Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Haunting of Brute Squad (Inactive)

Game Master ThorGN

PFS PBP, The Haunting of Hinojai, Level 5-6.


701 to 750 of 757 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Constructing the events in his mind Tanrov looks to Glory with an expression that says Shame on You!

He continues loudly and slowly.

"GLORY AND I ARE VERY SORRY. WE WILL BUY YOU A DRINK AND SEE TO YOUR BRUISES. NO HARD FEELINGS, YES?"

Tanrov offers Ashur his wand.

"Can you heal him?"

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 14

Charlotte puts her hand on her head at Tanrov. But can't help but have a small smile at Tanrov. Perhaps a book on the Tian language might help since we will be here a while.

Here gentlemen, allow me. Charlotte taps his main bruise on his leg.

Wand of CLW-My wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov beams, "Thanks Charly!"

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 14

Well, since we've found Glory, let's get going back to town. We do owe this gentleman a drink and we need to get those voices out of Erin's head

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov nods in agreement.

After lifting Erin up onto Glory's back he swings up top himself.


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

The farmer returns to town with you, he was headed there anyway, but makes sure to keep a healthy distance from Glory on the road. When you return, the towns folk seem surprised to see you, and some of them still give you space as you move through the square.

You meet Gansukh back at the inn. Oh, hello strangers from across the sea! How wonderful you have returned! I did not expect to see you again. A thought hits him, You are still yourself I hope?

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 14

For the most part we are. Says Charlotte, smiling in relief to see Gangsuk again. Gansuk, we need to know if there is a local priest that may be able to help me remove some injuries we got while were at the house.

Diplomacy Gather Info-In search of a Remove Curse scroll or potion as well as a church for Ashur's negative levels. 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Sczarni

Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

Erin allows people to shuffle her along back towards town, trying to keep from responding out loud to the voice in her head.

Erin looks up at Charlotte's mention of a drink.
"Do you think a drink may help this go away? If so, lots and lots of wine. Chelish red if you have it."
Then puts her head down heard on the table. At Gansukh's question, Erin lifts her head back up and mumbles.
"No, two people."
Then rests her head back on the table.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov gets Glory stabled (and supplied with some extra treats) and happily tells the story of Ashur's heroics within the haunted mansion to those that can understand him.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 14

She looks at Erin and then Gansuk and smiles. A small glass won’t kill her. But only one glass, she still has to be somewhat awake for the ritual.


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

Gansukh leads Charlotte to a local temple where she can purchase such a scroll or hire a local priest.

Ashur’s negative levels are not permanent and will fade with rest.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 14

Awesome! I purchase a scroll of Remove Curse from the priest to restore Erin. Does the other stuff Ashur got hit with require additional spell power?

Sczarni

Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27
Charlotte Amberdagger wrote:

Awesome! I purchase a scroll of Remove Curse from the priest to restore Erin. Does the other stuff Ashur got hit with require additional spell power?

Please take the cost of that scroll on my chronicle GM.


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

The townfolk are overjoyed to hear of the slaying of Minasako Himiju. They will no longer fear to stay out after sundown or stray too far from home. The innkeeper offers you dinner and a room for the night on the house.

Other stuff?

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 14

Now that Charlotte is in a better position to assess everyone's injuries, she takes a good look at Ashur. She swears in Celestial. Man. I wasted a spell. This is just fatigue damage. All he needs to do is REST! She pulls out a bottle of Chelish Wine. Guess is now a good time to use this. She pulls out the bottle and gives both Erin and Ashur one glass each.

Here. Take this, and go straight to bed. Erin, I'll be right behind you to make those voices go away.

I am refering to the -20 to HP and -4 to like EVERYthing. I also use the scroll to remove Erin's curse.

Sczarni

Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

"Okay."
She makes a grab for the bottle and leaves the glass on the table, taking a long drink and starts making her way upstairs.
"My head is killing me from all the yelling. I thank you Charlotte, for the wine."

Then to no one in particular.
"I am sorry brother, if you can hear me over all that anger."


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

All those effects are part of the negative levels and will fade with them.

Is there anything else any of you want to do before we head back to the Inner Sea? Speak with other locals? Give horse-back rides to the kids? Study the gathered texts with a little Comprehend Languages help? Learn the secret of making really good eggrolls?

Sczarni

Raging Tiefling Ranger(Guide) 4/Barbarian 2/Horizon Walker 3 (HP: 92/96 ; AC:28/24, T:13, FF:24; Fort:+14 Ref:+10 Will:+5 (+1 versus poisons, disease, fear, and confusion); Init+2; Perception+13(Barkskin)

After Charlotte pours the two glasses, Ashur rudely takes the bottle and downs the rest.

Sczarni

Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

When I am sane again I need ot do some robe shopping, haha. On a serious note, I have the scrolls form that secret room that need read.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 14

Ashur's takes the bottle out of her hand and drinks the entire bottle in front of her. Well I guess it was a good thing I didn't give them the expensive bottle

As she escorts both Ashur and Erin to bed, she reads the scroll to break the curse on Erin.

Spell Caster Check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 -- if that fails, please put the scroll cost on my chronicle sheet.


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

The scroll has no effect on Erin’s current state of mind.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Once Tanrov feels he's made amends to the poor man Glory trampled, he goes for a ride in the countryside.

If any locals show interest, he invites them along.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 14

Charlotte looks, and hears Erin still mumbling to the voices in her head. Damnit.

I go out to hire the priest to preform the service. Please put the cost on my chronicle for not having it prepared. Lessons learned.


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

You can make that in character decision, but OOC you could always wait until tomorrow and do it yourself. That bottle of wine should knock her out good.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Does anyone go riding with Tanrov?

Sczarni

Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

Whooooooo! Wine!


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

A small Tian boy, with tussled black hair and dirty feet, shows an interest in Glory as Tanrov rides through the town. He is hesitant at first, but then agrees to ride along with the young barbarian on his mighty steed, screaming for joy the whole way around the town.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov is happy to have the boy along for the ride and really lets the big animal let loose as he gallops around outside the town.

The boy'ss cheers make him think about his brothers.

I wonder what Taurus is up to...

When the ride is done, Tanrov takes the tian boy down and sends him on his way and then sees to Glory's care. He removes the saddle and pads, brushes him down, checks his hooves for any debris, and then feeds and waters him.

Feeling better about the day's activities, Tanrov finds his room and goes to sleep.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Arkwright relaxes as Erin is cured and helps Tanrov rub down Glory before going off to bed.

Sczarni

Raging Tiefling Ranger(Guide) 4/Barbarian 2/Horizon Walker 3 (HP: 92/96 ; AC:28/24, T:13, FF:24; Fort:+14 Ref:+10 Will:+5 (+1 versus poisons, disease, fear, and confusion); Init+2; Perception+13(Barkskin)

Ashur acquires another bottle of wine before heading off to bed. He just wants to forget this day ever happened.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

I also make sure to prepare Read Magic so I can read that spellbook.

Sczarni

Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

Erin kills the whole bottle in a hope to drown everything out and collapses in bed for the night.


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

The spellbook contains: ice storm, major image, shout, displacement, fly, lightning bolt, slow, wind wall, blur, gust of wind, invisibility, minor image, scorching ray, alarm, burning hands, mage armor, magic missile, shocking grasp, shield, charm person, grease, shadow conjuration,
and wall of ice.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

If I wasn't extraordinarily slack and not failing to keep track of spells known like I am now, that might be handy.
Maybe now is the time to repent...

Andoran

Male Gnome Summoner 6 49/49 hp / AC 25 temp (20) / T15 / F16 / F +4 R +5 W +6 / Ini +4 Per +5

Yandu tries to buy 2 scrolls of Comprehend Language. He will use them
To deciver the papers and letters they found.

UMD : 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

GM:

Looking for incriminating information about the major of the town.
If I can't find anything then I will likely give up.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 14

I'll rest and give it a try the next day. If that fails, I'm getting the priest.

Charlotte seeing Ashur and Erin drift off to sleep, she goes back downstairs and pulls the books out of her bag. Seeing Gansuk, she asks him to translate the books as best he can for her.

Linguistics Check to help? 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

Of the books you obtained there are several of note, and some others on poetry, torture, warfare, and history that are not.

There is one document that seems a mundane description of local merchants, but there may be more to it that meets the eye. Knowledge (local) or Linguistics check.

Another document is a fascinating book on military history. Knowledge (history) or Sense Motive check.

There is a record of all of the members of the Way of Kirin from a thousand years ado. This may prove very useful if the Society want to locate any surviving members today.

There is also Minasako’s journal detailing her falling out and disillusionment with the Way, and her subsequent rituals in order to obtain her immortality including the countless murders and other heinous crimes she committed.

Andoran

Male Gnome Summoner 6 49/49 hp / AC 25 temp (20) / T15 / F16 / F +4 R +5 W +6 / Ini +4 Per +5

Yandu looks interested if Minasako had any dealings with the tax collector in the crimes mentioned in the journal.


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

Minasako’s journal does not mention the tax collector. But Gansukh knows of him and is a little afraid of him.


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

The next morning is sunny and bright with ocean breezes swirling through the town.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov gets up, tends to Glory, and then joins the others for breakfast.

"So where to next?", the young barbarian asks excitedly.

"Don't say back to Hinojai..."

Sczarni

Raging Tiefling Ranger(Guide) 4/Barbarian 2/Horizon Walker 3 (HP: 92/96 ; AC:28/24, T:13, FF:24; Fort:+14 Ref:+10 Will:+5 (+1 versus poisons, disease, fear, and confusion); Init+2; Perception+13(Barkskin)

"I'm not planning on going back there."

Sczarni

Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

Erin is very likely going to need to be dragged out of her room, hopefully with a remove curse from Charlotte, haha.


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

Upon your return, the information you bring on the Way of Kirin sets the society abuzz. The 10 make some discrete inquires to obtain Hinojai as a regional base, after the haunts have been cleared out of course, in hopes that the Way may make contact. Anticipation builds on what the distant continent may bring for the Pathfinder Society.

Feel free to make any final in character comments you wish.

Andoran

Male Gnome Summoner 6 49/49 hp / AC 25 temp (20) / T15 / F16 / F +4 R +5 W +6 / Ini +4 Per +5

You see Yandu often on the deck of the ship. A burned piece of wood and a knife in his hand. It takes nearly half the way back until it becomes recognisable.

Some dark black tentacles - carved from wood.

He proudly shows it around - to surprise you all when he throws it overboard.

The second carving he does - a dolphin - out of a white piece of wood gets a better fate.

Craft Woodcarving Dayjob 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 14

Before she goes to bed, she attempts all of her checks

Sense Motive on Miltary Documents: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Linguistics on the information about the local merchants:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

In the early morning before dawn, Charlotte arises and begins to prepare her spells. As an extra precaution to last night's fiasco with the scroll, she makes sure to prep three castings of the ritual required to remove curses. While the sun rises she preforms the first round of rituals.

Caster Check:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Noticing the spell fizzles, she preforms the ritual for a second time.

Caster Level Check 2:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Growing incredibly frustrated, she attempts one final time to complete the ritual.

Caster level check final:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

After three attempts and now heavily exhausted to continue spellcasting. She returns to a church and hires a priest to remove the curse. All the while swearing in celestial. This is why I don't do healing spells. I like my cool unique spells. *swears in celestial some more* I should have become an inquisitor like my sister in law Tessara. Then I wouldn't be expected to heal things..*more swearing in celestial*


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

Charlotte is unable to glean anything else from the gathered documents.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human [Shoanti] 10

Tanrov couldn't be happier to be back in Absalom and, after bidding farewell to his comrades new and old, he leaves to hunt down his brother and tell him about the strange and terrible things he saw (that Horns killed).

Sczarni

Raging Tiefling Ranger(Guide) 4/Barbarian 2/Horizon Walker 3 (HP: 92/96 ; AC:28/24, T:13, FF:24; Fort:+14 Ref:+10 Will:+5 (+1 versus poisons, disease, fear, and confusion); Init+2; Perception+13(Barkskin)

Ashur is also happy to be away from Hinojai, being thoroughly convinced that everything in Tian Xia is out to kill him. He spends more time searching out tunnels to get better acquainted with them, and just generally walking the horizon.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 14

Before they leave town, a priest comes in to remove the curse on Erin. As Erin is restored, she thanks the priest and wishes him well. They exchange copies of each other's holy texts as a sign of good faith, and sharing the knowledge of mutual faiths.

Upon returning to Absalom, she stops by the Society's "Customs Item Check" and turns in all her books and special items. After debriefing, she returns home to the Amberdagger/Stormslayer compound in the Eastgate District by Evergreen Park. Plopping down her books and adventurers gear, she is immediately greeted by her sister-in-law and head of the the household Ophelia. The Lady Bishop of the Church of Sarenrae in Absalom.

Home again. Welcome back. I trust Sarenrae has granted you great providence? She asks

For the most part she did. But I am going to need some serious sleep and study time concerning healing spells. Charlotte replies.

How so? Ophelia asks surprised

It's a long story, I'll tell you over tea. Ophelia and Charlotte walk to the parlor where tea already awaits them.

701 to 750 of 757 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Haunting of Brute Squad All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.