Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Great (Pathfinder) Society...in Magnimar!

Game Master Eric Swanson

Shattered Star AP...undertaken by a roving band of misfits...errr scholars...errr...heroes, he he.


151 to 200 of 3,451 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Rogue 4, Passive Perception = 20, AC = 19, T = 15, FF = 15, HP= 26/26

"That would explain a great deal, Gared. However, I cannot reason this to be the work of just one person. There is definitely something 'ghostly' about some of the things we have come across so far. Perhaps the ghost has an accomplice..." Horven whispers, his words trailing off at the end. He recalls the eight.

Iomedae is a goddess of justice, but Sir Rekkart does not seem to care about more than flaunting the "fact" that Jabin Mord was found guilty.


Male Dwarf Zen Archer Monk 3//Preacher 1, HP: 38/38, AC(wMA) 20 /t 16 /f 18, F 8, R 4, W 9,(+3 vs spells/poison) Init +2, PasPer 21(23 stone), Darkvision 60'

"Aye. I thought something of though same. Though I'll be plannin' on having a word with the bastard if I find out he did this out of malice." In his anger, Gared's dwarven accent found a way through in his voice.

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

As Gared heads up the right staircase, he motions for the other jurors to wait downstairs while the four heroes move up the stairs. At the top of the stairs is a landing with a pair of double doors to the south.

Not finding anything unusual about these doors, Gared pulls open the doors. As he gets a good look around the room, he sees this is some kind of lounge. Fine leather couches and a mahogany table now covered in a thick layer of dust stand undisturbed around this chamber. Portraits line the walls here with plaques bearing names below, both now obscured with thick cobwebs. A simple iron icebox sits in one corner of the room, a few empty bottles perched precariously atop it.

As the group moves into the room, weapons and spells on the ready, Ganer finds his eyes drawn to a particular portrait on the wall. This reads "Silman Trabe" and as he feels the portrait almost staring at him, he sees the room fade away...

Ganer:
You feel another vision overtake you, what must be a continuation of your previous vision.

“Jarbin Mord. For the brutal and savage slaying of your own wife and six-year old boy, it is the verdict of this jury, with which I concur wholeheartedly, that you shall hang by your neck until dead. May the gods take mercy on your blackened soul.” Silence falls over the courtroom in the wake of this pronouncement of doom. The faces of the assembled crowd grow solemn as everyone feels the finality of the sentence, with a few exceptions. Several members of the assembled jury are smirking at each other. The hobgoblin, halfling, gnome, and young woman all seem both pleased and highly amused by this turn of events.

Fortunately the vision does not last long, and Ganer finds himself back in the present (although probably wishing he was elsewhere still).

MAP

TIME 7:15 pm, T plus 1 hour 15 minutes.


male Tiefling (Rakshasa Spawn) Oracle 4 Passive Perception 14

After the vision, Ganer put his hand to his head, as if to steady himself, and indeed, he didn't seem surefooted for a long moment. "They delighted in it." He said, anger roiling through his voice. "A man was sentanced to die, and they smiled at each other as though someone had told a joke! I suggest our suspicions of this lot begin with Patrissa, Madge, the gnome, and dead Malgrim!"

After taking a moment to calm himself, Ganer added, "We should watch Killian too, though for the opposite reason. I believe he knows the truth, and might be seeking to draw it into the light. He seems to be playing coy, and never seems quite willing to let the matter of Mord's guilt stand unanswered." After having his say, Ganer hobbled toward the portrait, wondering if there was any significance to it, or if it had just been the last thing he noticed before Irori had seen fit to reveal a new truth. He ran his hand over the bottom of the frame, and spoke the name, "Silman Trabe," When he realized that all eyes were surely upon him, he added, "This might be important as well."

It is a lot harder than I ever realized to describe a characters reactions when that character is covered by a large cloak, and thus, most of the biggest reactions that you weould mention are hidden from view.


Male Halfling Rogue 4, Passive Perception = 20, AC = 19, T = 15, FF = 15, HP= 26/26

"Ganer, what are you going on about?" Horven asks, obviously confused. After a moment or two of dwelling on Ganer's outburst, he continues. "Well, before anything can be done about it, we must find proof and be better than they were."


Male Dwarf Zen Archer Monk 3//Preacher 1, HP: 38/38, AC(wMA) 20 /t 16 /f 18, F 8, R 4, W 9,(+3 vs spells/poison) Init +2, PasPer 21(23 stone), Darkvision 60'

"How would you know that tall one?" Gared quired. His face was still dark with anger, and the Ganer's statement just seemed to fan the flames. "I don't mean to say that I don't believe ye, but there's been all manner of strangeness afoot and it would be good to be hearin' how you think so." His face softened a bit when Horven spoke. "Delivering justice should not be an act that any enjoy..."


Male Ratfolk Wizard/1{HP 6 | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 11 | CMB -2 | CMD 11 | F +0| R +3| W +3| Init +3 | Per +3}

"Even if we were to deliver justice there is rather a few of them and only 4 of us. We could probably take them but it would be brutal." He looks about at his surroundings "Besides is this not punishment enough. " He walks over to the picture and studies it trying to remember anything useless about the name.

Knowledge Local:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

Ratclif:
Studying the portraits, you realize fairly quickly these are all of the judges who have presided over cases here at the courthouse. The last portrait of the judge Silman Trabe was the judge here 10 years ago, which would have made him the presiding judge on Jabrin Mord trial.

As the four of you mill about near the entrance to the lounge, you hear someone approaching. Turning back to the stairs, you see the old dwarf Tablark approaching. "Ever'thin OK up 'ere?"


Male Dwarf Zen Archer Monk 3//Preacher 1, HP: 38/38, AC(wMA) 20 /t 16 /f 18, F 8, R 4, W 9,(+3 vs spells/poison) Init +2, PasPer 21(23 stone), Darkvision 60'

Gared called back down to the dwarf, his tone almost friendly. "Aye. There be no sign of the ghost yet, but we be moving slowly to be careful." The dwarven accent seemed to be flowing more thickly from Gared, as if he was remembering how to speak a language after years of little practice. As he speaks, he cautiously moved over to the ice box in the corner of the room and examined yet.


Male Ratfolk Wizard/1{HP 6 | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 11 | CMB -2 | CMD 11 | F +0| R +3| W +3| Init +3 | Per +3}

Ratcliff puts his fingers on the painting "Silman Trabe. He was the judge presiding over the Jabrin Mord trial." He is startled when the Dwarf comes up the stairs "Yes yes I am at least. What happened to Silman. Why isn't he here."

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

As Gared moves towards the icebox, Tablark replies to him, "Aye, I gotcha, it be OK if we come up 'ere? Th' ladies be gettin' a tad....nervous down 'ere."

Inside the icebox, Gared discovers only one item: A jar filled with an almost colorless liquid (slightly grayish tinged). Floating in the jar, he notes several objects floating in the liquid.

Heal check DC 10:
With a sense of revulsion, you realize these are severed toes from a humanoid creature.


male Tiefling (Rakshasa Spawn) Oracle 4 Passive Perception 14

"I am sorry, I should have mentioned it earlier, since I was a child, Irori has granted me visions. After looking at this painting, I saw a view of the courthouse when Mord was sentenced. The four I named were grinning like a cat that got the mouse."


Male Halfling Rogue 4, Passive Perception = 20, AC = 19, T = 15, FF = 15, HP= 26/26

Horven nods slightly. He decides to appeal to Tablark again, hoping to gain some insight on some things.

"Tell me, Tablark, how well do you know the rest of the jurors? Ebin seems a bit strange to be a juror, Madge is...er, pretty...but fairly athletic too, and Patrissa seems to be well-bred and also not a typical juror."

Diplomacy Check:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

Tablark enters the lounge and glances around the chamber disinterestedly. When he hears Horven's question, he smiles amiably, "Well...can't say I know any of th' other jurors all that well, though I 'ave seen Madge perforn in th' streets of Absalom 'fore. Plus that Rekkart fellow be an upstanding gentleman." His voices lowers some as he continues. "Aye, that gnome be a slippery one. I dinnae trust 'im. As fer Patrissa...well she be a...nice lady, I s'ppose."

He then notices the jar which Gared is examining and walks over to him. "What did ye find there?"


Male Dwarf Zen Archer Monk 3//Preacher 1, HP: 38/38, AC(wMA) 20 /t 16 /f 18, F 8, R 4, W 9,(+3 vs spells/poison) Init +2, PasPer 21(23 stone), Darkvision 60'

Heal:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Gared examined the floating objects dubiously. " I can't be fer sure, but I think there might be something not so savry' in here. Anyone want to have a look? "

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

OK weekend is over...back to work, he he.

As the heroes continue to ponder the strange contents of the jar, they are momentarily distracted by the appearance of the rest of the jurors (assuming no one objects to them being nearby.)

None of them take much notice with the contents of the lounge, except for one person...

"Guhhh--ooohhh....AHHHhhhhoooo..."

The sound breaks your reverie and you can see the source of the sound is the half orc Halgrak. There is a look of horror on his face, and also....something in his eyes...is it...recognition?

Sense Motive checks please.


Male Halfling Rogue 4, Passive Perception = 20, AC = 19, T = 15, FF = 15, HP= 26/26

Sense Motive:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Dwarf Zen Archer Monk 3//Preacher 1, HP: 38/38, AC(wMA) 20 /t 16 /f 18, F 8, R 4, W 9,(+3 vs spells/poison) Init +2, PasPer 21(23 stone), Darkvision 60'

Sense motive:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


male Tiefling (Rakshasa Spawn) Oracle 4 Passive Perception 14

Sense Motive:
1d20 ⇒ 20

Wow, I seem to be doing best with untrained skills. . .Of course, I really ought to know better than to say things like that.


Male Ratfolk Wizard/1{HP 6 | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 11 | CMB -2 | CMD 11 | F +0| R +3| W +3| Init +3 | Per +3}

Sense Motive:
1d20 ⇒ 3

You've doomed us all :P

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

Ganer and Horven only:
Although the half orc tried to stifle his cries and hide the look of recognition from you, it is unmistakeable. He definitely recognized the contents of the jar, and furthermore whatever is in there caused him to remember something horrible, a past event he was trying desperately to bury from his memories.


Male Halfling Rogue 4, Passive Perception = 20, AC = 19, T = 15, FF = 15, HP= 26/26

"Here, Gared," Horven says, taking the jar and inspecting it.

Heal Check:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

"So, Halgrak...something you'd like to tell us?"


male Tiefling (Rakshasa Spawn) Oracle 4 Passive Perception 14

"Let me handle this," Ganer said quietly to Horven. He led Halgrak away from the rest of the group, and then spoke quietly to him. "We are not so different, you and I. Shunned for our appearance, blamed for the sins of our parents. The biggest difference I can see is that Irori has chosen to give me insight into this matter. He prefers to give hints instead of answers, however, so I'm not sure of all of the details, but you can help me with that. What is in that jar, and what is the secret that everyone is trying so hard to keep? I suspect that it has to do with why Malgrim, Patrissa, Madge and Ebbin seemed so delighted to hear that Mord was sentanced to die."

Diplomacy:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

As Ganer pulls the recalcitrant half orc aside, Halgrak lurches forward away from him and grabs the jar away from Horven.

Let me know if you want to resist the attempt, Horven. FYI he is not grappling with you just a little flavor text here, he he.

He allows himself to be led away from the others, and is merely content with stroking the jar like it was some well beloved pet. All he utters from his lips id the phrase "I gots me toes back...I gots me toes back...I gots me toes back..."

After Ganer talks to him gently, like a child in a way, Ganer sees tears flowing down the half orc's face. He looks up at the oracle and shudders, "It not be me fault. That good fer nuttin' Malgrim...he...he forced me ta do it...said if'n I did not do as he says, not only would he cut off me toes , he threatened ta do the same to me wife 'n me kids! I needed ta borrow the money 'cause I couldna find no work for months 'n I needed the coin!" He gives a final wracking sob and finally finishes up in an almost inaudible tone, "I did not mean ta send Mord to th' noose. Please fergive me."


Male Halfling Rogue 4, Passive Perception = 20, AC = 19, T = 15, FF = 15, HP= 26/26

Horven lets Halgrak take the jar of toes. He casually leans a little closer to hear what Halgrak has to say.

Perception Check:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


male Tiefling (Rakshasa Spawn) Oracle 4 Passive Perception 14

"What do you mean? Malgrim set him up to be executed? Do you know why?" Ganer continued speaking quietly. Seeing Halgrak going to pieces, he put a hand on the Half-Orc's shoulder, suddenly self conscious after realizing the cloak had slipped back and part of his hand was now visible. He couldn't very well pull back, and so was forced to hope that no one would notice his clawed, pawlike fingers. "I believe you, stay close to me, and I will protect you if I can."

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

Halgrak is quiet for a moment when Ganer finishes his statement, and does not seem to notice (or care about) Ganer's unusual appearance. He finally composes himself and puts the jar into his pack. He turns to look at all of you and asks, "What do we do now? I mean, we are stuck 'ere wit' no way out 'cept through th' gallows and there be nothin' back the way we cam--" His voice stops short as he sees something...

Rolls:

Stealth 1d20 ⇒ 12

Perception: (surprised)
Ganer 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Y
Gared 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 Y
Horven 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 N
Ratcliff 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 N

Ebin 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 N
Halgrak 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17 N
Killian 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19 N
Madge 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 Y
Patrissa 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17 N
Sir Rekkart 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Y
Tablark 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Y

Initiative:
Ganer 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Gared 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Horven 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Ratcliff 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Ebin 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Halgrak 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Killian 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Madge 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Patrissa 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Sir Rekkart 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Tablark 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Z 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Following his gaze, your attention is drawn to a figure shuffling slowly through the open doors to the north. As it moves closer into the light still shining fron the lantern Madge is holding, you are horrified to see it is Malgrim! Or at least what looks like him....

Knowledge Religion DC 10:
Judging by the spiked chain which is still wrapped tightly around his throat, you are sure this is actually Malgrim's corpse reanimated as a zombie.

Combat - Round 0 (Surprise round)

As you watch in stunned horror, Malgrim jerkily moves towards L/R 1d2 ⇒ 2 and swings a beefy fist Slam 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 at Tablark, who grunts as the blow strikes him but the padding of his vest prevents any serious harm.

"By all 'th gods, what is this?" Tablark utters in terror.

Initiative: Ganer, Madge, Zombie, Horven, Gared, Killian, Ebin, Ratcliff, Tablark, Halgrak, Patrissa, Rekkart.

MAP

Time: 7:30 pm, T plus 1 hour 30 minutes.

Horven, you are up. Since this is the surprise round you have a single action only.


Male Halfling Rogue 4, Passive Perception = 20, AC = 19, T = 15, FF = 15, HP= 26/26

Move to (AM, 17).

Horven is surprised by the appearance of Malgrim or whatever this creature was, but too far to do much about it. He could get close but it would mean leaving himself open it an attack. No, it would be much better to slip into a position where he could do more damage.

Secretly, Horven was glad "Malgrim" decided to show up, but he would never admit it to anyone.

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

Horven moves into a more strategic position.

The old man Killian sees the appearance of the former hobgoblin enforcer and gasps in fear. He then hustles quickly away from the impending combat readying his cane as he moves. Move to AR 14

The giggly gnome starts singing an offbeat tune in the gnomish tongue, which really has the only effect of annoying the rest of you. Like Killian, he decides discretion is the better part of valor and moves away from the combat. Move to AV 14.

Initiative: Ganer, Madge, Zombie, Horven, Gared, Killian, Ebin, Ratcliff, Tablark, Halgrak, Patrissa, Rekkart.

Ratcliff, you are up. Single action only as this is the surprise round.


Male Ratfolk Wizard/1{HP 6 | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 11 | CMB -2 | CMD 11 | F +0| R +3| W +3| Init +3 | Per +3}

Uh Oh its right next to me. AHHHHHH.

Ratcliff squeaks in fear and quickly scurries to withdraw from the combat. Suddenly his fear is offset by curiosity and he turns to study the creature "I wonder how you managed to get here"

He has tries to move as far away as possible but still gives himself a good line of sight :)


male Tiefling (Rakshasa Spawn) Oracle 4 Passive Perception 14

I'll go ahead and post now, since Ganer and Madge are tied for first as far as initiative goes.

Ganer withdrew his hands into the cloak, ready to throw it off if need be. He gripped his shield as he moved forward, chanting a spell as he did so. He wound up in front of the ambling corpse.

Moved to AL19, right in front of him, and casted bless.

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

Ratcliff scurries quickly out of the way, taking refuge in front of the ice box. I placed you in front of the ice box (in square AO 20) since Halgrak is in your way.

Patrissa screams, "OOOhhh, by the Gods!" and stumbles away from the animated corpse, stumbling slightly in her heels. Move to AQ14.

END Surprise round; Start Round 1.

Ganer resolutely moves in front of the corpse, almost daring it to strike him, and chants a quick prayer to Iori and everyone in the area feels bolstered by a sense of courage. Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

Madge drops the lantern on the ground causing the light in the area to bounce wildly before shining off to the side. She draws her dagger while tumbling acrobatically behind the walking corpse, slashing wildly at it! Acrobatics 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34 vs CMD 14...move to AK17. Attack Dagger 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 24; damage 1d3 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + (5, 4) = 10 Her blade bites deep into its side, but it is nearly jarred out of her hand as it shrugs off the blow. It turns to face the pretty halfling girl moaning softly and swings at her in a long arc, swatting her aside like she was an insect. Attack Slam 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22; damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9. She cries out in pain and fear. "Help me, Horven!"

Initiative: Ganer, Madge, Zombie, Horven, Gared, Killian, Ebin, Ratcliff, Tablark, Halgrak,, Patrissa, Rekkart.

MAP

Horven, you are up.


Male Halfling Rogue 4, Passive Perception = 20, AC = 19, T = 15, FF = 15, HP= 26/26

5 foot step to (Al, 17); draw dagger as move action

"Tch," Horven utters.

So much for tactics...But I am not doing this for her.

Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Horven swings his dagger in a controlled arc. Even if it finds its mark, Horven knows his weapon would not make much of a dent in his foe.


male Tiefling (Rakshasa Spawn) Oracle 4 Passive Perception 14

Oops, I forgot to roll knowledge (religion). Well, if I remember right, it's a free action that can be done even out of turn.

Knowledge (Religion):
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

No problem, Ganer.

As Ganer realizes this is a zombie the group is fighting, he knows slashing weapons will be more effective against its undead hide.

Horven steps up to meet the zombie and swings at it, connecting solidly with it in its side. Damage 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2 While the mark was a shallow one, he realizes the slashing motion was indeed the best way to take it down, unlike Madge's blow which had not taken advantage of the edge on her dagger blade. Horven, feel free to roll damage when you make your attack rolls. Let me worry about if the attack is effective or not :)

Initiative: Ganer, Madge, Zombie, Horven, Gared, Killian, Ebin, Ratcliff, Tablark, Halgrak, Patrissa, Rekkart.

Gared is up.


Male Dwarf Zen Archer Monk 3//Preacher 1, HP: 38/38, AC(wMA) 20 /t 16 /f 18, F 8, R 4, W 9,(+3 vs spells/poison) Init +2, PasPer 21(23 stone), Darkvision 60'

Gared stared into the dead creature's face with an almost dazed expression for the briefest of moments before realizing the threat it posed to all of them, then took a step closer to the fray before firing two arrows at the deathly hobgoblin in a fluid flurry of motion.

5 foot step to AQ 18 and flurry of blows with bow at the Malgrim. If anyone moves between him and Malgrim, he'll shout for them to "get out th' blasted way, will ye!" as a free action

Attacks:

To hit: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
To hit: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

Gared, it looks like you did not take into account the Bless spell cast earlier by Ganer. With the additional +1 to hit, that is just enough...

Gared draws and fires, seeing his target as clear as day despite the dark shadows engulfing the lounge. For a second, he nearly overcompensates for the jerky movements of the zombie but Iori's blessing clears his mind and steadies his aim. The shot flies true, embedding itself into the shoulder of the once-living hobgoblin. However, the second shot flies above it and impacts on the far wall.

It is clear to everyone one solid blow should be enough to finish it off, also Killian and Ebin are more than happy to be idle spectators in this fight.

Initiative: Ganer, Madge, Zombie, Horven, Gared, Killian, Ebin, Ratcliff, Tablark, Halgrak, Patrissa, Rekkart.

Ratcliff, you are up.


Male Ratfolk Wizard/1{HP 6 | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 11 | CMB -2 | CMD 11 | F +0| R +3| W +3| Init +3 | Per +3}

Ratcliff lifts his hands and a small shining blue, diamond shaped piece of magic forms. He squeaks as he releases it.

Cast Magic Missile (+1 bonus from intense spells):

Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

The silvery missile slams into the walking corpse, tearing a hole on the other side of its body. It jerks around for a few seconds, like a puppet with its marionette strings cut then gurgles softly before ollapsing to the floor, unmoving.

As the sounds of combat fade away, silence returns to the courthouse, except for the faint sounds of the wind whistling outside the barred windows...and the faint sounds of a giggling child, mixed with the sounds of a woman sobbing.

Combat is over.

Time: 7:35 pm, T plus 1 hour, 35 minutes.


Male Halfling Rogue 4, Passive Perception = 20, AC = 19, T = 15, FF = 15, HP= 26/26

Horven picks up the lantern and walks over to Madge.

"Are you okay?" he asks her.


Male Dwarf Zen Archer Monk 3//Preacher 1, HP: 38/38, AC(wMA) 20 /t 16 /f 18, F 8, R 4, W 9,(+3 vs spells/poison) Init +2, PasPer 21(23 stone), Darkvision 60'

Wooo! Thank's for that Eric! First victory!

Gared shook his head solemnly as walked over to the fallen hobgoblin. "Nobody be deserving of this madness..." muttered the dwarf.
He stepped over to Madge and Horven before offering the female halfling a hand to steady her. "Ye alright there, little ones?" His tone was gruff, but his brilliant eyes showed only sympathy...


Male Halfling Rogue 4, Passive Perception = 20, AC = 19, T = 15, FF = 15, HP= 26/26

"I'm fine, Gared, but Madge took a pretty bad blow."

Horven brushes the hair away from his face, almost absently. He closes his eyes for a brief moment, lost in thoughts he could not pick out. The formality of his words falls away. This fight gave him a common bond with the others, albeit a distant and cold one.

"This must be a place of great evil if that could happen," Horven says, pointing at the corpse. "I suppose that's all the more reason to stick together."

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

Madge stares at the fallen corpse of the ex-juror for a moment, a glazed look on her face before she starts wiping the ichor from her dagger. To the trained eyes of those who wield weapons and know the procedure of cleaning ones weapons efficiently, she takes a few seconds longer than necessary. Her motion is somewhat jerky and mechanical.

Sheathing her blade again she turns to Horven, an unreadable look on her face. She turns away from him but he is able to catch her body shuddering slightly before she responds, "Yes, I suppose you are right."

She manages to give Gared a weak smile, "I guess I am OK..." although she is favoring her side and it is clear she could use some healing, magical or otherwise. "Does anyone have a healing potion?" She asks plaintively.


male Tiefling (Rakshasa Spawn) Oracle 4 Passive Perception 14

Luckily for Ganer, the large cloak helped conceal his look of disdain. It was beginning to sound like nothing less than the justice that Gamer was becomming convinced Jarbin Mord had been deprived of.

He moved to the nearest wall, and then quietly cast Detect Magic before letting his eyes wash over the room, watching out for anything that stood out.

Unless something pressing comes up, he's going to watch the room and if he notices anything, he'll watch for another round to see what stands out.

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

Ganer allows the other members of the jury to move to assist the young halfling, and uses the distraction to cast his spell...

Ganer:
The first round of detection you discover the presence of magic. Concentrating further, you sense several auras in the immediate area...after a few seconds you determine the strongest is a moderate aura. You do find you cannot determine the exact number of auras, probably due to the presence of the moderate aura obscuring the weaker auras.

I need a Knowledge Arcana roll from you to determine anything further.


male Tiefling (Rakshasa Spawn) Oracle 4 Passive Perception 14

Knowledge Arcana:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

I'm betting that's probably a fail, can he determine anything about where the moderate aura is, or is that what the roll was for?

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

Ganer:
Yeah, that is what the roll was for. Sorry.


Male Ratfolk Wizard/1{HP 6 | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 11 | CMB -2 | CMD 11 | F +0| R +3| W +3| Init +3 | Per +3}

Ratcliff squeaks and swishes his tail in excitement "I've never tried that on a live...well moving target before!!!" He scuttles across the room and studies the corpse looking for anything out of the ordinary, apart from the fact that it was walking a few seconds ago. "A severe punishment, being brought back from death."

Rolls:
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Kn Nature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Kn Arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

Ratcliff moves to the corpse and starts his own investigation of it. Searching the corpse he finds several intersting items:


  • Gold cigar case, inside are ten cigars along with cutting tools. These cigars are Julan cigars harvested from the once-rich tobacco fields of the Sodden Lands long before they were washed away by the Eye of Abendego.
  • A masterwork spiked chain (still wrapped around its neck). Inspecting the chain further you see it is monogrammed with the name Grindle-Slash.
  • Masterwork studded leather armor (rather smelly.)
  • Silver tindertwig case
  • Small necklace pouch filled with gold and silver teeth.
  • A Potion filled with a milky white liquid. Scanning the vial using Detect Magic And using your rolls posted... you determine it is a Potion of cure moderate wounds.


Male Ratfolk Wizard/1{HP 6 | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 11 | CMB -2 | CMD 11 | F +0| R +3| W +3| Init +3 | Per +3}

"Erm does anyone know why Malgrim has teeth in a pouch?" Ratcliff takes the potion but allows everyone else to take what they would want "He won't be needing it anymore I guess."

He walks over to Madge and hands her the potion "Drink this, it will...help with the pain."

151 to 200 of 3,451 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Project 'X" Game thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.