Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Heroes of Brindin's Ford (Inactive)

Game Master loimprevisto

When the will defies fear, when duty throws the gauntlet down to fate, when honor scorns to compromise with death - that is heroism.


501 to 515 of 515 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Initiatives:

Grimlock 2 = 14
Raspin = 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Guard 3 = 12
Grimlock 1 = 11
Guard 2 = 7
Jon Silver = 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Guard 1 = 5

Combat Rolls:

Grimlock 2 attacks Jon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Guard 3 attacks Grimlock (full attack): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15, 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9, 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 = hit/miss, 9 damage
Grimlock 1 attacks guards: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Guard 2 attacks Grimlock (full attack): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13, 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 - miss/hit, 2 damage
Jon attacks Grimlock: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24, 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29, Critical threat! 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 = unconfirmed. 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6, + (1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6) = 12 damage
Guard 1 attacks Grimlock (full attack): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8, 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16, 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 = miss/hit, 8 damage

@Raspin: Moving forward a few steps (10'), you can affect all three guards along with Jon and yourself with haste. I'll assume you do so...
@Jon: Since you come after Raspin you will benefit from haste. I'm assuming you full attack as a result and have tossed up a second attack for you.

The grimlock Jon is facing seems to be aware of the fate of its companions without so much as turning its head. Its attacks come with increasing desperation and it seems about ready to flee, sensing the tide of battle has turned. After ducking another clumsy blow Jon feels a warming and invigorating wave of power wash over him and times seems to slow. Almost dismissively he spins around and hacks off the grimlock's arm at the elbow then stabs it through the heart.

As the spell enfolds the guards they quickly move to surround the last beleaguered grimlock. Faster than they eye can follow they put the beast down with a flurry of flashing blades. The guards all take a moment to collect themselves and look for further threats before rummaging through their packs for a small pouch containing vials of potions and begin rushing to administer them to the injured. Near Jon the man drops his improvised shield and moans "Lad's safe. Ahhh... Lady of Graves receive me..." and mumbles something else indecipherable as he collapses to the ground.

All the grimlocks are dead. The guards each have two potions of stabilize and one of cure light wounds and are administering them to any of the civilians who are still alive.

When the casualties are attended to the patrol sergeant approaches Jon and Raspin. With a weary smile Sergeant Evlis looks to Raspin and says "We have to stop meeting like this. What happened here, Professor? Where'd those things come from?" Faint as it was, the smile fades entirely from her face halfway through his explanation as distant crashes can be heard coming from several places in town to the North and East. Whistles cry out from distant patrols calling for reinforcements.


Elf Rogue 5 / HP 36 of 36, AC 18, Fort. 3, Ref. 9, Will 2

Jon uses his wand of Cure LIght Wounds to heal the man that collapsed in front of him. As the sounds of conflict and the cries of the guards drift in, Jon runs to aid them, using the wand on himself twice to heal the damage he's taken.

"Hurry Raspin, our talents are needed still!"


Male Elf wizard 5(div and ench restricted) conjuration spec

Raspin says grumpily, "At this rate I will be out of spells.


Male hp: 19/52; AC:20/17/13; F+6, R+3, W+3; Initiative +6, Perception +3

If nothing comes his way Lummel will try to stop the bleeding.

Heal check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
or can I use Profession Soldier here?


Profession soldier would be more for background knowledge about the severity of wounds... i.e. that this is a life-threatening wound that could cause you to lose consciousness in a matter of minutes. You'd also know that a healing potion would stop the bleeding.


I haven't seen actions posted from Alviss/Elesandira. It sounds like Elesandira wants to maneuver to provide flanking with Alviss... this will entail either an acrobatics check to leave your current (threatened) square, receiving an AoO, or or using the full round 'Withdraw' action to get into position and not attacking this round. I still need an attack roll from Alviss, or I can post something up.

Lummel is unable to staunch the bleeding, his makeshift bandage is quickly soaked through.


Jon Silver wrote:
"Hurry Raspin, our talents are needed still!"

As Jon and Raspin make their way up Southspur Street they soon come across a scene of carnage in front of the belltower. There is blood on the cobblestones and corpse-sized lumps resting under coverings of rough sackcloth. Two members of the town guard stand sentry in front of the belltower and several runners can be seen making their way to or from the barracks.

Jon Silver wrote:
Jon uses his wand of Cure Light Wounds to heal the man that collapsed in front of him. As the sounds of conflict and the cries of the guards drift in, Jon runs to aid them, using the wand on himself twice to heal the damage he's taken.

Please mark off the three charges on your character sheet.


HP50/50: AC 24/11/23: F+8/R+4/W+8: Init +1/Perception +2 unusual stonework

Alviss makes sure of his footing and swings the short sword at another wererat.

ATTACK 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
DAMAGE 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Elf Rogue 5 / HP 36 of 36, AC 18, Fort. 3, Ref. 9, Will 2

Jon approaches the guards in front of the belltower, full of concern at the sight of blood.

"What's happened here!"


As you step out of the crowd an approach him the guard starts in on a weary speach "Sir, you need- ...oh, it's you." He blinks a few times, you're clearly not who he was expecting but he seems glad to see you. "Sergeant Karson, Master Haftbreaker, and the others were investigating the attacks and got jumped by a few of the 'rats right here in the street." He gestures at the covered bodies. "They're up there looking for some answers, and reinforcements from the barracks should be here soon."


Male Elf wizard 5(div and ench restricted) conjuration spec

"Do you know if there is fighting elsewhere", Raspin says to the guard


Elf Rogue 5 / HP 36 of 36, AC 18, Fort. 3, Ref. 9, Will 2

"In the bell tower?" Jon looks wide eyed at the tower looming above them. "Come on, Raspin, they might need our skills." Jon sprints into the bell tower, eager to aid his friends.


Male Elf wizard 5(div and ench restricted) conjuration spec

Raspin follows Jon to the bell tower.


*Bump* - I need updates from Elesandira and Lummel...

Jon's Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

The guard seems a little hesitant to admit you in the face of the sergeant's stern orders to keep people out, but your reputation serves you well and he moves aside. The two of you glance into the empty living quarters at the bottom then race up the stairs. There's an open storage area with several bodies on the second floor, but no sign of Sergeant Karson or his companions. Continuing upward Jon triggers a trap. A rune flashes to life on the stairwell and a terrible black bolt streaks toward Jon's chest. He throws himself to the side just in time to avoid it and carefully directs Raspin to step over the trapped stair before continuing upward.

The next floor has more storage rooms that reveal filth-ridden nests and a horde of very large, very dead rats. The sounds of combat can be heard from further above.

Assuming you continue upward at maximum speed, Jon and Raspin will arrive in the next combat round and may roll initiative.

Jon's DC16 Reflex save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


Elf Rogue 5 / HP 36 of 36, AC 18, Fort. 3, Ref. 9, Will 2

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Eager to aid his friends, Jon continues his sprint towards the sounds of combat.

wand charges reduced and HP updated


Male Elf wizard 5(div and ench restricted) conjuration spec

init:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
taking 10 on perception checks as we move upward:18


Sometimes the 'new updates' indicator glitches on campaigns that haven't had any posts in a while... I just wanted to direct everyone's attention to the discussion page.

501 to 515 of 515 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Heroes of Brindin's Ford - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.