Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Heroes of Brindin's Ford (Inactive)

Game Master loimprevisto

When the will defies fear, when duty throws the gauntlet down to fate, when honor scorns to compromise with death - that is heroism.


1 to 50 of 515 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The fair is full swing! Brindin's Ford is filled to capacity and the life of the festival spills beyond the town walls- colorful carts and wagons, flags and ribbons, and people of all sorts line the road for a hundred yards beyond the gate. The streets bustle with activity as the fair engulfs the main street through town. The street- none too wide to begin with- is narrowed further by the carts and booths along its sides. Fortunately wagons are barred, but pedestrians clog the road effectively enough. Artisans, entertainers, and merchants of every type staff the fair booths hawking their wares and trumpeting their virtues to any and all potential customers. Above it all, two notable features define the town's landscape. The walled keep crowns the hill at the western end of the town, and in the center of town a huge bell tower stands like a sentry.

Dozens of halflings in bright-colored costumes are directing the majority of the activities. A busy, lively roar of noise suffuses the fair and the smells of roasting meats, exotic spices, and cut flowers fill the air. The town guard keeps a watchful eye on the commerce with their bright red tabards and gleaming weapons, although they seem relaxed and friendly. By custom, all weapons larger than a belt knife are peace-bound during the festival.

All visible weapons are expected to be 'peace bonded'. Swords are attached to scabbards with leather straps while axes, spears, and similar weapons have a leather bag put over the blade and tied closed. Being a member of the city guard, Lummel is exempt from this.

Lummel:
You are on duty, patrolling along Eastgate road. Normally you would be leading a squad on patrol, but during the festival week you have a special duty- and he has been running you ragged. You have been assigned to keep track of the kobold, Ziz. He runs a good-natured extortion racket, collecting snacks and trinkets from various venders in return for not making them victims of his pranks. Nobody really minds, he is considered part of the local color that makes the fair worth attending and a few brave merchants play their own pranks on him; you tag along to make sure things don't get *too* out of hand. Everyone still remembers the toffee merchant from last year...

Alviss:
After you escorted several of their merchants, the Dyers Guild have retained your services to protect their warehouse in Eastgate and the carts that do business in front of it during the festival. The crowd has been mostly well-behaved so far, and although you're not particularly well-trained in catching thieves your mere presence seems to discourage any but the most brazen.

Ziz:
Festival time is *AMAZING*! You're working the streets near your lair and so far most of the merchants have been treating you like royalty. The last time you had food this rich was... well, it was during the last festival! Your pack, magically-large as it is, is still near to bursting at the seams from all the trinkets and treats you've acquired. Sergeant Karson has been keeping a sharp eye on you, but you've managed to give him the slip several times while you engage in some bit of mischief. There has been one merchant who sells woolen goods and dyes who declined to offer you the scarf you were admiring- with a smirk he dared you to "do your worst"... it was his first time at the fair.

Elesandira:
From above, the town is a riot of color and the roar of noise from the streets is a dull murmur from your altitude. There is plenty to see from up here, and it is gratifying to note the occasional exclamations as people point toward the skies and mention you to their neighbors. You keep a watchful eye on your town and bask in the still-warm Autumn skies.

Bricker:
This is your favorite time of year! Your people are in town, and there are hundreds of new faces, new stories, and new songs to be found. You'd planned on making your way to one of Eastgate's many taverns for drinks company but your family and friends have waylaid you in the street and at the moment you're all gathered around a meal wagon, enjoying ales and meat-on-a-stick amongst the press of the crowd. This is a satisfying arrangement for you, and if some of the fellows who jostles up against you walk away with their purses a bit lighter... well, they should have been more careful! This is festival time...

@All: Make an introductory post IC and give a perception check (you can take 10), we'll move on from there!

Grand Lodge

(HP3/35: AC 20/16/15: F+4/R+10/W+8 +2 vs fear: Init +4/Perception +17 +2 vs traps)

Bricker hardly touches any of the food offered to him by his old "friends" though he doesn't know more than half of the crowd who have come to meet him, but this is one of those occasions where Bricker doesn't mind the company nor the coin of the unwary. He tells story's to his fellows and brags of his heroics most of witch are exaggerate or untrue and finds reuniting with old friends from Sonod Bairnell his old hometown just as memorable as any year, though they visit him every year this time at least two dozen more halflings came to meet him.

Bricker doesn't mind the company but still has a lot to do this evening and is not gonna miss a single merchants wares and tries to shoo the crowd away as best he can without telling them to get lost. After spreading storys of his heroics to the crowd he finally excuses himself and makes for the tavern he was originally headed to but not without inviting them to come after all he was not done checking all their pockets. He finds the tavern to be crowded as is and with the coming 40 halflings things were gonna get even more tight. He buys first rounds for the lot little do they now they are truly the ones paying.

Though I do love the festival, the joy, peace and especially the coin I felt that that this year was...different I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Perception:1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30
Pick Pockets:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23


HP: 18/18, AC 18 /15/11, F:+1,R:+5,W:+4, Init :+10, Percep: +10 (light sens), spells:1st:8 2nd :4

Ziz worms his way in to the crowded tavern, squirming under and over where he can, all the while holding an oversized, gnawed-on drumstick over his head. He spies bricker at the bar. He hollers out, waiving with his half eaten meat "bricksesss! Bricksessss! I'nt this a great fair? Besssst mmm hum, yip, it is. N' lookssseee, I gotss a nice new scArf, I did. I evenss seen a painingsss Of uss doing hero suff, yip. You gettin free drinkss, hmmm? Taste better that way."

Grand Lodge

(HP3/35: AC 20/16/15: F+4/R+10/W+8 +2 vs fear: Init +4/Perception +17 +2 vs traps)

Bricker turns to face the kobold as his story telling is interrupted. "Good to see your having a fine time Ziz pull up a seat and I'll buy you a drink then we can share a few tales eh."


HP50/50: AC 24/11/23: F+8/R+4/W+8: Init +1/Perception +2 unusual stonework

His polished silver gauntlets glinting in the sun, Alviss' steady tread carried him among the carts and stalls. The many colors and patterns of the fabrics were a kaleidoscope for the eyes, tempting customers. He scanned the crowds while he listened for something other than the sounds of bartering and laughter.

He had not seen any signs of trouble here or at the dyer's guild's warehouse, a plain looking building not seeming worthy of attention during the joyous Fair. He ocassionally rested his right hand on the haft of his hammer, which seemed more likely to be needed than his trusty battle axe. The cloth wrapped around the hammer's head added to its usefulness today, as the town leaders frowned on lethal encounters during the Fair.

Tossing a few coppers to a gaggle of scrawny children trying to furtively (but obviously) watch an apple seller's cart, he continued making his rounds.

Perception - takes 10


Male hp: 19/52; AC:20/17/13; F+6, R+3, W+3; Initiative +6, Perception +3

Lummel likes the fair, much less his today's duty.
Since he's working he has with him the long sword and Sweet Edge, the latter mirror polished, as the breast plate to make himself recognizable in the crowd. No money with him, he knows better than carrying gold today. If needed he will set even after the end of the fair.

During the day he interacts with different people he meets for different reasons.

... no madam, is a Kobold not a critter, no, he won't bite if left alone...

----

... are yo sure sir? couldn't be you sold it already? or maybe is somewhere else... yes sir, I'll look into it, but I don't think Kobolds use fashion garments...

---

No madam, that's not a Gryphon, is a lady... I'm pretty sure she use the loo like everybody else... No definitely she is not going to drop on us...

----

...a scarf! Can you believe it? What in the abyss does a Kobold use a scarf for?... They are lizards, cold blooded, it would prevent him to warm up in summer and be completely useless in winter!

---

No miss, I don't like it... No the color is fine, is the length that I disapprove... Well I can have Sweet Edge shorten your legs, so they will fit. Surely is far better than what mum is going to do you if you come home with such skirt...

---

...why do I know about reptiles? I interact a great deal with the Hellknights, that's how... C'mon Jerdy, like they don't know how I feel about it... why do you think my duty today is kobold-chasing instead of garrison coordination? Lt Alaton files a report on each every two months.

---

...down this road, till you find the roaster with the yellow cart, there you turn left. Keep the tower on you right hand side and the keep in front of you. At the alchemist shop turn right...

---

...yeah, like they care about an old soldier bit**ing about. We are supposed to do it: fight and complain. That is what they pay us for. Don't worry...

at the and of this day Lummel is going to be exhausted like first day at bootcamp

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


HP: 18/18, AC 18 /15/11, F:+1,R:+5,W:+4, Init :+10, Percep: +10 (light sens), spells:1st:8 2nd :4

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


female Half-Elf Ranger 5 (Hit Points 49 Current 54; AC 18; Initiative +3; Perception +14)

I buy a few ribbons from a tailors near my home, attach them to my ankles and fly over the main at top speed a few times.

That done, I pop into my favourite alehouse: Hello, Tovey, a bottle of ale if you please: something strong, tasty and well-stoppered.

I enjoy most of the day from the rooftops, merrily observing festivities and calling down brief, bellowed conversations with revellers.

I'll not be down today, Lucille, it's too crowded for me! Say hello to Frome from me!


A shout from the middle of the busy fair spreads into an expanding ripple of cries and screams, accompanied by loud crashes that sound like carts and booths being overturned. These ripples soon transform into a wave of people, as bystanders try to escape whatever is wreaking havoc behind them.

@Elisandira:
You have the best vantage on what is happening- faint cries reach your ears from down Eastgate Way, and from your vantage on top of an inn you notice rats the size of Selveshanea and some sort of bestial humanoids working together to overturn carts, smash booths, and attack fairgoers. A few of the braver proprietors are attempting to ward off the rats by smacking them with brooms a other improvised implements... to very little effect.

Since you didn't give a perception check, I assume you took 10. When (if?) you get closer you can make a knowledge check to identify the creatures. Relevant checks would be nature, local, or dungeoneering (pick one).

@Alviss:
There is some sort of disturbance down the way. Your stature doesn't afford you a very good view of what is happening, but you can tell from the tenor of the crowd's cries that it is something terrible and the crowd is panicked. You radiate an almost palpable aura of stoic reassurance and the crowd in your immediate area calms into a more orderly evacuation. The merchants who hired you have already fled. If you want to investigate, you will have to struggle against the crowd. Your aura of courage will afford you +4 to your strength checks to press against the flow of the crowd, should you choose to investigate.

@Lummel:
About 100' down the way you see halfling-sized rats swarming over food carts, and some sort of salvage humanoids armed with swords are grabbing goods from carts and jewelry off of any townsfolk they can grab. Noticing the garb of the town guard, several in the crowd press toward you- there are a dozen humans and halflings trying to get your attention, several of them nursing gruesome bite wounds. It will be particularly difficult for you to fight your way through the panicked crowd. You can make a strength check to force your way, or use profession (soldier) to try to use you authority part the crowd.

@Ziz & Bricker:
The ale is strong and flows liberally amongst the celebrants. Almost half of the crowd has pipes out and the common room is getting quite hazy as everyone swaps stories and catches up over a mug or two. Somehow, over the clamor and din in the Stony Gaze, the two of you can make out panicked screams from the street. It's hard to tell just what's happening, but you distinctly hear some of the people fleeing through the alley alongside the inn yell something about "Rats". Most of the people drinking and celebrating with you have not noticed the disturbance yet. (Perception DC = 25)


HP50/50: AC 24/11/23: F+8/R+4/W+8: Init +1/Perception +2 unusual stonework

The sturdy dwarf plants his feet and holds his ground as panicked fair goers rush by him. Calm yourselves and keep heading that way! Don't shove! Just keep going! he roars above the crowd tumult.

This can't be good. Does evil find root in every blasted bit of earth in this devil-fouled nation?

Continuing to glare into the oncoming crowd for some sign of what's causing such mayhem, Alviss reaches over his back and readies his shield on his left arm. Then he draws his battle axe and removes the cloth covering the blade. I don't suppose anyone will complain about this now, he mutters as he lets the axe settle at his side, gripped tightly and blade turned inward, away from the jostling crowd.

As the tide rushes at him, he looks about for any sturdy table, statue, stairs or other object that he can hop up on to get a better look ahead. Anything that obviously wouldn't withstand the onrushing horde (such as carts already pushed sideways, etc) or something cumbersome, like a tree to climb, he dismisses.

Torag's flame guide me.

(After he used a move action to ready the shield, I figured drawing and uncovering the axe was the equivalent of retrieving a stored item, for a second move action. If he has any action remaining, he plods forward into the crowd, continuing to scan for a better vantage point nearby while also looking ahead to the danger.)


Male hp: 19/52; AC:20/17/13; F+6, R+3, W+3; Initiative +6, Perception +3

"Everybody move on! Don't stop here, keep walking."

Lummel readies Sweet Edge, and tries to have people moving away from harm.
Profession (Soldier) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

"C'mon folks, don't stop here."

What do I know about the wherabouts of Ulila and Tolaria?


HP50/50: AC 24/11/23: F+8/R+4/W+8: Init +1/Perception +2 unusual stonework

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 1

looking for something to climb or stand on


HP: 18/18, AC 18 /15/11, F:+1,R:+5,W:+4, Init :+10, Percep: +10 (light sens), spells:1st:8 2nd :4

Ziz swivels his bar stool, pauses mid sentence and licks the crease from his chops. "bricksessss, you.....you hearin' that" a sideways glance at his companion confirms his concern. He focuses for a moment, harnessing the arcane energies coursing through his blood and channeling his ancestral power to cling to sheer surfaces. "i'msss goinsss to lookssssseeee. yip!" he skitters across the bar and up the wall, then towards the closest open window or door.

spider climb (2nd level): 50 mins

Grand Lodge

(HP3/35: AC 20/16/15: F+4/R+10/W+8 +2 vs fear: Init +4/Perception +17 +2 vs traps)

"Damn, what a horrible time for something to go wrong." Bricker says to no one in particular. "Ziz, I am going out to see whats causing all the commotion." Bricker rises from his chair and calmly walks out the front entrance and begins his trek to investigate what is going on. He will try to attract as little attention as possible to himself.

Perception:1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18

To keep eye out for the source of all the commission or notice anything out of the ordinary. he will also look for a place to get a good look at what is happening.


HP50/50: AC 24/11/23: F+8/R+4/W+8: Init +1/Perception +2 unusual stonework
Alviss wrote:

Perception: 1d20

looking for something to climb or stand on

Forgot to add 2 (wis mod) to my stellar roll of 1, for a 3.


Male hp: 19/52; AC:20/17/13; F+6, R+3, W+3; Initiative +6, Perception +3
Alviss wrote:


Forgot to add 2 (wis mod) to my stellar roll of 1, for a 3.

oh, in that case...


@Alviss:
It is a full round action to undo the peace knot on a weapon. We're not in "tactical time" until I call for initiative rolls, so I'm not worried yet about detailed accounting for actions. I figure about 15 seconds have passed since the last post.You cast around for any sort of stable platform to get a better view of the chaos, but with the press of the crowd and the humans towering around you there is no obvious vantage point that would serve you better.

@Lummel:
You can take 10 on these checks, if you like.The crowd give way to your authority, they are absolutely desperate for someone who seems to know what they are doing. You make steady progress through the crowd and should reach the rats in less than a minute. Regarding your family, Tolaria was going to visit some friends in then go to the halflings on the river to buy fish for supper. Ulila has been drifting all around the fair; you have sternly warned her about certain neighborhoods in Southspur and you figure she's smart enough not to go there... other than that she could be anywhere in or around the city.

@Ziz & Bricker:
It is easy for Bricker to make his way to the door unnoticed with the spectacle of a kobold skittering along the walls for a distraction. From the street it is much more obvious that something is very wrong as a panicked crowd surges past, but all Bricker sees is a jungle of legs. Ziz skitters out a window and onto the roof. From there he can clearly see the chaos in the streets as everyone flees the rats and the humanoids that seem to be directing them.


female Half-Elf Ranger 5 (Hit Points 49 Current 54; AC 18; Initiative +3; Perception +14)

I fly over to a nearby rooftop, unslinging my bow and looking to see if any lives are under threat.
knowledge (nature) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

I also whistle for Selveshanea, but he is at home and I don't expect him to hear much over the noise.


Male hp: 19/52; AC:20/17/13; F+6, R+3, W+3; Initiative +6, Perception +3

I'll ignore the rats, since a blade is not going to do any good, and I'll try to reach the humanoids causing the havoc.
If I have any mean to call out for support from other patrols, like a whistle, I'll use it.

To identify the critters
Kn Local 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Kn Dungeoniring 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

"Stand down! Stop right now, you are under arrest"
trying to make them stop by authority
Pr Soldier 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


HP50/50: AC 24/11/23: F+8/R+4/W+8: Init +1/Perception +2 unusual stonework

Alviss grunts at not finding a better vantage point as he plods forward.

At least I can see over these wee halflings, he thinks as dozens of the little people continue flowing towards him and away from the danger.

He pushes his way forward, resembling a metal salmon swimming upstream as panicked fairgoers continue to rush past. He angles towards where the greatest disturbance seems to be coming from, whether sounds of violence and destruction or screams of pain.


HP: 18/18, AC 18 /15/11, F:+1,R:+5,W:+4, Init :+10, Percep: +10 (light sens), spells:1st:8 2nd :4

Ziz realizes he has no hope of moving against the surging crowd, so he will provide what help he can from the top of the Stony Gaze.

perception to determine general information about the tactical situation (e.g. approximate number of humanoid attackers, point of origin, closest humanoid attacker, appearance/armaments,& defenses/allies in place).
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

casts prestidigitation: booming voice when touching throat (aka megaphone).

spider climb: 50 mins
prestidigitation (megaphone): 60 mins

Grand Lodge

(HP3/35: AC 20/16/15: F+4/R+10/W+8 +2 vs fear: Init +4/Perception +17 +2 vs traps)

Bricker attempts to slip through the crowd and get a better look at the scene.

Escape artist:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


@Elesandira: Lives are definitely under threat. There is a lot of blood visible and several bodies in the street. You can begin making attack rolls if you like. You are still fairly distant, it will take you a minute or so to fly to Eastgate and close into bow rage. We will not be starting formal initiative just yet. You can make several attack rolls outside of initiative if you decide to go that route, start with 3 attacks. Knowledge: Nature (25) The creatures are wererats in their hybrid form. You have heard that they can speak with vermin, and it is likely that they are directing the large rats to cause chaos in the crowd. Silver weapons would almost certainly drive them off if you could bring them to bear.

@Lummel: Keep in mind these rats are the size of large dogs. A polearm could definitely be an effective weapon against them. If the creatures hear your admonishments, they give no sign of it. [ooc]The guard will definitely respond to this disturbance. You sound your whistle as a matter of form, but you are confident that the disturbance will bring the attention of the patrol in Eastgate in a matter of minutes. You know there is a patrol of 4 guards in the area. Knowledge: Local (18) The only complaint in the city lately has been of some sort of organized crime. Some of the homeless and poor have complained of [/i]things[/i] in the night, and you suspect these may be connected- even though they are not the most reliable witnesses.

@Alviss: The going is slow, but you make steady progress against the flow of the crowd.

@Bricker: You deftly slip between the legs of the larger men as you work your way toward the source of the disturbance.

@Ziz: You can pick out 4 humanoids wearing light armor and carrying swords. There is no definite point of origin, it looks like they just picked the busiest part of the street to begin their rampage. At the moment, the overturned carts and the few fair-goers still fleeing the creatures provide them with some cover. You note Elesandira distant in the skies above, and Lummel pretty much where you left him, on the streets below. There is a rather heavily armed and armored dwarf attempting to make his (her? You recall that dwarven women have beards too) way against the crowd, toward the creatures. [ooc]I couldn't find a mention of a relationship between you and Alviss, we can edit the above if you know him by sight. Regarding prestidigitation, it is handy but quite limited in its effects. I'd allow an effect like you describe to double the volume of your voice (+10 dB), it would provide a +2 circumstance modifier for someone to hear you. I usually limit prestidigitation to a +2 modifier, almost always circumstance.


Male hp: 19/52; AC:20/17/13; F+6, R+3, W+3; Initiative +6, Perception +3

"Big as they might be, these pest are just animals, after the initial havoc they can be taken care of by few equipped people. These humanoids, on the other hand, are clearly in charge, and, as Sg Instructor used to say -cut off the head and chance are the body will fall.-"

Lummel swings Sweet Edge.
"So, you gentlemen do not speak my language? I have a friend here who can speak almost every tongue!"

Lummel prepares himself for the incoming slicing activity.


HP: 18/18, AC 18 /15/11, F:+1,R:+5,W:+4, Init :+10, Percep: +10 (light sens), spells:1st:8 2nd :4

thats all i was going for/expecting with prestidigitation. the penalty for a panicked crowd is undoubtedly much higher than that, so any little bit counts. i probably wont end up using the ability, but in the event that ziz needs to communicate at a distance or would like to speak to the mob it could be useful.
as for alvis, they have met, but only briefly to exchange information. ziz knows him by reputation and has seen him on the road, but wouldn't be able to pick him out from a crowd, so the text fits.

Ziz is concerned about his ability to navigate the stampede without being trampled, but sees little choice if he is to investigate further. he will climb to street level, then cross to the nearest building and climb the wall to bypass the crowd. he will use this method repeatedly to approach the humanoids.

escape artist
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
EDIT: ouch. trampled it is.....


HP50/50: AC 24/11/23: F+8/R+4/W+8: Init +1/Perception +2 unusual stonework

The pandemonium showing no signs of ebbing, Alviss continues to stride forward, kindly but firmly brushing aside those that impede him, trying not to knock anyone from their feet.

As a dwarf, he is aware that his mass is much greater than the fairgoers' and he doesn't want to cause halflings and less sturdy humans to be trampled. He continues moving straight ahead, but he's not throwing elbows to move people aside.

Let me pass! Keep moving that way!

He continues scanning left to right, looking for the cause of this mess.

What are ye running from? Where is it?

I could use Binkee right now.


female Half-Elf Ranger 5 (Hit Points 49 Current 54; AC 18; Initiative +3; Perception +14)

With no desire to fire wildly into a crowd and no silver weapons, I concentrate upon getting close. Flying fast and low across the rooftops.


Elesandira zips over the rooftops toward the creatures threatening Eastgate. As she closes the distance she notices a few figures fighting their way *toward* the carnage. The striking red tabard of the guardsman with the halberd catches her eye first, and it is by sweet edge that she recognizes Lummel charging into the fray. Behind him is an armored dwarf that can only be Alviss, while from the other direction a familiar kobold skitters along the walls and darts through the crowd to get closer to the wererats.

Rolls to fight the crowd:
The time required to arrive at the scene is based on your speed, distance from the encounter, and skill checks:

Lummel arrives the same time as Elesandira (needed 4 successes, can take 10s due to exceptional success on the initial roll)

Alviss: 8 successes required, STR check +4 for dwarven stability, arrive 4 round after Lummel from the same direction as Lummel, opposite Bricker & Ziz 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 151d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 171d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 191d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 161d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 201d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Bricker arrives 4 rounds after Lummel, needed 8 successes, can take 10s due to exception success on initial roll. Arrives from the same direction as Ziz, opposite Lummel and Alviss

Ziz arrives 9 rounds after Lummel. Minimizing your time on the ground lowers the DC of these checks from 15 to 10. You arrive from the same direction as Bricker, opposite Lummel and Alviss.1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 131d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 131d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

We can roll for initiative now. Elesandira will enter combat whenever she wants, if she wants to do so immediately she can take a surprise round before she and Lummel take their start the "first round".


female Half-Elf Ranger 5 (Hit Points 49 Current 54; AC 18; Initiative +3; Perception +14)

I will take the surprise round.

Attacking from the rooftops, striking the nearest foe:

longbow attack with deadly aim
attack1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
damage1d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


@Elesandira: Please give an initiative roll too, for the rest of the combat.


Male hp: 19/52; AC:20/17/13; F+6, R+3, W+3; Initiative +6, Perception +3

Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

How big is the "combat field" what distance there is between me and the critters?


Initiative
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


female Half-Elf Ranger 5 (Hit Points 49 Current 54; AC 18; Initiative +3; Perception +14)

initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Grand Lodge

(HP3/35: AC 20/16/15: F+4/R+10/W+8 +2 vs fear: Init +4/Perception +17 +2 vs traps)

Init:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


HP: 18/18, AC 18 /15/11, F:+1,R:+5,W:+4, Init :+10, Percep: +10 (light sens), spells:1st:8 2nd :4

initiative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


The street is 35' wide, which includes 5' sidewalks on either side. This part of the street is overlooked by 3-story rowhouses with businesses on the 1st floor and residences above. Between the street vender's booths and the injured townsfolk, the sidewalk counts as difficult terrain. There are also several overturned carts in the street that count as obstructions and can potentially provide cover. The nearest creature to Lummel is 20' away and is flanked by two of the large rats, they all hiss menacingly at you as you pronounce your threat.

Quote:
"So, you gentlemen do not speak my language? I have a friend here who can speak almost every tongue!"

No sooner do the words leave your mouth than one of the humanoids to your right sprouts an arrow from its chest. It pauses for a moment in shock, then frantically looks to the skies and pulls out a crossbow from beneath its cloak. A quick glance upward reveals the shining form of Elesandira streaking through the sky, already prepared to loose another arrow.

Initiative:
22 Elesandira above and 30' north of nearest enemy
20 Zizzafalithax 110' east of nearest enemy
-- 3 wererats, 2 dire rats
13 Lummel 20' west of nearest enemy
-- 1 wererat, 3 dire rats
7 Bricker 80' east of nearest enemy
5 Alviss 100' west of nearest enemy

@Ziz: I forgot your higher base land speed for a small character and did my math wrong. You will be arriving 3 turns after Lummel, if you keep your planned pace.

The "combat field" is approximately 100' x 50'. I'm still working out the best way to depict it, I will improvise with a google docs spreadsheet if I can't find a program that works for me. I haven't had much luck with map tools, it seems... unintuitive.


female Half-Elf Ranger 5 (Hit Points 49 Current 54; AC 18; Initiative +3; Perception +14)

I attack the same foe again, firing two arrows.

attack1 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
damage1 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
attack2 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
damage2 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


HP50/50: AC 24/11/23: F+8/R+4/W+8: Init +1/Perception +2 unusual stonework

As Alviss is still three-plus turns away from the nearest enemy, he will just continue to push forward against the crowd flow, scanning for the cause of the disturbance, while bellowing "Remain calm" type statements. I will respond accordingly if something changes, but it seems silly to post the same "Alviss is coming!" post three more times.

Brushing off panicked folks running into him, How many people are at this Fair? I've waded through rockfalls faster than this!


Male hp: 19/52; AC:20/17/13; F+6, R+3, W+3; Initiative +6, Perception +3

MAP Round 1, missing Elesandira position.


female Half-Elf Ranger 5 (Hit Points 49 Current 54; AC 18; Initiative +3; Perception +14)
Lummel "foot down" Karson wrote:
MAP Round 1, missing Elesandira position.

I'm guessing I should be on P4, ish


Those who are advancing on the action don't need to post each turn, just chime in if you want to do something like a spell or ranged attack on your initiative.

@Lummel: At a barked command from the creature with them two of the large rats skitter toward you, approaching on either side and climbing nimbly over the rubble. The others have moved to take cover and raised their crossbows, they are firing up at Elesandira. One is visibly bloodied from her arrows- with a snarl it tears them from its hide and returns fire.

Actions, Attacks, Status:

Note: There are narrow (5') alleys between the buildings at columns 4 and 15
O9 --> 05, M9 --> L5 (Lummel gets an AoO due to the reach weapon, the one that started at O9 would get a cover bonus to AC from the cart)
M13-->M11 (the injured one), K14 --> K13, K15 --> J16
K17 is chewing on someone's arm
J10 & J11's action depend on how Lummel moves.

Crossbows @Elesandira: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 101d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 211d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 101d8 ⇒ 4= 4 damage
Rats @Lummel 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 221d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 <-- the second attack won't happen if your AoO kills one to prevent flanking, the first attack will also be at -2)
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4= 4 damage


Male hp: 19/52; AC:20/17/13; F+6, R+3, W+3; Initiative +6, Perception +3

When the two rats try to move around Lummel to flank him he swings Sweet edge in one smooth movement targeting both critters.
Combat Reflexes, I have 3 AoO in one round.

Rat in L5
Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Damage 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (4, 4) + 7 = 15

Rat in O5
Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Damage 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (3, 2) + 7 = 12

My next action depends on the result of the 2 AoO.

MAP update (red dot injured)


Demonstrating his skill with his weapon, Lummel neatly decapitates one of the rats, and takes a leg off of another.

I *love* combat reflexes when you get a chance to properly apply it! Both rats are out of the fight.


Male hp: 19/52; AC:20/17/13; F+6, R+3, W+3; Initiative +6, Perception +3

As Sweet Edge ends whistling in the air and the two rats drop on the ground Lummel steps forward and attacks the nearest Wererat.

Moving to L8 and attacking Wererat in N9
Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Damage 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (1, 3) + 7 = 11

Map updated, previous one was without coordinates


female Half-Elf Ranger 5 (Hit Points 49 Current 54; AC 18; Initiative +3; Perception +14)

loimpresto:

I'm guessing that the crossbow bolts are not magical, yes?
Just checking for my DR


Elesandira:
The bolts are not magic, your DR applies


HP: 18/18, AC 18 /15/11, F:+1,R:+5,W:+4, Init :+10, Percep: +10 (light sens), spells:1st:8 2nd :4

Ziz will continue to advance until he is within 80 ft, or so. as he does so he will use "megaphone" to speak to the crowd with the intent of calming and reassuring them.
diplomacy(+4 cha +2 trait): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

"do not worryssss, Ziz n Bricks n' Elsasss is on the way! pleassse no pushhh, yip! calm, yip, calm! walk nots run!"

3 rounds remaining before he arrives (possibly longer, if it is ruled that crowd management slows him).
spider climb 49 mins
megaphone 59 mins


@Lummel: The creature is wearing armor under its bulky cloak, and sweet edge fails to bite into the things flesh. With a hiss of rage the beast closes the distance between you and attacks! You're menaced from all sides as more of the large rats creep out from cover to bite at you, but you keep them at bay with your weapon's haft as you focus on the humanoid. Given its fury, the rat-thing wields its sword with surprising grace and almost quicker than your eye can follow its sword bites deeply into your thigh. 18 points of damage

Rolls & Actions:
J11 --> K8 (AoO, rat gets cover)
J10 --> K9 (or K8 if you kill the other rat)
N9 --> M8

Rat 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Rat 2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Wererat 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 271d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
To confirm the critical threat: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 211d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

By my count, you should be getting +11 to normal attacks and +12 to attacks of opportunity: +4STR, +5BAB, +1Enhancement, +1Polearm Training, +1Steadfast Pike (on AoO). Am I missing a penalty?

Initiative: Round 2:
22 Elesandira
20 Zizzafalithax 95' east of column 17
-- 3 wererats
13 Lummel
-- 1 wererat, 3 dire rats
7 Bricker 60' east of column 17
5 Alviss 80' west of column 5


Male hp: 19/52; AC:20/17/13; F+6, R+3, W+3; Initiative +6, Perception +3

GM:
You are right, I just forgot to sum all the bonus and write them down somewhere, so I miscalculated. I'll post the updated map as soon as I can, but I slept 2 hrs and have a long day ahead, so bear with me for a while. Thanks


female Half-Elf Ranger 5 (Hit Points 49 Current 54; AC 18; Initiative +3; Perception +14)

loimpresto:
Did my attacks hit?

1 to 50 of 515 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Heroes of Brindin's Ford - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.