm Chadron - thanks for your help!" He said, clapping the gentleman on the shoulder.

Chadron beams around at both Thorfinn (who appears to be growing accustomed to Chadron's irrepresable manner), and the guard (who in addition to his earlier awake-too-early-and-harried expression, now appears a bit overwhelmed - somewhat to Thorfinn's amusement).

Diplomacy:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
[ooc]OOC: well, that doesn't appear to have gone well

Seeing the glare back from the guard, Chadron takes a half step back, turns his hearty clap-on-the-shoulder into a brush-the-lint-from-your-shoulder-and-straighten-your-cloak motion. "Or perhaps I'll just walk with you a few steps farther on Thorfinn," edging around the guard, he strolls on with Thorfinn, "so.. don't suppose you see a guard captain around anywhere, eh?"


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

The guard gives Chadron a chilly stare. "Look, we do got more work than we can handle, but the Sheriff sure as hell ain't gonna trust a random foreigner with guard duty at an event like this. Maybe you can help some other time." He softens just slightly the last comment, and dismisses you. "Enjoy the fair."

As Elloe approaches the Devil Hunt she sees that a target has been set up on the beach, with several men firing on it with bows. The target is a dark silhouette of a winged horse, with a target where its heart would be. As she watches, one of the men misses both arrows and has to go and get them from past the target to the good natured boos of the crowd. The man comes back to an older, balding Varisian man with a huge moustache, who pats him on the back and then shouts "Next up? Who's next to try to hunt the Sandpoint Devil? I damn near had the thing up north all those years ago, who'd like to try and beat me?" He holds up the longbow and looks around. "Bullseye wins you a delicious pie. Only one copper for two shots."

On the cliffs, the group sees a few stacks of stones, with men and boys firing miniature catapults at them. The catapults look quite functional, and very pretty, carved to look like a stone giant slinging a rock. The people seem to be having difficulty, but all are having a fun time. "Three shots for 2 Coppers." A dwarven man says, his large ears making his overlarge grin comedic. "Knock 'em all down and win you your own miniature catapult. Fun for all ages."


male (HP 11/11 | AC 19 | T 11 | FF 18 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +1 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +0) Varisian Fighter 1

Chadron spends the next half hour working through the crowd, shaking hands, grinning grins, until he locates the Sheriff Hemlock.
taking 20 on a Diplomacy(Gather Information), untrained: 21
Locating the Sheriff, Chadron waits for an opportune moment, then presses himself forward, "Excuse me, Sheriff Hemlock sir. My name is Chadron Land. I realize you've got a very busy day, so I'll be blunt. I'm looking for employment helping with today's crowds. I trained with the Bloodsworn Vale militia, and I've spent the better part of the last three months as bouncer with a traveling entertainment troupe. Your man there," indicating the guard from earlier, "reckons how I'm a stranger, and a foreigner to boot. He also says your guards have more work today than they can keep in hand." Chadron pauses for breath.

Chadron looks directly and frankly at the Sheriff, "I don't mean to tell you your job, but if you pair me with one of your old hands working crowds at the Cathedral, or entry at the city gates, you can free up one of your experienced men for work that needs a local eye. And at the same time, you can have your man keep an eye on 'that new foreign kid'," Chadron again pauses to draw breath. "My apologies for being direct. Partly it's my way, and partly I don't want to waste your time on such a busy day."

Diplomacy:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
OOC: yep, he's going to get shot down. I apologize for consuming bandwidth with it. But Chadron is irrepressible and an optimist. He's not going to let a little thing like impracticality and good advice stand in the way of a project he's set himself on. Chadron's also not a fool, and he won't argue with Sheriff after the Sheriff Hemlock makes a decision.


Thank you good sir, I have not done anything like this before. Do you mind if I just sit and watch how it is done for a bit?

If he agrees:
Duee finds a nice spot near the dwarf but not in his way.
Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
What is the story of the lighthouse this represents, good sir

If he doesn't agree:
Duee frowns and seems disappointed.
Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
I was just trying to learn about the lightless lighthouse. Seems like a good story there.


male Varisian Human Rogue 1 | AC14 T14 F10 CMD15 | HP 9/9 | F+1 R+6 W+1 | Init+4 | Per+5+

Since it is still early in the day, no one spot should provide significantly easier targets than another. The events themselves should provide the best distractions.

'Dada scans the board and grins. The greased pig capture sounds like fun. I'll have to see if I can't talk 'Loe into trying that with me.

The catapult game should provide a fair amount of jarring and sudden movement. That should make things a bit easier. Guess I'll start there. And with that, the young Varisian heads up the cliffs, looking for opportunities to earn dinner three nights out.


Apology:
Sorry about my response there. I did change to Duilure and it even showed up to me as posting that way. That was my fault for not checking after hitting submit. Still learning boards can eat and change posts.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Sorry, forgot Gudada in that last post. I'll treat pickpocketing for work like using your Sleight of Hand check as your Profession check. That means silver pieces equal to the roll for 8 hours or equal to half for 4 hours.

Sheriff Hemlock, a large Shoanti man with a permanent scowl, looks Chadron over. "Ye look competent enough son, but I'm afraid I've got the men I need. Men from Magnimar will be arriving within an hour or two, and they'll be able to handle what I won't." He looks thoughtful for a moment, then straightens up. "Tell you what... Stop by my office tomorrow, I'll see what work I can put you to then. I'm sure we can find some good for you."

At the Lighthouse Smash the dwarf is still smiling. "Absolutely, I don't mind in the slightest if you wish to watch the game." He busies himself a moment with getting another round of people set up (you notice he gives the children a hand with their catapults, pointing them a little better than the adults). "The Old Light? You can see it for yourself." He points and you see a half crumbled tower at the end of the street below. "Right between Gorvi's house and the Locksmith. It's just an old tower. They say it was a lighthouse in ancient times. Used to be infested with monsters but a few adventurers came and cleaned it out when the town was young."


Duilure pulls out his paper and takes some notes. He thanks the dwarf and says he will try the game once. He was polite enough that playing the game should be fine.

Duee puts away his paper and pays the coins.

Catapult:
Shot 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Shot 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Shot 3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

He is impressed with the catapult. It looks like impressive work.

Thank you again good sir. I have to say the workmanship on the catapults makes them fun to use. Have a good day.

Duee grabs his pack and heads down the hill. Sounds like the lighthouse could be interesting to investigate.


male (HP 11/11 | AC 19 | T 11 | FF 18 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +1 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +0) Varisian Fighter 1

"I appreciate the time, Sheriff, and I'll be around tomorrow."

The shine is off Chadron for an eyeblink, then he turns smartly and heads off to the Festival.

'Work before play, so that makes it time to play. And far be it for a good son of Kurgess to turn down some friendly competition! Let's see if I can catch Thorfinn before he tosses all those goblins.'

And so determined, Chadron hies him off to the Goblin Toss.


"Well, I'm not one for a bow, but I'll give it a shot." Elloe says as she hands over a copper piece and takes a few moments to get used to the unfamiliar weapon. She takes aim as carefully as she can...

First Shot:1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 4 = 13
Second Shot:1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 4 = 2


HP: 14/14 (Strain: 0) (Injury: 0) | AC 13/13/11: F+1, R +3, W +1 | Per:+7, Init: +2 | E. Spit 6/6
Spells per Day:
1st: 5/5

Sorry. Have been busy. Posting should be a little better now.

Talliree laughs with joy as she finds a stand that is selling exactly what she is looking for. A nice big pot of tea gleamed in the sunlight and a jar of honey filled the air with its sweet, sweet smell. She rushes over and gets the attention of the vendor.

"How much for a cup of tea with a bit of honey?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Knew I should have put please in there! :)


male Varisian Human Rogue 1 | AC14 T14 F10 CMD15 | HP 9/9 | F+1 R+6 W+1 | Init+4 | Per+5+

'Dada works the crowd around the catapults for a bit, and then moves forward to take a turn, offering up 2 coppers like a good mark, and sees what he can do.

Shot one: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

The first shot seems to go well wide of the intended target, tapping the bottom of the target next to it, actually . . ..

Shot two: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

The second shot seems far more accurate.

Shot three: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

The third and final shot seems a very nice follow-up to that second one.

After concluding business with the dwarf running the catapult game, 'Dada will move on, needing to keep from generating too much suspicion by staying in a single place for too long. He'll head down to the beach and the Devil Hunt, where he will work the crowd there for a bit before formally joining that game as a means of fitting into the crowd, better.

I would have been far more descriptive of the last two shots, but I don't KNOW how well they stack up against the DC for the test, or even if a trained ranged attack roll was the right roll to make. I'm suspicious that a trained ranged attack roll works. I'm also suspicious that the DC for success on this task is a 20, so that the kids CAN win. I'm just trying hard not to make assumptions.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Sorry, sick a few days.

While both heroes hit the stones a few times, neither one knocks the whole pile down, leaving the dwarf grinning at their lack of a prize. "A shame I say, a damned shame. A few of the boys have gotten them. I'm afraid their mothers don't approve of my work."

"My I'd say your not one for the bow little lady. What a second shot." The old hunter grins. "Still the first one was good, and hardly as bad as I did on the Devil."

Duilure finds one of the deputies sitting near the entrance to the Old Light. "Sorry son. I'm afraid the ruins here are off limits. Nothing worth finding in there and Sheriff's worried the place'll fall on someone. You could go in tomorrow if you'd like, but it's been explored by every boy in Sandpoint at some point."

Regardless of Talliree's faux pas of asking the price at the fair, she is given her tea and honey. A helpful red-haired woman nearby winks at her. "Hey gnome girl... the first foods and drinks are all free at a Varisian festival. It's a tradition, and it's rude to assume she wouldn't follow it." She tosses a wink as she rushes back to her friends.

Chadron catches up to Thorfinn just outside the market square, just in time to see a large child pump his fist in joy as he tosses a large beanbag into a target painted like a fireplace. After it stops moving it's obvious that the beanbag has been painted up like a goblin. "That's a good toss boy, good toss." Says a tall and wiry man outside his stables. The sign above him calls it "The Goblin Squash Stables" and the sign shows a large horse trampling a goblin underfoot. Under that is a line of almost 30 goblin ears, preserved and nailed to the door frame. "Anyone else care to step up? 3 coppers gets you three tosses, all three in gets you a delicious bag of free jerky from Chod Bevok of the Meat Market, made from the goblins I threw in the fire myself." He waggles his eyebrows with a flourish. "Now who's next?"


male (HP 11/11 | AC 19 | T 11 | FF 18 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +1 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +0) Varisian Fighter 1

"That young gentleman is a tough act to follow! But I'll swallow my pride and make an effort," Chadron steps forward and pays his coins. He hefts the bean bags a bit, shrugs, and takes a bead on the target.

assuming improvised ranged weapon? ranged CV -4 ?
1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 1 - 4 = 4
1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 1 - 4 = 6
1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 4 = 1

"Indeed quite an act to follow. Lad, you've well and truly bested my mark," Chadron gives the young gent an effusive bow. Chadron steps aside for the next contestant, but not too far.

Chadron waits until the game is underway, then asks the owner, "So, where did you collect those trophies? They're really quite impressive."

Diplomacy:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


I was more interested in the history than finding anything. Why would tomorrow be different? Would you or someone you know be able to tell me more about this place?

Duilure looks inquiringly at the place called the Old Light.


Ryuko wrote:
"My I'd say your not one for the bow little lady. What a second shot." The old hunter grins. "Still the first one was good, and hardly as bad as I did on the Devil."

"Little lady?" Elloe laughs cheerfully. "If an experienced hunter like yourself says it was a good shot, I'll believe! Guess I need to learn how to use a bow, huh?"

Elloe stays around to watch a few more try their luck before the lure of the rest of the Festival draws here back. There was a lot to see, a lot of food to taste, and a lot of music and tales to hear.


Male Dwarf Ranger 3 | AC 21 T 13 FF 18 | HP 29/31 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +3| Perc +7

Back among the connected.

Thorfinn goes after the boisterous Land, wordlessly passing over his coins and grimacing (or perhaps grinning; it's hard to tell) slightly as he hefts the sack.

Same assumptions as Chadron, above:

Take 1: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 4 = 5
Take 2: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 4 = 16
Take 3: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 3 - 4 = 9

The dwarf's first shot falls short, the second is much closer to the mark, and the third hooks left.

"Your jerky's safe from me, sir. Have to see if I can catch a few of my own; it'd make a nice change from larger foes."

Thorfinn makes his way over to the catapult game.


male Varisian Human Rogue 1 | AC14 T14 F10 CMD15 | HP 9/9 | F+1 R+6 W+1 | Init+4 | Per+5+

'Dada slowly works his way down onto the beach, casually checking for a coin here or there along the way, before working his way to "The Devil Hunt!" He moves through the crowd, always either moving to a better vantage point or yielding the one he has to someone else, cheering the shots each contestant makes.

"Thon can't do this! He'll never hit the target. He may never get the arrow to fly!" Thon actually does get one arrow into the larger target backboard, but he DOES drop one of his three shots on the ground instead of putting it into the air, too . . ..

"Go on! Let the little one get MUCH closer! Girl that age can't pull the bow well, but Cheyrryl can aim! Give her a chance!"


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

The man by the stables puts out a hand in greeting after he sets up the next contestant. "Daverin Hosk, of the Goblin Squash," He hooks a thumb back at the stables behind him. "And as to the collection. Why by killing me a load of goblins. Hate the little bastards. Just cause trouble no matter what they try to do. Should wipe out the damn lot of them."

"There's not much of a story to it. They say when the Chelish settled here they found the Old Light. It was full of a few monsters until a few adventurers came in and killed 'em and took their stuff. Scavengers found a few useful things in the ruins for a few years after, but by now it's just an old ruin. Some of the kids think it's haunted. It's easy to believe, at night the sea wind winds through the stones and sounds like screams. It's terrifying to a child." He shrugs and opens the door for a minute. "I tried to sleep right there when a friend bet me a silver I wouldn't. Ended up running for it before the end of the night, sure I had the hounds of hell on my tail." He grins and makes a gesture that conveys 'Kids? Am I right?'. "Anyway, Sheriffs only keeping it off limits today, just so the traveller's don't get the wrong idea and get a bunch of 'em looking around at once."

Everyone OK with moving forward to lunch?


Male Dwarf Ranger 3 | AC 21 T 13 FF 18 | HP 29/31 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +3| Perc +7

Fine with me.


male (HP 11/11 | AC 19 | T 11 | FF 18 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +1 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +0) Varisian Fighter 1

"Daverin, thanks for the story. I'm trying to keep up with that hasty dwarf. Congratulations on the string of trophies - well done. I hope to see you around the town!"

OOC: Moving forward to lunch is fine with me.


I'm okay with it.


I am good with moving forward. Actually description of the games is all I really need. Duilure is not worried about much but finding stories that might lead to research about Thassilon.

Really? Haunted? And you tried sleeping right there? Duilure points at the spot and squints. I am more curious now. Will you be on duty long? I will wander around some but curious on with it being guarded if I might pay a silver to try sleeping there. That sounds like a great story.

Duilure looks at the guard to see his reaction. He is really curious on what might cause that. He is almost antsy with finding out.

I would not show back up till tonight after dinner if allowed to. I am willing to not go any farther than where you or another guard could see my bedroll. Duee has pulled out some paper and making some notes on them. He actually is squatting so it is clear if anyone looks that he is writing the information he recieved.

    Old Light
  • Old Light was here when Chelish settled area
  • Monsters inside. Adventurers cleared it out.
  • Scavengers found some things but now is cleared out.
  • Children think haunted and the sea winds at night sound like screams
  • Old and unknown. Might be worth trying to sleep overnight in

Duee looks back up at guard as he stands back up. He is waiting for an answer before he heads off to the Dragon Races.


HP: 14/14 (Strain: 0) (Injury: 0) | AC 13/13/11: F+1, R +3, W +1 | Per:+7, Init: +2 | E. Spit 6/6
Spells per Day:
1st: 5/5

Yep, just trying to avoid getting out of character

Talliree blushes a little at the faux pas and mutters an abashed apology before graciously accepting the tea. She sips at warm, sweet drink until it's gone and her headache with it. Her mood much improved, she sets off to find something to entertain herself with.

Ooo, that sounds like fun!

A few minutes later the gnome energetically rushes up to the Goblin Squash Stables. The sign brings an even bigger grin to her face as she looks about for the owner.

"Hello! Got enough Goblins for a wee widdle gnome to toss?"

Tosses:

1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 1 - 4 = 15
1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 1 - 4 = 10
1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 1 - 4 = 3

Talli smiles the whole time, even when her last toss misses. She shrugs and gives the man who handed her the bags a flourishing bow.

"Thank you for the sport, so sad that the last one got away."

And she's off again with her infectious grin looking for the next thing to catch her eye.


male Varisian Human Rogue 1 | AC14 T14 F10 CMD15 | HP 9/9 | F+1 R+6 W+1 | Init+4 | Per+5+

I'm fine with moving on, and have been half waiting to see if you would post something to that effect, or if Elloe was going to choose to still be at the Hunt when 'Dada got there. <wink>

As we haven't formally moved on, yet, I guess 'Dada will take his turn at the Hunt . . ..

Shots:
Shot one: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 4 = 17
Shot two: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 4 = 15

"Well, I guess I've been loud and annoying long enough! Time to step up and take my own punishment." 'Dada steps up to the older Varisian and hands him the requisite copper. "Are you sure I have to use the BIG bow?"

The balding man laughs, grinning and nodding. "The goal is to better what I did, so you need to use the weapon I did!" Gudada shrugs and tries his luck with the bow.

The first arrow strikes the dark silhouette, sticking in the wood, teasing the young man with being close to, but not within, the target circle. 'Dada smiles to the crowd and calls back to the older man "I hope that pie is hot!" When he lets the second arrow fly, the bald Varisian starts laughing before the crowd sees what happened. As the arrow goes UNDER the silhouette, skittering across the sand.

"Yes, the pie IS hot! Maybe this next young man will get to try it! You need to chase that arrow instead!" Gudada laughs with the crowd as he chases the arrow and returns it to the older man.

Time for lunch, I think. That pie sounds too good for me not to be ready to eat. Let's see what I can find, then . . ..


"Good to know the thought of pie distracts you, Gudada." Elloe says from behind him. "Just as entertaining as your last show, though I think this one was much shorter lived."

She's smiling, and seems to be truly enjoying the day.

"At least you actually hit the blasted thing."


male Varisian Human Rogue 1 | AC14 T14 F10 CMD15 | HP 9/9 | F+1 R+6 W+1 | Init+4 | Per+5+

Gudada looks honestly hurt. "My last show ended with me flat on my back, and this with me missing the target completely! THIS you find entertaining?" And with that he breaks into a smile again, denying that any actual hurt might have been taken. "But you are right that the thought of the pie was distracting me. I'm ready for lunch. You?"


"Downright starving. I was so excited about today that I skipped breakfast, and I swear I've been through the entire city already! How about the Rusty Dragon? I passed it by once and it seemed like a decent enough place as any."


HP: 14/14 (Strain: 0) (Injury: 0) | AC 13/13/11: F+1, R +3, W +1 | Per:+7, Init: +2 | E. Spit 6/6
Spells per Day:
1st: 5/5
What Talliree heard Gudada say wrote:
blahblahblahblah"Pie"blahblahblah

A highpitched, breathless voice squeaks from in between Gudada and Elloe following the sound of hurried running steps.

"Oooo!Whatkindapieareyouwanting?Blueberrystrawberrygooseberrymeatsheperd'sg oblinmudcowcookiechocolatecoconutpecansouthernfruit"*GASP*"chickenpotiron-
potironrodorcondorpie?Ilikebuckleberrybutnoneofyoutallfolkseemtoknowwhatabu ckleberryis!DoIknowyoutwofromsomeplace?"

The animated (actually, very animated) gnome finally slows down after asking her question and is waiting for the two humans to answer.


male Varisian Human Rogue 1 | AC14 T14 F10 CMD15 | HP 9/9 | F+1 R+6 W+1 | Init+4 | Per+5+

'Dada looks at the gnome in surprise as she rambles out her streaming question. When she winds down, he looks back to Elloe, "Did she just ask about the shepherd's blueberries?"


"I... I'm not sure. I think I heard something about a strawberry condor." Elloe replies. She looks at the excitable gnome. "Hello there. Any chance you can slow down a bit and repeat that?"


Male Dwarf Ranger 3 | AC 21 T 13 FF 18 | HP 29/31 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +3| Perc +7

From across the crowd, the ranger's keen ears pick up the sound of an excited gnome. Huh. Wonder what she's on about? And why do I feel hungry all of a sudden?


male (HP 11/11 | AC 19 | T 11 | FF 18 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +1 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +0) Varisian Fighter 1

"Have you worked up an appetite Thorfinn? I believe I heard someone say they've made a pie with the shepherd's blueberries. I think such an unlikely thing bears investigating, if perhaps not too closely." with a grin and a saunter, Chadron heads off towards the aroma of shepherd's blueberries.


Male Dwarf Ranger 3 | AC 21 T 13 FF 18 | HP 29/31 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +3| Perc +7

Chuckling, the dwarf follows Chadron.


HP: 14/14 (Strain: 0) (Injury: 0) | AC 13/13/11: F+1, R +3, W +1 | Per:+7, Init: +2 | E. Spit 6/6
Spells per Day:
1st: 5/5
Elloe Awran wrote:
"I... I'm not sure. I think I heard something about a strawberry condor." Elloe replies. She looks at the excitable gnome. "Hello there. Any chance you can slow down a bit and repeat that?"

"Why would I slow down and repeat myself when there's a pie to be ate!"

Her hands shoot up into the air and come up to about the chin on the two humans. From the sounds of things, eating pie is serious business that should be started as soon as possible, but before either of the two have time to react, the gnome turns on Gudada with a her hair acting like a scarf.

"And who has ever heard of shepherd's blueberries?! Is that one of those, um, eu- eufi- eula- Ukuleles? Europas? Uranuses? Oxymorons? EUPHEMISMS! Is that one of those euphemisms?"


"I think we merely... misheard you, so let's put it behind us go get that pie. I don't know about a shepard's blueberry pie, but I do like a normal blueberry pie every now and then."


male (HP 11/11 | AC 19 | T 11 | FF 18 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +1 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +0) Varisian Fighter 1

"I think the 'euphamism' would be plums. Blueberries would be more of an insult. So let's hope there aren't any shepherds hanging about to be insulted," Chadron drops Gudada a broad wink over Talliree's head. "So where are these pies that need eating? I see it's a very urgent matter, and we should all attend more to the pressing business than the double entendres."

Taking a second look at Gudada, "Say - weren't you trying to shave in public yesterday, with a few more blades than usual? It seems your fingers all came through the experience, but your whiskers as well." Shifting dialects smoothly, with a level gaze at Gaduda, "ეს იყო ძალიან კარგი შოუ"

Varisian:
"It was a very good show."
OOC: the alphabet, from google translate, is 'Georgian', if anyone wants to support, promote, and defend continuity :) I can't find a good verbalizer, but take my word that Georgian sounds even better than it looks.


male Varisian Human Rogue 1 | AC14 T14 F10 CMD15 | HP 9/9 | F+1 R+6 W+1 | Init+4 | Per+5+

'Dada tries not to let his disappointment show as he realizes that his lunch with Elloe had just become a group affair, filled out with more people he doesn't really know.

Looking down at the gnome, "Shepherd's blueberries was what I thought I heard you say. So, if it is a euphamism, it is YOUR euphamism, not mine."

Looking over to Chadron, "ფინალი გაკვირვებული ჩემს მეტი არავის, ვფიქრობ. მაგრამ, მადლობა."

Varisian:
"The ending surprised me more than anyone else, I think. But, thank you."

And, finally, turning back to Elloe, "So, The Rusty Dragon, you said? Should be a good place for lunch. I think the game Ameiko's offering will be really fun as well, once we're ready to try to capture her goblin." He looks around the surprisingly formed group "Does that work for everyone?"


male (HP 11/11 | AC 19 | T 11 | FF 18 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +1 | W +0 | Init +3 | Per +0) Varisian Fighter 1

"The Rusty Dragon would suit, it'll allow me to slip into something more comfortable as well. I do actually own clothes that do not involve clanking metal platees. I think those other clothes are more appropriate for festival."

Addressing himself to Talliree, "My name is Chadron. What can I call you? Do you live here in town?"


male Varisian Human Rogue 1 | AC14 T14 F10 CMD15 | HP 9/9 | F+1 R+6 W+1 | Init+4 | Per+5+

Oh, yeah. Half a day's pick-pocketing . . ..

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Half of that is 12 SP made in the morning. Should be enough to feed 'Dada and 'Loe, anyway.

1 to 50 of 115 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Heroes of Sandpoint: Ryuko's Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.