Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Great (Pathfinder) Society...in Magnimar!

Game Master Eric Swanson

Shattered Star AP...undertaken by a roving band of misfits...errr scholars...errr...heroes, he he.


451 to 500 of 3,272 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Halfling Summoner 4, HP 25/25, AC 12/t 12/f 11, F 2 /R 3 /W 4, Init +1, PasPer 11, Sp (1st) 3/5 (2nd) 2/2, SMI&II 8/8

"Of course, often the simplest answer is the best."
"Fancy, please? You are crowding a bit..."


Outsider Eidolon (Biped) 4, HP: 22/27, AC 15 /t 11 /f 14, F 4, R 2, W 3, Init +1, PasPer 16, Darkvision 60'

The statuesque Eidolon steps back from the halfling.


Halfling Summoner 4, HP 25/25, AC 12/t 12/f 11, F 2 /R 3 /W 4, Init +1, PasPer 11, Sp (1st) 3/5 (2nd) 2/2, SMI&II 8/8

Bother! I hope Sheila doesn't hold my aid against them. Should have thought of that before I got myself involved. 'Fancy', help me put this away will you?

"Well! That was interesting. Of course I would have expected... Oh wait, I know why the correlation now! I forgot Bakrakhan & Shalast had a long rivalry. No wonder THAT was the association!" Yamyra commented as she levered the massive tome she had come to Heidmarch Manor to return.


Outsider Eidolon (Biped) 4, HP: 22/27, AC 15 /t 11 /f 14, F 4, R 2, W 3, Init +1, PasPer 16, Darkvision 60'

Certainly, miss Yamyra.
Miss Carmina asked if I thought the young mr. Horven and mr. Gared might be in 'that' manner of relationship. What is 'that' manner of relationship, if I may inquire?

Fancy easily lifts the Tome from her Halfling companion's grasp & turns to place it upon a shelf well out of anyone's reach without the aid of a stepladder.


Halfling Summoner 4, HP 25/25, AC 12/t 12/f 11, F 2 /R 3 /W 4, Init +1, PasPer 11, Sp (1st) 3/5 (2nd) 2/2, SMI&II 8/8

Yamyra coughs explosively, tears welling in her eyes as she forcefully contorts her face in a 'failed' attempt to hide an expression of startled glee. "FANCY!?!" Recovering her composure heroically, "That's...
Thank you for that,
aid."
Flushing a bright red so crimson as to give some concern that she might start bleeding somewhere, Yamyra continued, "I'm sure I don't know. Perhaps we'll look into it later..." However you notice her gaze flicks to Horven & Gared furtively, if speculatively.


Male Halfling Rogue 4, Passive Perception = 20, AC = 19, T = 15, FF = 15, HP= 26/26

"So is there anything in that fan...er, elaborate box?" Horven asks. He deliberately avoids using the word 'fancy' as it might refer to the eidolon, which he wasn't quite sure how to perceive. "It'd be kind of a shame if it were truly empty."


Halfling Summoner 4, HP 25/25, AC 12/t 12/f 11, F 2 /R 3 /W 4, Init +1, PasPer 11, Sp (1st) 3/5 (2nd) 2/2, SMI&II 8/8

"Well, you could open it of course."
I leave that to you fellows however, not entirely certain Sh.."
Yamyra coughs, interrupting herself.
"Lady..."
"Venture-Captain Heidmarch wanted me helping you with this in the first place. She did say it was in the manner of a test of your ingenuity in the field..."


Male Halfling Rogue 4, Passive Perception = 20, AC = 19, T = 15, FF = 15, HP= 26/26

"A perfectly good excuse to get three strangers killed," Horven says with a good-natured laugh. "I suppose I ought to contribute something to this venture."

Horven approaches the box and opens it, without a shred of caution or doubt.

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

As you crack the lid open, there are two puffs of smoke and a revolting creature appears from each cloud. A mixture between a lapdog and some sort of gremlin-like creature. They immediate turn their attention, not to you, but to the contents of the room . One starts ripping up scrolls, whilst the other starts carving obscenities into the wooden surface of one of the bookshelf.

Knowledge Nature DC 11:
These are Pugwampi, a type of gremlin well-known for the aura of unluck which perveates them, causing all sorts of misfortune to those who have to deal with them.

Initiative:
Anafa 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Fancy 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Carmina 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Ganer 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Gared 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Horven 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
.
?? 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Round 1: Horven, "?", Anafa, Fancy, Ganer, Carmina, Gared.

OK no map in this one. This room is appx. 30' by '15' with a table filling it so the quarters are rather tight. Please declare your actions and whenever you roll a d20 roll (such as an attack roll, a skill check, or a saving throw) please roll twice.


Male Halfling Rogue 4, Passive Perception = 20, AC = 19, T = 15, FF = 15, HP= 26/26

"Ahh...this is why I don't open things," Horven comments, mildly amused.

Horven draws his cold iron rapier and approaches one of the creatures.


Halfling Summoner 4, HP 25/25, AC 12/t 12/f 11, F 2 /R 3 /W 4, Init +1, PasPer 11, Sp (1st) 3/5 (2nd) 2/2, SMI&II 8/8

If attacks of opportunity are possible, Fancy should get one (I think), unless they don't have to move to start destroying things.

"Oh bother!" Yamyra exclaims surprisedly, stepping toward Fancy as she begins to shape arcane energies in a dweomer of protection.
I'm very glad I had Fancy put the tome away, they can't reach it up there...
On Yamyra's action she will cast Mage Armor on Fancy, stepping to the side away from the nearest gremlin-like creature. Are they also the size of a lapdog or gremlin?

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

Horven, do you wish to attack here? You can easily reach one of the gremlins.


Outsider Eidolon (Biped) 4, HP: 22/27, AC 15 /t 11 /f 14, F 4, R 2, W 3, Init +1, PasPer 16, Darkvision 60'

"Should I strike to subdue, miss Yamyra?" Fancy queries as she prepares to swat the destructive creatures.
1st Slam attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23,1st Slam damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7, non-lethal Bludgeoning
1st Slam attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21,1st Slam damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10, non-lethal Bludgeoning
2nd Slam attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6,2nd Slam damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4, non-lethal Bludgeoning
2nd Slam attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15,2nd Slam damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5, non-lethal Bludgeoning. Fancy takes no negative modifiers when inflicting non-lethal damage with her slam attacks, both attacks are directed at the closer of the two creatures.


Halfling Summoner 4, HP 25/25, AC 12/t 12/f 11, F 2 /R 3 /W 4, Init +1, PasPer 11, Sp (1st) 3/5 (2nd) 2/2, SMI&II 8/8

"Yes! But focus on that one first!" Yamyra cries out, pointing at the creature closer to her.

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

As Horven moves to engage the gremlin, Yamyra casts a protective spell on herself while her eidolon strikes at the gremlin creature accosting the bookshelf. Her first blow seems to waver for a second before she shrugs off the effect and strikes it solidly, knocking it to the ground. As the creature loses consciousness, it vanishes an a dark puff of smoke.

Round 1: Horven (standard action), "?", Anafa, Fancy, Ganer, Carmina, Gared.


male Tiefling (Rakshasa Spawn) Oracle 4 Passive Perception 14

Ganer withdrew his hand into the robe, and drew it back with a mace in hand. He hobbled toward the nearest of the creatures and swung hard at it.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Halfling Rogue 4, Passive Perception = 20, AC = 19, T = 15, FF = 15, HP= 26/26

Ah, yes, attacks...
1:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
crit confirm:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
damage, if critical:2d4 - 2 ⇒ (2, 4) - 2 = 4
if not:1d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
sneak attack damage (since I acted first):1d6 ⇒ 6

2:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
crit confirm:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
damage, if critical:2d4 - 2 ⇒ (3, 3) - 2 = 4
if not:1d4 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
plus sneak attack:1d6 ⇒ 2

Phew...

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

Horven strikes at the gremlin and penetrates its ugly hide, despite almost losing his grip on his dagger. Dark blood oozes from the cut.

Ganer is less fortunate, as his blow goes wide of the gremlin. Over correcting his swing, he strikes the table soundly, making a large dent in the hardwood surface.

DM Notes:
HP 2/6
Event 1/6

Round 1: Horven, Gremlin, Anafa, Fancy, Ganer, Carmina, Gared.


Halfling Summoner 4, HP 25/25, AC 12/t 12/f 11, F 2 /R 3 /W 4, Init +1, PasPer 11, Sp (1st) 3/5 (2nd) 2/2, SMI&II 8/8

Because of the qualities of the Summoner/Eidolon link the Summoner can cast 'self' spells on the Eidolon, she can also cast spells that don't affect outsiders on the eidolon as if it were a humanoid. That is why I said Yamyra cast Mage Armor on Fancy.


Male Dwarf Zen Archer Monk 2//Preacher 1, HP: 23/29, AC(wMA) 20 /t 16 /f 18, F 8, R 4, W 9,(+3 vs spells/poison) Init +2, PasPer 20(22 stone), Darkvision 60'

I'm going use up a perfect shot, which allows him to roll twice and take the highest result for one attack. Since the other effect asks me to roll twice and take the lowest, I'm just rolling the one die as the effects cancel out in my head. If you'd like me to do something else, feel free to roll for me or let me know. Attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Damage if hits:1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Gared took a step back as he pulled the bow from his shoulder and took a deep breath to steady himself against the strange difficulty assaulting the practiced motion before loosing a single cold iron tipped arrow at the beast.

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

Yamyra, that is fine. I trust you to run your character properly :)

Gared's single shot is more than sufficient to bring down the other gremlin, which also vanishes in a puff of acrid smoke.


Male Dwarf Zen Archer Monk 2//Preacher 1, HP: 23/29, AC(wMA) 20 /t 16 /f 18, F 8, R 4, W 9,(+3 vs spells/poison) Init +2, PasPer 20(22 stone), Darkvision 60'

Gared quickly strode over to the box and peered inside, nocking another arrow as he did so, ready to confront any more danger the strange box might hold.

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

The box is mostly empty — as Gared examines it he sees it contains three garnets, a masterwork silver dagger, and a ring. I assume someone will cast Detect Magic here. The ring does radiate magic (a faint transmutation aura)

After a moment, you all hear the sounds of someone approaching. Then the door opens and Sheila enters the room, Koriah close behind her. They both have weapons drawn. Koriah wields her aklys while Sheila wields a rather ornate quarterstaff.

Sheila has a look of anger on her face as she points at the signs of combat, demanding "What is the meaning of this?"


male Tiefling (Rakshasa Spawn) Oracle 4 Passive Perception 14

Detect Magic:

Spellcraft to identify the ring: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Detect magic you say? Done and done.

Ganer approached the box and looked inside, his mace hung limp in his hand. He did not look away when the others returned, as to not lose his concentration, though he did answer their questions in a slow monotone. "We opened the box, monsters were inside. We killed them."


Halfling Summoner 4, HP 25/25, AC 12/t 12/f 11, F 2 /R 3 /W 4, Init +1, PasPer 11, Sp (1st) 3/5 (2nd) 2/2, SMI&II 8/8

"We opened the box..." Yamyra answers Mistress Heidmarch's inquiry, pointing a bit weakly at it. Mustering a certain amount of resolve, "You know yourself there are protocols in place for investigating unknown & potentially dangerous artifacts," murmuring an aside to herself, "and if a Thassilonian relic recovered from the Darklands doesn't qualify as potentially dangerous, I don't know what does..."
Rallying fully, waving her finger at Shiela as she advanced a step, "You said 'it's in the library, check it out'; not 'it's in the library, take it to the lab'. They don't know where the lab is," waving back at the others, "I don't do field work..."
"You are somehow surprised that something untoward happened?!"

At this point I'm not certain whether Diplomacy or Intimidate is appropriate. Yamyra isn't trying to Intimidate Shiela, but she does want her to back down, given that Yamyra sees it as Sheila's own mistake for not taking better precautions & her own emotions are high. I will roll each & you can take which ever you prefer. untrained Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16, Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

Ganer successfully identifies the ring as a Ring of Feather Fall.

There is a brief look of chagrin on Sheila's face but she accepts Yamyra's explanation with a smile. "“First, allow me to apologize for that unpleasantness regarding the gremlins—but it does provide an excellent object lesson. The life of an adventurer is not one for the weak-hearted. That you not only took care of the gremlins but also got the box open in the first place is all the confirmation I need that my gut was right—you’re the perfect group for the job I have in mind."

As Ganer shows her the contents of the paradox box, Sheila notes the items and says, "You may keep the treasures found inside the box. However, I wish to keep the paradox box itself for further study."

She indicates for you to have a seat back at the table. Once seated, she continues. “You see—I’ve recently had trouble with one of my informants here in Magnimar, Natalya Vancaskerkin. She’s a half-Varisian who recently approached the Pathfinder Society with an offer to serve as a street informant. She runs with the Sczarni—I’m not sure with which group. A week ago, Natalya sent me a cryptic hint that her gang was on the verge of uncovering an item that would be of great interest to the Society. Since the Sczarnis’ methods of uncovering something often involves an armed robbery or breaking into somebody’s personal chambers, we thought it prudent not to press for further details and instead wait to see what it would produce. Suffice it to say, she hinted strongly that it pertained to Thassilon, and promised to meet with me to discuss this find three days ago."

She pauses for a second to let the information sink in. “She never kept that promise—instead, she seems to have simply vanished. Initially, I assumed that the acquisition of this item was simply taking longer than expected, but now I’m hearing rumors that the Sczarni are looking for her as well."

Another pause. “It seems likely that Natalya has absconded with this item she’s discovered. And this is where you enter, my friends. I want to know what it was that Natalya and the Sczarni found. In fact, I’m more interested in that than in what happened to Natalya herself. For now, I’d like to keep all of this quiet—if you can find out what happened to Natalya without letting a lot of people know she was also working for me as an informant, that would be preferable—that’s a big part of why I’m coming to you, as new members of the Pathfinder Society, with this task. You don’t yet have a reputation in Magnimar, and as such, the lowlifes and criminals you are likely to encounter may be more likely to talk."

She smiles at all of you again. “So... go out there and look for Natalya. Find out what happened to her, and to this item she and her gang discovered. If you can secure the item, all the better—bring it back to me and I’ll have a reward of 500 gold pieces for you. And if you can bring Natalya back alive for me to speak to, I’ll double that!”

She then waits for your questions.


Male Dwarf Zen Archer Monk 2//Preacher 1, HP: 23/29, AC(wMA) 20 /t 16 /f 18, F 8, R 4, W 9,(+3 vs spells/poison) Init +2, PasPer 20(22 stone), Darkvision 60'

As Shelia offered her explanation, the dwarf pulled a whetstone from his pack and began sharpening the dulled arrowhead with it.
When she finished voicing her desires Gared nodded, and with a glance to his companions turned to address Shelia. "Have you any leads as to where we might find Natalya's trail? Also, a description of her features and any knowledge you have of her would be helpful in finding her."


Halfling Summoner 4, HP 25/25, AC 12/t 12/f 11, F 2 /R 3 /W 4, Init +1, PasPer 11, Sp (1st) 3/5 (2nd) 2/2, SMI&II 8/8

Knowledge Checks with a DC of 10 or less may be attempted untrained. May Yamyra attempt a Knowledge: Local check in case she might recall something? I'm guessing she will know all the information listed in 'Magnimar at a Glance' in the Player's Guide without needing to make a roll. Here is the roll just in case. untrained Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

"Well, if she's Sczarni," Yamyra sniffs disdainfully at mention of the word, "She's more likely in Shadow or Shore than Summit, and more likely still in Shadow than Shore..." Murmuring an aside to herself, "Though if she could find a hiding place here in Summit, no one would think to look for it..."
"If you want them to pass off as not-from-around-here,"
Yamyra points at the others while directing her gaze firmly on Sheila, "that is easy enough. Am I to play 'native guide', or do I go back to my previous tasks..." She trails off invitingly.


Male Halfling Rogue 4, Passive Perception = 20, AC = 19, T = 15, FF = 15, HP= 26/26

Horven sheathes his rapier. "Who puts gremlins in a box? Really! Is that some ancient Thassilonian joke? 'Oh ha ha, I'll get that ol' Varras this time for sure'"

Horven straightens his hair again and looks at Sheila. "I am fairly sure we can accommodate you, though I get a feeling Natalya ended up taking on more than she could handle. Given that they stick gremlins in boxes and if her discovery was a significant Thassilon item, then only Desna knows what she is dealing with. Ah, still...it sounds like something worth looking into."

Horven seems a little bit too cheerful when presented with the task.


Female Tiefling (Demonspawn) Sorcerer 4 (Abyssal) PP=11 HP: 33/33 AC 18 (Touch 12, FF 16) Claws 9/9

With a strong, eager voice, Carmina responds to Sheila, looking forward for her first assigment.

"Don't worry, we will bring her back alive and well!" She furrows her brow for a moment, then continues. "Though she might have a few bruises. And maybe a black eye. You know, if she does not come along nicely."

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

Sheila answers, "Carmina, I know I can trust you to do the right thing if she does not agree to returning with you." she then turns to face Yamyra and chuckles softly, "There is reason why I gave ALL of you that invitation!"

She then turns to address you as a whole. "I do not know much about Natalya, other than that she approached the Pathfinders and offered to be a sort of double agent among the Sczarni. As you may be aware, the Pathfinders have recently forged alliances with the Sczarni in many cities throughout the Inner Sea region, and having a member of a Sczarni gang as a double agent could be quite useful. Unfortunately, one of Natalya’s conditions for entering this alliance with the Pathfinders was that she wanted to retain a good amount of anonymity and autonomy, so she’d be free to handle things as she saw fit." Signs of her regretting the decision can be heard in her voice.

She shrugs her shoulders slightly and continues, "I can tell you what information I have about the Sczarni. The Sczarni have been a part of Magnimar from the start—they’re not the most dangerous or powerful of the city’s criminal organizations, but they are the most visible. The Sczarni generally don’t involve themselves in particularly violent crimes, and in many cases in Magnimar, they actually help to protect and police less fortunate neighborhoods, and as such are often well regarded by the lower-class. There are six major Sczarni gangs in the city: the Creepers, Doolun’s Lads, the Gallowed, the Tower Girls, the Washside Wringers, and the Wreckwash Blades, with the Gallowed being the most powerful Sczarni family in the city." She pauses again. "When Natalya initially approached me with the offer of serving the Pathfinders as an informant, she engaged the aid of a man known as the Amazing Zograthy, a Varisian who keeps a permanent tent and fortune-telling business in Washers’ Row in Dockway—specifically, at the end of a narrow alley that serves as a permanent street fair."

Knowledge Local DC 14:
You know the Amazing Zograthy often works as a sort of middle-man between Sczarni and outsiders, but he expects gold in payment for his services.

She rises to her feet, indicating the interview is nearly over. "I do not have much else to offer, other than rumors rumors of Nidalese slavers prowling the streets of late, and if these are true, being abducted by a slaver in the middle of the night would certainly explain Natalya’s absence. She might even have been picked up by the city guard for some reason, in which case a visit to the Arvensoar, the garrison for the city’s watch, might yield some clues."


Male Halfling Rogue 4, Passive Perception = 20, AC = 19, T = 15, FF = 15, HP= 26/26

Knowledge (Local) check:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

"Perhaps the Amazing Zograthy might be the place to start without attracting too much attention to ourselves. I think we'll save the city's watch as a last resort," Horven contemplates.


Male Dwarf Zen Archer Monk 2//Preacher 1, HP: 23/29, AC(wMA) 20 /t 16 /f 18, F 8, R 4, W 9,(+3 vs spells/poison) Init +2, PasPer 20(22 stone), Darkvision 60'

Gared nods again to Sheila and again to Horven in agreement as he ponders the situation.


male Tiefling (Rakshasa Spawn) Oracle 4 Passive Perception 14

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

"I believe Horven has it right, this pretentious Varisian might be the best lead to start with. It might also be a good idea to make contact with the Sczarni, and see what they know. I've been known to spin a yarn or two, I'm sure I could come up with a story as to why I would be seeking her and why they should help me find her."

He paused for a moment, as a look of disgust crossed his face and then added, "If the Nidalese are involved, I would rather not speak with them at all."


Halfling Summoner 4, HP 25/25, AC 12/t 12/f 11, F 2 /R 3 /W 4, Init +1, PasPer 11, Sp (1st) 3/5 (2nd) 2/2, SMI&II 8/8

"So we're certain we understand you," Yamyra summarizes, a slight glare apparent in her direct gaze at Sheila. "The watch may know more, at least regarding the rumours of abductions, particularly those rumours blaming possible Nidalese abductors."
"Miz Vankaskerkin approached you though an intermediary by the name of 'the Amazing Zograthy' & he might have more of an idea where she may be found now..."
"You know enough of the Sczarni,"
at which point, in an aside to the newcomers to Varisia, Yamyra murmurs, "the word is Varisian. Still not quite certain what it really means..."
"Varisians, by the way, have been in Magnimar since before there was a Magnimar. Sczarni are merely opportunistic criminals. I realize every culture has them..."
"When she says 'police & protect' what they actually do is not let anyone else threaten, steal from, or or otherwise prey upon their victims in their turf. That & they mostly limit themselves to mere extortion..."

Turning back to Sheila, "As I said, you know enough of the Sczarni to know the names of the various gangs but you don't know which gang she was a member of?"
"How did you know she was truly Sczarni?"
"Honestly Sh..."
"Venture-Captain Heidmarch,"
"'training exercise' or not, that is a bit sloppy of you. I've read your reports, if someone gave you this little initial information you'd have raked them over the coals by now..."

Realizing, belatedly, she might have stepped over a line with the last comment, Yamyra raises her hands in a placatory manner, muttering to herself as she turns to go, "At least it's not field field work..."

Well, love, I suspect your presence will cause more concerns than it may assuage, particularly as we will undoubtedly be dealing with Sczarni. Get some rest dear, I'll call you if I need you.


Outsider Eidolon (Biped) 4, HP: 22/27, AC 15 /t 11 /f 14, F 4, R 2, W 3, Init +1, PasPer 16, Darkvision 60'

Yes, miss Yamyra. You need not concern yourself on my account regarding the Sczarni.
I was merely...
ignorant of the possible reactions my presence might engender.
If you wish it, I will go.

There is a slight shimmering, the faint sound of fine ceramic gears clicking, and Fancy seems to disperse into infinitesimally tiny cubical motes; which then proceed to fall,
upwards,
into nothingness.


Halfling Summoner 4, HP 25/25, AC 12/t 12/f 11, F 2 /R 3 /W 4, Init +1, PasPer 11, Sp (1st) 3/5 (2nd) 2/2, SMI&II 8/8

As Fancy does so, the arcane sigil blazing upon Yamyra's forehead flickers & fades away.
She sighs, "I'll be waiting at the gate."

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

Sheila gives the halfling a bemused look in response to the young girl's scolding. Apparently, she and Yamyra have had similar discussions in the past.

She says crisply, "I have told you all I know of Natalya. Now, you all did not become Pathfinders in the expectation of having others handle these tasks, right?" She then rises to her feet. "Now if there is nothing else you need...?"

So, what is the plan guys?


male Tiefling (Rakshasa Spawn) Oracle 4 Passive Perception 14

Wow, no one called out Ganeron his potentially horrible idea of interviewing the Sczarni? Hmm, well there it is. Also, I would suggest that we start with this Amazing Zograthy.

"What do you suggest? Shall we first wander the streets, to familiarize ourselves with with the town? Or shall we ask for a guide to take us to this Zograthy individual?"


Male Dwarf Zen Archer Monk 2//Preacher 1, HP: 23/29, AC(wMA) 20 /t 16 /f 18, F 8, R 4, W 9,(+3 vs spells/poison) Init +2, PasPer 20(22 stone), Darkvision 60'

Gared raises his eyebrow further up his forhead at Anafa's borderline insult of their employer. When Sheila stands to send them on her way, Gared carefully finishes sharpening his arrow and stores it gently in his quiver after smoothing out the fletching. The dwarf then bowed low to Shelia addressing her formally as he did so. "I believe you've provided more than enough for us to start on, Venture-Captain Heidmarch. We'll set out immediately." The dwarf motioned for his companions, new and old to walk with him.

The dwarf spoke to the group as they walked, but mostly to Carmina and Anafa. "Horven has a way about him with people of any sort, and Ganer does spin a an awe-some tale when he wishes. I'm not much for words, and all my tracking skill is of little use when in such a traveled city as this. If they wish to start with the Sczarni with this Amazing Zograthy, then I would wish to support them as best I'm able.


Halfling Summoner 4, HP 25/25, AC 12/t 12/f 11, F 2 /R 3 /W 4, Init +1, PasPer 11, Sp (1st) 3/5 (2nd) 2/2, SMI&II 8/8

@ Ganer: Yamyra didn't say anything about your idea because she was ranting against Sczarni in general & she figured it was a given she wouldn't like it.

"Never deal with the Sczarni if you don't have to!" Yamyra blurts out passionately, "Didn't you listen to a word I said?"
"At the very least, let's talk to this Zogarthy first. Find out which pack of reprobates she runs with..."
"Not to mention, Vancaskerkin isn't a Varisian name...
& Sczarni really don't like outsiders..."

Hey DM Eric? Knowledge: History or Geography, or what to recognize the ethnicity of Vancaskerkin?
"But Desna does!" Yamyra smirks slightly at her inadvertent pun. "We should visit Cynosure Tower first, if anyone would know about a half-Varisian daughter of...
somebody else,
it would be Bevaluu Zimantiu."
"She is the holiest person I know, I just hope she is still here...
Priestess of Desna, likes to travel don't ya know."
Yamyra concludes by way of explanation.
"Cynosure Tower is in Keystone District, down in Shore. We'll have to leave Summit no matter where we go or who we talk to, so we might as well get going..." As Yamyra picks herself up from her seat on the lowest of the portico steps.


Male Halfling Rogue 4, Passive Perception = 20, AC = 19, T = 15, FF = 15, HP= 26/26

"Aye, let's go," Horven sighs with a shrug. "And I'm sure only Desna knows where we will end up."

"Zogarthy won't be hard to find. No, he's a showman, a intermediary between outsiders and the Sczarni. He'll be found if he can hear two coins clinking together. I think I can handle a man whose religion is profit. We probably went to the same temple growing up,"Horven says with a genuine smile.


Halfling Summoner 4, HP 25/25, AC 12/t 12/f 11, F 2 /R 3 /W 4, Init +1, PasPer 11, Sp (1st) 3/5 (2nd) 2/2, SMI&II 8/8

"Whether we choose Dockway & Zogarthy or Keystone & Cynosure Tower first we will have to leave Summit for Shore & that means we head that way." Yamyra smiles back at him, pointing straight out the gate & past the large, municiple-looking structure across the park from Heidmarch Manor.


Female Tiefling (Demonspawn) Sorcerer 4 (Abyssal) PP=11 HP: 33/33 AC 18 (Touch 12, FF 16) Claws 9/9

With a light blush, Carmina listens to the conversation, embarrased by the fact that the names and places are mostly unknown to her, even though she has lived in the city for her whole life.

"Well, uh... You can lead the way. I'm not that familiar with the places where the common people gather." With a slightly less arrogant and a slightly more worried tone she adds: " Are these Sczarni guys really so terrible? Why do you dislike them so much?"


Halfling Summoner 4, HP 25/25, AC 12/t 12/f 11, F 2 /R 3 /W 4, Init +1, PasPer 11, Sp (1st) 3/5 (2nd) 2/2, SMI&II 8/8

Turning to Carmina, Yamyra sighs in unpleasant recollection, "If you haven't noticed dear, your average Halfling is not much bigger than your average nipper."
"Now children of any sort can be cruel,"
glancing over at Carmina & again at Ganer, "which I expect the two of you likely know better than I ever could; but not long after Fancy first arrived there were a group of Varisian children I had got on quite well with, who suddenly were as vile a pack of little monsters as you could hope never to meet..."
"It was all I could do just to call her from...
Wherever she goes,
when she goes..."
"It'd take me half the morning just to talk her out of the bedroom once I'd cajoled her here..."
Yamyra's arms spread as if to encompass not just the city, but all reality as a whole, "Not your fault," turning once more to Ganer, "but you put yourself rather their way with your treating her..."
"I s'spect I'm a bit,
overprotective,
you might say."
Turning back to answer Carmina, "The Varisian children," Yamyra's tone makes it obvious she would rather use a harsher term, "were all in line to be runners & sneaks & look-outs for their older sibs in various Sczarni 'mutual-aid-societies' as Sh...
Venture-Captain Heidmarch,
might call them..."
Yamyra scuffs her feet, not looking directly at any of the rest of you.


male Tiefling (Rakshasa Spawn) Oracle 4 Passive Perception 14

Ganer looked confused for a moment, and then said, "I fear you will have to explain what that means. I first addressed her as though she was a person, far better than most address me at first sight, and you respond with anger. You implied both that she was not a person, and that she was in some way your property. I then follow the cues you laid out, and you are still not satisfied. So I don't follow how I treated her in any way that you might be referring to."


Halfling Summoner 4, HP 25/25, AC 12/t 12/f 11, F 2 /R 3 /W 4, Init +1, PasPer 11, Sp (1st) 3/5 (2nd) 2/2, SMI&II 8/8

"I...
saw it differently."
"You asked her a question that neither she nor I had yet an answer to,
in a manner reminiscent of the events I just...
well, detailed isn't the right word...
glossed over would be better."
"In either case, we've both made our apologies & I only brought it up again because...
well, I shouldn't have brought it up again. I'm sorry."
By this time, unless others have deliberately slowed or stopped, the party will have just passed the great structure across the park from Heidmarch Manor, "House of Lords, that is." Yamyra murmurs, in passing. Carmina, you notice your family's crest on one of the several different flags flying above the front.
The House of Lords fronts onto a wide, deep Plaza with four broad, well maintained streets, of which only the East matches the cardinal points exactly. Pointing down that thoroughfare, Yamyra continues, "I s'spect you three came up that way. Among other matters, it marks the...
well, Captial District is to the North & Naos is South, leastways until you reach Vista, where we'll really need to make a decision as to who we talk to first."

Grand Lodge

Wishes there was a Sheila Heidmarch avatar... NOT ANYMORE!!!

Moving on...

Time 2:00 pm

It takes your group over an hour to pass into the Dockway district and then to track down Washer's Way. Fortunately, it is still a lovely day with the sun shining brightly and a gentle sea breeze blowing in from the ocean. Once you have made your way there, you can see Washers’ Row is a tangle of open-air washhouses, launderers, and Varisian wagons and tents—while the bulk of those who live and toil here do so in the laundry and tailoring industries, there are some who practice other trades.

Knowledge Local DC 15:
You also know that Washer’s Row is also primarily a front for one of Magnimar’s larger Sczarni gangs, the Washside Wringers.

At the southern end of Washers’ Row, a tattered banner hanging over the entrance to the small side street advertises “Professor Callivario’s Stupendous Exhibition of the Outrageous and Sublime.” Beyond this overly exuberant advertisement is a squalid setup consisting of little more than a series of rundown sideshow booths and carts with assorted games and amusements of the meaner sort. To one side, urchins pitch pennies at lily pads floating in a small, scum-covered fountain while a bored carnie looks on. Nearby, the sound of cats hissing and fighting arises from behind a cart where a small crowd of ne’er-do-wells has gathered to cheer and place bets. Everywhere lurk faces pinched with suspicion or hunger— expressions worn by carnival workers and visitors alike. This is not the sort of place to be careless with a coin pouch.


Halfling Summoner 4, HP 25/25, AC 12/t 12/f 11, F 2 /R 3 /W 4, Init +1, PasPer 11, Sp (1st) 3/5 (2nd) 2/2, SMI&II 8/8

Callivario? I thought Sheila said he answered to Zograthy?

Hey DM Eric. Would it be possible to make a Linguistics check to tell if either Zograthy or Callivario were ethnic Varisian? If so, Linguistics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19, to know that.

Sense Motive DC 22, or other PC's:
untrained Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 Yamyra is not comfortable around this many likely Sczarni, Think ethnic Irish in a largely Italian or German neighborhood early twentieth century New York, but she seems to be maintaining a reasonably blase demeanor.

"Well, this is the end of the row." Yamyra says, pointing at the faded banner. Turning back to the others, "the longer we stand out here, the more we look like prey to them," tilting her head to indicate the large number of street people about.
Turning back, Yamyra advances cautiously through the not-quite-alley, her hand never far from her dagger.


Male Halfling Rogue 4, Passive Perception = 20, AC = 19, T = 15, FF = 15, HP= 26/26

Knowledge(Local):1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

"Hmm, interesting..." Horven murmurs as the group moves through Washer's Row. He strides confidently down to the end. "There ought to be a sign of some sort here."

Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

He looks for any indication of Zogarthy's place.

451 to 500 of 3,272 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Project 'X" Game thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.