Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Goblin Cave

Game Master Quillworth

Several adventurers wake up in a cave. There are goblins. Stuff happens.


551 to 600 of 744 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter (Brawler) 3

It is usually up to the GM to tell the players when their readied actions activate. At this point, none of them will so it is Carys' turn. Then the round will reset and we can choose new actions.


Female Human 3rd Level Wizard

Carys moves toward the creature and shouts:
"May Pharasma grant his protection!"
A brief glimmer shoots 10 feet in each direction from Carys' position before fading.

Protective ward. People within 10ft of me get +1 AC bonus


Male Human Fighter (Brawler) 3

NICE! Also, this might be fun for you. Pharasma is a girl :P Click the link to find out more.


Male Celestial Game Master

Agreed with DSM. I'd be telling y'all if you could take your readied actions. Let's move forward to the next round.


Female Human 3rd Level Wizard

read that around when we started, but have been meaning to reread since we started up again. Thanks for the reminder!


Male Human Ranger 3

My turn?

Carrying a torch in one hand and his axe in the other, Eli grimly marches to the orc. Once within reach, he drops the torch and fully grips the haft as he brings the axehead down.

Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Bloody hell.


Male Celestial Game Master

Update: Everyone head over to the discussion forum to talk about the "crunch" idea.

Eli's quick response when he sees the foe appears to be for nothing, as the large orc easily sidesteps the axe with a smile, then raises his own battleaxe, which appears to have once been quite decorative before it was worn away by either time or battle.


Male Human Fighter (Brawler) 3

Seeing Eli in danger, Lucas charges the orc with his hanbo.

Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Celestial Game Master

Lucas's charge is quick enough to catch the orc in his greenish-brown midsection before he can completely shrug it off. The hanbo's sturdy end digs deep in between ribs, causing almost instant bruising.
Hit! 7 damage.


Female Human 3rd Level Wizard

Wondering if Eli's torch move changes the shadows any? Also, Lucas, don't forget to move on the board!


Male Celestial Game Master
Carys Heylyn wrote:
Wondering if Eli's torch move changes the shadows any? Also, Lucas, don't forget to move on the board!

Yup, it does change the lighting on the board. I just can't get to it at work, so I have to wait a few hours and change it. Everyone's asleep over there anyway :)


Male Human Fighter (Brawler) 3

I can't move on the board. My permissions are gone.


Male Celestial Game Master

Hmm, that's weird. I haven't changed anything. Let me check it out.


Male Goblin 3 Fighter (Free-hand)

Xazt sees the assault set out on the orc, and follows suit, arcing his scimitar around for a brutal strike.

Move to N4
Atk: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 for Dmg: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Female Human Cutpurse Rogue 3

Seeing her comrades charge toward the darkness, Ariana decides to move forward into the shadows once again.

Move to O5 if not obstructed by an enemy. Is this a double move? If so, that's the end of my turn. I'm attempting to get into flanking position w/either Lucus or Xazt. If I can get into flank w/o an AOO from a currently unseen enemy, then please put me there.


Male Celestial Game Master
Xazt said wrote:

Xazt sees the assault set out on the orc, and follows suit, arcing his scimitar around for a brutal strike.

Move to N4
Atk: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 for Dmg: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

The orc is completely on guard after Lucas's blow, and contorts his lower body, causing the scimitar to "whoosh" through nothing but air, but only just barely. Miss.

Ariana said wrote:

Seeing her comrades charge toward the darkness, Ariana decides to move forward into the shadows once again.

Move to O5 if not obstructed by an enemy. Is this a double move? If so, that's the end of my turn. I'm attempting to get into flanking position w/either Lucus or Xazt. If I can get into flank w/o an AOO from a currently unseen enemy, then please put me there.

It's a double move. You're in position. I've also updated the lighting on the board.


Male Celestial Game Master

Reeling from Lucas's blow, the orc grips his warbitten battle axe and swings it heavily toward Lucas's shoulder.

Atk: 26 (holy crap) & Dmg: 9

Lucas's shoulder explodes with blood as the battle axe wedges deep into it, nearly through bone. The orc stares into, almost through, Lucas's eyes.

Perception 15 (Carys, Eli, Lucas):
The orc quickly shifts his eyes toward the goblins and back at Lucas.


Male Celestial Game Master

Goblins:

The goblin (O,4) smiles a wide, crooked grin and slashes quickly at Xazt's left side.

Atk: 9 (miss)

Xazt sidesteps the attack easily.

The goblin near Ariana take a quick swing with its short sword as she approaches.

Atk: 6 (miss)

Failing miserably, the goblin glances behind him.

The third goblin moves up and attacks Ariana.

Atk: 21 Dmg: 5

The short sword catches Ariana off-guard and cuts into her leg.


Female Human 3rd Level Wizard

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Carys steps behind her companions. She looks strait at the large orc and says:
"en iss sværed til en iss saajæl"

Celestial:
"an ice sword for an ice soul"

Cast Ray of frost: touch attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11]
1d3 ⇒ 2 cold damage
Still active: Protective ward:+1 to AC w/in 10 ft (round 2)


Male Celestial Game Master

Hit! 2 frost damage to the orc.


Female Human 3rd Level Wizard

dude, I was sure that wouldn't hit! Awesome. Also, can we still do the next up thing. It's just another reminder to help things keep moving


Male Celestial Game Master

Sure. NEXT UP: Eli :)


Male Human Ranger 3

Eli steps forward to his left, flanking the orc, and makes another swing at the ugly beast.
Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Male Human Ranger 3

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Shadow Lodge

In spite of the blow he took, Lucas takes advantage of Eli's aid and lines up a blow to the Orc's head.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Celestial Game Master

Both blows find their mark, sweeping up into the orc's side and slamming against his unguarded head. He reels, but regains his footing, blood covering his entire left side, head to foot.

Ouch! Hit! 9 damage. Hit! 9 MORE damage.

NEXT UP: Xazt!


Male Goblin 3 Fighter (Free-hand)

"Orc sl klas go, nmmm?"

In Goblin:
"The orc doesn't seem so tough now, huh?"

A few harsh goblin words escape Xazt's mouth as he arcs his scimitar around for another slice at the orc.

Atk: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 for Dmg: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Female Human Cutpurse Rogue 3

Feeling the sting of the last hit, Ariana prepares to strike and hopefully damage her foe equally.

Attacking the goblin who hit me: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Celestial Game Master
Xazt wrote:

"Orc sl klas go, nmmm?"

** spoiler omitted **

A few harsh goblin words escape Xazt's mouth as he arcs his scimitar around for another slice at the orc.

Atk: 1d20 + 10 for Dmg: 1d4 + 6

The scimitar adds to the other two quick attacks on the orc, who nearly loses his balance with Xazt's blow.

Hit! 9 damage (you guys like 9)


Male Celestial Game Master
Ariana Firth wrote:

Feeling the sting of the last hit, Ariana prepares to strike and hopefully damage her foe equally.

Attacking the goblin who hit me: 1d20+5 Damage: 1d4+2

Ariana deals a deft retort to the goblin with such force that it seems to put the little creature nearly into shock.

Hit! 6 damage.

"Raglic snarfish ilk yorkuns!"

In Goblin:

"Pretties hoomun pains it!"

NEXT UP: Baddies


Male Celestial Game Master

ORC:

The orc, after such a barrage of blows, seems a bit thrown off balance. His eyes narrow, and he shouts as he takes a five foot step back:

"shok'tag norr il 'gaw!"

In Orcish:
"We have one fate!" ("fate" here is the word for the orcish understanding of the will of the gods)

(then, in common)"Now!"

After stepping back, the orc levels a mighty swing of his battleaxe at the goblin which attacked Ariana. It's ragged edge whistles slightly as it plunges through the dank cave air:

Attack: 19 Dmg: 11

There is little left of the goblin but a bloody mess as the orc retracts his axe.

GOBLINS:

The remaining two goblins are silent for nearly a full second at what the orc has done, but then flail toward him, screaming nonsense at the top of their lungs, shortswords swinging wildly:

(Gobby in front of Xazt)
Attack: 12 (hit) Dmg: 7

Somehow, the first goblin is able to cut deep into the orc's leg with its short sword.

(Other gobby)
The other goblin moves around its dead companion to engage the orc...

Ariana may take an AoO here, should she wish.


Male Celestial Game Master

Sorry to be confusing. Ariana, I'm waiting on your AoO to finish the goblin's movement and attack. Yes, normally we'd move on and you'd sort it out after my post, but this is a special case.


Female Human Cutpurse Rogue 3

No problem. I will take the attack.
A:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 D:1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Celestial Game Master
Ariana Firth wrote:

No problem. I will take the attack.

A:1d20+5 D:1d4+2

Thanks! Sadly, that's a miss.

The goblin continues on , sidestepping Ariana's quick strike, and aims a crazy swing at the orc's torso.

Attack: 20 Dmg: 4

The orc's reflexes are painfully dulled from being pummeled four times in the past six seconds, and he barely moves at all in a completely ineffective attempt to dodge, taking the goblin's serrated short sword to his stomach with a sickening "splorch."

NEXT UP: Carys


Female Human 3rd Level Wizard

A bit confused by the turn of events, Carys takes a step forward, determined to protect her friends.
She begins quietly chanting
"en faajier til enfoldig en faajier for din suujorvn"

celestial:
"A feather for the simple-minded, a feather for your bed"

Carys begins casting "sleep" (1 round action)
Still Active:Protective Ward +1 to AC(round 3)


Female Human 3rd Level Wizard

So, there's nothing to resolve from my turn, so Next up: Eli


Male Human Fighter (Brawler) 3

Actually, we need to see if the enemies fail their saves. Sleeping enemies would render different tactics.


Female Human 3rd Level Wizard

It's a full round spell, so it won't activate till my next turn. I didn't notice that last time I used it ;)


Male Human Fighter (Brawler) 3

Ah. Carry on Eli! :P


Male Human Ranger 3

Eli swings at the orc again, eager to bring it down.
Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 crit confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 hotjack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 x3 = 18


Male Human Fighter (Brawler) 3

Lucas wipes the blood spray out of his eyes and looks for a new target.

Hold action until Carys' spell finishes.


Male Celestial Game Master

Goodness gracious. Hit, confirm crit. 18 damage.

The orc is caught by surprise, not that he could have evaded well anyway. Between all of the attacks he's received in the last round, he is unable to resist, and Eli's axe cuts right through his middle, leaving a gaping hole where most of his lower organs used to be.

Still, somehow, the orc stays propped up on one knee after he falls. He's not really breathing, not moving an inch, but there is still fire behind his one open eye. That eye stares forward, not at the goblins, not at Eli, not at anything, as the massive battleaxe drops from his hands. He continues to stare into the distance. Staggered.

NEXT UP: Ariana


Female Human Cutpurse Rogue 3

I thought it was Xazt next? I'll go if you insist. :)

Ariana continues her assault.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Goblin 3 Fighter (Free-hand)

I could swear I did. Weird, I thought I posted awhile back?

Shadow Lodge

That was a full round ago :P


Male Celestial Game Master

Eh, my bad. Xazt, go ahead. I'll consider your action as before Ariana's.


Male Goblin 3 Fighter (Free-hand)

lol

Xazt cocks his scimitar back, ready to unleash hell on the next person to assault his team.

Readied action to cut a b*@%~ that makes any threatening action on my team. If I have to charge, I will.


Male Celestial Game Master

Okay, sounds good. That attack on the goblin is a miss, Ariana.

The orc, barely on two feet and covered in blood from his multiple gaping wounds, bares his teeth and whispers, to no one in particular:

"Gok uzokk dey nar'bazok...zall subokk"

In Orcish:
"Underground, as my fathers died...but..."
(the translation of the last phrase is closest to "not yet" in the common tongue; resigned but resolute at the same time, an oft-used orcish paradox)

He slightly extends his arms in a posture which seems well-known to him, hands flat, palms out, pushing out the world. His eyes glaze over, and he looks down at his large battleaxe where it rests at his feet. Then, he plummets forward and slams against the smooth stone, dead.

The goblin nearest to the orc seems to regain some sense, recovering from its wild swings, and running, full bore, away from the band of escapees, and even dropping its short sword in the process. Withdrawal.

The other goblin, although wounded heavily, also withdraws from the fight upon seeing the orc slam to the ground, and flails its arms with a loud "blargleargleargle!" (which is only gibberish, even in goblin) as it dashes into the darkness of the cave from whence it came.


Male Celestial Game Master

We're still in initiative order, until y'all decide to pursue or not, so...

NEXT UP: Carys


Female Human 3rd Level Wizard

Finish casting Sleep. I wan to attempt to cast it where the goblins have run to. Not sure if i should how I should roll for that or what.

551 to 600 of 744 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Goblin Cave (trial story) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.