Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

The Half-Dead City and other Twisted Tales

Game Master aptinuviel

The second book of the Mummy's Mask Adventure Path

The Archeological Discoveries, or loot.

Panic Level: 16


2,351 to 2,400 of 2,602 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>

Female | HP: 14/18 | AC:13 / FF: 10 / Touch: 13 | Fort:+ 1 / Reflex: +4 / Will: +6 | Init: +6 / Per: +12 Elf Wizard / 4

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

"It looks as if those harnesses the hyenas are wearing have attachments for leashes. I am guessing that this is the Silver Chain's version of having guard dogs."


hp 40 AC 17/17/15 Fort +6 (+2 vs. hot weather), Ref +6, Will +6 Skills Acrobatics +8 (+16 jump), Climb +7, Escape Artist +6, Kn:religion +4, Kn:nobles +5; Kn:history +4; Sense Motive +10, Stealth +8; swim +7 Init +8; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


hp 40 AC 17/17/15 Fort +6 (+2 vs. hot weather), Ref +6, Will +6 Skills Acrobatics +8 (+16 jump), Climb +7, Escape Artist +6, Kn:religion +4, Kn:nobles +5; Kn:history +4; Sense Motive +10, Stealth +8; swim +7 Init +8; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10

Round 1 Ini 14

The vermin of the desert. Seemingly abused by some sick and twisted mind. Let´s clear this. I´ll take the single one.

FoA: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 131d8 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

FoA: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 211d8 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


Aasimar Bard 4, HP 31/31, AC 17 [T: 13, FF: 15], Per +9, F: +4/R: +7/W: +5, Init +4

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Round 1 - Initiative 8

Erei will attempt to stand behind the frontliners and stab at the nearest hyena.

Longspear: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

Active Effects: Flagbearer (+1 morale to attack/damage)


Almathea, go ahead and take a surprise round action and first round action.


Female | HP: 14/18 | AC:13 / FF: 10 / Touch: 13 | Fort:+ 1 / Reflex: +4 / Will: +6 | Init: +6 / Per: +12 Elf Wizard / 4

Surprise Round

Almathea lays Grease down underneath the two hyenas to the south.

"I really hate when people use poor animals like this."

Round 1
Init 17

Thea will throw a blob of acid at one of the hyenas to the south.

ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Both hyenas sprawl in the grease ludicrously.

Almathea's acid splashes over one of the creatures and its laughter rises into hysteric yips.

Round 1: Initiative 17

The hyena to the north rushes forward to snap at Marnarius, but fails to catch its prey.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

One of the hyenas to the south manages to stand and shuffles forward out of the grease to bite at Nevai, slinking under the man's shield and biting down on his ankle. Nevai falls down to the ground as the hyena pulls away with bloody teeth.

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Trip: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 6) + 6 = 16

The mage! You hear a voice cry from behind the crates as two men appear out of nowhere, firing hand crossbows. One small bolt ricochets off the door frame, splintering but doing no harm. The other catches Almathea in the shoulder.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage: 1d4 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + (2, 4) = 7

Leto's first arrow flies wide of the hyena, shattering off the floor. The second slams into the creature and it drops to the ground under Marnarius' feet. Erei's attack slides off the wild creature's leather armor.

One hyena remains prone. Another is standing next to a prone Nevai, slightly singed by acid. Two men, one to the north and one on the other side of the grease to the south, are poised to attack again.


Male Human (Garundi) Cleric 4 | 31/31 | Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9 (+1 vs. Divine) | AC 18, T 10, FF 18, CMD 16 | Perc. +7 | Init +0

"Leave the hyenas to me, deal with the archers," Nevai cried as he toppled to the ground.

Round 1, Init 11

Nevai began a prayer to Horus in the tongue of ancient Osirion, but the speech slurred into the shriek of a falcon before ending in the cackling laughter of the hyenas.

Casting calm animals defensively, DC 17: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Hit Dice affected: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7

Affects up to 7 hit dice of hyenas, starting with the one right next to me, DC 15 Will.


Aasimar Bard 4, HP 31/31, AC 17 [T: 13, FF: 15], Per +9, F: +4/R: +7/W: +5, Init +4

Round 2 - Initiatve 8

Erei, seeing the ambushers, will start to sing.

Active Effects: Flagbearer (+1 morale to attack/damage), Inspire Courage (+1)


Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The hyena next to Nevai whimpers and its laughter sounds almost like a hiccup as it sits down and whines, licking its wound. The other continues to slide around in the grease trying to stand.


Half-elf Slayer/4 AC 16 T 12 FF 14|HP: 39/40| F: +6/R: +6/W: +2| Init: +4 Perc: +13/+15 traps SM: +8

Round 1, Init 8

Marnarius closes with the ambushers, slicing at one.

+1 kukri: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Slashing damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Female | HP: 14/18 | AC:13 / FF: 10 / Touch: 13 | Fort:+ 1 / Reflex: +4 / Will: +6 | Init: +6 / Per: +12 Elf Wizard / 4

Thea will toss another blob of acid at the same hyena if it is still up, otherwise she targets the next closest one.

ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


hp 40 AC 17/17/15 Fort +6 (+2 vs. hot weather), Ref +6, Will +6 Skills Acrobatics +8 (+16 jump), Climb +7, Escape Artist +6, Kn:religion +4, Kn:nobles +5; Kn:history +4; Sense Motive +10, Stealth +8; swim +7 Init +8; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10

Fatality! shouts Leto as one of his arrows pierces the hyenas eye and comes out of her eye of Sauron on the other side again.

He lets fly 2 more arrows, trying to finish the rest of the desert vermin.

FoA: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 261d8 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

FoA: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 221d8 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


Marnarius steps forward and slashes at one of the thugs, coming away with quite a lot of blood.

Almathea's acid burns the hyena as it gives off its odd mixture of whine and laughter. Shortly after, Leto's arrows slay both of the beasts.

Round 2: Initiative 17

The two thugs both step back, one holding his side (and possibly trying to hold in a few organs), and pull out potions. After drinking them, they both disappear.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 20 = 41
Stealth: 1d20 + 10 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 20 = 44

While any perception checks will be difficult, I'll allow a DC 20 Wisdom check to guess where they've decided to go.


Aasimar Bard 4, HP 31/31, AC 17 [T: 13, FF: 15], Per +9, F: +4/R: +7/W: +5, Init +4

Erei will stop singing but keep hold of his spear as he looks around. Well that was interesting.


Half-elf Slayer/4 AC 16 T 12 FF 14|HP: 39/40| F: +6/R: +6/W: +2| Init: +4 Perc: +13/+15 traps SM: +8

Marnarius studies the ground where they stood, looking for tracks (and a possible blood trail) to figure out where they might be headed.

Survival check to track: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Female | HP: 14/18 | AC:13 / FF: 10 / Touch: 13 | Fort:+ 1 / Reflex: +4 / Will: +6 | Init: +6 / Per: +12 Elf Wizard / 4

Almathea will cast See Invisibility on herself.


Male Human (Garundi) Cleric 4 | 31/31 | Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9 (+1 vs. Divine) | AC 18, T 10, FF 18, CMD 16 | Perc. +7 | Init +0

Nevai stood and healed himself.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Half-elf Slayer/4 AC 16 T 12 FF 14|HP: 39/40| F: +6/R: +6/W: +2| Init: +4 Perc: +13/+15 traps SM: +8

"I could use some of that, if you don't mind/"


hp 40 AC 17/17/15 Fort +6 (+2 vs. hot weather), Ref +6, Will +6 Skills Acrobatics +8 (+16 jump), Climb +7, Escape Artist +6, Kn:religion +4, Kn:nobles +5; Kn:history +4; Sense Motive +10, Stealth +8; swim +7 Init +8; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10

WIS: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Totally forgot about those two!

Where did they go?


You're still in combat, so go ahead and post actions. They're invisible, not gone. Marnarius, despite the large amount of blood everywhere, you think your target just backed up another ten feet or so to the northern wall.


Aasimar Bard 4, HP 31/31, AC 17 [T: 13, FF: 15], Per +9, F: +4/R: +7/W: +5, Init +4

Round 3 - Initiative 8

Erei will ready an action to attack anyone in range that turns visible.

Longspear: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 4

Active Effects: Flagbearer (+1 morale to attack/damage), Inspire Courage (+1) (2 rounds remaining)


hp 40 AC 17/17/15 Fort +6 (+2 vs. hot weather), Ref +6, Will +6 Skills Acrobatics +8 (+16 jump), Climb +7, Escape Artist +6, Kn:religion +4, Kn:nobles +5; Kn:history +4; Sense Motive +10, Stealth +8; swim +7 Init +8; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10

Blockade all exits!

Leto rushes to blockade the far off exit in the north.

I take it we are in the room with the water and if they enter the water, that should be somehow visible?


They won't be visible in the water, but you would hear them enter almost certainly.


hp 40 AC 17/17/15 Fort +6 (+2 vs. hot weather), Ref +6, Will +6 Skills Acrobatics +8 (+16 jump), Climb +7, Escape Artist +6, Kn:religion +4, Kn:nobles +5; Kn:history +4; Sense Motive +10, Stealth +8; swim +7 Init +8; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10

The idea is to block the two room exits so they can´t escape invisible and get reinforcements.


Male Human (Garundi) Cleric 4 | 31/31 | Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9 (+1 vs. Divine) | AC 18, T 10, FF 18, CMD 16 | Perc. +7 | Init +0

Round 3, Init 11

Nevai followed Leto's lead and slammed the door they had entered through shut.

"Thea, can you see them?"


Almathea, you can see one backed up against the north wall, bleeding, but still standing. The other has circled around to stand over the ramp going down into the water directly across from the door you entered.


Female | HP: 14/18 | AC:13 / FF: 10 / Touch: 13 | Fort:+ 1 / Reflex: +4 / Will: +6 | Init: +6 / Per: +12 Elf Wizard / 4

Round 3
Init 17

Almathea nearly twirls in a circle as she looks around trying to spot both men.

She points to both of them as she says where they are. "The one that Marnius slashed is backed up against the north wall, bleeding, but still standing. The other man has circled around to stand over the ramp going down into the water directly across from the door we entered. Likely he's either going for help or just trying escape and save his own skin"

Almathea throws a blob of acid at the man at the ramp, moving closer if she needs to for range.

ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Half-elf Slayer/4 AC 16 T 12 FF 14|HP: 39/40| F: +6/R: +6/W: +2| Init: +4 Perc: +13/+15 traps SM: +8

"Take down the wounded one!"


hp 40 AC 17/17/15 Fort +6 (+2 vs. hot weather), Ref +6, Will +6 Skills Acrobatics +8 (+16 jump), Climb +7, Escape Artist +6, Kn:religion +4, Kn:nobles +5; Kn:history +4; Sense Motive +10, Stealth +8; swim +7 Init +8; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10

Leto took a move action in his third round, think it´s double move, not sure. Some perception on top.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Almathea casts a spell, while Marnarius searches for the enemy. Nevai heals himself, and Leto rushes off to block the southern (I assume that's the one you meant) door. Erei stands ready to attack anything that becomes visible.

Almathea shouts and throws acid, which seems to hit something.

Round 3: Initiative 17

There is a visible and loud splash as something throws themselves into the water, but as the surface calms, there is nothing to see. Other than that, the room is quiet.

Almathea:
The thug near the water dove in and is now swimming underwater towards the exit. The other has drawn a shortsword but remains leaning against the north wall.


Female | HP: 14/18 | AC:13 / FF: 10 / Touch: 13 | Fort:+ 1 / Reflex: +4 / Will: +6 | Init: +6 / Per: +12 Elf Wizard / 4

Round 4
Init 17

"The injured one is still against the north wall and has a sword! The one neat the water just dove into it and is swimming towards the exit!"

Thea will move up as much as she needs to in order to throw another blob of acid at the one swimming now.

ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


hp 40 AC 17/17/15 Fort +6 (+2 vs. hot weather), Ref +6, Will +6 Skills Acrobatics +8 (+16 jump), Climb +7, Escape Artist +6, Kn:religion +4, Kn:nobles +5; Kn:history +4; Sense Motive +10, Stealth +8; swim +7 Init +8; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10

Where exactly? I can´t see him! Point at him please!

Leto will shoot wherever Alma points too. Might have to move a bit again though.

FoA: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 251d8 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

FoA: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 151d8 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


Female | HP: 14/18 | AC:13 / FF: 10 / Touch: 13 | Fort:+ 1 / Reflex: +4 / Will: +6 | Init: +6 / Per: +12 Elf Wizard / 4

Almathea points as Leto requests. "There!"


The blob of acid splashes against the surface of the water.

Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 81
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 59

Both of Leto's arrows slam into the thug, who slumps against the wall as he becomes visible in death. He slows slides down, leaving a streak of blood on the stone. His sword clatters to the floor.


hp 40 AC 17/17/15 Fort +6 (+2 vs. hot weather), Ref +6, Will +6 Skills Acrobatics +8 (+16 jump), Climb +7, Escape Artist +6, Kn:religion +4, Kn:nobles +5; Kn:history +4; Sense Motive +10, Stealth +8; swim +7 Init +8; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10

Good catch Alma! There´s no escaping us!

Should we retrieve him or directly continue to see where this door leads? We could check the water way laters as well.


Male Human (Garundi) Cleric 4 | 31/31 | Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9 (+1 vs. Divine) | AC 18, T 10, FF 18, CMD 16 | Perc. +7 | Init +0

"The other one is still in the water. Watch for ripples or bubbles."


hp 40 AC 17/17/15 Fort +6 (+2 vs. hot weather), Ref +6, Will +6 Skills Acrobatics +8 (+16 jump), Climb +7, Escape Artist +6, Kn:religion +4, Kn:nobles +5; Kn:history +4; Sense Motive +10, Stealth +8; swim +7 Init +8; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10

Mh i had the one in the water in mind. Not sure if that one would be more difficult or easier to hit.


It would, indeed, have been much more difficult to target the one in the water. They're currently beneath the surface and Almathea can only see him because of see invisibility.


hp 40 AC 17/17/15 Fort +6 (+2 vs. hot weather), Ref +6, Will +6 Skills Acrobatics +8 (+16 jump), Climb +7, Escape Artist +6, Kn:religion +4, Kn:nobles +5; Kn:history +4; Sense Motive +10, Stealth +8; swim +7 Init +8; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10

Well let´s move on then. I don´t see a way to prevent him from escaping right now.


Half-elf Slayer/4 AC 16 T 12 FF 14|HP: 39/40| F: +6/R: +6/W: +2| Init: +4 Perc: +13/+15 traps SM: +8

Knowledge (Local) check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

"Where is this going to come out? Pools of water can't be very common around here."


Female | HP: 14/18 | AC:13 / FF: 10 / Touch: 13 | Fort:+ 1 / Reflex: +4 / Will: +6 | Init: +6 / Per: +12 Elf Wizard / 4

Good question, if we know where it lets out we can go and wait for him there.


From the smell of the water, you expect that it exits into the canals of the surrounding area. The water is only about two feet deep near the dock but quickly drops a few feat as it opens up into a subterranean canal that you're sure leads to the canals outside.

If you wish to pursue, give me some swim checks.

A quick search of the thug reveals several bottles, including a potion of cure light wounds, alchemist’s fire, and holy water. His armor is well made, and he was carrying a hand crossbow with 9 bolts as well as a short sword. In a small pack he had a sap, antitoxin, climber’s kit, crowbar, masterwork thieves’ tools, two sunrods, and 5 gp. Around his wrist he wore a silver chain similar to some of the other thugs.

The hyenas both have filthy leather barding, but it's salvageable if you realy wish to try to sell it.

Appraise DC 20:
The silver chain is worth 75gp.

The door to the south has been boarded over, but they seem like they'd be easy to remove.


Half-elf Slayer/4 AC 16 T 12 FF 14|HP: 39/40| F: +6/R: +6/W: +2| Init: +4 Perc: +13/+15 traps SM: +8

"Let's hurry up and get through here--he might bring reinforcements."

GM L, I updated the loot list, but had a couple of questions. Is the hand crossbow masterwork, like the ones we got from the others? What kind of armor is he wearing, and is it masterwork as well?


The armor is leather and the hand crossbow is, indeed, masterwork.


Half-elf Slayer/4 AC 16 T 12 FF 14|HP: 39/40| F: +6/R: +6/W: +2| Init: +4 Perc: +13/+15 traps SM: +8

Got it.


Male Human (Garundi) Cleric 4 | 31/31 | Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9 (+1 vs. Divine) | AC 18, T 10, FF 18, CMD 16 | Perc. +7 | Init +0

Nevai moved to start removing the boards from the door.

"Thea, you'll have to be our eyes I guess, in case he tries to double back. You're likely to be his preferred target if he does try to attack anyways, he'll know you can see him approach. Otherwise... haste seems likely to be our friend."


The boards are easily removed, though the door behind is locked. Marnarius makes short work of it and you're able to open the door after a quick check reveals no traps.

Beakers, cauldrons, and other alchemical equipment crowd several tables in the cramped room that lies beyond. A decomposing body sprawls across the floor, its face concealed behind a brass funerary mask.

Perception DC 15:
As you open the door you detect the pungent scent of some gas.


hp 40 AC 17/17/15 Fort +6 (+2 vs. hot weather), Ref +6, Will +6 Skills Acrobatics +8 (+16 jump), Climb +7, Escape Artist +6, Kn:religion +4, Kn:nobles +5; Kn:history +4; Sense Motive +10, Stealth +8; swim +7 Init +8; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Beware, something smells foul here is all Leto says before the puts his hand over his nose and holds his breath.


Heal or Craft (alchemy), DC 15:
You recognize the smell of a gas that causes confusion and temporary madness. You believe that it will dissipate given a few minutes time.

2,351 to 2,400 of 2,602 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Half-Dead City and other Twisted Tales All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.